╌>

"Our country needs a good "shutdown""

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
2  igknorantzrulz    6 years ago

Trump owns this, and we all know how he loves to put his name on things.

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
2.1  Rmando  replied to  igknorantzrulz @2    6 years ago

This is the "Schumer Shutdown". That is what Trump has named it and as everyone  knows his names ALWAYS stick. Just ask Lyin Ted and Little Marco.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
3  1ofmany    6 years ago

It wasn’t enough that Democrats support sanctuary cities to undermine immigration laws. Now they've elevated illegal aliens over American citizens and shut the damn government down. 

luther28
Sophomore Silent
3.1  luther28  replied to  1ofmany @3    6 years ago

Seems to me that History would say that the last three shutdowns were the initiated by the GOP. Kind of funny how that works, deficits are bad and yet, shutdowns are good and yet, obstructionism is good, well you get the point.

Shutdowns are absurd regardless of who initiates them, behavior of children, on the upside if they're not working they cannot do any damage.

Rex Block
Freshman Silent
3.1.1  Rex Block  replied to  luther28 @3.1    6 years ago

Well, whatever...but the dopey Democrats own this one, and American citizens will punish them for it. That stupid illegal DACA mess can wait.

nightwalker
Sophomore Silent
3.1.2  nightwalker  replied to  Rex Block @3.1.1    6 years ago

Naw, this is just trump showing those "negotiation skills" he's so proud of and does SO well. I read somewhere that at one time, the Government used to run without so much brinkmanship? They used to be able to make huge pieces of legislation before it was even due, isn't that funny?

But then the GOP developed the semi black-mail tactic of wait until the last second and ramming little pieces through along with their wish list, hoping nobody will notice those little details, and that's the way they like to do it always now.

I forget, was this going to be the 3rd extension or the 4th? And which side runs the President, the Senate and the House and still needed 4 extensions?

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
3.1.4  1ofmany  replied to  nightwalker @3.1.2    6 years ago
Naw, this is just trump showing those "negotiation skills" he's so proud of and does SO well . . . 

No, it’s democrats proving and re-proving that they’re bayshit crazy. The illegals should be deported and take the democrats with em when they go. 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.1.6  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Rex Block @3.1.1    6 years ago

Would they be the same Americans who elected all of these clowns to begin with?

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
3.1.7  A. Macarthur  replied to    6 years ago

As Republicans lean into the attempt to deflect the blame on the government shutdown, they are finding comfort from one of their strongest allies— Russian social media bots. 

#SchumerShutdown ― the hashtag that GOP leaders and the White House are using to accuse Democrats of causing the shutdown ― on Sunday night became the top trending hashtag being promoted by Russian bots and trolls on Twitter, according to the Alliance for Securing Democracy, a project led by former top national security officials from both parties.

Republicans might have been worried that—despite having taken absolutely zero steps to fight the influence and distortion Russian bots and fabricated news sources brought to the 2016 election—their old friends wouldn’t be there to lean on in the 2018 cycle. They can be comforted that the bots are back, in their digital thousands, doing their part to aid in fueling divisiveness and frustration.

Both   Donald Trump   and   Mitch McConnell   are feeding these Moscow mechanoids, while enjoying their support. Shutdown tags have now replaced the previously surging # ReleaseTheMemo  as the top concern of nonexistent Americans.

This burst of Russian ‘bot support comes as Twitter discovers   even more   such accounts that were in business before the last election. It also shows just how effective the Russian social media blitz has been in moving the needle in the US. The just over a thousand newly identified accounts were followed or re-tweeted by over 670,000 apparently actual Americans before the 2016 election. 

The building support for shutdown-related tags shows that Trump and the Republicans are genuinely fueling an economic boom … among Russian programmers. And they’re showing once again just how easy it is for these social media campaigns to have a broad impact when there are parties on the US side ready to join in the effort.

nightwalker
Sophomore Silent
3.1.9  nightwalker  replied to    6 years ago

Sorry. This was trump and "the red party". It's all theirs. Thanx for the links, though.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5  Hal A. Lujah    6 years ago

I wish I had a fed job.  Getting a few weeks off, and then getting made whole afterward would be awesome.  This is the epitome of forced inefficiency.  

Capt. Cave Man
Freshman Silent
5.1  Capt. Cave Man  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5    6 years ago
I wish I had a fed job.  Getting a few weeks off, and then getting made whole afterward would be awesome.  This is the epitome of forced inefficiency.

Depends on your fed job.

I'm a fed.  I do not get to sit home, I still have to go to work, just don't get paid until after this is over, then yes, they will back pay me.  Unfortunately, it all comes in one check, and I will take a big tax hit, but, whatever.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5.1.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Capt. Cave Man @5.1    6 years ago

Those who won’t be reporting to work (ie the majority) will be getting paid for not working.  Isn’t that what you guys whine about all the time?

Capt. Cave Man
Freshman Silent
5.1.2  Capt. Cave Man  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.1.1    6 years ago

Not sure who you are talking about when you say "you guys".

Anyways...

It is not these idiot fed employee's fault they are not at work, believe me, they didn't take the job because they thought they'd be able to stay at home and still get paid, LOL, but, I can tell you, with our leave benefits, that is exactly what you can do, if you got enough leave on the books!

Oh well, most civilian fed employee's are the result of affirmative action, so yes, the Dem's will ensure they get paid.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5.1.3  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Capt. Cave Man @5.1.2    6 years ago

Oh well, most civilian fed employee's are the result of affirmative action, so yes, the Dem's will ensure they get paid.

Lol.  More racism speak.  Maybe Perrie will come and suspend me for noticing, thus further promoting her House of Racism.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
5.1.4  1ofmany  replied to  Capt. Cave Man @5.1.2    6 years ago

According to workforce demographics, over 60% of federal government employees are white.  

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5.1.7  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Release The Kraken @5.1.5    6 years ago

Some of us actually get censored by the owner, while some are allowed to do whatever they want, as you well know.

owlsview677
Freshman Silent
5.1.8  owlsview677  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.1.7    6 years ago

My congratulations to all of you taking part in this little piece of the conversation. At first I thought you were all off on off topic meta then realized that you are presenting the perfect example of how Congress is doing things.

Rule Number 1 --- Blame Perrie for everything.

Rule Number 2 --- Be the victim.

Put those two together and what I hear you saying is that we are Perrie's victims. That would make us victims of somebody who wants to run a balanced, independent socially mature website.

We are also being victimized by her willingness to change rules and try new methods to obtain her goal of maturity.

Perrie is the victim. Has been being stabbed in the back from day one. By who? To begin with, the Newsvine rightwing trolls that started NT to begin with. She had a heck of a time wresting control of the site from some of the worst of the batch. She was able to gain some semblance of control but she did not eliminate them. Nor should she have. Newsvine closes and here come the left wing trolls knowing full well that NT is the best place to keep playing their stupid games with the same stupid people they played them with on the Vine.

Meanwhile, back in the accounting office Perrie is scrambling to keep NT out of the financial basement. Every comment, every contributor is of the utmost value. Further complicating matters is that there are those that have made financial contributions which they believe entitles them to do whatever they please.

Perrie isn't alone. The majority of right wing and "independent" websites that have sprung up since the Vine's demise are having the same problems.

You want some incitement? Listen up true independents and moderates. This is a blatant attempt to infringe upon our rights to Freedom of Speech.

Rule Number 3 --- Drown out all attempted speech by reasonable people.

Just like Congress.

Capt. Cave Man
Freshman Silent
5.1.9  Capt. Cave Man  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.1.7    6 years ago
Some of us actually get censored by the owner, while some are allowed to do whatever they want, as you well know.

So, Perrie has you in a cell, forcing you to be here?  I find you to be funny, yet often petty.  How do you manage life with your feelings hurt so much?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.10  Sparty On  replied to  1ofmany @5.1.4    6 years ago
According to workforce demographics, over 60% of federal government employees are white.

Well there you go, that proves it.

Since according to 2015 US demographics Caucasians represent nearly 74% of the population, Caucasians are being discriminated against by the Fed.

Of course i've known that for quite some time.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.11  Sparty On  replied to  Capt. Cave Man @5.1.9    6 years ago
So, Perrie has you in a cell, forcing you to be here?

Yes, as i sit here on the edge of probably getting a vacation, i still find Perrie to be very fair.   I don't agree with every decision she makes but i don't need to.   Based on NT rules, I have agreed with most of them.

Perrie is Mother Theresa compared to some of those jack-booted goose steppers over on newsvine.   Some of which are here in all their glory on NT.  

They are easy to notice.   They tend to whine the loudest when they get their comeuppance for trying that same shit here.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
5.2  1ofmany  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5    6 years ago

There are plenty of federal employees who do an honest days work for an honest day’s pay. Many of them don’t have a cushion to go without an income for weeks (even if they get made whole afterwards). They shouldn’t have to suffer so democrats can make the point that they care more about the welfare of illegals than they do government employees. 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5.2.2  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  1ofmany @5.2    6 years ago

There are plenty of federal employees who do an honest days work for an honest day’s pay.

I agree 100%.

They shouldn’t have to suffer so democrats can make the point that they care more about the welfare of illegals than they do government employees.

This is a case of both sides refusing to admit that they are being unreasonable.  Pretending it is the exclusive fault of democrats is laughable.  Republicans could have made a deal, but they are expecting something that is contradictory to what the vast majority of their constituents want for immigrants brought to this country as children by no fault of their own.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
5.2.3  1ofmany  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.2.2    6 years ago
This is a case of both sides refusing to admit that they are being unreasonable. Pretending it is the exclusive fault of democrats is laughable.

As a party, democrats deliberately made DACA a dealbreaker. I hold them entirely responsible for this mess. 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5.2.4  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  1ofmany @5.2.3    6 years ago

Good for you.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6  Sean Treacy    6 years ago

The Democrats just voted against the CR, even though they support everything in the CR.   

They've decided to hold the government hostage and in the words of their extreme partisans, let Americans kids die,  in service of illegal aliens. 

Democrats are who we thought they are.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
7  1ofmany    6 years ago

Raging loon Nancy Pelosi has publicly thanked God for the DACA illegals and the illegals who brought them here. And she’s compared their deportation to the interment of Japanese American citizens during WWII. She’s no more useful than a coat rack but she’ll still be paid during a shutdown while regular federal employees will suffer. 

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
9  lennylynx    6 years ago

This is not the fault of the Democrats or the Republicans, they did their job and came up with a bipartisan agreement.  This shutdown is 100% on the 'great negotiator' Donald J Trump himself.  This is as plain as the rug on the orange one's head.

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
9.1  Rmando  replied to  lennylynx @9    6 years ago

That's funny that you think even if Trump had agreed to an amnesty bill that it would've passed the House. The people of this country don't want open borders and limitless chain migration.

True American Pat
Freshman Silent
9.2  True American Pat  replied to  lennylynx @9    6 years ago

I must have missed when Trump Vetoed Congress to shut the Government Down......

Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו
Junior Participates
9.2.1  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  True American Pat @9.2    6 years ago
I must have missed when Trump Vetoed Congress to shut the Government Down...

Skirting the CoC [ph]

True American Pat
Freshman Silent
9.2.2  True American Pat  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @9.2.1    6 years ago

That is a personal attack.....I have never done that to you.....don't do it to me.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
9.2.3  igknorantzrulz  replied to  True American Pat @9.2.2    6 years ago
don't do it to me

I can picture u inquiring if atheist is feeling lucky, (Atheist) "Well, do you Punk !?"

True American Pat
Freshman Silent
9.2.4  True American Pat  replied to  igknorantzrulz @9.2.3    6 years ago

One of my all time favorites.......

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
9.2.5  igknorantzrulz  replied to  True American Pat @9.2.4    6 years ago

yea, who doesn't like a bad ass Clint

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
9.3  1ofmany  replied to  lennylynx @9    6 years ago
This is not the fault of the Democrats or the Republicans, they did their job and came up with a bipartisan agreement. This shutdown is 100% on the 'great negotiator' Donald J Trump himself. This is as plain as the rug on the orange one's head.

That was an agreement between six guys, not the entire congress. The democrats made DACA a dealbreaker, not Trump, so they are 100% responsible for this mess.

However, Trump campaigned on ending DACA as soon as he took office and then later reversed position. He should have done what he said he was going to do rather than open negotiations with a bunch of scheming democrats who have absolutely no intention of curbing illegal immigration. 

Junior Participates
9.3.1  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  1ofmany @9.3    6 years ago
That was an agreement between six guys, not the entire congress. The democrats made DACA a dealbreaker, not Trump, so they are 100% responsible for this mess.

Republicans thought they could fool dems with a temporary CHIP funding and nothing else.  Dems aren't going to get rolled by your shitbags.  

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
9.3.2  lennylynx  replied to  1ofmany @9.3    6 years ago

President Obama pretty much ended illegal immigration, duh.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
9.3.3  1ofmany  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @9.3.1    6 years ago
Republicans thought they could fool dems with a temporary CHIP funding and nothing else. Dems aren't going to get rolled by your shitbags.

I guess the democrats showed em what’s what. They threw the military and the federal workforce under the bus to get applause from illegal aliens. Democrats: the fools that can’t be fooled 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
9.3.4  Sparty On  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @9.3.1    6 years ago
Dems aren't going to get rolled by your shitbags.

And vice versa ..... thus explains the current state of affairs of our current congress. Defending either side in this mess is about as obtuse as one can get.

Junior Participates
10  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו    6 years ago

No matter how much bullshit and bluster rightwingers throw at this issue their Shitbag and his congressional Shiteaters own this Shitdown.  

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
10.1  Rmando  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @10    6 years ago

So Trump supposedly used what is apparently your favorite four letter word and now you feel compelled to follow his lead?

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
10.1.1  lennylynx  replied to  Rmando @10.1    6 years ago

The shit stain in the Shit House is shitting on the American people with his shitty attitude and the pieces of shit he has surrounded himself with!  Morning Armando, donut?

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
10.1.2  Rmando  replied to  lennylynx @10.1.1    6 years ago

Not if that donut is made of what I think it is.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
10.1.3  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Rmando @10.1.2    6 years ago

Boston cream for you ARRRmando ?

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
10.1.4  lennylynx  replied to  igknorantzrulz @10.1.3    6 years ago

Boston cream filled with chocolate icing, mmmmm.

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
10.1.5  Rmando  replied to  lennylynx @10.1.4    6 years ago

Now that's just gross....

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
10.1.6  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  lennylynx @10.1.4    6 years ago

I’ve got a cream filled straight for the next one who writes #releasethememo.

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
10.1.7  lennylynx  replied to  Rmando @10.1.5    6 years ago

Lol, you don't really think I'd give you a shit donut, do you Armando??  My cyber donuts are the most delicious on the entire worldwide web, as you well know!

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
10.1.9  igknorantzrulz  replied to  NORMAN-D @10.1.8    6 years ago
#ReleaseTheMemo

Trolling for a cream filled one huh ?

OK

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
10.3  1ofmany  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @10    6 years ago

DACA isn’t a budget issue at all. Yet, democrats are holding the federal budget hostage so they can reward illegals for violating immigration laws. It’s a shit show all right, with Democrats as the star turds. 

Junior Participates
10.3.1  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  1ofmany @10.3    6 years ago
Yet, democrats are holding the federal budget hostage so they can reward illegals for violating immigration laws.

Oh, cry me a river, person who celebrated when republicans did this to Obama.  What weenies.  

Tacos!
Professor Guide
10.3.2  Tacos!  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @10.3.1    6 years ago
when republicans did this to Obama

When Republicans did it, it was a spending issue. DACA has nothing to do with spending.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
10.3.3  1ofmany  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @10.3.1    6 years ago
Oh, cry me a river, person who celebrated when republicans did this to Obama. What weenies.

You have never seen me advocate or celebrate shutting down the federal government.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
10.3.4  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @10.3.1    6 years ago
Oh, cry me a river, person who celebrated when republicans did this to Obama.

I guess you aren't old enough to remember that when Republicans did it to Obama it WAS about spending.  This time, it's the Democrats having (yet another) tantrum because they aren't getting what they want.  

And it is pretty pathetic that the Democrats are screwing over actual CITIZENS because they want to extend benefits to those who shouldn't be here in the first place.

Junior Participates
10.5  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @10    6 years ago

Yeah, pretty much.  

Junior Participates
12  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו    6 years ago

The Stinking Rotten Incompetent Corrupt Shitbag Republicans control Congress and the White House and they still had to beg Dems to help them govern.  Dems are tired of bailing these Shitbags out of their own fecal mess.  

pat wilson
Professor Participates
12.1  pat wilson  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @12    6 years ago

Full control and no ability to govern.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
12.3  1ofmany  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @12    6 years ago
Dems are tired of bailing these Shitbags out of their own fecal mess.

This is Obama’s fault for creating DACA in the first place. Trump should just let it die. 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
12.3.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  1ofmany @12.3    6 years ago
This is Obama’s fault for creating DACA in the first place. Trump should just let it die

maybe Trump shouldn't have fucked with that which was not broken

Rex Block
Freshman Silent
12.3.2  Rex Block  replied to  igknorantzrulz @12.3.1    6 years ago

If it's not broken, why are libturds trying to fix it?

Junior Participates
12.3.4  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  1ofmany @12.3    6 years ago
Trump should just let it die.

Yeah, might wonder why he can't do that.  He changes his tune about every five minutes---promises one thing to Shumer and the exact opposite to the next repukelican he talks to.  

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
12.3.5  igknorantzrulz  replied to  NORMAN-D @12.3.3    6 years ago
he has 'fucked' with that which was....ILLEGAL

well when Mueller is done, hopefully he goes away for fucking with that which was....ILLEGAL !

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
13  lennylynx    6 years ago

Has there ever been a shutdown before, when all three branches were controlled by one party?  

Rex Block
Freshman Silent
13.3  Rex Block  replied to  lennylynx @13    6 years ago

Yeah, ya gotta have 60 votes. Maybe they can change the rules again, remembering Harry Reid.

owlsview677
Freshman Silent
14  owlsview677    6 years ago

Our country does not need a good shutdown. There is no such thing as a good shutdown. People suffer.

Please forgive me for deflecting and responding to the headline of this posting. Obviously based upon their first comment the seeder intended this to be a blame game piece. So be it.

Interestingly. the bulk of the blame is being properly directed in a convoluted sort of way. Sometimes it seems as though convolution and politics is synonymous.

It is also interesting that the weakest attempts at placing blame are those directed towards President Trump.

Republicans. Which Republicans? President Trump does not represent the rapidly shrinking far right establishment base. I wouldn't support him if he did. Their treatment of President Obama despite points of justification was in my opinion a violation of their duties. I would even consider calling it crimes against the populace. Of course when I get mad I tend to get really mad.

Democrats. Same old Democrats. Despite all of the splits and divisions still being run by the good old boys and girls establishment, Lying, cheating, shirking responsibility. Committing the same what I consider criminal activity against the public.

There is no justification for shutting down the government over one issue. Sure it's a big issue. Immigration is the real issue, not DACA. The real goal for Democrats is to handcuff any changes President Trump tries to make to the immigration system overall.

The DACA problem will be solved. We the people demand it. These young people need to be treated fairly, not have the sins of their parents held over their heads.

There is no justification for the Republicans not dealing with the DACA issue before this.

The behavior of the establishment leadership of both parties has devolved into nothing more than political games to gain control over the largest portion of the pot of gold they have created for themselves.

Nothing new here. Many of us more moderate types have been saying this for years. Long before President Trump came on the scene.

President Obama, what a mandate crazy guy he turned out to be. Really? Was it by choice? Think about that. President Trump could do a lot with mandates of his own. Congress would love and appreciate it.

Writing mandates, extending previous mandates that not how a President is supposed to rule. Certainly not good for the country. Mandates are only good until the next President comes along. Congressional Acts have at least the chance for some kind of permanency .

A good portion of the blame falls on people like many of you. Partisans that would rather point fingers at the other guy instead of dealing with the problems in your own house.

Ender
Professor Principal
14.2  Ender  replied to  owlsview677 @14    6 years ago

There are republicans and Democrats that would not vote for more continuing resolutions. I happen to agree with them.

Instead of constantly investigating each other to score political points, they need to do their jobs and finish a complete budget. Not keep kicking the can down the road.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
14.2.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Ender @14.2    6 years ago

don't hold your breath

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
14.2.2  1ofmany  replied to  Ender @14.2    6 years ago
There are republicans and Democrats that would not vote for more continuing resolutions. I happen to agree with them.

Paralyzing the government by holding the budget hostage is not the answer and I hope all who vote that way pay the price in the next election. 

Ender
Professor Principal
14.2.4  Ender  replied to  1ofmany @14.2.2    6 years ago

The people that I hope are out of a job are the people that cannot write a budget without pet projects and policy mixed in.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
14.3  Split Personality  replied to  owlsview677 @14    6 years ago
President Obama, what a mandate crazy guy he turned out to be. Really? Was it by choice? Think about that. President Trump could do a lot with mandates of his own. Congress would love and appreciate it.

Not so sure about that....While Obama was prolific at writing 644 Presidential Memorandums on top of his 275 EOs  ( average 114 a year?)

Trump is on quite a tear himself but hides the truth by calling them something else. In addition to his EOs and own Presidential Memorandums, Trump issues  Presidential determinations, Presidential proclamations, Administrative orders, Presidential notices, Presidential sequestration orders, and National security presidential memoranda.  Why?  ODS?  2017 total = 138

If this pace continues Trump will out write Obama in the memo/mandate department.

Junior Participates
14.3.1  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Split Personality @14.3    6 years ago
If this pace continues Trump will out write Obama in the memo/mandate department.

Oh, but that doesn't count because IOKIYAR,* which is the basis on which these shitbags always operate.  Hypocrisy is a pre-req for rightwingism, the more massive the better.  

*It'sOKIfYouAreRepublican

owlsview677
Freshman Silent
14.3.2  owlsview677  replied to  Split Personality @14.3    6 years ago

Presidents have been increasingly guilty of that for several years now. This is what President's are being increasingly forced to do.

Governing is supposed to be a shared responsibility. Without a productive Congress, the President is left with a choice of either doing nothing or doing things on his own volition.

Is this a good excuse for Trump's actions on EO s etc? Yes. It is also a logical explanation For Obama's use of personal actions.

Both of these men have found themselves faced with a Congress hostile to itself. Yes, I said that right. Two Parties that have become extremely polarized, with several interior splits of their own. Everybody so intent on denigrating and destroying the other that they ignore the daily business of the country and leave the President standing alone in front of an expectant nation. No man's land. Know what I mean?

It is an alarming number of Presidential declarations for sure. More alarming is why so many are being written.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
15  Paula Bartholomew    6 years ago

Watch how fast this would get resolved if the house/senate would not get paid like military members won't.

Rex Block
Freshman Silent
15.1  Rex Block  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @15    6 years ago

r u shur?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
15.1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Rex Block @15.1    6 years ago

No I am not shur.  My name is Paula.

owlsview677
Freshman Silent
16  owlsview677    6 years ago

Back in session. Maybe, just maybe the Dems will feel they made their point if they really have one, and put a stop to their nonsense. They already have plenty to celebrate, they achieved a major goal. It will be milked continuously probably all the way through the 2020 election.

Democrats:  ' See, see! What did we tell you? One year to the day after taking office and President Trump causes government to shut down. Of course we bear no responsibility.'

I don't doubt that coincidences can occur but find them very unlikely when it comes to politics. Our Congress is so cheesy it wouldn't be hard to believe that that was the primary goal to begin with.

Junior Participates
16.1  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  owlsview677 @16    6 years ago
Democrats:  ' See, see! What did we tell you? One year to the day after taking office and President Trump causes government to shut down. Of course we bear no responsibility.'

Republicans:  WE WON AND NOW CONTROL ALL THREE BRANCHES OF GOVERNMENT!!!*

*Disclaimer:   Of course, as always, we take no responsibility for governing. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
18  Sean Treacy    6 years ago

The politics of idiocy:

I believe in immigration reform. What if I persuaded my caucus to say I’m going to shut the government down, I’m going to not pay our bills unless I get my way. It’s a politics of idiocy, of confrontation, of paralysis.”

Guess Who?

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
18.1  1ofmany  replied to  Sean Treacy @18    6 years ago

Good old shitbag Schumer, the poster child for hypocrisy. 

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
18.1.2  1ofmany  replied to    6 years ago

Good video. You should post it every time the topic comes up.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
18.1.4  1ofmany  replied to    6 years ago

Democrats act like someone who farted in a crowd and then held his nose to pretend it wasn’t him. 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
18.1.5  igknorantzrulz  replied to  1ofmany @18.1.4    6 years ago

how can you smell that ?

Ender
Professor Principal
18.1.6  Ender  replied to    6 years ago

This timeline of DACA approvals allows for the creation of a rough timeline of DACA EAD expirations, provided in figure 4. More than 85 percent of all DACA EADs are 2-year authorizations. Another 108,000 are 3-year authorizations that were issued in late 2014 and early 2015. Unfortunately, the 3-year EADs will expire for most receipients in December 2017 or January 2018—sooner than if they had been issued two-year renewals, which they could have renewed in December 2016 and early January 2017, allowing for an extra year of authorization. As a result, there will be a more constant stream of DACA expirations than there were DACA approvals.

Approximately 314,000 DACA recipients will lose DACA EAD authorization in 2017—about 38 percent of all DACA applicants. Another roughly 467,000 will lose authorization in 2018—about 115,000 of those will happen in the first quarter of 2018, meaning that DACA will be half over by March 2018.

How DACA Will End: A Timeline of Expiration

Junior Participates
18.1.8  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  1ofmany @18.1    6 years ago
Good old shitbag Schumer, the poster child for hypocrisy.

We all know imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and I'd like to say I'm flattered by the new practice of wingers now using the title I've been using for "president" Shitbag for weeks (maybe months, now). But I think you should realize that every time you  apply it to a Dem it just makes the rest of us think of "president" Shitbag.  I guess what I'm saying is, thanks.  

lady in black
Professor Quiet
22  lady in black    6 years ago

"A Shutdown falls on the President's lack of leadership. He can't even control his party and get people together in a room. A shutdown means a President is weak". Donnie Trump 2013

Junior Participates
24  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו    6 years ago

Eric Trump Says Shutdown Is ‘A Good Thing For Us’

What Trump was saying during the last government shutdown

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

Looks like the Gander is getting goosed now.  What a Shitbag.  Trumpbots, please keep telling us this is all Dems' fault.  We need the laughs. 

Junior Participates