╌>

'' I am not a racist '' Trump says

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  johnrussell  •  6 years ago  •  553 comments

'' I am not a racist '' Trump says

addtext_com_MjA1MTU2NTIzMTg.JPG

==========================================================

See the source image

President Donald Trump  defended himself Sunday in the wake of recent disparaging comments about Haiti and African nations, declaring that "I am not a racist."

Trump addressed the issue briefly as he arrived for dinner at his private golf club with House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy of California.

Asked what he thinks about people who think he is racist, Trump said, "No, No. I am not a racist." He told reporters: "I am the least racist person you have ever interviewed. That I can tell you."

Trump also denied making the statements attributed to him, but didn't get into specifics about what he did or did not say.

"Did you see what various senators in the room said about my comments?" he asked. "They weren't made."

Trump has been accused of using the word "shithole" to describe African countries during an Oval Office meeting last Thursday with a bipartisan group of six senators. The president also questioned the need to admit more Haitians to the U.S., according to people who were briefed on the conversation but were not authorized to describe the meeting publicly.

Trump also said in the meeting that he would prefer immigrants from countries like Norway instead.

The White House has not denied that Trump said "shithole" though Trump previously has pushed back on some depictions of the meeting.

http://www.nola.com/national_politics/2018/01/trump_racist_haiti_africa_resp.html#incart_river_home

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    6 years ago

Donny, how are those detectives you sent to Hawaii to find about Obama's birth certificate doing? Have they reported back yet? 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
1.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  JohnRussell @1    6 years ago
Donny,

the crooked racist !

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1    6 years ago
Donny, how are those detectives you sent to Hawaii to find about Obama's birth certificate doing? Have they reported back yet?

I'm afraid that dosen't prove racism. If Barak Obama was the only person to have the issue come up you may have a case, but when George Romney (father of Mitt), Barry Goldwater, John McCain and Ted Cruz all had their citizenship questioned it can no longer be a matter of race when one of the five of them happens to be black.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
1.2.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2    6 years ago
I'm afraid that dosen't prove racism

it doesn't have to

it sure does seem to add to the correlation though

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
1.2.2  Skrekk  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2    6 years ago
I'm afraid that dosen't prove racism.

No one would have suspected that the King of the Birthers holds racist views.

Capt. Cave Man
Freshman Silent
1.2.3  Capt. Cave Man  replied to  Skrekk @1.2.2    6 years ago

Can't imagine why anyone would think Obama was Kenyan, seeing how he advertised himself as one.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.4  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2    6 years ago

that is the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard vic. 

those other 4 had a molehill made of their issues

you guys made a mountain that lasted many years out of obamas birth

trump's birtherism was absolutely racist

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.5  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.4    6 years ago

[jrEmbed module="jrYouTube" youtube_id="eBxtcUXcjq8"]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.6  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Capt. Cave Man @1.2.3    6 years ago

Birthers are the dumbest fucks this country has ever produced.  I hope you are not a birther. 

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
1.2.8  Willjay9  replied to  Capt. Cave Man @1.2.3    6 years ago

Can't imagine why anyone would think Obama was Kenyan, seeing how he advertised himself as one.

Only someone who didn’t bother to read the Snopes article wouldn’t be able to imagine it!

The editor of the biographical text about Barack Obama which was included in the booklet maintained that the mention of Kenya was an error on her part and was not based on any information provided to her by Obama himself:

Miriam Goderich edited the text of the bio; she is now a partner at the Dystel & Goderich agency, which lists Obama as one of its current clients.

“You’re undoubtedly aware of the brouhaha stirred up by Breitbart about the erroneous statement in a client list Acton & Dystel published in 1991 (for circulation within the publishing industry only) that Barack Obama was born in Kenya. This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me — an agency assistant at the time,” Goderich wrote. “There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more.”

So in other words he did nothing of the sort

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
1.2.9  Willjay9  replied to  NORMAN-D @1.2.7    6 years ago

Soo.....you don't think that maybe the fact that Trump let Jesse Jackson use some of his property on 40 Wall Street during that time kind of had a factor in all that big praise?!

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
1.2.11  Willjay9  replied to  NORMAN-D @1.2.10    6 years ago
So...Now you are also calling Jessie Jackass a 'real-estate' whore? Wow....What next?

I’m calling Jesse Jackson a person an opportunist who during that time was at that time was coasting at the height of his career after his 1988 Presidential campaign and it was good exposure for Trump due to him having problems with opening the Taj Mahal during that time. So you don’t think that having a headquarters on 40 Wall Street given for free wont garner any praises and faux adulation then you’re lying to yourself!

Btw.....it's funny how you use Jesse Jackson as an example of how Trump isn't racist in one breathe while disparaging the man in the next!

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3  Skrekk    6 years ago

The only real dispute seems to be whether Der Fuhrer used the words "shit holes" or "shit houses".    Either way his racist and xenophobic intent was clear.

And given his 45+ year history of blatant racism it's funny that anyone is trying to give cover to the King of the Birther morons.   Even the DOJ knows he's a racist.

Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו
Junior Participates
3.1  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Skrekk @3    6 years ago
The only real dispute seems to be whether Der Fuhrer used the words "shit holes" or "shit houses".    Either way his racist and xenophobic intent was clear.

And he knows this is what his despicables want to hear.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4  Texan1211    6 years ago

So far, I haven't heard anyone really say that those countries aren't shitholes.

So, are they mad that he SAID it or that it is true?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Texan1211 @4    6 years ago
So far, I haven't heard anyone really say that those countries aren't shitholes.

I'm still waiting as well.

So, are they mad that he SAID it or that it is true?

They're made he said it.  You know, because it's not the sugar coated PC way they like things.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
4.2.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.2    6 years ago
I'm still waiting as well

in a restaurant, or something ?  n didn't I see you're into metal ? I prefer non ferrous metal myself

so you feel every country in the entire CONTINENT of Africa is a "$hithole" ?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.2    6 years ago

Why should the president of the United States be calling other countries shitholes, for any reason?

You don't seem to understand why Trump's remarks are not acceptable. 

If someone said  'X' , your hometown, is a shithole and people from there are not welcome in 'Y', you would think they were nuts. Even if 'X' is a shithole does that mean that everyone who comes from there is shit? 

And how many Haitians do you think are here, anyway? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.3  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.2    6 years ago

Gee, since the remarks are deemed to be unacceptable, why on earth would someone in the Democratic Party leak them?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.2.4  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.2    6 years ago
Why should the president of the United States be calling other countries shitholes, for any reason?

Probably because many are in fact shitholes.

If someone said  'X' , your hometown, is a shithole 

I would agree with them.  There is a reason I enlisted 26 years ago.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.6  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to    6 years ago

America is a nation of immigrants. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.7  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.6    6 years ago

And we have every right to decide who gets to come here and when. Deal with that.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.8  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.2    6 years ago

Don't most Democrats (at least the ones posting here) consider any red state, especially in the Deep South, a shithole?

That is the gist of their posting here on red states.

lib50
Professor Silent
4.2.9  lib50  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.2    6 years ago
You know, because it's not the sugar coated PC way they like things.

I won't sugar coat this.  You and many republicans are actively trying to defend what Trump said, by denial or deflection.  He is a racist and I say that because of everything I've seen, heard, read and observed for over 40 years.  Now he is a racist on steroids, giving other racists permission to come out in public.  Republicans in congress are either LYING or making sure their heads are up Trumps ass far enough to inhibit hearing.   The world sees what republicans are trying so hard to hide.  Can't wait to hear Jeff Flake's upcoming speech on Wednesday.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.2.10  MrFrost  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.7    6 years ago
And we have every right to decide who gets to come here and when. Deal with that.

It's an American tradition to accept immigrants and the right is always about American tradition and morals. Morally is it the right thing to do to turn away immigrants that are looking for a better life? Is that what JESUS would do? Never in a million years and you can damn sure bet he wouldn't turn someone away based on the color of their skin, which is EXACTLY what trump suggested. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.2.11  Sparty On  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.8    6 years ago
Don't most Democrats (at least the ones posting here) consider any red state, especially in the Deep South, a shithole?
That is the gist of their posting here on red states.

No but you see ..... that's different ........

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
4.2.13  igknorantzrulz  replied to    6 years ago

You've got the wrong man to illustrate 'truth'

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.2.14  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  lib50 @4.2.9    6 years ago
He is a racist and I say that because of everything I've seen, heard, read and observed for over 40 years.

You mean SELECTIVELY seen, heard, read and observed.  Face it.  You go about your day looking for something that the President said or did to call racist.  Once you find it, you cling to it like a scared child to it's mother.  It's also apparent that you have no willingness to work on a way ahead.  You, just like many other liberals and democrats are much more content to continue to sit back and whine, cry and stomp your feet.  And for what?  Because you didn't get your way on election day?  It's time you all grow the hell up and help fix the problem instead of BEING the problem.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.15  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.2.14    6 years ago
It's time you all grow the hell up and help fix the problem

Trump is the problem. So are his followers. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.2.16  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.15    6 years ago
Trump is the problem

I don't know about that.  He's done more in one year for this country that his predecessor did in eight.  Not that you'd see it amidst your tantrums.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.2.17  Sparty On  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.2.14    6 years ago
You, just like many other liberals and democrats are much more content to continue to sit back and whine, cry and stomp your feet.  And for what? 

Because that's the plan.   The last one didn't work out so well so piss and moan is the new plan to take the country.   They still haven't figured out that won't work either.   Not wilth the majority of us are not buying into the fundamentalist liberal/progressive nonsense they are trying to spread.

Not on my watch .... not a chance.

96WS6
Junior Quiet
4.2.19  96WS6  replied to  igknorantzrulz @4.2.13    6 years ago

Right.  We need Hillary./s

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
4.2.20  arkpdx  replied to  96WS6 @4.2.19    6 years ago
We need Hillary

Like we need an incurable case of the clap!

Junior Participates
4.2.21  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  arkpdx @4.2.20    6 years ago

Skirting the CoC [ph]

Junior Participates
4.2.23  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Release The Kraken @4.2.22    6 years ago

Shades of the "old" fish there. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
4.2.24  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  MrFrost @4.2.10    6 years ago

Bullshit. Even Jesus knew multiculturalism wouldn't work. How many peoples did he instruct to go into a land that belonged to other people? Especially without assimilation. It has to be controlled to a large extent so as NOT to lose the identity of the host nation. Assimilation is the key and with the rampant influx we have here, we have and are losing the uniqueness that once was the United States of America. We are trying to accommodate too many different peoples and are losing our inherent values for the sake of said accommodation.

Junior Participates
4.2.25  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.2    6 years ago
You know, because it's not the sugar coated PC way they like things.

You're right there.  It's the shit coated way of seeing the world that gives his despicable base their tiny stiffies. 

Junior Participates
4.2.26  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @4.2.24    6 years ago
Jesus knew multiculturalism wouldn't work.

This is the kind of believer bullshit that makes me want to ask: "where the fuck do you get this shit?"  And then I realize I probably really don't want to know. 

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
4.2.27  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @4.2.26    6 years ago

If I thought you would or even COULD I would ask you to point out one place where different peoples lived in harmony in the same country/territory in the Bible.

Bourbon Street
Freshman Silent
4.2.28  Bourbon Street  replied to  MrFrost @4.2.10    6 years ago
It's an American tradition to accept immigrants

By way of immigration Law. The issue here is that we have always accepted immigrants - but not any and all immigrants.

Every nation on earth is a nation of immigrants - except for one or two on the African continent. The difference is that most nations accept on the immigrants that meet health, education and skill minimum requirements.

Likely you work somewhere - for someone in business to make a profit - or you know people that do. Does your employer hire anyone that has enough brainpower to open the front door - or do they expect certain quailities in their potential employees?

But I digress. Be honest for a moment - with yourself if you can't be honest with the rest of us. The only reason liberals are focused on admitting as many illegal immigrants as possible is that it's the liberal party's new voting base - the one they need to replace the traditional middle class voters they have abandoned.

There is no other logical reason to import people that are going on government supplied assistance.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
4.2.29  1ofmany  replied to  Bourbon Street @4.2.28    6 years ago
There is no other logical reason to import people that are going on government supplied assistance.

True. Why run an immigration lottery to import poor people when we’re already bankrupting the country by supporting the poor people we already have? 

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
4.2.30  Skrekk  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.2.16    6 years ago
He's done more in one year for this country that his predecessor did in eight.

LOL.   At least he got more tee time in one year than Obama did in eight.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
4.2.31  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Skrekk @4.2.30    6 years ago

well

there is that

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
4.2.32  Skrekk  replied to  igknorantzrulz @4.2.31    6 years ago

The man has his priorities.   The entire world is lucky he was golfing while Hawaii was under attack from ballistic missiles.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
4.2.33  Dowser  replied to  Sparty On @4.2.11    6 years ago

It seems that they do.  There are democrats in those states, too, though. 

I think that every state has something to not be proud of-- something that was wrong.  Right now, it's popular to denigrate the deep south.  Yes, they have resisted change.  Yes, they have a lot of catching up to do.  But there are many nice people in the deep south that don't "hold" with that and are trying to make things better.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
4.2.34  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.8    6 years ago

I've been to Texas, it is a shithole.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
4.2.35  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.7    6 years ago
And we have every right to decide who gets to come here and when.

Not really, it this statement were true then half the people who came here in the past would never have been allowed in, that might include your ancestors.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
4.2.36  Spikegary  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.2    6 years ago

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
4.2.37  Spikegary  replied to  MrFrost @4.2.10    6 years ago
It's an American tradition to accept immigrants

Let me fix that for you:

It's an American tradition to accept legal immigrants

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
4.2.38  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.2.14    6 years ago

No, it actually goes back to 1973 when Trump became president of his fathers business in New York.

It starts in 1973, when the United States Department of Justice went to court with a discrimination complaint against the Trump family business, which rented apartments across Brooklyn and Queens. Coming from the administration of Richard Nixon, who was hardly a civil rights agitator, the complaint was based on an investigation that found four different Trump employees confirming that applicants for leases were screened by race. One rental agent said Trump’s father had told him not to rent to blacks and that he actually wanted to reduce the number of African Americans in his buildings. Three doormen said they had been instructed to deflect blacks who came to Trump buildings to apply for apartments.

Though just 26 years old at the time, Donald Trump was already president of the Trump Organization. Rather than work with the government to bring the company into compliance with the law, as the New York apartment king Sam LeFrak had done, Trump retained one of the most notorious lawyers in the country, Roy Cohn, and commence an all-out legal war. Cohn, who had been Joe McCarthy’s chief inquisitor during the senator’s witch hunt for communists in the government, filed a $410 million lawsuit against the federal government and smeared the justice department attorneys with terms such as “storm troopers” and “Gestapo.” Trump complained in the press of “reverse discrimination” and alleged a “nationwide drive” to force landlords to “rent to welfare recipients.”

Trump is a racist and, has always been a racist.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
4.2.39  Spikegary  replied to  Skrekk @4.2.32    6 years ago

Um, Hawaii wasn't under attack from ballistic missiles.......So, in your world, he should be in Oval Office 24/7 just in case a false alert happens?  I don't recall seeing your concern with President Obama's many outings.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
4.2.40  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.2.16    6 years ago

EVERYTHING that you think Trump has done was because of Obama's policies, NOTHING Trump has taken credit for was done by ANYTHING that Trump has done.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
4.2.41  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @4.2.24    6 years ago

Luke 7:1-10English Standard Version (ESV)
Jesus Heals a Centurion's Servant
7 After he had finished all his sayings in the hearing of the people, he entered Capernaum. 2 Now a centurion had a servant[a] who was sick and at the point of death, who was highly valued by him. 3 When the centurion[b] heard about Jesus, he sent to him elders of the Jews, asking him to come and heal his servant. 4 And when they came to Jesus, they pleaded with him earnestly, saying, “He is worthy to have you do this for him, 5 for he loves our nation, and he is the one who built us our synagogue.” 6 And Jesus went with them. When he was not far from the house, the centurion sent friends, saying to him, “Lord, do not trouble yourself, for I am not worthy to have you come under my roof. 7 Therefore I did not presume to come to you. But say the word, and let my servant be healed. 8 For I too am a man set under authority, with soldiers under me: and I say to one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and to another, ‘Come,’ and he comes; and to my servant, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.” 9 When Jesus heard these things, he marveled at him, and turning to the crowd that followed him, said, “I tell you, not even in Israel have I found such faith.” 10 And when those who had been sent returned to the house, they found the servant well.

I don't know, it seems that Jesus had a little more relaxed attitude than you do.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.2.42  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @4.2.38    6 years ago
Trump is a racist and, has always been a racist.

So you are saying he should have run as Democrat?  

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
4.2.43  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Spikegary @4.2.39    6 years ago
So, in your world, he should be in Oval Office 24/7 just in case a false alert happens?

According to new reports, not even three months into his presidential tenure, Trump has cost U.S. taxpayers at least $24 million to cover expenses for trips to his Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm, Beach Florida nearly every weekend. To put that in perspective, President Obama spent approximately $24 million on travel over the first two years of his time in office. Since taking office, Trump has spent 9 out of 11 weekends at a Trump-owned property.

According to the Independent UK, Obama spent $97 million on travel expenses over his two-term presidency, which equates to an average of $12.1 million each year. Trump, however, has spent double what Obama spent per year, in less than 3 months.

It would seem that Trump spends almost all of his time playing golf, not being president.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.2.44  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @4.2.40    6 years ago

Oh now THAT is funny.  laughing dude

Bourbon Street
Freshman Silent
4.2.45  Bourbon Street  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.2.42    6 years ago

Speaking of "dog whistles", when a liberal starts hollering "racist" at conservatives it actually means "I have no intellectually driven rebuttal to offer and I'm frustrated".

Specifically - when Trump says "Let's put America first" the liberals are frustrated because they have no logical excuse for why their party insists on protecting illegal aliens at the expense of American citizens.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
4.2.46  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.2.44    6 years ago

If you think it's funny, prove me wrong.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
4.2.48  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.2.42    6 years ago
So you are saying he should have run as Democrat?

Where did I say that?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.51  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @4.2.34    6 years ago

Your rather in-noteworthy opinion--and one not shared by MANY people who continue to flock to Texas for jobs and a lower cost of living.

The Texas Economy and Beyond

economy. The Texas Comptroller is our state’s financial officer, responsible for overseeing the $100 billion-a-year enterprise of Texas state government.
Texas economy forecast to grow 3% in 2018, Dallas Fed says

Houston Chronicle · 6 days ago
The Texas economy could grow 3 percent this year, adding some 366,000 jobs as the energy and manufacturing sectors rebound amid higher oil prices, the Dallas Fed said ...
Texas - 10 fastest growing state economies - CNNMoney
money.cnn.com/.../2014/06/11/fastest-growing-state-economies/8.html

Jun 11, 2014 · Everything is bigger in Texas, including crude oil reserves and production. In 2013, the state's economy grew nearly 4%, driven primarily by oil refining ...
Texas' Economy: The 9 Industries Driving GDP Growth ...

Find out which industries are driving the Texas economy. Learn about the largest and fastest growing employers and producers in Texas.
Texas economy forecast to grow 3% in 2018, Dallas Fed says

Jan 09, 2018 · Texas economy forecast to grow 3% in 2018, Dallas Fed says Texas economy forecast to grow 3% in 2018, Dallas Fed says Texas economy forecast to grow 3% in ...
Texas Economy Still Booming, All Industries Growing ...
www.breitbart.com/texas/2014/08/19/texas-economy-still-booming-all...

HOUSTON, Texas — The Texas economy, a shining star on the national level, continues to outpace the rest of the country. According to a recent Texas Workforce press ...
Economy of Texas - Wikipedia

The economy of Texas is the second largest in the United States. ... Healthcare is a growing industry in the state of Texas. The Texas Medical Center, ...
History · Exports · Taxes · Industries · Wealthiest places in ...
States With The Fastest Growing Economies | HuffPost

Jun 26, 2015 · The mining industries in each of these states — North Dakota, Texas, West Virginia, ... These are the states with the fastest growing economies, ...

Population growth in Texas
Texas Population Growth at Mid-Decade. According to the post-2010 population estimates of the U.S. Bureau of the Census, Texas is one of the fastest growing states in the United States. Texas population increased from 25,145,561 in 2010 to 27,469,114 in 2015.
Texas Population Growth at Mid-Decade - Inside Policy ...
blog.chron.com/insidepolicy/2016/06/texas-population-growth-at-mid-decade/

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.52  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @4.2.35    6 years ago

BullSHIT!

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.2.53  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @4.2.48    6 years ago
Where did I say that?

I quoted where you implied it.  Do you see the "?" at the end of my sentence?  That means that I'm asking a question.  I'm asking, that, in your mind, would it have been more acceptable if he ran as a democrat?  It would fit in with the tendencies we've seen from them.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.2.54  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @4.2.46    6 years ago

Stock market hitting record levels.  Barry had 8 years to do that.  If they hit now because of Barry then why didn't he do it during his term?  He could have set it up during the first 4 years and saw the result in the second half.  

ISIS on the run.  Funny how this President comes in, lifts suffocating Obama ROE restrictions and suddenly we are seeing success against them.  

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
4.2.55  arkpdx  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @4.2.35    6 years ago

You are wrong again. There were guidelines for admitting imivrants into this country before. Hundreds of thousands were turned away from Ellis Island alone. 

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
4.2.56  Skrekk  replied to  Spikegary @4.2.39    6 years ago
Um, Hawaii wasn't under attack from ballistic missiles

Duh.    Thus we're all lucky that Trump was busy golfing rather than pushing his big button.

Of course if Hawaii really had been under attack Trump still would have been golfing rather than doing his job.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.2.57  Sparty On  replied to  arkpdx @4.2.55    6 years ago

Yep, not everyone got in.      For example, anarchists were turned away, so were people with a criminal record and folks who were considered of low character.

My Grandparents got in and gladly left their birth country behind.   Much to our consternation they refused to speak their native tongue.   We tried to get them to teach us and they would not.   They were Americans now they would say, why would we speak Slovak?

So like many grand-kids of that era, the only Slovak we learned were swear words.   winking

Junior Participates
4.2.58  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.2    6 years ago
They're made he said it.  You know, because it's not the sugar coated PC way they like things.

And, also, too it's racist as shit.  And the people who give it a pass are racism enablers. 

Willjay9
Freshman Silent
4.2.59  Willjay9  replied to  Texan1211 @4.2.3    6 years ago

Really? So you're argument is to blame the messenger and not the source of the message?!.....Really?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.2.60  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Bourbon Street @4.2.45    6 years ago
Speaking of "dog whistles", when a liberal starts hollering "racist" at conservatives it actually means "I have no intellectually driven rebuttal to offer and I'm frustrated".

That's exactly what it is.  

Specifically - when Trump says "Let's put America first" the liberals are frustrated because they have no logical excuse for why their party insists on protecting illegal aliens at the expense of American citizens.

I seeded an article about a person who has been in the US for about 30 years and is being deported.  Many of the comments are like mine (No sympathy for him) And the liberals are the only ones trying to make it seem that this guy is a victim.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
4.3  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Texan1211 @4    6 years ago

His comments weren't offensive just because he called some countries "shitholes". It was offensive because he said “Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?”. He made the statement that we don't want these people from these countries, not just that the countries happen to have some infrastructure issues. He then went on to ask why we can't just have immigrants from Norway and other predominately white countries, as if race is what makes those other countries "shitholes" and that people from white countries are somehow superior immigrants. Trump is a racist, but anyone with half a brain already knew that. 

"I’ve got black accountants at Trump Castle and at Trump Plaza. Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes every day. Those are the kind of people I want counting my money. Nobody else. Besides that, I’ve got to tell you something else. I think that the guy is lazy. And it’s probably not his fault because laziness is a trait in blacks. It really is. I believe that. It’s not anything they can control."

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists."

“You had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists,” Trump said. “The press has treated them absolutely unfairly." "You also had some very fine people on both sides,”.

"If you are saying: He can't do his job because of his race, is that not the definition of racism?" Jake Tapper

"But we're building a wall," Trump said. "He's a Mexican. We're building a wall between here and Mexico. The answer is: He is giving us very unfair rulings, rulings that people can't even believe."

"when Nigerians see America they never want to go back to their huts” 

In 1973 the Justice Department sued Trump Management for discriminating against blacks. Both Fred Trump, the company’s chairman, and Donald Trump, its president, were named as defendants.

A 33-year-old nurse who was living at the Y.W.C.A. in Harlem, she had come to rent a one-bedroom at the still-unfinished Wilshire Apartments in the Jamaica Estates neighborhood of Queens. She filled out what the rental agent remembers as a “beautiful application.” She did not even want to look at the unit.

There was just one hitch: Maxine Brown was black. Stanley Leibowitz, the rental agent, talked to his boss, Fred C. Trump.

“I asked him what to do and he says, ‘Take the application and put it in a drawer and leave it there,’” Mr. Leibowitz, now 88, recalled in an interview.

The rotten apple didn't fall far from the klan tree.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.3.1  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @4.3    6 years ago

Sounds, according to your reply, that you seem upset that Trump said the countries (if he actually said it) were shitholes and don't seem to be disputing the fact that they are shotiholes.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.3.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @4.3    6 years ago
His comments weren't offensive just because he called some countries "shitholes".

So you are offended that he (supposedly) said it.  Not the fact that many ARE.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
4.3.3  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Texan1211 @4.3.1    6 years ago
you seem upset that Trump said the countries (if he actually said it) were shitholes

I'm not upset at all, I expect this from the Racist in Chief. It's just another example of his hatred for the black and brown people who come from countries less advanced than our own. Like I said, the real racism in his comment was that he directed it at "these people", the immigrants trying to come and find a better life. He singled out the ones from black and brown countries as unwanted while saying he'd gladly accept white immigrants. I'm neither upset nor surprised by this, his history has shown who he is. It's sad that it turns out there are a third of Americans who have the same beliefs and continue to support and defend such blatant racism, that's the only thing that actually surprises me. 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
4.3.4  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.3.2    6 years ago
So you are offended that he (supposedly) said it.  Not the fact that many ARE.

Any reasonable person can assess the fact that many countries around the world are not as advanced and are struggling with infrastructure problems as well as governance issues where their resources are often squandered or stolen. I'm not going to call them "shitholes" but I can see how some vulgarians might be of that opinion. The fact that this was our President saying it about many countries we are trying to work with is disheartening and embarrassing, but not unexpected from this brain dead bull in the global china shop. He has no tact, he is simply tacky. He has no class, he's a half wit bigot in a an expensive suit. He's sleazy, gaudy and an embarrassment to educated stable Americans who love this country and wish it didn't have to get dragged through the mud by such a crude bigot. 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
4.3.5  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @4.3.3    6 years ago
there are a third of Americans who have the same beliefs and continue to support and defend such blatant racism, that's the only thing that actually surprises me.

When one third, are actually still backing this bass ackwards while being up front

about it

it's difficult to dispute my moniker, not being a sad truth, that would unfortunately, be an accurate depiction of a deteriorated, disenfranchised, distinguished group, of those that have been duped.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
4.3.6  Skrekk  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @4.3    6 years ago
In 1973 the Justice Department sued Trump Management for discriminating against blacks. Both Fred Trump, the company’s chairman, and Donald Trump, its president, were named as defendants.

And note that the DOJ had to go back to court a few years later to get the consent agreement enforced because Donald refused to abide by it despite having signed it.

On the other hand Trump had no trouble at all selling an apartment in Trump Tower to the brutal dictator of Haiti, Baby Doc Duvalier.    So it's only black folks who aren't rich whom he really hates, and he doesn't give a crap where the rich folks get their money.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.3.7  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @4.3.3    6 years ago

That racism card has been so overly-played it means nothing now. Just a dogwhistle.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.3.8  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @4.3    6 years ago

Wow. 1973. Couldn't find something from this century?

Does this mean you never forgave Byrd?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.3.9  It Is ME  replied to  igknorantzrulz @4.3.5    6 years ago

Deleted

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
4.3.10  igknorantzrulz  replied to  It Is ME @4.3.9    6 years ago

Deleted

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.3.11  It Is ME  replied to  igknorantzrulz @4.3.10    6 years ago

That's so cute

CuteKittenkittens161231581280800.jpg

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.3.12  MrFrost  replied to  Texan1211 @4.3.1    6 years ago
(if he actually said it)

Even fox fake news said it was true and trumps favorite group of idiots, fox and friends, said that he shouldn't have said it, and just three minutes later, trump sent out a tweet saying he never said it, (despite pretty much everyone in the room saying he DID say it, many times). 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
4.3.13  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Texan1211 @4.3.8    6 years ago
Does this mean you never forgave Byrd?

If Trump had apologized instead of claiming he had done nothing wrong, then worked the rest of his life in support of civil rights you might have a point. But he didn't, and you don't. 

"I apologize for the characterization I used on this program ... The phrase dates back to my boyhood and has no place in today's society ... In my attempt to articulate strongly held feelings, I may have offended people."

"For the 2003–2004 session, the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) rated Byrd's voting record as being 100% in line with the N.A.A.C.P.'s position on the thirty-three Senate bills they evaluated. Sixteen other senators received that rating. In June 2005, Byrd proposed an additional $10,000,000 in federal funding for the Martin Luther King Jr. National Memorial in Washington, D.C., remarking that, "With the passage of time, we have come to learn that his Dream was the American Dream, and few ever expressed it more eloquently." Upon news of his death, the NAACP released a statement praising Byrd, saying that he "became a champion for civil rights and liberties" and "came to consistently support the NAACP civil rights agenda"

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.3.14  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @4.3.4    6 years ago
Any reasonable person can assess the fact that many countries around the world are not as advanced and are struggling with infrastructure problems as well as governance issues where their resources are often squandered or stolen.

And these countries are shit holes.  Is it racist?  Hell no.  Maybe in the fragile little minds of those who are easily offended by, I don't know, EVERYTHING, it may be racist.  

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.3.15  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @4.3.13    6 years ago
If Trump had apologized instead of claiming he had done nothing wrong, then worked the rest of his life in support of civil rights you might have a point.

No, you'd still whine that he said it and then whine some more that he apologized for it.  But if you haven't noticed, the Apologizer in Chief is no longer in office.  Now we have somebody who doesn't play the soft skinned, water everything down so it's easier to take PC games.  Oh, and yes, he's going to be here a while.

Junior Participates
4.3.16  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.3.14    6 years ago
And these countries are shit holes.  Is it racist?  Hell no.

So you mean the fact that the only countries he mentioned just happened to be overwhelmingly black doesn't mean anything.  Once again, we see how eager you people are to be lied to by the bag-o-shit you voted for.  

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.3.17  It Is ME  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @4.3.16    6 years ago
So you mean the fact that the only countries he mentioned just happened to be overwhelmingly black doesn't mean anything.

Are the countries Paradise, where folks flock to vacation at ?

Such a conundrum.....was it about the color of the people, or the Actual status of the country. thinking

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.3.18  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @4.3.16    6 years ago
So you mean the fact that the only countries he mentioned just happened to be overwhelmingly black doesn't mean anything.

No it doesn't.  North Korea is a shit hole and it's not blacks running it. 

But then again, I'm not shallow enough to use something as superficial as skin color to determine how I treat others.    

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4.3.19  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  igknorantzrulz @4.3.10    6 years ago

I warned you elsewhere to knock it off with this 4th grade behavior. I realize you might have not seen my warning. I will not be so nice, if I see this again. 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
4.3.20  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.3.19    6 years ago

all apologies

don't believe ive posted till now since I read your warning

all in god fun though. I hold no ill will towards posters here and unfortunately/fortunately, have a habit of playing to any level

low or high     

out

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
4.3.21  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.3.15    6 years ago
Now we have somebody who doesn't play the soft skinned, water everything down so it's easier to take PC games.

Political Correctness: noun - the avoidance of forms of expression or action that are perceived to exclude, marginalize, or insult groups of people who are socially disadvantaged or discriminated against.

I would think when we are trying to be diplomatic and get other countries to take our side in decisions and policy making, not marginalizing or insulting them would work better than being a general dick to them.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
4.3.22  arkpdx  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @4.3.21    6 years ago
I would think when we are trying to be diplomatic and get other countries to take our side in decisions and policy making, not marginalizing or insulting them would work better than being a general dick to them.

Tried that and more often than not they take the other side. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.3.23  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @4.3.21    6 years ago
Political Correctness: noun - the avoidance of forms of expression or action that are perceived to exclude, marginalize, or insult groups of people who are socially disadvantaged or discriminated against.

The watered down, soft spoken method of not hurting the thin skinned little people who can not handle brutal honest truth.

I would think when we are trying to be diplomatic and get other countries to take our side in decisions and policy making

Then you go hold the hands of the likes of Somali pirates and Kim, Jun Un.  I'll continue to live my life as I have for over 40 years and not care about how you are offended by mere words.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.3.24  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.3.14    6 years ago

Saying a country is a shit hole in itself is not a racist comment. It was when he added that he would prefer to have immigrants from Norway that made it racist imo.

Junior Participates
4.3.25  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Texan1211 @4.3.7    6 years ago
Just a dogwhistle.

That only your sort seems to hear.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.3.26  Texan1211  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4.3.24    6 years ago

Norway isn't a race. It is a country.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.3.27  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @4.3.25    6 years ago

Sorry, but NO.
Liberals throw the word racist around like candy. It has lost significance because of such overuse/misuse.

Like the boy who cried wolf.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
4.3.28  Dowser  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.3.23    6 years ago

I look at PC behavior as just being polite to others.  Why would you denigrate those who are polite?  Why is trying to live your life without going around hurting others a bad thing?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.3.30  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Dowser @4.3.28    6 years ago
Why is trying to live your life without going around hurting others a bad thing?

For the past 26 years my career didn't go well with the sugar coated, watered down PC speech the left wants everybody to use.  For somebody in a leadership position in the military, that doesn't work.  Now that I'm retired from that, yes, I've changed how I say things (stopped a lot of the cussing) but I REFUSE to dumb it down so much that the message is lost.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with brutal, honest statement.  

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
4.3.31  Spikegary  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @4.3.16    6 years ago

No it means the countries are shitholes.....you attach any further meaning to that statement solely with your opinion.  Please regale us with the tales of how you selend your vacation time in Haiti.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
4.3.32  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Texan1211 @4.3.1    6 years ago
Sounds, according to your reply, that you seem upset that Trump said the countries (if he actually said it) were shitholes and don't seem to be disputing the fact that they are shotiholes.

When you are president of one of the biggest country's in the world, as Donald J. Trump is suppose to be, the words that come out of your mouth carry weight and, consequences, most of those "shithole" country's have U.S. troops in them for the purpose of fighting the war on terror, when the POTUS uses language like that when talking about our allies in a war it makes the leaders of those country's question whether they should be involved in our war. Now, if I were to say some country was a shithole country then that doesn't carry much weight and, won't have the same consequences as remarks from the POTUS does.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.3.33  Texan1211  replied to  Dowser @4.3.28    6 years ago

Because when you can't speak the truth for fear that someone somewhere MIGHT be offended over something you said, then that is just plain wrong. Problems in the world aren't solved by the perpetually-offended class. They are solved by people who recognize and aren't afraid to speak the truth.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.3.34  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @4.3.32    6 years ago

"Supposed" to be?

Did you miss the fact that he IS the President?

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
4.3.36  1ofmany  replied to  NORMAN-D @4.3.35    6 years ago
Liberals always consider the accusation to be the evidence of guilt.....How fucking stupid is that?

That’s only if it’s a Republican. In Hillary’s case she has been lying and conniving for 40 years since watergate and continued to do it during the election. Yet liberals ignore it all saying that if she hasn’t actually been convicted of a crime, then nobody has proven a thing. 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
4.3.37  igknorantzrulz  replied to  NORMAN-D @4.3.35    6 years ago
How fucking stupid is that?

We don't, clue US All in

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
4.3.38  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Texan1211 @4.3.33    6 years ago
They are solved by people who recognize and aren't afraid to speak the truth

Liberals ?

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
4.3.39  Spikegary  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @4.3.32    6 years ago

So, We're in Haiti as part of the GWOT?  What?  LOL.  And he made his statement, if he did say those words, in a closed meeting with sitting U.S. Senators that ran out like little children to tell everyone what they (thought) they heard.  Where is your revulsion for Durbin?

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
4.3.40  igknorantzrulz  replied to  1ofmany @4.3.36    6 years ago
lying and conniving for 40 years

and Trump has been at it longer       your point being....

lets face it

we have a broken flawed two party system

and

until we do Election Finance Reform. we will continue to get the best $MONEY$ Lobbyists can BUY Candidates

Wake up America

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
4.3.41  1ofmany  replied to  Spikegary @4.3.39    6 years ago
So, We're in Haiti as part of the GWOT? What? LOL. And he made his statement, if he did say those words, in a closed meetign with sitting U.S. Senators that ran out like little children to tell everyone what they (thought) they heard. 

Now that you mention it, why did Durbin run out of the meeting with the vapors over a shit hole comment? All he did was cause a controversy that stalled his own immigration agenda. Now the democrat dopes will have to threaten shutting the government down to get their way or DACA may be dead. I’m betting they don’t have the nerve to force a shutdown over this. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.3.42  Texan1211  replied to  igknorantzrulz @4.3.38    6 years ago

Skirting the CoC [ph]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.3.43  Texan1211  replied to  igknorantzrulz @4.3.40    6 years ago

Gee, shouldn't have Clinton won then, since she FAR outspent Trump?

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
4.3.44  Dowser  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.3.30    6 years ago

Jeremy, You can be honest, but you can also be tactful.  Am I supposed to go to my neighbor's house and tell them I don't want them in my neighborhood, because their color has a higher proportion of thieves and assaults than others, so get the hell out?  Take a walk with me down my block.  It's a typical block of single resident homes here in Louisville.

House #1 --  a retired black lady.  She was a nurse at one of the local hospitals.  Her grandkids come to visit and they seem to be well-behaved and polite.  Do you want me to be brutally honest and tell her to keep her nappy-headed grandkids off my lawn?

House #2 --  a retired white lady, who worked in a department store all her life.  She's buried 3 husbands, poor thing.  You want me to tell her that she is obviously a black widow, and don't dare talk to my husband?

House #3 -- A Korean family.  3 kids.  You want me to tell them that I know they eat dogs and if mine goes missing, I'm coming for them?

House #4  -- a white family from KY.  He manages a body shop, so you know what crooks they are.  Worse, his wife is a geologist.  She is bereft of Godliness because she believes in evolution.  They have one kid, who's a teenager.  Who knows what he is up to?

House #5 -- a white family from France.  Should I tell them that France sucks, as does everything to do with France and I call fried potatoes "chips", rather than use the word French Fries?

House #6 -- a black family.  We don't want those around here!

House #7 -- a family, he's from Germany, she's from the states, some place up north.  Shall I call him a Nazi, and her a Yankee?  Don't worry about the fact that they're Jewish and he lost all his extended family in the death camps.

House #8 -- A single white mother and her 10 year old son.  She's a dancer.  Should I automatically assume that she is a pole dancer downtown at the Kit Kat Kafe?  Actually, she is an instructor of ballet at the Louisville Ballet School.

You know what I say to my neighbors?  Hello and how are you!  Hope you're well!  When problems arise, I don't generally say anything, or if I absolutely need to, I bang on their door and speak politely about the problem.  I offer to help.  There are ways of doing things and politeness is the key.

Honesty is important, but not brutal honesty.  If you met me, out on the street, would you say, "I don't care if I meet you or not, but you look like Hell?"  Probably.  Remind me not to walk in your neighborhood.  

There is no reason to automatically assume the worst about someone's character, just because they're not like you.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.3.45  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Dowser @4.3.44    6 years ago

Great comment Dowser. 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
4.3.46  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Dowser @4.3.44    6 years ago

I'm with John

a thoughtful breath of fresh (so to speak) air on a smog blog

Good Post

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
4.3.47  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Texan1211 @4.3.42    6 years ago
genius

your flattery will get you NO where

I'm not the Racist Liar in Chief

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
4.3.48  Dowser  replied to  igknorantzrulz @4.3.46    6 years ago

Thank you, both!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.3.49  Texan1211  replied to  igknorantzrulz @4.3.47    6 years ago

Comment removed for CoC violation [ph]

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
4.3.50  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Texan1211 @4.3.49    6 years ago

Skirting the CoC [ph]

Junior Participates
4.3.51  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @4.3.2    6 years ago
So you are offended that he (supposedly) said it.

Anyone who isn't offended is a racist enabler. 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
4.3.52  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Texan1211 @4.3.49    6 years ago
you certainly are no genius

and who could possibly b silly enough as to call me one...gee I don't know

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.3.53  Sparty On  replied to  Dowser @4.3.44    6 years ago
There is no reason to automatically assume the worst about someone's character, just because they're not like you.

Man you are really reaching now.   How you arrived at that conclusion from what Jeremy has posted here boggles the sane mind.   I don't know him personally but from here but i do know a little about that from which he comes.

Some the best people i ever served with were "not like me."   I bet Jeremy can say the same thing because he served a lot longer than i did.   Why some folks insist on scapegoating people of different views, when they barely know them, is beyond me.   Some kind of fucked up internet power trip i suppose.

I'm not sayiing that's what YOU are doing here but there are clearly others who are.

Junior Participates
4.4  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Texan1211 @4    6 years ago

I wonder if you have the faintest notion for why these countries have so much poverty.  Well, I don't really wonder at all.  I'm sure you have no clue because to have one you'd have had to learn something about the world and that is obviously not the case.  But that ignorance is beside the point which is that this country has always been a beacon for people who live in these countries.  At one time Ireland was considered what your sort likes to call a shithole.  For many early settlers from Merrie Olde England, their lives were a shithole there.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.4.1  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @4.4    6 years ago

Like I said--liberals are mad that Trump said it (if he did)---not that what he said is true.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
4.4.2  Split Personality  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @4.4    6 years ago

bing.com/images

Junior Participates
4.4.3  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Split Personality @4.4.2    6 years ago

Wanna try that again?

Junior Participates
4.4.4  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Texan1211 @4.4.1    6 years ago

And like I said, you've established your bottomless ignorance on this (and every other) matter so no need to keep repeating it.  

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
4.4.5  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @4.4.4    6 years ago

c u have met my new bud   as well  

he is a swell Trump Supporter   till the swelling goes down

Split Personality
Professor Guide
4.4.6  Split Personality  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @4.4.3    6 years ago

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
5  Rmando    6 years ago

Considering that it is standard liberal practice to call all those who disagree with them racist the word "racist" has become so overused and casually tossed around it is meaningless. Pelosi even called members of her own party racist with her "five white guys" comment.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
5.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Rmando @5    6 years ago
Pelosi even called members of her own party racist with her "five white guys" comment.

she, or you and what the Fox "news" called them racist ?

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
5.1.1  Rmando  replied to  igknorantzrulz @5.1    6 years ago

If someone thinks somebody else is unqualified to do a job just because of skin color then I'd say that's racist.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  igknorantzrulz @5.1    6 years ago

Steny Hoyer was none too pleased with his fellow Democrat's comments regarding "Five white guys".

Gee, I wonder why?

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
5.1.3  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.2    6 years ago
"Five white guys".

I interpreted her comment as 'off color' so to speak, but why are "Five white guys", as they are not a proper proportioned segment of our society, to determine whom, and from where, and at what amount, peoples, from other countries should be allowed to enter this country. Last I checked, we were composed by over 50% women, and what, a quarter brown, and I don't know, about 15% Black ?    So why is it 5 white guys should decide who gets a chance at the American dream ?

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
5.1.4  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Rmando @5.1.1    6 years ago

What about heritage ?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  igknorantzrulz @5.1.3    6 years ago

Those people were elected as our representatives. They ARE the ones WE chose to do that kind of decision-making for us.

Doesn't matter one little bit if they are white, green, black, brown, yellow or pink with purple polka-dots.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
5.1.6  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Texan1211 @5.1.5    6 years ago
Doesn't matter one little bit if they are white, green, black, brown, yellow or pink with purple polka-dots

If only we were all color blind, no ?

Though, I would be concerned if we had a "pink with purple polka-dots" representative not under quarantine.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  igknorantzrulz @5.1.6    6 years ago

Well, at least you didn't attempt to say that the people making the decision aren't qualified to do so.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Rmando @5    6 years ago
Considering that it is standard liberal practice to call all those who disagree with them racist the word "racist"

It's that or Nazi.  Either way the impact is equivalent of a babbling child in mid temper tantrum.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
5.2.1  Skrekk  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.2    6 years ago

Note that Mike Godwin suspended Godwin's law for the duration of the Trump regime.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.2  Texan1211  replied to  Skrekk @5.2.1    6 years ago

Regime?

Is that what we are calling the duly elected President of the United States' Administration?

Tsk, tsk.

Don't you know that not accepting the results of an election is a serious threat to our democracy?

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
5.2.3  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2.2    6 years ago
the duly elected President of the United States' Administration

You're sounding an awful lot like Trump there.  Most, even his biggest detractors, accept he won, Y hasn't he ??

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.4  Texan1211  replied to  igknorantzrulz @5.2.3    6 years ago

He has, don't you remember him getting sworn in?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.5  Texan1211  replied to  igknorantzrulz @5.2.3    6 years ago

And signing bills--like the new tax bill?

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
5.2.6  Skrekk  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2.2    6 years ago

You need to learn to be more respectful of the kleptocratic regime which is turning our country into a real shithole.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.7  Texan1211  replied to  Skrekk @5.2.6    6 years ago

Yeah, very low unemployment, record-breaking stock market, new tax bill benefitting us all-----real shithole!

What has Trump stolen as President, and what evidence can you provide for such a wild claim?

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
5.2.8  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2.7    6 years ago
What has Trump stolen as President

Our moral high ground

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
5.2.9  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2.4    6 years ago
don't you remember him getting sworn in?

I remember swearing, as he was sworn

in

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.10  Texan1211  replied to  igknorantzrulz @5.2.8    6 years ago

If you feel you have lost your moral high ground, then that is a reflection on you, not the President,

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
5.2.11  Rmando  replied to  igknorantzrulz @5.2.8    6 years ago

Say what you will but I think the US still has the moral high ground compared to the lines of China, Russia or North Korea.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.2.12  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2.10    6 years ago

Donald Trump is a total embarrassment to the people of this country. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.13  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @5.2.12    6 years ago

Some feel that way. Some do not.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.2.14  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2.7    6 years ago
What has Trump stolen as President

Clinton's opportunity to turn the US into a distopia worse than N. Korea.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
5.2.15  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2.10    6 years ago
If you feel you have lost your moral high ground, then that is a reflection on you, not the President

I haven't lost MY DAMN MORAL HIGH GROUND, the fricken LIAR IN CHIEF has lost it for All of US !

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.2.16  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2.13    6 years ago

Sarah Kendzior is a St. Louis, Mo.-based commentator who writes about politics, the economy and media

No one should be surprised by Donald Trump's comments Thursday – denied by the President but confirmed by multiple senators – that Haiti, El Salvador and various African nations are "shithole countries" and that America should accept fewer immigrants from there and more from places such as Norway – a white-majority country admired by the Third Reich. There is a direct line from Mr. Trump's birtherism to his campaign launched on denigrating Mexicans to his tolerance of neo-Nazis to his latest vile remarks – remarks backed up by equally vile immigration and travel policies that are tearing U.S. families apart.

But just because you are not surprised does not mean you should not be alarmed. Mr. Trump is a racist. He has always been a racist. His first lawsuit over racial discrimination goes back to 1973 and was followed by decades of racist comments and actions. What has changed in the past two years is not Mr. Trump's racism, but American acceptance of white supremacist movements and the insertion of white supremacists into positions of executive power.

It's hard to believe, but as recently as the summer of 2015 declarations of rancid bigotry carried real consequences for Mr. Trump. When he proclaimed in June of that year that Mexicans were rapists and criminals, he was promptlyfired by NBC Universal due to his "derogatory statements."

But Mr. Trump and his extremist backers spent two years pulling the political fringes into the centre, shifting from insulting immigrants to praising neo-Nazis and indulging the Ku Klux Klan. Swift and vigorous condemnation of his bigotry became a rarity during the campaign as the media embraced Mr. Trump as a ratings bonanza. Consequences for his behaviour disappeared – and then, as President, he became able to better set the terms of any consequences he faced.

Having failed to hold Mr. Trump accountable for his bigotry, Americans are now stuck with him as President – and the priority should not be policing his profanity, but protecting the rights of non-white and non-Christian Americans. Some callously call his racist remarks a "distraction," ignoring that his racism underlies actual policy such as the DACA repeal and the Muslim travel ban. Mr. Trump's racism is not mere rhetoric; backed by a GOP that abides it, his racism ruins lives.

His racism is dangerous not only for immigrants and foreigners but for any American who is not white. For decades, he has described U.S. cities with substantial black and Latino populations – in particular, Chicago – in the samederogatory language he used on Thursday. Mr. Trump sees not only non-white immigrants but also non-white, native-born U.S. citizens as people who do not belong in his America. In his mind, being American is synonymous with being white. This view came through most clearly in his years-long crusade against president Barack Obama, whom Mr. Trump insisted must be a foreigner – admitting only in 2016 that Mr. Obama was an American. But one can also witness it in his attacks on other non-white citizens he deemed either illegitimate, such as Mexican-American Judge Gonzalo Curiel, or unpatriotic, such as the numerous black celebrities he berates.

After his comments spurred an outcry on Thursday, CNN reported that White House staffers were pleased, as the xenophobic attacks would resonate with Mr. Trump's base. While this is likely true and is disturbing in its own right, the broader implications are also concerning. Mr. Trump is the most unpopular president in U.S. history, with a 67-per-cent disapproval rating, and his base issmall and shrinking. Only 26 per cent of Americans voted for him, and the number who remain hard-core supporters is likely much lower than that.

Mr. Trump's base may be overwhelmingly white, but by 2020 non-whites will be the majority of America's children. Given this shifting demographic, one would normally expect a president and his party to tone down racist rhetoric in a midterm election year and instead try to expand the voter base. That Mr. Trump remains blatantly racist shows not only personal mendacity but a lack of concern for the will of the public – a nonchalance best explained by the numerous suppression mechanisms the GOP has designed to disenfranchisevoters.

Mr. Trump and his backers have abandoned the idea that America is for everyone – a fundamental precept of the United States. Though this ideal has never been fully upheld in practice, it has never been so vigorously opposed, both in rhetoric and policy, by a president. Mr. Trump's racism is not new, but this anti-American presidency is.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.2.17  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @5.2.16    6 years ago

I think most people forget that Trump was fired by NBC after he made his campaign announcement where he said Mexicans are rapists. 

On the first day of his campaign he was fired by his network for making bigoted remarks. 

But the depolorables had not yet made him their hero at that point. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.18  Texan1211  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.2.14    6 years ago

Good one!

LMAO!

pat wilson
Professor Participates
5.2.19  pat wilson  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2.5    6 years ago

Trump is useful to the gop to sign their bills, thats it. If they could robotize a cadaver to do the same thing they would.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
5.2.20  Skrekk  replied to  JohnRussell @5.2.16    6 years ago
After his comments spurred an outcry on Thursday, CNN reported that White House staffers were pleased, as the xenophobic attacks would resonate with Mr. Trump's base.

Given that the people who voted for him knew that he was the King of the Birthers, I suspect the WH is right about his racist and xenophobic base.     They understand how important it is to agitate those who have unusually large amygdalas.

Rex Block
Freshman Silent
5.2.21  Rex Block  replied to  Skrekk @5.2.6    6 years ago

Our country is actually doing much better. The bitter and angry resisters know as the far left wing idiots are not.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.22  Texan1211  replied to  igknorantzrulz @5.2.15    6 years ago

So you say. I don't happen to believe that.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.23  Texan1211  replied to  pat wilson @5.2.19    6 years ago

But they can't, and they didn't. 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
5.2.24  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2.23    6 years ago
But they can't, and they didn't.

the cadaver would have been smarter

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
5.2.25  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2.22    6 years ago
So you say.

Well then, do tell, where I stated I lost MY moral high ground ?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.26  Texan1211  replied to  igknorantzrulz @5.2.24    6 years ago

Smart enough to get himself elected. More than most people can say.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.27  Texan1211  replied to  igknorantzrulz @5.2.25    6 years ago

That was in reply to your statement that Trump has lost our moral highground.

Chill out.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
5.2.28  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2.26    6 years ago
Smart enough to get himself elected.

So that would make Obama at least twice as smart, right?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.29  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @5.2.28    6 years ago

Gosh, does that mean Obama is only as smart as Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan, and GWBush?

And Obama was smarter than Lincoln?

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
5.2.30  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2.27    6 years ago
That was in reply to your statement that Trump has lost our moral highground. Chill out.

so u apparently have a comprehension issue, that I'm apparently so hot about, I need to chill out, about

it.

sorry Texan

perhaps we got off on the wrong foot

so maybe you should remove it

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
5.2.31  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2.29    6 years ago
And Obama was smarter than

the cadaver that was smarter than Trump

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.32  Texan1211  replied to  igknorantzrulz @5.2.30    6 years ago

Remove it yourself if you have a personal problem with it.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.33  Texan1211  replied to  igknorantzrulz @5.2.24    6 years ago

So elect a cadaver next time---you almost did last time, but not quite.

lib50
Professor Silent
5.2.35  lib50  replied to  pat wilson @5.2.19    6 years ago
If they could robotize a cadaver to do the same thing they would.

They'd prefer that, they wouldn't have to work so hard and lying and apologizing.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5.2.36  MrFrost  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2.2    6 years ago
Is that what we are calling the duly elected President of the United States' Administration?

It's exactly what the right called the Obama admin for 8 years... NOW all the sudden you don't like it? 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.2.37  Sparty On  replied to  igknorantzrulz @5.2.15    6 years ago
I haven't lost MY DAMN MORAL HIGH GROUND

True, one can not lose that which they never had.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.38  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @5.2.36    6 years ago

I call bullshit on THAT!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.2.40  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  NORMAN-D @5.2.39    6 years ago

Knock it off Norman. Most of your comments are in the realm of taunting. 

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
5.2.41  Spikegary  replied to  igknorantzrulz @5.2.15    6 years ago

Uh-oh, Davey Busted a Caps Lock on ya!  Fights on!  LOL

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.2.44  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  NORMAN-D @5.2.43    6 years ago

Asked what he thinks about people who think he is racist, Trump said, "No, No. I am not a racist." He told reporters: "I am the least racist person you have ever interviewed. That I can tell you."

It is not credible for Trump to say that he is the least racist person. In fact it is ridiculous. As long as you don't care that your man is a complete jackass, you will always have trouble keeping your cool on these accurate threads that call him out. 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
5.2.47  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Spikegary @5.2.41    6 years ago
Davey Busted a Caps Lock on ya!

put your Caps Gun down    recess is over

Junior Participates
5.3  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Rmando @5    6 years ago
Considering that it is standard liberal practice to call all those who disagree with them racist the word "racist" has become so overused and casually tossed around it is meaningless.

It might have to do with the standard rightwing practice of racism or, at least, the support and encouragement of it. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6  seeder  JohnRussell    6 years ago

SPT-Haitians-2017-F1-600x357.png

This is a chart of the number of Haitian immigrants living in the United States. The 676,000 represents about 1/50 of all the foreign born population living in America. The greatest influx, proportionally, appears to have taken place during the Republican administrations of the 80's. 

https://www.migrationpolicy.org/article/haitian-immigrants-united-states/

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @6    6 years ago

So then you agree it is long past time that some Administration, be it Republican or Democratic, finally curtail some of the flow of immigrants from Haiti?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1    6 years ago

You think 676,000 Haitian born people living in America is too many? And the great majority of them live in New York and Miami. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.1    6 years ago

I think it is enough.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.3  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.2    6 years ago

I don't think so many people come here from Haiti or Africa that it makes it worthwhile for trump to embarrass himself and the country in this way. But then again he can't help himself, he's an asshole. That is what his "fans" fail to account for. He's an asshole that most of them wouldn't even want for a personal friend. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.3    6 years ago

So elect someone new in 3 years.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.5  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.4    6 years ago

I don't think we should wait three years, but if that's what happens we will deal with it. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.5    6 years ago

"Deal with it" ?

Hope it is better than how some have "dealt with it" for the last year.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.7  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.6    6 years ago

No one should ever "normalize" Donald Trump. Not now, or ever. He is an extreme narcissist, bully, pathological liar, crook, swindler, fraud, and sexual harasser. He has no more business being president of the United States than you or I do. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.7    6 years ago

But he is your President, and was elected. 

Campaign time is over--let's get to work.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.9  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.8    6 years ago

lol. Unlike some Republicans , when I say never Trump I mean never trump. He's not qualified to be president of the United States and should resign tomorrow morning. 

And it's not really ideological. I know Pence is just as conservative as Trump, if not more so. 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
6.1.10  igknorantzrulz  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.5    6 years ago

Trump will not be around in three years and with any luck, not around in three months

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.12  Texan1211  replied to  igknorantzrulz @6.1.10    6 years ago

Democratic predictions regarding Trump have been woefully incorrect. You might want to stop with them while you are already behind.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.13  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.9    6 years ago

Wake up!! Trump isn't going to resign, so you might as well forget that nonsense.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.14  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  NORMAN-D @6.1.11    6 years ago

I know, there are 35% of you that make up the deplorables that cannot deal with the reality of Donald Trump. He has been an asshole , liar and bully for decades. And you VOTED for him. Shame on you. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
6.1.15  MrFrost  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1    6 years ago
So then you agree it is long past time that some Administration, be it Republican or Democratic, finally curtail some of the flow of immigrants from Haiti?

There is a female Hatian republican in congress right now...  Ya know, your right, lets get rid of her. 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
6.1.16  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.12    6 years ago
you are already behind

So U 'think' Trump, and his backers, who are laughingly so  up front in their defenses, of an out and out blatant proven pathetic pseudo truth purveyor of pre pubescent incessant offensives, is a true leader who lies every day and night, is worthy of representing the greatest country in this modern day world,do you ? It speaks multitudes, of how your social insecurities rule over your abilities to logically deal with an emotionally disturbed extremely poor excuse for a human being, let alone a blatant RACIST FCKN LIAR and 'leader of the free world'!

You, as well as so many others, are a product of manipulation, and deserve all of our sympathies, not on of my rantz, TOO BAD.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.17  Sparty On  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.13    6 years ago

Three months from now Trump will still be POTUS and crackpot liberals will be saying he'll be gone in three months .....  three months later Trump will still be POTUS and the crackpot liberals will be saying he'll be gone in three month ...... and the liberal crack-pottery wheel goes around and around and around .......... spin another yarn if it helps you sleep at night crack-pots.  

You're still batting zero on Trump but what the hell eh?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.18  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @6.1.15    6 years ago

No sense talking to you any further when A) you put words in my mouth or B) you fail to comprehend what I actually wrote.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.19  Texan1211  replied to  igknorantzrulz @6.1.16    6 years ago

That sounds EXACTLY what someone who voted for the loser would say.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
6.1.20  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.19    6 years ago
someone who voted for the loser

sorta sad, you don't realize who voted for 'the loser'

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.21  Texan1211  replied to  igknorantzrulz @6.1.20    6 years ago

Pssst......hey.....hey you.......yes, you.....there was an ELECTION in November 2016.

The winner resides in the WH, while the loser resides in Chappaqua.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.22  Texan1211  replied to  igknorantzrulz @6.1.16    6 years ago

I am sorry, but WTF does your little rant have to do with Democratic "predictions" regarding Trump being woefully inaccurate?

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
6.1.23  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.21    6 years ago
The winner resides in the WH,

That opine speaks volumes

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.24  Texan1211  replied to  igknorantzrulz @6.1.23    6 years ago

The truth does tend to do that, right?

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
6.1.27  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  NORMAN-D @6.1.26    6 years ago

Perhaps a little look at what actually has gone on would help?

Starting with Trump’s inauguration, the Dow has risen from 19,827.3 to 25,075.1 -- an increase of 26 percent. That’s impressive.
But it’s not as impressive as its performance during the equivalent period under Obama. Under Obama, the Dow increased from 7,949.1 to 10,572 — a rise of 33 percent.
In fact, the Dow’s rise was even more impressive under Obama if you start measuring at the market’s low point, on March 9, 2009, during the depths of the Great Recession. That day, the Dow closed at 6,547. Between then and Jan. 5 — a 10-month period — the Dow rose by a stunning 61 percent. That’s more than three times faster than Trump’s rise over the same period in his term.

LOL.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.28  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @6.1.27    6 years ago

So it was great under Obama, but you think it sucks under Trump?

WTF??

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.29  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @6.1.27    6 years ago

Were you one of the idiots who cashed out of the stock market because Democrats kept telling you that under Trump, the stock market would crash, unemployment would skyrocket, and we would be in WWIII now?

LMFAO!

Junior Participates
6.1.30  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.29    6 years ago

Are you one of those idiots who think the stock market is an accurate reflection of the economy or one of the idiots who chest-thumped about the market bubble GW Bush created with exactly the same fiscal policy and legislation back in 2001?  Or both?  Do you remember one of the definitions of insanity? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.31  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @6.1.30    6 years ago

No, I am one of the SANE people who think that I know better how to spend my OWN money than the government does, and am appreciative any time I get to keep more of what I EARN. 

Which is what is happening.

Democratic predictions sure are a hoot, though!

Got any more we can laugh at? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.32  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @6.1.27    6 years ago

Are yoi not pleased with the stock market performance under Trump?

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
6.1.33  bbl-1  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.32    6 years ago

Pleased?  Perhaps another 'legitimate question' would be..........."Do you trust the stock market under Trump?"

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.34  Texan1211  replied to  bbl-1 @6.1.33    6 years ago

Well. that certainly didn't answer what I asked, but thanks for the old college try.

Junior Participates
6.1.35  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.2    6 years ago
I think it is enough.

On the basis of it being such a tiny number, right?  And then you people whine about the racist label.  

Rex Block
Freshman Silent
6.2  Rex Block  replied to  JohnRussell @6    6 years ago

Seems like we have accepted enough, don't really need more. Most American citizens feel the same way.

Junior Participates
6.2.1  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Rex Block @6.2    6 years ago
Most American citizens feel the same way.

The rightwing seems to need to create these myths no matter (or in spite of) how much reality makes them look ridiculous. 

Junior Participates
6.2.2  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Rex Block @6.2    6 years ago
Seems like we have accepted enough, don't really need more.

Haitian population of US = .2% of the total.  

Rightwing supporters of "president" Shitbag = 38% (latest Gallup)

That tells us what we've got too many of and it aint Haitians.  

luther28
Sophomore Silent
7  luther28    6 years ago

Let me approach this from a different angle, putting aside the dehumanizing portion of the comment.

Mr. Trump considers himself the consummate businessman (although his success at the expense of creditors, suppliers, bankruptcy courts  and employees may belie that notion), by his estimation at least. Although they have already made great headway assisting the economic development of Africa, Mr. Trumps latest diatribe has basically handed the African continent along with mineral rights and future growth to the Chinese.

Having spent my entire career in the wonderful world of business, the first rule of order is that one does not insult a potential client, economics 101.

Whether Trump is a racist I will leave for others to decide, he has consistently proven himself a jerk and that is not an alternative fact.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1  Texan1211  replied to  luther28 @7    6 years ago

Isn't it really each country in Africa's decision to do what they want?

If they are going to get their panties in a wad over this, so be it. Want to bet they don't ever turn down a penny of US aid?

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
7.1.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Texan1211 @7.1    6 years ago
they don't ever turn down a penny of US aid?

Y would they ?   Would Trump, your hero, turn down free money        yea right

It Is ME
Masters Guide
7.1.3  It Is ME  replied to  igknorantzrulz @7.1.2    6 years ago
Y would they ?

WHAT ? stunned

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
7.1.4  igknorantzrulz  replied to  It Is ME @7.1.3    6 years ago
(deleted)

It Is ME
Masters Guide
7.1.5  It Is ME  replied to  igknorantzrulz @7.1.4    6 years ago
(deleted)

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
7.1.6  igknorantzrulz  replied to  It Is ME @7.1.5    6 years ago
(deleted)

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
7.1.8  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  igknorantzrulz @7.1.6    6 years ago

Knock it off you two, with this 4th grade exchange. It is a waste of bandwidth. Only warning. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.9  Texan1211  replied to  igknorantzrulz @7.1.2    6 years ago

It is a little bit of biting the hand that feeds you when they complain while cashing our checks.

You know--like all the Hollywood types talking about global warming while flying their private jets to conferences and living in 5,000+ square foot mansions.

Junior Participates
7.1.10  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Texan1211 @7.1    6 years ago
Want to bet they don't ever turn down a penny of US aid?

Why don't we find out how long it would take all of them to fall into the hands of terrorists if we stopped having them as "allies."  Do you really think we supply them with weapons and other goodies out of the goodness of our heart?  You people think you're so savvy and you're as naive as one-hour old kittens. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.11  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @7.1.10    6 years ago

You continue to be a source of much amusement.

Thank you!

Capt. Cave Man
Freshman Silent
10  Capt. Cave Man    6 years ago

Bah, the fact is, people who hate Trump will find fault with everything he does, why we continue this mindless, endless argument with each other is a mystery, but I suppose it is entertaining...  But not as entertaining as the last 10 seconds of the Viking game last night!!!!

It Is ME
Masters Guide
10.1  It Is ME  replied to  Capt. Cave Man @10    6 years ago
But not as entertaining as the last 10 seconds of the Viking game last night!!!!

The look on everyone's faces was priceless !

Vikings v. Patriots.

Go PATRIOTS. 6th ring on it's way.  applause  thumbs up  la de da  Party

It Is ME
Masters Guide
10.1.2  It Is ME  replied to    6 years ago
The Jaguars will beat the Patriots

Titans were up .... oooooohhhh..... beat- en too. praying

Junior Participates
10.2  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Capt. Cave Man @10    6 years ago
Bah, the fact is, people who hate Trump will find fault with everything he does,

That's what happens to incompetent, lying shitbags like Trump--they fuck up everything they touch and people don't much like that--even some of the minority of Americans who voted for him.  

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
13  1ofmany    6 years ago

Although Trump’s characterization of some countries as “shit holes” is obviously offensive, it’s not necessarily racist. According to the Oxford dictionary, a “shit hole” is vulgar slang used to describe a place that is “extremely dirty, shabby, or otherwise unpleasant.”

I wouldn’t be surprised if Trump thinks Zamunda is an actual country in Africa or that the entire continent looks like a scene from an old Tarzan movie from the 50’s. Nevertheless, quite a bit of it could be considered a “shit hole” by western standards. 

A ghetto can also be considered a shit hole. Why? Because it’s an awful place to live compared to almost everywhere else. Nobody would move into a ghetto and almost everybody would get out of it if they could. If Trump described a ghetto as a shit hole, he’d be called a racist. However, if he were black and said the same thing (or something similar) or if a middle class black man said that a shabby hillbilly trailer park is a shit hole, nobody would assume that racism had a thing to do with it. 

Still, I would prefer that Trump had a filter so everything he thinks doesn’t tumble out of his mouth as though he’s a drunk sitting on a bar stool. My mother used to say that there’s a time and a place for everything. A meeting with legislators was neither the time nor the place for his comment . . . he should save it for Melania, when he tells her how she was born in a shit hole. 

Junior Participates
13.1  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  1ofmany @13    6 years ago
it’s not necessarily racist.

As long as you ignore the fact that each country named has dark skinned people right now.  I consider Russia a "shithole" country because it's run by a fascist (and Trump buddy).  

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
13.1.1  1ofmany  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @13.1    6 years ago
As long as you ignore the fact that each country named has dark skinned people right now. I consider Russia a "shithole" country because it's run by a fascist (and Trump buddy).

The world is full of shit holes. However, the issue at the time was the current diversity immigration lottery that specifically targets Africa. Any discussion on continuing or discontinuing it necessarily affects dark skinned people.

Junior Participates
13.1.2  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  1ofmany @13.1.1    6 years ago
The world is full of shit holes.

And, again, he only seems to mention the ones with dark-skinned people.  Keep on trying though.  

96WS6
Junior Quiet
15  96WS6    6 years ago

Racism:

racism.jpg

96WS6
Junior Quiet
15.1  96WS6  replied to  96WS6 @15    6 years ago

liberal racist.png

Junior Participates
15.1.2  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  NORMAN-D @15.1.1    6 years ago

Did something explode in your pants, norm? 

Junior Participates
15.2  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  96WS6 @15    6 years ago

The racism---it is strong.  

luther28
Sophomore Silent
18  luther28    6 years ago

The concept of racism on the part of any human, defies logic ( that never happens).

Human History (the scientific version) tells us that our oldest ancestors bones ( Lucy over 3 million yrs. old) were found in Ethiopia. Now the last time I glanced at an atlas, Ethiopia was situated in Africa and unless something has changed, there it sits today. It is from that point that mankind migrated hither, tither and yon.

By virtue of this, it would indicate that as a wise man once said, we all have a dash of the tar brush in us. That is to say that we are all cut from the same cloth, therefore to indulge in racism of any sort, is to engage oneself in some type of perverse self loathing I would suppose.

Something to think about

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
18.1  1ofmany  replied to  luther28 @18    6 years ago
Human History (the scientific version) tells us that our oldest ancestors bones ( Lucy over 3 million yrs. old) were found in Ethiopia. Now the last time I glanced at an atlas, Ethiopia was situated in Africa and unless something has changed, there it sits today. It is from that point that mankind migrated hither, tither and yon.

When humans migrated out of Africa, they “bumped” into Neanderthals. To my knowledge, the only humans who lack Neanderthal DNA are sub Saharan black Africans. So if they really wanted to make an issue out of it, I suppose those blacks can argue that they are the only true humans and everybody else is a mutt. 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
18.1.1  Split Personality  replied to  1ofmany @18.1    6 years ago
When humans migrated out of Africa, they “bumped” into Neanderthals. To my knowledge, the only humans who lack Neanderthal DNA are sub Saharan black Africans.

That appears to be the current consensus.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
18.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  luther28 @18    6 years ago

good post

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
20  bbl-1    6 years ago

Trump is exactly the same person he was fifty years ago.  Under performing, over privileged, egotistical, sexually insecure and morally inept.  Let Trump be Trump.  He is now in 'the perfect position' to consume himself into himself.

Does Melania secretly cry? 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
20.1  Sparty On  replied to  bbl-1 @20    6 years ago
Does Melania secretly cry?

Perhaps but i know for sure that Bubba does.   Probably every night he has to be around the old sea hag.

Poor SOB.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
21  Perrie Halpern R.A.    6 years ago

Closing article for loading time/ moderation. Also lack of discussion about the topic but rather about members.