╌>

It's not racist if it's from the left

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  redding-shasta-jefferson-usa  •  7 years ago  •  66 comments

It's not racist if it's from the left
It's not racist if it's from the leftMonday, September 18, 2017 | Chad Groening

On Friday, President Trump tweeted that ESPN "is paying a really big price for its politics (and bad programming). People are dumping it in RECORD numbers. Apologize for untruth" in response to ESPN anchor Jemele Hill's recent tweet:

"Donald Trump is a white supremacist who has largely surrounded himself w/ other white supremacists."

Nadra Enzi, a member of the advisory council of The National Leadership Network of Black Conservatives' Project 21, says Hill's comment echoes the talking points of Hillary Clinton.

Enzi
"I don't believe in coincidence," he asserts. "It is midterm elections, so we expect any number of dog whistles from any number of liberal commentators. This is strictly political. It's nothing more than trying to work up a base that's still in a catatonic state since the Trump victory."

Hill has not apologized for her accusation and has received nothing more than a slap on the wrist from her employer. Enzi does not believe that would be the case if it were a white commentator making a similar comment about Barack Obama.

"It's absolutely a double standard," he states. "You attack the president of the United States from your privileged position as an ESPN commentator, and ESPN does not do the right thing and fire you. Were the roles reversed and a white commentator made a similarly inflammatory comment about President Obama, he would be out of the door before the crease in his pants left."

"It's a double standard," Enzi reiterates. https://www.onenewsnow.com/media/2017/09/18/its-not-racist-if-its-from-the-left

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1  seeder  XXJefferson51    7 years ago

question mark confusionA conservative black activist says there is definitely a double standard when it comes to making racially-charged statements.

Transyferous Rex
Freshman Quiet
2  Transyferous Rex    7 years ago

I don't expect ESPN to fire its employee. If the tweet turns a person off, then he or she can turn the channel. 

There is a double standard. I think I'd rather see the Donald say that Hill is wrong. She's free to make any outlandish comment she wants, but she's wrong. And walk away. Don't feed it anymore. That's what the conservatives have never figured out. For liberals, any press is good press. Double standard? Yes. Crying about it won't make it better.  

sixpick
Professor Quiet
3  sixpick    7 years ago

What I can't understand is all these people keep claiming racism in these cities where the Mayor, the Chief of Police, the number two person in the police department and a good number of the officers are black.  It's getting a little old, actually. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4  Tessylo    7 years ago

"For liberals, any press is good press"  Don't you mean 'for Donald Rump, any press is good press?"

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo @4    7 years ago

Who's Donald Rump?  Never heard of anyone with that name.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.1    7 years ago
"Who's Donald Rump?  Never heard of anyone with that name."
That would be the fat orange turd that now resides in the White Trash House with his mail order whore bride.  

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
4.1.2  Cerenkov  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.1    7 years ago

Misogyny is not welcome here. Comment removed for CoC violation [ph]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Cerenkov @4.1.2    7 years ago

Comment removed for CoC violation [ph]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Cerenkov @4.1.2    7 years ago

Comment removed for Skirting the CoC [ph]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5  Tessylo    7 years ago

Off topic/derailing CoC violation [ph]

sixpick
Professor Quiet
5.1  sixpick  replied to  Tessylo @5    7 years ago

"Donald Trump is a white supremacist who has largely surrounded himself w/ other white supremacists."

Not until he ran for president was he accused of that, no different than the accusations made of other Republicans running against the Democrat hypocrites.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Tessylo @5    7 years ago

I'm looking forward to October 1 cause we soon thereafter won't see so much purple font, because those who earn it will be on lots of forced vacations, longer and longer ones as they continue to dirty the Newstalkers site.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.2.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5.2    7 years ago

👏👍

sixpick
Professor Quiet
6  sixpick    7 years ago

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
7  Sean Treacy    7 years ago

ESPN should be a case study into running a brand into the ground. It's model should be incredibly simple to execute and comes with a huge built in customer base. Show live sports and provide sports news. 

A simple formula that created a billion dollar company. But over the last decade, it decided simply covering sports wasn't enough, it's programming became gradually suffused with left wing advocacy.  It's just dumb on so many levels. As Michael Jordan noted," Republicans buy shoes, too" and in the case of sports consumption, make up a disproportionate share of their target demo.

SO instead of simply covering sports, they decided to politicize them. Lionize Bruce Jenner on their awards show as a hero for becoming a woman, fire employees who criticize liberal mores while protecting and defending those who attack conservatives, lionize athletes for taking liberal stands while attacking those who advocate for traditional values. I love sports and used to watch sports center on a frequent basis, now I'll only watch live coverage of games now. 

I'm not alone. The rating for the Hill's anchored sportcenter are down 20% year over year. Is she in any danger of losing her job? Of course not, because virtue signaling has become the purpose of ESPN's existence, not providing sports coverage. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8  Tessylo    7 years ago

What does your rant about anything liberal have to do with this thread although it seems like anytime you comment it's about how the left is destroying everything?  I really don't understand your rant against sports and liberalism.  Really confusing.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
8.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo @8    7 years ago

Since a portion on the article is about ESPN and it's liberal tilt and how they fire commentators who express any conservative view while saying nothing about one who bashes the current president, his post is ontopic

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9  Tessylo    7 years ago

I guess what you're saying about lionizing athletes for taking liberal stands while attacking those who advocate for traditional values - means you're ranting against Colin kapernick's silent protest and advocating for traditional values - what are those traditional values???

sixpick
Professor Quiet
9.1  sixpick  replied to  Tessylo @9    7 years ago

It's a little deeper than that Tessylo.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  sixpick @9.1    7 years ago

Well please expound then won't you?

Tex Stankley
Freshman Silent
10  Tex Stankley    7 years ago

As far as Trump and his assortment of witless minions, appointees and henchmen are concerned, if you tacitly support fascists, and nazis there is a pretty good chance that you are one.  

Truth be told, one of our national conversations should be more about class than race.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
10.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tex Stankley @10    7 years ago

Doesnt it get old calling the elected President of the United States and his appointees fascists and nazis because you don't like it that he was elected and or you disagree with him/them on policy matters?  Doesn't it get old calling people who voted for Trump and or support several of his policies fascists and nazis?  How does that kind of attack and put down to nearly half of America elevate dialogue or contribute anything positive to a discussion?

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
10.1.1  Raven Wing  replied to  XXJefferson51 @10.1    7 years ago

Indeed that kind of talk does get old, XX, but, you and other Conservatives here on NT seem to really enjoy spewing your fair share that kind of tiresome BS when it comes to Obama, Hillary and other Democrats, aka "The Left". But, when it comes to your side of the street, getting it dished back is not OK by you.

As the old saying goes, if you don't want to eat it, don't dish it out. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
10.1.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  Raven Wing @10.1.1    7 years ago
Indeed that kind of talk does get old, XX, but, you and other Conservatives here on NT seem to really enjoy spewing your fair share that kind of tiresome BS when it comes to Obama, Hillary and other Democrats, aka "The Left".

You seem to be attacking a lot of people. 

As you typically say when there is a response to such an attack:

"You do not have the right to make false judgments about me when you know nothing at all about me."

If you want to attack people you can expect a response

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
10.1.3  Raven Wing  replied to  Vic Eldred @10.1.2    7 years ago
You seem to be attacking a lot of people.

Why is it that I don't see you saying that to those on the right who like to use a very broad brush when painting the Democrats as evil beings? There are a number of people here on NT that do that continually, yet, I have never seen you step in and say that to them. 

And yes, when people make statements attacking people when they know nothing about them, you can be sure to get a response.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
10.1.4  Vic Eldred  replied to  Raven Wing @10.1.3    7 years ago
Why is it that I don't see you saying that to those on the right who like to use a very broad brush when painting the Democrats as evil beings?

Why?  Because we had a president who called a huge portion of the population "clingers" - that they cling to their guns & Bibles".  We also had the democratic nominee call an equally huge portion of the population "deplorables" - that they were "racists", 'misogynist", "homophobic" etc.

THAT IS WHY I DON'T DEFEND DEMOCRATS.

The article is about the double standard on the left. Do you think it is so? 

That is the question here

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
10.1.5  Raven Wing  replied to  Vic Eldred @10.1.4    7 years ago

"THAT IS WHY I DON'T DEFEND DEMOCRATS."

I see.....that explains it all. That statement just made my case. Thanks. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
10.1.6  Vic Eldred  replied to  Raven Wing @10.1.5    7 years ago

You are very welcome

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
10.1.7  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @10.1.2    7 years ago
If you want to attack people you can expect a response

that's the typical left mentality.  For some reason, somewhere in their narrow little minds, they think that they are above any repercussions.  Then when it comes they are suddenly offended when they are treated exactly how they treat others.

Tex Stankley
Freshman Silent
10.1.8  Tex Stankley  replied to  XXJefferson51 @10.1    7 years ago

I call them fascists, white supremacists and Nazi sympathizers because that is what they are. 

I refereed to Pres Obama as an old school or Republican Light because that is how he ruled.   The same with Bill Clinton and all the neoliberals.  

Business interests and politics in the US of A have long danced with fascism.  Do a little reading on the Smedley Butler incident from the 30's.   Same ol same ol. 

I call them those things because if you trace a great deal of these folks politics and personal lives they are entwined with the right wing.   It is not rocket science.   Just takes a bit of curiosity.

As far as Trump supporters, well, Hell's Bells, in my book when you tacitly support these kind of things, racism, blood and soil, bidness and greed over justice and the good of society, well, dang, it is the side they have chosen.   Revel in it.  

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
11  Raven Wing    7 years ago

"it's a fucking duck"

And you say you are trying to have an adult discussion.......crude language does not speak of being very adult. More like someone who has nothing of any real content to say other than to resort to crude language to express themselves. 

Tex Stankley
Freshman Silent
11.1  Tex Stankley  replied to  Raven Wing @11    7 years ago

Raven Wing,

Howdy Doodle at you.   Let me just pre-apologize for the times that I will use words that might cause the church crowd to blush.   In defense of the usage of colorful verbiage and my cranky old self lemme just mention that I am an old woodworker.  Blue collar to the bone.   We tend to the colorful and cannot hep ourselves.

best your way.  keep yer powder dry.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
11.1.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Tex Stankley @11.1    7 years ago

Dear Friend Tex, no apology is necessary. I am by no means a stranger to off color language, in English or other languages I have learned. Most all the men in my family going back many generations have served in the Military, and it seems that off color language is a part of being a part of the team. And I have been known to use some of it myself under some situations. 

But, I do believe that there is a time and place for its use. And I never use against or in reference to anyone on a personal basis. I do take exception when someone directs it to me in a bullying or intimidating manner in order to belittle, denigrate or try to force me to accept their way of belief or thinking when that is unacceptable to me.

I am not responsible for what others say or do other than when it is directed at me, then I do have the right to express my objection. I don't personally find it necessary to use such language to have civil conversation. 

However.......that is me. I don't judge what others may think or feel about it. They are an individual with their own acceptances, as am I. So as long as it is not directed at me or used in conversations with me, I have nothing to say about it. (smile)

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
12  Perrie Halpern R.A.    7 years ago

OK this discussion is getting way to personal in nature. Please refrain from addressing each other or even referring to each other in this article. I will be handing out suspension to anyone who doesn't take heed. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
13  seeder  XXJefferson51    7 years ago

The topic here for all is that it isn't racism if it's an act done by the left. It's generally true across the board though.  If the right does something it's wrong, evil, racist, or whatever but when the left does something similar or comparable, well they're entitled, there are no equivalancies, and their crap doesn't stink.