╌>

Breitbart Breathlessly Discovers That Reporters Urged Moore Accuser To Come Forward

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  johnrussell  •  7 years ago  •  192 comments

Breitbart Breathlessly Discovers That Reporters Urged Moore Accuser To Come Forward

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2017/11/12/exclusive-mother-roy-moore-accuser-washington-post-reporters-convinced-daughter-go-public/

EXCLUSIVE – Mother of Roy Moore Accuser: Washington Post Reporters Convinced My Daughter to Go Public

Birmingham, ALABAMA — The mother of Leigh Corfman, who says that Alabama Senatorial Candidate Roy Moore tried to engage in a sexual encounter with her when she was 14, told Breitbart News that the Washington Post worked to convince her daughter to give an interview about the allegations against Moore.

Speaking by phone to Breitbart News on Saturday, Corfman’s mother, Nancy Wells, 71, further stated that her daughter would not have come forward if it weren’t for The Post reporter’s alleged actions.

Corfman went public with her accusations against Moore in a Washington Post interview published last week in which she alleged that Moore attempted to initiate sexual contact with her in 1979 when she was 14. Three other women between the ages of 16 and 18 claim that when Moore was in his 30s, he attempted to court them or that he dated them.  The current age of consent in Alabama is 16.

Moore has strongly denied the accusations. He has questioned the timing of The Post ’s story, which was dropped mere weeks before the December 12 election.

Corfman’s mother, Wells, told Breitbart News that reporters for the Washington Post convinced her daughter to give them an interview.

“She did not go to them,” said Wells. “They called her.”

“They tried to convince her to do it?” this reporter asked.

“Yes,” replied Wells, matter-of-factly.

Wells was asked about Corfman’s motivations for going public. “It wasn’t done for politics, you know,” Wells replied.  “It was done for personal reasons. And it wouldn’t have been done if the reporters hadn’t contacted my daughter.”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    7 years ago

In the Academy Award winning movie Spotlight, we learn that reporters from the Boston Globe had to convince victims of the Catholic priest child sex abuse to come forward.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with a reporter CONVINCING a victim to make their story public. It happens all the time in controversial cases.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1    7 years ago
There is absolutely nothing wrong with a reporter CONVINCING a victim to make their story public.

Lol, No nothing wrong with it especially after you've endorsed the other candidate. I never thought I'd see you seed anything from Breitbart...Does that mean it's ok to use their articles now? BTW the Post sort of admitted to what they did. Even if neither publication reported it, I would have assumed that is exactly how it went down.

Thanks for the article

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1    7 years ago

Like I said, there is nothing wrong or unethical about a reporter convincing a witness to come forward. I guess that makes Breitbart a bunch of idiots , again.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.1    7 years ago

The Post has lost all credibility. In this case releasing the story after Moore got nominated and a month before the election is highly unethical - especially after the Post encouraged the women to come forward.

This is kind of related. I was listening to Aly Raisman Sunday night on "60 Minutes".  She made a very interesting statement. She said that it was only after she heard other women charge the team doctor with various sexual misconduct, that she thought back and realized, ya that happened to her too. I'm still not sure what she meant. Wasn't she sure?

Anyone know what she meant?

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.3  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.2    7 years ago
This is kind of related.

Actually, it's only 'kind of related' if you listen to what Moore said to Hannity. He wasn't sure and couldn't remember about a whole hell of a lot. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.1.3    7 years ago
Actually, it's only 'kind of related'

"Kind of" means "kind of" 

As for what Moore told Hannity - he neither confirmed nor denied what the women are charging him with. "Kind of" makes you want to believe the women. That still leaves my question about Aly Raisman. That question is valid for all.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.1.5  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1    7 years ago

Skirting the CoC [ph]

Factual Reporting: MIXED

Notes: Breitbart News Network is a politically conservative American news and opinion website founded in 2007 by conservative commentator and entrepreneur Andrew Breitbart (1969–2012). It also has a daily radio program, Breitbart News Daily. The content ranges from extreme right wing bias to conspiracy to racism (“Then you see President Barack Hussein Obama waving the line-cutters forward. He’s on their side. In fact, isn’t he a line-cutter too? How did this fatherless black guy pay for Harvard?”). Breitbart has been accused of publishing fake news for the purpose of a political agenda. (7/18/2016)
Update: As of 8/17/16 Stephen Bannon, the executive chairman of Breitbart News LLC, will become Donald Trumps campaign’s chief executive. This move ensures that Breitbart will become the official media outlet and propaganda wing for Donald Trump’s Presidential bid.
Update: After the election 2016 Stephen Bannon was named Adviser to President-Elect Donald Trump.
Update: 4/25/17 Breitbart has been denied Senate Press Credentials.
Update: 8/18/2017 Ousted White House adviser Steve Bannon returns as executive chairman of Breitbart News
Source:

Thank you for voting!
Extreme Right
71.22% (8,220 votes)

Right
11.8% (1,362 votes)

Right-Center
5.76% (665 votes)

Least biased
4.85% (560 votes)

Extreme Left
3.92% (453 votes)

Left-Center
1.48% (171 votes)

Left
0.96% (111 votes)

Total Votes: 11,542

lib50
Professor Silent
1.1.6  lib50  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.2    7 years ago
she heard other women charge the team doctor with various sexual misconduct, that she thought back and realized, ya that happened to her too. I'm still not sure what she meant. Wasn't she sure?

I'll give my thoughts.  Back in the day men who made girls uncomfortable weren't called out.  The girls were told 'oh, he's just teasing' or something along those lines.  Get older and you start getting leers and unwanted attention that gets more sexual. And it goes on for quite a while.  These are all different people, not just one.  In the evangelical world, young girls are also groomed to obey and get blamed for everything.  Very interesting article by a woman who lived in that world growing up in the LA Times the other day about how Moore's actions are totally in line with those beliefs.  So getting back to the accuser, you have to go back to a couple of months ago when Weinstein broke, and the dam immediately burst in all parts of life as women decided enough was enough.  And it brings back memories to us older women.  It is pretty cut and dried, and it most certainly is bigger than Roy Moore, so trying to make this about politics is disingenuous.  Not to say there aren't people waiting to take advantage, but that too happens in all walks of life, with all the guys currently in deep shit.  Almost all women know.  Even if some don't want to.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.7  Vic Eldred  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.1.5    7 years ago

But I didn't post it - John Russel posted it!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.8  Vic Eldred  replied to  lib50 @1.1.6    7 years ago

I wish you could have been more explicit but Ok. 
I always thought if someone sexually molested someone, they'd be so traumatized, the victim would know it - no uncertainty about what happened.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
1.1.9  1ofmany  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.2    7 years ago
She made a very interesting statement. She said that it was only after she heard other women charge the team doctor with various sexual misconduct, that she thought back and realized, ya that happened to her too. I'm still not sure what she meant. Wasn't she sure?

It means I didn’t give a shit about it until I heard that you did so now let’s all be upset about it together. Herd mentality. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.10  Vic Eldred  replied to  1ofmany @1.1.9    7 years ago

Plausible.

Just wondering why women would wait so long or in her case, she wasn't sure what happened to her. I thought it odd

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
1.1.11  magnoliaave  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.8    7 years ago

I would think so, also. 

OMG, my life has been ruined for 4o years.  Isn't that ridiculous?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.12  Vic Eldred  replied to  magnoliaave @1.1.11    7 years ago

I would think so...I suppose it would help if some reporter from the Washington Post helped them relive it. I always want women to speak up, but I just don't get the silence for all those years and then making allegations on the verge of an election that could leave the US Senate one vote away from having Chuck Schumer as Majority leader.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
1.1.13  magnoliaave  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.10    7 years ago

Another liberal thing.  Like the "metoo march".   Give me a break!  They have no individuality.  Metoo, metoo, metoo!  I chose my stand when it happened to me.  I didn't need others.  The SOB got what he deserved.  I didn't need substantiation to know he was wrong.  There were no bands playing, no marches, no media coverage....just plain o justice. 

lib50
Professor Silent
1.1.14  lib50  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.8    7 years ago

This can be a learning moment for you then.   Because it makes perfect sense to me.  Its brought up all kinds of things that happened in the past I hadn't thought about in years.  I'm afraid a lot of men don't understand yet, but this won't be going away,  so the sooner they do get it the better for everyone, including them. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.15  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.4    7 years ago
As for what Moore told Hannity - he neither confirmed nor denied what the women are charging him with.

If you listen to the Hannity 'interview' it took him two segments to 'lead' Moore into making even a partial denial. He worded his answers VERY carefully and when he made his denial in a speech, he used the term 'sexual misconduct'. Anyone who has read the pertinent statutes from Alabama will recognize why he used that term. 

"Kind of" makes you want to believe the women. That still leaves my question about Aly Raisman. That question is valid for all.

I don't WANT to 'believe the women', their testimony MADE me believe them. Today's news conference and two other stories that I read online written by his co-workers MADE me believe the women. 

What makes you WANT to believe Roy Moore?

That still leaves my question about Aly Raisman. That question is valid for all.

Your question about Aly Raisman is merely a deflection, off topic and therefore irrelevant. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.16  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.2    7 years ago
Aly Raisman

Oh and BTFW, if THAT is ALL you got from that interview, I'm not surprised that you fail to believe any women about abuse. 

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
1.1.17  1ofmany  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.10    7 years ago
Just wondering why women would wait so long or in her case, she wasn't sure what happened to her. I thought it odd

Some women lack backbone and need the safety of others to do anything. My wife isn’t one of them. When she was a teenager, a man broke into her house while her parents were out. She was on the phone with her boyfriend at the time so she put the phone down when she heard a noise and went to investigate.

The man tried to rape her, her boyfriend could hear her screaming over the phone, so he rushed over to her house (maybe 10-15 minutes away). She’s much stronger than she looks. She put up such a struggle that the man was having trouble overpowering her and she was still fighting him when her boyfriend arrived. The guy ran off. Yes, it bothers her to this day and she’s afraid to be in the house alone unless she has all the lights on, an ADT, and my video camera system. She’s just careful, not blubbering about it for 40 years. 

lib50
Professor Silent
1.1.18  lib50  replied to  magnoliaave @1.1.13    7 years ago

That's not why this is happening.  It's not for any glory, its to stop something that's been going on forever.  No need to diminish the claims of women (including republican voter for Trump).  Many people knew about Moore, by the way, this isn't something coming out of thin air.  And the reason all this is happening is because the dam has burst. After Weinstein the chips have fallen.  Why would you defend this guy, why would you not believe the women?  Read their story, especially the one that just came forward.  And read about some of Moore's creepy behavior towards teen girls. 

lib50
Professor Silent
1.1.19  lib50  replied to  1ofmany @1.1.17    7 years ago

You really don't get it do you?  This isn't even about a break in attempted rape.  Good for your daughter, she was lucky.  Others try the same and aren't so lucky.  Meantime young girls are continually exposed to creeps who embarrass and harass them.  Its not always touching either, it comes in all forms, verbal, hissing, weird noises.  I'm nothing special in the looks department and dealt with it a lot.  Toughed it out - happened here, happened in Europe, its a worldwide thing.  But ignorance isn't an excuse.  You think you know, but your comments show you don't.  Its laughable to think YOU think if women just told on the perp it would be taken care of fairly.

Sexual harassment — whether reported or unreported — can damage women’s careers by diminishing their confidence and enthusiasm. But unlike Ms Wang, women typically keep quiet, due to fears about not being believed, retaliation and harm to their careers. Others are legally bound to silence by non-disclosure agreements.

Gretchen Carlson, a former anchor for Fox News, who in 2016 accused the TV network’s then chairman Roger Ailes of sexual harassment, notes: “Women are still labelled troublemakers and worse. They aren’t believed.” Ms Carlson, whose book Be Fierce: Stop Harassment and Take Your Power Back was published this month, adds that women “have everything to lose in taking the risk to come forward”.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.1.20  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.7    7 years ago

It was your comment to the article that made me put that up, I was trying to inform you that Breitbart isn't that honest in reporting, most of it is fake news.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
1.1.21  1ofmany  replied to  lib50 @1.1.19    7 years ago
You really don't get it do you? This isn't even about a break in attempted rape. Good for your daughter, she was lucky. Others try the same and aren't so lucky.

You don’t get it. On the one hand, women claim to be a match for men (in every job and activity up to and including an MMA fight) and on the other, they are so weak that they can’t get out the passenger door of a car to avoid groping and then cry about the incident for 40 years. Either you’re a match for a man or you aren’t. Pick one. If women are a match for a man, then match him and get out the car or admit that women aren’t the match they claim to be 

Meantime young girls are continually exposed to creeps who embarrass and harass them. Its not always touching either, it comes in all forms, verbal, hissing, weird noises. I'm nothing special in the looks department and dealt with it a lot. Toughed it out - happened here, happened in Europe, its a worldwide thing.

Big damn deal. Walk with a man and I doubt you’d get the same reaction or walk by yourself and “tough out” being “admired” by rifraff. If they were screaming “get that ugly bitch off the street”, then you’d have something to really complain about. Lol. My wife has dealt with catcalls all her life and thinks nothing of it whether she’s here or in Europe or elsewhere. Grow a thicker skin.

But ignorance isn't an excuse. You think you know, but your comments show you don't. Its laughable to think YOU think if women just told on the perp it would be taken care of fairly.

If nothing would be done about it, then what’s the point of waiting 40 years to say it?

Sexual harassment — whether reported or unreported — can damage women’s careers by diminishing their confidence and enthusiasm. 

False charges brought 40 years after the fact can be equally damaging because it deprives a person of a meaningful defense. If you say too bad because he deserves it, then I say too bad for her because she she should have said something sooner.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
1.1.22  magnoliaave  replied to  lib50 @1.1.18    7 years ago

Has he been proven guilty?

I have never followed a lynch crowd in my life and I won't start now. 

Just like I told a close friend of mine the other day at lunch.  She said, oh, yes, it's true.  I said, is there any proof?  She said, No, but some people really are saying this.  I said, then, it is all gossip and I don't want any part of it.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
1.1.23  1ofmany  replied to  lib50 @1.1.18    7 years ago
That's not why this is happening. It's not for any glory, its to stop something that's been going on forever.

It could have come out at any time in 40 years but it’s coming out now for the express purpose of damaging Moore’s campaign. The Post started it to benefit it’s candidate, Jones, and then waited to see if there'd be a pile on. It’s ridiculously late to bring these kinds of allegations but each one should be examined (if you want to take them seriously) not just lump them all together to say they must all be true because there’s more than one of them.

Mags asked about the claim that the girl said she arranged her rendezvous with Moore from her bedroom but her mother said she had no phone in there. 

The most recent accuser says Moore assaulted her in his car while she was waiting for her boyfriend. What does the boyfriend say?  

Another said Moore tried to date her as a teenager. So what? if she’s above the age of consent, then either go out with him or decline.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
1.1.24  1ofmany  replied to  magnoliaave @1.1.22    7 years ago
Just like I told a close friend of mine the other day at lunch. She said, oh, yes, it's true. I said, is there any proof? She said, No, but some people really are saying this. I said, then, it is all gossip and I don't want any part of it.

Bingo!! 

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
1.1.25  magnoliaave  replied to  1ofmany @1.1.23    7 years ago

Moore knows the girl is waiting for her boyfriend and assaults her?  Unbelievable!  So, Moore, is not even concerned about the boyfriend showing up during the assault?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.26  Trout Giggles  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.8    7 years ago

A victim is not always so readily recognizable. A little girl can be molested and not even realize she's being molested, but that doesn't mean it fucks her up for life

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.1.27  Jasper2529  replied to  lib50 @1.1.18    7 years ago
the claims of women (including republican voter for Trump

We have only Corfman's claim that she voted for Trump. When I see legitimate verification of her voting record, I'll believe her on this point.

On the other hand, we know that Debbie Wesson Gibson has had deep ties to the DNC and Joe Biden as well as campaigning for/donating to Obama and Hillary Clinton. She is also a Doug Jones supporter. Here's an article that shows her political bent on her now-defunct Facebook page:

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.28  Trout Giggles  replied to  1ofmany @1.1.21    7 years ago
Big damn deal. Walk with a man and I doubt you’d get the same reaction or walk by yourself and “tough out” being “admired” by rifraff.

So....I should bringing my husband with me every where I go because then I won't be leered at or have suggestive comments tossed my way? Won't have men touching me?

I don't live in Saudi Arabia and neither do you. Men need to learn that it's not ok to treat women any way they want to. Riffraff or classy, it matters not

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
1.1.29  1ofmany  replied to  magnoliaave @1.1.25    7 years ago
Moore knows the girl is waiting for her boyfriend and assaults her? Unbelievable! So, Moore, is not even concerned about the boyfriend showing up during the assault?

Good point. If I walked up on him assaulting my girlfriend in his car, he’s going to hell and I’m going to prison! At the very least, he and his car are going to require dent repair. Moore would know that so I’m suspicious of the story. 

Old Hermit
Sophomore Silent
1.1.30  Old Hermit  replied to  1ofmany @1.1.21    7 years ago
False charges brought 40 years after the fact can be equally damaging because it deprives a person of a meaningful defense. If you say too bad because he deserves it, then I say too bad for her because she she should have said something sooner.

Screenshot20171114 Our view Roy Moore grossly unfit for office.png

Roy Moore simply cannot be a U.S. Senator . Even if his party and many of its adherents still think it possible, it is unthinkable -- for his state, and his country.

Last week, four women described Moore's unseemly taste for dating high school girls when he was a single man in his 30s. Another described what can only be seen as a sexual assault on her when she was 14. In a radio interview last week, Moore himself suggested that he may have dated teenage women during his 30s, though he vehemently denied the claims made by these women.

Today, even as those women face disgusting attacks on their motives and credibility , a fifth brave Alabama woman stepped forward and described how when she was 16, Moore violently sexually assaulted her in his car. She said she felt it to be an attempted rape, and that it ended with her bruised from either falling from or being pushed from the car, with Moore warning her he was a powerful man and that no one would believe her if she told anyone.

The seriousness of these incidents cannot be overstated. They should not be parsed with talk of statutes of limitations or whether proof exists. Proof beyond a reasonable doubt is a consideration for the courtroom, not the ballot box. When choosing our representative before the rest of the world, character matters.

Nor should these women's statements be diminished because the incidents are decades old . If readers objectively look at the reality of life for sex assault victims - at the public doubt and vitriol they face - they'll understand why girls and women do not come forward readily, or early.

And sadly, the reactions of many over the past several days support modern understanding of women's reluctance to voice these things. They stayed quiet while Moore ascended in local and state politics, but they have spoken out as he seems on the verge of attaining national office . For that, Alabama and America owe them respect and appreciation.

We believe these women.

As a news organization, we have independently investigated as many of these claims as possible and have found no reason to doubt the accounts outlined in the Washington Post. If anything, the stories we've heard in Etowah County have only further corroborated them.

In our view, Moore has already revealed himself as grossly unfit to be a U.S. Senator before these revelations.

He has been twice-removed from statewide office for his defiance of the law. His views on women's rights, same-sex marriage and religious freedom no longer reflect the majority of Alabamians. And they are incompatible with the governance of this country. He has said that the murderous 9/11 attacks on America and the tragic school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut may have been God's will because America had sinned.

Investigations into Moore's nonprofit the Foundation of Moral Law, have revealed a man who champions himself above all else. Above Alabamians. And, yes, above God. Moore has used his platform to personally enrich himself and his family and to pursue his own, radical agenda.

As each day passes, more Republicans, including Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, Sen. Lindsay Graham, Louisiana's Senator Bill Cassidy, and many others, have stated Roy Moore simply cannot be a U.S. Senator.

It's time that he and his party read the writing on the wall: His candidacy is over. His true character has been revealed. It's time for the GOP to remove its official support.

And since he and his party can't assure it, the voters of Alabama must.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.31  Sparty On  replied to  lib50 @1.1.14    7 years ago

Yeah well, it can also be a damn slippery slope can't it?   I supported a girlfriend once with counseling on some similar sort of stuff.   It started during ACOA counseling that i went to with her.   At the base of it the ACOA counseling was great for both of us and helped uncover some pretty bad things that did happen to her at an early age but it ultimately slipped down that slope.  

She got to point that everything bad that she did or happened in her life was someone else's fault.   It started out great but devolved into something very healthy in the end.   It was more or less her excuse to do whatever she wanted.   It gave her a ready scapegoat for all bad behavior.   I had to get out of that relationship as she she was trying to drag me into the same bottomless pit.

If the allegations on Moore are true then he deserves everything many of you are trying to hang him with but there is a reason we have an "innocent until proven guilty" standard in our legal system.  

Not all allegations are true.   People can and do lie all the time.    Many times with nefarious intent. 

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
1.1.32  1ofmany  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.1.27    7 years ago
We have only Corfman's claim that she voted for Trump. When I see legitimate verification of her voting record, I'll believe her on this point.

The newest accuser has a high priced attorney who stood beside her as she blubbered for the cameras. It looks like she’s setting up a shakedown . . . pay me some money or else I’ll sue you. 

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
1.1.33  1ofmany  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.28    7 years ago
So....I should bringing my husband with me every where I go because then I won't be leered at or have suggestive comments tossed my way? Won't have men touching me?

Your choice. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.34  Vic Eldred  replied to  magnoliaave @1.1.13    7 years ago

And no Washington Post!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.35  Trout Giggles  replied to  1ofmany @1.1.33    7 years ago

never mind

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.36  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.31    7 years ago

Maybe your girlfriend had that kind of personality that really didn't come out until someone gave her "permission" to act on.

It's too bad she didn't use the counseling for good

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.1.37  Jasper2529  replied to  1ofmany @1.1.32    7 years ago
The newest accuser has a high priced attorney who stood beside her as she blubbered for the cameras.

The 5th one - redhead? Yeah, I saw it. A choked up voice but no tears as she kept dabbing her eyes. That's ambulance chaser Gloria Allred with her.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
1.1.38  1ofmany  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.36    7 years ago
Maybe your girlfriend had that kind of personality that really didn't come out until someone gave her "permission" to act on.

Sadly, he didn’t get the only girl like that and some of them could be accusers in this case.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
1.1.39  1ofmany  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.1.37    7 years ago
The 5th one - redhead? Yeah, I saw it. A choked up voice but no tears as she kept dabbing her eyes. That's ambulance chaser Gloria Allred with her.

The Moore pile on has attracted vultures.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.40  Vic Eldred  replied to  lib50 @1.1.14    7 years ago

I'm all for men standing up for women and they have to set an example here. I am glad (on the one hand) that many Republican congressmen have asked more to step aside. It is a new precedent, one we didn't see in the time of Bill Clinton.

Explorerdog
Freshman Silent
1.1.41  Explorerdog  replied to  magnoliaave @1.1.13    7 years ago

Did you smash your Keurig?

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.1.42  Jasper2529  replied to  1ofmany @1.1.39    7 years ago

Whenever Allred and her equally disgusting daughter, Lisa Bloom, zoom in for the kill, it's easy to see that there's something nasty going on.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
1.1.43  1ofmany  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.40    7 years ago

Hillary blew off all the allegations against her as basically unproven gossip. Moore should do the same thing. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.44  Sparty On  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.36    7 years ago

It's too bad she didn't use the counseling for good

It started that way .... my point was that this sort of thing can get damn complicated.    Rushing to judgement being a mistake is about the only right answer there is right now.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
1.1.45  1ofmany  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.1.42    7 years ago

Yep

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1.46  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  1ofmany @1.1.43    7 years ago
Hillary blew off all the allegations against her as basically unproven gossip.

And we see how that worked out for her.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.47  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.1.15    7 years ago
What makes you WANT to believe Roy Moore?

I don't.  Remove him from the election and provided that seat goes to a Republican, i'm more than satisfied.

Your question about Aly Raisman is merely a deflection, off topic and therefore irrelevant. 

Anything that relates to an understanding of women waiting almost 40 years to make such an allegation IS relevant

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
1.1.48  1ofmany  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.1.46    7 years ago

Hillary blew off all the allegations against her as basically unproven gossip.
And we see how that worked out for her.

Yeah, she won the popular vote and could have won the election. Moore has nothing to lose that he wouldn’t lose anyway by withdrawing. 

Explorerdog
Freshman Silent
1.1.49  Explorerdog  replied to  1ofmany @1.1.21    7 years ago

False charges should carry the same punishment that the alleged crime would and yes as time goes by the accused has little or no chance of proving innocence and that would be what it is. Multiple victims, many community people with the same recollections about the predatory nature of one guy, too much in common to be a fabrication to hamper his bid. What would have been the scenario if your wife's attacker was the chief of police, Governor, Supreme Court Justice? Would the story disappear? Moore was a powerful and connected official that could have caused great harm to the girls (as far as we know it is only girls to date) and their families. Look at what he is attempting even with serious evidence piling up, he is threatening to sue everyone.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
1.1.50  magnoliaave  replied to  Explorerdog @1.1.41    7 years ago

I don't have one of those.  And, if I did, I still wouldn't destroy it.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
1.1.52  magnoliaave  replied to  Explorerdog @1.1.49    7 years ago

40 years ago, he was an Asst DA.....not too powerful. 

Question....how come men don't bring allegations up about women who grope them? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.53  Vic Eldred  replied to  Dulay @1.1.16    7 years ago

and where did you get that idea?

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
1.1.54  magnoliaave  replied to  Release The Kraken @1.1.51    7 years ago

No, thank you, on your grinding, etc.  I buy Maxwell House, pour water in, coffee in and I am ready to go!

user image
Freshman Silent
1.1.55    replied to  magnoliaave @1.1.52    7 years ago
Question....how come men don't bring allegations up about women who grope them?

E.A Same reason that we have those in this Forum, that are proud to announce that they have been part of a Paedophile act when SHE was 28 and they were 17, is that the " New Norm to be a COUGAR "  what Sickos!!!

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
1.1.56  1ofmany  replied to  Explorerdog @1.1.49    7 years ago
False charges should carry the same punishment that the alleged crime would and yes as time goes by the accused has little or no chance of proving innocence and that would be what it is.

She never filed charges and therefore is subject to penalty. All Moore could do is sue her for defamation if she has a lot to ois in that makes a suit worthwhile.

Multiple victims, many community people with the same recollections about the predatory nature of one guy, too much in common to be a fabrication to hamper his bid.

There is no proof whatsoever of his “predatory” behavior. 

What would have been the scenario if your wife's attacker was the chief of police, Governor, Supreme Court Justice? Would the story disappear?

Of course it wouldn’t just disappear.

Moore was a powerful and connected official that could have caused great harm to the girls (as far as we know it is only girls to date) and their families. Look at what he is attempting even with serious evidence piling up, he is threatening to sue everyone.

No evidence has been put forward at all. It’s an unsubstantiated allegation. Gossip.

lib50
Professor Silent
1.1.57  lib50  replied to  1ofmany @1.1.21    7 years ago
Big damn deal. Walk with a man and I doubt you’d get the same reaction or walk by yourself and “tough out” being “admired” by rifraff. If they were screaming “get that ugly bitch off the street”, then you’d have something to really complain about. Lol. My wife has dealt with catcalls all her life and thinks nothing of it whether she’s here or in Europe or elsewhere. Grow a thicker skin.

Sounds like a Taliban solution.  Or a Saudi solution.  You are basically making our points.  You diminish women's experiences and seem to want us to be happy to get fucking catcalls and harassment.  How republicanly-christian-talibany of you.  I can't wait for the younger generation of women to teach you a thing or two.  I do have to ask how you would feel about a daughter being harassed by asshole men all the time.  It actually changes who you are when you are young and it happens.  Is your advice to young women the same thing I heard when I was young?  It sure the fuck sounds like it. 

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
1.1.58  1ofmany  replied to  lib50 @1.1.57    7 years ago

Sounds like a Taliban solution. Or a Saudi solution.

You diminish women's experiences and seem to want us to be happy to get fucking catcalls and harassment. 

It’s just learning to deal with things you can’t control. 

I can't wait for the younger generation of women to teach you a thing or two.

They can’t even get out of the car.

I do have to ask how you would feel about a daughter being harassed by asshole men all the time. It actually changes who you are when you are young and it happens. Is your advice to young women the same thing I heard when I was young? It sure the fuck sounds like it.

Oh please, women walking alone have been dealing with this forever. Plenty take it in stride; some retort in kind. Grow the fuck up. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.59  Trout Giggles  replied to  lib50 @1.1.57    7 years ago

Thank-you lib50. I couldn't reply to him because it would have come out full of snark, bitterness, and plain old nasty

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
1.1.60  magnoliaave  replied to  1ofmany @1.1.58    7 years ago

When I was a young woman working in downtown N.O. we would walk to lunch and there might be some construction workers and they would give out a whistle or a hey ....we would smile and wave to them.  It was nothing.  No harm was intended. 

Not all attention is meant to be vile nor harmful.  I liked the young world I lived in.  Not today's world where people are looking for the worst.  My Mother taught us what was proper and improper. 

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
1.1.61  1ofmany  replied to  magnoliaave @1.1.60    7 years ago
When I was a young woman working in downtown N.O. we would walk to lunch and there might be some construction workers and they would give out a whistle or a hey ....we would smile and wave to them. It was nothing. No harm was intended.

Because you were a lady and took it in stride. However, if you had scowled at them with that “somebody needs to teach you a lesson” look, they might have descended into the kind of vulgarity that would make you run. Instead of younger women trying to teach men a lesson, maybe they should be getting a lesson from a real lady like you. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.62  Trout Giggles  replied to  1ofmany @1.1.61    7 years ago

I hope that I've taught my son to teach women with respect so that he never earns that scowl because he couldn't mind his manners

Explorerdog
Freshman Silent
1.1.63  Explorerdog  replied to  1ofmany @1.1.56    7 years ago

First hand accounts carry weight especially when they ar corroborated by different people from different walks of life. I guess you can stick to the mantra that it means nothing like any other evidence.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
1.1.64  1ofmany  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.62    7 years ago
I hope that I've taught my son to teach women with respect so that he never earns that scowl because he couldn't mind his manners.

I hope so too but we don’t all grow up with the same manners. There are men who show respect in the manner they are accustomed to receiving it themselves. When you intersect with them, you have to deal with it. 

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
1.1.65  1ofmany  replied to  Explorerdog @1.1.63    7 years ago
First hand accounts carry weight especially when they ar corroborated by different people from different walks of life. I guess you can stick to the mantra that it means nothing like any other evidence.

The only first hand account you have is the accusation itself and it hasn’t been corroborated by anybody since there were no witnesses. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.66  Trout Giggles  replied to  1ofmany @1.1.64    7 years ago

Good to know. So when I run into assholes it's ok to treat them like assholes especially if I was minding my own damn business

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
1.1.67  magnoliaave  replied to  1ofmany @1.1.61    7 years ago

Thank you. 

A bit interesting to say the least......my son went grocery shopping with me a few days ago.  A lady was having difficulty with the grocery cart in the parking lot and my son said....Mom, do you think I can go help?  I said, sure, that would good.  He said, I don't know the way things are today you never know!

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
1.1.68  1ofmany  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.66    7 years ago
Good to know. So when I run into assholes it's ok to treat them like assholes especially if I was minding my own damn business.

It’s ok by me, if you can handle the consequences and I don’t have to see you blubbering about it 40 years later.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.69  Trout Giggles  replied to  1ofmany @1.1.68    7 years ago

We need an emoticon that just screams "Jesus H Christ!"yelling

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
1.1.71  Skrekk  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.44    7 years ago
my point was that this sort of thing can get damn complicated.    Rushing to judgement being a mistake is about the only right answer there is right now.

I know, right?   Why is everyone blaming Moore when we know that there were minors involved too?    Can't they take responsibility for wearing a dress shorter than ankle length or having their blouse unbuttoned at the top?

It seems to me those girls were leading him on.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
1.1.72  Skrekk  replied to  1ofmany @1.1.39    7 years ago

Given that Moore is now threatening to sue his accusers it makes sense for the woman to have good legal representation.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.73  Sparty On  replied to  Skrekk @1.1.71    7 years ago
It seems to me those girls were leading him on.

Really?   You think so?

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.1.74  1stwarrior  replied to  lib50 @1.1.57    7 years ago

"younger generation of women to teach you a thing or two"

Wait a minute - are you talking about today's Millennials, the Selfie lovin', "Me-me-me-me", "Give-me, give-me, give-me", "look-at-me, look-at-me", "is my butt big enough", "how much bigger can I get my lips to look", "I can text 1,000 words a minute and not say shit" Millennials???

That younger generation of women????

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1.75  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  1ofmany @1.1.48    7 years ago
Yeah, she won the popular vote

Too bad the popular vote is just that, popular.  The political equivalent of Homecoming King / Queen.

and could have won the election.

And thankfully she didn't.  I guess that's what happens when 40 years of lying and mishandling classified information comes back to bite you in the ass.

Moore has nothing to lose that he wouldn’t lose anyway by withdrawing. 

That is true.  Especially when we take into consideration the doubt that exists about the accuser(s) taking money to "come forward".

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
1.1.76  1ofmany  replied to  Release The Kraken @1.1.70    7 years ago
You think it's normal for a 36 year old to creep on a 14 or 16 year old girl?

If it’s normal for one man to “creep” on another, then hell yes it’s completely normal for a man to date a younger woman as long as she’s at or above the age of consent. She can date whomever she likes and any man is free to date her. 

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
1.1.77  Skrekk  replied to  Old Hermit @1.1.30    7 years ago
As a news organization, we have independently investigated as many of these claims as possible and have found no reason to doubt the accounts outlined in the Washington Post. If anything, the stories we've heard in Etowah County have only further corroborated them.

Al.com has had some interesting coverage of the investigation they undertook in Etowah County.    Among other things they found that Moore had essentially been banned from the Gadsden Mall because he was stalking young girls.

Greg Legat worked at the Record Bar, a music store near Sears in the mall, from 1981-1985. The store was just down from the back entrance of the mall, near the three-screen Mall Theatre. It was a popular place for parents dropping off their teens in the evenings and on weekends.

Legat, now 59, said an off-duty Gadsden police officer named J.D. Thomas told him about various people he should look out for when he was working. This was around 1981, and Thomas worked security at the mall. 

One of the people was a pickpocket, he said, while another was someone prone to pick fights.

One was Roy Moore.

"I asked him, 'What did he do?'" Legat recalled. "He said, 'If you see him, let me know. I'll take care of it.'

Five other current and former Etowah County residents also spoke to AL.com with similar accounts.

"Him liking and dating young girls was never a secret in Gadsden when we were all in high school," said Sheryl Porter. "In our neighborhoods up by Noccalula Falls we heard it all the time. Even people at the courthouse know it was a well-known secret.

"It's just sad how these girls (who accused Moore) are getting hammered and called liars, especially Leigh (Corfman)."

Teresa Jones, who said she worked at the Etowah County District Attorney's Office with Moore, took   to Twitter on Friday  to say it was "common knowledge" that he pursued teenage girls.

"As a Deputy DA in Gadsden when Roy Moore was there, it was common knowledge about Roy's propensity for teenage girls," she tweeted. "I'm appalled that these women are being skewered for the truth."

She later told CNN that Moore often went to local high school events and other hangouts: "It was common knowledge that Roy dated high school girls, everyone we knew thought it was weird...We wondered why someone his age would hang out at high school football games and the mall."

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
1.1.78  magnoliaave  replied to  1stwarrior @1.1.74    7 years ago

Love it!

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
1.1.79  1ofmany  replied to  Skrekk @1.1.77    7 years ago

Yeah right, they’re banning the local DA from the mall because he engaged in legal behavior. This is just stupid.

JaneDoe
Sophomore Silent
1.1.80  JaneDoe  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.1.37    7 years ago

I said the same thing to my husband. Her emotions seemed fake and no real tears. IMO, it looked as if she was reading her statement so she could remember what she was supposed to say.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
1.1.81  Spikegary  replied to  1ofmany @1.1.48    7 years ago

I read an article that said it is too late to remove his name from the ballot in Alabama.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
1.1.82  Spikegary  replied to  1ofmany @1.1.23    7 years ago

Aren't there reports of the WaPo reporter offering money to women who would say they were assaulted by Moore?

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
1.1.83  Spikegary  replied to  Skrekk @1.1.72    7 years ago

I saw Moore had threatened to sue the WaPo, but I haven't seen reports of him threatening to sue the individuals.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.84  Trout Giggles  replied to  1ofmany @1.1.76    7 years ago

and this from the man who uses Yoda as his avatar

eek

lib50
Professor Silent
1.1.86  lib50  replied to  1ofmany @1.1.58    7 years ago
Oh please, women walking alone have been dealing with this forever. Plenty take it in stride; some retort in kind. Grow the fuck up.

I have, pumpkin, its the reason I'm here.  Telling you that we AREN'T going to 'take it in stride'.  What the FUCK do you think happens to girls when they do that?  You expect YOUR DAUGHTER to deal with lifetime sexual harassment because 'they've been dealing with it forever'?  What the FUCK?  Deal with THIS shit forever, women are DONE with it now.  We didn't speak out when we were kids or younger but we are fucking doing it NOW.  It is NOT going away.  The more you go down this path, the worse it will get, you will not be stopping this movement. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.87  Trout Giggles  replied to  Shepboy @1.1.85    7 years ago

When you have lived in my shoes for 55 years, we'll discuss.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
1.1.88  Skrekk  replied to  Shepboy @1.1.85    7 years ago
All these women are coming forward, I think it will backfire on who ever is paying these women off.

Be sure to give the Catholic cult your legal advice.   I don't think that's an argument they used to avoid responsibility for enabling and covering up the rape of children.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
1.1.91  Skrekk  replied to  Spikegary @1.1.82    7 years ago
Aren't there reports of the WaPo reporter offering money to women who would say they were assaulted by Moore?

There's one fake report from an anonymous twitter account and "reported" by a right-wing blog.   One would have to be quite gullible to give that any credence.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
1.1.92  Spikegary  replied to  Skrekk @1.1.91    7 years ago

Well, there's gullible and then there's gullible.  I don't know who is telling the truth and who is lying.  Want me to let you in on a little secret?  Neither do you.

The court of public opinion is the only thing going on here.  You must admit the timing is perfect to benefit the WaPo's endorsed candidate, don't you think?

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
1.1.93  Spikegary  replied to  1ofmany @1.1.76    7 years ago

Anyone ever heard of Hugh Hefner?  He was ancient and still dating woman younger than his grandchildren........

Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו
Junior Participates
1.1.95  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Spikegary @1.1.93    7 years ago
[Hefner] was ancient and still dating woman younger than his grandchildren........

Did he have children, much less grandchildren?  I also thought he never married so they would all have been illegitimate children.  But to your point, it looks like you bought the entire Hefner mythology.  BTW, many women also accused him of sexual crimes so thanks for comparing Moore to him....it's a good match. 

Junior Participates
1.1.96  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  magnoliaave @1.1.67    7 years ago
He said, I don't know the way things are today you never know!

I hope you told him "don't be silly and go help the woman."  

Junior Participates
1.1.97  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  1stwarrior @1.1.74    7 years ago
That younger generation of women????

So it's okay in your book to rape them, then?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.98  Trout Giggles  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @1.1.97    7 years ago

I hope you are as disgusted as me by the turn this convo has taken

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.99  Trout Giggles  replied to  1stwarrior @1.1.74    7 years ago

I don't know what millennial women you know but the ones I know have careers and don't have time for that silliness.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
1.1.100  magnoliaave  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @1.1.97    7 years ago

Where did he say that?  Nowhere!

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
1.1.101  magnoliaave  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @1.1.96    7 years ago

I didn't say anything about being silly because he wasn't.

That's the way it is today.  He helped her!

Junior Participates
1.1.102  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.53    7 years ago
and where did you get that idea?

From the hate-filled vitriol with which he stereotyped all millennial women.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
1.1.103  magnoliaave  replied to  lib50 @1.1.86    7 years ago

I spoke out.  And, his ass went out the door!

Always the poor me! 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.104  Sparty On  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @1.1.97    7 years ago

Once again, you are way out in left field.   Hang on, i'll get you a mitt and hit you some fly balls to shag .....

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.105  Sparty On  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.99    7 years ago

I'm sure many here won't like the following but this has been my experience with Millennials    I've been hiring and firing for a long time now and generally speaking i have found the Millennial generation to be much higher maintenance than previous ones.  

Fewer seek leadership positions but all seem to want to make leadership money.   Few understand that 40 hours pay means 40 hours of actual work.   Not 39.5 or less.   Many have trouble taking direction they don't like and will piss and moan and try to subvert the direction from the inside when if they really don't like it they can simply move on to another job like we always did.

Again, as noted this a generalization because i've hired some fantastic Millennial as well.   Several are working for us right now and doing a great job.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.106  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.105    7 years ago

I think you can substitute baby boomer for millennial and get the same results.

I don't how old you are, but I'm on the back end of the baby boomer generation. For years, we were told that we were lazy, took every thing for granted, wanted immediate gratification. Now that we have birthed and raised the millennials and some gen xers we are telling them the same thing we were told.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.108  Trout Giggles  replied to  Kathleen @1.1.107    7 years ago

That's SOP. I would not allow a male doctor to examine unless there was a female in the room

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
1.1.109  magnoliaave  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.105    7 years ago

The heck whether they like it or not.  They speak their minds on here.

Women of today don't even know what it was like for the real women of yesterday.  You know, the ones who birthed babies and worked in the fields with their husbands.  You know the ones that protested for our right to vote.  The ones who worked in factories and the ones who took over a man's job when the men were fighting for our country. 

They need to grow up and get  a pair!

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.1.111  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  magnoliaave @1.1.109    7 years ago
The ones who worked in factories and the ones who took over a man's job when the men were fighting for our country.

with the remarks you made here what are you saying, is it, "Women should accept that getting raped and, sexual harassment is a way of life and, they should just accept it?"

Junior Participates
1.1.112  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.106    7 years ago

You can find Sparty's generalizations about millennials  for every younger generation by an older one as far back in time as one can go.  My GenYer kids are already doing  it with GenZers.  

Junior Participates
1.1.113  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  magnoliaave @1.1.109    7 years ago
Women of today don't even know what it was like for the real women of yesterday.

You do know that people a generation older than you said the same thing about you, right? 

Junior Participates
1.1.114  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.98    7 years ago
I hope you are as disgusted as me by the turn this convo has taken

I pretty much live in a perpetual state of disgust for  these people. 

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1.1.115  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  1ofmany @1.1.64    7 years ago
There are men who show respect in the manner they are accustomed to receiving it themselves. When you intersect with them, you have to deal with it.

Thank you, Clayton Williams , for your special brand of insight.  It's good to know.  From now on, I'll arrive at my destination a few hours early so I can open a bit of thoughtful dialogue with the men I might pass during my walk from a parking lot into an office building, so I may learn what responsive behavior they have, or have not, been accustomed to receiving when they unleash an unwarranted and disgusting sexual diatribe against any female previously unfortunate enough to catch their collective eye.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.116  Sparty On  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.106    7 years ago

I disagree.  

I'm old enough to have witnessed both Kennedy assassinations and have dealt with both generations.   True, i've probably dealt with more generations after boomers but there are distinct differences.   I don't expect agreement here with those that have their minds made up but my opinion is born on experience and it is what it is.  

You can't change past experience.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
1.1.117  magnoliaave  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.1.111    7 years ago

Wow, you are going off the deep end~

Did I even suggest that?  Absolutely, not!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.118  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.1.115    7 years ago

laughing dude

man that ruler stings

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
1.1.119  magnoliaave  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @1.1.113    7 years ago

Not really.  My Mother was a generation ahead of me and I never heard her say that.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.121  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.116    7 years ago

Have you hired people from the generation before you? If you have, what are their work ethics? You can honestly say you have never seen a lazy WWII generation or baby boomer? Because I have.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.122  Dulay  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.47    7 years ago
Remove him from the election and provided that seat goes to a Republican, i'm more than satisfied.

So your posit is that the GOP and their electorate should not be held responsible for putting Moore in his elevated position? 

Anything that relates to an understanding of women waiting almost 40 years to make such an allegation IS relevant

Then please explain how Aly Raisman's experience, in THIS decade, while a cloistered elite athlete, can enlighten our understanding of a southern teenage girls experiences 40 years ago. Please elaborate...

BTFW, if you're actually interested in the issue, there are a plethora of papers about abuse victims 'waiting' decades [or a lifetime] to report abuse. Somehow I doubt you'll be rushing to google to research those studies...

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.123  Dulay  replied to  magnoliaave @1.1.11    7 years ago
OMG, my life has been ruined for 4o years. Isn't that ridiculous?

The lack of empathy in your comments continues to surprise me...

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.1.124  1stwarrior  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @1.1.97    7 years ago

Please show me where, in MY comment, that it was OK to rape a millennial.

SHOW ME.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.125  Trout Giggles  replied to  Dulay @1.1.123    7 years ago
Your lack of empathy continues to surprise me...

not me

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.1.126  1stwarrior  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.1.111    7 years ago

Galen - that is friggin' ludicrous - where did your mind wander to come up with that?

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.1.127  1stwarrior  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.121    7 years ago

Yeah - did 16 years as Labor Relations Director/Personnel Manager in the foundry industry in the '70's/80's.  I guess our industry was different 'cause everyone who applied WANTED a job and, in the foundry, you definitely worked your butt off.  People I hired were born in the 30's/40's/50's and, again, they all WANTED to work.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1.1.128  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  1stwarrior @1.1.74    7 years ago
Wait a minute - are you talking about today's Millennials, the Selfie lovin', "Me-me-me-me", "Give-me, give-me, give-me", "look-at-me, look-at-me", "is my butt big enough", "how much bigger can I get my lips to look", "I can text 1,000 words a minute and not say shit" Millennials??? That younger generation of women????

Best and most accurate description of Donald Trump EVER!

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
1.1.129  Skrekk  replied to  1ofmany @1.1.79    7 years ago
Yeah right, they’re banning the local DA from the mall because he engaged in legal behavior. This is just stupid.

Apparently that's exactly what the mall management did to that assistant DA.    There's lots of good stuff at this link:

Gadsden’s current law-enforcement community could not confirm the existence of a mall ban on Moore. But two officers I spoke to this weekend, both of whom asked to remain unnamed, told me that they have long heard stories about Moore and the mall. “The general knowledge at the time when I moved here was that this guy is a lawyer cruising the mall for high-school dates,” one of the officers said. The legal age of consent in Alabama is sixteen, so it would not be illegal there for a man in his early thirties to date a girl who was, say, a senior in high school. But these officers, along with the other people I spoke to, said that Moore’s presence at the mall was regarded as a problem. “I was told by a girl who worked at the mall that he’d been run off from there, from a number of stores. Maybe not legally banned, but run off,” one officer told me. He also said, “I heard from one girl who had to tell the manager of a store at the mall to get Moore to leave her alone.”

The second officer went further. “A friend of mine told me he was banned from there,” he said. He added, “I actually voted for Moore. I liked him at one time. But I’m basically disgusted now, to be honest with you. Some of the things he’s said recently, I’ve changed my tune completely about this guy.” He went on, explaining why Moore no longer appeals to him. “When I heard what he said on ‘Hannity’ the other night,” he said, referring to an appearance Moore made on Sean Hannity’s radio show last Friday, “I almost stood straight up. The thing about how he’s never dated anybody without their mother’s permission, that appalled me. That made me want to throw up. Why would you need someone’s permission to date somebody? I’m probably gonna write in Luther Strange.”

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
1.1.130  1ofmany  replied to  lib50 @1.1.86    7 years ago

I have, pumpkin, its the reason I'm here. Telling you that we AREN'T going to 'take it in stride'. What the FUCK do you think happens to girls when they do that? You expect YOUR DAUGHTER to deal with lifetime sexual harassment because 'they've been dealing with it forever'? What the FUCK? Deal with THIS shit forever, women are DONE with it now. We didn't speak out when we were kids or younger but we are fucking doing it NOW. It is NOT going away. The more you go down this path, the worse it will get, you will not be stopping this movement.

If you’re talking about cat calling (which is what I was talking about), then I honestly don’t give a rats ass what you do. You can take it in stride or march up and down the street in a pussy hat or whirl like a dervish or burst into flames. It makes absolutely no difference to me whatsoever.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
1.1.131  1ofmany  replied to  Skrekk @1.1.129    7 years ago

Apparently that's exactly what the mall management did to that assistant DA. There's lots of good stuff at this link:

The most telling thing about the link is that it says Moore’s banning from the mall is a rumor. He can’t be banned unless he’s doing something illegal or improper and checking out girls above the age of consent is neither. 

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
1.1.132  Skrekk  replied to  Spikegary @1.1.92    7 years ago
Well, there's gullible and then there's gullible.  I don't know who is telling the truth and who is lying.  Want me to let you in on a little secret?  Neither do you.

Let's just say I trust real journalists far more than a blog with a bad reputation for spreading hoaxes.     I also trust the claims made by the women given all the contemporaneous support they have for those claims.     Apparently most Senate Republicans feel the same way.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
1.1.134  1ofmany  replied to  Skrekk @1.1.132    7 years ago
Let's just say I trust real journalists far more than a blog with a bad reputation for spreading hoaxes. I also trust the claims made by the women given all the contemporaneous support they have for those claims. Apparently most Senate Republicans feel the same way.

Bit all that counts is what the people of Alabama think.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.1.135  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.2    7 years ago
releasing the story after Moore got nominated and a month before the election is highly unethical

How so? Why is it unethical to expose a Senate candidate as a pedophile if the story is true? Just days before the Presidential election Jim Comey released a statement making it public the Hillary Clinton email investigation had to be reopened though he kept secret the fact that the Trump campaign was under investigation at the time for their involvement with Russia in the release of illegally obtained private citizen emails. Was that also unethical? Or was that okay because it was against Democrats? 

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
1.1.136  Skrekk  replied to  Shepboy @1.1.133    7 years ago
So then you believe all the women who have accused Bill Clinton of abusing them..?  I mean your words are you trust claims by the women............ those claims .

No I don't and precisely for the reasons I stated - that there were no contemporaneous claims told to other people.    Moreover the person who made the most serious claim retracted it when she was under oath.    At the same time I think male behavior which was accepted in Arkansas 30+ years ago wouldn't be tolerated by women today, so I do think its possible and even likely that Bill engaged in sexual harassment.

It's clear that lots of women were interested in Bill and he obviously has had a number of consensual affairs and likes women a lot.    I have a very hard time imagining the same about Roy and based on some of his rulings he doesn't seem to like women very much.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
1.1.137  Skrekk  replied to  1ofmany @1.1.131    7 years ago
The most telling thing about the link is that it says Moore’s banning from the mall is a rumor.

Actually that's just one line from the article.   The cop who knew the mall security guard says that Moore was banned, and an independent journalist in the area reports that her source also said he was banned.    The former security guard refuses to say one way or another today, but that in itself speaks volumes.

You should read the entire article before you comment.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
1.1.138  1ofmany  replied to  Skrekk @1.1.137    7 years ago

The most telling thing about the link is that it says Moore’s banning from the mall is a rumor.

Actually that's just one line from the article. The cop who knew the mall security guard says that Moore was banned, and an independent journalist in the area reports that her source also said he was banned. The former security guard refuses to say one way or another today, but that in itself speaks volumes.

You should read the entire article before you comment.

You should understand what you read before you post. It says there was no official ban only a rumor of one. The cop, security guard, and journalist have no evidence of an actual ban so it’s still nothing more than a rumor. I’m not surprised that the security guard isn’t saying anything one way or another today because he’d get himself or the mall sued for slander. So, yes, keeping his mouth shut speaks volumes. There is no evidence that Moore was removed from the mall or ever told to stay off the premises. This is all total bullshit. 

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
1.1.139  1ofmany  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.1.135    7 years ago
How so? Why is it unethical to expose a Senate candidate as a pedophile if the story is true?

Because there’s no evidence that it’s true so it’s just a smear tactic.

Just days before the Presidential election Jim Comey released a statement making it public the Hillary Clinton email investigation had to be reopened though he kept secret the fact that the Trump campaign was under investigation at the time for their involvement with Russia in the release of illegally obtained private citizen emails. Was that also unethical? 

Comey told Congress that the investigation was closed. He was specifically asked whether he would inform congress if that changed and he said yes. It changed and he informed congress as he said he would do. If he hadn’t done that he, would have misled Congress. Hillary and the democrats would have no problem misleading congress but Comey was trying to be ethical. He made no promise about Trump nor was he asked for one. 

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.1.140  1stwarrior  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.1.128    7 years ago

Sister - not funny.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
1.1.141  1ofmany  replied to  magnoliaave @1.1.109    7 years ago

The heck whether they like it or not. They speak their minds on here.

Women of today don't even know what it was like for the real women of yesterday. You know, the ones who birthed babies and worked in the fields with their husbands . . . 

They are spoiled and complain a lot about very little. They would drown in a thimble full of water.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
1.1.142  Skrekk  replied to  1ofmany @1.1.138    7 years ago
You should understand what you read before you post. It says there was no official ban only a rumor of one.

Apparently the mall employees disagree with your interpretation:

Legat says that he saw Moore there a few times, even though his understanding then was that he had already been banned. “It started around 1979, I think,” Legat said. “I know the ban was still in place when I got there.” Legat recalled a Gadsden police officer named J. D. Thomas, now retired, who worked security at the mall. “J. D. was a fixture there, when I was working at the store,” Legat said. “He really looked after the kids there. He was a good guy. J. D. told me, ‘If you see Roy, let me know. He’s banned from the mall.’ ” Legat recalled Thomas telling him, “If you see Moore here, tell me. I’ll take care of him.’ ” Legat said that his boss, Eddie Hill, also told him to look for Moore.

Regardless of whether Moore was officially banned from the mall (and it does seem that he was), the other significant factor is that multiple employees at different stores were warned about Moore and his predatory interest in young teen girls.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
1.1.143  1ofmany  replied to  Skrekk @1.1.142    7 years ago
Regardless of whether Moore was officially banned from the mall (and it does seem that he was), the other significant factor is that multiple employees at different stores were warned about Moore and his predatory interest in young teen girls.

He wasn’t officially banned because they had no grounds to ban him. How about this? Instead of exploring rumors, get an affidavit from the mall owners that says “Roy Moore was banned from the property effective (date) because we viewed him as a predator of teens simply because he exercised his right to freely associate with teenage girls over the age of consent. We further told every store and mall employee that he is banned as a predator.” Without that statement or one like it, the allegation that he was banned is a rumor and nothing more. And if they provide it, Moore can sue them for defamation. 

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
1.1.144  Skrekk  replied to  1ofmany @1.1.143    7 years ago

LOL.

"We wondered why someone his age would hang out at high school football games and the mall," Roy Moore's former colleague told CNN.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
1.1.145  Skrekk  replied to  Spikegary @1.1.82    7 years ago

That hoax has already been exposed:

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.2  Ozzwald  replied to  JohnRussell @1    7 years ago

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.2.1  Jasper2529  replied to  Ozzwald @1.2    7 years ago
Fact checkers say it never happened.

That's what the left wing mom and pop rag,  Snopes, says. 

I'll wait for facts based upon truth.

Explorerdog
Freshman Silent
1.2.2  Explorerdog  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.2.1    7 years ago

American Stinker is off today

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
1.2.3  Skrekk  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.2.1    7 years ago

From your Snopes citation:

On 10 November 2017, the disreputable web site   GatewayPundit.com   reported — without any evidence whatsoever beyond a single anonymous Twitter account — that investigative journalists from the  Washington Post   had paid a woman to go on the record and  accuse   Roy Moore, a Republican candidate running to fill Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ vacant U.S. Senate seat in Alabama, of sexually abusing her when she was 14 years old.

Also note that the Post doesn't pay sources.   And if it were discovered that a journalist did that they'd be fired on the spot.

Junior Participates
1.2.5  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.2.1    7 years ago
I'll wait for facts based upon truth.

Can't wait to see what source you use. 

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.2.6  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.2.1    7 years ago

You need to read post the headline there sparky.

An Alabama woman claimed the Washington Post tried to pay her to come forward and make accusations of sexual abuse against Roy Moore.
RATING
FALSE

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.2.7  Ozzwald  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.2.1    7 years ago
That's what the left wing mom and pop rag,  Snopes, says.

The funniest thing is that he is using the same link I did to dispute the claim made on his own (and mine) link!

applause

Dulay
Professor Expert
2  Dulay    7 years ago

There is NO statute of limitations in Alabama for:

Section 13A-6-69

Enticing child to enter vehicle, house, etc., for immoral purposes. It shall be unlawful for any person with lascivious intent to entice, allure, persuade or invite, or attempt to entice, allure, persuade or invite, any child under 16 years of age to enter any vehicle, room, house, office or other place for the purpose of proposing to such child the performance of an act of sexual intercourse or an act which constitutes the offense of sodomy or for the purpose of proposing the fondling or feeling of the sexual or genital parts of such child or the breast of such child, or for the purpose of committing an aggravated assault on such child, or for the purpose of proposing that such child fondle or feel the sexual or genital parts of such person.

Any person violating the provisions of this section shall, for the first violation, be punished by a fine not to exceed $5,000.00 or by confinement for a term not to exceed five years, or by both fine and imprisonment; and any person who shall be convicted for the second violation of this section shall be punished by confinement in the penitentiary for not less than two nor more than 10 years, and such person shall not be eligible for probation.

(Acts 1967, No. 388, p. 976; Code 1975, §13-1-114.)

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
2.1  1ofmany  replied to  Dulay @2    7 years ago

Even if there’s no statute of limitations under Alabama law, a defendant still has a constitutional right to due process. An excessive delay in bringing charges may be considered unconstitutional if it severely deprives the defendant of the opportunity to mount a defense. I’d say waiting 40 damn years to bring charges qualifies as excessive delay. 

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.1.1  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  1ofmany @2.1    7 years ago

Thank you F. Lee Bailey.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
2.1.2  1ofmany  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @2.1.1    7 years ago

You’re welcome dear.

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.1.3  Dulay  replied to  1ofmany @2.1    7 years ago
I’d say waiting 40 damn years to bring charges qualifies as excessive delay.

So does that mean you support setting a statute of limitations on murder? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @2.1.3    7 years ago

A murder victim is and always will be incapable of filing charges. That is the difference.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
2.1.5  Skrekk  replied to  1ofmany @2.1    7 years ago
Even if there’s no statute of limitations under Alabama law, a defendant still has a constitutional right to due process

There's been no discussion whatsoever by Moore's victims of filing charges against him.

Junior Participates
2.1.6  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Skrekk @2.1.5    7 years ago
There's been no discussion whatsoever by Moore's victims of filing charges against him.

He's the only one talking about suing people which is a "tell" for guilt--immediately threatening accusers hoping to frighten them off.  (Trump's, Weinstein's and most rich powerful perps' tactics, btw). 

Junior Participates
2.1.7  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  1ofmany @2.1    7 years ago
An excessive delay in bringing charges may be considered unconstitutional if it severely deprives the defendant of the opportunity to mount a defense.

That didn't help Bill Cosby.  But maybe AL is more perp friendly if the perp happens to be a republican and "god fearin'" rightwing extremist.  

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.1.8  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @2.1.7    7 years ago
But maybe AL is more perp friendly if the perp happens to be a republican and "god fearin'" rightwing extremist.

And, don't forget a former Justice and, Judge.

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.1.9  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.4    7 years ago
A murder victim is and always will be incapable of filing charges. That is the difference.

Are you following the thread?

The posit was that a 40 year old allegations deny due process. 

Secondly, the STATE files charges of enticement, NOT the victim.

In short, your comment is irrelevant. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  seeder  JohnRussell    7 years ago

Once they saw there was a credible witness, the reporters probably felt an obligation to try and get her (them) to come forward.

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1  Dulay  replied to  JohnRussell @3    7 years ago

They could have written the article without naming names but the women allowing WAPO to identify them bolsters the credibility of the report. Unless of course you're one of our intrepid 'conservatives', then it's just a political 'libtard' hit piece. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
3.1.1  bugsy  replied to  Dulay @3.1    7 years ago

The women who accused Trump right before the election also gave their names to the press. Where are they today? You were speaking of credibility?

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
3.1.2  magnoliaave  replied to  bugsy @3.1.1    7 years ago

Doing lunch or their nails?

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.1.3  Skrekk  replied to  bugsy @3.1.1    7 years ago
The women who accused Trump right before the election also gave their names to the press. Where are they today? You were speaking of credibility?

I remember Trump saying that he was going to sue them......but he's done nothing at all.    I wonder if he's afraid of the discovery process?

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.1.4  Skrekk  replied to  bugsy @3.1.1    7 years ago

Speaking of credibility or lack thereof:

President Donald Trump   demanded a retraction and threatened to sue The New York Times   after it reported allegations that he sexually assaulted two women, once in the early 1980s and again in 2005. Trump denied the claims, but no suit was filed when the Times stood by its story.

Movie mogul Harvey Weinstein   also threatened to sue The Times   after it published allegations that included three decades of sexual harassment of women and unwanted physical contact.

Weinstein, who also denied the allegations, hasn't sued the paper.

lib50
Professor Silent
3.1.6  lib50  replied to    7 years ago

He's in the midst of his justice.  But really, why do you think it matters one bit that they threaten to sue?  First of all, that is usually hot air.  Actions speak louder than words.  I'm not seeing anything.  At this point the women are less afraid to come forward, there is power in numbers.  If you look at Moore, it is clear the evidence will be hard to refute.  There are far too many people who know about his predilections.  He is yet another asshole of a man who thought he was entitled to do anything with girls, and now in the blink of an eye women and society are saying NO.  I feel no sympathy for any of them. This change is permanent.

Kavika
Professor Principal
3.1.7  Kavika   replied to  Skrekk @3.1.3    7 years ago

Discovery can be a real ball buster...(pun intended)

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1.8  Dulay  replied to  bugsy @3.1.1    7 years ago
The women who accused Trump

Trump is NOT the topic of this seed. 

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
3.1.9  Spikegary  replied to  Skrekk @3.1.3    7 years ago

Or he might be busy running the country, not that the left would be able to notice and acknowledge that.

Junior Participates
3.1.10  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  bugsy @3.1.1    7 years ago

At least one has filed a case against him.  It's wending its way along and you can be sure Trump is doing everything he can to keep it from going to court. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.11  Tessylo  replied to  Spikegary @3.1.9    7 years ago
'Or he might be busy running the country,'

LOL!  Since when - or did you mean busy running the country into the sewer?

Junior Participates
3.1.12  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Skrekk @3.1.4    7 years ago

Wait, wait the "librul" NYT brought down a "librul" Hollywood producer? Nawwwwww. Impossible

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
3.2  1ofmany  replied to  JohnRussell @3    7 years ago
Once they saw there was a credible witness, the reporters probably felt an obligation to try and get her (them) to come forward.

They had an obligation alright . . . to the Jones campaign. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  1ofmany @3.2    7 years ago

You Bet!

lib50
Professor Silent
3.2.2  lib50  replied to  1ofmany @3.2    7 years ago

That dog won't hunt.  The latest woman who does say he assaulted her when she was 16 is republican and voted for Trump.  This goes beyond politics and its pretty normal for the adversary to make the most of an opponent's scandal.   Its tough shit, karma's a bitch, what goes around comes around.........

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
3.2.3  1ofmany  replied to  lib50 @3.2.2    7 years ago

That dog won't hunt. The latest woman who does say he assaulted her when she was 16 is republican and voted for Trump. This goes beyond politics and its pretty normal for the adversary to make the most of an opponent's scandal. Its tough shit, karma's a bitch, what goes around comes around.........

She has nothing to do with the Post article so my comment still stands and so do my questions about the incident. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2.4  Vic Eldred  replied to  1ofmany @3.2.3    7 years ago

The same paper that also disclosed the "access Hollywood" tapes last year - and that story was released 1 month to an election as well!

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
3.2.5  1ofmany  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.2.4    7 years ago

It’s basically a negative ad for the Hillary, and now Jones, campaign. And they wonder why the MSM has no credibility with some people. 

Junior Participates
3.2.6  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  1ofmany @3.2.3    7 years ago
She has nothing to do with the Post article so my comment still stands and so do my questions about the incident.

It's again necessary to remind everyone that you on the right never have any doubts about the veracity of the any woman's story against a man in politics or other businesses ("Hollywood!!!") which are on your long "enemies list." 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @3    7 years ago

Maybe if we all get thirsty we'll go to Delgado's and get some "mezcal."

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.3.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.3    7 years ago

Ah, you know the movie.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
4  sixpick    7 years ago

All those who live in Alabama, raise your hands.  Oh, I don't see anyone.  Guess you won't be voting. winking

Explorerdog
Freshman Silent
4.1  Explorerdog  replied to  sixpick @4    7 years ago

All those that believe that a standard of conduct for any representative should not exist, raise your hands, looking, looking, no hands do I see.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
5  Skrekk    7 years ago

I want to know why Roy Moore really fled to Australia. Usually that only happens when the crime is pretty serious and crossing a state line doesn't solve the problem.