╌>

Trump Returning to US with Over $250 Billion in Deals, China Announces ‘This Is Truly A Miracle’

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  96ws6  •  7 years ago  •  24 comments

Trump Returning to US with Over $250 Billion in Deals, China Announces ‘This Is Truly A Miracle’

President Donald Trump announced Thursday roughly $250 billion in deals between American businesses and China.

On his final day in Beijing, Trump and China’s President Xi Jinping oversaw a ceremony in which corporate giants such as Boeing and Qualcomm signed multibillion-dollar deals.

“This is truly a miracle ,” China’s Commerce Minister Zhong Shan said at a news briefing in Beijing.

Trump said Thursday he was looking forward to a change in the U.S.-China relationship.

“Discussing trade … knowing that the United States really has to change its policies because they’ve gotten so far behind on trade with China and frankly with many other countries,” he said. ]

“And I have great respect for you with that because you’re representing China. But it’s too bad that past administrations allowed it to get so far out of kilter . But we’ll make it fair and it’ll be tremendous to both of us.”

Trump went out of his way to avoid alienating his host.

“Both the United States and China will have a more prosperous future if we can achieve a level economic playing field. Right now, unfortunately, it is a very one-sided and unfair one. But — but I don’t blame China,” he said.

“After all, who can blame a country for being able to take advantage of another country for the benefit of its citizens? I give China great credit ,” he said.

Trump did not cite former President Barack Obama by name, but he had him in mind.

“But, in actuality, I do blame past administrations for allowing this out-of-control trade deficit to take place and to grow. We have to fix this because it just doesn’t work for our great American companies, and it doesn’t work for our great American workers. It is just not sustainable. I look forward to working toward that goal and to pursuing fair and lasting engagement,” he said.

Trump pointed out that business connections can help create a more peaceful world.

“The contributions of the business community represented here today are vital to our efforts to ensure peace and prosperity for our two nations. Together, we can unlock a future of opportunity, wealth, and dignity far beyond anybody’s wildest dreams,” he said.

China could invest more than $100 billion into two U.S. energy projects, CNN reported.

The China Energy Investment Corp. agreed to a 20-year $83.7 billion investment in shale gas developments and chemical manufacturing projects in West Virginia.

“The massive size of this energy undertaking and level of collaboration between our two countries is unprecedented,” West Virginia Secretary of Commerce H. Wood Thrasher said in a statement, according to Reuters .

China Petroleum & Chemical Corp. and the Alaskan government will work together to develop the state’s liquified natural gas industry in a $43 billion project that Alaska says will create up to 12,000 jobs.

Qualcomm signed agreements worth $12 billion with Xiaomi, OPPO, and Vivo, three Chinese handset makers.

Boeing will sell 300 Boeing jets to state-run China Aviation Suppliers in $37 billion deal.

Some said the deals offer a place to start a new trade relationship between the two nations.

“Generally, the sense was that this is all a good thing and that’s great,” said Gentry Sayad, a Shanghai-based lawyer who attended the trade delegation event in Beijing. “Now let’s see what really happens and whether or not the agreements signed during this trip can become a basis for a better bilateral trade relationship going forward.”

https://www.westernjournal.com/trump-returning-to-us-with-over-250-billion-in-deals-china-announces-this-is-truly-a-miracle/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=ConservativeTribune&utm_content=2017-11-09&utm_campaign=manualpost

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

96WS6
Junior Quiet
1  seeder  96WS6    7 years ago

Well one thing is for certain.  Seeing as BO was the worst negotiator ever to take the oval office, It won't be hard for Trump to get a better deal on everything BO negotiated.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
1.1  sixpick  replied to  96WS6 @1    7 years ago

Yea, I saw this on the front page of the New York Times and The Washington Post.  Naw, just kidding!

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
1.1.1  Colour Me Free  replied to  sixpick @1.1    7 years ago

: )

96WS6
Junior Quiet
1.1.2  seeder  96WS6  replied to  sixpick @1.1    7 years ago

IKR?  You would think this would be front page news.  It certainly would be if it was BO.

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
1.1.3  Studiusbagus  replied to  96WS6 @1.1.2    7 years ago

Funny part is....I was listening to the radio and they made it clear it wasn't 250 Million...it was 250 Thousand, I don't know about the corporate deals being that much. I know the Boeing deal was already in the works well over a year ago.

He's coming back with a 250,000 agreement to settle a trade dispute.

Hmmm, must be one of those Tea Party accountants. 10 people show up and they show stock footage of a crowd from a different meet and a different season.

96WS6
Junior Quiet
1.1.4  seeder  96WS6  replied to  sixpick @1.1    7 years ago

...And now I know why.... this keeps sliding right off the FP evidently no one wants to hear or say anything positive about the guy.  You are liable to be labeled a racist.  Sad.   The silencing techniques of the left continue...

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
1.1.5  Studiusbagus  replied to  96WS6 @1.1.4    7 years ago
The silencing techniques of the left continue...

Really? Because you're not attracting Lefties now it's a conspiracy?

How much victim is enough?

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
1.1.6  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Studiusbagus @1.1.3    7 years ago

It was probably a deal for China to provide 50,000 ten year olds for one year of labor on Ivanka's shoe line.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @1.1.6    7 years ago

link?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.8  Sparty On  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @1.1.6    7 years ago

Hey, i hear they make bank there compared to the state owned Chinese "finger trap" factory.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
1.1.9  Colour Me Free  replied to  Studiusbagus @1.1.3    7 years ago
I know the Boeing deal was already in the works well over a year ago.

Yes, actually first announced in September of 2015 .. and then again in 2016 - perhaps now, after being reiterated in 2017, things will finally move past the planning stages...

96WS6
Junior Quiet
1.1.10  seeder  96WS6  replied to  Studiusbagus @1.1.3    7 years ago

CNN disagrees with you but funny how difficult it is to find news on this isn't it?

96WS6
Junior Quiet
1.1.11  seeder  96WS6  replied to  Studiusbagus @1.1.5    7 years ago

So you think if BO did the same it wouldn't have been all over the front page?   The only reason BO's trip wasn't FP news is because it was a FAILURE and the MSM always had the losers back.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
1.1.12  Spikegary  replied to  Studiusbagus @1.1.3    7 years ago

yes, because you heard someone say something you liked, you were able to extrapolate it out to what you wanted it to say.  No on in this administration can do anything right, because......it's this administration.  Sad the depths that some have sunk to.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.13  Dulay  replied to  96WS6 @1.1.10    7 years ago
CNN disagrees with you but funny how difficult it is to find news on this isn't it?

CNN disagrees with you.

Let's look at your CNN link [which I brought up in my first comment BTW] shall we?

About the 'deals':

And a significant number of the deals were non-binding, meaning they could change or fall apart before the final version is signed.

So the announcement of a 'deal' is premature AMIRITE?

The Boeing 37 B part:

Boeing (BA) announced it's selling $37 billion worth of airliners to China. It's unclear how many of the orders are new.
"We're treating these numbers with caution," said Greg Waldron, Asia managing editor at research provider FlightGlobal. 

As for it being difficult to find news on this, CNN had something to say about that too:

The company [Boeing] didn't immediately respond to a request for more information.

I presume you have all the news you need about the prior 'deal' made by Obama which was for MORE. 

A similar $38 billion deal was announced in 2015 when Xi visited Boeing's largest factory in Washington state.

Now I'm sure that you and yours would prefer to refuse to give Obama any credit for the 2015 'deal' but after giving Trump credit for the 2017 'deal' that would be bad form don't you think? 

Oh and how about you address my point about the energy 'deals'.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.14  Dulay  replied to  96WS6 @1.1.11    7 years ago

I thought that you and yours viewed the WAPO as 'Fake News'. I guess that's just for their reporting on Moore. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.2  XXJefferson51  replied to  96WS6 @1    7 years ago

This is indeed positive news.  

Dulay
Professor Expert
2  Dulay    7 years ago

I found this pretty ironic from the CNN article linked in the seed:

Both agreements are part of China's strategy to cut its dependency on polluting coal and pivot to relatively cleaner forms of energy. It already imports natural gas from countries including Qatar.

So Trump's 'strategy' is the fantasy of 'Clean Coal' and the Chinese are 'investing' [buying up] big chunks of our shale and liquefied gas reserves... 

By the way, anyone besides me notice how little of the 250 million is actually contracted? 

Being an Indiana resident who is still paying for the 7 million dollar payout to Carrier that netted almost NO jobs, pardon me if I doubt Trump's 'negotiating' skills. 

96WS6
Junior Quiet
2.1  seeder  96WS6  replied to  Dulay @2    7 years ago
Sad part is, You still have to admit the Carrier deal is still better than Solyndra don't you?

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
2.1.1  Spikegary  replied to  96WS6 @2.1    7 years ago

I'll give you a + for that, since your friends on the left have lost their voice

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.1.2  Dulay  replied to  96WS6 @2.1    7 years ago

Actually, NO I don't. Do you have a cost per state on the Solyndra deal so I can evaluate the cost to me as an Indiana tax payer? 

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.1.3  Dulay  replied to  Spikegary @2.1.1    7 years ago
I'll give you a + for that, since your friends on the left have lost their voice

If you mean me, I had to go to rehab and then Christmas shop for the 3 families of kids that I buy presents for every year though a local charity. I will do my best in the future to reply in a more timely manner...

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
2.2  Spikegary  replied to  Dulay @2    7 years ago

You're paying that yourself, are you?  How many people in Indiana and you got stuck with the bill?  They must really have it in for you.

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.1  Dulay  replied to  Spikegary @2.2    7 years ago
You're paying that yourself, are you? 

You and yours claim to be paying for abortions, food stamps, and health care subsidies so why shouldn't I be able to claim that I'm paying for Carriers tax break? 

How many people in Indiana and you got stuck with the bill? 

All of us. 

They must really have it in for you.

If by they you mean Pence and Trump, yep, the made the deal and walked away...screwing every Indiana taxpayer.