╌>

Mueller Subpoenas Trump Organization, Demanding Documents About Russia

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  6 years ago  •  33 comments

Mueller Subpoenas Trump Organization, Demanding Documents About Russia

muellersubpoenatrump.jpg

It was not clear why the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, issued the subpoena instead of

simply asking for the documents  from the company.   Credit:  Doug Mills/The New York Times.

WASHINGTON -- The special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, has subpoenaed the Trump Organization in recent weeks to turn over documents, including some related to Russia.

The order is the first known instance of the special counsel demanding records directly related to President Trump’s businesses, bringing the investigation closer to the president

The breadth of the subpoena was not clear  nor was it clear why Mr. Mueller issued it instead of simply asking for the documents from the company, an umbrella organization that encompasses Mr. Trump’s business ventures. 

He could've merely asked for the documents-- but a subpoena indicates that the matter is serious....

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    6 years ago

Word of the subpoena came as Mr. Mueller appears to be  broadening his inquiry  to examine the role foreign money may have played in funding Mr. Trump’s political activities. In recent weeks, Mr. Mueller’s investigators have questioned witnesses, including  an adviser to the United Arab Emirates , about the flow of Emirati money into the United States.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    6 years ago

Mr. Mueller has already indicted 13 Russians and three companiesaccused of meddling in the 2016 presidential campaign, and on Thursday, the Trump administration included them in sanctions it leveled at Moscow as punishment for interference in the campaign and “malicious cyberattacks.”

"Fake news"? Or did this actually happen...????

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
3  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    6 years ago

I can't help but wonder if any of this mess has led to Donald Trump Jr.'s wife filing for divorce today.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
3.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @3    6 years ago

My guess is that it has. The chances of her husband being brought to trial and the things he has been involved in and has been made public could make her think twice about staying married to him. She may be getting out while the getting is good to protect herself and their children from the taint her husband could be covered with up stream. 

Or, it could be a matter of "like Father like Son" regarding the issue of infidelity.

One thing is for sure, they will try to make as little of it as possible to avoid further embarrassment for the sake of their children. Unfortunately, it is the children who will wind up suffering the most in the end.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
3.1.1  Randy  replied to  Raven Wing @3.1    6 years ago

I think she is getting out while the getting is still good. For the sake of herself and her children she is going to leave while there is still money for them to have a good life. It sounds cold, but it is what it is. The mother survival instinct has kicked in. She knows her husband is going down.

lib50
Professor Silent
4  lib50    6 years ago

Conservatives like to deny this is real, but a lot of us saw it coming before he even won the election.  There is one thing everybody knows,  greed is one of his major drivers.  Follow the money.  Mueller has probably had Trump tax returns for months and is getting closer and closer.  The GOP is really going to look bad at the end of this.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
4.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  lib50 @4    6 years ago
The GOP is really going to look bad at the end of this.

AS IF, they didn't already look like the FRCKN Lying anti American, Russia supportin, anti CHild pro defamation retortin , pro de Jesus Christ Cohorting, immigrant deporting, marking period reporting, card carrying NRAryan & against our Nation, green gang of gang green , cultivating crops of the American vegetables, served daily, over doses of wet soggy oodles into their noodles, kinky like pet poodles pissin puppy puddles of purepartisan parm meant to charm for a third time, cause it's the charm

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  igknorantzrulz @4.1    6 years ago

That was colorful commentary. lol

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
4.1.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1.1    6 years ago
colorful commentary

it's all black & white to me

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  lib50 @4    6 years ago
Mueller has probably had Trump tax returns for months and is getting closer and closer. 

I've heard people who are familiar with these matters say that he probasbly does have all of Trump's tax returns..I don't know  what they will show, but one thing is obvious-- there's something in the returns that would be very detrimental to Trump if it got out. (After all-- if he had nothing to hide--  why would he want to keep them secret)?)

The GOP is really going to look bad at the end of this.

Definitely. And especially so many Republicans that keep defending him. 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
4.2.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Krishna @4.2    6 years ago

There is an old saying that, those who lay down next to a dog with fleas, the chances are good that they will wind up with fleas.

I truly think the Republicans who are up for reelection this year will find themselves facing a very, very rough row to hoe, especially, if they are blind Trump supporters. I think a good many will try their best to distance themselves from Trump in order to try to survive.

Just a thought.

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
5  Rmando    6 years ago

Just another fishing expedition by a runaway prosecutor without a crime to prosecute.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
5.1  Randy  replied to  Rmando @5    6 years ago

Not an expedition. Several fish caught and being reeled in.

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
5.1.2  Rmando  replied to  Randy @5.1    6 years ago

Russian trolls, crooked lobbyists and perjury traps. That's all Mueller has.

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Rmando @5.1.2    6 years ago

Plus a few other "minor" accomplishments...including, among other things: actual indictments . . . guilty pleas...etc.

Yup, a "Witch-hunt . . . which has successfully caught several "witches"!

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.1.4  Ozzwald  replied to  Rmando @5.1.2    6 years ago

And all of those related to Trump and his hired minions.

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
5.1.5  Rmando  replied to  Ozzwald @5.1.4    6 years ago

And exactly what did Trump get from his "minions"? Manafort didn't even do a good job managing his campaign. It wasn't until Conway and Bannon came in that things improved and the campaign focused on tearing down the Blue Wall. 

I could easily asked what Hillary minion John Podesta was doing for her. He seems to be in like company with Manafort.

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
5.1.6  Rmando  replied to  Krishna @5.1.3    6 years ago

No indictments or guilty pleas from Trump or Pence or anybody of consequence.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5.1.7  MrFrost  replied to  Rmando @5.1.6    6 years ago
anybody of consequence.

Flynn was the NSA, hand picked by trump, and his crimes were committed DURING his time as NSA. Manafort was trumps campaign manager... Susan Rice never even committed a crime and the right is STILL all over her, but Flynn pleads guilty to lying to the FBI and your response is, "no one of consequence"? Really? LMFAO!!!

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.1.8  Ozzwald  replied to  Rmando @5.1.6    6 years ago
No indictments or guilty pleas from Trump or Pence or anybody of consequence.

You know, d'nile is not just a river.  Flynn and Manafort were just 2 biggies in Trump's organization.  Gates was still there, and all signs show Mueller has still got more to come.  PLUS, Mueller has just recently subpoena'd info from the Trump organization itself, getting awfully close to Trump himself.

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
5.1.9  Rmando  replied to  MrFrost @5.1.7    6 years ago

You're going to be surprised where the Flynn guilty plea goes since we're finding out about collusion between Strzok and the judge who took the plea from Flynn.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
5.1.10  Randy  replied to  Rmando @5.1.9    6 years ago
collusion between Strzok and the judge who took the plea from Flynn.

So now you think the judge who took Flynn's guilty plea is corrupt? You know when I was a kid I used to be amazed at watching the Detroit Tiger's Al Kaline reach his whole body straight out to snag a fly ball, but even a HOF'er like him could not stretch as far as that! Try again, but seriously this time!

evilone
Professor Guide
5.2  evilone  replied to  Rmando @5    6 years ago
Just another fishing expedition by a runaway prosecutor without a crime to prosecute.

We aren't talking about hack politicians like Issa or Gowdey here. We're actually talking about a guy that built  a career by putting people in jail for long periods of time.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6  Trout Giggles    6 years ago

I heard a rumor that if Mueller were to issue this subpoena that trump would fire him. 

That would be a dumb move on trump's part especially if he's innocent.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Trout Giggles @6    6 years ago

I think they already know Trump committed financial crimes in conjunction with Russians over the course of many years. The question is do they want to take down a president of the United States over it? 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1    6 years ago

They took down another president 40 years ago on lesser sins

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
6.1.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1    6 years ago
The question is do they want to take down a president of the United States over it?

They DO, and

THEY WILL !

Explorerdog
Freshman Silent
6.1.3  Explorerdog  replied to  igknorantzrulz @6.1.2    6 years ago

I think it will not be an "if" but rather the extent and seriousness off the charges. Collusion would be the parking ticket that caught a serial killer.

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
6.1.4  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Explorerdog @6.1.3    6 years ago

It's the wiff of weed that got them the search warrant to enter, where they discovered a pill mill house of epidemic proportions , with no hero's, only Heroin(s), along with a basement filled with kidnapped sex slave (men,women,& children working naked and afraid in an ice cold sweat shop, sweating to the oldies, and the youngins) while  cutting tags of mattresses and committing male fraud with females, forging forged signatures, of fraudulent forgeries, while illegally recording blank recordings and showing copywrited infringement videos to the blind deaf people, while not supplying handicap accessible ramps to get on and off the basement freeway that is now another troll bridge under a toll tunnel spanning more than unjust attention not given to the man behind the curtain, adjusting his phishing rod Sterling Sharpe as Silver coins a quarter of the time couldn't have left a paler mime     

Explorerdog
Freshman Silent
6.1.5  Explorerdog  replied to  igknorantzrulz @6.1.4    6 years ago

You forgot the printers making handicap mirror hangers I like them because the blue matches my eyes

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
6.1.6  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Explorerdog @6.1.5    6 years ago

sorry,

i'll try n remember next time

Krishna
Professor Expert
7  seeder  Krishna    6 years ago

No big deal really...just another meaningless "Witch Hunt"....