╌>

Ad campaign to impeach Trump

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  7 years ago  •  208 comments

Ad campaign to impeach Trump

The campaign is a bid by Steyer -- who has not ruled out a run for office himself -- to "demand that elected officials take a stand" on an issue Democratic leaders have so far largely avoided.

"A Republican Congress once impeached a president for far less. And today, people in Congress and his own administration know that this President is a clear and present danger who is mentally unstable and armed with nuclear weapons," Steyer says in the ad, which largely features him speaking directly to the camera.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    7 years ago

"A Republican Congress once impeached a president for far less. And today, people in Congress and his own administration know that this President is a clear and present danger who is mentally unstable and armed with nuclear weapons," Steyer says in the ad, which largely features him speaking directly to the camera.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
1.1  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Krishna @1    7 years ago

that is simply not going to happen my friend.

get used to trump as he will be there a tad over another 7yrs  

so, just sit back and watch the dominoes fall :)

get.jpg

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
1.1.1  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @1.1    7 years ago
get used to trump as he will be there a tad over another 7yrs  so, just sit back and watch the dominoes fall
Yep sit back and watch a 241 year old government be dismantled and a new government designed by one man replace it.... no big deal.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
1.1.2  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @1.1.1    7 years ago

sorry to inform you but even though you want it to be, it is not really all that drastic. 

trump just kicked the liberal world order to the curb and we got our republic back.

secure borders, fair trade deals and a sovereign country are an easy sell.

the left can not compete with those three things.

Cheers :)

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
1.1.3  Raven Wing  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @1.1    7 years ago

The old saying "never say never" is indeed a very wise saying that should be well heeded. As one day it will likely come back and make those who say never eat their words.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
1.1.4  Raven Wing  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @1.1.2    7 years ago
try not to be such a drama queen

Sounds like steve is not the only 'drama queen' here.

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.5  seeder  Krishna  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @1.1    7 years ago
get used to trump as he will be there a tad over another 7yrs

Link?

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
1.1.6  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Raven Wing @1.1.3    7 years ago

remember when the left said the right will never win the election?

watching the left eat crow?  priceless :)

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
1.1.7  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Krishna @1.1.5    7 years ago

a link?  why?

I am never wrong about such things...

am batting 1000 on the past 4 elections and all major supreme court cases during that time.

funny thing... even  I did not like it. I knew obama was going to win both times.

but at the same time, I knew the resulting backlash on the left would be incredible (and it is.)

BTW   happy birthday to Hillary :)

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
1.1.8  Nowhere Man  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @1.1.7    7 years ago

Based upon what?

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
1.1.9  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Nowhere Man @1.1.8    7 years ago

based on 50+ yrs of observation.

I find it interesting how the youngsters show up claiming they got it all figured out when actually everything they say or do has all be done before.

bottom line is the left went too far left, too fast, for this country and they will not win the presidency again until they support secure borders, favorable trade deals, and a sovereign country... while the left runs on open borders and such?  they will never win.  count on it.

obamas new normal of 2% GDP? not good enough for us.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
1.1.10  Raven Wing  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @1.1.6    7 years ago

Just be careful how much crow you throw at the losers, as there is always a way they can come back and throw it back at you. And now you are putting yourself on their level by saying 'Never' yourself. Happy

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
1.1.11  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Raven Wing @1.1.10    7 years ago
Just be careful how much crow you throw at the losers, as there is always a way they can come back and throw it back at you.

no worries... it took almost my entire lifetime to witness the end to the liberal world order

it will be even longer than that before the left gets back to where it was the first day obama was elected.  

so, in 60 yrs the left can throw whatever they want... and in that end? they will lose again just like they did today.

Cheers :)

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
1.1.12  Raven Wing  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @1.1.11    7 years ago

At the rate Trump is going, he is not only destroying his own chances of lasting the length of his first term, but, of being re-elected. An election is a funny thing, 2018 is just around the corner. Like the old saying goes, "What a difference a day makes" can become a reality. Just as easily as Trump and the Republicans won in the last election, they can just as quickly lose in the next. Trump likes to brag about all his supporters, but, the numbers tell a different story, as well as losing a lot of the support among his own party. 

Trump used to Motto of "America First" in his campaign, and that is something he truly needs to take to heart, putting all Americans first, not just his rich good 'ol buddy buster ass kissers who only use for him is to make money off of him. 

Cheers Happy  

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
1.1.13  Nowhere Man  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @1.1.9    7 years ago

You happen to know a guy named Dick Worthlin?

Explorerdog
Freshman Silent
1.1.15  Explorerdog  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @1.1    7 years ago

Seven years, interested in betting? It would be a lot more than dominoes falling if he even survives the remainder.

Explorerdog
Freshman Silent
1.1.16  Explorerdog  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @1.1.9    7 years ago

What country do you live in that supports open borders? This one doesn't and although it is way too porous it has been so under both parties and which party gives amnesty? The pendulum did swing further left than a lot like, but far more find it way to the right. at some point the moderates will prevail and the extremists will be a footnote.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
1.1.17  1ofmany  replied to    7 years ago
I would like to know: Do you honestly believe in your heart Trump will be impeached? I mean if your life depended on your answer what would you say?

This ad is just a another pointless pussyhat parade. No matter how much they scream and march and complain, Trump will still be president. Democrats just can’t seem to realize that other people are turning the same deaf ear to them that they turn to everybody else. 

Explorerdog
Freshman Silent
1.1.18  Explorerdog  replied to    7 years ago

With the same caveat can you say he won't, don't forget almost everyday brings a new trump fiasco, temper tantrum or threat against someone.

Rex Block
Freshman Silent
1.1.19  Rex Block  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @1.1.9    7 years ago
while the left runs on open borders and such?

And don't such forget the really, really important issues...like which bathroom a middle school transgender kid should use.

Rex Block
Freshman Silent
1.1.20  Rex Block  replied to  Explorerdog @1.1.16    7 years ago

While campaigning last year, Hillary came out and supported open borders in a speech to rich business types. I'm too lazy to look up a link, but it's on record somewhere.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
1.1.21  Spikegary  replied to  Raven Wing @1.1.10    7 years ago

The problem is, they keep regurgitating it and then eating it again.  Does anyone think that this level of infantile whining will win them elections down the road?  Time to wake up, grow up and plan for the future, by reversing some of the decisions that brought them to the results of this past election.

Rex Block
Freshman Silent
1.1.22  Rex Block  replied to  Explorerdog @1.1.18    7 years ago
With the same caveat can you say he won't, don't forget almost everyday brings a new trump fiasco, temper tantrum or threat against someone.
It's because the loony left and the media keep bringing up irrelevant crap that no one cares about. As you keep finding out, this tactic has never worked...and I doubt it will in the future. The collusion and obstructing justice theories will fall apart due to lack of interest and evidence, as attention begins to become focused upon Hillary and all the lefty criminals.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
1.1.23  1ofmany  replied to  Rex Block @1.1.19    7 years ago
And don't such forget the really, really important issues...like which bathroom a middle school transgender kid should use.

Democrats make a major issue out of it by trying to push people to accept boys in the girl’s bathroom and then complain that pushing back is trivial. That's funny.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
1.1.24  1ofmany  replied to  Explorerdog @1.1.16    7 years ago
What country do you live in that supports open borders.

The one that has state governments and democratic politicians who openly advocate giving drivers licenses to illegal aliens so that they can stay here and work when they shouldn’t be here in the first place.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
1.1.25  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Explorerdog @1.1.15    7 years ago

of course I will take that bet... easy money.

here are some of the past bets I have taken before trumps election.

*trump will run

*trump will file paperwork

*trump will win primary

*trump will win election

*the electoral college will not dump trump

*trump will be sworn in on inauguration day

**and when I said hillary sold our uranium to russia? they just laughed and laughed

guess what? they are not laughing now :)

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
1.1.26  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Raven Wing @1.1.12    7 years ago

you should probably stop listening to left wing news....  remember when they told you  *hillary by landslide*

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
1.1.27  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Raven Wing @1.1.4    7 years ago
Sounds like steve is not the only 'drama queen' here.

no worries, I am used to the leftwing BS  they do not surprise me one bit.

which is why, I made a fortune selling the liberals portable hug box's and safe spaces made from fair trade hemp :)

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.1.29  MrFrost  replied to  Rex Block @1.1.20    7 years ago

She said open borders for TRADE, not immigration. You are cherry picking...again.

Rex Block
Freshman Silent
1.1.33  Rex Block  replied to  MrFrost @1.1.29    7 years ago

No, she was indeed talking about immigrants, in addition to trade.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
1.1.34  Raven Wing  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @1.1.26    7 years ago

I don't listen to left wing or right wing news, as being non-politically affiliated I don't have the need to put political labels on what I hear or read. And since you don't know diddly squat about me personally, it is not fair for you to put political labels on me. 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
1.1.35  Raven Wing  replied to  Spikegary @1.1.21    7 years ago
The problem is, they keep regurgitating it and then eating it again.  Does anyone think that this level of infantile whining will win them elections down the road?

You mean like the Republicans did for 8 years while being unable to find an electable candidate for the Oval office? Or for the 8 years that Bill Clinton sat in the Oval office? And what about the endless diatribes by the Republicans to repeal and replace the Obamacare that they have yet to repeal or replace.

When pointing the acid finger at the other side, it would be best to first look at the poo on the finger being pointed. And that goes for both sides of the aisle. 

There were a number of good candidates who ran for the Oval office in the last election, but, they chose an idiot and blow hard who has no knowledge of what the job requires or how to work with world leaders unless it is to make money of of them. He even ignores the help of those who try to educate him for not only is own good but for that of the country, as he thinks only he knows how to run a country. The name he is making for the Republicans is not a good one, and they will be paying for it at the polls up stream. 

Just my own thoughts.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
1.1.36  Raven Wing  replied to    7 years ago
So honestly, way down deep inside, do you sincerely believe as if your life depended on it Trump can and will be impeached?

Yes. But, since my life does not depend on Trump but someone much higher up, I have no fear of my answer. 

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
1.1.37  Skrekk  replied to  Shepboy @1.1.31    7 years ago
Black turn out and them actually believing Obama's promises on getting them phones, paying their bills . This Girl in this video is an example of how duped they were

Apparently black folks aren't dumb enough to vote Republican.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
1.1.38  sixpick  replied to  Shepboy @1.1.31    7 years ago

Don't be fooled Shepboy, McCain was the designated fall guy in 2008.  Hell, he campaigned more for Obama than he did for himself.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
1.1.39  sixpick  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @1.1.1    7 years ago
Yep sit back and watch a 241 year old government be dismantled and a new government designed by one man replace it.... no big deal.

Did I miss something?  I didn't hear him say if Congress won't do it, I've got a phone and a pen.  That was the other guy.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
1.1.40  sixpick  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @1.1.2    7 years ago

Liberals are a curse on this country like the Oligarch pictured in this article.  Remember......

I guess he knew they were trying to steal the election and discredit him enough to have him removed from office.  The Democrat Party is a real danger to this country, not the everyday Democrat, but the leadership and MSM along with people like this POS pictured above in the article are a real danger to this country. 

sixpick
Professor Quiet
1.1.41  sixpick  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @1.1.11    7 years ago
it will be even longer than that before the left gets back to where it was the first day obama was elected.

And it seems just like yesterday when he was elected, but it was over 1,000 legislature seats, governors and presidents ago. LOL

sixpick
Professor Quiet
1.1.42  sixpick  replied to  Raven Wing @1.1.35    7 years ago
And what about the endless diatribes by the Republicans to repeal and replace the Obamacare that they have yet to repeal or replace.

I would have thought you would be happy about that Raven.  You see the Republicans aren't a collective bunch of comrades who act collectively as they would in say North Korean or the Democrat Party.  They are individuals who aren't instruments of the collective unlike the Democrats who fall right in line behind the comrade in front of them. LOL

sixpick
Professor Quiet
1.1.43  sixpick  replied to    7 years ago
Trump has done nothing impeachable

Very true.  If being a dick head most of the time were impeachable, then they'd have a case, but there is no evidence thus far being a nice guy gets you any credit, George Bush in point, but this guy below definitely did numerous things and should have been impeached.

Top 10 Ways Obama Violated The Constitution During His Presidency

The Obama administration has been the most lawless in U.S. history. Here are just a few examples to prove it.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
1.1.44  sixpick  replied to  MrFrost @1.1.29    7 years ago
She said open borders for TRADE, not immigration. You are cherry picking...again.

No, MrFrost.  You're referring to Hillary's 'Public' speech.  Remember Hillary has 'Public' and paid 'Private' speeches and according to emails from John Podesta it seems you didn't see or hear about her paid "Private" speech.

Will Hillary explain her dream of 'open borders'?

"My dream is a hemispheric common market, with open trade and open borders, sometime in the future with energy that's as green and sustainable as we can get it, powering growth and opportunity for every person in the hemisphere," Clinton reportedly said to investors in a paid speech she gave to Brazilian Banco Itau in 2013.

Link

http://media.breitbart.com/media/2016/08/Alex-Soros-Globalist-Politicians-Instagram-1.jpg

In case you're wondering who that common face is in every snapshot, it's Alex Soros, George Soros, the globalist son.  The others are just a bunch of traitors.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.1.45  MrFrost  replied to  Rex Block @1.1.33    7 years ago

No, she really wasn't, look up what she actually said, she said nothing about illegal immigration, she was talking about trade. Quit listening to the fake news right wing media that cherry picks. You know like, "what difference does it make" that has been bleated over and over again for the last 5 years? Read it in context and it suddenly doesn't mean what the fake news right wing media wants it to mean. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.1.46  MrFrost  replied to  sixpick @1.1.44    7 years ago
growth and opportunity for every person in the hemisphere

Again, that doesn't say, "illegal immigration", are you now opposed to legal immigration as well? You are ASSUMING that she meant illegal immigration because that's what the fake news right wing media WANTS you to think, but in reality....not at all what she said. Spin Spin Spin!!!! 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.1.47  MrFrost  replied to  XDm9mm @1.1.32    7 years ago
President Trump has already filed the requisite paperwork for a second presidential run in 2020.

Good deal, maybe two terms is what he will need to actually fill the thousands of empty positions that still remain unfilled. 

Sophomore Guide
1.1.49  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @1.1.2    7 years ago
secure borders, fair trade deals and a sovereign country are an easy sell

Words come cheep but we still do not have a secure border, or fair trade deals and we've always  had a sovereign country.

So really WTF has trump done but talk and cut back environmental regulations ? 

Mainly it seems he is just further dividing up the country so HE could gain more power. Unfortunately for the american people the more power trump consolidates the less power we the people have over our own country.

Great plan by our new dictator style president. Bad deaL for the average American. 

Sophomore Guide
1.1.50  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  sixpick @1.1.39    7 years ago
Did I miss something?  I didn't hear him say if Congress won't do it, I've got a phone and a pen.  That was the other guy.

Yeah Obama was up front and honest in what he was doing, unlike trump where we dont even know who he is meeting with because the log books for the white house are now off limits .

What bull shit !

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
1.1.51  1ofmany  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @1.1.50    7 years ago
Yeah Obama was up front and honest in what he was doing, unlike trump where we dont even know who he is meeting with because the log books for the white house are now off limits .

Yeah, like when Obama said he had the terrorists on the run as a re-election talking point. They were on the run all right. They were running AT  us on the anniversary of 911 and killed the American ambassador in Benghazi. Then he obfuscated the whole thing by having his stooge go on network television to say that it was a spontaneous attack growing out of a protest (never mentioning evidence to the contrary) while later arresting the alleged mastermind behind the attack (ignoring the fact that attacks cannot be both spontaneous and planned by masterminds). And don’t forget that the ambassador seemed to be in Benghazi to covertly run Libyan weapons and fighters into Syria to topple Assad without the knowledge or consent of congress. Then his moll, Hillary, ran all her official business through a private email account  AND  secret private servers for no other apparent purpose than to evade the freedom of information act and Congressional inquiries. Oh and then there’s Obama’s statement that an executive order on DACA would be unconstitutional and then later doing it anyway, asserting that it’s only temporary when he obviously never intended it to end. And on and on.

The Obama administration, up front and honest. laughing dude

Sophomore Guide
1.1.53  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  1ofmany @1.1.51    7 years ago
then there’s Obama’s statement that an executive order on DACA would be unconstitutional and then later doing it anyway

yep upfront and honest thanks for helping make my point. He said it was unconstitutional and he was honest about it, I doubt we'll ever see such honesty form the current bozo and chief. 

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
1.1.54  1ofmany  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @1.1.53    7 years ago
yep upfront and honest thanks for helping make my point. He said it was unconstitutional and he was honest about it, I doubt we'll ever see such honesty form the current bozo and chief.

Uh, no. He said it was unconstitutional but attempted to skirt it by saying that DACA was just temporary when he intended that it be permanent or indefinite. That’s called lying or, at the very least, deliberately misleading the public. Hardly an example of being up front and honest and, if it is, then Trump should be good to go.

Sophomore Guide
1.1.55  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  1ofmany @1.1.54    7 years ago
but attempted to skirt it by saying that DACA was just temporary

In reality because of it just being an executive order it was by nature Temporary. trump just proved Obama correct.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
1.1.56  1ofmany  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @1.1.55    7 years ago

but attempted to skirt it by saying that DACA was just temporary

In reality because of it just being an executive order it was by nature Temporary. trump just proved Obama correct.

Obama didn’t end DACA. He left it in place and urged Trump not to end it. The EO would stand as long as it’s not rescinded so Obama lied when he said that he intended it to be temporary. 

katlin02
Freshman Silent
1.1.57  katlin02  replied to  Spikegary @1.1.21    7 years ago
Does anyone think that this level of infantile whining will win them elections down the road?  Time to wake up, grow up and plan for the future, by reversing some of the decisions that brought them to the results of this past election.

they can whine all they want but the 8 yrs under obama and americans between california and new york have  certainly not benefitted under obama policies..dems have looked down upon the american worker with distain and condescension while arrogantly proclaiming they know what's best for us and our families, you all out there are just too stupid to realize it...the trump economy is picking up, worker ARE BETTER OFF NOW, dems can whine all they want, we are still suffering under obamacare and we do remember all the lies it was sold to us..

the lesson of the last 8 yrs under dems and obama ---it is the road to poverty and misery for millions while the  unprecedented corruption ran rampant and unchecked...

impeach--oh hell no--all i could do is laugh at that commercial and think steyer is part of the dem corruption machine--

Sophomore Guide
1.1.58  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  1ofmany @1.1.56    7 years ago

Sure Obama would have liked it to be permanent but once again BY its Nature of incarnation IT WAS Temporary.

As far as I know by their nature All executive orders are. Just because one president wants it one way doesn't mean the future presidents will.

That's one damn good realistic reason to not trust your government. One president may agree with something for a time and its OK then the next president may so NO way.  Executive orders are not law and even laws can be changed.  

The native Americans learned this shit the hard way, I dont need to.  I know my government can change its mind at any time. And I am but a pawn.

nightwalker
Sophomore Silent
1.1.60  nightwalker  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @1.1.26    7 years ago

Really? How 'bout when Romney was going to win in a land slide? That was what the ridicules right "polls" said wasn't it?

I wouldn't get too attached to trump and his cronies, despite what you and your friends want to think, there's always another election. Unless part of the agenda to destroy the Country involves electing trump dictator for life and I don't think you can pull that off at all at all.

ROFL So ride that curl, scream how "we won! we won!." As long as it lasts. It may end somewhat abruptly.

Capt. Cave Man
Freshman Silent
1.1.61  Capt. Cave Man  replied to  nightwalker @1.1.60    7 years ago
Really? How 'bout when Romney was going to win in a land slide? That was what the ridicules right "polls" said wasn't it?

LOL!! Back that shit up with a link to said polls!

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.1.62  MrFrost  replied to  XDm9mm @1.1.48    7 years ago

You mean our republican congress? 

sixpick
Professor Quiet
1.1.63  sixpick  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @1.1.50    7 years ago

'The Most Transparent Administration In History'

A campaign promise becomes a punchline.

On his first day in office, President Barack Obama pledged to run "the most transparent administration in history." As he prepares to move out of the White House, the phrase will probably be remembered as a sarcastic punchline.

It was hard not to snicker when one of the beleaguered White House press secretaries would stand in front of the journalist corps and claim that the executive branch was blazing new trails in openness. Despite some promising open data initiatives, the executive branch under Obama was, on the whole, more secretive than ever. Since 2009, press access to the White House has been notably restricted, whistleblower prosecutions have spiked, and Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuits against the federal government have reached an all-time high.

In 2013, the Committee to Protect Journalists published a scathing report, written by former Washington Post editor Leonard Downie Jr., on the Obama administration's obsession with controlling media coverage and burnishing its image, drawing comparisons to the pathological tendencies of one of the White House's previous occupants.

Link

The cited a 2011 report by the Center for Public Integrity that the visitor logs were missing the names of “thousands” of visitors to the White House including lobbyists, government employees, campaign donors, and friends of the first family. They also cited press reports that lobbyists “routinely had meetings just outside the White House at a nearby coffee shop to avoid being listed on logs.”

Trump officials said in a background statement that the Obama White House Counsel’s office “took sole custody of the log data from the Secret Service (which did not keep copies) before public release – making manipulation of the data entirely possible.”

They also said the Obama administration’s website “Open.WhiteHouse.gov” was duplicative, and that its contents will be incorporated on WhiteHouse.gov.

“This administration will not waste taxpayer dollars on duplicative sites,” the statement said. “The White House will not renew a contract for the site which will save taxpayers over $70,000 by 2020.”

You trusted Obama to tell you the truth?

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.1.65  sandy-2021492  replied to  Shepboy @1.1.31    7 years ago
This lady, Peggy Joseph, thinks Barack Obama will pay for her gas, mortgage, and who knows what else.

Except that's not actually what she said, is it?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1.66  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Raven Wing @1.1.12    7 years ago

If those idiots in the EC vote him in again, they had better move, wear disguises, and go totally off of the grid.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.1.67  Jasper2529  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1.66    7 years ago
If those idiots in the EC vote him in again, they had better move, wear disguises, and go totally off of the grid.

Were the Electoral College members "idiots" when they twice voted in Bill Clinton and Barack Obama or will they only be "idiots" because it will be Donald Trump?

sixpick
Professor Quiet
1.1.68  sixpick  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1.66    7 years ago

Sic em!!!!!!!!

Obama standing up pointing finger at Antifa Man final.jpg

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
1.1.69  1ofmany  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1.66    7 years ago

Rather than expect the EC to act contrary to the wishes of those they represent maybe Democrats should consider not nominating scoundrels and advocating lunacy.

Explorerdog
Freshman Silent
1.1.70  Explorerdog  replied to  1ofmany @1.1.69    7 years ago

Describes your guy to a "T"!

Explorerdog
Freshman Silent
1.1.71  Explorerdog  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @1.1.25    7 years ago

Too bad Hillary never sold a damn bit of uranium to anybody, talk about fake news. Show me an ounce of uranium in any form that crossed our borders.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
1.1.72  1ofmany  replied to  Explorerdog @1.1.70    7 years ago
Describes your guy to a "T"

You're barking up the wrong tree.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
1.2  1ofmany  replied to  Krishna @1    7 years ago
A Republican Congress once impeached a president for far less.

No they didn’t. They impeached Clinton for perjury and perjury is an actual crime. Displeasing Democrats is not a crime and, in fact, that’s exactly what Trump’s voters elected him to do. 

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
1.3  Spikegary  replied to  Krishna @1    7 years ago

What is the phrase?  High Crimes and Misdemeanors.  Clinton perjured himself-which is a crime, lost his law license because of his crime.

Can't impeach the President because he makes your butt hurt.  As much as it would make some happy, it just doesn't work that way

sixpick
Professor Quiet
1.3.1  sixpick  replied to  Spikegary @1.3    7 years ago

Can't impeach the President because he makes your butt hurt.  As much as it would make some happy, it just doesn't work that way.

To the Oligarchs it does.  And they are proving that is exactly what they are.  Can you imagine the remotest possibility of them getting away with it what it would do to this country?  Remember Hillary's words.  Peaceful transition of power is what keeps this country together.  Of course that is when she thought she had it in the bag. LOL

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
1.3.4  1ofmany  replied to  sixpick @1.3.1    7 years ago
Remember Hillary's words. Peaceful transition of power is what keeps this country together. Of course that is when she thought she had it in the bag. 

She should have practiced what she preached but she was so sure that she could beat a buffoon that her mind snapped when voters preferred the buffoon over her. 

Explorerdog
Freshman Silent
1.3.5  Explorerdog  replied to  XDm9mm @1.3.3    7 years ago

And trump said he would not concede no matter. What a guy!

Rex Block
Freshman Silent
1.4  Rex Block  replied to  Krishna @1    7 years ago

No high crimes or misdemeanors....this topic is just forum fodder to keep the liberal losers hopes up.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.4.1  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Rex Block @1.4    7 years ago

Hhmmmm, I wonder,

Explorerdog
Freshman Silent
1.4.2  Explorerdog  replied to  Rex Block @1.4    7 years ago

And I thought it was just an outlet for your childish taunts and name calling.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
1.7  sixpick  replied to  Krishna @1    7 years ago

A Republican Congress once impeached a president for far less

Far less than what, abiding by the Constitution?

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    7 years ago

The ads are running on broadcast stations in New York and California and nationally on cable television. Accompanying the TV ads is what a Steyer aide said is a seven-figure digital ad buy intended to get the minute-long spot a large audience online.

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
4  tomwcraig    7 years ago

And, once again we have the left’s constant “Impeach Trump Now” drumbeat being pushed yet again.  Can any of the left be taken seriously since they started calling for Trump’s impeachment IMMEDIATELY after he was declared the winner on November 9, 2016?  Can those disseminating these calls be taken seriously, since there has been no proof of any crime committed by Trump while Clinton was impeached for two major crimes that were poo-pooed by the left?  The idiot pushing these ads, and you can only call him an idiot as he is claiming that Trump has committed more crimes than Clinton, offers no proof only more accusations that are completely the opposite of the evidence (ie. Russian Collusion which keeps pointing towards Hillary and the DNC as being the collider with the Russians).

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
5  1ofmany    7 years ago

Trump cannot be impeached for anything other than a high crime or misdemeanor. Even then, Trump would have to be charged by a majority vote in the House of Representatives and convicted by two thirds of the Senate. Both houses are in the hands of the GOP and are likely to stay that way as long as the democrats turn off everybody else with a platform that advocates abortion on demand, sanctuary cities, amnesty for illegal aliens, gender bending etc. No matter how much money Tom Steyer spends or how many ads he airs, Trump will still be president. This ad is about as useful as getting a voodoo doll and sticking pins in it, hoping that Trump will keel over and die. 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
5.1  Raven Wing  replied to  1ofmany @5    7 years ago
Both houses are in the hands of the GOP

True, but, not all of them are in the hands of Trump. If the evidence was sufficient to cast an ugly view of the GOP, they would not hesitate to toss him out rather than lose their cushy positions. 

I am sure you are aware that in politics there is no such thing as true loyalty. It just goes with the territory. 

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
5.1.1  1ofmany  replied to  Raven Wing @5.1    7 years ago

Both houses are in the hands of the GOP

True, but, not all of them are in the hands of Trump. If the evidence was sufficient to cast an ugly view of the GOP, they would not hesitate to toss him out rather than lose their cushy positions.

In most cases, they were elected by republicans not democrats. If they want to keep their “cushy positions”, they will respect the wishes of their own voters. Most of their own voters wouldn’t support democrats in removing a republican president any faster than democrats lined up to support republicans in impeaching Obama over his executive overreach. It’s just not going to happen. But rich democrats are free to throw their money away on pointless ads like this.

I am sure you are aware that in politics there is no such thing as true loyalty. It just goes with the territory.

But there is party loyalty suffient to stop one side from impeaching the president elected by the other. I don’t recall any rush of democrats to impeach Clinton even though he was guilty of perjury. 

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
5.1.2  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  1ofmany @5.1.1    7 years ago
In most cases, they were elected by republicans not democrats. If they want to keep their “cushy positions”, they will respect the wishes of their own voters. Most of their own voters wouldn’t support democrats in removing a republican president any faster than democrats lined up to support republicans in impeaching Obama over his executive overreach. It’s just not going to happen. But rich democrats are free to throw their money away on pointless ads like this.

Ask Richard Nixon how this worked out for him, he thought the same thing and, was forced to resign rather than being impeached.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
5.1.3  1ofmany  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @5.1.2    7 years ago
Ask Richard Nixon how this worked out for him, he thought the same thing and, was forced to resign rather than being impeached.

I’ll ask Bill Clinton instead.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
5.1.4  Raven Wing  replied to  1ofmany @5.1.1    7 years ago

Then I guess we will have to wait and watch and see what happens in the days to come. But, the more people on the Republican side abandon him the easier it will be to avert such a move. It will not be the first time a President has been impeached. And if his actions taint the party as to threaten their own tenure, the more who will be willing to see him go. 

Just my opinion.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
5.2  Skrekk  replied to  1ofmany @5    7 years ago
Trump cannot be impeached for anything other than a high crime or misdemeanor.

A "high crime or misdemeanor" is essentially political malfeasance so it's up to the House to decide what constitutes that.   If the GOP feels like Trump is more a liability than a benefit they can impeach him on just about anything he's done to date.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
5.2.1  1ofmany  replied to  Skrekk @5.2    7 years ago

Trump cannot be impeached for anything other than a high crime or misdemeanor.

A "high crime or misdemeanor" is essentially political malfeasance so it's up to the House to decide what constitutes that. If the GOP feels like Trump is more a liability than a benefit they can impeach him on just about anything he's done to date.

It’s not political malfeasance nor is it mal-administration, the latter having been specifically rejected by the constitutional convention. The phrase “high crime and misdemeanor” was used to raise the bar of impeachment to an actual abuse of power rather than lower it to make it so vague that the legislature would have power over the president by threatening to remove him whenever they feel like it for any reason they choose. Only three presidents have ever faced impeachment and none have ever been removed. Trump’s actions to date are simply an exercise of executive power, not an abuse of it. And it really doesn’t matter what Democrats think because, as I said, they don’t control either house of Congress.

Plus, Democrats should be careful. Trying to lower the bar for impeachment will lower it for all presidents including any democrat that’s elected . . . that means a Republican Congress could throw the next Democratic President out whenever they felt like it. 

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
5.2.2  Skrekk  replied to  1ofmany @5.2.1    7 years ago

Sorry but it is what it is, not what you think it is.    The House itself decides what's an impeachable offense.    If this were a normal House rather than one controlled by T-baggers, Trump's blatant obstruction of justice would more than suffice.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
5.2.3  1ofmany  replied to  Skrekk @5.2.2    7 years ago
Sorry but it is what it is, not what you think it is. The House itself decides what's an impeachable offense. If this were a normal House rather than one controlled by T-baggers, Trump's blatant obstruction of justice would more than suffice.

No it’s not whatever the House thinks it is but it really doesn’t matter anyway because a Republican house won’t impeach a Republican President just like a democratic house won’t impeach a democratic president. This is all a complete waste of time.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
5.2.4  Skrekk  replied to  1ofmany @5.2.3    7 years ago
No it’s not whatever the House thinks it is

Of course it is.    The Clinton impeachment proved that.

but it really doesn’t matter anyway because a Republican house won’t impeach a Republican President just like a democratic house won’t impeach a democratic president.

All it takes is enough ethical Republicans added to the Dems, but I agree that the vast majority of the GOP isn't concerned about the welfare of the US.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
5.2.5  1ofmany  replied to  Skrekk @5.2.4    7 years ago
All it takes is enough ethical Republicans added to the Dems, but I agree that the vast majority of the GOP isn't concerned about the welfare of the US.

If Democrats had ethics they wouldn’t have nominated Hillary’s lying ass for President. Right now, the Republican base thinks the welfare of the country is best served by keeping democratic loons and RINOs out of office. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7  Sparty On    7 years ago

Oh that would be good.

A hedge fund manager as POTUS.

God help us all if that happens.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
8  Jasper2529    7 years ago

This is one of the most hilarious commercials I've ever seen. Ha ha ha ha ha! applause

Jonathan P
Sophomore Silent
9  Jonathan P    7 years ago

I watched an interesting interview yesterday on CNBC. It was with Bob Corker, the Republican Senator who is not seeking re-election, who has taken to publicly sparring with the President.

The discussion centered mostly around the current tax negotiations, but of course came around to the hostilities between him and Trump. When asked about those parries, he admitted that they were distractions, and would not impact the voting on the new legislation. Now I'm inclined to believe him, and if so, I also am inclined to believe that most of these distractions are just that. The person affected the most by these distractions is the actual perpetrator of these acts - Trump himself. I understand the media's propensity to highlight them, as opposed to the mundane business of running the government. Although they do hamstring many processes, they do not cancel or eliminate them. Things are getting done, the economy is improving and government continues to run.

We have a choice to ignore most of this, or to allow it to consume our time, to the detriment of understanding what's going on with the daily business of government. This doesn't sell papers, so the media's not going to help you. You have to help yourself. Is the President helpful to this situation? Absolutely not. It's un-Presidential, bordering on buffoonery. Do I wish he'd stop? Yes.

Does he deserve to be impeached? No. There's nothing to warrant that at this point.

Nothing.

P.S. I know this assumption will come, if you choose to respond:

No, I did not vote for Trump for President.

Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו
Junior Participates
9.1  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Jonathan P @9    7 years ago

Things are getting done, the economy is improving and government continues to run.

It's beyond hilarious that you and your sort try to suggest this just started happening 9 months ago when it's been steadily moving up since 2010.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
10  Dismayed Patriot    7 years ago

Right now those who have ridiculed higher education, laughed at science and poked fun at progress are having their day. They couldn't be happier that the King of Morons is occupying the white house because they can relate with someone who talks out of their ass just like they do without any factual knowledge. They like having someone who just punches problems in the face instead of getting educated about the issues and comes up with well thought out strategies, that's far too much work for these lazy bigots. But they will all get what's coming to them and it won't be pretty. We've had these moments before in history, when the loud mouthed racists stood on their soap boxes, but they all eventually get exposed for being complete morons with nothing to actually offer America. Trump has one of the lowest approval ratings of any President in history but he has a very vocal 35% who want to stomp around like the half wit bully on the playground thinking they are so powerful because they can punch the "A" student in the face, but eventually the report card comes home and they get beat black and blue by their angry parents for the failures they really are. This coming election cycle in 2018 will be that beating, the report car will be in showing Trump an abject failure at everything he's attempted, as all he can do is tear down without ever building anything up and the majority will reject the party that has stayed silent as we all watched him stomp around beating up the smarter kids. And real Americans will rejoice while the half wits and racists run and hide in their holes and hollars again. Progress will continue regardless of the current trend, because facts, science and reality will not stay buried as the poorly educated wish. Automation will continue to take over any hope of manufacturing jobs coming back so if people want jobs they're going to have to get retrained for the jobs of the future. Coal is never coming back as a major source of energy, no one is seriously investing in it because it's dirty and expensive. The rust belt will either get with the new century or completely dissolve, getting emptier and emptier. We will stand up to the dictators from foreign adversaries instead of bending over and capitulating as Trump has done for his puppet master Putin who got his revenge in this last election for the fall of the soviet union.

Watch  to learn how and why Russia got Trump elected and why Putin is smiling and laughing right now at our expense.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
13  MrFrost    7 years ago

Bill Clinton was impeached for lying about a blowjob.. But the cons think trump can't be impeached for obstruction of justice? LMAO!!!! Ok, keep telling yourselves that. 

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
13.1  1ofmany  replied to  MrFrost @13    7 years ago
Bill Clinton was impeached for lying about a blowjob.. But the cons think trump can't be impeached for obstruction of justice? LMAO!!!! Ok, keep telling yourselves that.

Bill Clinton was impeached for perjury. Perjury is a high crime and misdemeanor subject to impeachment and a Republican Congress chose to impeach a democratic president over it. It really doesn’t matter that Democrats think it’s OK for the President to turn the Oval Office into the oral office and then lie about it under oath.  

The obstruction of justice charge against Trump is based on democratic wishful thinking or fantasy, much like their gender bending nonsense. A Republican Congress will not impeach a Republican President, no matter what Democrats want, and democrats will not regain control of congress to do it themselves as long as they’re batshit crazy. 

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
13.1.1  Skrekk  replied to  1ofmany @13.1    7 years ago
Bill Clinton was impeached for perjury.

Sort of.......the House charges were perjury and obstruction of justice, but both were false charges.   While he did "lie" on the stand about an issue not relevant to the case, that's not perjury and the court noted that fact.    Plus he had the balls to use the very definition of "sex" which the attorneys for Paul Jones had invented (in illegal collusion with Ken Starr) and which the court had instructed him to use.......a definition which did not include a blow job.     And Clinton had zero obligation to correct the mistake made by the opposition attorneys.

In any event the majority in the GOP-controlled Senate concluded that neither charge against Clinton had merit.    They never came remotely close to the 67 votes needed for conviction but they came somewhat closer on the obstruction of justice charge than on the perjury charge.

Perjury is a high crime and misdemeanor subject to impeachment  

Apart from treason and bribery there's no specific definition of what constitutes a "high crime" or a "high misdemeanor", but "high crime" is presumed to be either an ordinary crime which seriously undermines an office of public trust or a crime which can only practically be committed by a person holding that high office.   A "high misdemeanor" would be an official but non-criminal act which is so odious that it undermines that office in such a way that the House decides it warrants removal from office.

Account Deleted
Freshman Silent
14  Account Deleted    7 years ago

While not very exciting, the proper approach is to slowly work up the food chain to Pence. This needs to be timed to January 2019 when Democrats regain the House and Senate.

Impeach Pence and refuse to confirm any vice president candidate appointed by Trump.

The position is then vacant. (Kinda like filling Supreme Court positions...)

THEN, impeach Trump, and fill the position with the Speaker of the House - a Democrat.

Heck - impeachment might not even be necessary if they can get one of his kids for state crimes he can't pardon.

A deal could be made.

Patience if far better than a President Pence.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
14.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Account Deleted @14    7 years ago

Sounds good.  Now your only problem is the impeachable offense?  Can't use your tantrum inducing loss last November or that you are all triggered over something he SAID.  It has to be a legitimate offense, like we are seeing come to light about the Obama administration and the bribery and Russia connections.  Aren't you all glad this investigation into the President is still going?

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
14.2.1  magnoliaave  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @14.2    7 years ago

I don't know.....having my first joint...check with me later.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
14.2.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  magnoliaave @14.2.1    7 years ago

I'll pass.  Still have drug tests at my job.

nightwalker
Sophomore Silent
14.2.4  nightwalker  replied to  Release The Kraken @14.2.3    7 years ago

Just curious. How many jobs have you gone through with that method of defense? Laugh