╌>

Pro-Trump ‘War Hero’ Featured on Fox News Never Actually Served

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  lmm  •  7 years ago  •  7 comments

Pro-Trump ‘War Hero’ Featured on Fox News Never Actually Served

Screen_Shot_2017-10-19_at_5.33.06_PM_fwx

A military veteran glowingly featured by Fox News earlier this month for his pro-Trump artwork and his record as a “war hero”   admitted Thursday   to lying about his military service. John Garofalo, 72, was featured in a Bryan Llenas report as having served seven years as a Navy SEAL, receiving 22 commendations, including two Purple Hearts, and having been listed twice as missing in action during Vietnam. Garofalo, who personally carved a presidential seal to gift President Trump, is a “tough, tough man,” Llenas said, after calling him a “hero” during an interview. Fox News anchor Eric Shawn later remarked: “God bless John Garofalo. We certainly hope maybe the president is listening.” However,   when the   Navy Times   reached out   to Garofalo on Thursday, he confessed to having lied about his military service. “What I did I’m ashamed of, and I didn’t mean to cause so much disgrace to the SEALs,” he told the   Times .  

https://www.thedailybeast.com/pro-trump-war-hero-featured-on-fox-news-never-actually-served

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Kavika
Professor Principal
2  Kavika     7 years ago

Opps, caught with the hand in the cookie jar.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3  Skrekk    7 years ago

Faux News loves fraudsters like this guy and James O'Keefe.

LynneA
Freshman Silent
4  LynneA    7 years ago

See Fox has corrected the record.  I'd have thought news/entertainment channels would vet their guests...especially since lying about military service is verifiable!

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5  Paula Bartholomew    7 years ago

Stolen Valor deplorables are the worse kind of deplorables IMO.