╌>

Starbucks robbery suspect may sue 'Good Samaritan' who subdued him

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  7 years ago  •  5 comments

Fox News, September 20 2017

The mother of a man who police said attempted to rob a Starbucks in California, but was thwarted by a Good Samaritan, reportedly said her son plans to sue because the hero used "excessive force."

The video of the July robbery went viral. Police released the footage showing Cregg Jerri, 58, struggling with a would-be robber in a Transformers mask who tried to stage a hold-up with a knife and toy gun at a Starbucks in Fresno.

Jerri, at one point, approaches the robber from behind and bashes him over the head with a chair. Eventually the two hit the ground and grapple. Police said Jerri was stabbed in the neck as he tried to grab the knife.

They said when Jerri took the knife away, he stabbed the robber several times. Police said Ryan Flores, 30, was the man in the mask.

"The guy, in my opinion, went from a Good Samaritan to a vigilante," Pamela Chimienti, Flores’ mother, told KSEE-TV. "Stabbing somebody that many times, it doesn't take that many stab wounds to get somebody to succumb to you."

Mark Flores, the man's father, told the Fresno Bee: “I understand he (his son) robbed the store but (Jerri) stabbed my son 17 times."

The Fresno police chief reportedly called the report of the lawsuit “ludicrous.”

Flores, who is currently in jail, did not confirm the lawsuit to the Fresno Bee.

“I don’t like to judge people, but that’s a lot of stab wounds,” he said.

Any sane person who watches the video taken from the security camera would have to agree that the "samaritan" deserves a medal rather than a lawsuit. Click this link to watch the video:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/20/starbucks-robbery-suspect-may-sue-good-samaritan-who-subdued-him.html

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    7 years ago

The robber wants to bring a lawsuit? I'm sure there are lots of lawyers in the USA who would take the case on a contingency basis thinking this bastard has a good case.  In Canada, such a case would be laughed out of court and the lawyer would be fined and required to pay all the court costs for bringing a trivial lawsuit wasting the court's time.

If the robber were seriously injured by the samaritan, he would be in a hospital instead of jail.

If the link in the article does not work, try this one, and if it doesn't, then copy and paste the url into your browser.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1    7 years ago
In Canada, such a case would be laughed out of court and the lawyer would be fined and required to pay all the court costs for bringing a trivial lawsuit wasting the court's time.

That is something that should be implemented in the US.  

96WS6
Junior Quiet
1.2  96WS6  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1    7 years ago

I agree in many countries if you lose you pay all costs it should be that way everywhere.  That dirtbag deserved every stab wound he received and he wasn't stabbed until after he stabbed the guy in the neck.  He is lucky the guy stopped IMO.   I would have went for the jugular and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

ausmth
Freshman Silent
1.2.1  ausmth  replied to  96WS6 @1.2    7 years ago

Stabbed with his own knife that he used to stab the real victim.  

Loser pay is a must!  They would never pick me for a jury.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
2  Cerenkov    7 years ago

What a tool. The good Samaritan should have finished him.