╌>

UK facing most severe terror threat ever, warns MI5 chief

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  7 years ago  •  33 comments

UK facing most severe terror threat ever, warns MI5 chief

Head of intelligence service says more attacks are inevitable as Britain sees ‘dramatic upshift’ in Islamist terrorism

Emergency services at the scene outside the Palace of Westminster, London, after policeman has been stabbed and his apparent attacker shot by officers in a major security incident at the Houses of Parliament

(Photo: Express)

Britain is facing its most severe ever terrorist threat and fresh attacks in the country are inevitable, according to the head of Britain’s normally secretive domestic intelligence service in a rare public speech.

The spy chief said: “That threat is multi-dimensional, evolving rapidly and operating at a scale and pace we’ve not seen before.

(Read it all)

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    7 years ago

The spy chief said: “That threat is multi-dimensional, evolving rapidly and operating at a scale and pace we’ve not seen before.”

He added: “It’s at the highest tempo I have seen in my 34-year career. Today there is more terrorist activity, coming at us more quickly, and it can be harder to detect.”

MI5 is under pressure to demonstrate its effectiveness after four Islamist terrorist attacks escaped its detection this year.

Pegasus4
Freshman Silent
1.1  Pegasus4  replied to  Krishna @1    7 years ago

He said 20 plots had been thwarted in the last four years.

Seven plots had been stopped before jihadists could strike in the last seven months alone, Parker added. 

It's annoying that they had to bring Brexit into this news.  The countries in Europe would still share information with the UK despite Brexit.  But then, this is the Guardian.  

I do agree that social media platforms need watching and sites that contribute to jihadism need to be taken down along with videos that glorify the jihadists.  

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Pegasus4 @1.1    7 years ago
But then, this is the Guardian.

Incidentally, I deliberately chose to seed this from a left wing site :-)

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2  Buzz of the Orient    7 years ago

NO NO!!!  Nobody can talk about it. Say one bad thing about radical Islamist terrorism and you get fined or put into jail. BLASPHEMY!!!

It doesn't exist according to the American mainstream media.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
2.3  sandy-2021492  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @2    7 years ago
Say one bad thing about radical Islamist terrorism and you get fined or put into jail.

Why must you resort to lies?

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
2.3.1  Cerenkov  replied to  sandy-2021492 @2.3    7 years ago

Why do you have no sense of humor?

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
2.3.2  sandy-2021492  replied to  Cerenkov @2.3.1    7 years ago

I do.

I just don't find grasping at straws to support one's Islamophobia to be funny.  Pathetic, more like.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4  seeder  Krishna    7 years ago

Will we be next?

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
4.1  Dean Moriarty  replied to  Krishna @4    7 years ago

Not with Trump driving the bus. 

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
5  Rmando    7 years ago

This is what happens when you throw your borders wide open to the prime demographic for terrorists.