╌>

SH*THEAD SAYS SH*THOLE (commentary)

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  johnrussell  •  6 years ago  •  606 comments

SH*THEAD SAYS SH*THOLE (commentary)

SHITHEAD SAYS SHITHOLE

Today on President’s* say the darndest things:

President Donald Trump on Thursday asked lawmakers why the United States allows people to immigrate “from shithole countries” like Haiti and African countries, the Washington Post  reported .

The Washington Post  reported , citing two unnamed sources briefed on Trump’s meeting with lawmakers, that Trump asked, “Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?”

According to the report, Trump made the remark in reference to Haiti and African countries , and then suggested the United States should allow more immigrants from countries like Norway instead. Trump met with Norwegian Prime Minister Erna Solberg on Wednesday.

The MSM is having the vapors right now over having to say shithole. That’s half the fun of this latest flow of rascist diarrhea from the Insult Comedian. We already knew that he hates people of color and thinks African is full of cannibals like in cheesy old B-movies. All in all it’s just another brick in the wall.

Past potty-mouthed presidents had the good sense not to curse in big meetings, and their staffs were loyal and did not leak stories wherein presidents used what the failing NYT would call “off-color language.” We didn’t know what a foul mouth Tricky Dick had until the White House Tapes were full of expletives deleted to my unexpurgated delight. Truman and LBJ were known to swear like sailors too. It’s not the language, it’s the unvarnished bigotry.

As to the Norwegian  comments.  (ICYMI, I’m half-Norwegian: my darling mother was one of them very white white people.) Has Trump ever had Norwegian food? Lutefisk and Pickled Herring should be banned from the country. Ack. Barf.

I think it’s time to have a cuisine test: only immigrants from countries with good food can be admitted. It’s one way to keep Nigel Farage from immigrating.

It’s just another day in Trumpworld where Shitheads say shit like shithole everyday.

https://first-draft.com/2018/01/11/shithead-says-shithole/

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    6 years ago

the perpetual embarrassment

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.4  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @1    6 years ago

Donald Rump is a major embarrassment - he's a shithole.  

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
2  Rmando    6 years ago

Gotta love those "unnamed sources".  I wonder how long before this turns out to be fake news too.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Rmando @2    6 years ago

Oh please. The White House response didn't even deny it. 

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
2.1.1  Rmando  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    6 years ago

Let's see if the people in the room actually come foward to back up the story.

Ender
Professor Principal
2.1.2  Ender  replied to  Rmando @2.1.1    6 years ago

Uh, even fox is calling it true.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
2.1.3  Dean Moriarty  replied to  Ender @2.1.2    6 years ago

Good for Fox it is true they are sh@#holes. 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.1.4  Raven Wing  replied to  Dean Moriarty @2.1.3    6 years ago

And you are talking from personal experience because you line there? 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.1.5  Raven Wing  replied to  Raven Wing @2.1.4    6 years ago

Should be....." 'live' there"

epistte
Junior Guide
2.1.6  epistte  replied to  Rmando @2.1.1    6 years ago

Fox is trying to spin it by saying that this is how real people talk.

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.1.7  Dulay  replied to  Rmando @2.1.1    6 years ago

Are you kidding, the GOP Congress doesn't have a set among them. 

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
2.1.9  Spikegary  replied to  Raven Wing @2.1.4    6 years ago

I have lived and travelled to many places around the world and indeed, many are shitholes.  I wish he had used other words, but then again, John and company would have had to work harder to find something to be offended by today.  Maybe if the Clinton Doundation had used the money that they collected for helping Haiti by actually helping Haiti, it might not be as bad a shithole now.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.10  Trout Giggles  replied to  Spikegary @2.1.9    6 years ago

Something we agree on

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.1.11  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Shepboy @2.1.8    6 years ago

Dick Durbin, who was in the room when Trump made the comment confirmed today that he did make the comment.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.1.12  MrFrost  replied to  Rmando @2.1.1    6 years ago

They already have. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.1.13  MrFrost  replied to  Shepboy @2.1.8    6 years ago
They do.  I am betting most people feel it, but are scared to say it because of the political correctness BS in America that has people too scared to speak their mind.

He is supposed to be representing ALL of us, exhibiting blatant and obvious racism is NOT representing the USA. I remember when Bill Clinton was caught dropping the "F" bomb and the republicans yelled and screamed about it, but trump calls "Black" countries "shitholes" and all the sudden it, "well this is how people talk!!". Trump is an idiot. 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.1.14  Jasper2529  replied to  Spikegary @2.1.9    6 years ago
Maybe if the Clinton Doundation had used the money that they collected for helping Haiti by actually helping Haiti, it might not be as bad a shithole now.

Needs to be repeated.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.1.15  Jasper2529  replied to  epistte @2.1.6    6 years ago
Fox is trying to spin it by saying that this is how real people talk.

Really? I watched the station all morning and am currently still watching. Not one person said that.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.1.16  Jasper2529  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.1.15    6 years ago

In addition, epistte ... please name the person on FNC who allegedly said what you claim and provide a link to it. Thank you!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.17  Trout Giggles  replied to  epistte @2.1.6    6 years ago

somebody is too lazy to google trump shit hole fox news

epistte
Junior Guide
2.1.18  epistte  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.1.16    6 years ago

Here it is,

Fox News host Jesse Watters defended President Donald Trump’s reported “shithole” comment Thursday night by claiming other people speak that way.

“If it’s true, this is how the forgotten men and women of America talk at the bar,” Watters said on the network’s show The Five .

Do you plan to admit that you were wrong? 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.19  Trout Giggles  replied to  epistte @2.1.18    6 years ago

You do much better work than I do

epistte
Junior Guide
2.1.20  epistte  replied to  Shepboy @2.1.8    6 years ago

Why would bigots be too afraid to be the racist bigot that they are? Have people been arrested for being bigots and racists? 

epistte
Junior Guide
2.1.21  epistte  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.19    6 years ago
You do much better work than I do

I have a reputation among freinds and family of being a research expert. The internet makes it very easy if you know how to phrase the search query. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.1.22  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Spikegary @2.1.9    6 years ago

ding ding ding. Tell him what he's won Johnny!!

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.1.23  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  epistte @2.1.6    6 years ago

And you of course wouldn't say shit if you had a mouthful right?  laughing dude la de da

FOX is correct.

epistte
Junior Guide
2.1.24  epistte  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.1.23    6 years ago
And you of course wouldn't say shit if you had a mouthful right?

Did you ever consider the possibility that I am not a racist dirtbag who would either think this way or defend someone who does?

Why would I ever have a mouthful of shit? You have some very strange fantasies.

epistte
Junior Guide
2.1.26  epistte  replied to  Shepboy @2.1.25    6 years ago

Thank you for watching Fox news :D and quoting from it, at least now I can believe what you say :D

I would never willingly watch Fox News because I prefer my news without propaganda. I saw this on a Facebook feed from a Trump-loving relative.

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.1.27  bugsy  replied to  epistte @2.1.26    6 years ago

You hate that relative, too, huh?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.1.28  Tacos!  replied to  MrFrost @2.1.13    6 years ago
exhibiting blatant and obvious racism is NOT representing the USA

It was indelicate, but there is nothing racist about pointing out obvious poverty, obvious injustice, obvious squalor, obvious homelessness, obvious rampant disease, and so on. 

Unless it is your plan to demonstrate that places like Haiti, Nigeria, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, etc. are not shitholes. Is it?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.1.29  Tacos!  replied to  epistte @2.1.20    6 years ago
Why would bigots be too afraid to be the racist bigot that they are?

Maybe people deny it because they aren't actually racist. There's always that possibility. But the Perpetually Angry Left (PALs) anger  already has it figured out, as usual, and won't entertain any other explanations. not listening

OldUSAFGuy
Freshman Silent
2.1.30  OldUSAFGuy  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @2.1.11    6 years ago

Was there any other Confirmations of such?

OldUSAFGuy
Freshman Silent
2.1.31  OldUSAFGuy  replied to  epistte @2.1.18    6 years ago

One Reporter out of how many on Fox. Is this the Official stance of Fox News in of itself or one reporter?

That would be like the  sewage coming from MadCow is the official representation of MSNBC.

epistte
Junior Guide
2.1.32  epistte  replied to  bugsy @2.1.27    6 years ago
You hate that relative, too, huh?

No, I don't hate them.

epistte
Junior Guide
2.1.33  epistte  replied to  OldUSAFGuy @2.1.31    6 years ago
One Reporter out of how many on Fox. Is this the Official stance of Fox News in of itself or one reporter?

Here is another Fox News mouthpiece trying to spin Trump's racism.  Do you want me to continue to look for more?

Rachel Campos-Duffy (who's married to Rep. Sean Duffy) claimed that for the good of the country, Democrats shouldn't have exposed Trump's racism.

Rachel was pearl-clutching all over the network today from Fox and Friends to Outnumbered. I wonder why?

After Juan Williams, the #OneLuckyGuy from today's show said how unconscionable it was for Trump to utter those 'vulgar' words against the people, Campos-Duffy came in to defend Trump by playing the "cranky old-man" card and attacking the leakers from the meeting.

Rachel started by saying Trump meant to be vulgar towards the countries and not the people of those countries he called shitholes.

She said, "I don't agree with this term, I'm glad Mia Love put that out."

Jerry Verlinger
Freshman Silent
2.2  Jerry Verlinger  replied to  Rmando @2    6 years ago
Gotta love those "unnamed sources".  I wonder how long before this turns out to be fake news too.

Don't hold your breath.  The room was filled with bipartisan lawmakers and correspondents.  Unlike previous asshole comments made by our Chief Liar, there have been no denials from the WH re; these comments.

He said it. He is a white supremacist, racial, bully.  

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
2.2.1  Rmando  replied to  Jerry Verlinger @2.2    6 years ago

He's racist for pointing out the truth? That's assuming he actually said what is claimed.

I guess I can expect every liberal to immigrate to Haiti now since it's such a first world paradise.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.2.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Rmando @2.2.1    6 years ago

He's an embarrassment as a human being. 

Assuming there are reasons to limit immigration from Haiti or Africa, it can be done without demonstrating to the world that you are an asshole. 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.2.3  Raven Wing  replied to  Jerry Verlinger @2.2    6 years ago

That he is supposed to represent what is supposed to be the best in America is an embarrassment for our country.

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
2.2.4  Rmando  replied to  JohnRussell @2.2.2    6 years ago

Maybe he should've just called those countries "deplorables" and then that would have been okay.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.2.5  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Rmando @2.2.4    6 years ago

"deplorables" refers to deluded US voters

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.2.6  Raven Wing  replied to  Rmando @2.2.4    6 years ago

There are a great many areas right here in the good 'ol US of A that would qualify as the same as what Trump called those other countries. How can anyone hold their own head up and speak crap about other countries and their people when we have turned out backs on such areas right in our own backyard. 

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
2.2.7  Rmando  replied to  Raven Wing @2.2.6    6 years ago

You're right. Democrat run cities like E St Louis and inner cities everywhere are pretty bad.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.2.8  Raven Wing  replied to  Rmando @2.2.7    6 years ago

There are places in the South that are just as bad if not worse, and they are governed by Republicans. So what has the political party got to do with it?Other than to just talk political smack to make yourself feel good, that is.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
2.2.9  lady in black  replied to  Rmando @2.2.7    6 years ago

Alabama is a red state that has shithole areas, they voted for a pedo....

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.2.10  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Raven Wing @2.2.8    6 years ago

Kansas is another Republican shithole, people are leaving there so fast that Kansas is having to sell towns instead of homes.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.2.13  Raven Wing  replied to  lady in black @2.2.9    6 years ago

Yep. I have lived in every Southern state except Florida, but, I have visited many of the areas there. The Republicans like to talk like they are the only ones who care about the American people, but, it seems that they just talk smack to try and make themselves look superior. And the Democrats like to do the same thing about the Republicans. The fact is, both are guilty of turning a blind eye to those areas and making matters even worse. Neither party has the right to brag about being the better party. They both are only in the game for their own personal gain and agenda, and to Hell with the people they are supposed to care about. The only time either party gives a crap about the people is when their time for election is due, and then they are all bragging about who much the people mean to them to get their votes. Then laugh at them when they win. They are all just like a catfish...all mouth and no a$$.

Trump nor any other President has the right to condemn any other country, we have our own backyard to clean up before we have the right to condemn others. 

My opinion. 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.2.14  Raven Wing  replied to  Have Opinion Will Travel @2.2.12    6 years ago

That is your opinion, but, the feelings of our allies tells me a different opinion. 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.2.15  Raven Wing  replied to  Have Opinion Will Travel @2.2.11    6 years ago

No more so than the Republicans are running them into the ground where they govern as well. It does work both ways, although, it makes you feel good to think not. So....carry on.

epistte
Junior Guide
2.2.16  epistte  replied to  JohnRussell @2.2.2    6 years ago
Assuming there are reasons to limit immigration from Haiti or Africa, it can be done without demonstrating to the world that you are an asshole.

Conservatives endorsed Archie Bunker as POTUS

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.2.17  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  epistte @2.2.16    6 years ago
Conservatives endorsed Archie Bunker as POTUS

I think that even Archie Bunker would have a problem with Trump.

epistte
Junior Guide
2.2.18  epistte  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @2.2.17    6 years ago
I think that even Archie Bunker would have a problem with Trump.

Can I refer to Jared Kushner as "Meathead"? 

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.2.22  bugsy  replied to  Jerry Verlinger @2.2    6 years ago

Where in his comment was there racist words? Let me help you....NOWHERE!!! There are many shithole countries that are ran by whites, most of them Russian satellites like Chechnya that many of their population that comes here bring nothing but their hands out when they get here.

Most Presidents we have had probably spoke like sailors, but because the media and the radical left hate this President so much, simply because he is not named Hillary, you never heard of those Presidents using "sensitive snowflake ears" words.

Trump only spoke the truth, and the loony libs just don't like it.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.23  Tessylo  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @2.2.10    6 years ago
'Kansas is another Republican shithole, people are leaving there so fast that Kansas is having to sell towns instead of homes.'

Thanks to Sam Brokeback Mountain.  He must have drained their coffers dry.  Fucking bastard.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.26  Tessylo  replied to  Shepboy @2.2.25    6 years ago
'Sorry I am a little particular with words used some time :D Not a Pedophile, but an ephebophile.  Huge difference between the two .'

Really because it's all about the terminology laughing dude

He still likes to diddle under age girls - that's a pedophile in my book.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.2.27  Trout Giggles  replied to  Raven Wing @2.2.13    6 years ago

I've seen the same kind of shitholes in rural Arkansas...where everybody votes republican

Uncle Bruce
Professor Quiet
2.2.28  Uncle Bruce  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.2.27    6 years ago
I've seen the same kind of shitholes in rural Arkansas...where everybody votes republican

Well, if you want to talk about shitholes and how they vote, don't forget Detroit, which continues to vote Democrat as it sinks deeper and deeper into the septic tank of America.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.2.29  Trout Giggles  replied to  Uncle Bruce @2.2.28    6 years ago

But that's just it, I'm not talking about places like Detroit...I'm talking about places like rural Arkansas where the people adore trump. He calls places where the brown people come from "shit holes" all the while forgetting about the millions of white people in his own back yard that live in shit holes

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.2.31  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  NORMAN-D @2.2.30    6 years ago

Sure,

“Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?” Trump said, according to these people, referring to countries mentioned by the lawmakers.
Trump then suggested that the United States should instead bring more people from countries such as Norway,

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-attacks-protections-for-immigrants-from-shithole-countries-in-oval-office-meeting/2018/01/11/bfc0725c-f711-11e7-91af-31ac729add94_story.html?utm_term=.d1c6dcf91465

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
2.2.32  Spikegary  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @2.2.10    6 years ago

Detroit.  And drops the Mic.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
2.2.33  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Spikegary @2.2.32    6 years ago

Yeah, just look at that shithole.

tTYq66F.jpg

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
2.2.34  Spikegary  replied to  lady in black @2.2.9    6 years ago

Wait!  I thought they didn't elect Moore.  Does that mean the guy they did elect (the Dem) is a pedophile?  Damn.  seems contagious down there.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
2.2.35  Spikegary  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @2.2.33    6 years ago

Cute, Hal.  Why don't you show the rest of it, besides the shiny part that the poor can't even get near?

zuksam
Junior Silent
2.2.36  zuksam  replied to  Raven Wing @2.2.6    6 years ago
many areas right here in the good 'ol US of A that would qualify as the same as what Trump called those other countries.

And if you go those Area's you find large amounts of Immigrants from the very same Shithole Countries Trump was talking about Those Shithole Countries are Shitholes because of the Uneducated, Uncivilized people who live there and letting them move here just makes America a Shittier Place. It has nothing to do with Race, or Religion, We have People from every country in the world wanting to come here why would we want to let any but the very Best, most Educated, most Civilized Immigrants who would make America a better place come here. Uneducated Unskilled immigrants come here and directly compete with the very poorest Americans driving down wages and driving up rents in the places where our most vulnerable citizens live. If you care about the poor and want to fight poverty stop advocating for uneducated, unskilled immigrants from shithole countries and all those Businesses that pay poverty wages will have to raise those wages and rents will come down in those poorer areas and the working poor will finally get a break and start to get ahead.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.37  Tessylo  replied to  zuksam @2.2.36    6 years ago
'Those Shithole Countries are Shitholes because of the Uneducated, Uncivilized people who live there'

Sounds like you're talking about Donald Rump's supporters.  

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.2.38  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Spikegary @2.2.34    6 years ago
Does that mean the guy they did elect (the Dem) is a pedophile?

The word used was VOTE, no they didn't ELECT the pedophile, most of the rural areas VOTED for Moore but, he was not ELECTED. Even the Republican governor said she was going to VOTE for Moore.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.2.39  It Is ME  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @2.2.31    6 years ago
“Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?” Trump said, according to these people, referring to countries mentioned by the lawmakers.

I'd move over there....wouldn't you ? stunned

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.2.40  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  zuksam @2.2.36    6 years ago

Here, this is what "shithole" country's have given us.

We aren't getting the worst of them, we are getting their best and, because of that they are losing out in those country's.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.2.41  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  epistte @2.2.18    6 years ago

Sure, he qualifies.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.2.42  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  It Is ME @2.2.39    6 years ago

Why? I'm happy here and, I'd be happier if Trump was still just a loud mouthed real estate asshole.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.2.43  It Is ME  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @2.2.42    6 years ago
Why? I'm happy here

Me too !

That's why I wouldn't move to a "Shithole" either. Why downgrade ones self....huh !

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.2.44  MrFrost  replied to  Rmando @2.2.1    6 years ago
He's racist for pointing out the truth?

No, he is a racist because he hates black people. Any other questions? 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.2.45  Trout Giggles  replied to  MrFrost @2.2.44    6 years ago

It's really sad that you have to point out the obvious

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.2.46  MrFrost  replied to  NORMAN-D @2.2.30    6 years ago
Nowhere to be found.

IMG_20171022_052823.jpg

Uptownchick
Junior Silent
2.2.47  Uptownchick  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @2.2.33    6 years ago

Nice picture Hal.  I've lived in the Detroit area since 1976 and it has had some growing pains for sure but damn if they aren't trying. Not like you can wave a magic wand and fix everything all at once.  Get real tired of all the negativity about Detroit and Chicago, for that matter, especially from those who have never been there recently or ever! 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.2.48  MrFrost  replied to  Spikegary @2.2.35    6 years ago
Cute, Hal.  Why don't you show the rest of it, besides the shiny part that the poor can't even get near?

Standard trailer park in Mississippi. 

trailerhousetheaterset960x640.jpg

lady in black
Professor Quiet
2.2.49  lady in black  replied to  Shepboy @2.2.25    6 years ago

Okay wise guy....lol......

lady in black
Professor Quiet
2.2.50  lady in black  replied to  Spikegary @2.2.34    6 years ago

Another wise guy....lol....

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.51  Tessylo  replied to  Uptownchick @2.2.47    6 years ago

I love Chicago.  Like any major city - you have your drugs, your crimes and your killings. 

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.2.54  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to    6 years ago

Sorry, Ben Carson is his "token Black".

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.2.55  Trout Giggles  replied to  MrFrost @2.2.48    6 years ago

Actually, I think that might be West Virginia since it's a lot more mountainous than Mississippi. MS is very flat. West Virginians will put up a bunch of trailers in a wide spot at the bottom of the mountain because it's hard to put one on the side of a mountain, that's what my mom told me

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.2.56  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  It Is ME @2.2.43    6 years ago
That's why I wouldn't move to a "Shithole" either. Why downgrade ones self....huh !

Soooo, why would Trump think that the people of Norway would want to come to a country that doesn't offer what Norway does?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.2.57  Trout Giggles  replied to    6 years ago

and then he says "Why can't we get refugees from Norway?"

that is not hard to understand

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.2.58  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to    6 years ago

A key Democratic senator who was at the Oval Office meeting on immigration said President Donald Trump's denial that he called Haiti and African nations "shithole countries" is "not true" and confirmed that Trump made the "vile and racist" comments.
"He said things which were hate-filled, vile and racist," Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill., who was at the meeting, told reporters Friday morning. "I cannot believe that in the history of the White House, in that oval office, any president has ever spoken the words that I personally heard our president speak yesterday."

There now you have a NAMED source.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
2.2.59  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Uptownchick @2.2.47    6 years ago

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥!!!!!!!!

Explorerdog
Freshman Silent
2.2.60  Explorerdog  replied to  Shepboy @2.2.20    6 years ago

Fake news fake news fake news, is that worn out yet, oops it serves a valuable purpose and that is to discredit actual news sources and filling the void with the state sponsored and approved one.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
2.2.61  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Uptownchick @2.2.47    6 years ago

Detroit is a city that got too big (land-wise) to be manageable under even the best of circumstances.

I'm from Toledo, and used to go there fairly regularly.  People from Detroit are pretty passionate about their city.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.2.62  Jasper2529  replied to  Spikegary @2.2.32    6 years ago
Detroit.  

Speaking of shit holes, let's not forget Baltimore, Chicago, Philadelphia, Paterson and Camden (NJ), Los Angeles to name a few more.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.2.63  Jasper2529  replied to  Shepboy @2.2.25    6 years ago
Not a Pedophile, but an ephebophile.  Huge difference between the two .

Indeed there is, but those with limited vocabulary don't know this.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.2.64  Raven Wing  replied to  zuksam @2.2.36    6 years ago

Do you live in those countries and are speaking from personal experience? Are your ancestors Native Americans? If not, then they are immigrants to America just like the millions of others who came to America for a better life. How well educated were they? Scholars, professors, or merely working class people who took any job they could find to survive here.

It is easy to talk smack about other countries when you already live here, but, if your ancestors were not Native Americans they were also immigrants, and what makes you think your ancestors were any better when they came here than others from other countries. Would you now be an American citizen if they had not been allowed to come to this country?

Prejudice much maybe?

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.2.65  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @2.2.56    6 years ago

He didn't say that. He said we want people like the people of Norway. NOT a shithole by any means except for the socialism but you should check out the demographic and immigration policies of Norway..........You won't like it much I think. Let the class know will you?

We'll wait.............................

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.2.66  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  NORMAN-D @2.2.30    6 years ago

The racist part came in when he said he wants immigrants that are white (Norway).   Had he not added that I would agree that it would not have been racist, just ignorant as usual for him.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
2.2.67  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.2.27    6 years ago

Now now, TG - we've got one member here who defies the stereotype.  Shoutout to the AKhermit!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.2.68  Trout Giggles  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @2.2.67    6 years ago

He's so quiet I forgot about him.

You're absolutely right

Ender
Professor Principal
2.2.69  Ender  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.2.27    6 years ago

Same in Mississippi. Plenty of "shitholes" that vote strictly red party line.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
2.2.70  Dean Moriarty  replied to  Raven Wing @2.2.64    6 years ago

Native Americans ancestors migrated to America just like the others did. They are not special. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.2.71  Trout Giggles  replied to  Dean Moriarty @2.2.70    6 years ago

really? They came in boats? Really?

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
2.2.72  Sunshine  replied to  Raven Wing @2.2.64    6 years ago
Are your ancestors Native Americans

Native American ancestors came from somewhere else also. 

Nearly one-third of Native American genes come from west Eurasian people linked to the Middle East and Europe, rather than entirely from East Asians as previously thought, according to a newly sequenced genome.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
2.2.73  Dean Moriarty  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.2.71    6 years ago

I added a link to explain it to you. See above. 

How did you think they got here a flying stork dropped them off or something?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.2.74  Split Personality  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.2.62    6 years ago

What happened to " but it's more important to be nice"?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.2.75  Trout Giggles  replied to  Dean Moriarty @2.2.73    6 years ago

Yeah....I saw this over a week ago.

Native Americans came to this continent via the Beringian Land Bridge. They settled North and South America then the Europeans came, claimed the continents for themselves.

Then came Manifest Destiny. You don't need a history lesson from me

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.2.76  Trout Giggles  replied to  Split Personality @2.2.74    6 years ago

laughing dude

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
2.2.77  Dean Moriarty  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.2.75    6 years ago

Then we both agree they migrated here and are no different than everybody else. 

epistte
Junior Guide
2.2.78  epistte  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @2.2.61    6 years ago
Detroit is a city that got too big (land-wise) to be manageable under even the best of circumstances.

Detroit collapsed economy when the financial mismanagement of GM and Chrysler caused the unemployment to rise and the tax base to evaporate.   Blame it on Roger Smiths tenure at GM.

I might go to the NAIAS new week at Cobo Hall.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.2.79  Trout Giggles  replied to  Dean Moriarty @2.2.77    6 years ago

Yes, they are different because they were here FIRST! The only beings that were here before them walked on 4 legs

epistte
Junior Guide
2.2.80  epistte  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.2.62    6 years ago
Speaking of shit holes, let's not forget Baltimore, Chicago, Philadelphia, Paterson and Camden (NJ), Los Angeles to name a few more.

Did you forget Alabama, Mississippi, Louisana, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas?

50. Mississippi – Median household income: $39,680  Poverty rate: 21.5%
49. West Virginia – Median household income: $41,059  Poverty rate: 18.3%
48. Arkansas – Median household income: $41,262  Poverty rate: 18.9%
47. Alabama – Median household income: $42,830  Poverty rate: 19.3%
46. Kentucky – Median household income: $42,958  Poverty rate: 19.1%
45. Tennessee – Median household income: $44,361  Poverty rate: 18.3%
44. Louisiana – Median household income: $44,555  Poverty rate: 19.8%
43. New Mexico – Median household income: $44,803  Poverty rate: 21.3%
42. South Carolina – Median household income: $45,238  Poverty rate: 18.0%

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.2.81  Raven Wing  replied to  Dean Moriarty @2.2.70    6 years ago
They are not special.

Not in the way you are trying to infer. But, they were in this land thousands of years before any other peoples immigrated here.

And it seems that some are deliberately trying to down play the fact that if Native Americans had rejected the early Europeans instead of embracing them, and that pattern was followed throughout the years, the majority of the people who are American born citizens would not have been born as such, as their ancestors would have been denied the right to live here. So what makes them think they are so much more special than others who want the same thing their own ancestors wanted when they came to this country? How educated were their own ancestors that they think they are so very special as to say that other people who want to come to this county are so unworthy?

It is merely 'feel good' smack on their part. The "I'm worthy, but, they aren't" attitude. 

They bring shame to what our our country stands for and its symbol, the Statue of Liberty. 

So...what makes them so very special, just because they already live here?

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.2.82  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Sunshine @2.2.72    6 years ago

Who was here before them? No one, except four legged creatures, like Bison.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.2.83  Trout Giggles  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @2.2.82    6 years ago

They always forget that part

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
2.2.84  Sunshine  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @2.2.82    6 years ago

so...who cares?  they migrated too...that is the point.  the comment implied that if one was of American Indian heritage their ancestors are not immigrants.

Americans want their immigration policies enforced and reviewed.  That is what Trump is doing.  If you don't like it, then get him voted out next election.

Uptownchick
Junior Silent
2.2.85  Uptownchick  replied to  epistte @2.2.78    6 years ago

Let me know if you do because I was thinking about going for the first time in long time!

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.2.86  Raven Wing  replied to  Sunshine @2.2.72    6 years ago

True. Like all other areas of the world thousands of years ago, Native Americans migrated to the Northern Hemisphere from many different directions other than just the Bering Strait, and long before knowledge of the 'New World' was ever heard of. Humans migrated into other lands on the European continent and Asia thousands of years ago as well and established their own lands, either intermingling with the original people who already lived there, if any, or trying to annihilate them to make sure only their own kind survived there. 

The truth is, those who came after the original Native peoples were indeed immigrants to the land. If they had been driven out and never allowed to live there ever, the people who are descendants of those immigrants would not be living there today. The same for America and the descendants of those who immigrated to this country. They are no one to tell others they are unworthy to immigrate and live in this country. 

This is my opinion. And I have the right to express it, even if others disagree. 

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.2.87  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Sunshine @2.2.84    6 years ago
If you don't like it, then get him voted out next election.

I'm working on it.

Now, as I said in another post, who was here before the Native Americans? No one. When the first Europeans arrived, the Native Americans helped them out, if they hadn't the Europeans would have died and, it progressed to what we have today but, people like you and, Trump want to change that, you want only "highly skilled" people to come to this country. How skilled were your ancestors when they arrived here? Were they told to leave or, that they weren't welcome here because of the lack of skill they had? No, otherwise you wouldn't be here.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.2.88  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Raven Wing @2.2.8    6 years ago

EXAMPLE PLEASE? Show me a twin to Baltimore, Chicago, Detroit, Los Angeles, Newark............I'll wait

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.2.89  Raven Wing  replied to  Sunshine @2.2.84    6 years ago

Now I remember where I have seen your handle before. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.2.90  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @2.2.82    6 years ago

And they were pissed as hell. Sumbitches almost wiped them off the face of the earth.

chuckle

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
2.2.91  Sunshine  replied to  Raven Wing @2.2.86    6 years ago
They are no one to tell others they are unworthy to immigrate and live in this country.

Our country has immigration policies/laws.  We are a nation of laws, if you want to live as the American Indians did and not have a nation of laws then one needs to move some where else.  Bringing up Native Americans is completely irrelevant to the world we live in today.

We have the right to follow our laws established.  We have a right to have those laws enforced.  As long as Trump is following and comforming to our immigration laws/policies he is doing his job.  We also have a right to question and change our policies and laws according to what may be best for our country.  Our nation can tell someone they are not worthy if we so choose.  We tell people all the time they are not worthy, refugees, etc.  We can not let everyone in the world who is suffering into our country.  It is our responsibility to the next generation to make the right decisions.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.2.92  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @2.2.87    6 years ago

Those who immigrated here from Europe were all pretty much on even keel in abilities and ability to survive those days. As well as being pretty much of the same mindset.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.2.94  Raven Wing  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.2.92    6 years ago

That is pure BS. Obviously you prefer to ignore history. If it had not been for the native people who already lived here the new comers would have died of starvation and unable to survive the winter.

You should refresh your history.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
2.2.96  Sunshine  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @2.2.87    6 years ago

What do our ancestor have to do with what is best for the country today?  

Like I said if you don't like what Trump is doing then help get your party some substance instead of just pointing fingers all the time.

Democrats have no platform and just yell racist.  That is all there collective brains can muster, and then they wonder why they have lost a crap load of seats.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.2.97  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.2.92    6 years ago

LOL, yeah, sure, tell it to the people who documented the first year.

Wampanoag tribe helped the newcomers who almost starved to death their first
year, showing them how to plant crops. In the fall of 1621, the Pilgrims celebrated
their first successful harvest with a feast, attended by the Wampanoag. Since they
have been ravaged by disease from earlier visits by Europeans, they were
extraordinary friendly, but it soon disapated with the arrival of more Europeans and
the seizure of more of their lands,
and stealing from the natives who resisted with
violence (Horgan, 2010).

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.2.98  Raven Wing  replied to  Sunshine @2.2.91    6 years ago
Bringing up Native Americans is completely irrelevant to the world we live in today.

No. It isn't, only that you like to think so. I never said that immigration laws should be broken by anyone. The issue is not about legal immigration, it is about denying a specific group of people the right to legally immigrate from another country simply because of where they now live and the color of their skin. You want to bring in the laws issue to detract from what I actually said and put our words in my mouth to suit your own agenda, or..... you just want to stir the pot. 

Either way, I don't play those games. If that is all you have to offer to the conversation then find someone who actually enjoys playing your games. 

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.2.99  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Sunshine @2.2.96    6 years ago

Reminder, Virginia, North Carolina, Alabama, do any of these recent elections ring a bell?

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.2.100  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.2.90    6 years ago

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
2.2.102  Sunshine  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @2.2.87    6 years ago

We have had a very generous and open immigration policy since then too.

By your logic we should let the whole world migrate here because my ancestors where helped or unskilled...good grief.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
2.2.103  Sunshine  replied to  Raven Wing @2.2.98    6 years ago

oh ok, get a little push back and run...bye bye

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.2.104  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Raven Wing @2.2.94    6 years ago

DID I STUTTER AND SAY THEY WERE SELF SUFFICIENT AND DID IT ALL ON THEIR FUCKING OWN? IF SO, WHERE?

Jesus Christ people. I said they were all pretty much the same and from what I know and your statements, they must have been Democrats on top of that. Couldn't make it on their own and needed someone else to do FOR them. It cost to come over here I would surmise and your mom and pop farmer more than likely couldn't afford the trip. So it was those who had, where they came from at least, instead of those that could. Again, they must have been elitist Democrats that don't think only react.

FFS

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.2.105  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Raven Wing @2.2.98    6 years ago
denying a specific group of people the right to legally immigrate from another country simply because of where they now live and the color of their skin.

DAMN get off the color bullshit!!! He stated "shitholes" meaning countries nothing else.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.2.106  Raven Wing  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.2.104    6 years ago

If you can't address me in a civil tone and speech, do not reply to my comments. Screaming at me is not necessary, and using foul language is uncalled for, as I have not addressed you in that manner.

Our conversation is ended.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.2.107  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @2.2.99    6 years ago
Reminder, Virginia, North Carolina, Alabama, do any of these recent elections ring a bell?

Please enlighten me...............Virginia was a GOP win. Alabama, well the Dems influenced that one (you know like Russia did our last election...ROFLMAO), North Carolina, not sure what you are talking about..........

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.2.108  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.2.104    6 years ago

Gosh, I don't know, they sound pretty damned conservative to me.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.2.110  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.2.107    6 years ago
.Virginia was a GOP win.

No, Virginia wasn't a GOP win. When the election started the Republicans controlled both houses in Virginia, they don't control them anymore or, the governorship of the state. The win in North Carolina is a court win, the gerrymandering that the Republicans did there to insure that they wouldn't lose any seats and, would continually gain seats has been turned over by the courts.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.2.112  Trout Giggles  replied to  NORMAN-D @2.2.111    6 years ago

Did the numbers in epistte's post force you to write that little rant?

I live in the South so why don't you just come on down here and I'll show you examples of what I've been talking about. Trailers full of white people, methed up, tattooed over every inch of their body, collecting "disability" and full on Trump lovers. Not voters...these people don't vote. But they love the trump because he thinks like them, looks like them, and talks like them.

But he doesn't give a shit about them

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.2.113  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Sunshine @2.2.102    6 years ago

Yeah, good grief is right, I didn't say that and, you know it, you are reading into what I did say. People have been coming here who are unskilled since the Pilgrims, everything that they learned they learned because they had to, to live. People that weren't farmers in England had to learn to farm, to build their homes, make roads, build city's, most of them didn't come here with that knowledge, they had to learn it, when they got here. Yes, there were skilled workers who came here then and, since but, there were many more who came here without any skill sets that would work here.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.2.114  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.2.105    6 years ago
DAMN get off the color bullshit!!! He stated "shitholes" meaning countries nothing else.

He said country's like Haiti and, continents like Africa were shit holes and, then he said "why can't we get more immigrants from places like Norway". In other words why can't we get more blond haired, blue eyed people here. Can we make it any plainer for you? Trump is a damned racist asshole.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.2.119  Trout Giggles  replied to  NORMAN-D @2.2.118    6 years ago

sure, Norman, whatever you say, Norman

<rolls eyes>

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
2.2.120  Sunshine  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @2.2.113    6 years ago
Yeah, good grief is right, I didn't say that and, you know it

you said it again!  

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2.2.121  1stwarrior  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @2.2.97    6 years ago

Yup - forgot to mention the those wonderful ILLEGAL ALIENS also wiped out four of the Native American nations who had been here for thousands of years because the ILLEGAL ALIENS wanted their lands.  Yeah, Squanto was really impressed, especially when those wonderful ILLEGAL ALIENS murdered he and his tribe/nation.

'Member Squanto???  He's the one who said that the ILLEGAL ALIENS were good people and that we could live peacefully with them.

Too bad we had such piss poor immigration laws within our tribes/nations.

Ender
Professor Principal
2.2.122  Ender  replied to    6 years ago

Republicans only won the state house by a coin toss.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.2.123  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to    6 years ago

There is something fishy in the results. The courts are being asked to look into it.

Republicans boasted a 66-to-34 majority going into the Nov. 7 elections.

At a meeting last week, state Elections Commissioner Edgardo Cortés said that former registrar Juanita Pitchford erroneously assigned 83 voters from the 28th House District to the 88th. After further investigation, he said the state had discovered a total of 384 misassigned voters, including some in the neighboring 2nd House District. Of those, 147 of the misassigned voters cast ballots.
Elections officials said they are not sure why Pitchford, who died in April, made the changes.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/virginia-politics/virginia-elections-board-certifies-two-state-house-races-despite-irregularities/2017/11/27/0f3e73b6-d394-11e7-b62d-d9345ced896d_story.html?utm_term=.c13b5855edae

You will also notice in the first sentence it shows what the control of the legislature looked like before the election and, you put up what it looks like right now, without the courts intervening. I think there's reason for the Democrats of Virginia to celebrate.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.2.125  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to    6 years ago

Read my post.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.2.127  MrFrost  replied to  NORMAN-D @2.2.117    6 years ago

IMG_20170220_092412.jpg

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.2.128  Split Personality  replied to    6 years ago

And one case is still challenged in court

a loss by 75 votes with 14 plus votes cast in the wrong counties?

If this result is flipped the D's have a tie in the VA House.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.2.130  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to    6 years ago

It ain't over until the fat lady sings and, she isn't warming up yet, if it comes to it, they may have to have a special election to determine the two districts that are in question, if it is decided for the Democrats your party loses another state.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.2.134  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  MrFrost @2.2.46    6 years ago

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2.2.137  1stwarrior  replied to  Sunshine @2.2.91    6 years ago

"live as the American Indians did and not have a nation of laws"

Sunshine - ya got a lot to learn 'bout Native Americans and their concept of law.

You know this little thing called the U. S. Constitution???  Know where it came from?  Magna Carta, (European) Common Law and the Iroquois Confederacy.  Little Tommy Jefferson, Benjie Franklin, Alex Hamilton, Jimmy Madison, Johnny Jay and others, met with the Iroquois Confederacy and its leaders to learn of the governing style of the Native Americans (you'll find those meetings addressed in the Federalist Papers).  Why??  Well, the Confederacy's government centered around the 300,000+ Iroquois and it was based on the "Tree of Peace".

The Tree of Peace helped unite one of the most powerful leagues ever, The Iroquois League of Nations. The Iroquois League was made up of six tribes: the Cayuga, the Mohawk, the Oneida, the Onondaga, the Seneca, and the Tuscarora.

The tribes of the Iroquois League at one time were fighting with one another. There were fierce battles, but the people grew tired of the fighting. So they agreed to bury their weapons under a giant white pine tree. They believed that the weapons would be carried away by the under ground waters. So they sent the weapons off through the path of the roots. The weapons went in all four directions. After that, the tribes no longer fought. Instead, they formed the Iroquois League.

When the colonists were setting up their meetings to discuss the formation/organization of the new government, they met with the leaders of the Iroquois Confederacy, a Native American government comprised of six powerful tribes of the Northeast.  The Iroquois Confederation had been formed in about the 1100 to 1300 timeframe and had been governed under the Great Law of Peace since about 1300.  The Great Law of Peace was a centralized government format that was based on input from all members of the Confederacy, not just the leaders and Clan Mothers.

Benjamin Franklin, who had studied the foundation and framework of the Great Law of Peace, addressing the Albany Congress in 1754, said he didn’t see how the colonies couldn’t develop a government based on the example of the Confederacy whose government had lasted and been sustained for hundreds of years.

The colonials employed some of the concepts of the Great Law of Peace in the development of the Constitution, such as participation in the governmental by all, bicameral legislature of the House and Senate, one government, common territory and common defense, freedom of religious expression, passage of laws by consensus, election by the people of one leader and removal from office by impeachment for non-performance of assigned duties.

Native American tribes/nations have very strong and strict laws/regulations/policies - all of which emphasize and enforce harmony within the tribe.  Granted, the vast majority of the tribes/nations didn't/don't believe in harsh/capital punishment, but, they would not hesitate to banish someone for flagrant violation of any of the tribes/nations customs/traditions or religion.

There is a lot more to learn and if you're interested, I or a few others on NT will be more than happy to answer any of your questions.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.2.138  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to    6 years ago

If you support Trump, which I've seen you do on here today, then you are a Conservative, RWer and, he is your choice, not mine.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2.2.140  1stwarrior  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @2.2.114    6 years ago

S-S-S-S-S-S-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-T-C-C-C-C-C-C-C-C-C-C-C-C-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H

Damn Galen - you're good.  I coulda never, ever stretched a word/thought from one thing to make it into an entirely different context/meaning.

Wow.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.2.141  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  NORMAN-D @2.2.139    6 years ago

Just so you won't have to actually work for it.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.2.142  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  1stwarrior @2.2.140    6 years ago

No stretch, just truth and, facts.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2.2.143  1stwarrior  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @2.2.31    6 years ago

Washington Post????????????????   That's your source???????? laughing dude laughing dude laughing dude laughing dude laughing dude

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2.2.144  1stwarrior  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @2.2.58    6 years ago

Dick Durbin???? Dem from Illinois??????  The state that has locked up more Governors for stealing/lying/adulterous relationships/gangster ties/buying "Senator's" seats (think Obama Galen - think Obama) than any other??????????????/laughing dude laughing dude laughing dude

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.2.145  Split Personality  replied to    6 years ago

The VA House went from a supermajority of 66 GOP to 34 Dems in the House with a GOP Governor guaranteeing no challenge to their gerrymandering for years.

to a  Dem Governor

and at worse a 51 GOP to 49 Dems (after the Yancy tiebreaker ) and there is still one contest being challenged in court which could bring the balance back to 50-50.

The GOP clearly has no supermajority any longer although they will get to choose the Speaker.

Those Reps just might have to learn to work together for VA's sake.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.2.146  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  1stwarrior @2.2.143    6 years ago

I'll find one for you that you will like.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.2.147  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  1stwarrior @2.2.144    6 years ago

Here then from a Republican who was there.

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.2.148  bugsy  replied to  NORMAN-D @2.2.111    6 years ago

Look at the demographics of blacks in most of the states they always cite, especially Mississippi and Alabama. Most of those states have 30 percent or more black populations, where most of the blue northeast and northwest states have populations under 10 percent. The national average is 13 percent

Why do liberals hate blacks so much?

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.2.149  bugsy  replied to  lady in black @2.2.9    6 years ago

Those shithole areas have large black populations, some as much as 90 percent or better. Why do you hate blacks so much?

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.2.150  bugsy  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.2.79    6 years ago

Do you have a copy of their immigration laws that Europeans broke?

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.2.151  bugsy  replied to  Ender @2.2.122    6 years ago
Republicans only won the state house by a coin toss.

So what? Hillary won 6 in a row and she still is not President.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
2.2.152  Bob Nelson  replied to  1stwarrior @2.2.137    6 years ago

Oh, please, 1st!!

White people learning from brown people? Don't be silly.

White people always know best.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
2.2.153  lady in black  replied to  bugsy @2.2.149    6 years ago

The shithole areas that voted for the pedo Moore are white communities.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.2.154  Raven Wing  replied to  1stwarrior @2.2.137    6 years ago

Very well presented, 1st. Thank you for sharing that information. Some seem to think that all Native Americans were stupid and it was the Europeans that had to teach them how to be intelligent beings. 

Rex Block
Freshman Silent
2.2.155  Rex Block  replied to  epistte @2.2.80    6 years ago

Did you forget Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas?

You just made Trump's point, why are we taking in the dregs of impoverished countries when we have enough problems here at home...thanks to years of Democrat governance??

epistte
Junior Guide
2.2.157  epistte  replied to  Uptownchick @2.2.85    6 years ago

I haven't been to Cobo Hall for about 10 years.  I used to go every year when I worked for GM engineering in the early to mid-1990s. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.2.158  bugsy  replied to  lady in black @2.2.153    6 years ago

Your opinion he is a pedo. No proof. Of course, libs don't need proof, their "feelings" are suffice. BTW, the post I originally responded to concerned states that utilize welfare.

Nice attempt at deflection, but......fail...

epistte
Junior Guide
2.2.159  epistte  replied to  bugsy @2.2.148    6 years ago

Try facts,

In spite of the prevailing stereotypes and assumptions about who uses SNAP Food Stamp benefits the most in the United States, the highest usage is not in Compton, Queens, nor the South Side of Chicago. Instead, a city that is 99.22% white and 95% Republican comes in the lead. Owsley County, Kentucky is a community of about 5,000, residents earning the lowest median household income in the country outside of Puerto Rico, according to the U.S. Census.

epistte
Junior Guide
2.2.160  epistte  replied to  Rex Block @2.2.155    6 years ago
You just made Trump's point, why are we taking in the dregs of impoverished countries when we have enough problems here at home...thanks to years of Democrat governance??

Trump has said nothing about addressing the economic, education, healthcare and social problems in those states.  Those states are also Trump supporters and very religious.

Trump is racist trash.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.2.161  Split Personality  replied to    6 years ago
Wouldn't it be easier to just say I have no idea what i'm talking about so I'm just going to pull shit out of my ass?

Thanks for the insults.

You are correct that 2/3s was considered 67, not 66 as I read elsewhere on a clearly Blue source,  thanks for the link.

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.2.162  bugsy  replied to  epistte @2.2.159    6 years ago

Where in my post did I mention Kentucky? I said Alabama and Mississippi. Skirting the CoC [ph]

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.2.163  bugsy  replied to  epistte @2.2.160    6 years ago
Trump is racist trash.

Comment removed for CoC violation [ph]

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.2.164  Split Personality  replied to    6 years ago
so technically you gained nothing.

I don't live anywhere near VA.  Trump lost a governorship.  The people of VA elected who they wanted.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.2.165  MrFrost  replied to  NORMAN-D @2.2.135    6 years ago

85503e5cb80dfa7ac8d5befb43817291.jpg

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.2.167  Raven Wing  replied to  Sunshine @2.2.103    6 years ago

Bugger off. You simply want to stir the pot. I had your number a long time ago. 

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
2.2.168  Sunshine  replied to  Raven Wing @2.2.167    6 years ago

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2.2.169  1stwarrior  replied to  Bob Nelson @2.2.152    6 years ago

Forgive me Bob - I keep forgetting that good one

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2.2.170  1stwarrior  replied to  Raven Wing @2.2.154    6 years ago

Raven, that is one of the saddest things that we have to live through.  You, Kavika and I (and a few others) can only try to continue to TRY to educate - but, damn, it's so hard to do which such hate filled folks, eh?

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2.2.171  1stwarrior  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @2.2.147    6 years ago

From your source -"Two of Graham's Republican colleagues, Sens. Tom Cotton (Ark.) and David Perdue (Ga.), issued a statement Friday saying they did not recall Trump explicitly making the "shithole" comments as reported."

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
2.2.172  Sunshine  replied to  1stwarrior @2.2.137    6 years ago
The Tree of Peace helped unite one of the most powerful leagues ever

do you have some links for this legend..your dates are way off to the writing of the Constitution.  You need to check the facts compared to the Legend of the Tree of Peace before you start lecturing people.

owlsview677
Freshman Silent
2.2.173  owlsview677  replied to  1stwarrior @2.2.170    6 years ago

A better education is needed to educate those who are hard to educate. Facts that destroy perceptions are not received warmly.

lib50
Professor Silent
2.2.174  lib50  replied to  bugsy @2.2.22    6 years ago
Trump only spoke the truth, and the loony libs just don't like it.

The truth that he and his supporters are racist?  Check it out, David Duke, Richard Spencer and all the other American bigots and supremacists are doing exactly what you are doing, defending and praising his 'truth'.  All republicans should pay attention as they stand next to the big dog with lots of fleas.  You can't be surprised when we point out the flea bites.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2.2.175  1stwarrior  replied to  Sunshine @2.2.172    6 years ago

I'll let you show me my error(s) - after you read the below.  I have a LOT more information - if you need it.

• Cynthia Feathers and Susan Feathers, "Franklin and the Iroquois Foundations of the Constitution,"   The Pennsylvania Gazette :   www.upenn.edu/gazette/0107/gaz09.html
  • Bruce Johansen, "Native American Ideas of Governance and U.S. Constitution," U.S. Department of State:  
  • Jack Rakove, "Did the Founding Fathers Really Get Many of Their Ideas of Liberty from the Iroquois?" History News Network:  

"Albany Plan of Union - 1754" -

In 1754, at a meeting of colonial representatives in Albany,   New York , Franklin proposed a plan for uniting the colonies under a national congress. Although his Albany Plan was rejected, it helped lay the groundwork for the   Articles of Confederation , which became the first constitution of the United States when ratified in 1781." 

" In June and July of 1754 Franklin had attended the Albany Conference, where negotiations with the Indian allies of the colonies and discussion of plans for colonial union had been carried on simultaneously. At that time his famous "Albany Plan," somewhat modified from his original proposals, was unanimously accepted and recommended to the British and colonial governments ( Complete Works.... II, 343-75)."  -  

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.2.176  Tacos!  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @2.2.33    6 years ago

Most cities look good from a distance and either right after a rain (I see clouds) or on Sunday when the air quality is improved. That picture looks like it's  taken from about 5 miles away. From that distance, I don't have any wrinkles, either. I also smell pretty good.

Here are some close pictures.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
2.2.177  Sunshine  replied to  1stwarrior @2.2.175    6 years ago

The myths and legends surrounding Dekanaweidah have the roots in the oral histories that followed many Native American tribes throughout their histories.

well this is the first clue

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.2.178  Tacos!  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.2.112    6 years ago

Wait a minute. I thought pointing out poverty was supposed to be racist against people of color. Or at the very least, mean. Seems like a double standard.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.2.179  Tacos!  replied to  epistte @2.2.80    6 years ago

I think the president's point is that he doesn't want to add to all that. That's actually a concern worth addressing (once we get over the vapors).

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.2.180  Tacos!  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.2.79    6 years ago
Yes, they are different because they were here FIRST!

What's the point, though? Should we send all people back to where they were the first people to walk that land? How would that even work? I have DNA from all over the planet.  

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.2.181  Tacos!  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.2.45    6 years ago
It's really sad that you have to point out the obvious

How is it obvious that he hates black people?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.2.182  Tacos!  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @2.2.54    6 years ago
"token Black"

Now that's racist.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.2.183  Raven Wing  replied to  Sunshine @2.2.168    6 years ago

You just used a number to refer to me as the Devil. I don't think that will pass the CoC. Nice going. 

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
2.2.184  Sunshine  replied to  Raven Wing @2.2.183    6 years ago

you're not the boss of anyone....bugger off

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.2.186  Raven Wing  replied to  Sunshine @2.2.184    6 years ago

Didn't say I was, did I? But, name calling of other Members is a CoC violation. 

epistte
Junior Guide
2.2.187  epistte  replied to  bugsy @2.2.163    6 years ago
As are you...

That is a very nice personal attack that you have.

You and a few others would do better in these discussions when you learn not to become emotionally invested in the discussions. When you stay emotionally disconnected you won't feel the need to make logical fallacies or lash out with personal attacks at those who you are debating with.   

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.2.188  Raven Wing  replied to  1stwarrior @2.2.170    6 years ago

Indeed 1st. However, we are not alone. Many of our people what been trying to do that for hundreds of years, yet, the majority simply turn a deaf ear as they don't have any interest in learning, they only want to believe that they have all the right answers, have the only rights to be recognized, and the only people who really count. Everyone else is just expendable human trash to them to be done away with. And then have the nerve to accuse others of being elitists. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.2.189  MrFrost  replied to  NORMAN-D @2.2.136    6 years ago
Provide the data and source for that BS....or remove it.

Prove that it's wrong? We'll wait. Start here..

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.2.190  Tacos!  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @2.2.134    6 years ago

An awful lot of that that is positive (lower oil imports for example) are the result of actions taken by someone other than Obama. Some of the negatives (like increased debt) are things over which he had a lot of control, but failed to improve. You can just throw up numbers (for any president) and claim it says something about his presidency.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
2.2.191  Tacos!  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2.2.66    6 years ago
The racist part came in when he said he wants immigrants that are white

Please post a link to the quote where he said, "I want immigrants that are white."

Or, you know, maybe withdraw the comment.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @3    6 years ago

And he wants "refugees" from Norway.

I didn't realize that Norway was having so many problems that people wanted to flee from it

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.4  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @3    6 years ago

That is one HELL of an embellished headline.

Politicususa? Really? Explains a LOT.

laughing dude laughing dude crazy

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3.4.1  Split Personality  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @3.4    6 years ago

Yep, straight out of the "liberal" playbook....attacking the source?

smh.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
4  Galen Marvin Ross    6 years ago

I posted this as soon as I saw  it on my news feed.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @4    6 years ago

I didnt see it on the board. Sorry. put your link here and i will close this seed. 

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
4.1.1  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1    6 years ago

No, this is an Op-Ed, mine is the story itself, leave it up. What gets me is he wants more people from Norway to come here, like they would leave a country with better everything to come here. I'm not sure if I did this right.

Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘shithole’ countries in Oval Office meeting
community » Discussions » Topic » News & Politics » Discussion » Trump attacks protections for immigrants from ‘shithole’ countries in Oval Office meeting

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
4.1.2  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @4.1.1    6 years ago

No, I didn't.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.3  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @4.1.1    6 years ago

you have to copy the url for the page of your seed

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
4.1.4  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.3    6 years ago

I don't know how to do that. It's one of the things that I never learned to do.

Maybe I got it now.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.5  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @4.1.4    6 years ago

yep

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
4.1.6  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.5    6 years ago

John, leave yours up as well, like I said, its opinion. It's really two story's not one.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.7  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @4.1.6    6 years ago

neither one of them will probably get many comments, lol. 

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
4.1.8  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.7    6 years ago

I don't know, lets give it a few days and, see. I think you might be surprised.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
6  lady in black    6 years ago

Sad commentary on the US that trump does not act presidential in any way, shape or form.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
10  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    6 years ago

Yeah, 'cause people from Norway are knocking each other over to get out of that country. 

nightwalker
Sophomore Silent
10.1  nightwalker  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @10    6 years ago

Good point. What's here for them? Statistics indicate they are happy, active and live a long and healthy life.  

I can't imagine why trump would want them here anyway, they be them evil Socialist types what are only a half-step away from total dictatorship and they've been that way for a century or two or three according to some opinions.

trump wouldn't want those Socialist ideas floating around this Country, would he?

Dulay
Professor Expert
10.1.2  Dulay  replied to  Shepboy @10.1.1    6 years ago
That is why we should focus with helping governments of other countries who want to make their country great like ours. First there would need to be a democratic process for election, a government that really wants to take care of its people.

Perhaps we should ensure that WE have a 'democratic process for election, a government that really wants to take care of its people' BEFORE we pretend we can teach others anything. 

Once that foundation is in place, then money can be spent on creature a great infrastructure, building safe, secure, homes, roads, water supply / waste management.

Where in THIS country is that standard met? 

As much money as we have in this world there is no reason why people should be trying to flock to America, when people can stay in their own country and prosper.

The definition of 'shithole' is subjective. Our 'shitholes' look like paradise to those who have it much worse. 

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
12  Skrekk    6 years ago

Perhaps the most delusional part of Trump's racist rant was his assertion that there would be any Norwegians who would want to immigrate to a shithole run by sociopath.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
13  The Magic 8 Ball    6 years ago

did trump use another word you do not like?  ya'll crack me up :)

there are shitholes in this world and it is not our responsibility to import everyone who wants to leave one.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
13.1  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @13    6 years ago

Why not? We accepted criminals from England, Ireland, and, Scotland in the past.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
13.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @13.1    6 years ago

How do you think I got here?

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
13.1.2  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Trout Giggles @13.1.1    6 years ago

LOL, I agree, my ancestor got here because he decided to fight against Queen Elizabeth I, he felt that she had no right to Scotland.

bugsy
Professor Participates
14  bugsy    6 years ago

I sit here and read comments from liberals complaining that President Trump has yet again spoken his mind and said what most of us, even many liberals, have been thinking for a very long time. These countries Trump my be speaking of have been shit holes since the beginning of time, and the leadership of those countries seem to just not give a crap.

Here is your chance, liberals. You don't like Trump calling these countries shitholes? Then go to those countries and help them not be such shitholes. Why do you constantly want uneducated, unvaccinated, unvetted people from countries that many of those that come here come for one reason? To have the current US population pay their way through life. Show the President that these countries are not such shitholes.

Do us all a favor, though...let us know when you are leaving so we can give our condolences to your family since you will be going to countries that hate Americans and will not think twice to kill you.

Rex Block
Freshman Silent
14.2  Rex Block  replied to  bugsy @14    6 years ago
Why do you constantly want uneducated, unvaccinated, unvetted people from countries that many of those that come here come for one reason? To have the current US population pay their way through life. Show the President that these countries are not such shitholes.

The liberals try to make us think they really care about these people, but the truth is, they are only pandering for votes when they welcome in the great unwashed masses from other countries. Does anymore remember Obama's open invitation to Central American and Mexican "kids" to come to the border and be accepted into the US "temporarily"?? Well, the "young people" came in droves and towns near the border were overwhelmed by "Obama's kids", including a lot of gang members, as a perfunctory "processing" was performed, and the youngins' were released into the country "promising" to finish that processing at a later time. No one has any idea where most of them are now.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
14.3  It Is ME  replied to  bugsy @14    6 years ago

I really thought the "Clinton" foundation already solved all problems. thumbs up

Maybe their overhead was more than "Reported". stunned

Dulay
Professor Expert
14.4  Dulay  replied to  bugsy @14    6 years ago
I sit here and read comments from liberals complaining that President Trump has yet again spoken his mind

So you don't believe Trump when he insists that he didn't say it. I suppose it's more PC to admit that Trump is a liar rather than a racist. 

and said what most of us, even many liberals, have been thinking for a very long time.

I disagree that MOST OF US think that way. 

Here is your chance, liberals. You don't like Trump calling these countries shitholes? Then go to those countries and help them not be such shitholes.

That's a false choice. I don't like Trump calling ANY ENTIRE country a shithole because it shames our nation, it disrespects those countries and it caused our allies to question the competence of our leadership

BTFW, it seems to me that Trump's base whined about being 'forgotten and left behind. Why didn't they just help each other to make their region to be less of a shithole?  

Why do you constantly want uneducated, unvaccinated, unvetted people from countries that many of those that come here come for one reason? To have the current US population pay their way through life.

That statement is sadly uninformed. I doubt you're actually interested but the ACTUAL standards for the Visa Lottery are easily available online for review. 

Do us all a favor, though...let us know when you are leaving so we can give our condolences to your family since you will be going to countries that hate Americans and will not think twice to kill you.

There are plenty of places right here in America where Americans hate other Americans and would not think twice about killing a fellow citizen. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
14.4.1  bugsy  replied to  Dulay @14.4    6 years ago
So you don't believe Trump when he insists that he didn't say it. I suppose it's more PC to admit that Trump is a liar rather than a racist.

I said Trump spoke his mind. In other words, I believe he said what is reported. Reading comprehension much?

I disagree that MOST OF US think that way.

Your opinion, as was my comment. Nothing special about you.

That's a false choice. I don't like Trump calling ANY ENTIRE country a shithole because it shames our nation, it disrespects those countries and it caused our allies to question the competence of our leadership

BTFW, it seems to me that Trump's base whined about being 'forgotten and left behind. Why didn't they just help each other to make their region to be less of a shithole?  

Seems like we did. We voted for Trump. Also, the rest is your opinion. Nothing special.

That statement is sadly uninformed. I doubt you're actually interested but the ACTUAL standards for the Visa Lottery are easily available online for review. 

Why even have lottery visas? You want to come here, do it like the rest of legal immigrants do it. No LEGAL immigrant is any better than any other LEGAL immigrant.

here are plenty of places right here in America where Americans hate other Americans and would not think twice about killing a fellow citizen. 

That's why I never plan on visiting a liberal shithole.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
14.4.2  Jasper2529  replied to  Dulay @14.4    6 years ago
[bugsy] Why do you constantly want uneducated, unvaccinated, unvetted people from countries that many of those that come here come for one reason? To have the current US population pay their way through life.
----------

Bugsy's statement is not uninformed, Dulay. According to the US State Department, DV applicants don't even need a high school diploma that's equivalent to US citizens and legal permanent residents. Their 
"work experience" doesn't have to be specific except that it must be 2 years. We certainly don't need more burger and fries workers!

bugsy
Professor Participates
14.4.3  bugsy  replied to  Jasper2529 @14.4.2    6 years ago

Thanks, Jasper, for the clarification.

Dulay
Professor Expert
14.4.4  Dulay  replied to  Jasper2529 @14.4.2    6 years ago
Bugsy's statement is not uninformed, Dulay. According to the US State Department, DV applicants don't even need a high school diploma that's equivalent to US citizens and legal permanent residents. 

Let's look back at Bugsy's statement. 

uneducated, unvaccinated, unvetted

You just acknowledge that they need a high school education.

From the US State Department website:

"High School Education: A high school education means successful completion of a formal course of elementary and secondary education comparable to completion of a 12-year course in the United States." 

BTFW, MANY of the Visa Lottery winners have degrees from the US. 

Their "work experience" doesn't have to be specific except that it must be 2 years. We certainly don't need more burger and fries workers!

False. AGAIN, from the US State Department website:

"Work Experience: If you are qualifying with work experience, you must have two years of experience in the last five years, in an occupation which, by U.S. Department of Labor definitions, requires at least two years of training or experience that is designated as Job Zone 4 or 5, classified in a Specific Vocational Preparation (SVP) rating of 7.0 or higher." 

Zone 4 [the minimum qualification] starts with Accountants and ends with Wind Energy Project Manager. Hardly 'burgers and fries workers'.

Now as for vaccinations, here are the facts from US Immigration Services. BTW, they also have to have a medical examination. 

Q. Why do immigrants and adjustment of status applicants have to show proof they have received certain vaccinations?
A. In 1996, Congress provided in legislation that every immigrant entering the United States, or every individual seeking adjustment of status to that of a legal permanent resident, show proof that he or she was vaccinated against vaccine-preventable diseases. The text for this requirement is in the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), section 212(a)(1)(A)(ii).

Okay, last but not least, vetting. EVERY Visa recipient goes through an IBIC background check and FBI fingerprint/name check AND a face to face intensive interview. 

So while you and Bugsy may prefer to sling crap at the wall to see what sticks, I prefer empirical FACTS. 

Uncle Bruce
Professor Quiet
15  Uncle Bruce    6 years ago

I've been to Haiti.  It's a shithole.

I've been to Kenya.  It's a shithole.

I'm not seeing a problem here.

Oh, and for the record, I've been to Perth Australia.  It's a Pussy Paradise. 

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
15.2  Sunshine  replied to  Uncle Bruce @15    6 years ago

yep they are all shitholes, that is why people want to leave them.  

It Is ME
Masters Guide
17  It Is ME    6 years ago

"Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?”

Yeah....why do we ALWAYS seem to have to do that anyway ?

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
17.1  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  It Is ME @17    6 years ago

I think it might have something to do with who we were decades ago.

“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.”

― Emma Lazarus

It Is ME
Masters Guide
17.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @17.1    6 years ago

Times change huh.

According to Liberals....we are a Repressive and Oppressive Country now, so why bring in more people that can be Repressed and Oppressed !

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
17.1.2  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  It Is ME @17.1.1    6 years ago

No, liberals don't say that we are repressive now, they say we have repressive traits and, they are right, we do have people here who feel that the only people who should be here are the whites and, that is where Trump is coming from, he wants only whites to come to this country and, to be in this country. Trumps remarks over the past few years tell you that if you bother to really listen to what is being said. It is Trump who is the racist and, he holds the highest office in the land, he represents us whenever he opens his mouth or, tweets so, the question is, do you want a racist talking for you?

Rex Block
Freshman Silent
17.1.3  Rex Block  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @17.1.2    6 years ago

Why are you so interested in these people? Are the left wingers simply pandering for Democrat votes? We know they don't care about the less fortunate all that much...they just use them and then ignore them. Like forgetting about minorities and working people in the US for a long time now.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
17.1.4  It Is ME  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @17.1.2    6 years ago
o, liberals don't say that we are repressive now, they say we have repressive traits and, they are right, we do have people here who feel that the only people who should be here are the whites

Again.....why would you want people from elsewhere coming here ?

Gawd......I love it when a Liberal types try Sugar coating.....

....Now it's Repressive "TRAITS"close call

Holy Shit that's a laugh.laughing dude chuckle laughing dude chuckle laughing dude

Digging a whole

TRUMP IS HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
17.1.6  Raven Wing  replied to  Rex Block @17.1.3    6 years ago

"Why are you so interested in these people?"

It's called 'humanity'. Ever heard of it? 

OldUSAFGuy
Freshman Silent
17.1.7  OldUSAFGuy  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @17.1    6 years ago

Hmmm Was that there when the Rosevelt Adm. Turned away boat loads of Jews seeking refuge from Nazi Germany?

Because they were Undesirable and a Security risk to U.S.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
17.2  MrFrost  replied to  It Is ME @17    6 years ago
Yeah....why do we ALWAYS seem to have to do that anyway ?

At least one Haitian graduated from West Point in 2016. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
17.2.1  It Is ME  replied to  MrFrost @17.2    6 years ago

Big hugs

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
18  Bob Nelson    6 years ago

Fascinating "conversation"...

It shows how far into the gutter Trump has lowered standards for the President of the USA. Saying "shithole countries" would be in bad taste in any circumstance... but for the President... nothing is too crass.

And then comes the "conversation" on NT. The decent members showing the (now very fatigued) outrage that common decency requires when confronted by unacceptable crassness... and the Unthinking Faithful TM defending Trump by any and all means, Skirting the CoC [ph]

Of course, tons of Bad Faith .

What's the point? Why bother? We all know exactly how any "conversation" involving Trump will play out. NT's politics forum has become pointless. The vandals have won.

Explorerdog
Freshman Silent
18.1  Explorerdog  replied to  Bob Nelson @18    6 years ago

Have you noticed that the Trump Fan Group is and has been holding at one member and counting. Sad but true.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
18.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Explorerdog @18.1    6 years ago

Pathetic isn't it?  laughing dude

owlsview677
Freshman Silent
18.1.2  owlsview677  replied to  Explorerdog @18.1    6 years ago

What a ridiculous thing to say. Just because a good number of us who support Trump refuse to engage in the idiotic conversations conducted by persons of both the left and right here on NT, new and left over trolls from NV that started this site doesn't mean we aren't here.

Is a country that has a lot of poor people a shit hole country? No! A country with a government that does nothing to improve conditions within it's own borders, now that is a shit hole country. Countries that treat their poor from cradle to grave as being unworthy of receiving a basic education, basic health care, opportunity to improve themselves. Shit hole isn't a vulgar enough description.

Trump's remarks aren't racist, they are accurate. The countries in Africa Trump refers to, Black aristocracies keeping Black citizens in poverty hoarding their natural resources for themselves. Central and South America, Hispanic aristocracies doing the same to their Hispanic citizenry.

Sympathy for the oppressed? Damn straight. I have no problem being my brother's helper but I have no intention of being my brother's keeper. All of you whiners about how these people need our help. What kind of help?

There are a lot of homeless, poor and starving people in this country that need help. Open the doors to your homes, your pantries your bank accounts help them live better. Screw your kid's college fund, to hell with concerning yourself with surviving after you can no longer work. All of those sincere thank yous won't do a thing to keep you from becoming homeless, poor and starving just as they are.

Every time Trump says something truthful the establishment in this country goes bananas. How dare the President tell it like it really is. It would be so much better if he acted like the Clintons and pretended to care about these countries manipulating our foreign policies to profit off of their so called charitable acts.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
18.1.3  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  owlsview677 @18.1.2    6 years ago

So, I take it you think like Trump, that only white people from white country's should be allowed into this country.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
18.1.4  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  owlsview677 @18.1.2    6 years ago
The countries in Africa Trump refers to, Black aristocracies keeping Black citizens in poverty hoarding their natural resources for themselves.

You're completely missing the point which was Trump questioned why we have to accept immigrants from those countries, those people who have been mistreated and who want to find hope and opportunity but happen to be black or brown. He asked why we can't just get more immigrants from Norway or other predominately white countries. That's what makes it racist, not just that he called some countries "shitholes".

owlsview677
Freshman Silent
18.1.5  owlsview677  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @18.1.4    6 years ago

Or perhaps an idiotic Democrat partisan. Or perhaps a butt hurt Establishment type sad because they won't be able to benefit from cheap imported labor.

I suppose you also think Trump is against the premise of DACA after all that is the impression MSM is giving. False news. Trump wants a solution, wants to help these kids. He has said he will sign whatever Congress comes up with. Congressional solutions, not mandates put out by dictatorial Presidents that can be changed by any President that comes down the pike.

It isn't Trump that is keeping the DACA participants on edge and insecure, it's a Congress that refuses to do it's job. It's not just about Hispanics it's about complete overhaul of our immigration system. White people? Russians are white and they abuse our system exactly the same way Hispanics do on a very large scale. Any idea of how massive the number of illegal Asians are living in this country? How about India? A highly developed nuclear shit hole of a country. The rich come here to get educated and then go back home, the poor get brought in on temporary visas and then get left here to work for low wages for convenience stores owned by there own countrymen like indentured servants who can never make enough to pay back what their "sponsors" claim it cost to bring them here and feed them originally.

I am not missing the point at all DP, you are pursuing a false narrative. Our immigration problems are not racially based, they are the product of the class warfare that goes on in countries where the haves want nothing to do with the have nots. Blacks and Hispanics are used as pawns by MSM. Easily identifiable, perpetual victims. Victims of what? Racism or the Elitist practices of their home governments who prefer that they leave and go elsewhere?

Trump didn't say more immigrants from white countries. How about more immigrants who actually want to come here and contribute, not escapees from their own governments that don't want them. Countries of many different ethnic backgrounds use us as a trashcan. Rather than bringing their own countries into the modern world for all of their citizens they use our immigration laws that were written with good intentions as a venue for disposing of people that "they" consider unworthy.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
18.1.6  Raven Wing  replied to  owlsview677 @18.1.5    6 years ago

Talk about a spin job, your is a perfect example of a good one. Congrats.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
18.1.7  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  owlsview677 @18.1.5    6 years ago

Do you ever feel like a pretzel?

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
18.1.8  1stwarrior  replied to  Raven Wing @18.1.6    6 years ago

Hmmmm - I thought it was a damn good explanation.

owlsview677
Freshman Silent
18.1.9  owlsview677  replied to  Raven Wing @18.1.6    6 years ago

Thank you Raven Wing. It isn't uncommon for true independents that give a damn about the truth to have more realistic perspectives than others. We don't allow our emotional buttons to be pushed by innuendos, slurs and half truths. We have no need to embellish on things that have been said. We do not drink at the well of imaginary facts. We do not feast at the table of hyperbolic false claims as do those who do not want to deal with complete truth.

My perspective does not come from Trump. It comes from what many consider to be the worst type of creature to be considered human. I have some things in common with Lord Obama. I'm a stinking half breed, I am just as white as he is. Now there is some Black blood in my veins, a result of inter racial marriages in my family, but my other half is what many call Native American. My mother was a reservation Indian. Of course the Asian genes in her bloodlines means she isn't really Native American, just one of the earliest immigrants to make the trek from Asia to North America.

When it comes to racism I don't see where color has anything to do with whether or not a person is a human being. Race isn't a problem. Using it as an excuse for treating others in an uncivilized manner is where Racism comes from.

owlsview677
Freshman Silent
18.1.10  owlsview677  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @18.1.7    6 years ago
Do you ever feel like a pretzel?

Not since I retired and stopped crawling through attics to fix other people's problems.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
18.1.11  Raven Wing  replied to  1stwarrior @18.1.8    6 years ago

You would.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
18.1.12  Raven Wing  replied to  owlsview677 @18.1.9    6 years ago

I agree with all you said. Civility is something some people are unable to deal with. As are facts. They like to consider themselves to be so much more superior than anyone or anything on earth, yet, in the whole of everything, humans are barely visible spec on the radar. 

It is easier to demean and denigrate others then to believe that all human life matters. They demand respect from others, but, offer none back, as they feel they are above such things, and only they are entitled to it. 

They prefer to speak with an acid tongue to incite hate and divisiveness, rather then with one that would create Harmony, tolerance and understanding. They look only at one view and call it the only reality, when the world is really so much bigger than they are. They feel they are the only ones entitled to be called Americans, and all others are just unworthy trash.

However, that is on them, not me. 

We are all connected, we are all one. No one human being is more important than any other, nor, any human being less important than any other.  

Thank you for your kind words and very insightful conversation. I look forward to many more. (smile)

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
18.1.14  Skrekk  replied to  owlsview677 @18.1.2    6 years ago
Trump's remarks aren't racist

LOL.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
18.1.15  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  owlsview677 @18.1.5    6 years ago
How about India? A highly developed nuclear shit hole of a country. The rich come here to get educated and then go back home

" Compared with the overall foreign- and native-born populations, immigrants from India on average are significantly better educated, more likely to be employed in management positions, and have higher household incomes. In fiscal year (FY) 2015, nearly half of Indians who obtained lawful permanent residence in the United States (also known as receiving a green card) did so through employer sponsorship. The remainder qualified as immediate relatives of U.S. citizens or through other family-sponsored channels."

"In 2015, 77 percent of Indian adults (ages 25 and over) had a bachelor’s degree or higher, compared to 29 percent of all immigrants and 31 percent of native-born adults. Notably, among college-educated Indian immigrants, more than half had an advanced degree.

The high educational attainment of Indian immigrants is a result of the specific channels they use to enter the United States. Many Indians arrived either as international students or H-1B workers, to fill jobs that usually require a university degree, and often stay to pursue permanent residence. Indian citizens were the top recipients of H-1B visas, accounting for 74 percent of the 345,000 petitions (initial and for continuing employment) approved by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) in FY 2016."

You're the one being misinformed by bigoted racists bent on bleaching America. You may not be a white supremacist but it's obvious you've been frequenting their misinformation websites and listening to all their right wing BS. America is a still a shining city on a hill despite everything the worthless white nationalists have done to sabotage it. People around the world want to come here because of our constitution and our cherished freedoms and opportunity. The lies from the right wing spin machine have many peoples heads screwed on backwards so it's no surprise to hear a defense like you posit, but you're the one listening to fake news friend. America is a melting pot of cultures and ideals and we are stronger for it, not weaker. The so-called "browning" of America isn't an affliction, it's a blessing as we fight for equality for all, regardless of race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, faith or lack thereof.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
18.2  Dean Moriarty  replied to  Bob Nelson @18    6 years ago

Calling the members of NTers vandals is a great example of posting in bad faith. 

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
18.2.1  Sunshine  replied to  Dean Moriarty @18.2    6 years ago

only "decent members" are worthy  vomit

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
18.2.3  Dean Moriarty  replied to  Release The Kraken @18.2.2    6 years ago

Yes that was one of NTers most entertaining train wrecks. 

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
18.2.5  Bob Nelson  replied to  Release The Kraken @18.2.2    6 years ago
Remember when he spammed dozens of articles after making his case against vandals? LOL

I remember that episode very clearly. I completely lost control of my temper, and made an ass of myself. It was one of a few incidents that made me very unhappy with myself, and made me decide to work on that temper.

I'd like to think that I've not been such an ass since then.

Whereas some other members have continued unchanged... and proud of themselves. Different people hold themselves to different standards. Some are proud to be asses. I do not want to be like that.

And you, Bf?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
18.2.6  Trout Giggles  replied to  Bob Nelson @18.2.5    6 years ago

I don't believe I was here for that incident, but I believe you are quite restrained considering the bullshit you have to put up with on your seeds/articles.

I think you have been a gentleman, Bob

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
18.2.7  Bob Nelson  replied to  Trout Giggles @18.2.6    6 years ago

I was an ass, believe me. But I'm getting better.

Ender
Professor Principal
18.2.8  Ender  replied to  Bob Nelson @18.2.7    6 years ago

All that I remember was you trying to post articles with RBR and they all kept breaking the rules, when you did the same to them they complained.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
18.2.9  Bob Nelson  replied to  Ender @18.2.8    6 years ago
All that I remember was you trying to post articles with RBR and they all kept breaking the rules, when you did the same to them they complained.

No... The incident we're talking about was a LONG time ago -- four or five years, maybe. I lose track. Another member vandalized an article I had written, with soft-core porn photos. That's acceptable behavior, here on NT. The CoC won't allow me to name the person who did it, but it will allow that person to do it. Go figure...  stunned

Anyway... I got very, very angry, and proceeded to post that same soft-porn photo to a whole bunch of other members' seeds. Caused a bit of a stir.

My behavior was childish. Worse, it put me at the same level of churlishness as the ass who first posted the photo... which is very definitely a place I do not want to be. I have nothing but contempt for that sort of behavior, so I was quite ashamed to have gone there.

It was a learning experience, about myself. Learning is good.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
18.2.10  Sunshine  replied to  Bob Nelson @18.2.7    6 years ago
I was an ass, believe me.

I believe you.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
18.2.11  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Sunshine @18.2.10    6 years ago
I was an ass, believe me.

where da sun don't shine  no ?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
20  MrFrost    6 years ago

Just wondering.....how would our republican congress have reacted if Obama had said White people come from "shithole" countries? Meh, I am sure they would not say a word and I am also pretty sure the right wingers would completely defend him as well...

/sarc

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
20.2  1stwarrior  replied to  MrFrost @20    6 years ago

He did - quite frequently.

"If I had a son. . . . . . . ."

MrFrost
Professor Expert
20.2.1  MrFrost  replied to  1stwarrior @20.2    6 years ago
"If I had a son. . . . . . . ."

How is that a racist comment? If George Bush said the exact same thing, would it be a racist comment if he was talking about a white kid? No. You are really reaching here.. LOL 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
21  MrFrost    6 years ago

Here is just one story about an immigrant from Ghana, (aka, "shithole" country)....

Emmanuel Mensah was a handsome, strongly built young man in his late 20s who immigrated to the Bronx from Ghana five years ago. He joined the Army National Guard but returned to his apartment on Prospect Avenue in December, after graduating from boot camp with the rank of private first class.

And on Thursday night, he lost his life trying to save people from his furiously burning apartment building, one of 12 people to die in the blaze.

“He brought four people out,” said his uncle, Twum Bredu, who lives next door. “When he went to bring a fifth person out, the fire caught up with him.”

Private Mensah was found in Apartment 15, his uncle said, but he lived in Apartment 11, with a friend of his father’s who was at home with his wife and four children.

Private Mensah, a decorated soldier who had been awarded a medal for marksmanship and was planning to join the military police, got that family to safety, then pulled out four more people, his uncle said, before returning to the building.

He never emerged; the authorities said he died of smoke inhalation.

The fire cut a deadly path through the building, with four children among the victims.

Maria Batiz was at home with her 8-month-old granddaughter when the fire swept up the stairs. Maris Orellana, who works at the Bronx Zoo Deli down the street, said Ms. Batiz was a regular customer and that this was her first grandchild.

On a   GoFundMe   page asking for support, Ms. Batiz’s daughter, Christine Batiz, said that while she was at work her mother watched the girl, a tiny child with big brown eyes. On Thursday night, she frantically called her daughter.

“She told me there was a fire in the building and she was trapped,” Christine Batiz wrote. “I never heard from her again. Later on, at around 1 a.m., I heard the news I never thought I would hear. I lost my angel baby and my best friend, my mother. The lady who birthed and would do anything for me is gone. I lost everything in a matter of minutes.”

Around the Belmont neighborhood on Friday, the loss of four members of one family, the Stewarts, carried a heavy resonance. In all, 13 family members — cousins, uncles, aunts — all lived in the building. They had moved to New York City from Jamaica and decided to stay close.

On Friday morning, Ambrozia Stewart stood on the corner of East 187th Street and Prospect Avenue, weeping into the frigid air. She had lost her youngest daughter, Karen Stewart-Francis, 37, and three granddaughters: Kylie Francis, 2, and Kelly Francis, 7; and Shawntay Young, 19, their cousin.

“I don’t know what to do and I don’t know how to feel. I need somebody to tell me what to feel,” Ms. Stewart said. “Where do I go from here? Four at one time — what do I do?”

Maria Rivera, 37, who lives in the building next door, said the Stewarts were familiar faces and that their generosity extended beyond their own relatives. “They were always together,” she said. When the weather was nice, they would host barbecues and invite neighbors to join them. “Come, you want to eat?” was their refrain.

Shevan Stewart, 44, another of Ambrozia’s daughters, said that her mother immigrated to the United States in the late 1980s, and that 19 of her family members followed her in 2004.

The family had just returned from visiting Jamaica last week.

Ms. Stewart-Francis, her husband, Holt Francis, and their two children had moved to their fifth-floor apartment from Manhattan about a year ago. Mr. Francis was in a coma at Jacobi Medical Center on Friday because of injuries he suffered in the fire.

Ms. Young, another member of the Stewart family, had lived in a basement apartment with her mother and stepfather.

Kenyon George, 19, said she was his girlfriend of seven months and they were constantly in contact, talking over FaceTime, text and Snapchat, even when she was in Jamaica visiting family. He last saw her two days ago, he said. Ms. Young had “a little attitude,” Mr. George recalled with a laugh, tears cutting across his cheeks, but it was impossible for him to stay angry with her for long. “It’s that smile, you know,” he said.

He said that he loved to cook for her, and she would sometimes ask him to teach her how. She graduated from Frederick Douglass Academy III high school in the Bronx, he said, and until recently had worked at a C-Town supermarket.

he was a mother figure to Mr. George’s baby boy, and they would often fall asleep together. Once, he recalled, he went upstairs in his home to cook as she and his son watched TV. “I came back down, they were asleep, ‘Law and Order’ still playing,” he said.

Now, he wondered — “What am I supposed to tell my son?”

Shevan Stewart, the family chef, said her relatives loved to gather for a meal in her first-floor apartment, where they would tell stories about her 102-year-old grandmother back home.

“I’m always cooking, and they’re always eating,” Shevan said.

On Thursday night, Shevan was cooking curry chicken and rice for herself when Ms. Young poked her head in to ask what Shevan was making. The dish was her favorite.

“She said, ‘I’m gonna come back. I’m gonna go to the fifth floor to visit Auntie Karen,’” Shevan said.

“I said, ‘Don’t stay long,’” Shevan recalled. “She said, ‘I’m gonna come back.’”

“But she didn’t come back,” Shevan added, her voice breaking. “She didn’t come back.”

The names of the five other victims have not yet been released. José Miguel Agreló, who lives nearby, said he watched a firefighter carry an unconscious child from the building, a thin boy he had often seen playing in the streets. The child was shirtless, wearing just a pair of shorts in the biting cold. “He was gone,” Mr. Agreló said.

I wonder what bone spur donny would have done? Sat down on the curb, watched people die, then gone for a round of golf and some chocolate cake, (then of course take cheap shots at the families of the people that died in the fire...). 

Coward trump bashing immigrants like these when he didn't have the backbone to serve in the military or ever, in his 70 years, once do anything for anyone other than himself. What an EPIC POS trump is. 

Spartacus
Freshman Silent
22  Spartacus    6 years ago

I agree that his comments are racist, so instead of adding to that obvious fact, I'll examine the other implications.

Let's look at this from a non-racist angle.

The president is the United States' chief diplomat and he actively and directly insulted American allies and partners.

Nigeria is a trading partner, diplomatic partner, and a partner in the War on Terror.  Relations between Nigeria and the U.S. have been close for a long time.

Djibouti allows the U.S. to have a military base and supports the War on Terror.

Egypt is considered to be one of the greatest Non-NATO allies of the U.S.

Morocco was the first country to recognize U.S. sovereignty, is another major Non-NATO ally, and has the longest U.S. treaty of friendship in place.

Tunisia is another major Non-NATO ally and routinely holds joint military exercises and operations with the U.S.

Kenya is one of the most pro-American nations in Africa and supports the U.S.' efforts in the War on Terror.

South Africa has great relations with the U.S. and has been a strategic partner in counter-terrorism and military relations.

These are just a few examples of the diplomatic damage his words can cause.

In addition, there are numerous U.S. forward operating sites, cooperative security locations, and contingency locations throughout Africa, as seen here:

africommapreal2_small.jpg

El Salvador has overall strong relations with the U.S., sent troops to Iraq as part of Operation Iraqi Freedom, and has been a steadfast counter-terrorism partner.

Haiti has good relations with the U.S., occupies a strategic location in the Caribbean, and was viewed as a counterbalance to Communist Cuba.

In short:

By insulting an  entire continent as well as countries with positive relations to the U.S., Trump has potentially strained an untold number of relations of key diplomatic, military, and strategic partners.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
22.2  Sunshine  replied to  Spartacus @22    6 years ago
entire continent as well as countries with positive relations to the U.S., Trump has potentially strained an untold number of relations of key diplomatic, military, and strategic partners.

omg...the sky is falling again 

Spartacus
Freshman Silent
22.2.1  Spartacus  replied to  Sunshine @22.2    6 years ago

Diplomacy 101: don't call allied and partner countries shitholes.  Seems like the "stable genius" failed that basic test.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
22.2.2  MrFrost  replied to  Spartacus @22.2.1    6 years ago

Or...

foxnewscult.jpg

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
22.2.3  Sunshine  replied to  Spartacus @22.2.1    6 years ago

And how many times have you been elected President?  I think he passed the final exam.  Only batshit crazy liberals believe the nonsense.

Dow will crash, Rocketman will nuke us, millions of children lose health care, tax plan will bankrupt the country, Melania is wearing sneakers....lol

wereallgonnadie.gif

Spartacus
Freshman Silent
22.2.4  Spartacus  replied to  Sunshine @22.2.3    6 years ago
Only batshit crazy liberals believe the nonsense

The "nonsense" that it's a bad idea to call allied and partner nations "shitholes?"

lib50
Professor Silent
22.2.5  lib50  replied to  Sunshine @22.2    6 years ago

You seem to take his racism very lightly.  Is it because you agree with him?  Or are you under the mistaken impression this is about the word 'shithole' without the context?  He is a racist, his words and his actions show us exactly who he is, and we've been observing for DECADES.   Why is his racism something we should just shrug off? 

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
22.2.6  Sunshine  replied to  lib50 @22.2.5    6 years ago
Why is his racism something we should just shrug off?

I really don't care what you shrug....race baiting is all the Democrats have had for 10 years...give it a rest.

lib50
Professor Silent
22.2.7  lib50  replied to  Sunshine @22.2.6    6 years ago
..give it a rest.

Not a chance.  I know what happens when people ignore this type of racism.  It really doesn't matter how you all try to deny and deflect, the entire world has seen and heard him and agrees with me.  The people who are defending him publicly are the racists like David Duke, Richard Spencer.... Now you can pretend your fringe reality is real, but the rest of the world, a huge majority of the world, sees what you don't.  You might want to let that rumble around the cavern.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
22.2.9  1stwarrior  replied to  lib50 @22.2.5    6 years ago

And Obama's racism didn't offend you at all, right?

OldUSAFGuy
Freshman Silent
22.2.10  OldUSAFGuy  replied to  lib50 @22.2.7    6 years ago

Was it OK for Rosevelt to Turn Away Boat Loads of Jews trying to flee Nazi Germany? They were called Undesirable and Security Risks. Many whom were killed by the hands of the Nazis later on. Put U.S. CITIZENS of Japanese and German decent in Camps just because of their Heritage? These were U.S. Citizens. Locked in Camps for no reason but their Heritage. And "Supposed" Security Risks.

lib50
Professor Silent
22.2.11  lib50  replied to  OldUSAFGuy @22.2.10    6 years ago
Was it OK for Rosevelt to Turn Away Boat Loads of Jews trying to flee Nazi Germany?

No, it was a disgrace.  I wasn't alive then to call him out.  We are over 70 years later.  Is is possible to stay current?

lib50
Professor Silent
22.2.12  lib50  replied to  1stwarrior @22.2.9    6 years ago
And Obama's racism didn't offend you at all, right?

Be specific.  I have no idea what you are referencing.

OldUSAFGuy
Freshman Silent
22.2.13  OldUSAFGuy  replied to  lib50 @22.2.12    6 years ago

Was Pelosi's remark on Immigration Policy being written by 5 white guys Racist?

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
22.2.14  1stwarrior  replied to  lib50 @22.2.12    6 years ago

This'll jog your memory - "He is a racist, his words and his actions show us exactly who he is, and we've been observing for DECADES."

Trump has been in office one year - not decades.  You're thinking of Obama who calls cops doing their job - pathetic - or offers a beer between a Black professor and a White cop - "the cop didn't know what he was doing" - even after the professor admitted he was wrong - "If I had a son" over a Black person killed in self-defense but was NEVER said over any of the White people who have been killed - never acknowledged his WHITE mother but constantly praised his BLACK father who ran off and left he and his mother.

Those kinda Obama things.

lib50
Professor Silent
22.2.15  lib50  replied to  OldUSAFGuy @22.2.13    6 years ago
Was Pelosi's remark on Immigration Policy being written by 5 white guys Racist?

I thought we were talking about Obama.  I don't know what she said, words or context so until I see it and there isn't something more important to discuss, table it.  Still waiting to hear for the Obama reference from anybody.

lib50
Professor Silent
22.2.16  lib50  replied to  1stwarrior @22.2.14    6 years ago

Do you think we've been under a freaking rock for decades?  Trump is a very public figure and if you only know him from his politics that is on you.  I pay attention.  Oh, and if that is what you consider to be examples of Obama's racism, sorry, that is not even close to an example.  You are in the minority (of the country and the world) who is so intent on protecting and deflecting that you may have lost the ability to recognize it.  Because it is seen and heard around the world for what it was, based on the character, words and actions of Trump himself.  And you are in that same group of defenders as the KKK and supremacist groups.  So yeah, we see it.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
22.2.17  Sunshine  replied to  lib50 @22.2.7    6 years ago

false accusations of racism doesn't work, in case you haven't noticed.  go ahead keep it up.  scream it to the sky...lol

OldUSAFGuy
Freshman Silent
22.2.18  OldUSAFGuy  replied to  lib50 @22.2.15    6 years ago

Google it. Its there.

Ya got your reply back on Obama.

Now answer my question............

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
22.2.20  igknorantzrulz  replied to  NORMAN-D @22.2.19    6 years ago

pass it to me    damnet

OldUSAFGuy
Freshman Silent
22.2.21  OldUSAFGuy  replied to  lib50 @22.2.16    6 years ago

How do YOU know he supports the KKK?

Or just playing the Race Card.

OldUSAFGuy
Freshman Silent
22.2.25  OldUSAFGuy  replied to  NORMAN-D @22.2.24    6 years ago

Doubt if he will..........

MrFrost
Professor Expert
22.2.27  MrFrost  replied to  1stwarrior @22.2.9    6 years ago

Was Obama a racist because of what he said, or because he is Black? In 8 years I never heard him say anything that was remotely racist, (I mean other than the far right wing spin machine twisting what he said to make it LOOK racist). Just like the right wing running around screaming, "WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE!!!!" for 5 years, never once  posting the entire quote so it can be read in context....but then, when you do that, the lame talking point falls apart. 

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
22.2.28  Colour Me Free  replied to  1stwarrior @22.2.14    6 years ago

There are very few that will acknowledge Obama and his actions .. Rev Wright was something that was explained away as a racial issue, something that America cannot understand because of its racism...

Many do not recognize the fueling of the flames when the Obama administration sided with the Brown family before any facts were available .. or the speech a week after the Zimmerman / Martin verdict where the then president said that if Trayvon had been white the outcome would have been different (even though we know that Zimmerman's 911 call was altered - still the narrative continued that he was racist and targeted a black 'boy')  .................... The whole clenching of purses and locking of doors as he walked by, was nothing more than race bating - playing as if he could relate due to experience, as he knew that by bringing this to the surface was going to enrage those that actually may have been treated in such a way.

It appears that racism is only an issue when there is a desire to makes it an issue - not long ago a fellow poster commented that his family was racist, nothing evil, as basically they were good people and were everyday racists (so now there are acceptable degrees of racism?)  Perhaps that is where the former Presidents racial baiting fits into the narrative - former President Obama was basically a good person and an everyday racist, not an extremist (like those that Trump said 'some were good people' .. if only 'we' had known the differences sooner) 

Do not forget everyday RACISM is okay!  Just never be seen with an extremist!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
22.2.29  Tessylo  replied to  Colour Me Free @22.2.28    6 years ago
'There are very few that will acknowledge Obama and his actions .. Rev Wright was something that was explained away as a racial issue, something that America cannot understand because of its racism...
Many do not recognize the fueling of the flames when the Obama administration sided with the Brown family before any facts were available .. or the speech a week after the Zimmerman / Martin verdict where the then president said that if Trayvon had been white the outcome would have been different (even though we know that Zimmerman's 911 call was altered - still the narrative continued that he was racist and targeted a black 'boy')  .................... The whole clenching of purses and locking of doors as he walked by, was nothing more than race bating - playing as if he could relate due to experience, as he knew that by bringing this to the surface was going to enrage those that actually may have been treated in such a way.
It appears that racism is only an issue when there is a desire to makes it an issue - not long ago a fellow poster commented that his family was racist, nothing evil, as basically they were good people and were everyday racists (so now there are acceptable degrees of racism?)  Perhaps that is where the former Presidents racial baiting fits into the narrative - former President Obama was basically a good person and an everyday racist, not an extremist (like those that Trump said 'some were good people' .. if only 'we' had known the differences sooner)'

Where did you dredge up all this nonsense?  President Obama is no racist.  Zimmerman's call was not altered.  Zimmerman is a racist and killed an unarmed young black man.  Race baiting?  Michael Brown was killed by a racist cop.  You're putting words in President Obama's mouth that he never said.  Race baiting?  You've got that totally backwards dear.  

Scary 'reality' some folks live in.  

epistte
Junior Guide
23  epistte    6 years ago

I hate the buggy NT software.

OldUSAFGuy
Freshman Silent
24  OldUSAFGuy    6 years ago

Rosevelt Adm. turned away boat loads of Jews seeking to enter the U.S. fleeing Nazi Germany. They were Undesirable and a possible security risk to U.S. Only to be sent back and many killed by the hands of Germans.

Look at the story of the USS St Louis.........

Story of Herbert Karl Bahr. What the U.S. Gov. and the FBI did to him.

Sooooo............

The only real differance is Rosevelt called them Undesirables and Security Risks and Trump said they come from Shithole countries ie  Same Message, Different Wording.

But yet the Liberals LOVE their Pres Rosevelt (not Teddy)

Wont even get into what happened to U.S. CITIZENS of Japanese decent in the U.S. during WW2. Germans Also that were U.S. Citizens.

lib50
Professor Silent
24.1  lib50  replied to  OldUSAFGuy @24    6 years ago

And what the hell does that have to do with the price of tea in China?  I'm here to say what Roosevelt did was wrong,  and had I been alive I would have been on him like a fly on shit.  And I plan to do that with Trump and all of his racist apologists and enablers.

OldUSAFGuy
Freshman Silent
24.1.1  OldUSAFGuy  replied to  lib50 @24.1    6 years ago

How is it Racist?

OldUSAFGuy
Freshman Silent
24.1.2  OldUSAFGuy  replied to  lib50 @24.1    6 years ago

Was it Racist when Pres Obama promoted Pres Clinton and his foundation to head up relief efforts in Haiti after the earthquake? When less than 10 percent of the Billions Collected actually went to Haiti? And those Haitians that did get relief money were screened as FOB (Friends of Bill)? 

Or just plain Fraud and Theft by Clintons?

lib50
Professor Silent
24.1.3  lib50  replied to  OldUSAFGuy @24.1.2    6 years ago
Or just plain Fraud and Theft by Clintons?

Oh, good god. 

OldUSAFGuy
Freshman Silent
24.1.4  OldUSAFGuy  replied to  lib50 @24.1.3    6 years ago

What else would you call it?

Relief?

That would just plain be funny!

Fraud and Theft fits...............

OldUSAFGuy
Freshman Silent
24.1.6  OldUSAFGuy  replied to  NORMAN-D @24.1.5    6 years ago

Here is a good one

OldUSAFGuy
Freshman Silent
24.1.8  OldUSAFGuy  replied to  NORMAN-D @24.1.7    6 years ago

Anytime

MrFrost
Professor Expert
24.1.9  MrFrost  replied to  OldUSAFGuy @24.1.2    6 years ago
Was it Racist when Pres Obama promoted Pres Clinton and his foundation to head up relief efforts in Haiti after the earthquake? When less than 10 percent of the Billions Collected actually went to Haiti? And those Haitians that did get relief money were screened as FOB (Friends of Bill)?

At least they donated. How much did Donny give? I mean, other than nothing? Oh wait, that's why we are here, because trump called Haiti a shithole. Yes, by all means, bash the Clintons and Obama for helping and praise trumptard for being the racist slug that he is. laughing dude

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
24.1.10  Jasper2529  replied to  MrFrost @24.1.9    6 years ago
At least they donated. How much did Donny give? I mean, other than nothing?

The Clintons "donated" only TWO PERCENT of the MILLIONS of $$$ that OTHER people donated to the Clinton Foundation. They assumed that the Clintons would use their  Clinton Foundation Haiti donations to help HAITI ... not fund Chelsea's wedding and line their own greedy and corrupt pockets.

Oh wait, that's why we are here, because trump called Haiti a shithole.

And Obama called Libya "a shit show". Big deal.

OldUSAFGuy
Freshman Silent
24.1.11  OldUSAFGuy  replied to  MrFrost @24.1.9    6 years ago

At least they donated...............

So by actually donating a couple of percent of the multi  millions collect is acceptable to you? Then what few that did get any money were hand picked as friends of Bill.

Acceptable... REALLY?

OldUSAFGuy
Freshman Silent
24.1.13  OldUSAFGuy  replied to  Have Opinion Will Travel @24.1.12    6 years ago

Hmmmm

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
24.2  Jasper2529  replied to  OldUSAFGuy @24    6 years ago

Woodrow Wilson, another Democrat, turned a blind eye to NYT and Ambassador Morgenthau reports regarding the Armenian Genocide. Not sure if they're still available, but I read many NYT archived articles about this.

Another thing - There were crickets when Obama called Libya "a shit show" a couple of years ago.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
25  Tacos!    6 years ago

It's fine to say something about this. For example, "that's rude" or something similar. But the way so many have people pulling out their hair over this for the last 30+ hours is orders of magnitude more stupid than the initial comment.

Seriously, is this the most important issue facing the country today? Because it sure has received the lion's share of coverage.

Having expressed our communal uncomfortableness over his alleged remarks, it's time to move on and actually answer his question. That way, we can move forward with an immigration policy that makes the most sense for Americans and potential immigrants around the world.

To reiterate, his question was:

“Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?”

The answer, IMO, is that it is the people in the shithole countries (yes, they are largely shitholes) who are most desperate to relocate. Educated, wealthy people in Norway are happy where they are and have no desire to move. It is mainly the people who lack opportunity or justice in their own country who look to immigrate.

When there are people abroad with special skills and there is a company here who needs them, we already have a program in place to bring that immigrant here. But for the most part, I'd rather not see a big flood of educated and highly skilled labor coming into the US market and pushing out educated Americans who are looking for work.

If we need to adjust the numbers, that's fine, but someone should point out to the president that the elite people he seeks aren't interested in coming to America.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
26  igknorantzrulz    6 years ago

cheese n crackers

lots of the same ole   same ole

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
26.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  igknorantzrulz @26    6 years ago

jim jones was taken

im formerly an igkorant von

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
27  igknorantzrulz    6 years ago

cheese n crackers

lots of the same ole   same ole

OldUSAFGuy
Freshman Silent
28  OldUSAFGuy    6 years ago

But yet when Pres Obama reffered to Libya as a "Shit Show" thats OK. A Show BTW he created.

Good ole Liberal Double Standard!

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
29  The Magic 8 Ball    6 years ago

shocker....  people from shit hole countries allow those countries to be shit holes, if they had something to offer a country except shit hole-ness they would stay and make their country great instead.

it is also no surprise the drama queens in our country need to invent drama to complain about.

personally.... it all just makes me laugh :)

how long do you think people in the usa would allow themselves to be forced to walk to another country and break their laws just to feed their families?    that bs would not last a year before we would turn this country upside down by its ankles and shake the corrupt people in charge out of office by hook, crook, or civil war.