╌>

'You were forever young': Celebrities mourn the loss of David Cassidy

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  perrie-halpern  •  7 years ago  •  5 comments

'You were forever young': Celebrities mourn the loss of David Cassidy

David Cassidy has died at the age of 67, his family confirmed in a statement to NBC News.

"On behalf of the entire Cassidy family, it is with great sadness that we announce the passing of our father, our uncle, and our dear brother, David Cassidy," the statement read. "David died surrounded by those he loved, with joy in his heart and free from the pain that had gripped him for so long. Thank you for the abundance and support you have shown him these many years."

ABC via Getty Images
David Cassidy on "The Partridge Family" in 1972

On Saturday, Cassidy's representative   told TODAY   that the singer and "Partridge Family" star had been hospitalized for liver and kidney failure and was in critical condition. Earlier this year, Cassidy revealed he was   battling dementia.

Friends and fans of the beloved 1970s teen idol took to social media to express their sadness after news spread of Cassidy's passing.

so sad to hear of the passing of david cassidy... he was always so kind to me - such a pleasure to have had him on my show... sending love and prayers to his family... R.I.P. friend   ❤️

I’m very sad to hear about David Cassidy. There were times in the mid-1970s when he would come over to my house and we even started writing a song together. He was a very talented and nice person. Love & Mercy to David and his family.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.    7 years ago

David Cassidy will always be a part of my youth. My sister loved him more than any other pop star of the time. I personally loved their clean pop music. The band, The Partridge Family was based on the real life band The Cowsills. 

Here is my favorite Partridge Family song and my favorite Cowsills song. Rest in peace David. I will remember you the way you were in this video and dream back to when I was just a kid. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  JohnRussell    7 years ago