╌>

Military Style AR-V8 Assault Van mows down 10 in Toronto

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  badfish-h-s-fsh  •  6 years ago  •  75 comments

Military Style AR-V8 Assault Van mows down 10 in Toronto

Mass Van mow down!

We have to take action now. How do we stop these AR-V8 Assault vans from mowing down innocent?

Van plows into pedestrians in Toronto, injuring several, cops say

1524508217121.jpg

Toronto cops nabbed the suspected driver who plowed into a group of people on a crowded city street, leaving several injured and the grim sight of what appeared to be bodies covered by sheets.

Police confirmed the arrest of the suspect to Fox News.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/04/23/several-people-injured-when-van-plows-into-pedestrians-in-toronto-cops-say.html

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
4  arkpdx    6 years ago

When AR-V8 military assault vans are outlawed only outlaws will have them. 

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
5  Freefaller    6 years ago

Certainly glad we've all chosen to be mature and not politicize this tragedy or use it to support our personal rhetoric.  After all it's only 25 dead and wounded.

My condolences to the victims, family and friends.  Apparently they've caught the POS alive so there's more to follow.

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
6  lennylynx    6 years ago

Meh, it was just Canadians! Happy   

epistte
Junior Guide
6.1  epistte  replied to  lennylynx @6    6 years ago

I'd rather be a Canuck than an American in 2018.  I've considered that possibility more than once.

This thread is obscenely insulting and shows no respect for the loss of life that occurred.

Does Badfish believe that we should we have banned conservatives from owning Dodge Challengers after Charlottesville?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  epistte @6.1    6 years ago

Thank you epistte.  Although we have greatly differed many times in our opinions, but not always, you've caused me to gain considerable respect for you.

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
6.1.2  Rmando  replied to  epistte @6.1    6 years ago

This thread illustrates the ridiculous attitude the left has to every mass killing by blaming the instrument used. It's not insulting the victims in any way. But now you know how others feel when exploiters on the left hijack every incident for  their own gain.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
6.1.4  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Release The Kraken @6.1.3    6 years ago

Not giving mine up for ANYTHING.  

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
6.1.5  lennylynx  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @6.1.4    6 years ago

I'd rather push a Chev than drive a Dodge. Happy

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
6.1.7  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  lennylynx @6.1.5    6 years ago

Chevy really isn't bad.  Chevelle, Corvette, Camaro... all must be pre-1985.  I don't like all the bullshit added to cars.  They aren't the same thing now as they were back then.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
6.1.9  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  lennylynx @6.1.5    6 years ago

It depends on the Dodge in my mind, the slant six was an excellent engine according to my uncle who was master mechanic for Delta back in the days when NONE of their planes crashed because of mechanical failure. He wouldn't own any car that didn't have a slant six in it after they came out with it. However, Chevy's are the best in every other area, IMO.

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
6.1.10  lennylynx  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @6.1.9    6 years ago

I liked my buddy's 'Cuda, but never admitted it!  Drove a Trans Am back in the day

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
6.1.11  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  lennylynx @6.1.10    6 years ago
Drove a Trans Am back in the day

back when they first came out of the closet?

:)

charger 383
Professor Silent
6.1.12  charger 383  replied to  Release The Kraken @6.1.3    6 years ago

only if they bring back Cudas

charger 383
Professor Silent
6.1.14  charger 383  replied to  Release The Kraken @6.1.3    6 years ago

Dodges had pistol grip shifters

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  lennylynx @6    6 years ago

Really, Lenny?  You have really excelled this time in establishing the kind of person you are.  The fact that you and others commenting on this article have made it a topic for jokes is no joke to me.  I lived within a couple of blocks of that incident for 2 years, and my office was on the "killing" route of that van for 3 years - I walked hundreds of times on the very sidewalk where those citizens were struck. Somehow, I don't think it's funny.

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
6.2.1  lennylynx  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @6.2    6 years ago

Sorry Buzz, but I can't resist a little irreverent humor from time to time!  I bow to you

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
7  Thrawn 31    6 years ago

My sympathies to the victims, fuck the guy responsible. 

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
8  Galen Marvin Ross    6 years ago

I don't care what kind of vehicle was used or, whether the man was a Muslim or, some idiot that got mad that day at the world, it is a tragedy that it happened and, it shouldn't be made into something political.

That being said, I can see that my comment is too late because, people have made it something political already.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
9  It Is ME    6 years ago

How do we stop these AR-V8 Assault vans from mowing down innocent?

Require a 3 day wait period, a CDL Lisc. and special Workers Comp. Insurance to drive one.

charger 383
Professor Silent
9.2  charger 383  replied to  It Is ME @9    6 years ago

And no fully automatic transmissions

charger 383
Professor Silent
9.2.2  charger 383  replied to  NORMAN-D @9.2.1    6 years ago

and no step bumpers

T.Fargo
Freshman Silent
10  T.Fargo    6 years ago

In a fit of nuttiness, NRA supporters are shooting thier really, really expensive coolers and cups because a discount program for them has been yanked.  So they think it's because YETI doesn't like them.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/04/24/nra-supporters-are-blowing-up-yeti-coolers-yeti-says-its-all-a-big-mistake/?utm_term=.58a4339acb29

Now, if you decide to blow up your YETI with tannerite, pick the pieces up or that's littering.  Keep America Beautiful!

JBB
Professor Principal
10.1  JBB  replied to  T.Fargo @10    6 years ago

Until an unhinged nutter hauls forty thousand Ford Econo Vans to the top of Caesar's Palace then drops them onto unsuspecting revelers below wounding and killing hundreds I'm not gonna take faldegras like this article seriously...

T.Fargo
Freshman Silent
10.1.1  T.Fargo  replied to  JBB @10.1    6 years ago

I remember Oklahoma and how last week's news cycle forgot it, April 19th, 1995.  Wish that was taken seriously.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
10.1.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  T.Fargo @10.1.1    6 years ago

I'm one of the minority commenting on this article who DOES take it seriously, because, as I've said above, I've walked hundreds of times on the very sidewalk that was the killing zone, and I'm waiting to see the names of the victims, because it's possible I might know someone who was hit.

luther28
Sophomore Silent
11  luther28    6 years ago

Well just goes to show, when a gun is unavailable we'll revert to cruder methodology. Another tragedy in a world gone mad.

Humans.