╌>

Infowars Fan Thinks He solved Healthcare, but alas

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  johnrussell  •  7 years ago  •  5 comments

Infowars Fan Thinks He solved Healthcare, but alas

"The other idea is kind of silly but a lot cheaper than what is being discussed. Say on the high side we have 400 million people in the United States so you give each person $1 million that they must keep and manage in an account that is only for healthcare. Most people will not spend over $1 million on individual healthcare in their lifetimes. Right away you're costing the taxpayer half billion dollars instead of the billions of dollars that are being discussed primarily to give health insurers huge profits and for Wall Street investors to make the same all on the backs of the hardworking taxpayers who make under 150,000 if their lucky.
It's not that difficult to figure out a better way for the people you just have to want to do that. The problem is swamp is and paid for by big insurance."

comment section

https://www.infowars.com/rand-paul-hits-back-at-trump-over-healthcare-criticism/

=========================================================

Rather than being " a half billion dollars"  as the Infowars einstein suggests, 400 million * 1 million actually breaks the calculator

400000000×1000000= 4E14

in numeric terms that sum would be 400,000,000,000,000.

Or if you prefer 400 trillion dollars.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    7 years ago

And since new people are born every minute of every day, that sum would be constantly rising.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @1    7 years ago

Using a population of 400 million (way too high by the way) times the average net worth of 37,000 dollars , the net worth of the entire nation is 15 trillion, just 385 trillion short of what is needed to fund his scheme. Laugh

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
1.1.1  Cerenkov  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1    7 years ago

Over 88 trillion in 2016...

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Cerenkov @1.1.1    7 years ago

I gave a source for my calculation. In either case it is nowhere near 400 trillion.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
1.1.3  Cerenkov  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.2    7 years ago

I was just surprised at how high the actual number was. I wasn't dismissing your comment.