╌>

Newstalkers POLL ---- Are you embarrassed for our country by the fact that Donald Trump is President Of The United States? 

Category:  News & Politics

By:  johnrussell  •  7 years ago  •  403 comments

Newstalkers POLL ----   Are you embarrassed for our country by the fact that Donald Trump is President Of The United States? 

I have created a poll about President Trump to gauge the attitudes Newstalkers have toward the president. 

In order to access the poll you must go to this link

https://thenewstalkers.com/johnrussell/poll

Please vote

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    7 years ago

Yes. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1  devangelical  replied to  JohnRussell @1    7 years ago

I voted no. I didn't vote for the fucktard in chief, why should I be embarrassed? Trump perfectly represents the people that put him into office. Their values, religious devotion, and general intelligence. He's the cream of the rightwing crop. Point man. The best they have.

Rex Block
Freshman Silent
1.1.1  Rex Block  replied to  devangelical @1.1    7 years ago
The best they have.

Why should I be embarrassed, he's doing what he was elected to do.

And yet he beat the "best" the Democrats could put up.
LOL! applause

nightwalker
Sophomore Silent
1.1.2  nightwalker  replied to  Rex Block @1.1.1    7 years ago

And yet he beat the best the Democrats WOULD put up.

There's a difference. good one

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  nightwalker @1.1.2    7 years ago

Why wouldn't the Dems put up their best? Were they THAT taken with Abuela Clinton?

nightwalker
Sophomore Silent
1.1.4  nightwalker  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.3    7 years ago

I believe they were. The heads of the DNC decided that she was the one, and by golly, she was going to be the one. Obama wasn't supposed to win the election, she was, so they seemed to think it was only fair..

And then they stopped being fair.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  nightwalker @1.1.4    7 years ago

Well, in all fairness, the DNC was handicapped.

We can't ever forget that it was Abuela Hillary's TURN.

Explorerdog
Freshman Silent
1.1.6  Explorerdog  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.3    7 years ago

Trump won of that we all know. The troubling part is also that he was the best they had, we now have become the laughing stock of the world and rightfully so. Putin and China can quibble about who owns trump the most.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
1.1.7  Nowhere Man  replied to  Explorerdog @1.1.6    7 years ago
The troubling part is also that he was the best they had

Not hardly, in fact he was their worst.

The fact he actually won is not saying much for your side is it?

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.1.8  cjcold  replied to  Rex Block @1.1.1    7 years ago

Actually Hillary won the popular vote.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.1.9  Ronin2  replied to  cjcold @1.1.8    7 years ago

Which proves that the majority of voters will cast there ballot for any piece of trash candidate with an R or D behind their names.  No matter how awful they are; and Trump and Clinton were the worst.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.1.10  cjcold  replied to  Ronin2 @1.1.9    7 years ago

If one actually takes an unbiased view at Hillary's accomplishments, one would find her presidential. That's why the far right has always been so scared of her.

Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו
Junior Participates
1.1.11  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.3    7 years ago
Why wouldn't the Dems put up their best?

If you think Trump is the "best" I have nothing but pity for you.  That's the saddest think I can imagine.  

Junior Participates
1.1.12  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  cjcold @1.1.8    7 years ago

And "Anybody But Trump" won the majority of the PV by a landslide.  Saying the only thing that matters is the EV means they're not paying attention or refuse to accept reality. 

OldUSAFGuy
Freshman Silent
1.1.13  OldUSAFGuy  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @1.1.12    7 years ago

Reality of what? Hillary Lost?

Btw before election at one of the debates Hillary BACKED the current system in place.

Soooooooo,

She LOST by the system she backed.

OldUSAFGuy
Freshman Silent
1.1.14  OldUSAFGuy  replied to  cjcold @1.1.10    7 years ago

She couldnt even have an HONEST Debate with Bernie.

OldUSAFGuy
Freshman Silent
1.1.15  OldUSAFGuy  replied to  cjcold @1.1.8    7 years ago

Soooooooo..........

OldUSAFGuy
Freshman Silent
1.1.16  OldUSAFGuy  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @1.1.11    7 years ago

Not the best but better than Hilary.

OldUSAFGuy
Freshman Silent
1.1.17  OldUSAFGuy  replied to  Explorerdog @1.1.6    7 years ago

Hillary was the Dem Best and LOST!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.18  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @1.1.11    7 years ago

Maybe you can read what I wrote again. I never ONCE said Trump was the best, now did I?

But what does THAT have to do with Democrats runni9ng their best--Abuela Hillary?

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.1.19  cjcold  replied to  OldUSAFGuy @1.1.15    7 years ago

Sooooo........ I think the world would be better off with Hillary as President. Everybody is scared of the trump insanity.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
1.1.20  Nowhere Man  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @1.1.12    7 years ago
And "Anybody But Trump" won the majority of the PV by a landslide.

Yeah I've debunked this way back when others a lot more credible than you were making it. Does it pain you that the "Anyone but Hillary" vote also won in a landslide? The mathematics works both ways....

T-Rump won with a plurality, Hillary only got a plurality also. To round it out you can add up everyone that didn't vote for T-Rump and make that argument, but, So can T-Rump add up everyone who didn't vote for Hillary....

So your argument means nothing, just a lot of hot air....

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
1.2  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  JohnRussell @1    7 years ago

Are you embarrassed about trump? or that we caught you cheating?

Dean Moriarty       18 hours ago

This is interesting the activity feed is showing multiple votes by the poll creator. I wonder if a glitch in the system is allowing the poll creator to vote more than once. It is also appearing on the activity feed on the front page. Take notice of the time stamps. 

JohnRussell  
JohnRussell • 40 minutes ago • share this • comments: 8  
Voted on a Poll:  
Newstalkers Poll : Are you embarrassed for our country by the fact that Donald Trump is President Of The United States?

JohnRussell  
JohnRussell • 2 hours ago • share this • comments: 8  
Voted on a Poll:  
Newstalkers Poll : Are you embarrassed for our country by the fact that Donald Trump is President Of The United States?

JohnRussell • 4 hours ago • share this • comments: 9  
Voted on a Poll:  

and then.... later on...

Surfs_Up     replied to    Dean Moriarty   @ 3       6 hours ago

and this morning we find this...

Surfs_Up     replied to    Dean Moriarty   @ 3       2 minutes ago

looks like MSM is running this poll.

You,  mr john russell ,  have no honor.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.3  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @1    7 years ago

fact that Donald Trump is President Of The United States?

Select Option Votes
YES 35
NO 36
You have voted in this poll - thank you!                       The correct side holds a slim lead! 

epistte
Junior Guide
2  epistte    7 years ago

As a reasonably intelligent human, I am deeply embarrassed by Donald Trump and his advisors.  

Gordy327
Professor Expert
2.1  Gordy327  replied to  epistte @2    7 years ago
As a reasonably intelligent human, I am deeply embarrassed by Donald Trump and his advisors.

I was embarrassed when G. W. bush was president.

epistte
Junior Guide
2.1.1  epistte  replied to  Gordy327 @2.1    7 years ago
I was embarrassed when G. W. bush was president.

So was I, but Dubya looks like FDR compared to the Mango Mussolini.

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
2.1.2  lennylynx  replied to  epistte @2.1.1    7 years ago

You mean Hair Hitler?

OldUSAFGuy
Freshman Silent
3  OldUSAFGuy    7 years ago

Better than Hillary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  OldUSAFGuy @3    7 years ago

You are semi-embarrassed. 

epistte
Junior Guide
3.2  epistte  replied to  OldUSAFGuy @3    7 years ago
Better than Hillary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hillary was obviously intelligent and reasonable, even if she was too conservative for my tastes.

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.2.1  devangelical  replied to  epistte @3.2    7 years ago

Careful, the 2020 campaign is just around the corner. She may be the GOtP's candidate when the rest of the conservatives are either resigning, in Federal court, doing time, or hiding in Russia. She might have become a republican if they hadn't gone off end in 79 with the born again trash that now dictate their party policy.

epistte
Junior Guide
3.2.2  epistte  replied to  devangelical @3.2.1    7 years ago
Careful, the 2020 campaign is just around the corner. She may be the GOtP's candidate when the rest of the conservatives are either resigning, in Federal court, doing time, or hiding in Russia. She might have become a republican if they hadn't gone off end in 79 with the born again trash that now dictate their party policy.

Kasich will be the GOP contender in 2020. He is a conservative drone, a Koch puppet and he can speak in complete sentences. The GOP would support Hillary's conservative ideas but the fact that she is a woman makes her untenable to the tea party base.  Hillary and Kasich are not that far apart on economic and foreign policy issues. 

Rex Block
Freshman Silent
3.2.3  Rex Block  replied to  devangelical @3.2.1    7 years ago

You sound angry!

Rex Block
Freshman Silent
3.2.4  Rex Block  replied to  epistte @3.2.2    7 years ago
Hillary and Kasich are not that far apart on economic and foreign policy issues.

Are you serious? She remains the de facto leader of the far left wing of Demo-idiots party

epistte
Junior Guide
3.2.5  epistte  replied to  Rex Block @3.2.4    7 years ago
Are you serious? She remains the de facto leader of the far left wing of Demo-idiots party

Your ad hominem attack is noted.

Hillary Clinton has never been a leader of the progressive wing of the DNC. Hillary Clinton is the establishment Democrat leader but the party is splintering under her.  Progressives such as myself voted for Bernie Sanders in the primary and I still support him.  The far left liberals voted for Jill Stein or stayed home. 

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
3.2.6  lennylynx  replied to  Rex Block @3.2.3    7 years ago

You sound completely ignorant of the politics of your own country.

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.2.7  devangelical  replied to  lennylynx @3.2.6    7 years ago

Too specific.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.2.8  MrFrost  replied to  Rex Block @3.2.4    7 years ago
Demo-idiots party

Brilliant adult comment. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.2.9  Krishna  replied to  Rex Block @3.2.4    7 years ago

Why don't you tell that to Bernie Sanders supporters and see what kind of a reaction you get, LOL!

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
3.2.10  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Rex Block @3.2.4    7 years ago

See now, this is why I say the GOP has gone so far to the Right they can't see left.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
3.2.11  Ronin2  replied to  epistte @3.2    7 years ago

Intelligent and reasonable?  Wow, just wow.

A terrible judge of people (she vetted those Libyan and Syria rebels really well/S); a bastion of the military industrial complex (never met a war she didn't like); and out to enrich the Clinton family by any means necessary.  Would have agreed to any of that.

Could have added conniving and backstabbing (turned on her own trade agreements); paranoid and deceitful (keep believing her private email server wasn't to withhold information); not to mention just plain unlikable (Seems even more unlikable than Trump judging by her not winning anything outside of the leftist coasts). 

Can't believe the Democrats and left are still defending her as a candidate and potential US president.     

cjcold
Professor Quiet
3.2.12  cjcold  replied to  epistte @3.2.5    7 years ago

Sanders is a one trick pony spouting the same rhetoric over and over. Hillary is a thoughtful person with the whole of reality being considered. While I like Sanders in the Senate, I never considered him as Presidential. Pretty sure Hillary would have made a great President.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.13  Tessylo  replied to  epistte @3.2.5    7 years ago

This liberal voted for Hillary.  Did you write in a vote for Sanders?

epistte
Junior Guide
3.2.14  epistte  replied to  Tessylo @3.2.13    7 years ago
Did you write in a vote for Sanders?

I voted Democrat against Trump.  It would have been stupid to do otherwise in a swing state such as Ohio. 

epistte
Junior Guide
3.2.15  epistte  replied to  Ronin2 @3.2.11    7 years ago
Can't believe the Democrats and left are still defending her as a candidate and potential US president.

Hillary is only preferable when the opposition is the TEAparty and Trump. Personally, I think that Hillary was the most reasonable classical Republican in the race, but I am a progressive. 

Hillary won the coasts because that is where the US population majoirty is. She did win the popular vote by a large margin, so the initial polls were correct. The problem with the polls is that they cant take into acocunt the electroial college.  Those large red states in the US that Trump won are largely empty. Acres and wildlife don't vote and farmer Bob only has one vote, despite the fact that he may own more land that the city of NYC or LA.

I'd prefer to see Hillary go away and write her memoirs.

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
3.2.17  mocowgirl  replied to  epistte @3.2.15    7 years ago
Personally, I think that Hillary was the most reasonable classical Republican in the race, but I am a progressive.

I agree.

epistte
Junior Guide
3.2.18  epistte  replied to  NORMAN-D @3.2.16    7 years ago
OMG......That's funny.

Hillary is very intelligent and her policies are reasonably pragmatic, especially when compared to Trump and the current GOP. 

Feel free to list otherwise.

1.)

2.)

3.)

4.)

cjcold
Professor Quiet
3.2.19  cjcold  replied to  Krishna @3.2.9    7 years ago

Actually I like Hillary because she is a centrist.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
3.2.20  cjcold  replied to  Ronin2 @3.2.11    7 years ago

Have you ever looked at her credentials? There's a reason that the far right is scared of Hillary. She's impressive.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
3.2.22  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Have Opinion Will Travel @3.2.21    7 years ago

Yeah, OK, let's see how far off the loony wagon it really is.

All of the "scandals" below have been helped along by rags like World Nut Daily, in fact, it's were this report of Hillary's "scandals" comes from.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
3.4  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  OldUSAFGuy @3    7 years ago
Better than Hillary!

Hillary would have been 100 times better in office. All the smear and lies conservatives believe about her wouldn't have made her the ineffectual bumbling moron that Trump has proved to be.

nightwalker
Sophomore Silent
3.4.2  nightwalker  replied to  Kathleen @3.4.1    7 years ago

What she was and still is, is a Professional Politician. I liked the little touches, the soft southern accent she would have when speaking in southern states, and the way she'd look at the audience and laugh just as loud and exactly as long as they would.

nightwalker
Sophomore Silent
3.4.3  nightwalker  replied to  nightwalker @3.4.2    7 years ago

P.S. A lot of that baggage she carries was/is piled on her by the GOP.

nightwalker
Sophomore Silent
3.4.5  nightwalker  replied to  Kathleen @3.4.4    7 years ago

LOL

No, not a Clinton fan. I know the Dems could have done much better than her.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
3.4.7  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Have Opinion Will Travel @3.4.6    7 years ago
Republicans were smart enough not to nominate Jeb.

Jeb would have been 10 times better as President than dumb ass Donald.

Rex Block
Freshman Silent
3.4.8  Rex Block  replied to  nightwalker @3.4.2    7 years ago

Oh, we just swooned over her insane cackle and those knowing head bobs with pursed lips.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.4.9  Tessylo  replied to  Kathleen @3.4.1    7 years ago
She has too much baggage. I think many were tired of the Clintons.

What baggage?  I and many, many, many others were not tired of the Clintons.  

Speak for yourself dear.  

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.4.10  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @3.4    7 years ago

Remember all the uproar over her missing emails?  Now who is missing emails....yup Trump's golden boy son in law.  Is Trump yelling "LOCK HIM UP!"?  As John Wayne would say "That will be the day."

Rex Block
Freshman Silent
3.4.12  Rex Block  replied to  Tessylo @3.4.9    7 years ago
Speak for yourself dear.

Millions and millions of people were tired of the Clinton Crime Family and their 30 year dynasty.

Severe case of national Clinton fatigue did in the phony, worthless, and good for nothing old pig.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
3.4.13  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Rex Block @3.4.12    7 years ago
Millions and millions of people were tired of the Clinton Crime Family and their 30 year dynasty.

How exactly can you be a "crime family" if there's never been any proven crime you've committed? Or is evidence only required when it comes to sexual assault allegations against Donald Trump and Roy Moore and we should just convict the Clintons with conjecture and assumption? You'd likely still be believing in the supposed Clinton pizza parlor child prostitution ring if it hadn't been proven false by a right wing gun toting nut showing up and scaring the crap out of customers. If Republicans had any actual evidence of a crime Hillary would have been locked up long ago, but the fact is you've got nothing but a lot of hot air that bitter angry conservative pundits have been blowing up your gullible skirts for years.

Oh, and by the way, if you hadn't noticed MILLIONS more Americans voted for Hillary than they did for Donald. Are you claiming the "electoral college" was tired of the Clintons?

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
3.4.14  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3.4.10    7 years ago

Conservative Republican hypocrisy truly knows no bounds. They believe the ends justify the means. They convicted Hillary in their minds not because of anything she did but because of who she was, so the same sort of email issue with Jared won't even bother them.

Junior Participates
3.4.15  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Have Opinion Will Travel @3.4.11    7 years ago
Lock her up

That is just never gonna happen.  I don't know a more civil way to put it but to say it's beyond irrational.  For one thing, Trump's already committed the misdemeanor part of the grounds for impeachment just for encouraging another investigation.  If he keeps up with that shit, he'll be gone.  

OldUSAFGuy
Freshman Silent
3.4.16  OldUSAFGuy  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @3.4.15    7 years ago

Impeachment?

What Grounds?

What Maxine Waters Says?

LOL!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5  Sparty On    7 years ago

As a reasonably successful/intelligent, Family man, Veteran, MS & BS degree holder, volunteer and business owner who is no more embarrassed by Trump than i have been by some previous Presidents.   The answer is no.

But i suppose "that" depends on what the definition of "is" is.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6  Trout Giggles    7 years ago

as a reasonably intelligent woman, wife, mother and Air Force veteran, I am extremely embarrassed that this "man" was elected POTUS.

I, too, am educated

It Is ME
Masters Guide
8  It Is ME    7 years ago

NO !

What truly is embarrassing these days anyway. I've seen MUCH worse.

Yes, I went to the voting booth, and I didn't hang any chads either.

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
10  tomwcraig    7 years ago

I am not embarrassed by Trump being our President.  Now, I am embarrassed by the entire sexually deviant Democratic Party.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
10.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  tomwcraig @10    7 years ago

why is the democratic party any more deviant than the other ones?

user image
Freshman Silent
10.1.1    replied to  JohnRussell @10.1    7 years ago
why is the democratic party any more deviant than the other ones?

E.A Is it because it insists that " Taking it up the Arse is normal "?

Junior Participates
10.1.2  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  @10.1.1    7 years ago
Is it because it insists that " Taking it up the Arse is normal "?

You come up with the most bizarre inventions for what dems/liberals say or think, EA.  And what is this fixation with rightwingers about anal sex?  They seem fascinated by it.  BTW, do you think it's only performed by homosexuals?  This might help you out and give you hope:

I don't pretend to understand the attraction myself but maybe you will. 

user image
Freshman Silent
10.1.4    replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @10.1.2    7 years ago
it's only performed by homosexuals?

E.A  Normally I do not respond to your pandetics as YOU are well aware.. but this is an Example of extra need ::

Do only " Homosexuals " have an Arse? (Anus )

If not, then who else can be an " Anal Deviant "?

So you see " Anal Deviance "a s a Positive in Society?

What do MEDICAL Institutions say about Anal Deviance?

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
10.1.5  Skrekk  replied to  @10.1.4    7 years ago
So you see " Anal Deviance "a s a Positive in Society?

You spend a great deal of time fantasizing about butt sex.

user image
Freshman Silent
10.1.6    replied to  Skrekk @10.1.5    7 years ago

E.A  Reflecting/Projecting are YOU, seek medical assistance!

Junior Participates
10.2  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  tomwcraig @10    7 years ago
Now, I am embarrassed by the entire sexually deviant Democratic Party.

That's as classic a statement of selective moral blindness as you'll ever see. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
10.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  tomwcraig @10    7 years ago

this is particularly a nasty thing to say especially when you paint all Democrats as "sexual deviants"

would it be acceptable if I said all republicans are greedy and small minded?

No, I didn't think so

devangelical
Professor Principal
10.3.1  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @10.3    7 years ago

Make sure you're listening to some 60's rock when you read his response.

epistte
Junior Guide
10.4  epistte  replied to  tomwcraig @10    7 years ago
Now, I am embarrassed by the entire sexually deviant Democratic Party.

How exactly is the Democratic party sexually deviant?

Rex Block
Freshman Silent
10.4.1  Rex Block  replied to  epistte @10.4    7 years ago
Turns out Moore was a Democrat back when the alleged event occurred!

epistte
Junior Guide
10.4.2  epistte  replied to  Rex Block @10.4.1    7 years ago
Turns out Moore was a Democrat back when the alleged event occurred!

You getting your claims friom Rush Limbaugh is noted. The Democrats aren't defending him, unlike Republicans and Christian evangelicals. 

Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh on Tuesday criticized Republicans for distancing themselves from Alabama GOP Senate candidate Roy Moore, while saying that Moore was a Democrat at the time he allegedly engaged in sexual misconduct with teenage girls.

“Did you know that before 1992, when a lot of this was going on, that Judge Moore was a Democrat?” Limbaugh said on his radio show . “Nobody said a word.”

“When he supposedly was attracted to inappropriately-aged girls — he was a Democrat,” Limbaugh added.

Limbaugh also went after Republicans who have called on Moore to step aside from the race.

“No matter what the real stories are here, and no matter what the evidence is, these guys, these people on the Republican side, are making it clear they are going to prevent this guy from ever being seated in the United States Senate,” Limbaugh said.

Moore earned an appointment to the circuit trial court in Etowah County in 1992 after switching his political affiliation from Democrat to Republican, according to Politico .

Rex Block
Freshman Silent
10.4.3  Rex Block  replied to  epistte @10.4.2    7 years ago

So you're agreeing with what Limbaugh said??

epistte
Junior Guide
10.4.4  epistte  replied to  Rex Block @10.4.3    7 years ago
So you're agreeing with what Limbaugh said??

Limbaugh is a liar who feeds his dittoheads half-truths. Did you ever wonder why Moore was a southern Democrat until Clinton was elected POTUS? Maybe there is a reason there? 

Krishna
Professor Expert
10.4.5  Krishna  replied to  epistte @10.4.4    7 years ago
why Moore was a southern Democrat until Clinton was elected POTUS? Maybe there is a reason there?

Hillary needs to be impeached and removed from oriface!

Jimmy Kimmel Asks People If Hillary Clinton Should Be Impeached

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
10.5  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  tomwcraig @10    7 years ago
I am embarrassed by the entire sexually deviant Democratic Party.

And I am embarrassed by the entire sexually repressed Republican party that has produced so many pedophiles and closeted gays. If you're born gay, be yourself, embrace your sexuality and stop hiding just because you have bitter uptight sexually repressed parents and peers trying to force a flawed fantasy religion on you.

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
10.6  tomwcraig  replied to  tomwcraig @10    7 years ago

So, you all have selective memories now.  Forgot about Harvey Weinstein's OPEN Secret of sexually harassing and assaulting women while giving money to the Democratic Party?  Forgot about Bill Clinton and all the support he had against Paula Jones, et al, before settling with the Whitewater Investigation by giving up his law license and paying Paula Jones $800,000?  Now, we are hearing about Senators Al Franken and Robert Menendez along with more and more actors in Hollywood, and you wonder why I said what I said?  Are you all that blind to what you support?

EDIT: Have you ever heard of the phrase "Guilty by association"?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
10.6.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  tomwcraig @10.6    7 years ago

You call that sexual deviancy?

Sexual deviancy is pedophilia, beastiality, and necrophelia.

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
10.6.2  tomwcraig  replied to  Trout Giggles @10.6.1    7 years ago

So, rape and sexual harassment are acceptable and legal behaviors according to society now?

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
10.6.3  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  tomwcraig @10.6.2    7 years ago
So, rape and sexual harassment are acceptable and legal behaviors

Of course not. But, according to the president, "when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything."    

"

Trump: Yeah, that’s her. With the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

Bush: Whatever you want.

Trump: Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything.

What a great role model for the men of America to have. What's this crap the republicans keep saying about responsibility ?  Talks cheep evidently. Money rules.

One good thing about all this coming out, maybe we can finally start cleansing this society of the sexual divide and accept equality more. 

Sophomore Guide
10.6.5  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Have Opinion Will Travel @10.6.4    7 years ago

thank you.

trump's quote is a copy and paste from somewhere that really didn't seem it wanted my to copy it . I'll see if I can find a different copy of his quote.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
10.6.6  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @10.6.3    7 years ago

Men supporting him I can understand because too many have the same locker room mentality.  It is the women who support him that I don't understand.  Most of these women are mothers of daughters and for them to support him are sending those daughters the wrong message.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
10.6.7  Dean Moriarty  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @10.6.6    7 years ago

I get it. They were smart enough to see the fake news for what it was. That is why he hasn’t been arrested or charged for any of those false claims. They know Howard Stern is a shock jock and that garbage is for entertainment purposes and shouldn’t be taken seriously. 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
12  Hal A. Lujah    7 years ago

Trump is only a skosh more embarrassing than the members here who voted no.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
12.1  Sparty On  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @12    7 years ago

Right back at ya but inverted ..............

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
12.1.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Sparty On @12.1    7 years ago

Yes, I'm sure the world is looking at America and is embarrassed for the Americans who aren't continually praising our worthless, ignorant, lying, corrupt, racist, sexist pig of a President*.  Sure.

Rex Block
Freshman Silent
12.1.2  Rex Block  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @12.1.1    7 years ago

So....what's he done to piss you off so much, that you're reduced to blubbering incessently that he is a bad man? You sound really upset and angry.

What are you doing to turn this all around next by November. Whining and crying and name calling won't get you there.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
12.1.3  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Rex Block @12.1.2    7 years ago

So....what's he done to piss you off so much,

I’m embarrassed for you, for not knowing the answer to that question.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
12.1.4  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @12.1.3    7 years ago

Hal , we have to suffer ignorance. That is the lot in life right now for anti-Trumpers on NT. 

Rex Block
Freshman Silent
12.1.5  Rex Block  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @12.1.3    7 years ago

So you can't answer the question?

Typical.

Sophomore Guide
13  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu     7 years ago

Are You Embarrassed For Our Country By The Fact That Donald Trump Is President

Embarrassed no, surprised ? Yes.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
13.1  Colour Me Free  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @13    7 years ago

This audience of one stands and applauds 

Sophomore Guide

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
14  Jeremy Retired in NC    7 years ago

Not in the least.  

Jonathan P
Sophomore Silent
17  Jonathan P    7 years ago

I am not embarrassed that Trump is President.

I am embarrassed by the processes that got him into the position to be elected President. 

I am periodically embarrassed by some of the things he says, although not by as many things as some others might be.

I am embarrassed that a portion of the media that passes for "legitimate" ran more than 90% of their airtime reporting negative stories on him.

I am embarrassed that, while he wants rapid legislation on key matters, he constantly says and does things that distract the very group that is supposed to be acting rapidly.

I am, and have always been embarrassed to read the things that my fellow Americans have to say about our country in general, and our President specifically, while giving a pass to the atrocious behaviour of others.

I am embarrassed that our President watches a lot of TV.

I am embarrassed that our vaunted legislative body no longer works together to make life better for our citizens, because they find greater value in protecting the position they have been elected to by those very same people.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
17.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Jonathan P @17    7 years ago

He is on pace to lie or mislead 8,000 times in public statements during his first term in office. 

Sophomore Guide
17.1.1  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  JohnRussell @17.1    7 years ago

At the current rate we'er looking at 32,000 lies per term. I wonder if that is a new world record, donny loves beating world records. It makes him feel superior to the rest of us.

stay the course...lol

sarc

MrFrost
Professor Expert
17.1.2  MrFrost  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @17.1.1    7 years ago

Everything trump does is the greatest, biggest, best in history, always.. His impeachment should be EPIC. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
17.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @17.1.2    7 years ago

I remember many folks claiming Trump would never win.

Claiming something doesn't make it so.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
17.1.4  MrFrost  replied to  Texan1211 @17.1.3    7 years ago
Claiming something doesn't make it so.

True. The right screamed that Hillary was, "going to prison any day now", for over 20 years.. Never happened, never will. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
17.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @17.1.4    7 years ago

I believe many also said she wouldn't win.

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
17.1.7  mocowgirl  replied to  Texan1211 @17.1.3    7 years ago
I remember many folks claiming Trump would never win.

I figured Trump would win as soon as Clinton was handed the nomination in a weak field of Democrats and this was before I found out she had taken over the DNC in 2015.

In early 2016, the money was behind Clinton and Bush.  It appeared that Trump was jockeying to play Perot, but kept winning in spite of being the most outrageous candidate in a field of loony tunes.   Trump seemed highly incensed that he just couldn't drop out of the race and play spoiler and he said even more outrageous things (I did not believe it was possible.)

If Trump doesn't nuke the world out of existence before 2020, it will be interesting to see if the Republicans and Democrats can come up with younger candidates to lead this nation into the future of improving this nation's schools and infrastructure instead of working on empire building under the guise of having a moral obligation to compel our young men and women to be the world's police force and our workforce to fund the world's largest offensive army.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
18  author  JohnRussell    7 years ago

CURRENT POLL RESULTS

60% Not Embarrassed By Trump

40% Embarrassed By Trump

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
18.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @18    7 years ago

Is that an embarrassment to you?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
18.1.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @18.1    7 years ago

This isnt my web site. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
18.1.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @18.1.1    7 years ago

Nor is it my country, and I'm one of the few who can rightly say he isn't my president, so I didn't cast a vote in this poll.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
18.1.3  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @18.1.2    7 years ago

You can cast a vote if you want. You are quasi-American by osmosis. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
18.1.4  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JohnRussell @18.1.3    7 years ago

Yes it's true that I'm a NORTH American, but I can't fit through a strainer.

Rex Block
Freshman Silent
18.1.5  Rex Block  replied to  JohnRussell @18.1.1    7 years ago

But it is your poll, and you're obviously embarrassed by the results.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
18.1.6  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Rex Block @18.1.5    7 years ago

Embarrassed by it? LOL, I expected it.  I know how to read the preponderance of opinion on this site. 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
18.1.7  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Rex Block @18.1.5    7 years ago

This poll just goes to show how lopsided the NT membership is with the majority leaning conservative. In the general public Trump has a 37% approval rating and 57% disapproval rating and just within the last month it was as low as 33% approval and 62% disapproval. The majority of Americans are embarrassed by the clown in the oval office and didn't vote for him. The thin margin electoral win made him President, but it certainly wasn't what most Americans wanted, and after 11 months in office the majorities fears are proving true. He is a lying, incompetent, racist, sexist, narcissistic moron who is incapable of being Presidential. He's already had to fire more of his own staff picks than any other prior President at this point in a term, has no major legislative wins, hasn't built his wall or brought back coal jobs as he promised, has taken credit for the already steadily improving economy that had already seen record high DOW and record low unemployment, he merely road the existing trend to slightly higher DOW numbers and .03% lower unemployment numbers, he claimed to have saved thousands of Carrier jobs but they have fired more than half of those he claimed to have saved, his big brave missile attack on Syria barely dented an empty airfield that was up and running within 48 hours but cost us millions in munitions, he fed the Russians "code word" intelligence in an attempt to impress them, he's refused to implement the additional sanctions on Russia that were signed by a super majority in both the house and Senate, he's belittled our country by getting into a twitter war with Kim Jong Un, he's insulted just about every ally of western democracy has including our own intelligence apparatus while never saying a single negative thing about Vladimir Putin who he only has praise for regardless of the fact they deployed active measures against us in the last election, he's insulted Puerto Rican's during a humanitarian crisis, he's suggested forcibly oppressing the free media dismantling the first amendment, he's an inarticulate speaker bumbling over every one of his speeches and he's defended Nazi's and the KKK. Is he the poorly educated bullies favorite champion? Of course he is, he's one of them, but thankfully that is not the majority of America so we simply have to suffer through this embarrassment while the poorly educated cheer and rejoice at the metaphorical poop they have flung at Washington because they all hate the "elitist" who have actual educations and well paying jobs, those they call "the establishment". Is the "establishment" perfect? Of course not, they could use some serious reform, but to break the whole system just because you're not getting what you want is not only stupid, it's dangerous. It's like replacing an experienced commercial pilot who's flying your plane with the half-drunk idiot real estate salesman in seat 6B just because you experienced some turbulence. 

JaneDoe
Sophomore Silent
18.1.10  JaneDoe  replied to  Kathleen @18.1.8    7 years ago

I was thinking the same thing. My old eyes can't handle it.

Sophomore Guide
18.1.12  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Release The Kraken @18.1.9    7 years ago
I voted like 20 times so it's not accurate.

LOL I just voted 20 times opposite, the balance is restored.

Explorerdog
Freshman Silent
18.1.14  Explorerdog  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @18.1.7    7 years ago

Bigly awesome and spot on! Unfortunately the results are not yet in as to whom the win goes to is it putin or china that now owns trump 51%. China told him to shut up and sit down which he did without blinking and only had a slight residual pout, that moved them slightly ahead.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
18.1.15  Jasper2529  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @18.1.7    7 years ago

Sorry, I don't bother reading comments that contain paragraphs that are 15 - 30+ lines long. 

Sophomore Guide
18.1.16  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Release The Kraken @18.1.13    7 years ago
But I didn't say how I voted.....

I know, neither did I. 

lol

OldUSAFGuy
Freshman Silent
18.1.17  OldUSAFGuy  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @18.1.7    7 years ago

So you are trying to say there is not many around here suffering from Hillary LOST Butt Hurt Bern?

About Sums it Up?

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
18.1.18  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  OldUSAFGuy @18.1.17    7 years ago
suffering from Hillary LOST Butt Hurt Bern?

Not at all. As I point out, I'm frustrated at the horrible job the clown is doing. If he'd surprised me and done a great job I wouldn't be frustrated at all, but that's not the case.

I apologize for not breaking up my comment into more paragraphs, but the run-on sentence was mostly intentional. It was an attempt to give the feel for how Donald's first 10 months has felt to anyone with a brain and a decent civics education. Just one mistake after another happening so fast we can hardly draw a breath in between. 

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
19  lennylynx    7 years ago

How can anyone who cares about this country, not be?

Rex Block
Freshman Silent
19.1  Rex Block  replied to  lennylynx @19    7 years ago

You have no logical reason to feel the way you do.

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
21  lennylynx    7 years ago

I guess I haven't voted yet:

Yes, the bloviating ignoramus is a total embarrassment for this country and everyone in it.

Rex Block
Freshman Silent
21.1  Rex Block  replied to  lennylynx @21    7 years ago

Maybe you'll grow up and learn to get over it by the next election. You can't admit that Hillary was corrupt sorry POS of a candidate.

Explorerdog
Freshman Silent
21.1.1  Explorerdog  replied to  Rex Block @21.1    7 years ago

You can't admit we have the worst representative of the United States in our history and he is on track to widen the gap canyon scale.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
21.1.2  It Is ME  replied to  Explorerdog @21.1.1    7 years ago
You can't admit we have the worst representative of the United States in our history and he is on track to widen the gap canyon scale.

Obama already did that Track, round and round and round those tracks numerous times, under the FUCKING LIE of being inclusive.

How is Trump making it any worse ? Because he has shifted things AWAY FROM THE SNOWFLAKE WANTS ?

I hope he get's rid of Obamas so-called snowflakish Whiney new world order scale.

Who the hell wants to be like losers that have been around thousands of years longer than this country, and still don't surpass us.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
22  author  JohnRussell    7 years ago

Current poll results

46% embarrassed by Trump

54% Not embarrassed by Trump

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
22.1  lennylynx  replied to  JohnRussell @22    7 years ago

I noticed a few no votes from people who think Trump is a terrible president.  They are totally anti-Trump, just not embarrassed.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
22.1.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  lennylynx @22.1    7 years ago

ok

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
23  The Magic 8 Ball    7 years ago

this is the first time in over 50 yrs we had a president who is keeping his promises...  the liberal world order is dead, 

trump is kicking butt on the world stage as well..  much better than obama by far.

so no. not embarrassed one bit.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
23.1  MrFrost  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @23    7 years ago
this is the first time in over 50 yrs we had a president who is keeping his promises

So the wall is done, the ACA has been replaced with something wonderful, (on day one), and Hillary is in prison? Tax cuts for the middle class? Nope. Trump has literally accomplish nothing since he has been in office with the exception of being the undisputed president that golfs the most. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
23.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  MrFrost @23.1    7 years ago

I lost my trust in him when he renegged on moving the US Embassy to Jerusalem - it was a definite promise he had made.  IMO the fact that he renegged lost any fear or concern the Palestinians may have had that would have brought them with hat in hand to the negotiating table. They realized he was not a strong force for them to contend with. 

Sophomore Guide
23.1.2  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Buzz of the Orient @23.1.1    7 years ago
I lost my trust in him when 
I lost my trust and respect for trump the day he threatened the voters of Iowa.
He said " Vote for me or I'll remember you if I'm elected"
I had never heard a politician threaten the voters for more power ever before. My mouth dropped and I knew then he was not someone I could ever support. 

I refuse to give power to anyone who threatens me for even more power, that's ludicrous IMO where does that shit stop ? 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
23.1.3  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @23.1.1    7 years ago

Trump has been a serial liar all his life.  Why would you ever believe him in the first place? 

Explorerdog
Freshman Silent
23.1.4  Explorerdog  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @23.1.1    7 years ago

What would that price tag have been?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
23.1.5  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Explorerdog @23.1.4    7 years ago

Sorry, but I'm not sure about what you mean by "price tag"?  Do you mean what would the detriments be for moving the embassy?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
24  MrFrost    7 years ago

I am embarrassed my trumps actions, to be honest. Pushing other leaders out of the way so he can be in front? That's pretty damn childish. Mocking disabled people and the endless stream of lies? Yea, it's embarrassing. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
24.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  MrFrost @24    7 years ago
I am embarrassed my trumps actions, to be honest. Pushing other leaders out of the way so he can be in front?

and then he posed like a peacock. 

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
25  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    7 years ago

I'm so embarrassed, that I'm embarrassed for the people who aren't embarrassed.

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
25.1  lennylynx  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @25    7 years ago

Thank-you, Sister, the unembarrassed are even more embarrassing than Trump himself!

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
26  Nowhere Man    7 years ago

Current poll results

43.6% embarrassed by Trump

56.4% Not embarrassed by Trump

Sophomore Guide
26.1  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Nowhere Man @26    7 years ago

LOL that says more about NT than trump.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
27  livefreeordie    7 years ago

No I'm not embarrassed.  Embarrassing is having lived through 8 years of Comrade Hussein Obama.

We've had 4 decent presidents in the past 100 years.  Coolidge, JFK, Reagan, and Trump. The rest all loved marxist statist government

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
27.1  lennylynx  replied to  livefreeordie @27    7 years ago

Less than a year into his term you put Trump in the top four presidents of the last 100 years??  How embarrassing!

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
27.2  Nowhere Man  replied to  livefreeordie @27    7 years ago
We've had 4 decent presidents in the past 100 years.

Four best presidents since William H Taft.........

Purely subjective you know.....

So here goes....

Kennedy/Reagan; you can flip then between #1 and #2 all you want, about equal in my book.

Roosevelt/Eisenhower; a good solid #3 or #4......

In no particular order......

pat wilson
Professor Participates
27.2.1  pat wilson  replied to  Nowhere Man @27.2    7 years ago

Not bad choices.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
27.3  MrFrost  replied to  livefreeordie @27    7 years ago
Comrade Hussein Obama.

Signed,

Donny Trump, aka, "Putins Puppet". 

Explorerdog
Freshman Silent
27.3.1  Explorerdog  replied to  MrFrost @27.3    7 years ago

China's bitch

Explorerdog
Freshman Silent
27.4  Explorerdog  replied to  livefreeordie @27    7 years ago

Maybe trump can start a heroin importation that will move him to the top of your list.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
28  Nowhere Man    7 years ago

Current poll results

42.5% embarrassed by Trump

57.5% Not embarrassed by Trump

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
29  bbl-1    7 years ago

What ever.  At least with a Clinton presidency the coal waste from a dying Coal Industry would not be dumped back into the streams, Goldman Sachs Mnuchin wouldn't be at Treasury, ExxonMobil wouldn't be Secretary of State, bible up your nose Gorsuch would not be on the Supreme Court and we would not be subjected to a daily dose of a disheveled, unwashed Bannon on the TV everyday.

Embarrassed by Trump.  Hardly.  I've followed Trump for thirty years and he's the same thing he's always been.  A liar, cheat and a fraud.  His single most redeeming quality is his uncanny ability to sucker people while he 'divests' them of their money.

Krishna
Professor Expert
30  Krishna    7 years ago

Are You Embarrassed For Our Country By The Fact That Donald Trump Is President Of The United States?

This strikes me as a very bizarre question.

Why should I be embarressed by what someone else does? 

Should I be embarressed that Trump was elected? Should I be embarressed that Hillary was nominated? Should I be embarressed that some American citizen shot up a lot of people in Los Vegas? Should I be embarressed at the Orlando Nightclub shooting? Sandy Hook?

Every day some American commits a violent crime-- from liquor store robberies to ordinary muggings-- should I personally be embarressed by those?

Or should Ijust be embarressed by what some politician does:

Should I be embarressed by what Roy Moore did to those girls? 

Should I be personally embarressed by slavery? By us dropping nukes on YUGE numbers of Japanese civilians in WWII?

Should I be personally embarressed by Bush starting a war in Iraq? 

Why should I be personally embarressed by anything someone else does?

Some people seem to be in a permanent state of guilt or embarressment-- they see an opportunity to feel bad everytime someone else does something bad. But if they are trying to inflict their emotional problems on me-- fergeddaboudit!

Sophomore Guide
30.2  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Krishna @30    7 years ago
Are You Embarrassed For Our Country By The Fact......

I kinda of agree but sometimes stuff isn't written just like I would have written it . But that doesn't mean I dont understand what was meant.

I may have worded it something like:

are you embarrassed BY our country's ...last election  or what ever. 

Being a part of that country BEING embarrassed BY the country is understandable if that country does embarrassing things.

For/by... who really cares too much ? 

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
31  Nowhere Man    7 years ago

Current poll results

44.2% embarrassed by Trump

55.8% Not embarrassed by Trump

sixpick
Professor Quiet
32  sixpick    7 years ago

masaaki yuasa GIF

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
32.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  sixpick @32    7 years ago

why are you posting off topic videos on this article? 

Krishna
Professor Expert
32.1.1  Krishna  replied to  JohnRussell @32.1    7 years ago
why are you posting off topic videos on this article?

Are you embarressed by that video?

sixpick
Professor Quiet
32.1.2  sixpick  replied to  JohnRussell @32.1    7 years ago

I don't consider it off topic.  Actually there have been many off topics comments on this article and after reading all of them the only thing I could think of was Ping Pong.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
32.1.5  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Release The Kraken @32.1.4    7 years ago

You seem to have a thing about midgets.  Were you scared of the Wizard of Oz Munchkins when you were a kid?

Kavika
Professor Principal
33  Kavika     7 years ago

If the two that ran for president are the best that the America has to offer, well that is embarrassing.

Trump, IMO is an embarrassment.

Bluestride
Freshman Silent
35  Bluestride    7 years ago
Not any more than I was when Obama was President.

Explorerdog
Freshman Silent
35.1  Explorerdog  replied to  Bluestride @35    7 years ago

Then you haven't been paying attention, no foreign leaders owned Obama, now we have two trying to figure out which is the majority owner.

Rex Block
Freshman Silent
35.1.1  Rex Block  replied to  Explorerdog @35.1    7 years ago

Try to explain what you just said, if you can.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
36  Dean Moriarty    7 years ago

This is strange when you look at John’s activity feed it shows him voting in this poll three times. I’m not sure if that is possible or could be a glitch in the system allowing the poll creator to vote more than once.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
36.1  Texan1211  replied to  Dean Moriarty @36    7 years ago

Maybe he wasn't getting the results he wanted, so he voted to get the desired results?

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
36.2  Jasper2529  replied to  Dean Moriarty @36    7 years ago
This is strange when you look at John’s activity feed it shows him voting in this poll three times. I’m not sure if that is possible or could be a glitch in the system allowing the poll creator to vote more than once.

and  36.1      Texan1211     replied to    Dean Moriarty   @ 36       2 minutes ago

Maybe he wasn't getting the results he wanted, so he voted to get the desired results?

I don't know how well NewsTalkers can track/identify parachute accounts, but I do know that there were Newsviners (both left and right, politically) who managed to keep multiple accounts and skewed NV polls. For them, it seemed to be a game more than anything else. 

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
37  The Magic 8 Ball    7 years ago
 here is how the poll would look if john russell had not voted 10 times  (or more)
YES                       18
NO                           31

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
37.1  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @37    7 years ago

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
38  The Magic 8 Ball    7 years ago

my apologies John. 

it seems the owner of the site was working on the site and inadvertently cast multiple votes in your name.

Cheers   :)

bugsy
Professor Participates
39  bugsy    7 years ago

What I'm embarrassed about is that NT allows someone to put up such an idiotic poll in the first place.

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
40  lennylynx    7 years ago

Holy crap...it's tied!!