╌>

Fox News Host Tells LeBron James To Shut Up

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  johnrussell  •  6 years ago  •  125 comments

Fox News Host Tells LeBron James To Shut Up

Fox News has found a new sports enemy besides protesting NFL players: LeBron James.

Fox's Laura Ingraham declared King James should "shut up and dribble" after the Cavaliers superstar said President Donald Trump doesn't "give a f—" about the American people.

The conservative host of "The Ingraham Angle" also insulted James for leaving high school a year early to enter the NBA. LeBron's' "R-rated" take on Trump was "barely intelligible, not to mention ungrammatical," said Ingraham, her voice dripping with sarcasm.

Laura Ingraham says #LeBronJames should "shut up and dribble" and leave political comments to people who didn't leave high school a year early.

=====

The populist commentator was referring to James' and Kevin Durant's newest "Uninterrupted" video with Cari Champion, in which the two NBA superstars and ESPN anchor agree that Trump's comments are often "laughable" and "scary." Said Ingraham:

I’m numb to this commentary. Must they run their mouths like that? Unfortunately, a lot of kids and some adults take these ignorant comments seriously. Look, there might be a cautionary lesson in LeBron for kids. This is what happens when you attempt to leave high school a year early to join the NBA. And it's always unwise to seek political advice from someone who gets paid $100 million a year to bounce a ball. Oh and LeBron and Kevin? You're great players but no one voted for you. Millions elected Trump to be their coach. So keep the political commentary to yourself. Or as someone once said, shut up and dribble.

Fox News anchors have supported Trump's campaign against NFL players kneeling for racial/social justice this season.

The James-Durant-Champion video for Uber gave Ingraham and Fox the opportunity for a rare triple play: They could bash James and ESPN while simultaneously defending Trump.

James has never hid his feelings about Trump, calling the president a "bum" on social media.

But Ingraham's and Fox's attack on James, one of the most politically outspoken players in the NBA, didn't go over too well in the sports media world.

While Ingraham wants James to shut up about politics, she had no problems with Tim Tebow (who appeared in an anti-abortion Super Bowl commercial),noted Justin Baragona of Mediate.

Columnist Mike Freeman of Bleacher Report tweeted that Ingraham's comments were "appalling."

Jemele Hill of ESPN's The Undefeated was also offended.

"LeBron is one of greatest examples of our country we’ve ever seen. He went from nothing to something. He had to be excellent at everything. To insinuate he’s not intelligent is appalling," she tweeted.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/fox-news-laura-ingraham-bashes-lebron-james-shut-up-and-dribble/ar-BBJdMyS?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  seeder  JohnRussell    6 years ago

A lot of people won't realize it, but Ingraham harshly criticizing James and Durant like this serves as a racial dogwhistle. 

Many Fox News viewers hate the NBA more than they hate the NFL. Too many big black men or foreigners who make too much money and associate themselves with the hip hop culture. I know one Fox News fan who is a big sports fan but claims to not have watched an NBA game in 10 years .  His objection to professional basketball pretty much pertains to the black players who are 'big mouths' and 'entitled'. 

As for Ingraham's 'argument' , did she say anything when conservative sports and entertainment figures attacked Obama over the course of 8 years? Of course not. 

Rex Block
Freshman Silent
2.2  Rex Block  replied to  JohnRussell @2    6 years ago
did she say anything when conservative sports and entertainment figures attacked Obama over the course of 8 years? Of course not.

And who would any of those people be. Name some.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @2    6 years ago

Do you realize how you are dividing this country?

No wonder its so easy for the Russians

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
3  1stwarrior    6 years ago

Back to the racism threads now John?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.2  MrFrost  replied to  1stwarrior @3    6 years ago
Back to the racism threads now John?

What has racism ever done to HELP society? Nothing. Ever. If someone is a racist, they should absolutely be called out for it. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.2.2  MrFrost  replied to  Have Opinion Will Travel @3.2.1    6 years ago
What is racism?

Somehow I am not shocked in the least you don't know, and don't know how to use the internet to look something up. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  seeder  JohnRussell    6 years ago

Let me put it like this, if one of the top drivers on NASCAR made a video criticizing and making fun of Trump, I don't think we would have seen Laura Ingraham talking about it. 

Using LeBron James as an example has a special meaning to the Fox audience. 

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
4.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  JohnRussell @4    6 years ago

Notice how she didn't mention Popp or Kerr, she picked Lebron and Durant for a very specific reason. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Thrawn 31 @4.1    6 years ago

I think you are on to something. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @4    6 years ago

Whether she would or wouldn't she has the right to respond to Lebron James.

Unless James has a special status because of his race?

There it is - What liberals have done.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
5  bbl-1    6 years ago

Ingraham is well paid for her part in the scheme of the ultra wealthy's desire to concentrate more wealth and power.  She is also very adept at 'snorking through' the classy, soulful act of America's 40 something pretend virgin.

And of course it is intolerable for any sane minded person to even harbor the audacity to suggest that a conservative 'mouth maw' with decent legs would ever suggest anything remotely racist.  After all, is it not a proven fact by Limbaugh that 'The Magic Negro'---( Obama ) is responsible for the rise of racism in American politic.   

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
5.1  1stwarrior  replied to  bbl-1 @5    6 years ago

She's about as much a virgin as my 86 y.o. granma who had 23 kids.

Rex Block
Freshman Silent
5.2  Rex Block  replied to  bbl-1 @5    6 years ago
Obama is responsible for the rise of racism in American politic.
Yes I agree, he really stirred that stinking pot vigorously for eight years. Some of the spatter landed on the resident liberals here.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6  Trout Giggles    6 years ago

Laura Ingraham needs a job

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
6.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Trout Giggles @6    6 years ago
Laura Ingraham needs a job

that doesn't require knee pads ?

Believe it or not, not in her fan club (13 Russians indicted, lets see em spin that )

It Is ME
Masters Guide
6.2.1  It Is ME  replied to  igknorantzrulz @6.2    6 years ago
(13 Russians indicted, lets see em spin that )

Liberals ?

At least Mueller has FINALLY decided that Actual "Russians" are to blame....and not U.S. Citizens. thumbs up

Go Mueller ! laughing dude

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
6.2.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  It Is ME @6.2.1    6 years ago
At least Mueller has FINALLY decided that Actual "Russians" are to blame....and not U.S. Citizens

Sorry sonny, Gates just rolled over last night, and will be cooperating with Mueller so as to lessen his time "coopersting" with Bubba.

That's Three that have plead guilty already,

look for Manafort to roll next.

That would be 4 directly in Trumps campaign/administration with 3 pleading guilty already. Hoax huh ?

"Russian Troll Factory" supplied bloggers to influence people and to spread distrust (Among the gullible)

Sorry Fellow       You guys aren't spinning out of this one   

Trump is going DOWN    sooner rather than later

Explorerdog
Freshman Silent
6.2.3  Explorerdog  replied to  igknorantzrulz @6.2.2    6 years ago

Sloppy Steve has had FIVE meetings with Mueller, my first guess is they were not discussing hair stylists or tailors.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
6.2.4  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Explorerdog @6.2.3    6 years ago

Maybe, discussing new trends.

Rosenstein just confirmed the demise of the Hell that is the Trump Administration.

Can't believe it is taking so damn long.

Lets see if we lose any members suddenly

cause I know if NewsVine were still hanging, many fruit would have fallen

It Is ME
Masters Guide
6.2.5  It Is ME  replied to  igknorantzrulz @6.2.2    6 years ago
That's Three that have plead guilty already,

Guilty To ..... what Again ?

Explorerdog
Freshman Silent
6.2.6  Explorerdog  replied to  It Is ME @6.2.5    6 years ago

Well I for one am not sure because as plea bargains go they usually keep a small item to charge and the big bad stuff goes away in exchange for testimony. That is usually predicated on the value of what they have to divulge, so if they are charged with littering there be big shit comin down the road. 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
6.2.7  igknorantzrulz  replied to  It Is ME @6.2.5    6 years ago
Guilty To ..... what Again ?

Being INNOCENT

It Is ME
Masters Guide
6.2.8  It Is ME  replied to  igknorantzrulz @6.2.7    6 years ago
Being INNOCENT

Rosenstein:

"There are No indications that any Americans were a knowing participant in the Russian efforts to influence the 2016 Election"

thumbs up

But....to keep the "HATE TRUMP" mantra alive.....we'll keep on going spending tax payers monies for another 5 years or so. patience  

It Is ME
Masters Guide
6.2.9  It Is ME  replied to  Explorerdog @6.2.6    6 years ago

From what I've read so far....two were for funny money antics before Trump, and another was for telling a fib on something the FBI already knew, but knew there wasn't anything illegal going on in the first place. That was just one of those....Need for something thingies !

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
6.2.10  Raven Wing  replied to  igknorantzrulz @6.2.4    6 years ago

Just read this:

Russian troll farm, 13 suspects indicted for interference in U.S. election

" From in or around 2014 to the present, defendants knowingly and intentionally conspired with each other (and with persons known and unknown to the grand jury) to defraud the United States by impairing, obstructing, and defeating the lawful functions of the government through fraud and deceit for the purpose of interfering with the U.S. political and electoral processes, including the presidential election of 2016,’’ the indictment states."

" Tweets and Facebook posts that have been made public as part of these investigations make clear that the Russian disinformation effort broadly sought to favor Republican Donald Trump and undermine the support for Democrat Hillary Clinton. This conclusion has been backed by the work of several independent researchers."

So much for the cries of "fake news". I feel sure that the names of the Americans who knowingly worked with them will also surface before long. 

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
6.2.11  arkpdx  replied to  Raven Wing @6.2.10    6 years ago
From in or around 2014 to the present,

2014! Hmmm! I wonder who's administration was in charge in 2014 .Gee the name is right on the tip of my tongue.

Aaaahhh! Uuummm!

Oh yeah! I remember now! It was Barack Husien Obama!

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
6.3  bbl-1  replied to  Trout Giggles @6    6 years ago

blow?

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
6.3.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  bbl-1 @6.3    6 years ago

Just put your Tulips together...

Speaking of Blowing, Trumps Hoax just blew up   in his face    so to speak

a happy ending for some,,   is a big mess    for some others

Rex Block
Freshman Silent
6.5  Rex Block  replied to  Trout Giggles @6    6 years ago

Try her, you'll like her.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.5.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Rex Block @6.5    6 years ago

vomit vomit vomit

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6.6  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Trout Giggles @6    6 years ago

She would screw up a blow job.

Rex Block
Freshman Silent
6.6.1  Rex Block  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @6.6    6 years ago

Skirting the CoC [ph]

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.6.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @6.6    6 years ago

"No teeth, Laura! Geeze... how many times do I have to tell ya!"

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.6.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Rex Block @6.6.1    6 years ago

What's wrong with that? Most men expect women to know how to perform oral sex properly, don't they?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
6.6.4  TᵢG  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.6.3    6 years ago
What's wrong with that?

Yeah ... I would certainly endorse that as a positive quality.  thumbs up

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.6.5  Trout Giggles  replied to  TᵢG @6.6.4    6 years ago

I knew I was right!

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
6.6.6  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.6.5    6 years ago

Can somebody give me a heads

up, when we're discussing oral reporting around here ?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
7  It Is ME    6 years ago

Trump musta caused 'em to lose Bazillions making those rants relevant ?

Oh wait.....LeBron doesn't get to keep more of his Bazillions because of what Trump did ?

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
8  Thrawn 31    6 years ago

Yeah, because it is totally okay for her to fire off her shit cannon everyday, but god forbid Lebron James express his opinion. I especially love how she pretends it is hard to understand what he is talking about, but would probably tell you Trump is well spoken. 

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
8.1  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Thrawn 31 @8    6 years ago

no one said lebron could not tell her to shut up as well... he still has that right.

did you not get the memo?  we can all tell each other to shut up now.

the PC world is dead my friend.  free speech is a double-edged sword

for every conservative labeled a nazi / there is a liberal labeled a commie

Cheers :)

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
8.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @8.1    6 years ago

YAY!!!! I can tell people to shut up and color!!!!!!!!

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
8.1.2  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Trout Giggles @8.1.1    6 years ago
YAY!!!! I can tell people to shut up and color!!!!!!!!

if that is the extent of your ambition?  you have fun with that :)

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
8.1.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @8.1.2    6 years ago

Sit down and shut up?

shut the fuck up?

kiss my ass and shut up?

I can keep going.

Note to mods: This is not meant towards Surf's UP. He said I don't have to be PC anymore so I'm throwing out stuff I can say (not here, tho)

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
8.1.4  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Trout Giggles @8.1.3    6 years ago

You need to learn the difference between a ? and a !

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
8.1.5  Thrawn 31  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @8.1    6 years ago

There has never been a PC world, you are free to say whatever dumb shit you want, and others are free to respond, as always in the US. I was merely criticizing her attitude, suggesting that playing basketball precludes him from expressing his political opinions while she, for some unknown reason, is allowed to fire off her own. 

for every conservative labeled a nazi / there is a liberal labeled a commie

You don't have to quote me to myself. Not literally of course.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
9  Sean Treacy    6 years ago

So what?

Why is Lebron James immune from criticism? I'm curious what it is about him makes liberals think justifies treating him  differently than other people offering political commentary.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
9.1  Sunshine  replied to  Sean Treacy @9    6 years ago
Why is Lebron James immune from criticism?

not sure...maybe something to do with the race card?  

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
9.1.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Sunshine @9.1    6 years ago
maybe something to do with the race card?

Ah yes, Removed, CoC (BT), to claim their racism isn't really racism because someone else pointed it out making them the victim of "the race card".

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
9.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  Sean Treacy @9    6 years ago

She criticized James, and other criticized her, what are you bitching about? Seems entirely fair to me. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
9.2.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Thrawn 31 @9.2    6 years ago
She criticized James, and other criticized her, what are you bitching about? Seems entirely fair to me.

You should probably bring it up with the person who thinks this is worth seeding a story about.  Maybe the point of the article went over your head, but it's not conservatives who think it's unfair. 

Two people arguing about politics shouldn't be a story.  Yet, the left made it one.  Why is that? 

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
9.2.2  Thrawn 31  replied to  Sean Treacy @9.2.1    6 years ago

Mainly because she called out Lebron James, that is why it is a story. Again, she criticized him, others criticized her. No one said he is immune from criticism or tat he deserves special treatment. But when someone calls out a prominent athlete/ celebrity on national television, yeah, people are going to talk about it. Big shock I know. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
9.2.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  Thrawn 31 @9.2.2    6 years ago
No one said he is immune from criticism or tat he deserves special treatment.

Then why has his race been mentioned?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
11  MrFrost    6 years ago

foxnewscult.jpg

MrFrost
Professor Expert
12  MrFrost    6 years ago

This is fox news's way of educating it's viewers.. laughing dude fox news LOL.jpg

MrFrost
Professor Expert
13  MrFrost    6 years ago

IMG_20171022_053105.jpg

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
14  Rmando    6 years ago

I wonder if the left thinks a Jimmy Kimmel bit in blackface is racist or not.

JBB
Professor Principal
15  JBB    6 years ago

The awful olde Fox fart sniffer, Laura Ingrham, is a text book definition pure-D Deplorable. She cannot help it. She was hatched that way...

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
15.1  Skrekk  replied to  JBB @15    6 years ago

Isn't this the same Faux News channel which had an executive write a racist and homophobic rant against US Olympic athletes?    Apparently he was just trying to appeal to the Fox viewership.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
15.1.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Skrekk @15.1    6 years ago

and what were there, two gays and a few blacks?

Did you also see the Florida shooter had a Red Make America White Again Blue Hat, was on White Supremacists web sites bad mouthing Gays and Blacks, but is anyone surprised... 

Rex Block
Freshman Silent
15.1.2  Rex Block  replied to  igknorantzrulz @15.1.1    6 years ago

Uh, none of that is true. Try again.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
15.1.3  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Rex Block @15.1.2    6 years ago
none of that is true

none of watt is true, stuff U can't hear here or there or wherever ?

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
16  Rmando    6 years ago

Liberals are completely clueless to what racism actually is.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
16.1  MrFrost  replied to  Rmando @16    6 years ago

3.2.1     Apollo Invictus     replied to    MrFrost   @ 3.2       4 minutes ago

What is racism?

Pretty sure they aren't a liberal.. LOL 

Uncle Bruce
Professor Quiet
17  Uncle Bruce    6 years ago

27973322_2256284354385295_3448141081726062203_n.jpg