╌>

Cyberattacks Put Russian Fingers on the Switch at Power Plants, U.S. Says

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  6 years ago  •  12 comments

Cyberattacks Put Russian Fingers on the Switch at Power Plants, U.S. Says

russiacoudsabotagepower.jpg

United States officials and private security firms saw the Russian attacks as a signal by Moscow that it could

sabotage the West’s critical facilities in the event of a conflict.  ( Credit:  Spencer Platt/Getty Images)

United States officials and private security firms saw the attacks as a signal by Moscow that it could disrupt the West’s critical facilities in the event of a conflict

They said the strikes accelerated in late 2015, at the same time the Russian interference in the American election was underway. The attackers had successfully compromised some operators in North America and Europe by spring 2017, after President Trump was inaugurated.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    6 years ago

In the following months, according to a   Department of Homeland Security report issued on Thursday , Russian hackers made their way to machines with access to critical control systems at power plants that were not identified. The hackers never went so far as to sabotage or shut down the computer systems that guide the operations of the plants.

Still, new computer screenshots released by the Department of Homeland Security on Thursday made clear that Russian state hackers had the foothold they would have needed to manipulate or shut down power plants.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
1.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Krishna @1    6 years ago

However, Trump does not seem to care about what Russia is doing with its cyber attacks on the US. And the fact that Russia can attack our vital systems but didn't shut them down, does not in any way indicate that they can't or won't at some point.

But, for Trump, the most important thing is the WALL!!!  He has to have his WALL!!! at all costs. You know...the one that Mexico will pay for.

Besides....Trump has Putin in the palm of his hands.   /s

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Raven Wing @1.1    6 years ago

Tell us all you know about the power grid and its systems.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
1.1.2  Raven Wing  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1.1    6 years ago

Look it up for yourself, I read about it on the Internet. Obviously, you know how to use the Internet well enough to get here to NT, so try to search for it yourself. And...even if I gave you the link where I read about it you would only choose to attack whatever source I gave you as being unworthy no matter what it was, so I won't waste my time.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    6 years ago

In case you missed it....

Krishna
Professor Expert
3  seeder  Krishna    6 years ago

(You heard it here first! :-)

Kavika
Professor Principal
4  Kavika     6 years ago

But Putin is a good guy.../s

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
5  Thrawn 31    6 years ago

Trump Supporters... your opinions? 

PJ
Masters Quiet
6  PJ    6 years ago

The bottom line is the Russians do not fear us or any type of retaliation. 

I can't believe we've allowed this to happen.