╌>

John Kelly: Rex Tillerson Was on the Toilet When I Told Him He’d Be Getting Fired

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  johnrussell  •  6 years ago  •  20 comments

John Kelly: Rex Tillerson Was on the Toilet When I Told Him He’d Be Getting Fired

The White House chief of staff shared the story with a room of reporters and Trump administration officials Friday.

Reporters gathered at the White House on Friday were stunned when Chief of Staff John Kelly shared a very embarrassing story about outgoing Secretary of State Rex Tillerson.

The reporters were there with senior White House officials for an off-the-record meeting with Kelly, who was attempting to tamp down speculation about an impending administration staff purge . The Daily Beast was not invited, but was briefed on its contents by three sources with knowledge of the meeting.

According to those sources, Kelly recounted a very awkward conversation with Tillerson during which he informed the secretary that President Donald Trump would very likely soon fire him. The awkwardness was less a result of the contents of the conversation than its setting.

Tillerson, Kelly told the room, was suffering from a stomach bug during a diplomatic swing through Africa, and was using a toilet when Kelly broke the news to him.

Sources were stunned that, even in an off-record setting, Kelly would say this—to a room filled with White House officials and political reporters—about Tillerson, who does not officially leave the State Department until the end of the month.

Kelly is routinely touted as one of the more mature members of Trump’s top brass and has often been branded as one of the “adults” in charge.

The comment was especially bizarre given Kelly’s reported past cover for Tillerson. The chief of staff tried for months to keep the secretary of state in his post, The New York Times reported , and fumed at his dismissal.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    6 years ago

Fits right in with our reality tv administration. 

Did you know Roosevelt was taking a shit when Pearl Harbor was attacked? 

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
2  bbl-1    6 years ago

Kelly's account is false.  Again he lies to cover for Trump. 

JBB
Professor Principal
3  JBB    6 years ago

How vulgarian of Kelly to say such a thing about Tillerson. Hasn't everyone had about enough of this nonsense?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
3.1  Ozzwald  replied to  JBB @3    6 years ago
How vulgarian of Kelly to say such a thing about Tillerson. Hasn't everyone had about enough of this nonsense?

Normally I'd agree with you, but if you think about it, after dealing with Trump wouldn't your 1st response be to head for the toilet?  Remember that your body tries to get rid of any poisonous foreign bodies, like eating raw chicken or listening to Trump, it is a simple biological response to all the bullshit and poison you just had to take in.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4  TᵢG    6 years ago

I say bullshit.   Not convinced.   I can find no credible accounts to corroborate such a vulgar, gratuitous comment from a chief of staff.

I need to see a video, hear a recording or get an account from a credible news source to accept this as valid.

luther28
Sophomore Silent
4.1  luther28  replied to  TᵢG @4    6 years ago

John Kelly: Rex Tillerson Was on the Toilet When I Told Him He'd Be ...

10 hours ago - The White House chief of staff shared the story with a room of reporters and Trump administration officials Friday.

Tillerson was reportedly on the toilet when he got canned | New York ...

10 hours ago - Outgoing Secretary of State Rex Tillerson was reportedly sitting on the loo when the White House chief of staff called to deliver the bad news. ... Kelly was speaking in an off-the-record meeting with reporters when he made the potty revelation. ... The tweet was followed by a phone call ...
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you did ask. Sorry TiG, you just cannot make this stuff up.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.1  TᵢG  replied to  luther28 @4.1    6 years ago
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you did ask. Sorry TiG, you just cannot make this stuff up.

I had already located that and much more before I wrote my comment.   When I researched this I found The Daily Beast and then other sites referencing The Daily Beast as the original news source.  

Ergo my comment:

TiG @ 4 - I need to see a video, hear a recording or get an account from a credible news source to accept this as valid.

Note also what the Daily Beast (the apparent news source) stated:

The Daily Beast was not invited, but was briefed on its contents by three sources with knowledge of the meeting.

According to those sources, Kelly recounted a very awkward conversation with Tillerson during which he informed the secretary that President Donald Trump would very likely soon fire him. The awkwardness was less a result of the contents of the conversation than its setting.

Tillerson, Kelly told the room, was suffering from a stomach bug during a diplomatic swing through Africa, and was using a toilet when Kelly broke the news to him.

Sources were stunned that, even in an off-record setting, Kelly would say this—to a room filled with White House officials and political reporters—about Tillerson, who does not officially leave the State Department until the end of the month.

The original reporting source, The Daily Beast, is saying it heard this from three sources with "knowledge of the meeting".   From this it wrote its content devoid, sensational headline and other sites proceeded to lunch onto the Daily Beast's account.  

You find this credible??   You really do not think one can make this up??

Before I consider this news, I need to either hear this coming from Kelly's mouth (likely never going to happen) or review a report from a credible news source.   Call me a skeptic, but I do not buy this.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.1    6 years ago

Your comment is mystifying.  The Daily Beast is a credible news source. There have been countless "off the record" revelations made about the Trump administration. Many have been leaks from within. 

If it makes you happier though , we can just assume Kelly was lying again when he said that about Tillerson. 

------------------------------

John Kelly s Lies About Frederica Wilson Are Part of a ...

kelly -trump-black-women...

The family of a fallen black soldier has not even been given the chance to grieve without their dignity and honesty being called into question.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.3  TᵢG  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.2    6 years ago
Your comment is mystifying.

Why?  I explained it quite clearly.   Again look at the meat of the source.

The Daily Beast was not invited, but was briefed on its contents by three sources with knowledge of the meeting.

That fact that you cannot understand why I am skeptical about this is amusing.

Forget about partisan politics (because I certainly am not looking at this from a partisan perspective).   Try to be objective and explain how you are not skeptical about such an unlikely story based on such vague hearsay (as described).   This would be a good test of independent thinking - how a partisan (such as yourself) can question a story (that the partisan would likely prefer to be true) on its merits (or lack thereof).  You gotta admit this foundation is pretty weak at least, right?

By the way, if we find credible information to accept this as true, I will immediately shift into a comment of disgust and disapproval directed at Kelly.   But first let's see some evidence that this is true.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.4  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.3    6 years ago

As I said, there have been countless stories, later proved true or not disputed, leaked from this administration. The fact that The Daily Beast was not at the interview/meeting is virtually irrelevant. According to them, three people who were at the meeting told them that Kelly said this. This is standard reporting using an anonymous source. It happens every day. 

Your opposition to it seems to be based on your belief that Kelly wouldn't say such a thing. I think he has shown over the last six months that he is not a paragon of virtue or necessarily truth. He flat out lied about the Democratic congresswoman and her role in the dedication of the FBI building. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.5  TᵢG  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.4    6 years ago
Your opposition to it seems to be based on your belief that Kelly wouldn't say such a thing.

Yes, not just Kelly but ANY chief of staff.   This would be a truly brain-dead comment that provides only negative results back at him and his environment.   So, yeah, my first thought is why a CoS (or really any public official) would make such a pointless statement.   When looking for why I found that this all stems from the Daily Beast who was not actually there but heard it from three 'sources' with 'knowledge of the meeting'.

Bottom line, quit complaining that I have registered rather understandable skepticism.   If you think this is factual deliver something and then we can talk.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
4.1.6  sixpick  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.1    6 years ago
The Daily Beast was not invited, but was briefed on its contents by three sources with knowledge of the meeting.

Isn't that the way it goes?   If there weren't anonymous creditable sources with knowledge about any information, the Left wouldn't have any sources at all.

And the many leaks are not necessarily from this Administration as stated above.  That's all the more reason to clean house and get rid of those who choose to sabotage this administration.  Wonder if Schiff was in the bathroom texting one of his many leaks at the same time?

Daily Beast

left7.png?ssl=1

LEFT BIAS

These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation.  They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. 

Always remember to move the dot one notch to the left to remove Mediabiasfactcheck's bias from any of their opinions.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.7  TᵢG  replied to  sixpick @4.1.6    6 years ago

I would have the exact response regardless of who was PoTUS or who was CoS.   This is just everyday skepticism - not accepting something as true unless the supporting evidence and logic are sufficient.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
4.1.8  sixpick  replied to  TᵢG @4.1.7    6 years ago

I understand and agree.  I would have the same response.  As we generally don't agree on much, I assume we do agree the foundation for truth is evidence, not hearsay.  It's completely understandable a video preferably or at least an audio to provide a little more than hearsay from a biased source.  Either way, biased left or right sources need to provide evidence.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4.1.9  TᵢG  replied to  sixpick @4.1.8    6 years ago
I assume we do agree the foundation for truth is evidence, not hearsay.

Yes we do agree.  thumbs up