╌>

Let's liberate blacks from left-wing politics

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  singled-out-2  •  7 years ago  •  258 comments

Let's liberate blacks from left-wing politics

What we call a racial divide today is really a partisan divide.

A new Quinnipiac University poll shows yet another perspective on the deep racial division in our country.

According to the poll, 86 percent of blacks compared to 50 percent of whites say that President Trump does not "respect people of color as much as he respects white people."

However the partisan divide is even greater than the racial divide.

Ninety-one percent of Democrats compared to 12 percent of Republicans agree with the statement that President Trump is racially biased against people of color.

Bottom line: What we call a racial divide today is really a partisan divide.

... Careful reasoning would shine light among black voters that we have a president who is an independent thinker and who has the courage to fight against an entrenched status quo - and fighting against an entrenched status quo is something African-Americans need.
Consider the remarks of Rep. John Lewis, who decided to not attend the opening of the new Civil Rights Museum in Mississippi because Trump announced he would attend. Lewis called Trump's attendance "an affront to the veterans of the civil rights movement."

Or the president of the NAACP who also announced he would not attend because of Trump's attendance. NAACP President Derrick Johnson called Trump's attendance at the museum's opening "a distraction from us having the opportunity to honor true Americans who sacrificed so much to ensure that democracy works."

But the "insult" to civil rights comes today from these very black leaders who claim to represent this movement.

The leaders who fought in the 1960s for civil rights fought for freedom and against stereotyping any individual because of their race. Freedom means living and thinking freely according to one's judgment and conscience. That is, blacks may have conservative as well as liberal views.

In 2016, 8 percent of black voters, or 1.2 million people, voted for Donald Trump. But these 1.2 million blacks don't exist in the view of today's "civil rights" leaders.

Like the Dred Scott decision in 1857, which declared blacks inhuman and therefore not eligible to be American citizens, so-called black leaders of 2017 declare the same status for black Republicans and black conservatives.

About 15 percent of black men between ages of 18 and 54 voted for Donald Trump.

A black leadership whose primary interest is black freedom, rather than left-wing politics, would be asking why this many black Americans voted for Donald Trump.

More careful reasoning would shine light among black voters that we have a president who is an independent thinker and who has the courage to fight against an entrenched status quo. And fighting against an entrenched status quo is something African-Americans need.

As Housing and Urban Development secretary, Dr. Ben Carson is creatively finding new approaches to the largely failed government housing programs.

Republican Senator Ted Cruz introduced an amendment to the tax bill just passed in the Senate that expands 529 college savings plans, which enables tax-free savings to pay for college, to include K-12 education. This will allow all parents to save tax-free and spend up to $10,000 per year on expenses for public school, private school, religious schools and home schooling.

This has huge implications for black parents and children. America's most famous home-schooled American is Simone Biles, who won four gold medals in the 2016 Olympic Games.

Soon the Trump administration and Congress will move on reforming our bloated and inefficient welfare programs. We are spending some $900 billion annually on anti-poverty programs that are helping to bankrupt the country and doing a very poor job improving the quality of life for the Americans these programs are designed to help. Black leaders should be anxious to participate in this vital and historic effort to do a much better job in how we assist low-income Americans.

It's in the interest of every African-American to start thinking about freedom. This is what the civil rights movement was about – not left-wing politics.   https://www.onenewsnow.com/perspectives/star-parker/2017/12/14/lets-liberate-blacks-from-left-wing-politics

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Another Fine Mess
Freshman Silent
1  Another Fine Mess    7 years ago

In economic terms after eight years of President Obama, how have African Americans fared?

Have they gained, or lost ground?

epistte
Junior Guide
1.1  epistte  replied to  Another Fine Mess @1    7 years ago

The current GOP wont condemn the Klan or Neo-Nazis so why should any minority decide to vote republican?

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.1.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Shepboy @1.1.1    7 years ago

Why exactly do we have to "look forward" to their condemning white supremacy? What's the delay? This seems like something that anyone should have already done. When informed they haven't yet condemned white supremacy any rational American would say "Oh, we haven't yet? Well we condemn them unequivocally. Done". It shouldn't need to be scheduled for some time in the unforeseeable future unless one is still trying to appease some of their supporters penchant for white supremacy.

Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו
Junior Participates
1.1.3  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Shepboy @1.1.1    7 years ago
Our President has.

Bullshit he has.  He famously maintained that there were "good people" on both sides -- meaning that he considers some nazis are good people.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @1.1.3    7 years ago
some nazis are good people.

I'm sure they love their mothers....

Another Fine Mess
Freshman Silent
1.1.5  Another Fine Mess  replied to  epistte @1.1    7 years ago
The current GOP wont condemn the Klan or Neo-Nazis so why should any minority decide to vote republican?

I'm sorry, but that doesn't answer my question, if you don't know the answer just say so. As for voting, I would expect people to voting for what they perceive to be their best interest. Yes, economics are only part of the equation, but they are an important part, hence my question.

epistte
Junior Guide
1.1.7  epistte  replied to  Shepboy @1.1.1    7 years ago
He is the public figure, Head of State and he made it clear his views. The GOP , im assuming the law makers.. are not in a position to take the media light all the time to give opinions on everything.

His views are very obvious after Charlottesville.  He has no condemned the Klan or Neo-Nazis.

You have some pretty bad dudes on the other side also': Trump reignites white supremacist uproar saying there were 'very bad people' on both sides of the Charlottesville race riot

epistte
Junior Guide
1.1.8  epistte  replied to  Another Fine Mess @1.1.5    7 years ago
I'm sorry, but that doesn't answer my question, if you don't know the answer just say so. As for voting, I would expect people to voting for what they perceive to be their best interest. Yes, economics are only part of the equation, but they are an important part, hence my question.

The current GOP are still fighting the Civil War so why would anyone whose epidermis isn't the same shade as Wonder Bread vote Republican?  The GOP economic platform is even more clear than their racism. Unless you earn more than $250K a year you are an idiot to vote Republican.

Another Fine Mess
Freshman Silent
1.1.9  Another Fine Mess  replied to  epistte @1.1.8    7 years ago
The current GOP are still fighting the Civil War so why would anyone whose epidermis isn't the same shade as Wonder Bread vote Republican?

Again, irrelevant to my question. Is there some reason you don't want to answer?

As to your point, the simple fact is a percentage are voting Republican.

The GOP economic platform is even more clear than their racism. Unless you earn more than $250K a year you are an idiot to vote Republican.

So, you freely acknowledge there are rationales for individuals to vote Republican, doesn't that rather negate your initial point?

epistte
Junior Guide
1.1.10  epistte  replied to  Another Fine Mess @1.1.9    7 years ago
So, you freely acknowledge there are rationales for individuals to vote Republican, doesn't that rather negate your initial point?

How many people who currently vote Republican earn much less than $250K per annum? The fact that those same people must ignore morality and history to vote Republican shouldn't be ignored.

Tax cuts do not create jobs because they do not stimulate demand by consumers. Instead of a tax cut spend this same amount of money on fixing our failing infrastructure and we will see many jobs created, both short and long term. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.1.13  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Shepboy @1.1.12    7 years ago

I'm an accountant, and in most cases, no they don't. They pocket the money. I wish it was true, but it isn't. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.1.15  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Shepboy @1.1.6    7 years ago
There are no more Nazis.. its a ridiculous word to even use.

You are kidding, right? Who do you think marched in Skokie? 

Read about them here: 

This might not be personal to you, but it is to me. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1.16  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.4    7 years ago

Apparently they were good enough to bring to the US and work for the US Government.  Look up Operation Paperclip.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.17  JohnRussell  replied to  Shepboy @1.1.6    7 years ago

As for good people. I am sure that there are good people in the white supremacist party.  By that I mean that may be some of the nicest people, doing good deeds for others, helping other people out.  Then there are times they may not be good at all.

So Trump wasnt lying when he said there are good people on both sides. 

It is not in the purview of the president of the United States to announce that there are "some good people" in the white supremacist movement. 

Does it mean a lot to you that white racists be seen as "good people"? 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.1.18  Sean Treacy  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.1.15    7 years ago

That was 40 years ago. If the best evidence you have of a Nazi movement is from 1977.....

Also, the Nazi's never marched in Skokie.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.1.20  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Shepboy @1.1.6    7 years ago
I am sure that there are good people in the white supremacist party.

By claiming your race superior to others you are dehumanizing others based on their skin color which is evil. As for your ridiculous analogy to atheists being good or bad people, they are not dehumanizing anyone by not believing in your imaginary sky wizard. It's an apples and orangutans comparison.

Also, if I see a large group of people marching waving swastika flags chanting "Jews will not replace us!" that definitely means there are still Nazis. Sure, maybe they don't have the government support as they did back in the 1930's, but they still exist and the vile ideology lives on and there were no good people among them. Anyone who can adopt the disgusting ideology of genocidal racists is not a good person.

epistte
Junior Guide
1.1.24  epistte  replied to  Shepboy @1.1.12    7 years ago
Yes they do !! If corporations have excess money they can invest it in giving people more jobs, which means more people will be getting taxed and spending money on items that will be taxed.

Why would they invest in hiring when tax cuts for the top 10%  do not create consumer demand? You don't understand capitalism because that goal is to make more of your money to be theirs. The goal isn't to create more jobs and the wealth doesn't trickle down. Wealth always goes up and the tax cuts only makes it go up faster.  All the tax cuts do is to blow up the deficit.

Do you trust Forbes?

If the tax cuts delivered to the wealthy by President Bush are the shining beacon of policy to be used when making the case that reducing taxes leads to increased jobs numbers, tax hawks are going to have to go back to the drawing board or hope that the dishonestly of their political pitch can survive the truth come election day because the facts just don't back up the assertion.

It turns out that Politifact had already taken a look this issue as a result of a claim made by Speaker John Boehner  during a 2011 appearance on "The Today Show" where Boehner was singing the job creating praises of the Bush tax cuts—a claim that the fact checking organization determined to be wholly false.

Another Fine Mess
Freshman Silent
1.1.25  Another Fine Mess  replied to  epistte @1.1.10    7 years ago
How many people who currently vote Republican earn much less than $250K per annum?

Well this is certainly a rationale for voting Trump, this clearly provides at least one possible answer to your original point.

As to the point you raised here, I have no idea, but given that 62 million Americans voted Republican, I doubt they all earned over 250k. Now if you just want to discuss African Americans, around 8% voted for Trump, do you really want to suggest that the majority of the African American that earn over 250k voted for Trump, see link below. 

The fact that those same people must ignore morality and history to vote Republican shouldn't be ignored.

Yes, people often see their version as the only correct form of morality, unfortunately it isn't, morality is entirely subjective.

Regardless, 8% did vote for Trump, this doesn't answer my original question.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.26  Sparty On  replied to  epistte @1.1.24    7 years ago
You don't understand capitalism

Look who's talking.    You do understand that prior to this tax cut the US corporate tax rate was among the highest in the developed world.   Well above the average.

So, lower corporate tax rates means the US becomes more attractive for companies to move here over other countries with higher tax rates.    Like the US is now.   More companies here generally means more jobs.    More here jobs generally means more tax revenue.

Pretty basic stuff, even for a liberal.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.27  Kavika   replied to  Sparty On @1.1.26    7 years ago

Do you understand the difference between the stated tax rate and the effective tax rate? Here is a link that shows what corporations actually pay in federeal taxes.

Sorry the link isn't working...You can just copy and paste it to your browser if you want to learn the real amount of taxes that corporations pay.

The one thing that I haven't been able to find out is with the reduction in corporate tax rates to 21% are the current tax breaks going to be removed. Perhaps you know the answer to that Sparty. 

The other thing that is a question is the individual tax breaks sunset out, yet the corporate tax reductions don't...Wonder what the reason for that is....

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.28  Sparty On  replied to  Kavika @1.1.27    7 years ago

Yes, I own a business and I understand tax rates, marginal, effective or otherwise.

I can't get that link to work, might be my tablet, regardless, if that study doesn't compare other countries effective tax rates it's not a good comparison.

The proposed law is so new I'm not sure what's in it 100%, not sure many really do, so I can't answer your question but from my understanding of it, my small company (corporation) will get a large break on our "effective" corporate tax rate.   We will save money, money that becomes available for other things.   It's nonsense to automatically assume it won't get spent.   I mean how can anyone with no understanding of my business say that?    The answer is, they can't.    It will get spent if it makes good business sense.   Period.

The disinformation being spread by both sides is volumous though I will agree with that.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.29  Kavika   replied to  Sparty On @1.1.28    7 years ago

Sparty, I did not say that your saving would not be spent. In fact I didn't mention anything about how saving for any corporation would be spent or not spent. 

Here is my experience with the corporation that I worked for. It was a billion dollar plus per year in revenue. Our effective tax rate ranged between 14% and 16.5%. When we accumulated extra cash, which is what the tax cut to the large corporations will do, the first thing that we did was buy back stock, second was a larger dividend to the shareholders and finally bonus to the executive branch. 

Another thing that we invested in was automation. This, of course, eliminates jobs. 

Of course small businesses need some tax break's, but, IMO the tax breaks across the board for the large corporations is a mistake. 

epistte
Junior Guide
1.1.30  epistte  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.26    7 years ago

If the US effective tax rate is so high then why did 20% of large companies pay no income tax?

Nearly a fifth of profitable U.S. corporations pay no federal income taxes.

That's according to a new analysis by the U.S. Government Accountability Office, which was asked to explore the issue of corporate taxes by Sen. Bernie Sanders. In 2012 (the most recent data available), 19.5 percent of larger companies -- defined as those with at least $10 million in assets -- that reported earnings paid no income tax that year, the GAO found.

Overall, including businesses that didn't report a profit, roughly two-thirds of all larger companies in the U.S. had no federal income tax between 2006 and 2012.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.31  Sparty On  replied to  Kavika @1.1.29    7 years ago
Sparty, I did not say that your saving would not be spent.

Yeah i didn't mean you did.    Others here have and regularly do.   Some in this thread.    Typical misinformation dealt by some on the left.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.32  Sparty On  replied to  epistte @1.1.30    7 years ago

So a tax cut couldn't help companies like that.    Right?     Nothing from nothing leaves. nothing.     You gotta pay something ..... if you wanna get a tax cut.   Right?

that said, why would companies like that be for a tax cut if they aren't paying any now?

Regardless, my company will save money.    Most small businesses will.   Is that okay with you?

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.33  Kavika   replied to  Sparty On @1.1.31    7 years ago
Others here have and regularly do.   Some in this thread.    Typical misinformation dealt by some on the left.

Well Sparty the comments were between you and I...I suppose I could say the same about the right. But I was trying to have a discussion. 

Have a good evening.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.34  Sparty On  replied to  Kavika @1.1.33    7 years ago

Well Kavika, we were having a conversation.    Just because you apparently don't like what is being said doesn't change that.    The comment in question is cogent to the discussion at hand since the left commonly argues against the tax cuts for those reasons which they can't know are true.    My company is proof of that.   Their comments along those lines are just plain disingenuous and bear discussion, especially if it embarrasses the left by exposing their disinformation. 

i did have a good evening, thx.   Hope you have a fine day today.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.35  Kavika   replied to  Sparty On @1.1.34    7 years ago
just because you apparently don't like what is being said doesn't change that.

Apparently you didn't understand my comment. I did support tax relief for small businesses. A blanket statement like yours about the left being disingenuous on the tax question is, in itself, disingenuous.  

I always have a great day. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.1.36  Dulay  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.28    7 years ago
It's nonsense to automatically assume it won't get spent.

Then it's nonsense to automatically assume it WILL get spent too, isn't it? 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.37  Sparty On  replied to  Kavika @1.1.35    7 years ago
Apparently you didn't understand my comment.

I understood it perfectly and responded accordingly.    You didn't like my comment for partisan reasons .... too bad.

I did support tax relief for small businesses.

I'm not prejudiced about it.   I support tax relief for all business.    Large and small.   We are all over taxed in comparison to the rest of the developed world. 

A blanket statement like yours about the left being disingenuous on the tax question is, in itself, disingenuous.

When a comment is true it can not, by definition, be disingenuous.    Perhaps you did not notice that I never said ALL those on the left, so it isn't a blanket statement.    And you have to look no further than this thread to find what I'm talking about.  But nice try attempting to put words in my mouth

I always have a great day.

Well now, that is just outstanding!!    Good for you!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.38  Sparty On  replied to  Dulay @1.1.36    7 years ago
Then it's nonsense to automatically assume it WILL get spent too, isn't it?

I'm not saying that but folks like you are arguing against the tax cut by stating it won't get spent and therefore not have a positive effect.   As a small business owner I can tell you that simply isn't true for us.    So there you go.

Unfortunately your use of the Pee Wee Herman "I know you are but what am I" attack falls flat here

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.39  Kavika   replied to  Sparty On @1.1.37    7 years ago
I understood it perfectly and responded accordingly.    You didn't like my comment for partisan reasons .... too bad.

Pot meet kettle....You made the first partisan comment.

I'm not prejudiced about it.   I support tax relief for all business.    Large and small.   We are all over taxed in comparison to the rest of the developed world. 

Facts dispute that comment.

When a comment is true it can not, by definition, be disingenuous.    Perhaps you did not notice that I never said ALL those on the left, so it isn't a blanket statement.    And you have to look no further than this thread to find what I'm talking about.  But nice try attempting to put words in my mouth.

You only have to look at the conservative talking points to see that I didn't try to put words in your mouth.

Well now, that is just outstanding!!    Good for you!

Thank you.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
1.1.40  lady in black  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.38    7 years ago

So how many employees will you be hiring if and when you get your tax break?

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.1.41  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.32    7 years ago
why would companies like that be for a tax cut if they aren't paying any now?

This proposed tax cut will simply increase the percentage of companies that pay zero taxes from 20% to 50%. The tax loop holes are still there. And, why should we be competing with 3rd world country tax rates anyway? Apparently Republicans want the US infrastructure to resemble Cambodia, Bosnia and Albania. I'm sure that will work out just fine... /s

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.42  Sparty On  replied to  Kavika @1.1.39    7 years ago
Pot meet kettle....You made the first partisan comment.

I disagree, what commment do you consider partisan?

Facts dispute that comment.

For a fact, to be a fact, it actually has to true and not just an opinion.   Again, what comment do you think is prejudice?

You only have to look at the conservative talking points to see that I didn't try to put words in your mouth.

Now you're just babbling.   That is exactly what  you tried  to do

Thank you.

you are most welcome and a hearty Merry Christmas season to you and yours!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.43  Sparty On  replied to  lady in black @1.1.40    7 years ago

can't really say, that is dependent on a lot of things in my business.    What I can tell you is it would free  up more money to pay higher  wages/benefits to existing employees and to purchase more of the things which will help us get more work and therefore be able to hire more employees.    And that is exactly what we would do with such a windfall.

Have you ever owned a business?    Had to meet a payroll?    Paid  the fees and taxes required in  running a business?

lady in black
Professor Quiet
1.1.44  lady in black  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.43    7 years ago

Yeah right.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
1.1.46  lady in black  replied to  Have Opinion Will Travel @1.1.45    7 years ago

Never wanted to own a business.  I do well enough where I work thank you.  

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.47  Kavika   replied to  Sparty On @1.1.42    7 years ago
I disagree, what commment do you consider partisan?

This one....

Typical misinformation dealt by some on the left.

For a fact, to be a fact, it actually has to true and not just an opinion.   Again, what comment do you think is prejudice?

I gave you a link that showed that corporations do not pay anywhere near 35% in taxes, as did others. You choose not to accept facts.

Now you're just babbling.   That is exactly what  you tried  to do

LOL, lack of facts on your part is me babbling, nice try but a complete fail.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
1.1.48  magnoliaave  replied to  lady in black @1.1.44    7 years ago

How can you disagree with Sparty when you haven't owned a business nor had to meet a payroll?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.49  Sparty On  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.1.41    7 years ago

Nice disinformation.    Do you consider Euro countries "third world?"    Their average Corp income tax is around 19%.     The worldwide average is around 23%.    The US is currently at 39%.

Corp. tax rates around the world. 2015

The spin you apply to that one should be amusing.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
1.1.50  lady in black  replied to  magnoliaave @1.1.48    7 years ago

One does not need to own a business to understand payroll etc., unless one is a complete moron.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.1.51  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.49    7 years ago
The US is currently at 39%.

Yet 20% pay zero taxes and the average tax paid by corporate America is 18.6%, below the global average. The 39% is completely imaginary due to all the loopholes in our tax laws. If this proposed tax cut was actually closing loopholes like carried interest then proposing 21% would make sense, but it doesn't, it's just a huge giveaway to corporate America who is going to do the exact same thing they did last time they got a tax cut, buy back their stock, give money to their shareholders and increase their CEO bonus. It's a fantasy that they will hire new workers without actual demand requiring them to do so. This tax cut does nothing to increase demand. The $1.5 trillion would be better spent on infrastructure that actually creates jobs repairing the dismal condition of our roads, bridges, water, power and sewer utilities. That would put money directly into the pockets of workers where it will almost immediately be spent driving up demand for goods and services. But Republican fat cats have their half wit constituents convinced that trickle down economics will work this time, even though it's never worked in the past.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.52  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  epistte @1.1    7 years ago

Simply ridiculous.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.53  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Shepboy @1.1.11    7 years ago

That dream is a lie.  Trump was indeed critical of white supremacy groups, the neo nazis, and kkk.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.54  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  epistte @1.1.8    7 years ago

Why would we be supporting the democrat rebellion against America?  As for the tax cuts, I make about 1/5th that 250k number and expect a sizable increase in revenue as a result of that cut.  And yes, I live in California.  That 10k SALT they allowed for will cover all of my state and local taxes and mortgage deduction combined.  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.55  Sparty On  replied to  lady in black @1.1.44    7 years ago

So you choose to remain misinformed and ignorant regarding the topic at hand?

Got it.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.56  Sparty On  replied to  lady in black @1.1.50    7 years ago

Only a complete moron thinks they understand what it takes to run a business, if they have never run one.

There are many reasons a majority a new businesses fail within the first few years.   One of the big ones is that people think they understand more about how it's done successfully than they really do.

"Arrogance diminishes wisdom"

- Arabian proverb

See it all the time.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.57  Sparty On  replied to  Kavika @1.1.47    7 years ago
Typical misinformation dealt by some on the left.

The truth hurts doesn't it.   Some on the left clearly use that lie.   Again, look no further than this thread.   Please stop lying about it yourself.

I gave you a link that showed that corporations do not pay anywhere near 35% in taxes, as did others. You choose not to accept facts.

Your understanding of this topic is evidently sophomoric at best.   Do you know the biggest reason why some some US corporation pay less than 39%?   I bet you don't.   You'll just regurgitate the usual left wing nonsensical propaganda.

LOL, lack of facts on your part is me babbling, nice try but a complete fail.

Nah, the complete fail is your sorry attempt to put words in my mouth.   You'll need to be much more clever than you appear to be to get away with that here.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.58  Kavika   replied to  Sparty On @1.1.57    7 years ago

Typical response from someone that can't deal with reality and uses attacks as their defense..LMAO...

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.59  Sparty On  replied to  Kavika @1.1.58    7 years ago

Lol ..... keep on spinning your web of lies if that's what works for you but i'm not buying.   I suggest you move along and try to sell your BS elsewhere.

Explorerdog
Freshman Silent
1.1.60  Explorerdog  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.43    7 years ago

Translates to zero! Just like the question posed to a large gathering of corporate execs by the trump administration, when asked how many were going to invest that windfall into growth and hiring two hands were raised. Most will be buying back stock, rewarding shareholders and giving large bonuses to upper management just like the last two trickle on you tax giveaways. 

Explorerdog
Freshman Silent
1.1.61  Explorerdog  replied to  Another Fine Mess @1.1.25    7 years ago

Then we have the warm and fuzzy pass through that give huge advantages to those that are paid that way. When so many trumpets see him as the non politician and that makes him more like them it is really a knee slapper that they identify with a New York billionaire cause that makes them just like him, how detached can something that breathes become.

Explorerdog
Freshman Silent
1.1.63  Explorerdog  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1.54    7 years ago

And you seriously cover the infrastructure and other tax supported bennies for the red states which would dry up without the federal teat.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.64  Sparty On  replied to  Explorerdog @1.1.60    7 years ago

So what if that's true, which i doubt that it is entirely.   The lions-share of businesses in this country are small businesses and most like us will likely reinvest any tax windfalls back into their business in one way or another.

Honestly, i can't understand why so many on the left are so "anti" small business.   Small business is the biggest engine that drives the economy in this country.

No wonder Trump won.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.65  Sparty On  replied to  LMM @1.1.62    7 years ago

Typical myopic liberal view.

It's not just my personal profit.   It's also my employees, my customers, my townships, my states and in the end my countries ...... 1.7 trillion?   Doubtful if the fed will get out of the way

Liberal fiscal policy is an economic dead end for small business in general

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
1.1.66  Spikegary  replied to  epistte @1.1    7 years ago

Giving the Neos and the Kluckers free press?  Why should they?  Even negative press is still press to those assclowns.

Rhyferys
Freshman Silent
1.1.67  Rhyferys  replied to  Shepboy @1.1.12    7 years ago
Yes they do !! If corporations have excess money they can invest it in giving people more jobs, which means more people will be getting taxed and spending money on items that will be taxed.

Nice that you think so, but try and find any history that supports your statement. CEO's have been interviewed and they all pretty much say the same thing. The money will go to shareholders and into buying back stock. No one creates jobs because they have money,, you create jobs when there is a demand. Since almost none of the money will go to the poor and middle class, who would spend it, you have no new demand and no new jobs. Trickle down has never worked, and will not now, it's the very definition of insanity.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.69  Trout Giggles  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.1.16    7 years ago

You're not the only person who pays attention, ya know. I know exactly what Operation Paperclip was and it's how Von Braun managed to escape prosecution for war crimes and ended up at NASA where he became the "Father of  Space Travel"

Rhyferys
Freshman Silent
1.1.70  Rhyferys  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.26    7 years ago
You do understand that prior to this tax cut the US corporate tax rate was among the highest in the developed world.

Wrong on 2 counts.

1. While on paper, it looked like businesses in the US were paying a 35% rate, but in reality, they actually paid about 20%.

2. Most other countries that we are comparing ourselves to also have value added taxes, which we do not.

3. Looking at the stock market and the employment rate, businesses in the US are doing great, they obviously do not need a tax cut. What is the worst is that, in the future , a recession is inevitable. Now, when that happens, we can't lower tax rates to help. That is why the Fed is raising interest rates as fast as they safely can, which will work against economic growth.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.71  Sparty On  replied to  Rhyferys @1.1.70    7 years ago

Wrong on 2 counts.

Nope, wrong on all three counts:

1. While on paper, it looked like businesses in the US were paying a 35% rate, but in reality, they actually paid about 20%.

Our scheduled Corp Income Tax rate is 35%.   There are various reason some pay less.   Do you know what some of the largest reasons for that are?

2. Most other countries that we are comparing ourselves to also have value added taxes, which we do not.

I thought we were talking about corporate tax rates and not VAT taxes.   A VAT tax is not specifically a business tax.   It's a general consumption taxand therefore is not a good comparison to make.   VAT taxes typically affect everyone, not just businesses.   It is an erroneous comparison to make for multiple reasons.

3. Looking at the stock market and the employment rate, businesses in the US are doing great, they obviously do not need a tax cut. What is the worst is that, in the future , a recession is inevitable. Now, when that happens, we can't lower tax rates to help. That is why the Fed is raising interest rates as fast as they safely can, which will work against economic growth.

That's not the point of the reduction.   The point is to attract business back to the US and thereby reduce the number of exclusions and exceptions to the current law which allows for a lower than 35% for some.   Most small businesses like mine don't have the luxury of all those big business exceptions and exclusions so we do end up paying the full 35%.  

A reduction will hit home throughout the US.   Right in the small business, middle class bread basket.   By far the majority of businesses in the US.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.72  Sparty On  replied to  LMM @1.1.68    7 years ago

Lol, fiscal advice coming from tax and spend liberals ...... serenity now!

Rhyferys
Freshman Silent
1.1.73  Rhyferys  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.71    7 years ago
The point is to attract business back to the US and thereby reduce the number of exclusions and exceptions to the current law which allows for a lower than 35% for some.

Too bad you have not nor will you ever see the Trump administration do anything to reduce the exclusions and exceptions. I understand you have dunk the kool-aid, but for the rest of us, we see through this very easily. This is designed to make trump and his friends richer on the backs of those middle class and the poor whose "benefits" run out shortly, leaving them paying higher taxes, while Trumps buddies tax cuts are permanent. Like Oedipus, you must have put your eyes out with golden needles so you don't have to see.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.74  Sparty On  replied to  Rhyferys @1.1.73    7 years ago

Nah, as a small business i more than welcome the corporate tax cuts.   It makes sense, it's logical as long as you aren't drinking "goofy grape" liberal koolaide    And i am not one of Trumps buddies.   In fact i'm about as far away from that as possible.

Honestly i find it hard to fathom how so many liberals can be so "anti" small business.   I guess they are too obtuse to understand that small business primes the economic pump in the US.  

It sure as shit isn't big government.    Government rarely primes the pump but usually sucks it dry with taxes, spending, deficits and debt. 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.1.75  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.74    7 years ago
as a small business i more than welcome the corporate tax cuts.

So how many new employees will you be hiring with your tax cuts?

"Government never created anything but taxes, deficits and debt."

So did you fly to work today? Or maybe use a publicly funded roadway? Do you hire private police and fire to protect you from crime and fire? Do you pay the whole cost for the public utilities who provide water, power and sewer services to your home and business? Did you pay for private military to keep you safe from foreign invaders? Do you pay directly for your own judges and courts that apply penalties to people who attempt to illegally ruin your business or rob your employees or your home?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.76  Sparty On  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.1.75    7 years ago

So how many new employees will you be hiring with your tax cuts?

That question has been asked and i've answered it several times.   I'm done answering it to people who aren't listening anyway.

Government didn't create any of that.    The people who paid the taxes to fund it did.   Government is just the facilitator of the peoples will.   They don't do jack-squat without a tax base

Another Fine Mess
Freshman Silent
1.1.77  Another Fine Mess  replied to  Explorerdog @1.1.61    7 years ago

You've missed the point of the discussion I'm involved in, the original question was

"In economic terms after eight years of President Obama, how have African Americans fared?

Have they gained, or lost ground?"

Rather than elicit an informational response, it was met with what I'd describe as an emotional response. I have little interest in the Americas obsession with racial politics, I was seeking factual information, not emotional drivel.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
1.1.78  lady in black  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.56    7 years ago

Most businesses it takes at least 5 years to make any money.  I have known people that have opened up businesses to close them in a couple of years.  I may not have opened my own business but I have learned from others that have.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.79  Sparty On  replied to  lady in black @1.1.78    7 years ago

What have you learned from that experience?    I'm curious about that.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
1.1.80  lady in black  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.79    7 years ago

First, not to open a business...lol...

A cousin opened a liquor store...did not make it past 2 yrs.

A cousin opened a health food type store for animals...did not make it past 2 yrs.

Been asked to front money to open a business...didn't do it, business never opened.

A friend opened a restaurant...didn't last 2 yrs.

Worked for a time as a restaurant manager, dealt with year end, P&L statements etc.

During my time as a restaurant manager, saw the owners spending like wild fire and then they had to claim bankruptcy and sell the business that they had for over 20 yrs.  Some weeks they barely made payroll, sometimes we had to pay people out of the daily receipts instead of cutting a check.

Which all leads to why I would never want to own a business.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.81  Sparty On  replied to  lady in black @1.1.80    7 years ago

All of that just reaffirms what I'm saying.     Few thing are as gratifying as operarting a business and helping to make it successful.     Happy employees making money, happy customers enjoying the services you are offering, happy government entities that you're paying fees and taxes to ..... yeah, it's not for everyone.

we are in our 41st year by the way ......

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.1.82  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.76    7 years ago
Government didn't create any of that.    The people who paid the taxes to fund it did.   Government is just the facilitator of the peoples will.

Yes, the government is just the facilitator of the will of the people, but you have to have a facilitator to get the will of the people accomplished. You have to have a government who the people can instill with their will. Otherwise we have anarchy. So you recognize the necessity of the government, you just don't like it when the government isn't doing something for you all the time and does other peoples will as well. They build and repair roads I may never drive on, but other people will. They put out fires on other peoples homes, my house might never burn down for all I know. There are some things we just can't privatize and manage just for those who use it and the burden must be born by all citizens.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.83  Sparty On  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.1.82    7 years ago
You have to have a government who the people can instill with their will. Otherwise we have anarchy.

No argument there.    It only becomes a problem when the government in question becomes less about serving the people it supports and more about serving itself.    We are there right now in a  lot of ways.  Here are some examples.   Some of the nicest buildings in my county are government buildings and in many cases there is no good reason for it.  

No reason a fire barn has to be "architecturally" pleasing.   Put up a functional pole type building with all the bells and whistles inside to support the fire fighters mission and that's it.    We have township hall buildings that could be on the cover of architectural digest.   Its all just overkill driven by bloated, kingdom building government and it is wrong.   I see it all over the country, local, state and federal.

So you recognize the necessity of the government, you just don't like it when the government isn't doing something for you all the time and does other peoples will as well. They build and repair roads I may never drive on, but other people will.

Where did i ever say any of that.    I didn't.  

Between individual and company i do pay an exorbitant amount of taxes and fees when compared to many others.   I only bitch about it when people allude that i don't pay a fair share.   And i've notice the people bitching are usually the ones paying little to nothing in and sucking heavily off the government teet.   I didn't build that teet but i sure as shit am one of the ones paying heavily for it to be built and sucked on.

So yeah, i'm all for a tax break and you know what?   I'll still be paying an exorbitant amount of fees and taxes when compared to many others.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.1.84  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.83    7 years ago
i've notice the people bitching are usually the ones paying little to nothing in and sucking heavily off the government teet.

I think that is most often in your mind imagining liberals to be the vast majority of those on welfare and entitlements. The fact is that the vast majority of "liberal" States are paying more in taxes than they take in entitlements unlike the majority of "conservative" States. I make over 6 figures and pay a lot in taxes as well so when conservatives bitterly lump me in with the supposed "taker class" I resent it because it's far from true. The reality is that 55% of Americans have benefited from some government entitlements and it's a virtual tie between liberals, conservatives and moderates as to who benefits.

"The Pew survey finds virtually no difference in the share of conservatives (57%), liberals (53%) or political moderates (53%) who have been assisted by at least one entitlement program."

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.85  Sparty On  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.1.84    7 years ago
I think that is most often in your mind imagining liberals to be the vast majority of those on welfare and entitlements.

So now you know what's in my mind eh?   Nice trick.   Care to tell me what i'm thinking now?

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.1.86  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.85    7 years ago
Care to tell me what i'm thinking now?

Well, your comments reveal you like blaming liberals for just about everything so it's safe to believe you blame them for being the "taker class" you think is responsible for the entitlement programs you hate your tax dollars being used for as I mentioned.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.87  Sparty On  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.1.86    7 years ago

Wrong, i'm thinking you should stop trying to put words in my mouth.   You haven't been correct yet.

Please stop, much appreciated.

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
1.2  Willjay9  replied to  Another Fine Mess @1    7 years ago

Dude stop being disingenuous! You know full well if Obama had done anything that openly benefited ONLY blacks, your collective heads would have exploded! You all damn near had a coronary when Robert Reich said that the stimulus spending shouldn't only help white males....Oh! the roaches came out of the word work claiming Obama was only trying to help black people! So please don't use that little fact as a cudgel when the truth is you could care less if blacks gained or loss. 

Another Fine Mess
Freshman Silent
1.2.1  Another Fine Mess  replied to  Willjay9 @1.2    7 years ago
You know full well if Obama had done anything that openly benefited ONLY blacks, your collective heads would have exploded!

You shouldn't make assumptions, I'm not American. 

I believe people should vote for those that benefit them the most, there is no problem, or issue with this concept.

You all damn near had a coronary when Robert Reich said that the stimulus spending shouldn't only help white males....

There you go making assumptions again, I've never heard of Robert Reich. 

Oh! the roaches came out of the word work claiming Obama was only trying to help black people! So please don't use that little fact as a cudgel when the truth is you could care less if blacks gained or loss. 

Yet more assumptions, and still no where near an answer.

I'll make it simple for you, I vote according to my perceived interests, so why wouldn't I expect others to do the same?

So. Ill ask again, this time try and get near an actual factual response 

In economic terms after eight years of President Obama, how have African Americans fared?

Have they gained, or lost ground?

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
1.2.2  Willjay9  replied to  Another Fine Mess @1.2.1    7 years ago
So. Ill ask again, this time try and get near an actual factual response

Comedy! If you're not American then what concern of it of yours if African Americans are better or less well off under Obama? If you are not American then what are you and are blacks in your country better or worse off since your political leaders took office?......Before you start complaining about how dirty someone else's kitchen is....make sure there's not a roach or two running around in your cupboards!

But to answer your question, it's been mixed. The unemployment rate even though it has always been higher than whites isn't as bad as it was when he took office with it ending at 8% as opposed to the 12% when he took office. the median income for blacks have increased not as much as whites but still better than we he first took office, same as blacks in poverty...take all those into account and its a toss up.....but once again, what does it matter to you? Was it Obama's job to ONLY think about blacks specifically, and if he did would you stood by him in doing it or called him a racist for only helping blacks and not whites?

Another Fine Mess
Freshman Silent
1.2.3  Another Fine Mess  replied to  Willjay9 @1.2.2    7 years ago
Comedy! If you're not American then what concern of it of yours if African Americans are better or less well off under Obama?

I'm ex NV, it's a matter of long standing record that I'm British. As for the latter, he was the last President, it's neither irrational or unreasonable to ask about his record. 

In Britain we see articles like this

It makes me wonder why people would continue to vote for a system that doesn't seem to work for them.

If you are not American then what are you and are blacks in your country better or worse off since your political leaders took office?......

As I've already stated I'm British, historically our political/economic fault lines run on class rather than race.

Before you start complaining about how dirty someone else's kitchen is....make sure there's not a roach or two running around in your cupboards!

So asking a question is classed as complaining. 

But to answer your question, it's been mixed. The unemployment rate even though it has always been higher than whites isn't as bad as it was when he took office with it ending at 8% as opposed to the 12% when he took office. the median income for blacks have increased not as much as whites but still better than we he first took office, same as blacks in poverty...take all those into account and its a toss up.....

Wouldn't it have been easier to answer as you've done now, rather than play games?

but once again, what does it matter to you?  

I'm sorry, but is it a requirement that I'm American? Is this an American only site?

Was it Obama's job to ONLY think about blacks specifically, and if he did would you stood by him in doing it or called him a racist for only helping blacks and not whites?

As I've said he was the last Democrat in office, he served two terms as President, it isn't irrational or unreasonable to ask how African American fared under his administration.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.2.4  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Willjay9 @1.2    7 years ago

We just wanted him to do things that would openly benefit all Americans domestically and things that would benefit America in the rest of the world.  Two totally alien concepts to Obama.  

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
1.2.5  Willjay9  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.2.4    7 years ago
Two totally alien concepts to Obama.

Really?! So you're another one that's under the delusion that we are worse off then we were when Obama took office?!

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.3  Dulay  replied to  Another Fine Mess @1    7 years ago
In economic terms after eight years of President Obama, how have African Americans fared? Have they gained, or lost ground?

Since I'm pretty sure that you wouldn't accept any data showing ANY economic growth during the Obama Administration, no matter what the demographic, the question is moot. 

Capt. Cave Man
Freshman Silent
1.3.1  Capt. Cave Man  replied to  Dulay @1.3    7 years ago
Since I'm pretty sure that you wouldn't accept any data showing ANY economic growth during the Obama Administration, no matter what the demographic, the question is moot.

In otherwords, Obama didn't help black people at all.

And truth be told, he set them back by about 70 years.

Oh well, just glad I didn't have to go thru being black under Obama!  Must have been hard to have that much hope in one man, and have him take a giant shit on you.

Another Fine Mess
Freshman Silent
1.3.2  Another Fine Mess  replied to  Dulay @1.3    7 years ago

Why do individuals keeping making assumptions?

Oh, I see, it's not an assumption. It's justifying a failure to answer, and attempting to place the supposed blame onto me. 

Why the games?

If an individual doesn't want to give an honest answer, why bother answering at all?

Supported evidence for a position is not only welcomed by me, but actively encouraged.

If you have data to show economic growth for African Americans under Obama, why not just link it and let the evidence speak for itself?

Why the games?

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.3.3  Dulay  replied to  Another Fine Mess @1.3.2    7 years ago
If you have data to show economic growth for African Americans under Obama, why not just link it and let the evidence speak for itself?

Here you go:

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.3.4  Dulay  replied to  Capt. Cave Man @1.3.1    7 years ago
And truth be told, he set them back by about 70 years.

Link? 

Capt. Cave Man
Freshman Silent
1.3.5  Capt. Cave Man  replied to  Dulay @1.3.3    7 years ago

Your link was a nice long read, and interesting statistics, but nowhere in the entire thing did it show any economic up tick for any minorities during any time of the Obama years compared to where they were before Obama took office.

Nice try, but next time read what you link.

Another Fine Mess
Freshman Silent
1.3.6  Another Fine Mess  replied to  Dulay @1.3.3    7 years ago
Here you go:

Now was that really difficult?

Wasn't that easier than trying to playing games?

As for real median household income, your information seem to support an earlier link of mine. It shows that African American real median household income was lower in 2016, than it was in 2000, (see the chart of page 5) although it does show an increase across the board from 2014.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.3.7  Dulay  replied to  Capt. Cave Man @1.3.5    7 years ago

but nowhere in the entire thing did it show any economic up tick for any minorities during any time of the Obama years compared to where they were before Obama took office.

Nice try, but next time read what you link.

Some choose just to ignore the data and some just don't have an ability to read cogently. 

Table 3, page 13. 

Change in percentage of demographic in poverty between 2015 - 2016

White .  –0 .6

White, not Hispanic .–0 .3

Black .–2 .1

Asian .  –1 .3

Hispanic (any race) .  –2 .0

Note that although Blacks and Hispanics had the LARGEST reduction in poverty, EVERY demographic had a reduction in poverty during that time. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.3.8  Dulay  replied to  Another Fine Mess @1.3.6    7 years ago
As for real median household income

You asked for 'economic terms' NOT 'median household income'. 

Any thinking person would agree that poverty is an 'economic term'.

Games? 

Now, as for real median household income, let's look at which demographics gained MORE in that time period. 

The differences between the 2015–2016 percentage changes in median income for: 

non-Hispanic White (2.0 percent)

Black (5.7 percent)

Hispanic (4.3 percent)

Asian (4.2 percent) 

Capt. Cave Man
Freshman Silent
1.3.9  Capt. Cave Man  replied to  Dulay @1.3.7    7 years ago

At the very end there was a reduction in poverty that began during the early Obama years, so basically, they started to get back to where they were before the Obamafag took office...

They never did recover under Obozo, but, under Trump, the economy is humming, they have recovered their losses, and they are looking to be going into real positive territory, unless the Democrats can somehow put the brakes on the economy.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.3.10  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Capt. Cave Man @1.3.9    7 years ago

Actually CC you aren't taking into account the Bush years on poverty. Poverty increased under Bush and, then started to drop under Obama before the 2012 election, now this may be in part due to some of the policies put into place near the end of Bush's presidency and, what Obama did during his, both administrations could have had a hand in it. Here, a little reading for you.

The chart provided in the link makes it easier to understand.

Capt. Cave Man
Freshman Silent
1.3.11  Capt. Cave Man  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.3.10    7 years ago
Actually CC you aren't taking into account the Bush years on poverty. Poverty increased under Bush and, then started to drop under Obama

That is completely false.

Poverty hit rock bottom under Obama, and started to recover under Obama, but never recovered to pre Obama levels.  Fortunately for the minorities, we now have a President that is taking them up out of the Obama gutters, and putting them to work!

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.3.12  Dulay  replied to  Capt. Cave Man @1.3.9    7 years ago
they have recovered their losses, and they are looking to be going into real positive territory

Link? 

Oh and BTW, your use of demeaning names for the previous POTUS is juvenile. 

Another Fine Mess
Freshman Silent
1.3.14  Another Fine Mess  replied to  Dulay @1.3.8    7 years ago
You asked for 'economic terms' NOT 'median household income'.

Try reading the evidence you provided, this comes from it!

So, rather than me rejecting evidence, we have you rejecting part of the evidence you provided.

Now, as for real median household income, let's look at which demographics gained MORE in that time period. 

Yet, according to your evidence, Whites, Asians, and Hispanics are all above where they were in 2000, African Americans aren't.

Games? 

Yes, rather than provide evidence, you posted

Do you know me in anyway shape or form?

No, so there is no logical basis for the above claim.

Did I rejected your evidence?

No, so the above claim is baseless. 

Do you see what I mean?

This kind of nonsense isn't conducive to open and honest debate, it's attempting to score points for a perceived side. It solves nothing, it achieves nothing.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.3.15  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Dulay @1.3.12    7 years ago

So, no demeaning names for Trump from you then? Can we make a deal where no one here uses demeaning names against all Presidents current and past in discussing issues regarding them?  

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.3.16  Dulay  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.3.15    7 years ago
So, no demeaning names for Trump from you then?

No. 

Can we make a deal where no one here uses demeaning names against all Presidents current and past in discussing issues regarding them?

Are you claiming that you have control of what your brethren post on this site? Hilarious. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.3.17  Dulay  replied to  Have Opinion Will Travel @1.3.13    7 years ago

Back away from the pipe. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.3.18  Dulay  replied to  Another Fine Mess @1.3.14    7 years ago
Yet, according to your evidence, Whites, Asians, and Hispanics are all above where they were in 2000, African Americans aren't.

Why are you talking about the data from 2000?

The 'eight years of Obama' started in 2009. 

Games? 

Do you know me in anyway shape or form?
No, so there is no logical basis for the above claim.

I've read you comments so I DO know you in SOME shape or form and there IS a logical basis for my claim. 

Did I rejected your evidence?

Read the block quote that starts this comment. You're trying and failing. 

No, so the above claim is baseless. 
Do you see what I mean?

No, since your above comment contradicts what I block quoted. 

This kind of nonsense isn't conducive to open and honest debate, it's attempting to score points for a perceived side. It solves nothing, it achieves nothing.

Yet after I posted a link, instead of moving on with the discussion, you had to go back and rinse and repeat your complaint. Was the purpose for that to 'score points'? Did it solve anything or achieve anything for you? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.3.19  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @1.3.18    7 years ago

Wealth inequality has widened along ... - Pew Research Center
www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2014/12/12/racial-wealth-gaps-great...

Table A-2. Employment status of the civilian population by ...
https://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t02.htm

Another Fine Mess
Freshman Silent
1.3.20  Another Fine Mess  replied to  Dulay @1.3.18    7 years ago
Why are you talking about the data from 2000?

It was the high point under Clinton, others have recovered, but the African Americans have been left behind.

I've read you comments so I DO know you in SOME shape or form and there IS a logical basis for my claim. 

As I didn't reject the evidence it is patently obviously you don't, what part of this is difficult to understand?

Read the block quote that starts this comment.

You mean where I'm using the evidence you provided? You know the evidence you claimed I'd reject.

Yet after I posted a link, instead of moving on with the discussion, you had to go back and rinse and repeat your complaint. Was the purpose for that to 'score points'? Did it solve anything or achieve anything for you? 

What complaint, that rather than answer you where playing games?

The post never answered the point. The post didn't explained why the initial false claim was made. If you want to move on from something, try answering. As for bulk of of my post, that moved on to the evidence you provided, you can't claim you missed it, as you replied to it!

Here is some other supporting evidence.

African Americans were worse off financially in 2016 than they were in 2000.

The median income for an African American household was $39,490 last year, according to U.S. Census Bureau data released this week. It was $41,363 in 2000. (Both figures are in 2016 dollars, so they have been adjusted for inflation).

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
1.3.21  Spikegary  replied to  Another Fine Mess @1.3.2    7 years ago

These people don't understand the discussion/debate concept.  If they have nothing worthwhile to say, instead of just shutting up, they try to make it about you.  A lot of the NV way of doing business trying to be brought here to NT.

Rhyferys
Freshman Silent
1.3.22  Rhyferys  replied to  Have Opinion Will Travel @1.3.13    7 years ago

A picture is worth a thousand words:

Putin_walks_Tiny_Trump600x599.jpg

Another Fine Mess
Freshman Silent
1.3.23  Another Fine Mess  replied to  Spikegary @1.3.21    7 years ago
These people don't understand the discussion/debate concept.  If they have nothing worthwhile to say, instead of just shutting up, they try to make it about you.  A lot of the NV way of doing business trying to be brought here to NT.

I think the issue stems from how some are approaching the discussions, take this instance as an example.

Given the topic of the article I asked what I believe to be a reasonable question, to wit

"In economic terms after eight years of President Obama, how have African Americans fared?

Have they gained, or lost ground?"

I'm not particularly interested in racial politics, so I decided to look at the economic side. You'd think there'd be nothing irrational, or unreasonable in looking at the record of the last Democrat President, but not if you're dealing with emotional reactions.

You will note that I said President Obama, rather than just Obama. I did this specifically to avoid the questions being perceived as an attack, it didn't work. Instead of informational responses I received emotional ones, they sought to defend their side, against what was perceived as an attack. This isn't conducive to open or honest debate. I have no issues with individuals attempting to prove their individual positions, this is quite normal. However, it becomes increasingly difficult to deal with collective emotional reactions where individuals are seeking to defend their group/side from imagined attacks.

I believe this in part made NV such a cesspit at the end.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.3.24  Dulay  replied to  Another Fine Mess @1.3.20    7 years ago
It was the high point under Clinton, others have recovered, but the African Americans have been left behind.

As I didn't reject the evidence it is patently obviously you don't, what part of this is difficult to understand?

You mean where I'm using the evidence you provided? You know the evidence you claimed I'd reject.

But you HAVEN'T accepted the evidence. I fulfilled the request you made in you first post. I pointed out the your 'median household income' goalpost move was a fail and now you want to move the goalpost AGAIN to recovery to 2000. 

GAMES. 

What complaint, that rather than answer you where playing games?

Rinse and repeat. 

The post never answered the point. 

I thought you just said that you 'didn't reject the evidence'. 

The post didn't explained why the initial false claim was made.

What false claim are you trying to hold me responsible for? Please block quote it from MY comment. 

If you want to move on from something, try answering.

I DID, with evidence the you allege that you 'didn't reject'. 

As for bulk of of my post, that moved on to the evidence you provided, you can't claim you missed it, as you replied to it!

Your last two comments have contained a plethora of whining. 

Another Fine Mess
Freshman Silent
1.3.25  Another Fine Mess  replied to  Dulay @1.3.24    7 years ago

But you HAVEN'T accepted the evidence. 

I'm sorry, but how divorced from reality can an individual be, I'm using your evidence yet you're still trying to claim I haven't accepted it!

I fulfilled the request you made in you first post.

Delusional, I'm using the evidence, what part of this can't you grasp?

I pointed out the your 'median household income' goalpost move was a fail and now you want to move the goalpost AGAIN to recovery to 2000. 

That you point something out doesn't make it factual, you provided that evidence, now you're attempting to disown it. The data in your evidence goes all the way back to 1965, or did you miss that? The 2000 mark was the high point for African Americans, 16 years later, the data you provided shows they hadn't recovered to that mark. How is this difficult for you to grasp, it's using your posted data!

You will note I stated

As for real median household income, your information seem to support an earlier link of mine. It shows that African American real median household income was lower in 2016, than it was in 2000, (see the chart of page 5) although it does show an increase across the board from 2014.

I thought you just said that you 'didn't reject the evidence'.

No, you're confused, or purposefully misunderstanding my words "The post never answered the point" doesn't refer to the evidence, it referred to what you call "your complaint" to claim otherwise is simply dishonest.

What false claim are you trying to hold me responsible for? Please block quote it from MY comment.

Your first post to me here, either you have an complete and utter inability to follow a post chain, or this is merely and act. If it's an act, then it's a convincing one.

Your post

You attempt to support this later by claiming

For this to be proven, you would need to show where I've rejected linked evidence without supporting evidence of my own, as you can't do that your above statement is a steaming pile of horse shit.

As was your initial post!

cjcold
Professor Quiet
2  cjcold    7 years ago

So a notorious far right wing lying fascist goes opposite day again? YAWN!

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
2.1  Willjay9  replied to  cjcold @2    7 years ago

No....he's just regurgitating Trump's "What do you got to lose" speech. Just another way to pander the white vote, trying to make the assumption that they are attempting a black outreach

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
4  Willjay9    7 years ago
The leaders who fought in the 1960s for civil rights fought for freedom and against stereotyping any individual because of their race. Freedom means living and thinking freely according to one's judgment and conscience. That is, blacks may have conservative as well as liberal views

Umm….and those thoughts were due to left wing politics!

In 2016, 8 percent of black voters, or 1.2 million people, voted for Donald Trump. But these 1.2 million blacks don't exist in the view of today's "civil rights" leaders.

And does it for rightwing politics who are quick to devalue those same civil rights that left wing politics fought to protect!

About 15 percent of black men between ages of 18 and 54 voted for Donald Trump.

And yet Donald Trump thinks that stop and frisk is a good idea…..a horrible practice that affects black men between the ages of 18-54 the most!.....right wing politics!

More careful reasoning would shine light among black voters that we have a president who is an independent thinker and who has the courage to fight against an entrenched status quo. And fighting against an entrenched status quo is something African-Americans need.

laughing dude laughing dude laughing dude

Is this the same independent thinker who still to this day refuses to acknowledge that 5 black males didn't rape a white woman even though DNA evidence proved them innocent? Or is it the free thinker who racially discriminated against African Americans regarding living in his apartment complexes? Tell me what has Trump done AGAINST the status quo? Because the only thing I see is him implementing status quo policies BACK into place that disproportionately affects blacks!

Kavika
Professor Principal
6  Kavika     7 years ago

What I find interesting is the constant stream of articles stating what black and all minorities think, do, and why, by people that don't have a clue. 

It would seem that from these articles that there is no ''thinking minority'' or none that have been successful in life and are dependent on the government for their existence. 

That is a complete sack of nonsense. There are many good reasons why we don't vote republican or support Trump. You would have to be deaf and dumb not to recognize it. Which, it seems, many are.

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
6.1  Willjay9  replied to  Kavika @6    7 years ago
It would seem that from these articles that there is no ''thinking minority'' or none that have been successful in life and are dependent on the government for their existence. 

And that why I laugh when I see black politicians like Mia Love expounding about how there should be no need for student loan programs, knowing full well that without those programs she wouldn't have been able to get her education! Or Ben Carson who craps on public housing even though those same public housing made a way for him to have a roof over his head growing up....it's those types of minorities that instead of trying to improve those programs to better benefit minorities, they would rather forget that those programs probably had a benefit in making them who they are now!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  Willjay9 @6.1    7 years ago

So should public housing be from cradle-to-grave?

Are we all supposed to be like the famous Julia?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
6.1.2  It Is ME  replied to  Willjay9 @6.1    7 years ago

Didn't those two actually make something of themselves ?

I suppose you could call it a hands up in their case, since they didn't settle.

Now what do we do with the ones that are content in getting Federal support for the rest of their lives.

The professional "Hand out" type folks you could call it.

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
6.1.3  Willjay9  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.1    7 years ago

Point blank low income housing are for what it claims......LOW INCOME, but it is still needed, or do you think a person that has a low paying job needs to move into housing they cant afford?

Are we all supposed to be like the famous Julia?

We could be unfortunately right wing politics says a single mom doesn't need the help so that she can get the education she needs to become a nurse!

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
6.1.4  Willjay9  replied to  It Is ME @6.1.2    7 years ago
Didn't those two actually make something of themselves ?

Did I say they didn't?

I suppose you could call it a hands up in their case, since they didn't settle.

So they can take a hand up, but they are more than willing to cut off the hand that helped them, rather than letting it help others.

Now what do we do with the ones that are content in getting Federal support for the rest of their lives.

The professional "Hand out" type folks you could call it.

Stereotypical wives tails of a bygone age, when the truth is those programs as you know them are dead and gone....and to continue using those arguments is typical of rightwing politics that serves only to divide not so much as to garner more minority votes but to shore up their poor white base.......or as you would call it the "Southern Strategy"

It Is ME
Masters Guide
6.1.5  It Is ME  replied to  Willjay9 @6.1.4    7 years ago
Did I say they didn't?

I NEVER said you didn't. I asked a question. That is what the ? means.

"So they can take a hand up, but they are more than willing to cut off the hand that helped them, rather than letting it help others."

like I said.....What do you do with the professional "Hand out" person.

"Stereotypical wives tails of a bygone age"

I here ignoring reality makes someone say things like that.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
6.1.6  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  It Is ME @6.1.2    7 years ago

"Based on 2014 Census Bureau data, echo other studies showing that blue-collar whites have been among the principal beneficiaries of the Affordable Care Act ."

" The study’s biggest surprise may be how many of those beneficiaries are the non-college-educated whites critical to GOP fortunes. The study found that without accounting for government benefits, the poverty rate stood at nearly 25 percent for working-age white adults in families where no one holds at least a four-year college degree. That represents 14.1 million people in all."

"A fter accounting for the impact of federal anti-poverty and income-support programs—including Social Security, the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (known formerly as food stamps), Supplemental Security Income, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (generally described as welfare), and the earned-income and children’s tax credits—6.2 million of those non-college-educated white adults were raised above the poverty line. That reduced their poverty rate to less than one in seven, and meant that government benefits lifted fully 44 percent of otherwise poor, non-college-educated whites above the poverty line ."

"With some exceptions, what we regard as red states are sent a whole lot more of your hard-earned tax dollars than the traditional blue states. In effect, supposedly indolent, “tax and spend” liberals actually subsidize the individualistic, pure, and hard-working lifestyle of our conservative countrymen ."

" Nationally, most of the people who receive benefits from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program are white. According to 2013 data from the U.S. Department of Agriculture, which administers the program, 40.2 percent of SNAP recipients are white , 25.7 percent are black, 10.3 percent are Hispanic, 2.1 percent are Asian and 1.2 percent are Native American."

The States most dependent on federal assistance who take more in entitlements than they pay in taxes are almost ALL Republican strongholds.

" And when the lens shifts to political ideology, the survey finds virtually no difference in the share of conservatives (57%) , liberals (53%) or political moderates (53%) who have been assisted by at least one entitlement program. "

It Is ME
Masters Guide
6.1.7  It Is ME  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6.1.6    7 years ago
blue-collar whites have been among the principal beneficiaries of the Affordable Care Act."

Did I make this about color....or is it  YOU that "NEEDS" to make this about color. stunned

Is that ALL Liberals think about ? goofy

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
6.1.8  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  It Is ME @6.1.7    7 years ago
Did I make this about color...

The headline of the article we are commenting on is "lets liberate blacks from left wing politics". It's fairly clear what you were referring to when you said "I suppose you could call it a hands up in their case, since they didn't settle.". Or are you claiming when you said "they" you didn't mean black Americans, specifically Ben Carson and Mia Love?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
6.1.9  It Is ME  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6.1.8    7 years ago
It's fairly clear

In the "Eye of the beholden" ?

I don't use "Color" when I make my comments !

Now you KNOW !

I see "people" sucking the life out of this country....not some race. There are Lazy Dumb Fucks in ALL walks of life. 

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
6.1.10  Willjay9  replied to  It Is ME @6.1.5    7 years ago
like I said.....What do you do with the professional "Hand out" person.

You mean the corporations asking for assistance even though they are making record profits, or the rural farmers that vote Republican knowing that even though social programs are being cut, they will still get their welfare checks because they are considered part of the Mother….umm Heartland?

I here ignoring reality makes someone say things like that.

So that’s how you can stay in that fantasy land you live in with so little oxygen! Dude the reality is back in the 90's time limits, strict sanctions and work requirements did away with cradle to grave welfare collection…that is in urban areas at least. Reality is recent studies have shown that black women constitute one of the most educated demographics and are among the most ambitious in the workplace, and despite all that rightwing politics still says they are welfare queens and leeches that needs to get off their ass, stop having babies and being lazy.......so why should they listen to you all again?

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
6.1.11  Willjay9  replied to  It Is ME @6.1.7    7 years ago

Did I make this about color....or is it  YOU that "NEEDS" to make this about color. stunned

Is that ALL Liberals think about ? goofy

You cannot be serious? Hello McFly......the SEED made it about color! Or did the title

"Let's liberate blacks from left-wing politics"

throw you off a littleDigging a whole

It Is ME
Masters Guide
6.1.12  It Is ME  replied to  Willjay9 @6.1.10    7 years ago
You mean the corporations asking for assistance even though they are making record profits, or the rural farmers that vote Republican knowing that even though social programs are being cut, they will still get their welfare checks because they are considered part of the Mother….umm Heartland?

Not even close.....TRY AGAIN !

"So that’s how you can stay in that fantasy land you live in with so little oxygen! "

I heard the kiddy playground was shut down. What are you still doing there again ? patience

"so why should they listen to you all again?"

I didn't ask "Them" to listen....I'm asking government to listen. "Them" seem to know not what they do...so..... "Them" are excused for indiscretion's costing others much....since government tells them they "Can't" in the first place.....in my  "Wild and Crazy"  mind anyway. stunned

It Is ME
Masters Guide
6.1.14  It Is ME  replied to    7 years ago
Did you read the title of the article?

I don't read "INTO" titles when I post. I "DON'T" read between lines either.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
6.1.15  It Is ME  replied to  Willjay9 @6.1.11    7 years ago
You cannot be serious? Hello McFly......the SEED made it about color! Or did the title

In case you didn't know it..."people" actually have thoughts that don't include color.

Is your fixation on "Color" that blinding ? laughing dude

Rhyferys
Freshman Silent
6.1.17  Rhyferys  replied to  It Is ME @6.1.12    7 years ago

Rjesus3.jpg

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
6.1.18  Willjay9  replied to  It Is ME @6.1.12    7 years ago
Not even close.....TRY AGAIN !

Really? Then exactly who are you talking about? Because the only groups that make it a profession on receiving government handouts are the one’s I just listed…..

skirting the CoC [ph]

Because the little short bus you just got off on wouldn’t let a person with an IQ with double digits on

I didn't ask "Them" to listen....I'm asking government to listen.

Really? And exactly "who" should government be listening to?

"Them" seem to know not what they do...so.....

And by them you mean who exactly? Why how do you know that “them” don’t know what they do….and who are you to tell they don’t?

"Them" are excused for indiscretion's costing others much....

Once again who is “them”? and exactly what indiscretions are you claiming they did? Not finding a good enough job so that they can only afford low income housing? Being so poor as to no be able to pay for college? Or getting a divorce or separation so that they cant afford to pay for daycare….there are a lot of “them”…..you need to be more specific

since government tells them they "Can't" in the first place.....in my "Wild and Crazy" mind anyway

The funny part about all this is you have just proven my point about the divisive rhetoric that is rightwing politics! Especially since you still refuse to define who “them” is!

It Is ME
Masters Guide
6.1.19  It Is ME  replied to  Willjay9 @6.1.18    7 years ago
Because the only groups that make it a profession on receiving government handouts are the one’s I just listed…..

How Wrong you WERE !

"Because the little short bus you just got off on wouldn’t let a person with an IQ with double digits on"

How childish.

"Really? And exactly "who" should government be listening to?"

Knock, Knock....

whose there.....

The Peoples representatives.....

The Peoples Representatives who ? (as willjay wonders)

close call

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
6.1.20  Willjay9  replied to  It Is ME @6.1.15    7 years ago
In case you didn't know it..."people" actually have thoughts that don't include color.

And we can easily discuss that on another seed…..but for right now this seed is about an article made by a person who has a fixation on “Color”

Is your fixation on "Color" that blinding ?

As I see it I’m commenting on a seed that main focus is on color….i.e. STAYING ON TOPIC

Btw....still waiting on your definition on who exactly "them" is.....seeing as though it's not about colorpatience

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
6.1.21  Willjay9  replied to  It Is ME @6.1.14    7 years ago

I don't read "INTO" titles when I post. I "DON'T" read between lines either.

laughing dude laughing dude laughing dude

Dude this entire seed specifically is about color ITS IN THE TITLE, it's has context inside the article, it even makes racial comparisons! And despite all that...you decided to make connotations to "them" and "government" when that has nothing to do with the seed.......but yet you don't read between lines? !laughing dude laughing dude

It Is ME
Masters Guide
6.1.22  It Is ME  replied to  Willjay9 @6.1.20    7 years ago
but for right now this seed is about an article made by a person who has a fixation on “Color”

"People can "Change" , You can "Change", we all can "Change" !

Love "Rocky" movies.....don't you ?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
6.1.23  It Is ME  replied to  Willjay9 @6.1.21    7 years ago
Dude this entire seed specifically is about color ITS IN THE TITLE, it's has context inside the article, it even makes racial comparisons! And despite all that...you decided to make connotations to "them" and "government" when that has nothing to do with the seed.......but yet you don't read between lines?

Such a rock. No wonder Democrats loose. chuckle

Did you "MISS" this part ?:

"The leaders who fought in the 1960s for civil rights fought for freedom and against stereotyping any individual because of their race"

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
6.1.24  Willjay9  replied to  Shepboy @6.1.16    7 years ago

Soo.....then is this article only concerned about blacks?! Why is the race card being played when it's obvious this is a overall problem and not a racial one?

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
6.1.26  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Shepboy @6.1.16    7 years ago
Wouldnt white people be the highest considering 232,943,055 ----73.6% are white IN america

That doesn't change the point I made. When people complain about minorities being on "Federal support" while ignoring that the vast majority of beneficiaries are actually non-minorities and in fact conservative, the very group complaining, it's valid to point out the hypocrisy. Majority Republican States (Red States) are by far the largest entitlement drains on our nation yet Republicans complain the most about entitlements. The majority of Democrat majority States pay more in taxes than they take in entitlements, so I find it very disingenuous of Republicans to try and point any fingers claiming the Democrats are the "taker" class. We're the States bailing out the underwater Republican States yet we're met with bitter false accusations and vitriol by Republicans. Apparently they hate having to rely on our charity and thus try to bite the hand that feeds them.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
6.1.27  It Is ME  replied to    7 years ago

I go by "THIS" part of the article:

"But the "insult" to civil rights comes today from these very black leaders who claim to represent this movement.

The leaders who fought in the 1960s for civil rights fought for freedom and against stereotyping any individual because of their race. Freedom means living and thinking freely according to one's judgment and conscience. That is, blacks may have conservative as well as liberal views."

Apparently, Liberals like to drag Stereotyping on....FOREVER........for the "Good" of their party. close call

It Is ME
Masters Guide
6.1.28  It Is ME  replied to  Rhyferys @6.1.17    7 years ago

Jesus was White ?

Rhyferys
Freshman Silent
6.1.29  Rhyferys  replied to  It Is ME @6.1.28    7 years ago

I didn't draw the picture, but I'm curious. How do you rate middle easterners? Black, Hispanic, Oriental, Native American?

Junior Participates
6.1.30  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Willjay9 @6.1    7 years ago
it's those types of minorities that instead of trying to improve those programs to better benefit minorities, they would rather forget that those programs probably had a benefit in making them who they are now!

I look at that sad phenomenon as evidence for how well the shaming effort by the rightwing has worked on some people.  It's one of the more (of the vast number) of disgusting traits of conservatives and Republicans.  

It Is ME
Masters Guide
6.1.31  It Is ME  replied to  Rhyferys @6.1.29    7 years ago

Shrug....Really don't care. They're people to me.

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
6.1.32  Willjay9  replied to  It Is ME @6.1.19    7 years ago
How Wrong you WERE !

And of course you can back that assertion up correct?

How childish.

Says the person trying to make backhanded insults on the low…….

The Peoples representatives.....

So the “Peoples” representatives are for the people…..but seeing as though you still having defined who you think “them” actually are…..I seriously doubt you mean the “people”

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
6.1.33  Willjay9  replied to  It Is ME @6.1.22    7 years ago
People can "Change" , You can "Change", we all can "Change" !

Oh! You mean DEFLECT!.......well why didn't you just say so!

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
6.1.34  Willjay9  replied to  It Is ME @6.1.23    7 years ago

laughing dude laughing dude

No didn't miss that part at all.....it came just AFTER this

According to the poll, 86 percent of blacks compared to 50 percent of whites say that President Trump does not " respect people of color as much as he respects white people."

However the partisan divide is even greater than the racial divide.

Ninety-one percent of Democrats compared to 12 percent of Republicans agree with the statement that President Trump is racially biased against people of color.

But....but.....but.....I don't read between the lines!....../slaughing dude

Digging a whole Digging a whole

It Is ME
Masters Guide
6.1.35  It Is ME  replied to  Willjay9 @6.1.32    7 years ago
And of course you can back that assertion up correct?

Of course.

The word "ONLY".

That wasn't hard to do now....was it.

Do you have a hard question to ask ?

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
6.1.36  Willjay9  replied to  It Is ME @6.1.35    7 years ago
The word "ONLY".

Really? Then if the word ONLY is true......you can name ONE other group that profession is actually based on welfare entitlements.......just ONE

epistte
Junior Guide
6.1.37  epistte  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.1    7 years ago

Why do you need to be taught about what your Savior requires by a godless humanist? You go to church once a week and still you haven't learned this basic concept!  You are outraged by someone not saying Merry Christmas  to you but you are not outraged by seeing people who are poor and sick. Where are your morals man?

Maybe instead of quoting Leviticus conservative Christians should begin to quote the Sermon on the Mount/the Beatitudes instead. People might have some respect for your claims of being a sincere follower of Jesus.

John 3:17.

But if anyone has the world's goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's love abide in him? Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth.

Do you remember Jesus telling how followers this or is that not in your bible?  Does this only apply to you between 10:00 and noon on Sunday?

What so ever you  do the the least of my brothers you do unto me.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.38  Texan1211  replied to  Willjay9 @6.1.3    7 years ago

Personally, I don't need the government to provide everything for me.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.41  Texan1211  replied to  epistte @6.1.37    7 years ago

Whoever said I go to church at all?

Do you just make stuff up when you don't know the facts?

For the record, I haven't been to church in decades.

Thanks for trying to think you know me, though. Kudos for the attempt, an "F" for the results.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.42  Texan1211  replied to  epistte @6.1.37    7 years ago

I find it amusing that nonbelievers try to use the Bible and God to convince others of anything.

What exactly do my religious beliefs have to do with politics?

Don't you always advocate for the strict separation of church and state?

I mean, except when it is convenient for you?

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
6.1.43  lennylynx  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.41    7 years ago

You DON'T go to church Tex??stunned   I guess you'll be burning in hell with us godless, baby-killing libs then! Happy

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.44  Texan1211  replied to  lennylynx @6.1.43    7 years ago

That may well be what you believe, but not me.

I have never claimed to go to church, and for the life of me can't figure out why someone who doesn't know me would ever assume such a thing.

I guess I don't fit into your little stereotypical box.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
6.1.45  magnoliaave  replied to  lennylynx @6.1.43    7 years ago

For the record, going to church is not a prerequisite for going to heaven!

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
6.1.46  lennylynx  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.44    7 years ago

I bet they eat Texas steak every day in heaven; I'd believe but am unable to delude myself to the extent required!  Not all right wingers are god nuts, and some left wingers ARE god nuts despite being logical otherwise.  We are all individuals.  Maybe we should just discuss the issues and not label ourselves?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.47  Texan1211  replied to  lennylynx @6.1.46    7 years ago

You probably bet on sorts of stupid things.

A little late to jump on the "don't jump to conclusion" train after your post, isn't it?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.1.48  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  It Is ME @6.1.15    7 years ago

They just can’t stand it that a black woman who was once on welfare herself wrote this article, not a rich white man.  

Dulay
Professor Expert
6.1.49  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.42    7 years ago
I find it amusing that nonbelievers try to use the Bible and God to convince others of anything.

I find it amusing that believers try to use the bible and god to convince others of anything. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.50  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @6.1.49    7 years ago

If you can provide any evidence that I have ever done so, then your post might have a point.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.1.51  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  It Is ME @6.1.19    7 years ago

I’m stunned that the top one in blue wasn’t struck down for the direct personal attack on another member that it so obviously is.  That short bus comment was what I was trying to draw attention to when I did something I can’t say I did.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.1.52  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Willjay9 @6.1.20    7 years ago

You realize the article was written by an African American woman who once was on welfare who wants something better for all of her people than is happening now?  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.1.53  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to    7 years ago

Did you read who wrote it and why?  

Dulay
Professor Expert
6.1.54  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.50    7 years ago
If you can provide any evidence that I have ever done so, then your post might have a point.

You may be surprised that not everything is about YOU. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
6.1.55  Dulay  replied to  It Is ME @6.1.28    7 years ago

Yes and he had blue eyes too, don't cha know. /s

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
6.1.56  Willjay9  replied to  XXJefferson51 @6.1.52    7 years ago

And?!........What Star Parker used is stereotypical anecdotes of a bygone age to appease her white Republican conservative counterparts by telling them exactly what they want to hear, same as Tracy Dash, Ben Carson, Paris Dennard and every other black Republican who gets dragged out in the spotlight whenever an issue with Republicans trying to garner black votes. And every time it happens you hear a lot about what black folks stop doing but NOTHING concerning any real plans about helping black folks!

Sorry, in my book you cant say you're trying to help someone or want the best when then only thing you are saying is how bad a person is or how stupid they are that they are listening to someone else and not you.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
6.1.57  Spikegary  replied to  lennylynx @6.1.46    7 years ago

You should address that comment to Epistte.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
6.1.58  Spikegary  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6.1.6    7 years ago

Funny, the vast amount o f blue collar folks I know who had Health Insurance before can barley afford it now, some have thrown in the towel and are going the ER route when sick.  And not many were able to 'keep their plan'.  It's has been a disaster for the middle class American.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
6.2  Split Personality  replied to  Kavika @6    7 years ago
What I find interesting is the constant stream of articles stating what black and all minorities think, do, and why, by people that don't have a clue.

Amen to that.

Ditto to men about women's rights.........

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.2.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Split Personality @6.2    7 years ago

laughing dude

Tell me what I'm thinking right now. :)

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.3  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Kavika @6    7 years ago

You realize that even though I seeded the article an African American woman who was once on welfare in her earlier life actually wrote it?  

Kavika
Professor Principal
6.3.1  Kavika   replied to  XXJefferson51 @6.3    7 years ago

Yes I do realize that, or I should say that I guessed that she was.  Does she speak for all blacks, or all minorities? It's an OPINION piece. Simple as that.

My comment was directed at this and many other articles in the same vain, and to those non minorities that think they know what is best for minorities. 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
7  Dismayed Patriot    7 years ago

“Oh look at my African-American over here,” Mr. Trump said. 

Black Americans know exactly who the Republicans are, they aren't fooled by the "party shuffle" that has occurred over the last 50 years. They know who were voting against the civil rights act and the voting rights act. They know who are currently attempting to disenfranchise them with onerous voter ID laws and ridiculous gerrymandering. They know all the racists and bigots who previously registered Democrat in the South didn't move out of their States to be replaced by some innocuous non-racist Republicans, they watched the Southern strategy happen in real time. They're not going to be fooled by the big bad wolf of racism dressing up in Grandmas clothes.

"My, what racist voter ID laws you have"

"All the better to put you back in your place my dear..."

"My, what incredibly racist policies you promote"

"All the better to make sure wolves prosper my dear..."

"My, what a lot of KKK members and Nazis you have"

"All the better to help the old South rise again my dear..."

They're not fooled by bigoted conservative nonsense like the laughable opinion piece above.

"The U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit, in its decision last week, held that the North Carolina state legislature acted to entrench itself and “it did so by targeting voters who, based on race, were unlikely to vote for the majority party. Even if done for partisan ends, that constituted racial discrimination.”

The court called this strategy what it is: racist. The panel wrote that “using race as a proxy for party may be an effective way to win an election. But intentionally targeting a particular race’s access to the franchise because its members vote for a particular party, in a predictable manner, constitutes discriminatory purpose. This is so even absent any evidence of race-based hatred and despite the obvious political dynamics.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2016/08/03/courts-are-finally-pointing-out-the-racism-behind-voter-id-laws/?utm_term=.54af491dce80

Rhyferys
Freshman Silent
8  Rhyferys    7 years ago

The leaders who fought in the 1960s for civil rights fought for freedom and against stereotyping any individual because of their race. Freedom means living and thinking freely according to one's judgment and conscience. That is, blacks may have conservative as well as liberal views.

I am quite sure that blacks have both liberal and conservative views on subjects. That said, I am equally sure that blacks have the intelligence to see who is in their corner and who is not. When they see republicans laughing at the idea of white privilege, when they see republicans laughing at the idea that there is a racial problem in our law enforcement, when they see the republicans constantly looking for ways to screw the poor and reward the wealthy, they get the idea that republicans don't want them. Possibly if, instead of blaming blacks for voting in their own interest, you spent an equal amount of time looking at making your party more attractive, you might see a change. Of course, I know you won't do that, because doing so would piss off your neo-Nazi/white supremacist base. You have painted yourself into a corner, spending lots of time pleasing demographics that are shrinking. Not blacks problem.

Junior Participates
8.1  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Rhyferys @8    7 years ago
That said, I am equally sure that blacks have the intelligence to see who is in their corner and who is not.

I think most of the politically active ones do but there's a subset of the ones who made it big and who don't want to acknowledge having possibly taken advantage of some of the sorely needed programs to get where they landed.  It's an understandable but not very admirable aspect of human nature in general.  The idea of the "self-made man" is an alluring myth.  

Rhyferys
Freshman Silent
8.1.1  Rhyferys  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @8.1    7 years ago

selfmademan.jpg

Sparty On
Professor Principal
9  Sparty On    7 years ago

Trump is not PC, not in the least.   This vexes many liberals to no end because he doesn't automatically kowtow to the lastest politically correct BS they come up with.

That said Trump is admittedly about as politically tactful as a bull in a china shop but racist?   Hardly!   That accusation is just more liiberal nonsense from our newest generation of haters that was spawned 08Nov16.   They lost and now they appear to be on a 4-8 year temper tantrum.

Spoiled little haters, pissed off because daddy wouldn't give you a cookie when you demanded one.

Boo hoo and go squirt a few haters!

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
9.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Sparty On @9    7 years ago
Trump is not PC, not in the least

Political Correctness: noun - the avoidance of forms of expression or action that are perceived to exclude, marginalize, or insult groups of people who are socially disadvantaged or discriminated against.

"Trump is admittedly about as politically tactful as a bull in a china shop but racist? "

Yes, when he excludes, marginalizes and insults groups of people who are socially disadvantaged and discriminated against he shows his racism. That's what it means to be non-PC.

“Oh look at my African-American over here,” DJT

Sparty On
Professor Principal
9.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @9.1    7 years ago
“Oh look at my African-American over here,” DJT

The problem is you feel that comment makes him a racist.   It does not, not by itself.    Tactless sure, insensitive maybe but racist?   Nope, not for sure.    Not based on that comment alone no matter how hard you try to make it so.

You hate Trump and hatred always clouds sound, unbiased judgement.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
9.1.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Sparty On @9.1.1    7 years ago

So you're saying the President you voted for is admittedly "tactless and insensitive", but because you don't think he's overtly "racist" he should get our support? If this were the "only" bigoted statement he'd have made you might have a point, but there is a long list of his statements showing his racism. From having to be sued over denying blacks from renting his properties, claiming Mexicans are drug dealers, criminals and rapists to claiming a judge born in Indiana must be prejudiced against him because Trump wants to build a wall and the judge was of Mexican heritage. Any sound and unbiased judgment would see that, but conservatives are the ones with clouds in their eyes.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/inside-the-governments-racial-bias-case-against-donald-trumps-company-and-how-he-fought-it/2016/01/23/fb90163e-bfbe-11e5-bcda-62a36b394160_story.html?utm_term=.a5e480d9654d

Sparty On
Professor Principal
9.1.3  Sparty On  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @9.1.2    7 years ago
So you're saying the President you voted for is admittedly "tactless and insensitive", but because you don't think he's overtly "racist" he should get our support?

That is not what i said.   I don't expect a left wing partisan to support Trump.   They would melt into a puddle of piss warm goo if they did.

The question was about racism and simply stated you can not make a reasonable judgement if he is racist or not by the comment that was mentioned.   I know some do but they are not being fair or rational in the least when they do so in this case.

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
9.2  Willjay9  replied to  Sparty On @9    7 years ago
Trump is not PC, not in the least.   This vexes many liberals to no end because he doesn't automatically kowtow to the lastest politically correct BS they come up with.

Comedy! Trump is very much indeed politically correct.....especially when he playing to rightwing politics...he know exactly what to say and how to say it to get what he needs to further his politics! What next you're going to claim do identity politics either?.......

Sparty On
Professor Principal
9.2.1  Sparty On  replied to  Willjay9 @9.2    7 years ago
Trump is very much indeed politically correct

Lol, tell that to all the Republicans that dislike him as well.  

They disagree with you.

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
9.2.2  Willjay9  replied to  Sparty On @9.2.1    7 years ago

So you're saying Trump was being politically (rightwing) correct when he claimed that there were good people marching down the street with tiki torches in Charlottesville? How about his political correctness when it came to the Las Vegas and First Baptist Church shootings? And how about the political correctness he has toward Putin by not being able to criticize him? You see the rightwing has taken a term whose roots were based on not offending and used it to their warped advantage as a way to openly offend with an excuse claiming to be apolitical

Junior Participates
9.3  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Sparty On @9    7 years ago
Trump is not PC, not in the least.

It's not just the he's not PC, he's not even got the C.  He's a walking foghorn of lies, ignorance and corruption. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
9.3.1  Sparty On  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @9.3    7 years ago

Nah, he got elected because he is decidedly more lacking in the "P" and Hillary on the other hand is extremely heavy on the "P" and very light on the "C" so she lost.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
10  Trout Giggles    7 years ago

<raising hand>

Just what exactly is Dr Carson doing at Housing?

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
10.1  Willjay9  replied to  Trout Giggles @10    7 years ago

Yeah, because it's not like a black NEUROSURGEON wouldn't be able to fit in say........the Department of HEALTH and Human Services.

Nah! a BLACK neurosurgeon would be better suited for Housing and URBAN Development!......./s

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
10.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Willjay9 @10.1    7 years ago

winking

My point is tho what good is he doing there? The seed states that Dr Carson is doing wondrous (I'm paraphrasing) things at HUD. I haven't heard of anything, have you?

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
10.1.2  Willjay9  replied to  Trout Giggles @10.1.1    7 years ago
The seed states that Dr Carson is doing wondrous (I'm paraphrasing) things at HUD. I haven't heard of anything, have you?

Not a damn thing!

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
10.1.3  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Willjay9 @10.1    7 years ago

He would be best suited to be President of the 🇺🇸 USA.  He is smart enough that he could handle any executive branch job.  

Dulay
Professor Expert
10.1.4  Dulay  replied to  XXJefferson51 @10.1.3    7 years ago
He is smart enough that he could handle any executive branch job.

He isn't even smart enough to answer simple questions about the Agency he now leads. Go watch his Congressional hearings about the HHS budget. He's a light weight who doesn't have a grasp of his own responsibilities. 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
10.1.5  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  XXJefferson51 @10.1.3    7 years ago
He is smart enough that he could handle any executive branch job.

He's certainly smarter than the current President. But then so is my 8 year old daughter so it's not a very high bar. Even his own cabinet picks have called him a moron and an idiot.

Spartacus
Freshman Silent
12  Spartacus    7 years ago

Pathetic.  Conservatives fought in and still support the Confederacy, they started and are current members of the KKK, and other white supremacists (such as Nazis) are conservatives as well.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
13  Dean Moriarty    7 years ago

Those that liberate themselves will prosper those that choose to side with the Dems will never climb the ladder of success. The choice is theirs to make. Many are third generation welfare recipients and need to be reprogrammed to believe they themselves are responsible for their own welfare. Cutting them off is the tough love needed to make them responsible for themselves. 

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
13.2  Sunshine  replied to  Dean Moriarty @13    7 years ago
those that choose to side with the Dems will never climb the ladder of success.

exactly

201406020b783152_large.jpg

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
13.2.1  Willjay9  replied to  Sunshine @13.2    7 years ago

Or should we try the Republican side......tell the poor people they are poor because of other poor people, and if you vote for them they will ensure those poor people don't get the entitlements you want to get but not getting because of "others" somehow taking them away from you.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
13.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Dean Moriarty @13    7 years ago

Your comment disturbs me profoundly

Junior Participates
13.4  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Dean Moriarty @13    7 years ago
Those that liberate themselves will prosper those that choose to side with the Dems will never climb the ladder of success.

That is one of the clearest expressions of rightwing dissociation from reality I've seen.  

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
13.5  Willjay9  replied to  Dean Moriarty @13    7 years ago
Those that liberate themselves will prosper those that choose to side with the Dems will never climb the ladder of success.

laughing dude laughing dude laughing dude laughing dude

Rhyferys
Freshman Silent
15  Rhyferys    7 years ago

voting.jpg

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
16  livefreeordie    7 years ago

Democrats continue to be the party of slavery.  All they have done is change Massa from the plantation owner to Massa being the Government.

the one difference is that they now put EVERYONE into slavery, not just Black Americans

Junior Participates
16.1  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  livefreeordie @16    7 years ago
Democrats continue to be the party of slavery.

That belongs in the Hall of Greatest Lies of History along with the blood libels against Jews and Christianity is a religion of peace.  

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
16.1.1  livefreeordie  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @16.1    7 years ago

it is 100% FACT. Honest marxists will admit it.  The dishonest ones and the ignorant will post a response like yours

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
16.1.2  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  livefreeordie @16.1.1    7 years ago

there are only two ways to control people... force and bs

as always when the left loses force, they turn to bs.

Jonathan P
Sophomore Silent
17  Jonathan P    7 years ago

Candidates and parties seeking to win elections have to look at the constituent groups in their voting area in order to determine how to go about getting those votes. They need to bring a message and they also need to follow through, once elected. Constituent groups can be any strata of society, whether it be by income, age and yes, race. No group is actually tethered to a party. If a party does a good job of attracting a certain strata of society, more power to them. If the constituent group becomes dissatisfied with the candidate/party they elected, they start to move away. This process can take several election cycles, and does not necessarily equal a wholesale desertion, even after decades.

If a party wishes to poach an entire constituent group from the competing party, they have to give them a very good reason, and they have to follow through.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
17.1  Skrekk  replied to  Jonathan P @17    7 years ago

To your point, the GOP's "southern strategy" worked superbly to poach racist whites from the Dems.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
18  MrFrost    7 years ago

Racial divide in the USA? Well what do you expect when you elect a racist to the presidency?

Of the 60, (so far), judicial appointee's that trump has named to various federal courts....One...ONE!...is Black. And the only Black working in the WH was just fired and trump has literally now banned the word, "diversity". Racial divide? You bet there is and not shockingly, it's because of the republicans. Look up the make up of our current congress and who is republican and democrat. Almost literally every single republican is white. Weird. 

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
19  Skrekk    7 years ago

I'm just shocked that so few blacks voted for a neoconfederate like Roy Moore who has hosted meetings for the League of the South.....the white supremacist group which inspired Dylann Roof.

For that matter I'm surprised that so few blacks vote for the right-wing party which tries its best to prevent them from voting.    Don't those Negros understand what freedum means?