╌>

Cheesecake Factory Under Fire: Staff Attacks Man for Wearing MAGA Hat in Restaurant

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  heartland-american  •  6 years ago  •  222 comments

Cheesecake Factory Under Fire: Staff Attacks Man for Wearing MAGA Hat in Restaurant

A young black man trying to enjoy a Mother’s Day dinner with his girlfriend’s family at a Florida Cheesecake Factory is finding out firsthand that some discrimination complaints matter more than others.

And a black man supporting President Donald Trump won’t get much sympathy in the mainstream media.

According to an exclusive report by the conservative news site The Daily Wire, 22-year-old Eugenior Joseph made the mistake of thinking he had a right to a political opinion on Sunday when he entered the restaurant franchise at Miami’s Dadeland Mall.

He wore a pro-Trump “Make America Great Again” hat, which was apparently enough to make him a target of the restaurant’s staff.

The “welcome” he got wasn’t exactly what the family was looking for.

As The Daily Wire reported:

“According to multiple witnesses and Joseph’s own account, a woman who worked at the restaurant walked up to him and started pointing at his hat, signaling for the other employees to come over.

Does Cheesecake Factory owe this man more than a lame apology?
“Her finger was literally on top of his head, we were all looking at her like ‘what is happening?’ one witness told The Daily Wire. ‘She was pointing at him, calling her other coworkers, telling them to look at this guy wearing a Make America Great Again hat.’

“At that point, approximately a dozen or so employees approached the table and began making comments about the hat, with some saying they wanted to punch Joseph in the face. Witnesses also allege that some of the employees also referred to him as a ‘n—–‘ in their conversations among each other.

“‘So then all the employees started standing there, saying things out loud, like, ‘I’m going to knock his head in so hard his hat’s going to come off,’ the witness continued.”

Considering the state of race relations in the country today, that should be enough to spark protest marches, a nonstop stream of mainstream media commentary and maybe even a chainwide “standdown day” so every Cheesecake Factory employee can be instructed on the finer points of customer relations.

(Serving staff rule No. 1: Don’t threaten to knock guests’ heads in so hard their hats come off.)

The incident was confirmed by an apology issued by the Cheesecake Factory chain on Monday that might have been just a little forced.

As The Daily Wire reported in a follow-up, the chain stated:

“No guest should ever feel unwelcomed in one of our restaurants and we are taking this matter very seriously. Upon learning of this incident, we immediately apologized to the guests in person. We are conducting an investigation and will take the appropriate corrective action.”

After the apology, the incident got grudging coverage from a few traditional outlets. (USA Today gave it a perfunctory seven paragraphs, for instance.)

It got sneering coverage from liberal outfits (like the puerile Miami New Times.)

But for the most part, it’s been ignored in a way the tale of two non-paying customers who ran into trouble at a Philadelphia Starbucks never was.

Fortunately, conservatives on social media were all over the story:  This one really hit it on the head, though:  

Clearly, a still-unexplained dust-up at a Starbucks, where two black man couldn’t bring themselves to buy a cup of coffee for some reason, merits a full-court, Obama-era-style baring of America’s racist soul for the mainstream media.

Meanwhile, a documented, seemingly open-and-shut case of harassment perpetrated against a black supporter of the current president is either ignored by the mainstream media or outright mocked by liberal outlets.

Cheesecake Factory has already given much of America reason not to trust it, after six armed law enforcement officers were ordered out of one of the chain’s franchises in December 2016 because the chain has a policy against firearms in the premises. The company put out a lame apology then, too.

Cheesecake Factory can issue its half-hearted apologies, and the mainstream media can all but ignore a legitimate news story. But conservatives know what’s going on in the country.

And it’s getting tougher to swallow every day.

Facebook has greatly reduced the distribution of our stories in our readers' newsfeeds and is instead promoting mainstream media sources. When you share to your friends, however, you greatly help distribute our content. Please take a moment and consider sharing this article with your friends and family. Thank you.   https://www.westernjournal.com/ct/cheesecake-factory-man-maga-hat/

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1  seeder  XXJefferson51    6 years ago

Eugenior Joseph, 22, was reportedly dining with his girlfriend’s family at the Dadeland Mall location of the restaurant on Mother’s Day. His MAGA hat allegedly drew the attention of a female staff member, who gathered her co-workers to confront him, a witness told the site. The witness further claimed about a dozen of those employees circled his table, pointing fingers.   https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2018/05/15/black-trump-supporter-attacked-at-cheesecake-factory-over-maga-hat-report.amp.html

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
1.1  A. Macarthur  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1    6 years ago

FYI:

"Not all of the information reported by the media accurately portrays what occurred," a Cheesecake Factory spokesperson told CBS MoneyWatch in a statement.

"The situation may have been exacerbated by an all-staff meeting that took place during our shift change between our staff members working the lunch and dinner shifts –  which may have been perceived as a crowd gathering near the guests' tables."

Whaddya' know!!!

To be "fair and balanced," I would expect some ass-covering by the spokesperson … but now there are (at least) two sides to the story.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
2  bbl-1    6 years ago

No big deal.  Young black men get hassled everywhere anymore. 

Black Trump supporter?  One of those 'Blacks for Trump' dudes? 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  bbl-1 @2    6 years ago

The concept of increasing African American support for Trump is something that progressives will have to begin to get used to.  

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1.1  Krishna  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1    6 years ago
The concept of increasing African American support for Trump is something that progressives will have to begin to get used to.

Good point. It has been increasing. Especially this past year. Trump's support among African Americans is now much higher-- its actually doubled-- its now almost almost 6%!!!

Heh :-)

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Krishna @2.1.1    6 years ago

Actually it’s more than double that and amount African American men is over 20% now.  

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
2.2  Spikegary  replied to  bbl-1 @2    6 years ago

No big deal.....of course, you said that on all the Starbuck's stories right?   i mean, afterall, he's just a black dude, right?

Do you actually hear yourself?

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
2.2.1  bbl-1  replied to  Spikegary @2.2    6 years ago

Absolutely I hear myself.  It's just the way it is, isn't it?

Gordy327
Professor Expert
3  Gordy327    6 years ago

The Cheesecake Factory does make a good cheesecake. :p

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Gordy327 @3    6 years ago

Actually it does and we are likely to get one here soon.  The employees of one here wouldn’t do such a thing to an African American Trump supporter here.  

devangelical
Professor Principal
4  devangelical    6 years ago

He knew what he was doing as soon as he stepped outside with his My Ass Got Assaulted hat on.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  devangelical @4    6 years ago

Really?  So much for freedom of expression and speech if simply wearing a pro Trump hat while black is enough to risk getting verbally and physically assaulted. You should be ashamed yet you seem to be justifying what happened to him.  

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.1.1  devangelical  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.1    6 years ago
So much for freedom of expression and speech if simply wearing a pro Trump hat while black is enough to risk getting verbally and physically assaulted.

I've said nothing regarding the man's race. The 1st amendment is a two way street. When will the rightwing begin to comprehend that fact? Mocking those that do stupid things in public is an American tradition. Promote provocative activities in public and risk getting called out about it. I, personally, like to see public humiliation of trumpsters, no matter their race, gender, or religion. It's fun to mock the willfully ignorant.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  devangelical @4.1.1    6 years ago

I wonder what HA would say if he saw me wearing my "Science doesn't care what you believe" T-Shirt?

I get lots of grief from my t-shirts and bumper stickers....but I have the freedom of speech, right? Right?

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
4.1.3  Spikegary  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1.2    6 years ago

Of course you do, but employees are getting paid to provide a specific service, not voice their political beliefs and threaten a customer.  The Cheesecake Factory is opening themselves up for a huge lawsuit by basically tolerating theior employees' actions.

Do I like to see kids wearing their pants down around their thighs and their underwear hanging out?  Do I call everyone over to make fun of that person and get a group to threaten that person?  No, I don't, because I'm an adult and have manners and common sense.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Spikegary @4.1.3    6 years ago

Did you see the response by the Cheesecake Factory? The whole thing is pretty much made up.

But to respond to your comment, I don't make fun of shit like that, either. It might tighten my jaw but I mind my own business and walk away. But some people can't do that and it comes from both sides, not just liberal leaning employees of the Cheesecake Factory or wherever.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
4.1.5  Spikegary  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1.4    6 years ago

I agree.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.1.6  Greg Jones  replied to  devangelical @4.1.1    6 years ago
I, personally, like to see public humiliation of trumpsters, no matter their race, gender, or religion. It's fun to mock the willfully ignorant.

So you're also OK with a group of whites harassing a black dude for wearing a Hillary tee-shirt. After all, this works both ways.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
4.1.7  Skrekk  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1.6    6 years ago

It would be far worse if Hillary were seen wearing a t-shirt at the Cheesecake Factory.    The management would call the cops.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  Skrekk @4.1.7    6 years ago

"It would be far worse if Hillary were seen" would have sufficed nicely.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
4.1.9  A. Macarthur  replied to  Spikegary @4.1.3    6 years ago
Do I like to see kids wearing their pants down around their thighs and their underwear hanging out?

I'd like that put into a specific context … please.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
4.1.10  sixpick  replied to  devangelical @4.1.1    6 years ago
I, personally, like to see public humiliation of trumpsters, no matter their race, gender, or religion. It's fun to mock the willfully ignorant.

Don't let it bother you.  You're not alone or should I say this is not the first time, publicly humiliating people by Fascists has taken place.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_7g7vq7oz8bE/S7IkEoMsbFI/AAAAAAAACmk/W16DLdSz0SQ/s320/Brown_Shirt.jpg

sixpick
Professor Quiet
4.1.11  sixpick  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1.2    6 years ago
I wonder what HA would say if he saw me wearing my "Science doesn't care what you believe" T-Shirt?

You are talking about Political Science, aren't you.  I mean that's what is considered science to the PDSCP.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1.12  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  sixpick @4.1.10    6 years ago

I bow to youClappingthumbs up

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1.13  Trout Giggles  replied to  sixpick @4.1.11    6 years ago

haha yer so funny....not

and HA has the same sense of humor that you do

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.1.14  devangelical  replied to  sixpick @4.1.10    6 years ago

I don't know how posting a picture of trumps 2 oldest sons in your comment has anything to do with what I posted.

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.1.15  bugsy  replied to  Spikegary @4.1.3    6 years ago
Do I call everyone over to make fun of that person and get a group to threaten that person?

Well, that...and you will probably get assaulted for doing so.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
4.2  Spikegary  replied to  devangelical @4    6 years ago

Yes, his 1st Amendment rights should be abridged by restaurant employees.  Good call.

Not.

Explorerdog
Freshman Silent
4.2.1  Explorerdog  replied to  Spikegary @4.2    6 years ago

Another poor poor pitiful snowflake makes up a story and fake news fox runs with it.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
4.2.2  Skrekk  replied to  Spikegary @4.2    6 years ago
Yes, his 1st Amendment rights should be abridged by restaurant employees.

Please explain how a private company can "abridge" the 1st Amendment rights of a dimwitted Trump supporter?

Sounds like Trump supporters have no effing clue about what the 1st Amendment means, how it works or what it restricts.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
4.2.3  Jasper2529  replied to  Explorerdog @4.2.1    6 years ago
Another poor poor pitiful snowflake makes up a story and fake news fox runs with it.

If that were true, why did the left-wing USA Today, Miami Herald, NBC, CBS cover what you think is a "fake news" story from FNC?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.2.4  Greg Jones  replied to  Skrekk @4.2.2    6 years ago

It doesn't include threatening physical violence like knocking someone's head off. That's defined as "assault" and is a crime.

An assault is when someone intentionally attempts to inflict immediate injury or offensive contact one someone, and they suffer injury - physical or mental - as a result. Physical contact is not absolutely necessary to a complete an assault; however, the immediate threat of violent or offensive contact is required

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
4.2.5  Skrekk  replied to  Greg Jones @4.2.4    6 years ago
It doesn't include threatening physical violence like knocking someone's head off. That's defined as "assault" and is a crime.

Apparently the video evidence doesn't support that claim and the cops found no evidence to support any of the dimwitted Trump supporter's claims.     As they noted in the police report: "No threats were made.    No physical altercation occurred."

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.2.6  devangelical  replied to  Skrekk @4.2.5    6 years ago

Typical trumpster grandstanding. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.2.7  bugsy  replied to  devangelical @4.2.6    6 years ago
Typical trumpster grandstanding.

Kinda like all those faked assualts to Muslims and blacks during the 2016 campaign, when the left wholeheartedly believed them to be the absolute truth....until it was proven none of them were.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.2.8  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  bugsy @4.2.7    6 years ago

There is that.  Also there should have been no gathering of employees around their table and not one word about his hat should have been spoken to him about his hat by any employees.  He was a paying customer and to them the customer is always right and they were there to meet his and his friends needs related to their employment, not to draw any attention to or make derisive comment about customers clothing.  

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
5  sandy-2021492    6 years ago

Baseball hats are proper restaurant attire now?

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5.1  Jasper2529  replied to  sandy-2021492 @5    6 years ago

Your comment indicates that you completely missed the point of the article and what happened to this young man.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
5.1.1  Spikegary  replied to  Jasper2529 @5.1    6 years ago

Purposely.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5.1.2  Jasper2529  replied to  Spikegary @5.1.1    6 years ago
Purposely.

I know.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
5.1.3  sandy-2021492  replied to  Jasper2529 @5.1.2    6 years ago

Or perhaps I don't blindly accept tall tales from questionable sources, as some do, when it suits their preconceived opinions.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2  Texan1211  replied to  sandy-2021492 @5    6 years ago

Ridiculing a customer is proper service now?

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
5.2.1  sandy-2021492  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2    6 years ago

And Jasper:

Frankly, I've come to doubt the veracity of some seeders' sources, as they tend to embellish, to put it kindly.  "What happened to this young man" may have happened, or may not, or may have been embellished.  Other sources cited within the seed give a different story.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5.2.2  Jasper2529  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2    6 years ago
Ridiculing a customer is proper service now?

According to some, yes.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5.2.3  Jasper2529  replied to  sandy-2021492 @5.2.1    6 years ago

And Jasper:

Frankly, I've come to doubt the veracity of some seeders' sources, as they tend to embellish, to put it kindly.  "What happened to this young man" may have happened, or may not, or may have been embellished.  Other sources cited within the seed give a different story.

Please read the left-wing sources listed in comment 4.2.3   They all agree with the seeded source.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5.3  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  sandy-2021492 @5    6 years ago

I have seen attire range from suits, evening gowns, Hawaiian shirts, jogging outfits, casual, and sweat shirts at the CCF here.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.3.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @5.3    6 years ago

Do men wear baseball caps at the table? Mr Giggles has friends who do that and I think it's embarrassing to sit with them. My dad would have knocked the caps off their heads if they had sat down at his table.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
5.3.2  Spikegary  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.3.1    6 years ago

I don't, but I come from a different time than these millenials-again, the pants around the thighs with my skivvies hanging out.....anywhere....is a no-go for me, but it seems accepted in America these days.  Besides, military training, unless under arms, the cover comes off when you step through the door.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.3.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Spikegary @5.3.2    6 years ago

Gary....did I you see where I said Mr Giggles' friends? They are way too old to be millenials, trust me. They are just ill-mannered oafs who's fathers never taught them what is appropriate at the dinner table.

And these guys are all retired Air Force. They make me ashamed.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5.3.4  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.3.1    6 years ago

Both me and my husband wear ours when we go to Sunday breakfast.  I never really thought about it.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
5.3.5  Spikegary  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.3.3    6 years ago

Understood.  I rarely wear hats, mostly when mowing the lawn or working aorund outside the house, though we were taught form a young age it is proper to remove a hat inside, but in htis day and age, seems the rules are much more lax, for better or worse.....

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
5.3.6  Skrekk  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @5.3.4    6 years ago
Both me and my husband wear ours when we go to Sunday breakfast.

I usually don't think twice (or even once) before I wear something but I wouldn't be caught dead wearing a MAGA hat in public.    Maybe Floridians are just a dumber breed of humans.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5.3.7  Jasper2529  replied to  Spikegary @5.3.5    6 years ago
... we were taught form a young age it is proper to remove a hat inside ...

Same here, and that's what I taught my sons. Color me old-fashioned, I suppose.

JBB
Professor Principal
5.3.9  JBB  replied to    6 years ago
Removed for context

Michigan voted Trump in '16 but seeing how you righties denigrate Michigan I doubt they will again in '20...

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
5.3.10  Skrekk  replied to    6 years ago

(Seeder called off topic) Telo

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
5.3.11  sandy-2021492  replied to  Jasper2529 @5.3.7    6 years ago
Same here, and that's what I taught my sons. Color me old-fashioned, I suppose.

Glad you agree he shouldn't have been wearing the hat winking

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.3.12  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to    6 years ago

What about 5.3.6 about Florida residents?  Wouldn’t the same apply?  

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
5.3.13  arkpdx  replied to  Skrekk @5.3.6    6 years ago

What part of Florida do you live in? 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.3.14  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.3.12    6 years ago

So, it’s a sweeping generalization to go after some in Michigan from the right but not so much if from the left we suggest all Floridians are dumber than the rest of humanity?  What am I missing here?  

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
5.4  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  sandy-2021492 @5    6 years ago

Men

Hats can be left on…

• Outdoors
  • At athletic events (indoors or out)
  • On public transportation
  • In public buildings such as post offices, airports,  and hotel or office lobbies
  • On elevators

Take hats off, including baseball caps …

• In someone’s home
  • At mealtimes, at the table
  • While being introduced, indoors or out (unless it’s frigid!)
  • In a house of worship, unless a hat or head covering is required
  • Indoors at work, especially in an office (unless required for the job)
  • In public buildings such as a school, library, courthouse, or town hall
  • In restaurants and coffee shops
  • At a movie or any indoor performance
  • When the national anthem is played
  • When the flag of the United States passes by, as in a parade

Women

Fashion hats (not baseball-style caps) can be left on…

• In someone’s home
  • At luncheons, weddings, garden parties
  • At religious services

Take your fashion hat off…

• Anytime it blocks someone’s view, such as at a wedding or in a theater
  • Indoors at work

Remove baseball-style (unisex) caps…

• In someone’s home
  • At mealtimes, at the table
  • While being introduced
  • In a house of worship, unless a hat or head covering is required
  • Indoors at work, unless required for the job
  • In public buildings such as a school, library, courthouse, or town hall
  • In restaurants and coffee shops

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
5.4.1  Rmando  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @5.4    6 years ago

Thank you, fashion police. Of course you realize that is just a list of suggestions and has no legal meaning.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
5.4.2  magnoliaave  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @5.4    6 years ago

In a casual restaurant wearing a baseball cap is totally acceptable.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.4.3  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  magnoliaave @5.4.2    6 years ago

True.  After a baseball game, on the way home people stop to eat and wear their A’s or the opponents caps in to the restaurant all the time. 

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
6  Skrekk    6 years ago

Did Florida make Trump supporters or red hat wearers an instance of a protected class?    Sounds like the dude was asking to be ridiculed by wearing that in public.

Is there a sadder sentence in the English language than "The Cheesecake Factory calls out a man for possibly lying during an appearance on the president's favorite cable-news TV show?" (No.) Can the news cycle in any way get dumber than " Conservatives are mad that a mediocre restaurant chain isn't sufficiently patriotic? " (The answer to that is probably yes, somehow.)

Today is now, officially, the darkest day of Donald Trump's first 16 months in office. Over the weekend, a Miami man, Eugenior Joseph, sent the right-wing blogosphere into a rage-spiral after he claimed Cheesecake Factory employees leered at him and "smacked their knuckles" around him, all because he wore a "Make America Great Again" hat to the chain's Dadeland Mall location on Mother's Day. He says they were extra-upset because he is black.

Someone in Joseph's party called Miami-Dade County Police, who arrived at the restaurant, did nothing, and left, because it sure seemed like barely anything happened. This didn't stop Joseph from appearing today on   Fox & Friends , one of our big baby president's only news sources, to complain about his alleged treatment at the goddam Cheesecake Factory. The Daily Wire, Ben Shapiro's nonsense news site, broke the story and somehow claimed the employees had set up a "lynch mob" around the MAGA-wearing patron, and other right-wing outlets have claimed the incident was an "attack" — but many of these claims haven't held up under basic levels of scrutiny.

Now, following Joseph's appearance on   Fox & Friends , the Cheesecake Factory —   the Cheesecake Factory! —   is clapping back and tweeted out a statement this morning claiming that either Joseph or the right-wing media is blowing the story out of proportion. The company says that only two employees made "disparaging remarks" about Joseph's MAGA hat and that the restaurant's surveillance cameras don't appear to back up much of what Joseph is telling people.

"We are taking this situation seriously [ editor's note: Please kill us ], however, not all of the information reported by the media accurately portrays what occurred," the restaurant said around 10:30 this morning. "The situation may have been exacerbated by an all-staff meeting that took place during our shift change between our staff members working the lunch and dinner shifts — which may have been perceived as a crowd gathering near the guests' tables."

That's version of events is certainly not what Joseph has claimed happened. He told   New Times  yesterday that he showed up at the restaurant Sunday with "11 or 12 people" as part of a Mother's Day celebration but that a whole crowd of employees pointed at his hat, made jokes about knocking it off, and even booed him when he walked to the bathroom. He claims that he left without eating and that the ordeal terrified his girlfriend's elderly grandparents. Joseph claims he has video clips of the incident, but so far, for some strange reason, he has not released the footage publicly.

"There was one guy behind me, staring me down, clenching his hand in a fist," Joseph said yesterday. "They were disrespectful, jokingly saying they were going to put stuff in our food. We left without eating."

Someone in his party called the cops: A police report   New Times  obtained shows officers were absolutely not concerned about what was happening that day.

"No threats were made," the report reads. "No physical altercation occurred."

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
6.1  Phoenyx13  replied to  Skrekk @6    6 years ago
Sounds like the dude was asking to be ridiculed by wearing that in public.

Maybe he needs a Cheesecake Factory "safe space" so he wouldn't have to listen to other's opinions about his attire, especially since i haven't read anywhere (yet) that the police report stated any physical altercation etc, and no arrests were made etc. (side note: i have been told it's only those "liberal" minded people who need "safe spaces".. yet that doesn't appear to hold true)

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
6.1.1  magnoliaave  replied to  Phoenyx13 @6.1    6 years ago

And, maybe, some of the big asses who wear skin tight pants and get made fun of should be careful of how they dress. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  magnoliaave @6.1.1    6 years ago

most of those big asses in the skin tight pants vote republican....

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
6.1.3  Skrekk  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.1.2    6 years ago

I'm still wondering about the twisted psychology of a black guy who wears a hat promoting a white supremacist.   It's not much better than if he had walked into the Cheescake Factory wearing full Nazi regalia.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
6.1.4  Spikegary  replied to  Skrekk @6.1.3    6 years ago

Though I'm sure you are a fan of Bruce Jenner telling everyone he is Caitlin now.  Talk about twisted psychology.

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
6.1.5  Phoenyx13  replied to  magnoliaave @6.1.1    6 years ago
And, maybe, some of the big asses who wear skin tight pants and get made fun of should be careful of how they dress.

it goes both ways, absolutely, there's no passes just because you are "liberal" or "conservative" - at least in my opinion. (obviously this applies to situations like these with no physical altercations or arrests made etc etc - i don't want to compare apples to lamp posts)

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.1.6  Trout Giggles  replied to  Spikegary @6.1.4    6 years ago

So what? How does that affect your daily living?

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
6.1.7  Skrekk  replied to  Spikegary @6.1.4    6 years ago
Though I'm sure you are a fan of Bruce Jenner telling everyone he is Caitlin now.  Talk about twisted psychology.

Sounds like you have a serious problem with transgender folks.    Normal folks don't obsess about other people's gender identity.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
6.1.8  Spikegary  replied to  Skrekk @6.1.7    6 years ago

Normal folks don't obsess about other people's hats.

There, fixed that for you.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
6.1.9  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Skrekk @6.1.3    6 years ago

Add the fact that Trump said that "Laziness is a trait in blacks." makes me wonder why any of them would support him.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
6.1.10  Skrekk  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @6.1.9    6 years ago

And what black person would support the racist King of the Birthers anyway, much less a thug from Queens with a long history of refusing to rent to black folks?

And who knew that snowflakes came in any color other than Butt-hurt Conservative White?

JBB
Professor Principal
6.1.11  JBB  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @6.1.9    6 years ago
Add the fact that Trump said that "Laziness is a trait in blacks."

Well, considering Trump's formative years were in the 1950s and knowing what we know regarding Frederick Christ Trump's views about the proper breeding of humans (Which is quite a lot and it ain't pretty and yes, Christ is Fred Trump's middle name) it is not at all difficult to believe Trump's big olde funky looking head is chocked full of rightwing racist nonsense...

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
6.1.12  magnoliaave  replied to  Skrekk @6.1.3    6 years ago

And,,,, it would be ok if a pussy cap was worn in a restaurant and the Trump supporters jumped on her verbally and called in the staff to jeer her.  You guys would be on them like gravy on rice.

Or, the woman who goes into a bar dressed provocatively and is offended if a male hits on it.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
6.1.13  1stwarrior  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @6.1.9    6 years ago

How 'bout providing some proof of that - you know - the link where he made that statement.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
6.1.14  Skrekk  replied to  magnoliaave @6.1.12    6 years ago
And,,,, it would be ok if a pussy cap was worn in a restaurant and the Trump supporters jumped on her verbally and called in the staff to jeer her.

It's certainly not illegal.    Conservatives have definitely ridiculed women who wear "pussy hats", but it's interesting that you're whining about that protest of Trump's rather blatant misogyny.    Is that some form of Stockholm syndrome?

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
6.1.15  magnoliaave  replied to  Skrekk @6.1.14    6 years ago

Read my lips.....when you live in a glass house don't throw stones!

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
6.1.16  Skrekk  replied to  magnoliaave @6.1.15    6 years ago

Are you insulting my fluffy ears?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
6.1.17  Greg Jones  replied to  Skrekk @6.1.7    6 years ago
Normal folks don't obsess about other people's gender identity.

Thanks for affirming our normality, Skirting the CoC [ph] We're not the ones obsessing about LGBT all the time.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
6.1.18  magnoliaave  replied to  Skrekk @6.1.10    6 years ago

Sweeping generalizations [ph] were so butt hurt over Clinton losing the election that they have done bat mad?

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
6.1.19  Skrekk  replied to  Greg Jones @6.1.17    6 years ago
We're not the ones obsessing about LGBT all the time.

LOL.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
6.1.20  magnoliaave  replied to  Skrekk @6.1.19    6 years ago

Not me, Jose!  I don't care what they do!

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
6.1.21  Phoenyx13  replied to  Greg Jones @6.1.17    6 years ago
Thanks for affirming our normality, and correctly calling trannies as not normal. We're not the ones obsessing about LGBT all the time.

well, that seems to be false since there's still enough outrage and obsession over LGBT that the Republican Party made a special mention in their platform about same sex marriage. "Trannies" are just as normal as you or I - i personally don't obsess over someone's gender identity nor need to make mention that they are "not normal" in your own opinion.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
6.1.22  magnoliaave  replied to  Phoenyx13 @6.1.21    6 years ago

I don't think transsexuals are normal....not at all. 

I have two close gay friends....Michael and Brian.  Michael is feminine one and Brian the male. Michael's dress and actions are different.  The only thing he doesn't do is wear female clothes. 

If a male dresses as a woman and has sex with a male that makes him gay,  They just think that dressing as a woman makes them more attractive.

Dress up time.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
6.1.23  Skrekk  replied to  magnoliaave @6.1.22    6 years ago

Neither are blue eyes, left-handedness, or even skin which lacks sufficient melanin to protect one from the sun.    But all these things are the typical consequences of minor variations in genetics and fetal development, just like gender identity is.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.24  Texan1211  replied to  Skrekk @6.1.23    6 years ago

transexual is a choice, having blue eyes isn't.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
6.1.25  Skrekk  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.24    6 years ago
transexual is a choice, having blue eyes isn't.

Good to hear that your gender identity was a choice.     I guess that's what makes you a conservative like Caitlin Jenner.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.26  Texan1211  replied to  Skrekk @6.1.25    6 years ago

I suppose its easier for some to put words in my mouth than debate what I actually wrote.

I specifically didn't write that gender was a choice. I clearly wrote that transgender is a choice.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
6.1.27  Skrekk  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.26    6 years ago
I specifically didn't write that gender was a choice. I clearly wrote that transgender is a choice.

So now you're claiming that one's gender identity is a choice but only sometimes?   LOL.    You really are a True Conservative - that's exactly what those anti-science superstitious dimwits said about sexual orientation.....but only if one were gay.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.1.28  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.24    6 years ago

True that.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.29  Texan1211  replied to  Skrekk @6.1.27    6 years ago

You can debate yourself, since you insist on saying what I did NOT post.

Have fun!

And if ever you do want an actual debate, I expect you to debate what I wrote--not what you THINK I wrote or what you think I meant.

or no0t. That might be asking too much.

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
6.1.30  Phoenyx13  replied to  magnoliaave @6.1.22    6 years ago

I have two close gay friends....Michael and Brian.  Michael is feminine one and Brian the male. Michael's dress and actions are different.  The only thing he doesn't do is wear female clothes. 

i'm willing to bet both of them have a male gender identity, correct ? your comment seems to highlight a lack of knowledge on transgender since Michael and Brian seemingly have a gender identity as male, regardless of their masculine or feminine mannerisms.

If a male dresses as a woman and has sex with a male that makes him gay,  They just think that dressing as a woman makes them more attractive.

yeap, this comment definitely highlights lack of knowledge on transgender individuals since it's more than just "dressing as a woman". Do some research and educate yourself.

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
6.1.31  Phoenyx13  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.26    6 years ago

so.. you state gender isn't a choice - but to live as the gender your gender identity dictates is a choice, correct ? would you prefer transgender individuals "stay in the closet" ?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.32  Texan1211  replied to  Phoenyx13 @6.1.31    6 years ago

I'm not here to parse words.

If you are born a male, then you are a male. 

If you are born a female, then you are a female.

You at feel whatever and however you choose, but you can't change the facts of what you were born as.

Personally, I don't give a damn what choices they make. Doesn't have any effect on me at all.

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
6.1.33  Phoenyx13  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.32    6 years ago

I'm not here to parse words.

If you are born a male, then you are a male. 

If you are born a female, then you are a female.

you just highlighted biological sex - but we are talking about gender identity. you seem to confuse the two, please stick to gender identity.

You at feel whatever and however you choose, but you can't change the facts of what you were born as.

what you are "born as" is your biological (physical) sex and not your gender, please do some research.

Personally, I don't give a damn what choices they make. Doesn't have any effect on me at all.

can you tell everyone when you made the "choice" to be the gender that you are (not your biological sex) ??

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.34  Texan1211  replied to  Phoenyx13 @6.1.33    6 years ago

My first post on here #6.1.24 makes a pretty clear statement.

Someone else started the gender identity stuff.

You can not choose what gender you are born as. You can choose to change what gender you are.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
6.1.35  Skrekk  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.34    6 years ago

I think that was one of your right-wing buddies at # 6.1.4 who first deflected the topic to Caitlin Jenner................because right-wingers totally aren't obsessed with LGBT stuff.    LOL.

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
6.1.36  Phoenyx13  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.34    6 years ago

My first post on here #6 .1.24 makes a pretty clear statement.

as explained - you don't get to choose either one. Of course, you'll state that's wrong and you'll tell everyone when you chose your gender (and the thought process, how you compared both genders, the pros and cons of both etc) since you seem to think transgendered individuals have a choice about their gender.

You can not choose what gender you are born as. You can choose to change what gender you are.

your birth = biological sex . biological sex doesn't always equal gender identity - these are two separate things . you seem to confuse the two purposely   You can make a choice to have a gender that doesn't match your gender identity - i don't know why anyone would do such a thing, outside of that transgendered individuals aren't choosing their gender - they are matching themselves to their gender identity .

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.1.37  Trout Giggles  replied to  Phoenyx13 @6.1.36    6 years ago

Gender identity is a complicated issue for some.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
6.1.38  magnoliaave  replied to  Skrekk @6.1.10    6 years ago

Determining the problem is a "black guy" wearing a "white guy's" hat is racist.

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
6.1.39  Phoenyx13  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.1.37    6 years ago
Gender identity is a complicated issue for some

i absolutely agree - it's amazing that instead of researching it and becoming educated on the topic, that many choose to remain in the dark and just make erroneous assumptions.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.40  Texan1211  replied to  Skrekk @6.1.35    6 years ago

yeah, and boy! did you take the ball and run with it!

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.1.41  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  magnoliaave @6.1.38    6 years ago

Exactly exactly right.  Anyone of any race, religion, or gender can support anyone for any political office.  No one is bound by any of those factors to support or oppose any candidate for any office. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.1.42  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Skrekk @6.1.35    6 years ago

LGBT stuff is not on the topic of this seed.  People targeting an African American man for wearing a cap is.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.1.43  Trout Giggles  replied to  XXJefferson51 @6.1.42    6 years ago

Shrekk didn't bring it up first

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
6.1.44  Skrekk  replied to  XXJefferson51 @6.1.42    6 years ago
LGBT stuff is not on the topic of this seed.

Please whine to your right-wing buddy at # 6.1.4 about that.    As I said, normal people aren't obsessed about such issues but right wingers sure are.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.1.45  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.1.43    6 years ago

I never mentioned who brought it up first.  I just want the actual topic to be discussed here.  

MrFrost
Professor Expert
6.1.46  MrFrost  replied to  Spikegary @6.1.4    6 years ago

He/She is a conservative republican too.. Oops... lol

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.1.47  Trout Giggles  replied to  XXJefferson51 @6.1.45    6 years ago

No, of course you didn't, because then you might have to chastise one of your own.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Skrekk @6    6 years ago

I love how shit gets blown out of proportion....not.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
6.3  Spikegary  replied to  Skrekk @6    6 years ago

By staff at a restaurant?  WTF is wrong with you?  I hope he has hired an attorney and sues the hell out of the Cheesecake factory.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
6.3.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Spikegary @6.3    6 years ago

So Gary, why hasn't he released his footage?  Lol.  I'm dying to see the Cheesecake gang ready to rumble.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
6.3.2  Spikegary  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @6.3.1    6 years ago

WHat does he have to release?  If there is video, did he take it himself, is their surveillance video?  Not sure.  Why would anyhtign like this be acceptable?

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
6.3.3  Skrekk  replied to  Spikegary @6.3    6 years ago
I hope he has hired an attorney and sues the hell out of the Cheesecake factory.

Based on what exactly?    Being ridiculed because he supports a white supremacist moron?

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
6.3.4  Phoenyx13  replied to  Spikegary @6.3.2    6 years ago
WHat does he have to release?  If there is video, did he take it himself, is their surveillance video?  Not sure.  Why would anyhtign like this be acceptable?

so far - from what i've read - he supposedly has video clips/footage of the incident but hasn't released it yet. Why wouldn't you want him to release it (assuming he has it)? do you no longer require proof for people's accusations/statements/claims etc ?

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
6.3.5  magnoliaave  replied to  Spikegary @6.3    6 years ago

So do I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
6.3.6  magnoliaave  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @6.3.1    6 years ago

Maybe he is showing it to an attorney as we speak.  Sweet mercy, I hope so.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
6.3.7  magnoliaave  replied to  Phoenyx13 @6.3.4    6 years ago

I am buying one of those hats and dare anyone to say anything. 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
6.3.8  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Spikegary @6.3.2    6 years ago

From the article quote in Shrekk's comment #6. 

Joseph claims he has video clips of the incident, but so far, for some strange reason, he has not released the footage publicly.

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
6.3.9  Phoenyx13  replied to  magnoliaave @6.3.7    6 years ago
I am buying one of those hats and dare anyone to say anything.

sounds good, and i hope you don't have to encounter a situation where you would have to fight back against someone saying something derogatory about your hat, etc.

JBB
Professor Principal
6.3.10  JBB  replied to  Phoenyx13 @6.3.9    6 years ago

If people did not react to how I look and dress that would be a problem but then I dress as Santa Claus...

Or, the Easter Bunny or Cupid or a patriot or a pilgrim or a zombie depending on the time of year and all.

Nothing professional or for profit, mind you. I just like to dress seasonally. I do get lots of looks on trains.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
6.3.11  magnoliaave  replied to  Phoenyx13 @6.3.9    6 years ago

I could use the money!

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.3.12  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Skrekk @6.3.3    6 years ago

A paying customer at a restaurant as a right to expect to be treated in a professional manner by the employees there.  No one has a right to mock or intimidate a paying customer while they are on the clock of their own employer.  

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
6.3.13  Phoenyx13  replied to  JBB @6.3.10    6 years ago

If people did not react to how I look and dress that would be a problem but then I dress as Santa Claus...

Or, the Easter Bunny or Cupid or a patriot or a pilgrim or a zombie depending on the time of year and all.

Nothing professional or for profit, mind you. I just like to dress seasonally. I do get lots of looks on trains.

i bet you are fun to be in public with :)

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
6.3.14  Skrekk  replied to  XXJefferson51 @6.3.12    6 years ago
A paying customer at a restaurant as a right to expect to be treated in a professional manner by the employees there.

You mean like the customers of your buddy the anti-gay baker?

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
6.3.15  sandy-2021492  replied to  Skrekk @6.3.14    6 years ago

Touche.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
6.3.16  magnoliaave  replied to  Skrekk @6.3.14    6 years ago

They sued the bakery and so will this man.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
6.3.17  sandy-2021492  replied to  magnoliaave @6.3.16    6 years ago

For what?

He was not denied service.

Apples and oranges.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
6.3.18  Skrekk  replied to  magnoliaave @6.3.16    6 years ago
They sued the bakery and so will this man.

Good luck with that.   As Sandy noted he wasn't denied service.    Moreover Floriduh doesn't protect political affiliation in public accommodations.    Like every confederate state and red state in the country it has completely inadequate public accommodations laws.

The irony here is that the only state which does protect political affiliation is California......the very state the seeder wants to disassociate from because it's too liberal for him.

Ender
Professor Principal
7  Ender    6 years ago

I would think the establishment would have had cameras rolling.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
7.1  Skrekk  replied to  Ender @7    6 years ago

Apparently they did and the footage doesn't support the dimwit's claims at all.   That's why the cops took no action and left.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
7.1.1  magnoliaave  replied to  Skrekk @7.1    6 years ago

The cops didn't want a protest gathered outside their door.  I hope every last one of them pays through their asses.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
7.1.2  Skrekk  replied to  magnoliaave @7.1.1    6 years ago

Apparently the cops couldn't believe that any black guy could be dumb enough to support the racist King of the Birthers.

In the police report they noted: "Was he dropped on his head as an infant?"

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
7.1.3  magnoliaave  replied to  Skrekk @7.1.2    6 years ago

That is gonna work really great for him incourt!

Hooray!

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
7.1.4  MonsterMash  replied to  Skrekk @7.1    6 years ago

"That's why the cops took no action and left"

The article doesn't say the cops were called.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
7.1.5  Skrekk  replied to  MonsterMash @7.1.4    6 years ago
The article doesn't say the cops were called.

That's probably because you only read right-wing sources, not original sources or local news sources.    Not only did the dimwitted Trump supporter call the cops but the cops came, laughed at the dimwit and left.     No doubt they wondered why any black guy would support a white supremacist.   In the police report they also asked "Why would anyone support a racist moron like Trump, much less advertise that fact in public by wearing a MAGA hat?"

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
7.1.7  Skrekk  replied to  Kathleen @7.1.6    6 years ago
He has every right to support Trump if he wants to.

Of course he does!   No one has said otherwise.   And everyone else has the right to ridicule a black guy who supports a white supremacist.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
7.1.9  Skrekk  replied to  Kathleen @7.1.8    6 years ago
Then you approve of ridiculing people.

Definitely, particularly when they hold dumb or bigoted views.     That's what free speech is all about.

A black supporter of the racist King of the Birthers would fall on the really dumb end of that spectrum.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.10  Texan1211  replied to  Kathleen @7.1.8    6 years ago

Only those not in lockstep with his "ideas".

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
7.1.12  Phoenyx13  replied to  Kathleen @7.1.8    6 years ago
Then you approve of ridiculing people. Nice.

it's not that they necessarily support "ridiculing people" but i'm sure they support free speech - which does include criticisms and ridicule, correct ?

GaJenn78
Sophomore Silent
7.1.13  GaJenn78  replied to  Texan1211 @7.1.10    6 years ago

Guy was actually interviewed on TV yesterday.

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
8  MonsterMash    6 years ago

Deleted, sweeping generalization   {SP}

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
8.1  Skrekk  replied to  MonsterMash @8    6 years ago

It's certainly true that a black Trump supporter is a lot like a black David Duke supporter, as our Glorious Leader noted when he said the white supremacists marching in Charlottesville were "very fine people".

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
8.1.1  arkpdx  replied to  Skrekk @8.1    6 years ago

he said the white supremacists marching in Charlottesville were "very fine people"

Except he did actually say that. What he said is that there were good people on all sides of the issue and that blame for the violence goes to both sides also. I am not surprised that you would only give part after reality. 

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
8.1.2  Skrekk  replied to  arkpdx @8.1.1    6 years ago
What he said is that there were good people on all sides of the issue

And thus he was saying that some of those white supremacists were "very fine people".     Ethical people think that neo-Nazis and other white supremacists are the scum of the earth, but no one has ever accused Trump of being ethical.

By the way I'm not at all surprised that you didn't find anything wrong with Trump's comment.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  Skrekk @8.1.2    6 years ago

Funny how when riots occurred in Ferguson, liberals were screaming that the protestors doing the damage had hijacked a "peaceful" demonstration.

And yet, you don't think the same about any conservative or any other groups you don't like.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
8.1.5  Skrekk  replied to    6 years ago
Trump spoke of “very fine people on both sides.” while condemning violence.

I'm sure you can name some "very fine people" who are neo-Nazis or other kinds of white supremacists?   Or are you merely claiming that Trump knows of such people?    Either way it's a pretty effed-up comment which reveals a great deal about one's views.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
8.1.6  MrFrost  replied to  arkpdx @8.1.1    6 years ago

IMG_20171022_052835.jpg

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
8.1.7  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  Skrekk @8.1.5    6 years ago

Strom Thurmond leaps to mind for some reason...

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
8.2  A. Macarthur  replied to  MonsterMash @8    6 years ago

Removed for context {SP}

That is a pronouncement and broad-brush generalization … and I speculate that anyone who actually believes such a contention … is likely projecting, and, may likely know a good number of conservatives who think similarly about white liberals.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.2.2  Texan1211  replied to  A. Macarthur @8.2    6 years ago

Read the posts and see if you can HONESTLY come to a different conclusion.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
8.2.3  A. Macarthur  replied to  Texan1211 @8.2.2    6 years ago
Read the posts and see if you can HONESTLY come to a different conclusion.

By implication, you are referring to me as either "dishonest" and/or a poor reader,

I asked you before to ignore my comments as I will do to yours.

You never seem to specifically rebut content and almost invariably make cheap-shot ad hominem comments.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.2.4  Texan1211  replied to  A. Macarthur @8.2.3    6 years ago

My post was accurate and straight forward. I am responsible for what I write, but I am not responsible for your feelings.

But don't worry, I will refrain from embarrassing you further.

user image
Freshman Silent
9      6 years ago

A black woman goes into a restaurant wearing an " I'm with her T-Shirt" The staff verbally assaults her. Liberals come out in droves shouting racism, boycott, sue, sue.

A black goes into a restaurant wearing a MEGA hat the staff verbally assaults him. Liberals support the restaurant staff. It's OK to be racist when the black person is a conservative.

Liberal conclusion: Black liberals are good people, black conservatives are ghetto trash.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
9.1  A. Macarthur  replied to  @9    6 years ago

It's OK to be racist when the black person is a conservative.

Liberal conclusion: Black liberals are good people, black conservatives are ghetto trash.

That is a pronouncement and broad-brush generalization … and I speculate that anyone who actually believes such a contention … is likely projecting, and, may likely know a good number of conservatives who think similarly about white liberals.
Would anyone care for examples?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
9.1.2  Split Personality  replied to    6 years ago

I'm reminded of the story the other day about the SC NAACP official, a black minister, who lied his ass off about the racial profiling traffic stop he endured

and what was supposedly said to him by the officers.

The officers were completely vindicated by the body cam video and audio.

So until there is film, I will remain skeptical  of the customers mistreatment.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
9.1.3  A. Macarthur  replied to    6 years ago

Think so? read the comments by liberals in support of the Cheese Factory staff. Not one liberal supports the black man.

If the "report" is accurate as written, the employee and company owe the man an apology and possibly "damages!"

But I caution anyone from taking the Daily Wire seriously.

"DailyWire.com has a tendency to share stories that are taken out of context or not verified." [11] Among the falsehoods published on the Daily Wire include “leftists” digging up Confederate graves, Democratic congresspeople refusing to stand for a fallen Navy SEAL’s widow, and Harvard University holding segregated commencement ceremonies. [11]

FactCheck.Org   found that the Daily Wire was the source of a false story which credited Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson with finding over $500 billion in accounting errors made by the Obama administration. According to FactCheck.Org found that the errors were discovered and published by HUD’s independent inspector general before Carson became secretary. [12]

The Daily Wire has published a number of articles which cast doubt that climate change is occurring and that humans contribute to climate change. Experts have described the articles as inaccurate and misleading

MrFrost
Professor Expert
9.1.4  MrFrost  replied to    6 years ago
Not one liberal supports the black man.

How many liberals have to surveyed? I mean, other than NONE? 

Bourbon Street
Freshman Silent
9.1.5  Bourbon Street  replied to  A. Macarthur @9.1.3    6 years ago
If the "report" is accurate as written, the employee and company owe the man an apology and possibly "damages!"

WOW. I expect that today they are serving snow-cones in Hell.....Mac comes to the defense of a conservative!

But I caution anyone from taking the Daily Wire seriously. "DailyWire.com has a tendency to share stories that are taken out of context or not verified

Spoke too soon! There it is. The Mac we've all come to know and love.....well, come to KNOW anyway.

Sorry to drag you out of your reverie Mac, but NBC, ABC and CBS - not to mention MSNBC and CNN have all be caught printing unverified stories that ended up being BS....Huffington Post, Mother Jones and a thousand liberal blogs join that illustrious group - at last count by multiple sources the media in general is negative toward conservatives - and many, many have either lied or published before finding corroboration.......so don't act like this is unheard of - or even unusual. The Unusual part is that the story comes from a conservative - and has NOT been discredited.

That being said, there are recorded, verified instances of people being attacked for wearing a MAGA cap. Look it up......if you dare......

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
9.1.6  A. Macarthur  replied to  Bourbon Street @9.1.5    6 years ago

WOW. I expect that today they are serving snow-cones in Hell.....Mac comes to the defense of a conservative!

But I caution anyone from taking the Daily Wire seriously. "DailyWire.com has a tendency to share stories that are taken out of context or not verified
That you apparently cannot deal with two accurate statements without going off to Ad Hominemville is your problem.
In principle, if the story is accurate or not, there is no justification in such a scenario to denigrate an individual in such a manner.
In reality, the DailyWire has a reputation for lying.
Two separate things.
That being said, there are recorded, verified instances of people being attacked for wearing a MAGA cap. Look it up......if you dare......
Tell you what … YOU made the allegation … YOU look it up, identify the sources … and we'll go from there (although I don't doubt your claim).
GOT LOTS MORE!

Bourbon Street
Freshman Silent
9.1.7  Bourbon Street  replied to  A. Macarthur @9.1.6    6 years ago

Tell you what …

Tell YOU what - claiming ignorance and then refusing to seek out the facts is...well......doesn't improve one's credibility and a rather silly stance and  - even for a lefty.

But in the spirit of "Knowledge is Power", here ya go - Snoop Dog video showing Trump being shot, Kathy Griffin holding a severed head, Madonna pining to "blow up the white house",  Robert deNiro talking about punching POTUS in the face - Those are just celebrities threatening violence against Trump. Joy Behar telling her TV audience that Pence is "crazy" because he's a Christian. Remember the liberal wackadoodle that opened fire on Republican congressmen training for a charity event? And millions of goobers saying it's okay to threaten the POTUS, shoot congressmen because after all - it's conservatives being harmed.

Need more? I got a lot of them. Frankly I expect ya to continue ignoring the facts.

BTW - I see you're still voting up your own posts. That must be unique to anyone living in an echo chamber. " I'm a frickin' GENIUS. Just ASK ME".

Nice work.

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
9.1.8  MonsterMash  replied to  MrFrost @9.1.4    6 years ago

He was referring to the liberals that commented on this story

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
9.2  Skrekk  replied to  @9    6 years ago
A black goes into a restaurant wearing a MEGA hat

"Make Eric Great Again"?

By the way is the phrase "a black" some sort of regional dialect or just part of conservative English?

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
9.2.2  Skrekk  replied to    6 years ago

Sounds like the phrase was equivalent to the one you used.

devangelical
Professor Principal
9.2.3  devangelical  replied to  Skrekk @9.2.2    6 years ago

Racists give themselves away whenever they open their mouths.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
10  A. Macarthur    6 years ago

Let us not be selectively indignant and thus, hypocritical!

No one should be harassed, nor, denied service by a business that is open to the public … unless they are aggressively violating the personal space of another verbally or physically.

per·son·al space
noun
  1. the physical space immediately surrounding someone, into which any encroachment feels threatening to or uncomfortable for them.
    Let us all keep that in mind when defending businesses that refuse service and/or selectively enforce "company policy" based on race, religion, sexual orientation or nationality.
    Recently, two black men were taken out of a Starbucks in Philadelphia … in handcuffs … because an employee called police when one of them wanted to use the rest room before first ordering something.
    Before I retired, my office was just around the corner from that Starbucks … and I probably pissed in its urinal 4 or 5 days a week BEFORE ORDERING!!!!!
    I can't recall ever being taken out in handcuffs!

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
10.1  Skrekk  replied to  A. Macarthur @10    6 years ago

What surprised me most about that incident is that it happened in Philadelphia.

GaJenn78
Sophomore Silent
10.1.1  GaJenn78  replied to  Skrekk @10.1    6 years ago

Why? because blacks in Philly tend to keep in line or the fact one thought for themselves? 

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
10.1.2  Skrekk  replied to  GaJenn78 @10.1.1    6 years ago
Why? because blacks in Philly tend to keep in line or the fact one thought for themselves?

No, because black folks aren't exactly a scarce commodity in Philadelphia nor are they a marginalized demographic.    I'd think the very last thing a business would want in that city is to have racist employees.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
11  JohnRussell    6 years ago

He claims that a dozen or so employees of the restaurant gathered around him and starting taunting him. 

That statement has no ring of truth to it at all. 

I think this is one of those things where the "victim" is BADLY exaggerating what happened, and the restaurant statement about it appears to confirm that. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @11    6 years ago
That statement has no ring of truth to it at all.

Remember what happened at some of the Trump rallies? People took their lives in their hands to go there. One had to be cancelled it was so bad.

Sweeping generalizations [ph]

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
11.1.1  Skrekk  replied to  Vic Eldred @11.1    6 years ago
Remember what happened at some of the Trump rallies? People took their lives in their hands to go there.

In fact some of the Trump supporters were caught on film assaulting black protesters while Trump was actively encouraging those assaults.    I wonder what those protesters were thinking.....it's like black folks attending a KKK rally and not expecting trouble.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11.1.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  Skrekk @11.1.1    6 years ago
In fact some of the Trump supporters were caught on film assaulting black protesters while Trump was actively encouraging those assaults.

It's time you backed up your claims.

Give us a link

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11.1.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  Vic Eldred @11.1.2    6 years ago

Still waiting

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
11.1.4  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @11.1    6 years ago

If you think that a dozen employees of a restaurant would encircle a customer and taunt him about the baseball cap he was wearing, I think you are out of your mind.  In all likelihood one or two waitresses passing by him made a snide remark. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11.1.5  Vic Eldred  replied to  Vic Eldred @11.1.3    6 years ago

Obviously you can't back it up!  It was BS, right?

Ya, thought so

Kavika
Professor Principal
11.1.6  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @11.1.3    6 years ago

There are more if you'd like to see them Vic.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
11.1.7  Vic Eldred  replied to  Kavika @11.1.6    6 years ago

The guy who always claims racism couldn't answer it.

So you jump in with that biased drivel - which shows protesters who got into Trump rallies to heckle and create violence. Those people got back what they gave. Exactly what they deserved!

That's not what Skrekk was falsely claiming.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
11.1.8  MrFrost  replied to  Kavika @11.1.6    6 years ago

Well, what should we expect from supporters of the guy that said he loves to fight, and will pay the medical bills and legal fees of anyone that defends him?

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
11.1.9  A. Macarthur  replied to  Vic Eldred @11.1    6 years ago

Well, let's look at that Trump Chicago rally shutdown …

Rivals for the Republican presidential nomination criticized Trump. Senator  Ted Cruz of Texas said, "When you have a campaign that affirmatively encourages violence, you create an environment that only encourages that sort of nasty discourse. " [35]

John Kasich , Governor of Ohio, issued a statement saying, "Tonight, the seeds of division that Donald Trump has been sowing this whole campaign finally bore fruit, and it was ugly." [2]  

Senator  Marco Rubio  of Florida attributed blame for the events at various parties, including the protesters, the media, and the Democratic Party, but "reserved his harshest words" for Trump, condemning him for inciting supporters who have punched and beaten demonstrators and likening him to " Third World  strongmen". [36]

Matthew, chapter 26, verse 52

And, just say the word and I'll post more Trump sowing the seeds of division.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
11.1.10  Skrekk  replied to  Vic Eldred @11.1.7    6 years ago
The guy who always claims racism couldn't answer it.

Or I don't waste my time providing evidence to the willfully ignorant.

Kavika
Professor Principal
11.1.11  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @11.1.7    6 years ago
So you jump in with that biased drivel

LOL, you can't explain it away so you call it biased drivel...Too funny Vic, but a hell of a fail on your part. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12  Vic Eldred    6 years ago

If you think that a dozen employees of a restaurant would encircle a customer and taunt him about the baseball cap he was wearing

Why not? They beat a man for the same thing in Chicago:

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
12.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @12    6 years ago

this is why you have credibility issues at times vic. 

It is NOT believable that a dozen employees of a restaurant would gather around a customer and taunt him, unless he was a friend of theirs and it was a joke. 

The restaurant has confirmed that the incident was exaggerated. You should try and stick to reality. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
12.1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @12.1    6 years ago

I believe him.
Do you know why? 
I would never wear that hat. Perhaps you should contemplate what would happen if YOU wore one and then tell me about what is logical.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
13  MrFrost    6 years ago

First, this...

And a black man supporting President Donald Trump won’t get much sympathy in the mainstream media.

Then this...

According to an exclusive report by the conservative news site The Daily Wire

Oh, the sweet irony... LOL 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
15  MrFrost    6 years ago

MAGA?

IMG_20170305_095603.jpg IMG_20171030_091140.jpg mulleraintgoingaway.jpg

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
16  seeder  XXJefferson51    6 years ago

The article is about a young man going with friends to a restaurant and getting intimidated and threatened by the staff of the place he’s a paying customer of for wearing an article of clothing.  

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
16.1  A. Macarthur  replied to  XXJefferson51 @16    6 years ago

Not really!

FYI:

"Not all of the information reported by the media accurately portrays what occurred," a Cheesecake Factory spokesperson told CBS MoneyWatch in a statement.

"The situation may have been exacerbated by an all-staff meeting that took place during our shift change between our staff members working the lunch and dinner shifts –  which may have been perceived as a crowd gathering near the guests' tables."

Whaddya' know!!!

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
16.1.1  A. Macarthur  replied to  A. Macarthur @16.1    6 years ago

To be "fair and balanced," I would expect some ass-covering by the spokesperson … but now there are (at least) two sides to the story.

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
17  lennylynx    6 years ago

Trump supporters are traitors to America.  This does NOT, however, give anyone a right to attack them.  Although it certainly is understandable that some people just can't hold back.  Voting for Trump is one thing, it could have simply been stupidity.  But continuing to support Trump now, after he has proven to be every bit as bad a nightmare as the worst prognostications?  This is not acceptable for any decent, patriotic American.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
17.1  Texan1211  replied to  lennylynx @17    6 years ago

Worst prognostications?

Like these?

Trump will have us in WWIII

Trump will have us in multiple wars

Trump will get us into a nuclear war

Trump will make the stock market tank

Trump will raise unemployment

SMDH

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
17.1.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @17.1    6 years ago

Well well said!  thumbs upClapping

GaJenn78
Sophomore Silent
17.1.2  GaJenn78  replied to  Texan1211 @17.1    6 years ago

I'm a traitor then because I don't want the captain to crash the ship or the plane. I may not vote for whoever is in office, but I always cheer them on. Just saying..... 

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
17.1.3  magnoliaave  replied to  GaJenn78 @17.1.2    6 years ago

That's the way it should be.

devangelical
Professor Principal
17.1.4  devangelical  replied to  magnoliaave @17.1.3    6 years ago

Just like it was for the last POTUS, huh?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
17.1.5  Trout Giggles  replied to  devangelical @17.1.4    6 years ago

Of course not! The last POTUS was a black guy!

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
17.1.6  magnoliaave  replied to  devangelical @17.1.4    6 years ago

Glad to hear he was supported

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
17.1.7  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  XXJefferson51 @17.1.1    6 years ago

I bow to youCounting down the hours to your return here tomorrow early afternoon.   thumbs up

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
17.1.8  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  magnoliaave @17.1.3    6 years ago

You are both right.  We campaign for, advocate for, and vote.  Then even though if we lose the election we still advocate for our beliefs and oppose policy we see as negative, but always pull for the well being of our country and our markets regardless who wins.  For example , I invested heavily in our markets while obama was President rather than sitting on cash on the sidelines.  

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
17.1.9  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  XXJefferson51 @17.1.8    6 years ago
For example , I invested heavily in our markets while obama was President rather than sitting on cash on the sidelines.

So, you made a pretty penny while a president you didn't support was in office and, saved the stock market.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
17.1.10  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @17.1.9    6 years ago

He didn’t save the stock market.  I and millions of others like me who stayed invested while others pulled out and stayed out to this day did.  I never invested more in the market in my life than I did from September 2008 to December 2009.  I doubled what I was doing before and all spare money even newsvine earnings were diverted there.  On paper in April 2009 I was down 40% from my early 2007 high.  I’m now at triple where I was in April 2009 and almost double the 2007 high.  

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
17.1.11  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  XXJefferson51 @17.1.10    6 years ago

LOL, yeah, keep telling yourself that, I'll go with the facts.

In fact, the Dow’s rise was even more impressive under Obama if you start measuring at the market’s low point, on March 9, 2009, during the depths of the Great Recession. That day, the Dow closed at 6,547. Between then and Jan. 5 — a 10-month period — the Dow rose by a stunning 61 percent. That’s more than three times faster than Trump’s rise over the same period in his term.
It’s also worth noting that Trump is not alone among presidents in presiding over a bull market.
Most recent presidents have seen significant stock market increases over their terms. Presidents Obama, Bill Clinton and Ronald Reagan, for instance, all oversaw three-digit percentage increases over their eight year terms. The one president who lost ground was President George W. Bush, whose final year in office coincided with the onset of the Great Recession.
Here’s a summary:
President
Length of term
Closing Dow Jones Industrial Average
Percentage increase in the Dow Jones Industrial Average
Barack Obama
8 years
+ 149 percent
George W. Bush
8 years
- 25 percent
Bill Clinton