╌>

On the Seat of My Pants, Holding Camera and Fly Rod, I Slide Down Slippery, Steep, Sloping Banks of Mountain Streams …

Category:  Photography & Art

By:  a-macarthur  •  6 years ago  •  9 comments

On the Seat of My Pants, Holding Camera and Fly Rod, I Slide Down Slippery, Steep, Sloping Banks of Mountain Streams …

… and willingly risk my physical well being … to be where I find God and one of His most magnificent creatures … 

poconomountainsbrookpennsylvaniaagurmankin.jpg

"Home of the Wild Brook Trout and the Great Spirit Whose Hand Put it Therein"

© A. Mac/A.G.

wildbrooktroutjuvenilecaughtoncaddisflyimitationagurmankin.jpg

Salvelinus fontinalis  … the Brook Trout … "Nature is the Art of God" (Sir Thomas Browne)

© A. Mac/A.G.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
1  author  A. Macarthur    6 years ago

"Heaven-on-Earth is a Mountain Stream in a Deep Forest … where quite pools hold resounding beauty." (A. Mac)

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  A. Macarthur @1    6 years ago

"Quiet" pools?...asks Buzz who is impatiently awaiting Spring.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
1.1.1  author  A. Macarthur  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1    6 years ago

Look at the water behind the farthest rocks in the photo … there sits a quiet pool that continues behind the bend, and, more than once, if I approached low and carefully, I could roll cast a tiny dry fly above the head of that pool and raise a small Brookie.

It has been said, that a Brook Trout will take any fly presented to it, provided that …

… you don't get close enough to present it.

Brook trout inhabit the cleanest water and, in the most spiritual of places.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2  Kavika     6 years ago

Beautiful, both the stream and the brookie.

charger 383
Professor Silent
3  charger 383    6 years ago

again a beautiful picture, come on spring.  All yesterday's about 3" of snow has melted 

PJ
Masters Quiet
4  PJ    6 years ago

Here's how and where I started my day today......taking a hike.  

20180218_Trail_2.jpg

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  PJ @4    6 years ago

I miss the snow for seeing it make the landscape pure and white, but not the cold that it requires.

CB
Professor Principal
5  CB    6 years ago

O Lord, How Excellent! You sure grabbed some beauty to behold up there!! I envy you for a gaze upon its scenery and maybe the surrounding serenity.

And, what an "eye-grabbing" title for your article! I simply had to come over and ask if you are OKAY? Well, were you hurt in any way?!

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
6  author  A. Macarthur    6 years ago

I am not hurt but blessed to know the places to which I slip away; but I thank you for your concern and appreciate your presence.