╌>

AP Obtains Comey Memos on Trump Interactions

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  6 years ago  •  298 comments

AP Obtains Comey Memos on Trump Interactions

1000x-1.jpg

Washington (AP) -- The Latest on former FBI Director James Comey's memos (all times local):

8:30 p.m.

The Associated Press has obtained 15 pages of memos that former FBI Director James Comey drafted about his interactions with President Donald Trump.

The Justice Department provided the documents to Congress on Thursday.

The memos include details about several interactions in the first few months of the Trump administration. They include a January 2017 dinner at which Comey says Trump asked him for his loyalty, and a conversation the following month about former White House national security adviser Michael Flynn.

Some of the episodes have been recounted in Comey's congressional testimony last year and in his new book, "A Higher Loyalty."

__

7:45 p.m.

The Justice Department has sent Congress confidential memos written by former FBI Director James Comey.

In a letter sent to three Republican House committee chairmen Thursday evening, Assistant Attorney General Stephen Boyd writes that the department is sending a classified version of the memos and an unclassified version. The department released Boyd's letter publicly, but not the memos.

Boyd writes that the department "consulted the relevant parties" and concluded that releasing the memos would not adversely affect any ongoing investigations.

Comey revealed last year that he had written the memos after conversations with President Donald Trump, who later fired him. Some lawmakers have been able to view the memos since last summer, but copies had not been provided to Congress.

__

5:30 p.m.

The Justice Department has agreed to provide three House committees with copies of several memos written by former FBI Director James Comey, according to a person familiar with the agreement.

The move comes as House Republicans have escalated criticism of the department, threatening to subpoena the documents and questioning Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and other officials. The person familiar with the agreement spoke to The Associated Press on Thursday on condition of anonymity because the documents had not yet been sent to Congress.

Justice officials had allowed some lawmakers to view the memos but had never provided copies to the House committees.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-04-19/the-latest-justice-dept-sends-comey-memos-to-congress

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    6 years ago

First reports claim Comey is constantly telling Trump that McCabe is an "honorable man" and that the FBI is not sneaky and wouldn't leak.....I guess Trump's instincts were on target, as usual. How ironic that we now know the FBI was full of liars & leakers.
18 USC 1001 plus maybe 3 other statute violations will loosen McCabe's tongue. Everything is coming out now. Mueller should have been investigating things that happened in 2016 on all sides, including at the DOJ & FBI, but it's never a good idea to have an investigation that is launched via the Steele Dossier to find a crime. 

Now Comey's moment of truth has come. We will see him and other top FBI officials in court.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3  seeder  Vic Eldred    6 years ago

BTW there are classified redactions in the memos. I thought Comey said there was no classified info in his memos?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Vic Eldred @3    6 years ago

Comment removed for generalizations [ph]

Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו
Junior Participates
3.2  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Vic Eldred @3    6 years ago
I thought Comey said there was no classified info in his memos?

There wasn't.  As usual, you either don't know what you're talking about or.......well, you know. 

Junior Participates
3.2.2  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to    6 years ago

"Classy."

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @3.2    6 years ago

You better read the Wall Street Journal, which reported that 2 of the memos were marked classified - with Comey, himself marking one as "secret". All of which, no matter the classification, were property of the FBI.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
3.2.4  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.2.3    6 years ago
himself marking one as "secret". All of which, no matter the classification,

Comey in his remarks after marking the one secret said that he thought someone else needed to look at it to verify the classification or, reclassify it as soon as possible. Amazing how you missed that little tidbit.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.3  Skrekk  replied to  Vic Eldred @3    6 years ago
BTW there are classified redactions in the memos. I thought Comey said there was no classified info in his memos?

Sounds like you have trouble following the plot.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.3.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Skrekk @3.3    6 years ago
Sounds like you have trouble following the plot.

Sounds like you didn't read what I said earlier.  Those memos Comey wrote, regardless of classification, are FBI property. I know he hated losing the job he never should of had, but he had no business leaking any info to the media. As far as I'm concerned, those memos weren't the first time. From day 1 experts were saying the leaks had to be coming from someone high up in one or more of the intelligence agencies. Now we know there were many leakers in the leadership positions at the FBI. McCabe is going down and according to the IG report they got Lisa Page for leaking and I say Comey too. The day after Comey told Trump about the Russian prostitute story (taken from the Dossier), the story ran on CNN (or should I call it PNN).

They're all going down!

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.3.2  Skrekk  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.3.1    6 years ago
Those memos Comey wrote, regardless of classification, are FBI property.

That's a curious claim which has no support in any law.

McCabe is going down and according to the IG report they got Lisa Page for leaking and I say Comey too.

Whatever McCabe might have done has nothing to do with Comey.

The day after Comey told Trump about the Russian prostitute story (taken from the Dossier), the story ran on CNN (or should I call it PNN). 

FYI, Steele released his dossier to the press long before that because he was convinced that the FBI wasn't doing anything about it.   The Trump-Comey meeting you're referring to was on 1/6/2017 but Mother Jones had already published some details on 10/31/2016, and Steele had also sent the dossier to several other media organizations.   The MSM didn't treat the dossier seriously until after Mother Jones revealed that Russia had been cultivating Trump for a number of years.

As I said you have trouble following the plot.     Maybe you should have paid attention during the Fusion GPS testimony to Congress?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.3.3  XXJefferson51  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.3.1    6 years ago

It will be interesting watching all the Comey friends and himself go down!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.3.4  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.3.3    6 years ago
It will be interesting watching all the Comey friends and himself go down!

I'm enjoying it, kind of refreshing isn't it?

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
4  Skrekk    6 years ago

Truly bizarre that a President would ask for personal "loyalty" from an FBI director.   Sounds like Trump really does think the presidency is a dictatorship or he was already concerned that he might be indicted for his criminal behavior.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Skrekk @4    6 years ago

Obama had the loyalty of both Holder and Lynch and did his every bidding. They have absolutely nothing on Trump and have told him so, but things are slowly starting to fall apart for the treacherous and criminal Dems in high places. Stock up on popcorn and sit back and enjoy the show.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
4.1.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1    6 years ago
Stock up on popcorn and sit back and enjoy the show.

Got both on hand, and ready to watch Mueller hand out the list of more 'Wicked Witches from the right".

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Raven Wing @4.1.1    6 years ago

Not gonna happen or it would have already. The evidence of crimes committed is starting to lead Mueller to the left.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
4.1.3  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1    6 years ago
Obama had the loyalty of both Holder and Lynch and did his every bidding. They have absolutely nothing on Trump and have told him so, but things are slowly starting to fall apart for the treacherous and criminal Dems in high places. Stock up on popcorn and sit back and enjoy the show.

Here's the thing Greg, even if Comey's memo's had come out and shown that the president was a KGB agent none of you on the Right would accept that, even if the memo's had said that Trump had said in no uncertain terms, "Comey, I will fire you if you continue with this investigation" none of you an the Right would accept that and, call for Trumps impeachment. Facts are facts and, the fact that no one on the Right has never had anything on Hillary or, Obama or, Holder or, Lynch other than speculation and, innuendo hasn't stopped any of you from convicting them in the court of public opinion for eight years. Every single one of you on the Right seem to have forgotten that until this year Comey was a Republican, you accuse him of being a tool for "the Dems" with no proof of it except, as I've said before, speculation and, innuendo. At least the "Left" has something more, four Trump campaign officials who have pled guilty and, 19 people who have been charged with crimes, some of whom are a part of the Trump campaign or, a part of his administration, his own long time personal lawyer is now facing charges in New York state. What charges are Obama or, anyone else that you have named facing, what have they been charged with in a court of law? Answer, NONE.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
4.1.4  Raven Wing  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1.2    6 years ago
Not gonna happen or it would have already.

laughing dude   I am really tickled by what some people think is involved in criminal investigations. That it can all be solved in less that a day, if that long. And when they make assumptions like, and then publicize them, they are showing just how little they really know. 

Sorry......but, real investigations don't work that way. Never have, never will, and just wishing does not make it happen that way.  

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
4.1.5  Skrekk  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1    6 years ago
Obama had the loyalty of both Holder and Lynch and did his every bidding.

If he had their loyalty it's only because he earned their respect, and he was very careful not to interfere with the DOJ or the FBI.    He also earned Comey's respect and Comey himself has said that Obama never asked for his loyalty.

I really doubt anyone on the planet actually respects Trump, particularly the people who know him personally.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.7  Tessylo  replied to  Skrekk @4.1.5    6 years ago
'If he had their loyalty it's only because he earned their respect, and he was very careful not to interfere with the DOJ or the FBI.    He also earned Comey's respect and Comey himself has said that Obama never asked for his loyalty.'

What president tells the world that the FBI is corrupt and not to be trusted?   In front of the world?  Fucking moron.  

Donald Rump demands loyalty.  He has not earned it, never will.  Respect, nope!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.9  Tessylo  replied to  NORMAN-D @4.1.8    6 years ago
"Former Director Comey's memos show the President made clear he wanted allegations of collusion, coordination, and conspiracy between his campaign and Russia fully investigated,"

Sure he did!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.11  Tessylo  replied to  Skrekk @4.1.5    6 years ago
'I really doubt anyone on the planet actually respects Trump, particularly the people who know him personally.'

I would have to agree with you.  It's been long known - he is despised in New York City.  They know that turd is a short fingered vulgarian.  They don't respect him.  They laugh at him.  

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.1.12  MrFrost  replied to  NORMAN-D @4.1.6    6 years ago

Prove it.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.13  Sparty On  replied to  Raven Wing @4.1.4    6 years ago
That it can all be solved in less that a day

A day?   Really?

This investigation has been going on for nearly a year with Mueller as Special Counsel.   Longer for the FBI.

I guess one day is a lot longer in your world than mine.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.1.15  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.7    6 years ago
What president tells the world that the FBI is corrupt and not to be trusted?

The FBI made that happen, all on their own.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.16  Tessylo  replied to  It Is ME @4.1.15    6 years ago
The FBI made that happen, all on their own.

By doing their jobs?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.1.17  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @4.1.16    6 years ago

"Colluding" against an "American Citizen" is not supposed to be their job. You do try and find "Regular" news, instead of "Opinion" news....right ?

I try looking at the BBC and The Economist more often than not. Most U.S. reporting is fiction since 2009.

Junior Participates
4.1.18  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1    6 years ago
Obama had the loyalty of both Holder and Lynch and did his every bidding.

You mean they did their jobs.  Give us one example, just one--however minor--that Obama leaned on either one of his AGs at any time during his 8 completely scandal-free years in office. 

Explorerdog
Freshman Silent
4.1.19  Explorerdog  replied to  It Is ME @4.1.17    6 years ago

Do you not favor the so called news channel that self identifies as entertainment to alleviate the pressure of legal implications. Now that the head cupcake is caught completely lacking journalistic integrity doesn't even need to pretend any more.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.1.20  It Is ME  replied to  Explorerdog @4.1.19    6 years ago
Do you not favor the so called news channel that self identifies as entertainment to alleviate the pressure of legal implications.

I'm assuming (sorry) that was a question, but to the point, I don't look for "News" that is entertaining !

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.21  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @4.1.18    6 years ago
You mean they did their jobs.

Nope, Holder the black supremacist was held in contempt of congress, while Lynch fudged the Clinton investigation. Both were a national disgrace

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
4.1.22  Skrekk  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.21    6 years ago
Holder the black supremacist

Skirting the CoC [ph]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.23  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Skrekk @4.1.22    6 years ago
Removed for context {SP}

I do?

That's another code violation

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
4.1.24  Skrekk  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.23    6 years ago
Holder the black supremacist

So is it just Holder who's a "black supremacist" because he's a black guy, or is that all black folks?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.25  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Skrekk @4.1.24    6 years ago

Of course, neither. Mr Holder had an extensive record of bias as AG, where should I begin?

how about his opinion of hate crime legislation via his own words:

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
4.1.26  lennylynx  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.23    6 years ago

"That's another code violation."

Try not to be such a snowflake, Vic! Happy

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.27  Texan1211  replied to  Skrekk @4.1.24    6 years ago

What did you read?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.28  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  lennylynx @4.1.26    6 years ago

lenny, "snowflakes' are usually indoctrinated students who are upset by opposing opinions.  Calling people "racist" is NOT to be tolerated!

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
4.1.29  Skrekk  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.25    6 years ago
Atty General Eric Holder admits that Bill is not about punishing crimes motivated by hate, but rather about making crimes against 'certain groups' worth-more than comparable crimes against others.

LOL...Like all other conservatives neither you or Jeff Sessions has any clue how hate crimes statutes work.

From what I can tell no conservative in the country has any comprehension of these laws.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.30  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Skrekk @4.1.29    6 years ago
Like all other conservatives neither you or Jeff Sessions

It might be better if you didn't lump everyone together. I'm more reactionary than Conservative. Deleted - Skirting {SP}
As for the honorable Jeff Sessions, who put the grand wizard of the KKK in the electric chair as Alabama's AG, he is a man of principle. The hater, Eric Holder dosen't amount to a pimple on his ass

Derogatory statements attacking all within a category (e.g. liberals, conservatives, theists, atheists, Democrats, Republicans, Libertarians, etc.) are indirect derogatory references.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
4.1.31  Skrekk  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.30    6 years ago
It might be better if you didn't lump everyone together. I'm more reactionary than Conservative. 

And yet none of you understand how hate crimes statutes work.   LOL.    I'm not surprised that a bigoted moron like Jeff Sessions doesn't understand, skirting the CoC [ph]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.1.32  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Skrekk @4.1.31    6 years ago

That statement is beneath me resonding

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
4.1.33  Skrekk  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.1.32    6 years ago
That statement is beneath me resonding

Well, you're the one who posted the video which showed that a racist and homophobe like Jeff Sessions doesn't understand even the most basic aspects of how hate crimes laws work.    Somehow I suspect that wasn't your intent, but so far you haven't displayed any knowledge of the topic either.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
4.2  Raven Wing  replied to  Skrekk @4    6 years ago
Truly bizarre that a President would ask for personal "loyalty"

Sounds more like that asked by a Mafia Boss. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.2.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Raven Wing @4.2    6 years ago

It's all downhill for you guys from here on. Be prepared for bad outcomes for your liberal heroes

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
4.2.2  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Greg Jones @4.2.1    6 years ago
Be prepared for bad outcomes for your liberal heroes

Don't hold your breath.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
4.2.3  Raven Wing  replied to  Greg Jones @4.2.1    6 years ago
Be prepared for bad outcomes for your liberal heroes

Now that's funny. Totally far fetched, but, funny. laughing dude laughing dude

Junior Participates
4.2.5  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Greg Jones @4.2.1    6 years ago
It's all downhill for you guys from here on.

That's  as good an example of "whistling past the graveyard" you could have come up with.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
4.2.6  Skrekk  replied to  NORMAN-D @4.2.4    6 years ago
he never once mentioned the most relevant fact of all, which was whether he felt obstructed in his investigation."

Why do you think Comey wrote contemporaneous memos and discussed these issues with his colleagues?    Why do you think he asked a trusted friend to release them to the public?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Skrekk @4    6 years ago
Truly bizarre that a President would ask for personal "loyalty" from an FBI director.

Then it must come as a real shock to discover that Comey's response was something like "you'll get that" according to these recently released documents! A clear contradiction to what Comey said before.

Sounds like Trump really does think the presidency is a dictatorship or he was already concerned that he might be indicted for his criminal behavior.

In that case he should have nominated Eric Holder, who once proudly said as AG "I'm the President's wingman"

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
4.4  Spikegary  replied to  Skrekk @4    6 years ago

All presidents should expect loyalty from the employees of the government, especially high ranking appointed positions.  Normal people understand this as they undrstand the sun rises in the east and sets in the west.

JBB
Professor Principal
4.4.1  JBB  replied to  Spikegary @4.4    6 years ago

All People should expect all public servants to be loyal to the Constitution and our laws...

No one, including the President of the United States, is above the law or our Constitution.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.4.3  Tessylo  replied to  NORMAN-D @4.4.2    6 years ago
Which is exactly why.....There is a day in court coming for the Hildabeast. And soon

Why?  What for?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.4.5  Tessylo  replied to  NORMAN-D @4.4.4    6 years ago

'Go away.....'

Nope

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.4.6  Greg Jones  replied to  Tessylo @4.4.5    6 years ago

You've had your first warning. It's best to heed it.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.4.7  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @4.4.6    6 years ago

laughing dude

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
4.4.8  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  NORMAN-D @4.4.2    6 years ago
Which is exactly why.....There is a day in court coming for the Hildabeast. And soon.

not just hildabeast

many heads are going to roll before all is said and done.

Cheers :)

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.4.9  It Is ME  replied to  JBB @4.4.1    6 years ago
All People should expect all public servants to be loyal to the Constitution and our laws...

Well, Not ALL servants.

Depends on who is in power at the time, as to who expects what from Whom.....right ?

cjcold
Professor Quiet
4.4.10  cjcold  replied to  NORMAN-D @4.4.2    6 years ago
There is a day in court coming for the Hildabeast

And how many times was Hillary investigated by GOP fanatics without finding any crimes?

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.4.11  Tessylo  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @4.4.8    6 years ago
'many heads are going to roll before all is said and done.'

Whose heads?

Junior Participates
4.4.12  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Spikegary @4.4    6 years ago
All presidents should expect loyalty from the employees of the government,

In dicatorships, yes.  In a truely healthy republic--unh-unh. 

Explorerdog
Freshman Silent
4.4.13  Explorerdog  replied to  Tessylo @4.4.11    6 years ago

Chumps will pick up the gravel.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
4.4.14  Skrekk  replied to  Spikegary @4.4    6 years ago
All presidents should expect loyalty from the employees of the government, especially high ranking appointed positions.

Sorry but ours is a government of laws not of men.   The oath these office holders take is to the US constitution not to the president.

Sounds like you must have grown up in a banana republic where loyalty is owed to the dictator.    The Mafia runs on the same principle so that's probably where your Fuhrer learned it.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.4.15  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Spikegary @4.4    6 years ago

Well said. I'm sure JFK knew what to expect from RFK

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
4.4.16  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Spikegary @4.4    6 years ago
All presidents should expect loyalty from the employees of the government, especially high ranking appointed positions.

Ummm, no, the only presidents who expect this are people like Fidel Castro, Vladimir Putin and, any "president" who is actually a dictator. The people who serve our government have to take an oath but, that oath is to protect and, defend the GOVERNMENT AND, THE CONSTITUTION against all enemies, foreign and, domestic, not to protect the president from a lawful investigation.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
4.4.17  Skrekk  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.4.15    6 years ago
I'm sure JFK knew what to expect from RFK

A very interesting comment given that the Senate and the public saw that as an impropriety in part because they were siblings.    In fact he wouldn't have been confirmed if a roll call vote had been made instead of a voice vote, and it's why LBJ signed a law prohibiting nepotism in federal office.    It's precisely because the office holder's loyalty should be to the constitution not to the person who nominated them.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.4.18  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Skrekk @4.4.17    6 years ago

Ya, and?  Nepotism is gone, but in most cases the AG continues to operate in the same manner or don't you think Holder did exactly as Obama wanted?

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
4.4.19  Skrekk  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.4.18    6 years ago
don't you think Holder did exactly as Obama wanted?

You mean like when Holder embarrassed the WH by saying:  "Though this nation has proudly thought of itself as an ethnic melting pot, in things racial we have always been and continue to be, in too many ways, essentially a nation of cowards" ?

That said, I have no doubt whatsoever that Obama and Holder have very similar views and values about the rule of law, views which are quite different from those of an incompetent and uneducated sociopath like Trump.    In fact Holder recently said this:

Former Attorney General Eric Holder blasted President Trump for saying he “protected” former President Obama during his time in office, saying as attorney general he “had a president I did not have to protect.”

“The difference between me and [Attorney General] Jeff Sessions  — I had a president I did not have to protect,” Holder said in an appearance on “Real Time with Bill Maher.”

“So, this notion that I am somehow protecting Obama from things that he had done inappropriately or illegally is simply not true,” he continued.

In an interview with The New York Times last year, Trump said he could do what he wanted with the Justice Department. He was asked at the time if he would reopen the investigation into former Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton ’s email use during her time as secretary of State.

"I have absolute right to do what I want to do with the Justice Department. But for purposes of hopefully thinking I’m going to be treated fairly, I’ve stayed uninvolved with this particular matter," he told the Times.

He also asserted during the interview that Holder “protected” Obama during his presidency.

“I don’t want to get into loyalty, but I will tell you that, I will say this: Holder protected President Obama. Totally protected him,” Trump said. 

Holder slammed Trump for the remarks at the time, calling them “wrong” and “dangerous.”

“Trump doesn’t have absolute rights with DOJ. But women and men there have ABSOLUTE duty to follow Constitution and rule of law - not a man,” Holder tweeted in December.

Holder’s remarks come after Trump launched a fresh attack against Sessions this week, calling him “disgraceful.” Trump has frequently criticized his attorney general.

In other words when a president is ethical there is no need for personal "loyalty."

cjcold
Professor Quiet
4.4.20  cjcold  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @4.4.16    6 years ago
protect and, defend the GOVERNMENT AND, THE CONSTITUTION against all enemies, foreign and, domestic

Seems Trump has always been a foreign as well as a domestic enemy.

Why is he not in prison yet?

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
4.4.21  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  cjcold @4.4.20    6 years ago
Why is he not in prison yet?

Fortunately for him and, for us, we are still a nation of laws governed by the Constitution I mentioned. Time should take care of Mr. Trump.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.4.22  MrFrost  replied to  Spikegary @4.4    6 years ago
All presidents should expect loyalty from the employees of the government

True, but not at the expense of honesty, which is exactly what trump wants. 

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
4.4.23  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  MrFrost @4.4.22    6 years ago
True, but not at the expense of honesty, which is exactly what trump wants.

Or at the expense of the Constitution, which again is what Trump wants.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
4.4.24  Raven Wing  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @4.4.21    6 years ago
Time should take care of Mr. Trump.

As it surely will. And history will not treat him kindly. But, it will be of his own making. 

The biggest mistake the Republican party made for their brand was and is, supporting Donald Trump.  He is a stain on their brand that will not go away quickly, and they will suffer the consequences of their lack of prudent decision long after Trump has thumbed his nose at them and laughed all the way to the back at their expense. 

Having once been a member of the Republican party, I well remember the kind of party they once were. But, they have chosen to take the low road in their endless greed for control of our government and the WH, and it will come back to bite them in the butt. 

The people of America will not stay stupid forever, and when they see that those who pledged to make their life better have only made it worse they will let their own voices be heard at the voting polls. And that is not far off at this point. The more Trump by-passes Congress and plays dictator wanna-be without the necessary knowledge, experience and basic fundamentals needed to make intelligent decisions, the more the American people will turn away from not only him, but, those who choose to stand beside him, instead of the people who put them in their jobs, and the constitution they swore to defend and protect.

Just my own opinion. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5  JohnRussell    6 years ago

Why the conservatives here think this is bad for Comey is anybody's guess. 

If anything , the memos are another measure of Comey's general honesty. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
5.1  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @5    6 years ago

Using words like honesty and Comey in the same sentence is an oxymoron...he's very likely to get charged with both leaking and lying.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
5.1.1  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Greg Jones @5.1    6 years ago
.he's very likely to get charged with both leaking and lying.

Considering it was the Congress who asked for the memos and, it was them who released them to the press how is it you see Comey being charged with leaking the information?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @5.1.1    6 years ago
Considering it was the Congress who asked for the memos and, it was them who released them to the press how is it you see Comey being charged with leaking the information?

I don't think that's what he is referring to. More likely the infamous leaking Comey did through a friend to the New York Times. How short a memory you have.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
5.1.3  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.2    6 years ago
More likely the infamous leaking Comey did through a friend to the New York Times. How short a memory you have.

Oh you mean were the friend actually did the leaking, were the friend took the information to the press and, Comey didn't? Isn't that like me giving something to someone and, they take it to someone else on their own? Did I "leak" it or, did they?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.4  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @5.1.3    6 years ago
Did I "leak" it or, did they?

Comey would be responsible. He released the info and told the friend to give it to the "Times". Are you really gonna try and get him off because he used a proxy to do it? I guess we can start releasing a lot of Mafia leaders then because they didn't actually pull the trigger.

No wonder the liberal sense of justice is so skewed. Anything to win, right?

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.1.5  bugsy  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @5.1.3    6 years ago

Just by giving his friend classified memos is considered leaking.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
5.1.6  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  bugsy @5.1.5    6 years ago
Just by giving his friend classified memos is considered leaking.

Was it classified or, was it unclassified? Do you really know for sure?

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.1.7  bugsy  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @5.1.6    6 years ago

My OPINION is if they had to be redacted, then more than likely there was classified information in them.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
5.1.8  Spikegary  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @5.1.6    6 years ago

Giving the memo to  a'friend' is leaking-classified or unclassified.  Classified violates more laws.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
5.1.10  katrix  replied to  bugsy @5.1.7    6 years ago

There was classified redacted information in some of the memos - but Comey didn't give all the memos to the Professor.  Richman says that that he only got unclassified ones.    The fact that other memos had classified information isn't a big deal, as long as those weren't the ones provided to Richman.

This is a pretty major fail as an attempt to make it look like Comey leaked classified information.  As several news outlets have stated, they do nothing but make Trump look ridiculous (nothing new there, of course) and he's probably going to be pretty pissed off that they were released.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5.1.13  MrFrost  replied to  Spikegary @5.1.8    6 years ago

They were his personal notes, not official documents. He can do what he wants with them. Comey was the head of the largest law enforcement agency in the country, pretty sure he knows the laws regarding the release of information and im positive he knows more than you do.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
5.1.15  katrix  replied to  XDm9mm @5.1.12    6 years ago

OK, you are correct about the FOUO - but that is still not classified information.  But yes, there are still (and should be) penalties for that.  It's still a huge step down from the "classified" that people are claiming Comey gave to the professor.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.1.17  It Is ME  replied to  MrFrost @5.1.13    6 years ago
They were his personal notes, not official documents. He can do what he wants with them.

I'd like to see his redacted Memos (notes) when he met with Obama, Clinton and the rest too.

he did make "Notes" about those meetings back then too....right ?

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5.1.18  Jasper2529  replied to  XDm9mm @5.1.16    6 years ago

Thank you for posting that link.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
5.1.21  katrix  replied to  XDm9mm @5.1.16    6 years ago

FOUO is not a security classification , it is protective marking /caveat. It is not classified according to Executive Order, but is exempt from disclosure to the public under exemptions 2 through 9 of the FOIA.

Unauthorized Disclosure. The unauthorized disclosure of UCI/FOUO material is not an unauthorized disclosure of classified information. 

Yes, it is still exempt from disclosure to the public - and while Comey didn't leak it to the press, the Professor was certainly a member of the public, so that was a violation of the rules.  Again, though, it is not at the same level as something that is Classified, and the distinction should be made.  

I have an interesting OUO document from my parents' time in the Navy - a document provided to them in Taiwan about how to deal with Chinese people.  I'd love to sell it, but I don't know if OUO ever expires, so I'm erring on the safe side and keeping it.

katrix
Sophomore Participates
5.1.22  katrix  replied to  XDm9mm @5.1.20    6 years ago
Actually, while he might have written them as "personal notes", they were written on a government provided computer which in fact makes them GOVERNMENT property....   NOT//NOT personal property.

There is limited accepted use of government property for personal use; we all sign something to that effect.  The question is whether, as working papers, these would be considered Federal records or personal files - I would say they're clearly Federal records, otherwise they wouldn't have been categorized as to their classification status.  And it is not permissible to remove Federal records from an Agency.

Again, the content made them FOUO (actually FOUO no longer exists; it's now CUI, or Controlled Unclassified Information), so under FOIA they were still not supposed to be disclosed.

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.1.24  bugsy  replied to  katrix @5.1.10    6 years ago
Richman says that that he only got unclassified ones.

How do you know that? Just because he said?

owlsview677
Freshman Silent
5.1.27  owlsview677  replied to  XDm9mm @5.1.20    6 years ago

I wonder if Comey used a government computer to write any parts of his book? Would that make his book government property?

I bring up the book, because after all, that is what this story and the timing of this story is all about. There are no new revelations in these memos just a bunch of crap for people to rehash for the umpteenth time.

How adept is it for a former FBI Director to circumvent laws designed to prevent criminals from profiting from selling their stories by publishing his story before charges are brought?

James Comey is an admitted liar and leaker of classified information. Regardless of what is felt about Trump, this is unacceptable and inexcusable. Failure to pursue charges and mete out punishment would give a nice big green light to any government officials with corruption on their minds.

To those on the left who support Comey I say this:

There are no good alligators in the swamp, not even the ones on your side. If it is your contention that Comey should be given a pass then any claims you make of integrity and patriotism are false.

Democratic leadership (?), Republican Establishment leadership are the gators, media is the pool they swim in.

As a Trump supporter I am greatly pleased at the great number of Republican establishment types that are leaving Congress. President Trump said he was going to drain the swamp and he is, not just half of it. We have no need for the experienced leadership that the gators who have been running the swamp for years provide for us.

We have only skimmed the surface. Establishment Media will fight tooth and nail all of the way just as they did during the election and have since. The odds are against them. When we elected Trump we proved that the people are stronger than the press.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.28  Texan1211  replied to  katrix @5.1.10    6 years ago

Richman says he only got unclassified ones.

yeah, and Hillary stated that NO classified info was in her emails.

JBB
Professor Principal
5.1.29  JBB  replied to  owlsview677 @5.1.27    6 years ago
I wonder if Comey used a government computer to write any parts of his book?

Comey wrote his new book in the time since he was fired by Trump.

Comey's integrity is unimpeachable. Trump is entirely impeachable...

Junior Participates
5.1.30  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  owlsview677 @5.1.27    6 years ago

Do you often "wonder" about ridiculous things like that?  What a waste of time.

owlsview677
Freshman Silent
5.1.31  owlsview677  replied to  JBB @5.1.29    6 years ago

Of course Comey wrote his book after leaving office. At least we don't think he had started it beforehand. You know JBB that it is really difficult not to get sarcastic and whimsical when reading comments made in NT, actually social media such as it is these days everywhere.

Now really JBB, Trump's integrity may well be impeachable, we don't know yet. Saying that an admitted liar's integrity is unimpeachable is beneath you. Has the decline of Newsvine dulled your sharpness? True there are a lot of amateurs around here, on both sides but you aren't one of them.

It is a pretty sad state of affairs when regardless of political partisanship that any American would support an admitted liar. If Comey were to run for Pres. in 2020 would you vote for him?

owlsview677
Freshman Silent
5.1.32  owlsview677  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @5.1.30    6 years ago

Whimsical perhaps but not ridiculous. Regardless, yes I do. It provides a bit of often comic relief from the constant circular ragging and personal sniping that goes on in social media these days.

It is rather telling that neither you nor JBB seemed to want to comment on the rest of what I had to say. Of course dealing with truth is something that is difficult for all partisans

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
5.1.33  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to    6 years ago
When gave the memos to his friend he leaked the info it's not very hard to see.

Soooo, all of you have a problem with a Whistleblower, got it.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
5.1.34  Skrekk  replied to  owlsview677 @5.1.27    6 years ago

I bring up the book, because after all, that is what this story and the timing of this story is all about. [..]

James Comey is an admitted liar and leaker of classified information.

Your second sentence is quite moronic since the FBI and other intel agencies cleared Comey's book.

If there was any release of classified information it was by the House Republicans who demanded the memos from the DOJ and then gave them to the press.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.35  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Skrekk @5.1.34    6 years ago
Your second sentence is quite moronic

There you go again

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.1.36  bugsy  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @5.1.33    6 years ago
Soooo, all of you have a problem with a Whistleblower, got it.

Whistleblowers don't leak classified information.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
5.1.37  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  bugsy @5.1.36    6 years ago
Whistleblowers don't leak classified information.

I beg to differ on this. Watergate, the Pentagon Papers, shall I go on? Besides, what Comey "leaked" was approved by the FBI when he put it in his book so, no leak. In order to leak something you have to do it without the permission of the organization who it belongs to. Once again, Comey had permission. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.1.38  bugsy  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @5.1.37    6 years ago
Once again, Comey had permission.

Are you saying Comey had permission to give his memos to a friend so he can leak them to WaPo, and eventually have a special counsel appointed? Comey was the head of the FBI. Who did he get permission from? His boss, AG Sessions? I doubt it.

Wow...that's a reach.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
5.1.39  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  bugsy @5.1.38    6 years ago
Are you saying Comey had permission to give his memos to a friend so he can leak them to WaPo, and eventually have a special counsel appointed? Comey was the head of the FBI. Who did he get permission from? His boss, AG Sessions? I doubt it.

The memo that you are referring to was redacted before it was given to his friend so, no classified information got out. Comey was given permission to write the book by the FBI, after he was fired so, all the memos then became unclassified when the book came out, portions of the memos were redacted by the FBI before they were given to Congress, those redacted memos are the ones that were given to the press. Now, since the memos given to the press were redacted like the memo given to the friend are you willing to concede that Congress just "leaked" FBI memos to the press and, should face the same penalty that you want to level on Comey?

owlsview677
Freshman Silent
5.1.40  owlsview677  replied to  bugsy @5.1.38    6 years ago

Hold on there a minute bugsy. Shrekk and GMR are just making a moronic attempt to deflect from the truth. The book wasn't the vehicle of Comey's leaks and they both know it.

Typical behavior by those who want to deflect from the truth. Comey's lying testimony and leaking of information both occurred before the book was written. Everybody seems to know that except them. Of course the book was cleared, after all, there is nothing in it that hasn't already been argued about for months.

They are just playing the same games they played on the Vine. The book is nothing more than a moneymaker for Comey pure and simple. Maybe they aren't playing games. Maybe they really are continually out of step with what is going on around them.

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.1.41  bugsy  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @5.1.39    6 years ago
The memo that you are referring to was redacted before it was given to his friend so,

Do you seriously think Comey redacted anything from his leaked memos BEFORE his buddy got them? Wow....

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
5.1.42  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  bugsy @5.1.41    6 years ago
Do you seriously think Comey redacted anything from his leaked memos BEFORE his buddy got them? Wow....

I would rather believe Comey, who has less reason to lie than Trump, than to believe Trump or, any one of Trumps lap dogs. Trump has spent too much time trying to discredit Comey and, McCabe for me to doubt either of them. If Trump did nothing wrong and, if he is telling the truth then why is Trump spending so much time trying to discredit any witness's that might testify in the Russia investigation and, why is he trying so hard to shut it down? Innocent men don't do that.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
5.1.43  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  bugsy @5.1.7    6 years ago

If the classified information was redacted then the memo was no longer classified. Duh!

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
5.1.44  Skrekk  replied to  owlsview677 @5.1.40    6 years ago
Hold on there a minute bugsy. Shrekk and GMR are just making a moronic attempt to deflect from the truth. The book wasn't the vehicle of Comey's leaks and they both know it.

True, the book wasn't the primary vehicle by which Comey's personal memos were made public.    That happened first in redacted form when non-classified material was published by the NYT, and then in open testimony to Congress.    But your claims about "leaks" or "classified data" are entirely bogus because the FBI cleared the exact same material for publication in Comey's book.

And it was the House GOP which gave the press a version which contained info which the FBI initially deemed confidential some time AFTER Comey left the FBI.    So blame the House Republicans, not Comey.

Of course if you only get your fake news from Fox and other Pravda outlets you'd have no way of knowing the actual facts.

owlsview677
Freshman Silent
5.1.45  owlsview677  replied to  Skrekk @5.1.44    6 years ago

So tell me what the big deal is about clearance for Comey's book. What purpose would it have served to prevent what was already public knowledge from being repeated.

I get fake news from every media site I visit including FOX and Wapo. Actually watching and listening to the actual hearings is the closet we can come to knowing who said and did what and when. Not being a partisan or a fool I have no need to rely on and no tendency to blindly believe what any publication has to say. I grew up in an era when news was news not editorials.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
5.1.46  Skrekk  replied to  owlsview677 @5.1.45    6 years ago
Not being a partisan or a fool I have no need to rely on and no tendency to blindly believe what any publication has to say.

Obviously you're getting your misinformation from somewhere.   I suspect it's Fox given that they've gotten many parts of this story wrong, as the WaPo article I cited notes.

So tell me what the big deal is about clearance for Comey's book. 

It simply shows that Comey was careful about how and what he released to his friend (it was just part of one memo).

What purpose would it have served to prevent what was already public knowledge from being repeated.

FYI, being in the public domain and being common public knowledge doesn't mean it's not classified.    You should have learned that from the Clinton email nonsense where the government retroactively classified as "top secret" the NY Times articles about CIA drones.

owlsview677
Freshman Silent
5.1.47  owlsview677  replied to  Skrekk @5.1.46    6 years ago
I suspect it's Fox given that they've gotten many parts of this story wrong, as the WaPo article I cited notes.

What exactly is that sentence supposed to be telling me?

In one context it could be that you are a regular FOX watcher and know that they got it wrong first hand.

In another context it could be that you don't watch FOX at all and just rely on WaPo for your information just assuming it's not fake.

The issue of having the leaders of our bureaucracies lying to Congress and or any other government entity and or passing on potentially sensitive information to those without proper authority is a real problem. It doesn't matter what Party they belong to, what they lied about, who they lied to or when they told the lie, this we cannot allow.

Can you here me now? Or are you dead set on continuing the partisan deflections with silly arguments about what medias can or can't be trusted? I don't trust any of them. You have made it quite obvious where you place your trust.

Sleep well.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
5.1.48  Skrekk  replied to  owlsview677 @5.1.47    6 years ago
The issue of having the leaders of our bureaucracies lying to Congress and or any other government entity and or passing on potentially sensitive information to those without proper authority is a real problem. It doesn't matter what Party they belong to, what they lied about, who they lied to or when they told the lie, this we cannot allow.

I agree - that's why the constitution warns against domestic enemies like Trump.

owlsview677
Freshman Silent
5.1.49  owlsview677  replied to  Skrekk @5.1.48    6 years ago

Though nothing has yet been proven against Trump, for the sake of argument let's say that he is a "domestic" enemy. In what category would those who have had lies by them proven or admitted to be placed?

Exactly what is a "domestic" enemy? Is it a home grown enemy of the "people" or is it a home grown enemy of the "status quo"?

As a partisan it may not be wise for you to answer my first question. It would not serve you well to label many of those you have been defending as "domestic" enemies or worse.

No apologies for putting you in this position. It just goes with the territory when you relegate your thinking to just one side of the spectrum.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
5.1.50  Skrekk  replied to  owlsview677 @5.1.49    6 years ago
Though nothing has yet been proven against Trump, for the sake of argument let's say that he is a "domestic" enemy. In what category would those who have had lies by them proven or admitted to be placed?

Are you referring to Trump as a liar?    If so you might be the first conservative to admit that.

Exactly what is a "domestic" enemy? Is it a home grown enemy of the "people" or is it a home grown enemy of the "status quo"?

I'd certainly say that a president who works on behalf of a hostile foreign power is a domestic enemy, as would be a president (or other administration official) whose primary interest is his own financial interests rather than the interests of the US.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @5    6 years ago
think th

If lying to congress under oath is your idea of honesty, I really pity you

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.2.1  bugsy  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.2    6 years ago

To liberals, lying to Congress is an honor.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
5.2.2  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  bugsy @5.2.1    6 years ago

I didn't know the people involved in these hearings were "liberals".

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.2.3  bugsy  replied to  bugsy @5.2.1    6 years ago

Where did I say Republicans do not lie to Congress?

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
5.2.4  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  bugsy @5.2.3    6 years ago

Well, it seems to me that lying to Congress is more of an honor to the Republicans than it is to Liberals or, Democrats. Think about it, how many Liberals or, Democrats got their own TV show after lying to Congress or, became commentators on news programs after lying to Congress and, being caught lying to Congress? If you can, name some.

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.2.5  bugsy  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @5.2.4    6 years ago
Well, it seems

Therein lies your problem. Only difference today is, libs are just now giving a shit about it.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.2.8  Tessylo  replied to    6 years ago

Still can't get over that two consenting adults blow job can you?

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5.2.10  Jasper2529  replied to  NORMAN-D @5.2.9    6 years ago

laughing dude

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.2.11  Tessylo  replied to  NORMAN-D @5.2.9    6 years ago

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.2.12  Sparty On  replied to  Tessylo @5.2.8    6 years ago

And this illustrates the unadulterated hypocrisy of some on the left.   With you Clinton gets a pass, Trump does not.

A more clear cut case of bias i have never seen.  

Nice job of illustrating that so clearly for those on here who don't know you well already.

Junior Participates
5.2.13  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.2    6 years ago
If lying to congress under oath is your idea of honesty

L'il Jeffy Sessions did it no less than 3 times under oath (i.e., perjury) and he's still got his job. 

Junior Participates
5.2.15  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.2    6 years ago

You must be okay with it since L'il Jeffy Sessions did it 3 times and didn't pay any price for it. 

Junior Participates
5.2.16  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to    6 years ago
While at work with a 22 year old girl.

You don't think a 22 year old female is a fully emancipated woman?  I bet you never had any objection to pedophile  Scumbag Roy Moore being a Senator.  BTW, Monica never even implied that she was anything but a more than willing participant.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
5.2.17  arkpdx  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @5.2.15    6 years ago

You don't seem to mind that Hillary lied and got away with it .

Junior Participates
5.2.18  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  arkpdx @5.2.17    6 years ago
You don't seem to mind that Hillary lied and got away with it .

It's kinda hard to get exercised about a puddle when there's a flood of lies coming out of Dump's filthy pie-hole every day. 

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
5.2.19  arkpdx  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @5.2.18    6 years ago

Aaaahh!  The old it's OK if she did it because look over here and see what he is doing defense. 

Junior Participates
5.2.20  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  arkpdx @5.2.19    6 years ago
The old it's OK if she did it because look over here and see what he is doing defense.

Ummm, nope.  Not at all what I said but I understand why someone who thinks Dump's pathological lying is wonderful would want to make it look that way.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
5.2.21  arkpdx  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @5.2.20    6 years ago

You may not have used those exact words but that is exactly what you meant. 

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
5.2.22  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to    6 years ago

The biggest liar ever to hit the scene was someone they called "Tricky Dicky" can ya guess who that was? Richard Milhouse Nixon, that is until recently, then we can look at Donald J. Trump, 2000+ lies in a year and, counting.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.2.23  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @5.2.4    6 years ago
Well, it seems to me that lying to Congress is more of an honor to the Republicans than it is to Liberals or, Democrats.

There isn't really a penalty for lying to congress. How about lying to the FBI?  Why is it that Flynn faces jail time and McCabe is only worried about a pension?

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
5.2.24  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.2.23    6 years ago
Why is it that Flynn faces jail time and McCabe is only worried about a pension?

Which one of them confessed to lying to the FBI? I think that is Flynn, McCabe is fighting the IG report, which means he hasn't confessed to anything.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.2.25  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @5.2.24    6 years ago
Which one of them confessed to lying to the FBI? I think that is Flynn, McCabe is fighting the IG report, which means he hasn't confessed to anything.

He's fighting 4 charges of lying (3 times under oath). If the case is taken by prosecutors, he will be indicted. If they don't take the case, it proves my point!

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
5.2.26  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.2.25    6 years ago
He's fighting 4 charges of lying (3 times under oath). If the case is taken by prosecutors, he will be indicted. If they don't take the case, it proves my point!

It would seem that you and, I have our law degrees from the same law school, FU Law School. If they don't take his case, it doesn't prove your point, what it does prove is that they don't have a case they can take to court.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.2.27  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @5.2.26    6 years ago
it doesn't prove your point, what it does prove is that they don't have a case they can take to court.

With the IG recommending criminal charges?????   If they don't take it, there is an obvious double standard!

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
5.2.28  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.2.27    6 years ago
If they don't take it, there is an obvious double standard!

There again you prove my point, you got your law degree at the same school I did.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
5.2.29  magnoliaave  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @5.2.26    6 years ago

Do you have a law office working as in desk, chair, computer, secretary and clients?

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
5.2.30  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  magnoliaave @5.2.29    6 years ago
Do you have a law office working as in desk, chair, computer, secretary and clients?

Magnolia, you need to pay attention to the thread. I said a while back that Vic got his law degree at the same law school I did, FU Law School. I have been snarking him since that time.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
5.2.31  magnoliaave  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @5.2.30    6 years ago

There is a Fu law school.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
5.2.32  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  magnoliaave @5.2.31    6 years ago

Magnolia, please tell me you understand that FU stands for Fuck You.

JBB
Professor Principal
5.2.33  JBB  replied to  magnoliaave @5.2.29    6 years ago

Galen was being sarcastic with his point being that Vic is no more a lawyer than he. Or, that is what I deduced. In case you have not heard Andre McCabe is mounting a strong defense to clear his name of the "Trumped" up charges that were unfairly leveled against him in a rushed way to cheat him of his benefits. This effort is strong and is backed by a growing army of supporters lead by no less than three retired generals. Whistle blowers are protected under law for good reasons and in the end Comey, McCabe and a host of others who lost their careers because of Trump and Russiagate will inevitably be vindicated. The trumped up charges McCabe was terminated for a day before eligibility for retirement benefits will be shown to be retaliation and unlawful. No prosecutor is willing to take the case against McCabe so he must go to court himself to clear his name. That will be interesting. Comey plainly did not break any laws and so neither did McCabe. It is not like Trump is up against a bunch of wildeyed liberals. Mueller, Comey, McCabe and Co are all, everyone of them, life long staunch mainline straight arrow Big R Republicans, after all. That ought to make you think...

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
5.2.34  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  JBB @5.2.33    6 years ago

Thank you JBB for the clarification of what I was doing. I have no idea how things are going to turn out and, by the same note neither does anyone else on NT but, if we wait and, see we might be surprised  by the out come of the McCabe affair.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
5.2.35  magnoliaave  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @5.2.32    6 years ago

Duh! 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.2.36  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @5.2.2    6 years ago

Your defense of lying to congress is that others did it?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.2.37  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @5.2.33    6 years ago
In case you have not heard Andre McCabe is mounting a strong defense to clear his name of the "Trumped" up charges that were unfairly leveled against him

"Trumped up" by the IG appointed by Barak Obama?

First you told us wait until the facts come out. Now they are out and now you call them "Trumped up"

Junior Participates
5.4  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  JohnRussell @5    6 years ago
Why the conservatives here think this is bad for Comey is anybody's guess.

It's wishful-thinking to the nth. 

lib50
Professor Silent
7  lib50    6 years ago

The conspiracy propaganda machine is up and running full speed ahead I see.  I have noticed Fox and republicans doubling down on trying to find a way to fire someone and stop the investigations and deflect to anywhere else.  The BEST part?  There is not one fricken thing they can do about the state investigations, which WILL go on, and very soon they will not be able to stop the justice department and a new congress from ramping them back up.  So I'll just sit back and watch the desperation, Fox is all in and Laura Ingraham is very excited!  You can't stop this forever, so even a small win here and there will not end it.  It WILL be done!  Enjoy your little deep state swamp clusterfuck while you can.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  lib50 @7    6 years ago
The conspiracy propaganda machine is up and running full speed ahead I see.

Really?  So the IG appointed by Obama should'nt have recommended criminal charges against McCabe and others for lying?  I thought that was all based on evidence of lying 4 times, (3 times under oath). Never happened you say?

I have noticed Fox and republicans doubling down on trying to find a way to fire someone and stop the investigations and deflect to anywhere else.  

Fire who exactly? 
I know liberals have been falsely saying that Trump is going to fire Mueller for many months now. That must fit the fantasy they are having. You know the one where they keep dreaming that Trump is about to get charged with something any minute and impeachment will begin. Nobody is playing the game. Mueller will not be fired. He will eventually have to look all the liberals in the eye and say "Trump is clean".

Junior Participates
7.1.1  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1    6 years ago
I thought that was all based on evidence of lying 4 times, (3 times under oath)

Oh, you mean like L'il Jeffy Sessions, then.  Somehow he's still the AG despite being a perjurer.  But that's the republiscum way, right?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @7.1.1    6 years ago
hat's

Not even close

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.3  Tessylo  replied to  lib50 @7    6 years ago

So funny - Tucker Carlson was laughing at Hannity, Laura Ingraham was laughing at Hannity - he's in the hot seat now!   Love it!

Now I know where surfs-up gets  his talking points - that shithead Hannity said something about the cabal - not an original thought or idea in any of the rump's supporters heads are there?   

Randy
Sophomore Participates
8  Randy    6 years ago

I've read through the memos and they really are nothing more then what Comey testified to in front of Congress, has written in his book and has talked about in several interview while promoting his book. There is little or no new information for what he said on 60 minutes. The memos were released just before he did an hour long interview on Maddow and Rachel had them in front of her the whole interview and they went through them. The most informative part of the interview was how little there was the was new. How much they both had to dig for that he hadn't already said. And that was all minor stuff. Also, after the interview you came away with the same simple fact, the memos show that Director Comey did nothing wrong in his interactions with Trump. The memos are very basic and would be worthless against any trial against Comey (though perhaps not against Trump),  because they show no criminal activity whatsoever on Comey's part. If the GOP snoops who fought so hard to get these copies of these memos thought there some deep dark secret in them that they could use against Director Comey, then they just plian struck out. There is no there, there.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
8.1  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Randy @8    6 years ago
If the GOP snoops who fought so hard to get these copies of these memos thought there some deep dark secret in them that they could use against Director Comey, then they just plian struck out. There is no there, there.

It's what I came away with as well, if any of the "Righties" on here were looking for some juicy tidbit to hang a story on here they will be greatly disappointed.

luther28
Sophomore Silent
9  luther28    6 years ago

All the mental masturbation to the side, I am content to wait for Mr. Mueller's conclusion to the investigation.

But I must say the sideline speculation is beginning to become more amusing than the actual goings ons, now I know how the wash feels when its going through the spin cycle.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
9.1  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  luther28 @9    6 years ago

Something like this?

Randy
Sophomore Participates
9.1.1  Randy  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @9.1    6 years ago

And they can spin it in any direction they want and for as long as they want and still can't come up with on single real thing that Comey did that was a crime. He'll never be charged with a crime because the only ones he has committed are the ones that have been completely made up in the fevered mind of the right wing conspiracy theorist who I put on the same intellectual level as the some conspiracy theorist who believe that the is earth is flat, the Philadelphia Project actually happened and that we didn't actually land men on the moon.

Oh they'll honestly believe the "charges" that they think they have and will be "positive" that they are right and no one will ever talk them out of it. It's a rather pathetic obsessive behavior. There will be many who will join together to share the same BS and make each other feel more positive about their "conclusions". Years from now they's all have books. It'll be a cottage industry as they meet and sell their books like people do with their different ideas of who really shot JFK or what is really happening at Area 51.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
9.1.3  Randy  replied to    6 years ago

The very sad thing is that you believe yours....

Randy
Sophomore Participates
12  Randy    6 years ago

What I want to know was it James Clapper who tricked Trump into getting involved with Karen McDougal 2006, knowing that Trump would run be elected President 10 years later and that the "Deep State" could use it to get Trump?

And what about Stormy Daniels? It had to be a setup Comey himself sent out by the "Deep State: to get Trump on this one!

So far according the right wing conspiracy theorists there have to be some 60 or 70 of the top officials of the State Department and the Justice Department including the FBI, who are are sworn members of the "Deep State" who have been planning to destroying the Trump presidency since at least 2006 and really kicked in in 2013! I think this calls for Devin Nunes to call the House Intelligence Committee to look into this!

Randy
Sophomore Participates
12.1  Randy  replied to  Randy @12    6 years ago

I have to go do something now, but let me leave you with this truth:

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS THE "DEEP STATE" AND NEVER WAS! NADA! ZIP! DOESN'T EXIST! IT'S FUCKING FICTION! NO SUCH THING! GROW UP! IT'S PART A CHEAP SPY NOVEL! IT'S BULLSHIT

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
12.1.1  Dean Moriarty  replied to  Randy @12.1    6 years ago

"Only 37 percent of Americans said they were at least “somewhat familiar” with the term “deep state.” However, given the description, 27 percent said the deep state definitely exists and 47 percent said it probably exists."  

Once people gain knowledge of what the deep state is then they cannot deny it exists. Because mainstream media is part of the deep state they try to cover it up. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
12.1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Randy @12.1    6 years ago

Deleted CoC {SP}

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Dean Moriarty @12.1.1    6 years ago

Only people who would believe such are deranged and believe in conspiracy theories.  So you believe in the deep state obviously.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @12.1.2    6 years ago
Removed for context

Yes please do.  

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
12.1.5  Greg Jones  replied to  Tessylo @12.1.3    6 years ago

So you continue to ignore the evidence, even when it is being presented by the leftist media.

luther28
Sophomore Silent
12.1.6  luther28  replied to  Randy @12.1    6 years ago

Actually Randy there is a Deep State, the Deep State of Sleep that the voters have been in for the past forty some years. Perhaps they'll awaken before I'm on the other side.

Explorerdog
Freshman Silent
12.1.9  Explorerdog  replied to  Dean Moriarty @12.1.1    6 years ago

How many believe in Sasquatch, Loch Ness monster, ghosts, witches, miracles, faith healers etc..

Junior Participates
12.1.10  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  NORMAN-D @12.1.7    6 years ago

This is exactly the kind of crap that a would-be dictator would use to effect a coup--a raft of bogus claims of being the victim of an internal attempt to overthrow him.  Dump is clearly the biggest threat to this country we've ever seen including the most powerful foreign enemies we've ever had. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
12.1.11  It Is ME  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @12.1.10    6 years ago
This is exactly the kind of crap that a would-be dictator would use to effect a coup-

In case you missed it...the "Coup"...as you call it....already friggin happened.

Donald J. Trump is .........get that.......... "IS" ......... "PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF "AMERICA".

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
12.1.12  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Dean Moriarty @12.1.1    6 years ago
Once people gain knowledge of what the deep state is then they cannot deny it exists. Because mainstream media is part of the deep state they try to cover it up.

Once you realize that a coordinated "deep State" is less probable than all the accounts of alien abductions being true, you understand there is no media cover up because the media couldn't care less about allegiances to anyone, they chase ratings. If it bleeds, it leads, and conservative Republicans have been offering up so much ignorant red meat the MSM can't report it fast enough. Our heads are spun daily by the news which comes from the AP and Reuters then gets sensationalized and spun from both sides of the political spectrum and what you end up with in the middle is shotgun scat art in the faces of the faithful.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
12.2  Skrekk  replied to  Randy @12    6 years ago
So far according the right wing conspiracy theorists there have to be some 60 or 70 of the top officials of the State Department and the Justice Department including the FBI, who are are sworn members of the "Deep State" who have been planning to destroying the Trump presidency since at least 2006 and really kicked in in 2013!

Don't forget that we're dealing with some of the dumbest and most gullible people on the plant: Trump voters.

bugsy
Professor Participates
12.2.1  bugsy  replied to  Skrekk @12.2    6 years ago

Only fair. We had to deal with Obama voters for 8 years.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
12.2.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  bugsy @12.2.1    6 years ago
Only fair. We had to deal with Obama voters for 8 years.

So tough, putting up with the administration that was handed an economy in the toilet, took it out, washed it off and made huge gains and got the US back on sound fiscal footing. Sure, some of the rust belt and rural areas might have felt left in the toilet which is why they have so much rage, but for them a toilet should be seen as an upgrade, at least it's not the outhouse they grew up with.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Randy @12    6 years ago

Clapper is a liar too

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
13  Sean Treacy    6 years ago

The Gowdy Statement sums them up as well anything:

We have long argued former Director Comey’s self-styled memos should be in the public domain, subject to any classification redactions. These memos are significant for both what is in them and what is not.

Former Director Comey’s memos show the President made clear he wanted allegations of collusion, coordination, and conspiracy between his campaign and Russia fully investigated. The memos also made clear the ‘cloud’ President Trump wanted lifted was not the Russian interference in the 2016 election cloud, rather it was the salacious, unsubstantiated allegations related to personal conduct leveled in the dossier.

The memos also show former Director Comey never wrote that he felt obstructed or threatened. While former Director Comey went to great lengths to set dining room scenes, discuss height requirements, describe the multiple times he felt complimented, and myriad other extraneous facts, he never once mentioned the most relevant fact of all, which was whether he felt obstructed in his investigation.

The memos also make certain what has become increasingly clear of late: former Director Comey has at least two different standards in his interactions with others. He chose not to memorialize conversations with President Obama, Attorney General Lynch, Secretary Clinton, Andrew McCabe or others, but he immediately began to memorialize conversations with President Trump. It is significant former Director Comey made no effort to memorialize conversations with former Attorney General Lynch despite concerns apparently significant enough to warrant his unprecedented appropriation of the charging decision away from her and the Department of Justice in July of 2016.

These memos also lay bare the notion that former Director Comey is not motivated by animus. He was willing to work for someone he deemed morally unsuited for office, capable of lying, requiring of personal loyalty, worthy of impeachment, and sharing the traits of a mob boss. Former Director Comey was willing to overlook all of the aforementioned characteristics in order to keep his job. In his eyes, the real crime was his own firing.

The memos show Comey was blind to biases within the FBI and had terrible judgment with respect to his deputy Andrew McCabe. On multiple occasions he, in his own words, defended the character of McCabe after President Trump questioned McCabe.

Finally, former Director Comey leaked at least one of these memos for the stated purpose of spurring the appointment of a Special Counsel, yet he took no steps to spur the appointment of a Special Counsel when he had significant concerns about the objectivity of the Department of Justice under Attorney General Loretta Lynch.

As we have consistently said, rather than making a criminal case for obstruction or interference with an ongoing investigation, these memos would be Defense Exhibit A should such a charge be made.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
13.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @13    6 years ago

Wow. That is some really weak tea. 

Has criticism of Comey fallen apart to the point where the best his enemies can muster is that "he never felt obstructed" ? 

These idiots can't see the forest for the trees. 

The memos show that Comey has told a consistent story all along. In other words, he is an honest man. 

Do you righties really feel Trump can win a contest of credibility, not only with Comey, but with ANYONE ? 

Junior Participates
13.2.2  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  JohnRussell @13.2    6 years ago
Has criticism of Comey fallen apart

It never really was anything that made any sense to begin with.

Junior Participates
13.3  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Sean Treacy @13    6 years ago
We have long argued former Director Comey’s self-styled memos should be in the public domain, subject to any classification redactions. These memos are significant for both what is in them and what is not.

It's hilarious that these mental and moral specks are trying to claim credit for doing something that Comey himself did nearly a year ago. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
13.3.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @13.3    6 years ago
s hilarious that these mental and moral specks are trying to claim credit for doing something that Comey himself did nearly a year ago.

It's hilarious how little you understand what goes on around you. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
14  Greg Jones    6 years ago

Comment removed for CoC violation , gross generalizations, taunting [ph]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
16  JohnRussell    6 years ago

The right is more deluded than ever today. They think these memos help trump. 

In what universe? 

The memos totally corroborate Comey's credibility. 

The fact is Rosenstein outwitted the dimwit Nunes by releasing the memos to the public at the same time he turned them over to the Republican congressmen.  This precluded Nunes cherry picking or distorting the content before disseminating it to the public. 

Another disaster for the pro Trump crowd. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
16.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @16    6 years ago

he memos totally corroborate Comey's credibility. .Another disaster for the pro Trump crowd...

Which part? How about spot on Comey was about how honest and trustworthy McCabe is? Or that Comey confirmed that Trump never tried to obstruct Comey's work? Which part is the "disaster" that hurts Trump? 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
18  JohnRussell    6 years ago

You are out of gas Sean.