╌>

Televangelist Jim Bakker: “I Could Be Shot” for Wearing a Hat With a Cross On It

Category:  Religion & Ethics

Via:  hal-a-lujah  •  7 years ago  •  5 comments

Televangelist Jim Bakker: “I Could Be Shot” for Wearing a Hat With a Cross On It
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2017/09/15/televangelist-jim-bakker-i-could-be-shot-for-wearing-a-hat-with-a-cross-on-it/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=BRSS&utm_campaign=Nonreligious&utm_content=361

You know how Donald Trump keeps talking about how Christians will be finally able to say “Merry Christmas” and the rest of us roll our eyes because it’s not like they ever couldn’t?

Televangelist Jim Bakker is one of those gullible people who thinks Christians in the U.S. are persecuted. He made the claim on his show yesterday that wearing a hat with a cross on it might provoke someone to murder him.

Bakker went on to declare that “everything God’s ever spoke to me has come to pass” while fuming that society has made Christians afraid to share their faith. But Bakker refuses to be controlled by that fear, even though he knows he could be killed simply for wearing a Christian hat in public.

“I wear them out in public and I know I could be shot,” he proclaimed. “I know that. There are crazy people out there, but I’m not going to deny the cross. I will not deny the cross! I won’t.”

Umm… no one asked you to deny anything. No one’s coming after you. I assure you more abortion doctors have died at the hands of extremist Christians than Christians have died at the hands of extremist atheists.

People drive around with Jesus Fish stickers on their cars. They wear cross necklaces. They gather in churches all the time. They have no reason to be scared. Yet the Christian who promotes his faith on a TV show is somehow freaked out about wearing a cross hat because people might discover his faith.

If Bakker want to know what it’s like to live in fear because of his beliefs, he should visit a mosque.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
1  seeder  Hal A. Lujah    7 years ago

Why doesn't every Christian in this country stand up and admit that Jim Bakker is a moron and does not represent their concept of what a Christian is?  Because so many of them are just like him.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
1.1  Dowser  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @1    7 years ago

I do not like him, and never have.  My condolences to Tammy Faye, who put up with him while married to him.  She's dead now, isn't she?  That woman could really slather on the eye makeup-- but I think she was sincere in her beliefs.  He, on the other hand, sincerely believed in benefitting his own pocketbook.  

Note:This man does not represent my beliefs.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2  Kavika     7 years ago

Bakker is out of prison now?   Amazing, he really must have repented./s

Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו
Junior Participates
3  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו    7 years ago

There are probably many reasons that  someone might want to take a shot at a scamming scumbag like Bakker but what's on his hat wouldn't be one of them.  Now being struck down with a lightning bolt from an angry god for the blasphemy that hat would represent would be quite understandable. 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
3.1  seeder  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @3    7 years ago
"Now being struck down with a lightning bolt from an angry god for the blasphemy that hat would represent would be quite understandable." It's kinda proof that the Christian concept of god is a complete farce.