╌>

Comey 1,000 - Trump 0

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  johnrussell  •  6 years ago  •  21 comments

Comey 1,000  -  Trump 0

James Comey's ballyhooed hour long interview with ABC News is over. 

In the final moments, Stephanopolous asks Comey if Trump is fit to hold the office of the president of the United States. To his everlasting credit , Comey, after a short explanation, emphatically and clearly said "no". He then explained that Donald Trump is morally unfit to lead this country. 

Who can seriously argue this point? No one. 

James Comey strikes me as an honest man who does the best he can to live up to his principles. In other words, a direct opposite of Donald Trump. Comey's flaw is that at times he seems a little like Hamlet in that he overthinks his choices and over explains his actions. He tells the audience not only why he did something but also why he didnt do the other thing he was thinking about doing. 

Seeing this interview tonight and most of the controversies surrounding Comey laid out in a somewhat compact and concise format makes one thing perfectly clear - James Comey is ten times the man Donald Trump is. 

It makes me wonder what is wrong with the conservative media in this country, that they think it is wise or fair to smear this man the way they have.  I think the explanation of this smearing is found in understanding that the deplorables are still alive and kicking. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    6 years ago

Comey was impressive. Trump has never been impressive and is the total opposite of impressive. 

Case closed. Comey is believable and Trump is a pos. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2  Vic Eldred    6 years ago

Comey came across as what he is - a revenge driven egomaniac, who NEVER should have been appointed FBI director. 

BTW Jim, you serve at the pleasure of the President. The job is not guaranteed and that goes for any of the politically biased agents whom Comey allowed to flourish within the FBI

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
2.1  lennylynx  replied to  Vic Eldred @2    6 years ago

Lol, Comey's the main reason you have your criminal, imbecile president.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to    6 years ago

You are good at babbling, so you've got one thing going for you. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.2    6 years ago

'You are good at babbling, so you've got one thing going for you.'

He claims to be a cardiologist.  Funny how he has so much time to spend on Newstalkers being such an important cardiologist and all that.  

luther28
Sophomore Silent
3  luther28    6 years ago

I believe he diminished himself by throwing in all the silly little Trumpisms (small hands, orange face etc.), but beyond that I would have to say he is infinitely more credible than his former boss.

zuksam
Junior Silent
4  zuksam    6 years ago

When a former Director of the FBI starts talking about Morality, The Rule of Law, and the Truth I just have to laugh because he's either clueless or a lying sack of Shit.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
4.1  Jasper2529  replied to  zuksam @4    6 years ago
he's either clueless or a lying sack of Shit.

I'll take "a lying sack of Shit" for $1000, Alex.  ;)

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
4.2  Sunshine  replied to  zuksam @4    6 years ago
When a former Director of the FBI starts talking about Morality,

I guess his morality didn't tell him that wrath is one of the seven deadly sins.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
4.2.1  Jasper2529  replied to  Sunshine @4.2    6 years ago
I guess his morality didn't tell him that wrath is one of the seven deadly sins.

As is Pride (hubris, arrogance, corrupt/destructive selfishness).

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
5  Sunshine    6 years ago

Comey has an axe to grind for being fired.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6  Sean Treacy    6 years ago

Comey is as political and self serving as anyone in politics. Calibrating his announcements depending on the polls, with holding information from the President that served Comey's own goals. As Clinton adviser Mark Penn notes:

It was, after all, Comey who went to the president during the transition seeking a one-on-one meeting to tell him about the inflammatory dossier, but who critically omitted telling the president that the dossier was a product of the Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee. These facts, he knew, if revealed at that moment in January, would have ended further inquiry. This was no effort to inform the president and douse the fires of unverified and salacious information, but one to inflame the president and spread the stories everywh ere.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @6    6 years ago

Anyone who could watch Comey explain himself, and watch Trump explain himself, and then believe Trump over Comey, doesn't have a brain in their head. 

Comey's major flaw is that he over explains himself and he tends to be judgmental. But by all appearances he is honest.  Trump is not. That, in a sense, is all there is to it. 

Conservatives are far too gullible and far too ready to give Trump some slack. When Comey summed up trump's character at the end of the interview he is 100% correct. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6.1.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1    6 years ago

nyone who could watch Comey explain himself, and watch Trump explain himself,...But by all appearances he is honest.

Being articulate doesn't correlate with being honest.  The ability to appear honest is what determines a good liar or con man, from a bad one. 

Comey chooses every word and every action to serve the interests of Jim Comey. Trump (the supposed monster who Comey was happy to work for)  has nothing to do with the reality of Comey's character.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
7  Sean Treacy    6 years ago

Anyone who could watch Comey explain himself, and watch Trump explain himself,...But by all appearances he is honest.

Being articulate doesn't correlate with being honest.

Comey chooses every word and every action to serve the interests of Jim Comey. Trump (the supposed monster who Comey was happy to work for)  has nothing to do with the reality of Comey's character.