╌>

Last Man Standing Is Back, and Trump's America Couldn't Be Happier

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  heartland-american  •  6 years ago  •  172 comments

Last Man Standing Is Back, and Trump's America Couldn't Be Happier

When ABC cancelled "Last Man Standing" after its sixth season last year, the show was at the top of its game, with millions of loyal viewers and perched behind only "Modern Family" at the number two ranking among the network’s comedy shows.

To say fans were disappointed is an understatement. Although ABC Entertainment president Channing Dungey tried to blame the network’s decision on the show’s high price tag rather than star Tim Allen’s political affiliation or, worse, his support of President Trump, not many were buying it, particularly Allen.

"I always wanted "Last Man Standing" to be like ['All in the Family's'] Archie Bunker," said Allen last September, according to THR. "Archie Bunker;pushed boundaries, but Carroll O'Connor was not that guy at all. I am a version of that guy. But there is nothing more dangerous, especially in this climate, than a funny, likable conservative character. He is mitigated on the show by a family of women who had a difference of opinions, but [Mike Baxter] was a likable guy and a principled guy about work and ethics and all this stuff."

There’s the rub, of course. Progressives, being the type of folks who want to dominate every aspect of our lives, are certainly used to controlling what the public is ‘allowed’ to watch, and they do it with gusto, filling countless broadcast hours with what essentially amounts to poorly produced leftist propaganda.

To them, it doesn’t matter that Baxter’s wife on the show, along with at least two of his daughters, lean liberal and represent many liberal viewpoints with class. The fact that a title character on the show, and a likeable one at that, is a conservative and represents many of OUR viewpoints with class was simply a bridge too far, and "Last Man Standing"had to go.

I don’t have any inside proof for that, of course, but knowing what I know about how liberals, particularly those with acute cases of Trump-Derangement Syndrome, think, I don’t think it’s a bridge too far.

Except, conservatives have money too, and green is hard to ignore.

Enter "Roseanne," another show geared toward working class America that helped fill the void left by "Last Man Standing" in a yuge way by dominating its time slot and skyrocketing to the top of the Nielsen ratings. Its portrayal of a working-class grandmother who openly supported President Trump because “he talked about jobs” was refreshing to Trump-supporting, working-class America.

Considering that Roseanne is the only conservative character on the show and many of the other storylines and characters are more reminiscent of a show like "Modern Family" than "Leave it to Beaver," it actually says a lot about what beaten-down conservatives in America are willing to tolerate for their entertainment these days. Sadly, sometimes it’s enough just to have someone on television openly declaring their support for President Trump and not be portrayed as a monster.

So when conservatives took the bone they tossed us with "Roseanne" and devoured it like a starving wolf, it couldn’t have hurt the prospects of bringing back "Last Man Standing", and now the series has officially been revived for a seventh season by Fox.

Allen will be back, as well as stars Nancy Travis, Jonathan Adams, Christoph Sanders, Amanda Fuller, and Jordan Masterson. And the Trump-supporting star couldn’t be happier.

"Excited? Team LMS was in the sixth inning, ahead by four runs, stands were packed and then for no reason, they call off the game. It leaves you sitting in the dugout, holding a bat and puzzled. Now we get the news from Fox that it’s time to get back out on that diamond — hell yes, I’m excited!" Allen said in a Friday statement. "When I heard the offer to create more episodes of 'Last Man Standing,' I did a fist pump so hard I threw my back out. It’s the fans! I could not be more grateful for the fans who wrote petitions and kept up the passion and incredible support for the show. And a fist pump, ouch, for Dana Walden and Gary Newman at Fox for not only listening to the fans, but for making the bold move to bring Last Man Standing back. I’m sure audiences will be curious to see what we look like after all these years. Oh, has it only been one year? Well, just goes to show you — a lot can happen in a year.”

My kids couldn’t be happier either. They loved the show, and my wife and I loved watching it with them. Politics aside, there are few shows these days that are classy, clean, well produced, well acted, and hilarious to boot.

Here’s to watching Tim Allen and "Last Man Standing" hit home runs for many years  to come!   https://townhall.com/columnists/scottmorefield/2018/05/12/last-man-standing-is-back-and-trumps-america-couldnt-be-happier-n2479976

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1  seeder  XXJefferson51    6 years ago

“Although ABC Entertainment president Channing Dungey tried to blame the network’s decision on the show’s high price tag rather than star Tim Allen’s political affiliation or, worse, his support of President Trump, not many were buying it, particularly Allen.

"I always wanted "Last Man Standing" to be like ['All in the Family's'] Archie Bunker," said Allen last September, according to THR. "Archie Bunker;pushed boundaries, but Carroll O'Connor was not that guy at all. I am a version of that guy. But there is nothing more dangerous, especially in this climate, than a funny, likable conservative character. He is mitigated on the show by a family of women who had a difference of opinions, but [Mike Baxter] was a likable guy and a principled guy about work and ethics and all this stuff."

There’s the rub, of course. Progressives, being the type of folks who want to dominate every aspect of our lives, are certainly used to controlling what the public is ‘allowed’ to watch, and they do it with gusto, filling countless broadcast hours with what essentially amounts to poorly produced leftist propaganda.

To them, it doesn’t matter that Baxter’s wife on the show, along with at least two of his daughters, lean liberal and represent many liberal viewpoints with class. The fact that a title character on the show, and a likeable one at that, is a conservative and represents many of OUR viewpoints with class was simply a bridge too far, and "Last Man Standing"had to go.

I don’t have any inside proof for that, of course, but knowing what I know about how liberals, particularly those with acute cases of Trump-Derangement Syndrome, think, I don’t think it’s a bridge too far.

Except, conservatives have money too, and green is hard to ignore.

Enter "Roseanne," another show geared toward working class America that helped fill the void left by "Last Man Standing" in a yuge way by dominating its time slot and skyrocketing to the top of the Nielsen ratings. Its portrayal of a working-class grandmother who openly supported President Trump because “he talked about jobs” was refreshing to Trump-supporting, working-class America.”

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1  It Is ME  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1    6 years ago

Now comes the day of the "Conservative".....to the "Lefts" chagrin. Clapping

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.1.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  It Is ME @1.1    6 years ago
Now comes the day of the "Conservative"...

...where gays are shoved back in the closet, immigrants are rounded up by the truck load and deported and women are seen but not heard. Oh happy days! /s

What do you get when you play country music backwards? You get your wife back, your dog back, your truck back...

But seriously, nothing good comes from going backwards. We shouldn't call people who want to reverse history "conservatives" anymore, we should call them regressive's. It's far more fitting for these proud bigots wanting to go back to a time when they were in charge and no one ever had a problem with them abusing women, abusing gays and abusing minorities. Back when there was no such thing as "PC" which really means they want to just come right out and openly disparage anyone who doesn't look like them or worship like them. Back to a time when "fa%^ot, ni^%$r, sp!k and wh@p" were regularly used to describe people they had deep seated and open prejudice against and who those the bigots would never allow around their white daughters. Back when wanting to ban interracial marriage was as common as the desire to ban gay marriage.

Thankfully, they will never win. These bigots might win a battle or two, might even gain some ground at times while masking their prejudice in faux outrage, but they will always ultimately lose the war. Progress will continue and the regressive's will slowly die off and eventually become extinct. They no longer have the ability to directly pass on all their racist hate to the next generation, there is too much access to facts and reality for them to warp the minds of their children too much. Some will no doubt follow in their pointless regressive parents footsteps, but most will join the rest of humanity in the future instead of whining and moaning for a Christian conservative white privileged past.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
1.1.2  livefreeordie  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.1.1    6 years ago

Typical Marxist nonsense.   The biggest hate group in the US is the left.  Their biggest hate of all is that of individualism.  Statism am and individualism are incompatible and the history of statism is that it will use any means necessary to kill individualism

Obama, Hillary, the Democratic Party, and the rest of the left including Bernie Sanders do not believe in the same America reflected in the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence. Their America is not about the natural liberty, sovereignty, and natural rights of the individual. Instead this ideology is that of statism and collectivism, where your rights are determined by the state. Where the pursuit of happiness comes from the benevolence of the state, who takes from one class of citizens and redistributes to another class of citizens for the "collective good".

A statist government treats its political sovereignty as a platform for moral sovereignty. In other words, as ultimate sovereign, the state is therefore not subject to God, the Bible, natural law, or any other religion or ethical system. A statist government need not be accountable to its own citizens.

The philosopher Georg Hegel described the state as "God walking on earth". In other words, as the state is the ultimate power in life, it assumes the status of God and can do as it pleases. This line of thinking influenced the political thought of Karl Marx. From the perspective of society at large, this attitude was summed up by William Marina as:

The significant question is: Why do a large number of people come to believe that only through increased state intervention can justice be achieved? To a great extent this belief is due to the overwhelming acceptance of the state as the source of value and law. Society not only looks for solutions within the paradigm defined by the state, but also find it difficult to consider the view that statism is the heart of the problem.

Marx was convinced that communism could use statism to eliminate all tradional religious and philosophical values in a society.  A position reflected by you and other leftists

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.3  JBB  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.1.1    6 years ago

Take if from one who survived The Bad Olde Daze of Jim Crow, Gays in the Closet and Women in the Kitchen...

Let me tell ya something. It wasn't all it is cut out to be by the alt-righties. It damn sure wasn't Pleasantville.

I do remember the dog fights, the cock fights and the people fighting. It was hot and nobody was ever happy.

Well, except on the early TV shows like Father Knows Best and Leave It To Beaver butt even Lassie had issues.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.1.4  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  JBB @1.1.3    6 years ago
except on the early TV shows like Father Knows Best and Leave It To Beaver

That's all these revisionist regressive's remember, the days where every hero on the screen was white, every black or minority was a crook, drug dealer or pimp, and women acted as if they just longed for peaceful afternoons washing clothes, dishes and their husbands feet. 

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.5  JBB  replied to  livefreeordie @1.1.2    6 years ago

The universal screed heard from nutters on corners wearing sandwichboards proclaiming, "The End Is Nigh".

I removed the word all from before nutters in order that line not be considered a sweeping generalization...

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.1.6  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  livefreeordie @1.1.2    6 years ago

Skirting the CoC "BF"

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
1.1.7  livefreeordie  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.1.4    6 years ago

Again, your stereotype reveal how little you know about Americans

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
1.1.8  livefreeordie  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.1.6    6 years ago

Skirting the CoC "BF"

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.9  It Is ME  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.1.1    6 years ago
where gays are shoved back in the closet, immigrants are rounded up by the truck load and deported and women are seen but not heard. Oh happy days! /s

And Grannies in wheelchairs are going to be pushed over the cliff, people will be eating cat food, water will turn brown, the air will be thick as pea soup with pollution....etc.....yada,yada,yada.yak yak  Face Palm

Old Hermit
Sophomore Silent
1.1.10  Old Hermit  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.9    6 years ago

And Grannies in wheelchairs are going to be pushed over the cliff, people will be eating cat food, water will turn brown, the air will be thick as pea soup with pollution....etc.....yada,yada,yada.

Republican budgets take time to corrode our social safety nets and it will take time before a compent President can lead a working Congress toward fixing the mess of the recently passed tax cut bill.

It took both the Bush senior & Clinton tax increases to help repair the damage done in the Regan years.  Obama had made a good start to cleaning up Bush Jr's mess but then the Speaker Ryan/Trump trillion dollar budget busting tax cut focked that up.

Now, as long as the R's are in charge, we can look forward to cuts in aid for the very young, the very old and the very sick in our country to pay for the budget shortfalls.

Like in Kansas were they tried to hide Gov. Sam Brownback’s stupidity behind savage cuts to the public school system, among other programs for the poor & middle class per their usual yada, yada, yada.

Or in Louisiana where 37 thousand of their most vulnerable people might soon end up on the streets, thanks to a Republican budget and their usual yada, yada, yada style governance.

Louisiana will put 37,000 Medicaid recipients on notice that they could lose benefits

The Louisiana Department of Health is preparing to send notifications to 37,000 people who are elderly and disabled this week that they will lose Medicaid benefits after July 1. Even if state lawmakers find the money to pay for those services before then, state officials said they were compelled to warn Medicaid recipients that the cuts are a distinct possibility.

"We can't just afford to bury our heads in the sand," said Jay Dardenne, Gov. John Bel Edwards' chief budget officer and the state's commissioner of administration. "We tried to delay this as long as we possibly can."

Those receiving notification include around 20,000 people who live in nursing homes, thousands of people with intellectual disabilities who live in group homes and those who receive home health care assistance. All of their support services would be at risk, including the ability to stay in a nursing home, if state Medicaid funding is slashed.

The Louisiana House approved a state operating budget last month that would eliminate four Medicaid programs for the disabled and elderly. Notices are scheduled to go out to those affected Thursday (May 9), though their delivery has been pushed back previously. Dardenne said the 37,000 people will also be contacted to see if they qualify for some other kind of Medicaid service that isn't proposed for elimination.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.11  It Is ME  replied to  Old Hermit @1.1.10    6 years ago

Only a "Liberal" wants to work for government !

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.1.12  Jasper2529  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.1.1    6 years ago
immigrants are rounded up by the truck load

Please provide evidence proving that law-abiding LEGAL immigrants "are rounded up by the truck load". Oh, wait ... did you mean criminal ILLEGAL immigrants?  There's a difference.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
1.1.13  arkpdx  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.1.1    6 years ago
immigrants are rounded up by the truck load and deported

Only the illegal ones and those that have committed serious crimes. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.14  It Is ME  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.1.12    6 years ago
Please provide evidence proving that law-abiding LEGAL immigrants "are rounded up by the truck load".

That ACTUALLY happened one time, under a BIG (D) President. laughing dude

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
1.1.15  Rmando  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.1.1    6 years ago

Yeah, that openly gay ambassador to Germany who was held up by Dems like Corey Booker was really "shoved back into the closet", wasn't he?

And the only people I ever hear using racial and homophobic slurs are liberals on entertainment. Between Bill Maher and Joy Reid they can't seem to get enough of them.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.1.16  Jasper2529  replied to  Rmando @1.1.15    6 years ago
And the only people I ever hear using racial and homophobic slurs are liberals on entertainment.

Don't forget all of the left-wing politicians who've done the same. Topping the list are Woodrow Wilson, Bill Clinton, Obama, Biden, Hillary, Maxine Waters, Pelosi, Robert Byrd (Hillary's "mentor"). Although not a politician, per se, it's legitimate to include Michelle Obama.   

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.17  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  livefreeordie @1.1.2    6 years ago

Awesome 😎 👏!  So very right on Clapping and well said.  thumbs up

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.19  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to    6 years ago

Notice how the liberals here change the subject away from the seeded topic about the return of a TV show with some conservative values expressed to just about anything else but that?  I as seeder noted that to no avail.  

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1.20  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.14    6 years ago

That ACTUALLY happened one time, under a BIG (D) President

If you mean Obama, he had 2.4 million deported between 2009-2014.  That must have been one hell of a big truck.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.22  JBB  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1.19    6 years ago

What I cannot believe is that out of all the real and important issues and problems facing our world today the prospect of a stupid television game show with bad rating finally and rightfully getting cancelled after six long seasons  is the best reason so many of The News Talker's conservatives members could find to get themselves exorcised, angry and agitated about...

"Flint Still Does Not Have Clean Water!"

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
1.1.23  livefreeordie  replied to  JBB @1.1.22    6 years ago

Then the Democrats running Flint should do something about it

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
1.1.24  Cerenkov  replied to  livefreeordie @1.1.23    6 years ago

Strange, isn't it?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.25  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Cerenkov @1.1.24    6 years ago

It is strange.  But there’s a GOP state government the locals and the then federal government regime could blame for their own mistakes.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.26  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to    6 years ago

They want us to forget about the Japanese internment camps the democrats set up.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.27  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  JBB @1.1.22    6 years ago

We do love it that we are getting one of our favorite TV shows back!  That is great news and that you don’t like us celebrating that makes the celebration 🎉  🎊 🍾 all the sweeter.  

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
3  livefreeordie    6 years ago

Exciting to see the market respond by bringing back Last Man Standing.  A large segment of the population doesn’t want all the leftist garbage that Hollywood puts out

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.1  devangelical  replied to  livefreeordie @3    6 years ago

That same tiny segment would probably like to see each TV program start off with a prayer too.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
3.1.1  livefreeordie  replied to  devangelical @3.1    6 years ago

Nonsense. It’s not a religious program.   Nor is it a tiny segment. 

Conservatives remain the largest segment of the population.  Leftists have been increasing from their TINY portion over the last two decades, mainly because there are fewer moderate Democrats

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.1.2  Tacos!  replied to  devangelical @3.1    6 years ago
would probably like to see each TV program start off with a prayer too

Let's say it did. How would that impact you at all? Why do you have a right to care? Let people watch what they like and you can watch what you like.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.3  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tacos! @3.1.2    6 years ago

Good points and well said.  The duck hunting show was popular for some time and it included prayer in it over the objection of the channel then carrying it and it was quite popular.  

devangelical
Professor Principal
4  devangelical    6 years ago

I knew of this guy when he was a coke dealer in Denver 30+ years ago. Jag off then, jag off now.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
4.1  livefreeordie  replied to  devangelical @4    6 years ago

Deleted, CoC  {SP}

Allen was arrested 40 years ago in Michigan where he lived, not Colorado.  He was 25 and obviously learned his lesson and turned his life around after getting out of prison to become successful and a productive member of society

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.1.1  devangelical  replied to  livefreeordie @4.1    6 years ago

He was dealing coke out of the Denver Country Club, the Cherry Cricket, and Rick's back in the 80's. 30+ years. I don't really give a fuck how that fits into some rightwing timeline. Being called a liar by you is pretty fucking funny though.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.1.2  It Is ME  replied to  devangelical @4.1.1    6 years ago

And Whoopi Goldberg was a drug addict and a phone sex operator in the past.

Your point ?

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.1.3  devangelical  replied to  It Is ME @4.1.2    6 years ago

I'm not the guy saying Tim Allen represents conservative family values.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
4.1.4  livefreeordie  replied to  devangelical @4.1.1    6 years ago

Deleted, CoC {SP} Allen moved from Colorado in 1964 as an 11 year old and lived in Michigan until he got the Home Improvement show (except for his 2 years and 4 months in a federal prison in Missouri)

“After his parole in 1981, Allen returned to Detroit. Working at an ad agency by day, he became a regular at the Comedy Castle in the evenings. It was there that he started honing his hyper-masculine persona. He also discovered his trademark call: three ape-like, staccato grunts. As his stand-up career gained momentum, he successfully ventured into the world of commercial acting, including appearances in several ads for Mr. Goodwrench. In the midst of this burgeoning acting career, Allen became a father; his daughter, Katherine, was born in 1989.”

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.1.5  It Is ME  replied to  devangelical @4.1.3    6 years ago
I'm not the guy saying Tim Allen represents conservative family values.

Who said anything about this being a "Values" thing ?

"Conservatism" as "Liberalism" is an ideology (a systematic body of concepts especially about human life or culture ), not a value ! 

"Values" (to consider with respect to worth, excellence, usefulness, or importance.) is in the eye of the beholder.

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.1.6  devangelical  replied to  It Is ME @4.1.5    6 years ago

Tell that to the thumpers, not me.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
4.1.7  It Is ME  replied to  devangelical @4.1.6    6 years ago
Tell that to the thumpers, not me.

YOU....made the statement !

"Thumpers".... that's cute. I learn something new from Liberals every time I come on here. laughing dude

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.1.8  devangelical  replied to  livefreeordie @4.1.4    6 years ago

Looks like he went back to dealing coke after he got out of the pen and out of Michigan then. 

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
4.1.9  livefreeordie  replied to  devangelical @4.1.8    6 years ago

You just can’t admit you’re wrong

he stayed in Michigan.  As a parolee he couldn’t leave Michigan without his parole officer’s permission

he had an hourly job besides doing standup which would preclude him spending time in another state.

There simply is no evidence to be believe your slanderous accusation

user image
Freshman Silent
4.1.10    replied to  devangelical @4.1.1    6 years ago

Deleted, Skirting  {SP}

user image
Freshman Silent
4.1.11    replied to  devangelical @4.1.1    6 years ago
He was dealing coke out of the Denver Country Club, the Cherry Cricket, and Rick's

Deleted, Skirting  {SP}

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.12  Sparty On  replied to  livefreeordie @4.1.9    6 years ago

You’ll never get an admission of wrong doing from that one.    That person is always right ..... didn’t you know that?  😉

That said, Allen has a place not far from where I live and he is a well known prick in real life in these parts.    That said the hypocrisy from left on such topics is monumental.    Allen is Mother Theresa when compared to some of their darlings like Sean Penn or Alec Baldwin.     But Allen doesn’t do a great sarcastic Trump impression so there you go.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1.13  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  @4.1.10    6 years ago

Clappingthumbs up

user image
Freshman Silent
4.1.14    replied to  @4.1.11    6 years ago
Deleted, Skirting

liar

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
5  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu     6 years ago

"I always wanted "Last Man Standing" to be like ['All in the Family's'] Archie Bunker," said Allen last September

It is.

Mike always comes off looking like the fool just like Archie did. They both seems so out of touch with the current style, so innocent and and simple minded that they are pitied and some what adorable. Funny stuff.

To Tim, yep, "Last Man Standing" nails it....

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
5.1  livefreeordie  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5    6 years ago

Nonsense. Tim is reflecting the millions of Americans with traditional values who don’t support the godless statist values of the left.

He only looks like a “fool” to those on the left who hate us.

just another reason why we need to dissolve the Republic and form separate nations

Sophomore Guide
5.1.1  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  livefreeordie @5.1    6 years ago
looks like a “fool”

Archie and Mike both exaggerate conservatism for laughs. It's meant to be funny. 

we need to dissolve the Republic and form separate nations

United we stood divided we will fall, so NO Thanks !

This nation is mainly devided by geography with the coastal areas and the major metropolitan areas liberal and the middle interieur being conservative. 

So besides killing America how in the Hell do you divide that up anyway ? 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.1.2  It Is ME  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5.1.1    6 years ago
United we stood divided we will fall, so NO Thanks !

Since this country was founded, it's ALWAYS been divided in one way or another.

Funny thing here....."WE STILL STAND " ! Big hugs

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.1.3  devangelical  replied to  livefreeordie @5.1    6 years ago
just another reason why we need to dissolve the Republic and form separate nations

I agree. Removed for Sweeping Generalization "BF"

Sophomore Guide
5.1.4  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  It Is ME @5.1.2    6 years ago
Since this country was founded, it's ALWAYS been divided in one way or another.

Not the federal government at least as far as protecting the country goes. devide that and see what happens. 

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
5.1.5  livefreeordie  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5.1.1    6 years ago

Unless you are slaves or subjects, a free people retain the right to throw off or dissolve governments they find destructive of their liberties

"Whenever the legislators endeavor to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people, who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience." -- John Locke, 1690

* Lincoln's First Inaugural. "This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." 

“[The purpose of a written constitution is] to bind up the several branches of government by certain laws, which, when they transgress, their acts shall become nullities; to render unnecessary an appeal to the people, or in other words a rebellion, on every infraction of their rights, on the peril that their acquiescence shall be construed into an intention to surrender those rights” ~ Thomas Jefferson, Notes on Virginia Q.XIII, 1782. The Writings of Thomas Jefferson, (Memorial Edition) Lipscomb and Bergh, editors, ME 2:178 

As noted in the Declaration of Independence

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, ...

...But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.1.6  It Is ME  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5.1.4    6 years ago
Not the federal government at least as far as protecting the country goes.

Bullpucks !

There were passives even before the revolutionary war started, even traitors to the cause that sided with the Brits.

Remember Johnnie and Hillary's claim of "Voting for the War, "Before they Didn't" CRAP ?

Sophomore Guide
5.1.7  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  It Is ME @5.1.6    6 years ago
There were passives even before the revolutionary war started

True,There were passive americans before the revolutionary war started 

But they were all still protected under the federal government and as you know we won that war.

But really dividing the American federal government up and that would inevitably weaken us as a nation in many ways.

So I say NO Thanks. 

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
5.1.8  lennylynx  replied to  It Is ME @5.1.6    6 years ago

Bullpucky Sammy, the word is bullpucky!  You're welcome...

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.1.9  It Is ME  replied to  lennylynx @5.1.8    6 years ago
the word is bullpucky!

Maybe in YOUR world, Not mine.

Thank You !

Sophomore Guide
5.1.10  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  livefreeordie @5.1.5    6 years ago
it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

true we call it voting. But actually dividing the American Federal Government up will not strengthen us, it would weaken us.

You don't like the actors (politicians) vote for change, don't throw 241 years of this country in the trash just because you dont agree with part of your fellow countrymen.

United we do stand, against any known threat at this time, Why change that ? 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.1.11  It Is ME  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5.1.7    6 years ago
But they were all still protected under the federal government and as you know we won that war.

I never said any one wasn't protected.

You claimed...Divided we fall...and you wanted nothing to do with that premise !

IO noted we have always been divided in this country since day one.

Trying to "Change the goal posts" ?

Sophomore Guide
5.1.12  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  It Is ME @5.1.11    6 years ago
Trying to "Change the goal posts" ?

No I am replying to the IMO insane idea of dividing this country into two Americas one conservative and one liberal. That's insanity as I see it. I'll dragthis out, I wrote it years ago and still stand by it today.

America needs a mix of all ideologies:

“United we stand, divided we fall” 

Does Anyone remember this is still AMERICA ?

America needs a mix of all, conservatives, liberals and progressives.

A good blend will move America forward at a reasonable speed. 

Too many of any one ideology is bad for America.

America needs to move forward as the world progresses. 

Too many cons = little to no forward movement.

Too many liberals = move too fast forward.

Too many Independents = well you can’t have too many….lol (I’m one) LOL

Please research ALL candidates  before you VOTE

The more Americans that research all the candidates for all the offices before they vote and vote for the most qualified, the better our government and country will be.

PS: I consider myself {a pragmatist, realistically moderate,  a independent and progressive Deist with both some conservative and liberal tendencies, depending on the issue or subject.}

Hard to pigeon-hole that one. Drives me nuts sometimes, but I’m not. My mother had me tested.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.1.13  It Is ME  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5.1.12    6 years ago
No I am replying to the IMO insane idea of dividing this country into two Americas one conservative and one liberal. That's insanity as I see it.

Then this country has been insane for over 300 years or so now.

Do you read any "History of the United States of America" ?

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
5.1.14  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5.1.4    6 years ago
Not the federal government... devide that and see what happens.

actually, our government is being un-divided as we speak. 

regardless what side of the aisle, the people on the wrong side of our countries history will be removed one way or another.

here is the not so complete list. 

The Globalist Purge Continues

Not seeking re-election.
[Senate]
Bob Corker - Republican
Jeff Flake - Republican
Orrin Hatch - Republican
John Mccain - Republican 
[House]
Bill Shuster - Republican
Bob Goodlatte - Republican
Carol Shea-Porter - Democrat
Charles W. Dent - Republican
Darrell Issa - Republican
Dave Reichert - Republican
David Trott - Republican
Dennis Ross - Republican
Edward Royce - Republican
Elizabeth Esty - Democrat
Frank LoBiondo - Republican
Gene Green - Democrat
Gregg Harper - Republican
Ileana Ros-Lehtinen - Republican
Jeb Hensarling - Republican
Jim Bridenstine - Republican
Joe Barton - Republican
John Delaney - Democrat
John J. Duncan, Jr. - Republican
Lamar Smith - Republican
Luis V. Gutierrez - Democrat
Lynn Jenkins - Republican
Niki Tsongas - Democrat
Paul Ryan - Republican
Rick Nolan - Democrat
Robert Brady - Democrat
Rodney Frelinghuysen - Republican
Ruben J. Kihuen - Democrat
Ryan Costello - Republican
Sam Johnson - Republican
Sandy Levin - Democrat
Ted Poe - Republican
Thomas Rooney - Republican
Trey Gowdy - Republican
[Resigned]
Al Franken - Democratic U.S. Senate
Blake Farenthold - Republican U.S. House
Jason Chaffetz - Republican U.S. House
John Conyers, Jr. - Democrat U.S. House
Louise Slaughter - Democrat U.S. House
Patrick Meehan - Republican U.S. House
Patrick J. Tiberi - Republican U.S. House
Thad Cochran - Republican U.S. Senate
Tim Murphy - Republican U.S. House
Trent Franks - Republican U.S. House
Xavier Becerra - Democrat Attorney General of California

[Updated]

James Comey - fired

Andrew Mcabe - fired 

James Baker - FIRED [reported today - resigned [false]] / removed Jan/FIRED 4.21

Lisa Page - FIRED [reported today - resigned [false]]  Testimony received.  Tracking_y.

[Added]
Mike Kortan, FBI Assistant Director for Public Affairs - FIRED [cooperating under 'resigned' title]

Josh Campbell, Special Assistant to James Comey - FIRED
[DOJ]
David Laufman, Chief of the Justice Department’s Counterintelligence and Export Control Section [NAT SEC - HRC email invest] - FIRED/FORCE

John Carlin, Assistant Attorney General – Head of DOJ’s National Security Division - FIRED/FORCE

Sally Yates, Deputy Attorney General & Acting Attorney General - FIRED

Mary McCord, Acting Assistant Attorney General – Acting Head of DOJ’s National Security Division - FIRED/FORCE

Bruce Ohr, Associate Deputy Attorney General – Demoted 2x - cooperating witness [power removed]

Rachel Brand, Associate Attorney General – No. 3 official behind Deputy AG Rosenstein - FIRED/FORCE

Sophomore Guide
5.1.15  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @5.1.14    6 years ago
actually, our government is being un-divided as we speak.

yep our government is being unified behind one man. trump. Why, because he demands it , it makes his job so much easier. 

Personally I liked it better when we had 537 bosses not one with a bunch of robotic figure heads behind him.

BUT, That is not what I was referring to anyway. I was referring to the fact that california wants to succeed from the nation and this statement by another poster:

"we need to dissolve the Republic and form separate nations"

I reassert that America Is stronger as a whole than if we were to divide ourselves up like that. United we stand. so simple.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
5.1.16  livefreeordie  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5.1.10    6 years ago

Wrong dissolving an oppressive government is the right of free people.  Voting changes nothing because both parties support the statist control over our lives

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.1.17  It Is ME  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5.1.15    6 years ago
yep our government is being unified behind one man. trump. Why, because he demands it

Obama "Demanded". Was that the "Good" demand stuff ?

Remember Obamas "I won, get over it" comment ? Liberals loved that. Now Trump says the same thing, and Liberals are having a major meltdown and Breakdown. How about Dumbos open mic comment to Russias Medvidevididididid...idid, on "Give him time".  "RUSSIAN COLLUSION" ?laughing dude

"GET OVER IT" !  thumbs up

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
5.1.18  arkpdx  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5.1.15    6 years ago
Personally I liked it better when we had 537 bosses

We actually have 310,000,000 bosses and 537+/- employees  

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
5.1.19  livefreeordie  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5.1.12    6 years ago

Your view which is espoused by many who call themselves “moderate” is convoluted and a logical fallacy

Liberty vs Statism

Liberty is about the sovereignty of the individual whereas Statism (socialism or collectivism) is about the "good" of the state.  They cannot exist together.  Furthermore, as shown in the following excerpted article, statism is a belief system and thus is a religion.  Hegel said the State is “god” on earth.

“All States Violate Liberty

April 18, 2018

by Paul LaScola

Libertarian Christian Institute

Consider the proposition that a condition of individual liberty exists if all individuals are in full control of their own property: one’s life, intellectual conceptions, physical possessions, and rights. Freedom means universal liberty, and liberty means responsible, equitable behavior (not barbarism). Any person or organization which claims wrongful ownership of and confiscates another person’s property (an involuntary taking) is anti-freedom.

If you realize that a state exerts its will by force (fine, imprisonment, or death) and violently controls the person or property of any peaceful individual, and yet you still embrace it, you are (to some degree) a statist. Anyone who holds the state in esteem, or who voluntarily serves or supports it in violating the rights of others, or who engages the state for personal or organizational advantage, is an accomplice in the state’s violation of freedom (or, if conscripted to serve involuntarily, is a victim of state coercion).

To conclude that the only viable device to protect one’s property is a massive, coercive state — which will inevitably coerce all citizens in order to ‘protect’ them from the relatively few private extortionists — is nothing more than a belief among other beliefs. As an hypothesis, it has been disproven by innumerable, empirical historical experiments which demonstrate what happens when consolidated power rests with the state. Centuries of test cases (if you will) prove the untenability of any state to produce real, lasting peace.

‘Belief’ is a term of religion; it describes the acceptance of a tenet which cannot be proven by observation or experiment. To embrace Statism as a solution for the preservation of property (without proof of viability and validity) is a belief which exposes Statism as a religion.”

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.20  JohnRussell  replied to  livefreeordie @5.1.19    6 years ago

Libertarianism and all your "live free or die" bullshit is a fantasy utopia developed by cranks to justify their anti-social eccentricities. 

There are 325 million Americans.  The chances that this country will adopt your political philosophies and policies is .0000000000001.  

Either adapt or go "off the grid" into the wilderness somewhere and live the rest of your life in solitudinal peace (and QUIET). 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.1.21  It Is ME  replied to  arkpdx @5.1.18    6 years ago
We actually have 310,000,000 bosses and 537+/- employees

Party thumbs up Clapping Clapping Clapping

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.1.22  It Is ME  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.20    6 years ago
Libertarianism and all your "live free or die" bullshit is a fantasy utopia developed by cranks to justify their anti-social eccentricities.

I didn't know Bernie was a Libertarian ! Bernie wants EVERYTHING to be "FREE" ! thumbs up

oh

Hillary "Chimed" in here and there on the same....depending on the mood of the crowd she spoke to. laughing dude

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
5.1.23  livefreeordie  replied to  arkpdx @5.1.18    6 years ago

If only that were true

“Good motives may always be assumed, as bad motives may always be imputed. Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of power; but they cannot justify it, even if we were sure that they existed. It is hardly too strong to say, that the Constitution was made, to guard people against the dangers of good intentions, real or pretended. When bad intentions are boldly avowed, the people will promptly take care of themselves. On the other hand, they will always be asked why they should resist or question that exercise of power which is so fair in its object, so plausible and patriotic in appearance, and which has the public good alone confessedly in view.

Human beings, we may be assured, will generally exercise power when they can get it; and they will exercise it most undoubtedly, in popular governments, under pretences of public safety or high public interest. It may be very possible that good intentions do really sometimes exist when constitutional restraints are disregarded.

There are men, in all ages, who mean to exercise power usefully; but they mean to exercise it. They mean to govern well; but they mean to govern. They promise to be kind masters; but they mean to be masters. They think there need be but little restraint upon themselves. Their notion of the public interest is apt to be quite closely connected with their own exercise of authority. They may not, indeed, always understand their own motives. The love of power may sink too deep in their own hearts even for their own scrutiny, and may pass with themselves for mere patriotism and benevolence.”

Daniel Webster, speech at Niblo’s Saloon , New York, March 15, 1837.

Sophomore Guide
5.1.24  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  It Is ME @5.1.17    6 years ago
"GET OVER IT" !

LOL No I won't. trump is too much like a dictator for me to ever "GET OVER IT" Pledge your loyalty to him if you want , I have and will always only pledge my loyalty to the country itself and in my country we dont allow one man to dictate the rules for everyone like trump would love to do.

No I respect and want a multitude of Bosses like the 537 we have had for 241 years. congress, the VP and the president, For better or worse. 

A One man ran governments scare the shit out of me, I've seen the consequences. So this is one change I fight. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.1.25  It Is ME  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5.1.24    6 years ago
I have and will always only pledge my loyalty to the country itself and in my country we dont allow one man to dictate the rules for everyone like trump would love to do.

laughing dude

Pledge to Obama :

"Everyone against you is a "Racist, homophobic, islamophobe, deplorable, misogynist, wife beating, lying asshole" ! 

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
5.1.26  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  It Is ME @5.1.13    6 years ago

it is almost like they do not even know about history or things like the greatest compromise ever.

the Massachusetts convention was angry and contentious, at one point erupting into a fistfight between Federalist delegate  Francis Dana  and Anti-Federalist Elbridge Gerry when the latter was not allowed to speak. [26]  The impasse was resolved only when revolutionary heroes and leading Anti-Federalists  Samuel Adams  and  John Hancock  agreed to ratification on the condition that the convention also propose amendments.

a fistfight, led to proposed amendments... and our bill of rights. and the 2nd amendment right to own a gun.

let that sink in a bit... LOL... too funny  :)

as long as we remain united in our division everything is normal.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.1.27  It Is ME  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @5.1.26    6 years ago
as long as we remain united in our division everything is normal.

thumbs up

"REAL LIFE" sucks at times....but that is what "LIFE" is all about. I never have seen anything that said "Life" was all "Sugar and Spice and everything nice" in the "Real World" ! That's only in the movies.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5.1.28  Jasper2529  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.20    6 years ago
live the rest of your life in solitudinal peace (and QUIET).

It sounds like you are advocating for the revocation of American citizens' First Amendment rights if they don't agree with your opinion.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.29  JohnRussell  replied to  Jasper2529 @5.1.28    6 years ago

NO, I am informing him that he holds crank opinions that have no chance of ever being adopted by the nation at large. 

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
5.1.30  livefreeordie  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5.1.24    6 years ago

Trump is tearing down Washington power which is the opposite of your accusation 

Hussein Obama on the other hand was a true Marxist statist who sought to put all power in the presidency.  He epitomized the totalitarian statist ideology of the demoncrats 

Sophomore Guide
5.1.31  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  livefreeordie @5.1.30    6 years ago
Trump is tearing down Washington power which is the opposite of your accusation

BS.. trump is consolidating power by appointing people more loyal to himself than they are to the nation or We the people.

Yes, Trump is tearing down the powers that have been and installing his own powers that answer to and agree with him. How TF is that gonna be good in the long run for any of us ? 

Personally I like having a collective of ideologies and people in charge. Like 537 of them, a one man government with nothing but a bunch of yes men behind him scares the shit out of me. 

thankfully I'm getting old enough I dont fore see myself seeing the end results of this downhill slide. But I see the trajectory of where this could definitely be headed. 

Good Luck America. 

PS: I would be freakin out IF I didn't believe that president trump really does have good intentions for America. I just do not believe in how he is doing it. I think his "style" is dangerous especially for the long term way we are governed. In America we still Elect a president, we do not appoint a dictator. Lets keep it that way !!

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
5.1.32  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.20    6 years ago
There are 325 million Americans.  The chances that this country will adopt your political philosophies and policies is .0000000000001.

and hillary will be elected.

let me help you out here...

There are 325 million Americans who love our country and all of our rights.  The chances that progressives will ever permanently change americas political philosophies and policies away from that is a billion to one against.

the "fundamental change of America? will be forever denied (and or erased-- obama who?)

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.33  JohnRussell  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @5.1.32    6 years ago

What rights do "progressives" want to remove?  The right to be a jackass? 

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
5.1.34  livefreeordie  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.20    6 years ago

Wrong. It was the view of our founders and dominated the US government until Marxist statists destroyed our Constitutional Republic in the 20th century

Thomas Jefferson inaugural address March 4,1801

"what more is necessary to make us a happy and a prosperous people? Still one thing more, fellow citizens, a wise and frugal government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government; and this is necessary to close the circle of our felicities."

Samuel Adams

“The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule.

The right to freedom being the gift of God Almighty, it is not in the power of man to alienate this gift and voluntarily become a slave.”

Samuel Adams The Natural Rights of the Colonists as Men, The Report of the Committee of Correspondence to the Boston Town Meeting, Nov. 20, 1772

JFK was the last Democrat leader to believe in our founding principles in a 1960 speech he defined his liberalism which is polar opposite of today’s Marxist left

“I believe also in the United States of America, in the promise that it contains and has contained throughout our history of producing a society so abundant and creative and so free and responsible that it cannot only fulfill the aspirations of its citizens, but serve equally well as a beacon for all mankind. I do not believe in a super state. I see no magic to tax dollars which are sent to Washington and then returned. I abhor the waste and incompetence of large-scale Federal bureaucracies in this administration, as well as in others. I do not favor state compulsion when voluntary individual effort can do the job and do it well. But I believe in a government which acts, which exercises its full powers and its full responsibilities. Government is an art and a precious obligation; and when it has a job to do, I believe it should do it. And this requires not only great ends but that we propose concrete means of achieving them.”

The ever expanding power of the federal government, the absorption of many of the functions that states and cities once considered to be responsibilities of their own, must now be a source of concern to all those who believe as did the great patriot, Henry Grattan that: “Control over local affairs is the essence of liberty.”  

John F Kennedy Commencement Address, University of Notre Dame, January 29, 1950

" I’d be very happy to tell them I’m not a liberal at all…I’m not comfortable with those people." John F Kennedy Saturday Evening Post, June 1953  

JFK American Character July 4, 1946

"The American character has been not only religious, idealistic, and patriotic, but because of these it has been essentially individual.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
5.1.35  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5.1.31    6 years ago
trump is consolidating power by appointing people more loyal to himself 

and obama never appointed any people loyal to himself? ( it just never happened... LOL )

trump will be remembered as a great president.

obama will be remembered as a progressive schit stain on our past and prime example of the kind of people NOT to elect.

Sophomore Guide
5.1.37  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  It Is ME @5.1.25    6 years ago
Pledge to Obama :

As I already said, I have and will always only pledge my loyalty to the country. 

As an independent NO party and no politician gets my "loyalty" my loyalty is to America will that always be first and for most as long as I'm free. 

IMO: At his time both parties have gone too far from the middle to be sane any longer.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.38  JohnRussell  replied to  livefreeordie @5.1.34    6 years ago

Yes, when everyone didnt live on a farm anymore the government and the society had to come to the realization that we would have an urban society based on industrial production and scientific advancements. 

You want to live in the 18 and 19th centuries. I'm sure you can find some empty parcel of land in the super boonies where you can find peace and the opportunity to indulge your fantasies. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.1.39  It Is ME  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5.1.37    6 years ago
As an independent NO party and no politician gets my "loyalty" my loyalty is to America will that always be first and for most as long as I'm free.

That was "Great"..... as a talking point. What "Made America" Great under Obama again ?

The in-country race relations Beer Summit (what a fucking joke) ?

I remember our President getting a "Noble Peace Prize" for just Talking, before he "Bombed" Libya into submission, Redlined a few times and Drone bombed in a few Muslim Nations. Is that what you consider making "America Great" ?

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
5.1.40  livefreeordie  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5.1.31    6 years ago

Cutting taxes, deregulation and wanting to eliminate federal departments are all part of tearing down Washington’s power.

Hussein Obama was a true believer in totalitarian power

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.1.41  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @5.1.32    6 years ago

The key to unity is letting the states and the local /county governments within them having the power given to them and limiting the scope and power of the federal government to original intent via its enumerated powers.  If the federal government is dealing with what it was assigned to do and people in the states more free to live their lives as they see fit rather than a federal government imposing one size fits all solutions upon us, we’d all be happier and better off as a united people.  

Sophomore Guide
5.1.42  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to    6 years ago
You don't know what a dictator is now that's funny.

dic·ta·tor

[ˈdikˌtādər]

NOUN

1. a ruler with total power over a country, typically one who has obtained power by force.

synonyms:   autocrat  ·  monocrat  · absolute ruler ·  tyrant  ·  despot  ·  oppressor  ·  absolutist ·  totalitarian  ·  authoritarian  · supremo ·  Big Brother  ·  autarch

• a person who tells people what to do in an autocratic way or who determines behavior in a particular sphere.

synonyms:   autocrat  ·  despot  ·  dictator  ·  tyrant  ·  absolutist  ·  disciplinarian  ·  martinet

• (in ancient Rome) a chief magistrate with absolute power, appointed in an emergency.

……………………………………………..............................

Wrong, I do know what a dictator is. Furthermore I also know how a dictator gains power: Maybe you should as well, Here:  

How does a dictator come to power?

A:  Dictators  come to  power  primarily during times of national weakness, such as economic downturns and during national emergencies. During national struggles,  dictators  emerge as powerful and confident leaders offering to provide fellow citizens with guidance and direction.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
5.1.43  livefreeordie  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.38    6 years ago

You are ignorant about this probably because you love cities.  Technology allows us to be productive in manufacturing and technology services without cities and the urbanization of nations (which Marx advocated as essential for communism)

i detest cities and will always live away from them. It’s worked for 70 years and technology advancements continue to make it easier

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
5.1.44  livefreeordie  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5.1.42    6 years ago

Like Obama, Hillary and Bernie

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
5.1.45  livefreeordie  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.29    6 years ago

They were the principles of our nation for 119 years.  Brainwashing and redistribution of wealth policies have usurped a knowledgeable citizenry preserving their sovereignty

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
5.1.46  livefreeordie  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.33    6 years ago

125 years ago you didn’t have to ask permission from the Government to:

•    Collect rain water for your home

•    Use a transportation vehicle

•    Build a home or renovate it

•    You didn’t have to pay tax upon tax, upon tax with already taxed money including being forced to pay money that has been taxed into a government retirement system and then taxed again on that same money if you live above the poverty line

•    You didn’t have to ask permission (from the government) and pay to get married, obtain licenses, certificates or permits to fish, hunt, own a gun, become a carpenter or any other trade or profession

•    You didn’t have to ask permission to protest or redress government, or sell a product 

The government didn't pass laws and regulations saying that they not you own and control the water on your own land (put into effect by comrade Obama)

The government didn't order you to buy a commercial product under threat of penalty

The government didn't control freedom of speech 

You didn't  have your income taxed by the 16th Amendment forcibly under threat of penalty and/or imprisonment

The government didn't regulate or ban what you eat, drink, or inhale

You can virtually do “NOTHING” without being extorted by the Government and obtaining their permission first.

If you still think your “FREE” you are deluding yourself.

You live in an open air prison as free range humans who now live as subjects of the state thoroughly manipulated and controlled by the illusion of a free society.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.47  JohnRussell  replied to  livefreeordie @5.1.46    6 years ago

You are free to hold your crank viewpoints, and the rest of society is free to move on without you. 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5.1.48  Jasper2529  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.29    6 years ago
NO, I am informing him that he holds crank opinions

And, that is your opinion. Full stop.

Sophomore Guide
5.1.49  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @5.1.35    6 years ago
trump will be remembered as a great president.
obama will be remembered as a progressive schit stain

Time will tell. But I'm betting in history those two statements will be seen quite differently. 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5.1.50  Jasper2529  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5.1.15    6 years ago
Personally I liked it better when we had 537 bosses not one with a bunch of robotic figure heads behind him.

There are 535 US House members, not 537. The number temporarily rose from 535 to 537 for only 4 years, 1959-1963. They are not our "bosses". US CITIZENS are their bosses, because WE have the power to elect, pay, and fire them.

I was referring to the fact that california wants to succeed from the nation 

If CA wants to secede from our nation, I don't have a problem with it, because I doubt it will succeed. The new "Country of CA" won't have the financial means to support its government, housing, healthcare, education, infrastructure, or emergency funding (earthquakes, wild fires, mud slides) etc without USA federal assistance.

Sophomore Guide
5.1.51  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  It Is ME @5.1.13    6 years ago
Then this country has been insane for over 300 years or so now.

LOL... Yep..Ideologically you are correct, but, governmentally we are still one country, split that up and we will diminish Americans strength. 

Ideologically we can be split and still come together for the common good of us all, it's been like that for 241 years. Personally I think it's worked pretty well. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.1.52  bugsy  replied to  Jasper2529 @5.1.28    6 years ago

no value,  {SP}

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.1.53  bugsy  replied to  bugsy @5.1.52    6 years ago

Removed for context

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5.1.54  MrFrost  replied to  livefreeordie @5.1.34    6 years ago
Thomas Jefferson inaugural address March 4,1801

You know it's 2018 now, right? Seriously if you have to go back over 200 years to make a point you lost the argument. 

And what do you call a president that wants to take away credentials of the free press when he doesn't agree with them? I got news for you, Obama never even suggested something like that, but trump has, several times. Now tell us, you are always screaming about free speech, how does that wash with trump wanting to silence media he doesn't agree with? 

*crickets*

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.1.55  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  bugsy @5.1.53    6 years ago

Removed for context

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.1.56  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  bugsy @5.1.53    6 years ago

I wonder what one conservative on my seed said to another conservative on my seed that was determined to be of no value by a non conservative?  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.1.57  Trout Giggles  replied to  livefreeordie @5.1    6 years ago

What kind of gawd-fearing American wants to dissolve the Republic? I thought you were a veteran? There are veterans all over gasping at your words

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1.58  Tessylo  replied to  It Is ME @5.1.25    6 years ago
"Everyone against you is a "Racist, homophobic, islamophobe, deplorable, misogynist, wife beating, lying asshole" !

Well when the shoe fits dude.  

Sophomore Guide
5.1.59  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Jasper2529 @5.1.50    6 years ago
There are 535 US House members, not 537.

True and one VP and one president making 537 total "bosses" or as more correctly pointed out .... 537 employees. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.1.60  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5.1.59    6 years ago

And the 9 Supreme Court members?  

Sophomore Guide
5.1.61  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.1.60    6 years ago
And the 9 Supreme Court members?

Good catch...You are correct, thanks I'll need to include that next time to push the number up to 446.

I also need to say these people are government employees not government Bosses.

Live and learn...lol  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.1.62  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5.1.61    6 years ago

They are all our public servants.  They serve us, not the other way around.  At the state level in Ca they are finding that out as county and city governments openly rebel against the state regime.  

Sophomore Guide
5.1.63  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.1.62    6 years ago
They are all our public servants.  They serve us, not the other way around.

True, thats why I need to change what I call them. Employees not bosses, I do think president trump could use to be reminded of this fact as well. He may have been "The Boss" up to the day he was elected as president but from that day on he was OUR Employee. Not the other way around !

SO, IMO, our leader does not need nor deserve loyalty from the other "employees", as long as all our government leader "employees" are loyal to the country of the United States of America that is what really matters. 

PS: loyalty to a single leader sounds like a dictatorship or communism to me and I'll have NO part of it.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.1.64  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5.1.63    6 years ago

One of Trumps campaign promises was to weaken power at the federal level and return it back to the states and to the people and with his tax cuts and deregulation efforts, he’s off to a good start.  I feel that he’s making a sincere and legitimate effort in keeping that promise.  

Sophomore Guide
5.1.65  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.1.64    6 years ago
to weaken power at the federal level and return it back to the states and to the people and with his tax cuts and deregulation efforts

As one citizen of The United States of America I am glad and believe it makes good common since to have federal regulations and laws. It helps equalize and stabilize the states and the union.

Some states will and would do better than other states with their state government and different public services.

Some states would be great at some stuff and suck in other areas even to the point of people needing to relocate (as many already need to do) to just fulfill basic needs we have going thru life. Like education, employment, health care, Personally I have needed to relocate more than once myself to better my life due to the environment of where I was and what was offered in the entire area. 

While hard enough on the individual if too many states are too inefficient at too many levels we would have ever more relocating and the "good" states would be overran possibly even destroying their economies and services as well. 

Men left to their own devices generally dont govern themselves well for long without standardised rules. 

united we stand , devided we will fall

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.1.66  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5.1.65    6 years ago

It would be better to fall than be united by coercion and force.  

Sophomore Guide
5.1.67  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.1.66    6 years ago
It would be better to fall than be united by coercion and force.

I have to agree, so I offer, you may be following the wrong person then. 

co·er·cion
NOUN
the practice of persuading someone to do something by using force or threats.
Trumps tools: insults, grandiose promises, intimidation and threats. 
Works well until it's turned on YOU.
Good Luck America. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1.68  Sparty On  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5.1.67    6 years ago
Good Luck America.

So far so good.    Except for the butt hurt I suppose.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
5.2  magnoliaave  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5    6 years ago

I never watched the show, but will now.

Sophomore Guide
5.2.1  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  magnoliaave @5.2    6 years ago
I never watched the show, but will now.

The theme is about the same as all in the family. Exaggerated conservatism exposed.

Although this show is certainly more subtle about it, to the viewership they wanted blatant conservatism really isn't that funny. Evidently, though below the surface it's still hilarious to many.

Actually the exposure of ultra-conservatism is the real punch line. 

O but that's not ME....lol

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
5.2.2  livefreeordie  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5.2.1    6 years ago

It’s success was it’s abilty to expose the danger and idiocy of leftist ideology

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
5.2.3  livefreeordie  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5.2.1    6 years ago

This clip epitomizes why conservatives love the show

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.2.4  JohnRussell  replied to  livefreeordie @5.2.3    6 years ago
Do you feel like America is becoming too politically correct?

It's an interesting question. I am not politically correct for the most part, and don't pay much attention to it, OUTSIDE OF PLACES LIKE NEWSTALKERS WHERE PEOPLE ARE OBSESSED WITH IT. 

One can go through life quite easily not effected by "political correctness" at all.  Or one can worry about it constantly, like conservatives on NT do daily. 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5.2.5  Jasper2529  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5.2.1    6 years ago
The theme is about the same as all in the family. Exaggerated conservatism exposed.

All in the Family exposed a LOT more than "exaggerated conservatism". Do you not remember Rob Reiner's radical left-wing character, "Meathead"? He was (approximately) in his mid to late 20s or older, still going to school, no job, married and dependent on his in-laws for food, laundry service, housekeeping, and a roof over his head.

That 1970s "Meathead" is what millions of today's millennials are.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.2.6  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  livefreeordie @5.2.3    6 years ago

Those were great clips!  Clapping

Sophomore Guide
5.2.7  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  livefreeordie @5.2.2    6 years ago
It’s success was it’s abilty to expose the danger and idiocy of leftist ideology

Actually it was a combination of both. But with the Bunkers Archie usually ended up coming off holding the out dated position while the kids (and Edith) where more reality based in the world as it was. 

Sophomore Guide
5.2.8  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Jasper2529 @5.2.5    6 years ago
That 1970s "Meathead" is what millions of today's millennials are.

Surprise, That 1970s "Meathead" is what millions of Americans were back then as well. Some now probably "control us" in one way or another as well.

Times change, people need to as well. Some never do. Or at least try like hell not to, (on both sides) They are usually unhappy about "IT all" as well. 

sad

user image
Freshman Silent
5.2.9    replied to  magnoliaave @5.2    6 years ago

Same here

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.2.10  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  @5.2.9    6 years ago

Ironically I don’t watch much prime time network tv and hadn’t seen it before it was cancelled.  I watched it on demand as long as I could and can’t wait for the return of it.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.3  Tessylo  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5    6 years ago

I've watched the show a few times.  Just a vehicle for Tim Dick (that's his actual last name) to belittle democrats and President Barack Obama and the Clintons.  

If I want to watch democrat/liberal/progressive bashing, I can just come to your seeds and some others on Newstalkers.  

Yawn.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6  JohnRussell    6 years ago

Last Man Standing is not really a hit show and not really a flop. In the new world of television, you can have a few million viewers and call yourself a "hit".  What that really means is that the vast vast majority of Americans have never seen the thing. 

I have seen it and it is mildly amusing. 

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
6.1  livefreeordie  replied to  JohnRussell @6    6 years ago

Incorrect

“ABC has opted not to renew the longtime Friday 8 PM anchor for Season 7 despite the fact that the blue-collar sitcom was ABC’s second most watched comedy this season with 8.1 million viewers in Live +7, only behind flagship Modern Family (8,7 million). It was the third most watched ABC scripted series overall behind Grey’s Anatomy and  Modern Family.”

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  livefreeordie @6.1    6 years ago

8 million viewers only qualifies as a lot in the watered down universe of streaming and 500 cable channels. 

I assure you the great majority of Americans have never seen this show. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
6.1.3  It Is ME  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.1    6 years ago
I assure you the great majority of Americans have never seen this show.

As ALL other shows on TV too ? Face Palm

There is no way you said that with an actual straight face (nothing against gay people in that comment). confused

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.4  JohnRussell  replied to    6 years ago

Well, Fox News clips and opinions get disseminated by other sources and social media, eventually infecting many more times the number of people who actually watch the shows live. 

The same cannot really be said for Last Man Standing. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.6  JohnRussell  replied to    6 years ago

what are you babbling about? 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.8  JohnRussell  replied to    6 years ago

I am not looking for credibility from your ilk. 

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
6.1.10  livefreeordie  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.1    6 years ago

For ABC it was their 2nd highest rated comedy and 3rd highest rated show overall.  No sensible corporation would make such a stupid move, except for political bias

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.1.11  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  livefreeordie @6.1.10    6 years ago

That is exactly why they did it.  It will do well on Fox.  

devangelical
Professor Principal
6.1.12  devangelical  replied to  XXJefferson51 @6.1.11    6 years ago

Now Tim has access to 2 teams of writers familiar with rightwing fiction.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.1.13  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.8    6 years ago

Hey, at least the normalization of the Trump Presidency is now happening at a rapid clip and can no longer be resisted.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.1.14  Trout Giggles  replied to  XXJefferson51 @6.1.13    6 years ago
the normalization of the Trump Presidency

what does that even mean? Was there ever a time when the "normalization" of a presidency was necessary?

You folks are shooting yourselves in the feet with every word you utter

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.15  Sparty On  replied to  XXJefferson51 @6.1.11    6 years ago

Nah my guess is it had more to do with money.   What most people didn't realize is that ABC didn't own the show.   Fox did.   ABC paid them a per episode fee and collected all advertising revenue but since Fox owns the show, they get all ancillary revenue from things like steaming services and reruns.   Fox was paying for the show and were collecting the lionshare of the revenue so my guess is ABC just opted out for that reason alone.

I never watched the show because I tend to stay away from big three network TV but I've been watching it since it went to reruns.

Funny as hell and it's easy to see why so many liberals don't think so.   The show rips them a new one …… but it also rips back.   Like the episode where one of his daughters put Obama signs out in his front yard.   It was hilarious.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.1.16  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Sparty On @6.1.15    6 years ago

Then I guess it makes sense that Fox 🦊 picked it up.  I can’t wait for the restart.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.1.17  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.1.14    6 years ago

Other members here used to always say that the normalizing of the Trump Presidency could never be allowed.  Well, now it’s happening over their must fevered and desperate objections.  Oh happy days! 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @6    6 years ago
'I have seen it and it is mildly amusing.'

Same here.  

MrFrost
Professor Expert
7  MrFrost    6 years ago
it actually says a lot about what beaten-down conservatives in America are willing to tolerate for their entertainment these days. Sadly, sometimes it’s enough just to have someone on television openly declaring their support for President Trump and not be portrayed as a monster.

No value [ph] 

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
7.1  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  MrFrost @7    6 years ago
what beaten-down conservatives

that part cracks me up.

over the past decade, conservatives have destroyed the lefts little party and we are beaten down?

too funny for words :)

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.1.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @7.1    6 years ago

That is their will and wish to do to us.  It is not reality.  It is only in their dreams....

MrFrost
Professor Expert
7.1.2  MrFrost  replied to  XXJefferson51 @7.1.1    6 years ago
That is their will and wish to do to us.  It is not reality.  It is only in their dreams....

It's your article. I am just quoting it. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
7.1.3  MrFrost  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @7.1    6 years ago
that part cracks me up.

Take it up with HA, it's his article that is crying and playing the victim card. And, "little" party? 3 million more votes....just as a reminder. 

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
7.1.5  lennylynx  replied to  XDm9mm @7.1.4    6 years ago

"...lying..."

Sorry 9mil, any person who finds Donald Trump to be anything near acceptable for a president, automatically forfeits their right to call any politician, or any person for that matter, ever, a 'liar.'  The entire right wing platform is justified entirely, with lies.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
7.1.6  MrFrost  replied to  lennylynx @7.1.5    6 years ago
lying

You are aware that trump lies literally 4x as much as Clinton does, right? You voted for the candidate that lies the MOST. You calling out someone else as a liar is the definition of hypocrisy. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.1.7  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  MrFrost @7.1.3    6 years ago

Yes but those three million votes came from people and places that don’t count in our Presidential election system.  Once you win a majority of the votes in your state to win its electoral votes for your candidate the excess votes don’t get to be transferred to other states.  There is no difference besides actual electoral votes between winning say Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin by 50,000 votes and winning California and New York by 5,000,000 votes.  At least the minority sides voters in Ca and NY can remind their majority that they are losers.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.1.8  Trout Giggles  replied to  XDm9mm @7.1.4    6 years ago
Your bimbo bitch lying sack of shit HRC LOST...

that's an awful lot of vitriol for a man who calls himself a Christian

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.1.9  Trout Giggles  replied to  XXJefferson51 @7.1.7    6 years ago

And it wasn't just 3 million. What about all those voters who didn't vote for either trumpy or hilary?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.1.11  Trout Giggles  replied to    6 years ago

If you're going to call me a ( removed for context ) at least spell it correctly

other than that....the rest of your comment sounded like this yak yak

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.12  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @7.1.11    6 years ago
'other than that....the rest of your comment sounded like this'

laughing dude

They usually sound like this

yelling Makes No Sense BlahBlahBlah eek Angry crazy anger eek goofy

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7.2  Sparty On  replied to  MrFrost @7    6 years ago

This coming from the party of irreparable butt-hurt.

Hilarious!

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
7.2.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Sparty On @7.2    6 years ago

Clappingthumbs up

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
9  Hal A. Lujah    6 years ago

I guess it’s no surprise that Trump’s minions find a show that is literally devoid of humor to be entertaining.  I tried to watch this show once, and it was unwatchable strictly from a humor perspective.  I watch Roseanne and enjoy it, but Last Man Standing is totally stale and humorless to anyone who appreciates the art of building a joke.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
9.1  Sparty On  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @9    6 years ago

I guess it's no surprise that once again ..... you are in the minority.

Must get tiresome.