╌>

Revealed - John Bolton Chaired anti-Muslim Think Tank That Spread Fake News With Help of Russian Trolls

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  6 years ago  •  7 comments

Revealed - John Bolton Chaired anti-Muslim Think Tank That Spread Fake News With Help of Russian Trolls

Revealed -  John Bolton Chaired anti-Muslim Think Tank That Spread Fake News With Help of Russian Trolls

Trump's national security adviser was chairman of the Gatestone Institute - a group that warned of a looming 'jihadist takeover' of Europe leading to a 'Great White Death'

http://www.businessinsider.com/john-bolton-chaired-anti-muslim-group-promoted-by-russian-trolls-2018-4

John Bolton, U.S. President Donald Trump’s new national security adviser, was the head of a nonprofit organization that “promotes misleading and false anti-Muslim news, some of which was amplified by a Russian troll factory,” NBC News Reported on Sunday

The Gatestone Institute , a New York-based advocacy group, employs authors who appeared on Russian state-run media, including Sputnik and RT News, criticizing mainstream European leaders like French President Emmanuel Macron.

Bolton was chairman of the group from 2013 until last month, and during that time the group warned of a looming “jihadist takeover” of Europe leading to a “Great White Death.”

Bolton has long associated with figures that the mainstream Jewish community views as anti-Muslim. He wrote the foreword to “The Post-American Presidency: The Obama Administration’s War on America,” by Pamela Geller and Robert Spencer. The Anti-Defamation League lists Geller as an “anti-Muslim activist” who “not only contradicts the Jewish-American values which she claims to defend but also violates basic human decency.”

Gatestone has been a significant promoter of the controversial idea of “no-go zones” in the heart of major cities, where Muslims allegedly rule by Sharia law - a claim which that pops up on Fox News and once caused former British Prime Minister David Cameron to "Choke on his porridge".

Bolton, who also served as UN ambassador under President George W. Bush and was tapped in late March to become Donald Trump's national security adviser, has a long history of tough rhetoric against Iran and the Palestinians.

A vocal critic of the Obama administration, Bolton is strongly opposed to the Iran nuclear deal and is a known opponent of a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Like Trump, he supported the invasion of Iraq in 2003. He has also sounded a tough line on negotiations with North Korea. 

"The Middle East peace process has long needed clarity and an injection of reality, and Trump has provided it by making the decision to move the US embassy in Israel to Jerusalem," Bolton tweeted after Trump announced the landmark decision to recognize Jerusalem.

The statement was only one of many on Israel and other international issues that indicate the policies he may advance in his new role as Trump's key adviser.

"Just as a matter of empirical reality, the two-state solution is dead,” Bolton told Breitbart during the Obama administration's attempt to revive peace talks between Israel and the Palestinians. Bolton even called for a "three-state solution" in which Gaza would be handed over to Egypt and the West Bank returned to Jordan.

“As long as Washington’s diplomatic objective is the ‘two-state solution’ — Israel and ‘Palestine’ — the fundamental contradiction between this aspiration and the reality on the ground will ensure it never comes into being," he wrote, claiming that “the only logic underlying the demand for a Palestinian state is the political imperative of Israel’s opponents to weaken and encircle the Jewish state.”

He is also critical of claims Russia intervened in the U.S. presidential election in Trump's favor, even suggesting it was a "false flag operation."

But he has also been critical of Russia, writing that "Washington and its allies do not need more Russian adventurism in Middle East, especially given the Moscow-Tehran-Damascus-Hezbollah axis."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    6 years ago

The Story is The Buzz of the Internet...

JBB
Professor Principal
2  seeder  JBB    6 years ago

I cannot even imagine a worse pick for Secretary of State than John Bolton. This story should kebosh Bolton...

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.1  Greg Jones  replied to  JBB @2    6 years ago

It's a good pick, because Bolton won't put up the leftist BS and is calling out the Muslims for what they really are.

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  Greg Jones @2.1    6 years ago

Well, Bolton's and Gatestone's army of Russian trolls are now tied directly into Russiagate. Quid Pro Quo?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  JohnRussell    6 years ago

I didnt see this when I posted mine. I'll take the other one down. 

Yeah, there is someone on Newstalkers who has seeded a couple dozen articles from this site.  It's nice to see the mainstream media acknowledge that Gatestone is problematical.  Now they have Russian trolls involved. 

JBB
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  JBB  replied to  JohnRussell @3    6 years ago
I didnt see this when I posted mine. I'll take the other one down.

This story has been on several platforms today. Gatestone connects Bolton directly with Russiagate...

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  JBB @3.1    6 years ago

Bolton has been with Gatestone for years. It is the Russian troll element that put it in the news today.