╌>

NEO-NAZIS WAVE PALESTINIAN FLAGS IN PROTEST AGAINST ISRAEL

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  6 years ago  •  58 comments

NEO-NAZIS WAVE PALESTINIAN FLAGS IN PROTEST AGAINST ISRAEL

germanpali.jpg

G erman neo-Nazis expressed their solidarity with Palestinians on Monday by showing an antisemitic banner and waving PLO flags.

A banner with the colors of the Israeli flag that said “The state Israel is our misfortune” was held by neo-Nazis in the city of Dortmund, a city in the western state of North Rhine-Westphalia with a population of about 600,000 people. The protest appears to have been held against both the opening of the US embassy in Jerusalem and the founding of the State of Israel.

During the Holocaust, the Nazis adopted the phrase “The Jews are our misfortune” from the antisemitic historian Heinrich Gotthard von Treitschke (1834-1896) to stoke lethal Jew-hatred in Germany.

(Link)

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    6 years ago

German neo-Nazi parties – The Third Way and the National Democratic Party – support the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions movement against Israel. The Cologne-based Bank for Social Economy is the leading financial institution for BDS accounts.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
1.1  Spikegary  replied to  Krishna @1    6 years ago

Cool, Neo-Nazis and Democrats all on the same team...nothing new there.

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Spikegary @1.1    6 years ago

But if that be the case-- how can we account for the fact that the majority of Jewish voters in this country are Democrats? Is it possible that Jewish voters are uniquely that incredibly stupid????

P.S: I am not claiming they are...I am just asking that question.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
1.1.2  sixpick  replied to  Spikegary @1.1    6 years ago

I was thinking the same thing.  On this site, who have been showing support for Israel and who have not?  On this site, who have criticized Israel for protecting themselves and who have not?  It certainly has not been you, me or anyone from our side that have supported the invasion of Israel.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.3  JBB  replied to  sixpick @1.1.2    6 years ago
On this site

On this site anyone including Jews living in Israel daring to hold any opinions at all not absolutely and completely deferential to far far right wing of Israeli politics are falsely labeled antisemitic. I have never seen so much hyperbolic bullshit regarding an issue as i see regarding Israel on NT. If TPTB at NT do not hold strong anti-Palestinian anti-Islamic beliefs it would be hard to decide. What is pure propaganda gets lauded while actual news stories are dissed. News stories criticized for existing!

Is this a news and information site where all sides of real news and legitimate opinions are welcomed or is The News Talkers a one sided pro-Israel anti-Islamic propaganda platform?

Seeding articles about the protests in Gaza of which exactly nobody contested the facts as reported by respected international news organizations DOES NOT condone the "Massacre of Israelis". It does not equate with the seeder of a mere news story, "Approving of the bombing of Jewish school children". It does not mean that the seeder pf a news story, "Desires the destruction of Israel". Yet, all of these things have been intimated in exactly that language regarding myself. Americans can and do freely criticize our own government and our own political leaders and I will be damned if Americans are to be intimidated into tacitly approving of everything regarding far right wing Israeli politics. Israel is not sacrosanct. Any and all criticism of Israel or Israelis DOES NOT EQUAL ANTISEMITISM.

A member who said of Jews, "They have no souls", or, "They all deserved to die", would rightfully be severly sanctioned. So, why is that kind of hyperbolic hatred allowed towards Muslims and Palestinians? One thing is for sure, such sweeping intolerance will never ever contribute to a better world much less contribute to any possible future peace in the Middle East. An honest debate would be nice but that is not possible on this site...

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.4  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @1.1.1    6 years ago

I'm not afraid to say that the Jews who continue to vote Democratic are stupid, self-defeating and I see little difference between them and the Jews in Germany who thought they were okay there when Hitler came into power.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.5  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JBB @1.1.3    6 years ago
"On this site anyone including Jews living in Israel daring to hold any opinions at all not absolutely and completely deferential to far far right wing of Israeli politics are falsely labeled antisemitic." That's a fucking evil lie, and I've made it ABUNDANTLY clear over and over and over again that fair criticism and not holding Israel to a double standard is NOT anti-Semitism, and that I myself have been critical of Israel, Netanyahu, the Judiciary, the IDF, the Settlers and the Ultra-Orthodox Haradim over the years, and I dare anyone to call me an anti-Semite.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1.6  Greg Jones  replied to  JBB @1.1.3    6 years ago
Any and all criticism of Israel or Israelis DOES NOT EQUAL ANTISEMITISM.

So what else do you call it, and why do the left wingers never criticize Hamas, aka the Palestinians, and paint them as victims??

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.7  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.4    6 years ago
Actually, I feel the same way about Canadian Jews who vote for Trudeau and his Liberal Party.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.8  JBB  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.4    6 years ago

Thank you for so plainly making my point...

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.9  JBB  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.5    6 years ago

I 100% stand by what I said and do protest most strongly you calling me a liar!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.1.10  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.4    6 years ago
I'm not afraid to say that the Jews who continue to vote Democratic are stupid, self-defeating and I see little difference between them and the Jews in Germany who thought they were okay there when Hitler came into power.

Buzz, I find that comment shocking. I know a lot of jews who voted democratic and support Israel totally. Talk about a sweeping generalization. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.11  JohnRussell  replied to  Spikegary @1.1    6 years ago
Neo-Nazis and Democrats all on the same team

The "moderate" Spikegary has spoken. rofl. 

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
1.1.12  Skrekk  replied to  sixpick @1.1.2    6 years ago
On this site, who have been showing support for Israel and who have not?

Don't confuse support for Israel with support for the Likud party's extreme right wing policies.

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.13  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.1.10    6 years ago

Buzz, I find that comment shocking. I know a lot of jews who voted democratic and support Israel totally. Talk about a sweeping generalization. 

Why, what's wrong with Buzz' comment? Its a fact (Not a "true fact" of course-- but rather an "alternative fact").

/sarc

And anyway-- are blatant lies actually a violation of the Coc?

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.14  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.4    6 years ago
I'm not afraid to say that the Jews who continue to vote Democratic are stupid, self-defeating

Buzz:

Of course you are entitled to your opinion. However, this I can tell you-- some of my best friends are Jews!

And while of course Jews (like any other group) have people who vote Republican as well as those who vote Democratic, all my Jewish friends are Democrats. (Well, one exception-- one guy is a true independent who has no party preference). 

When I was working it was impossible to choose who I had to associate with, but since I retired I can choose who I associate with-- and I do. In addition to choosing  "nice" people, I prefer to associate mostly with highly intelligent people. (Just a personal preference that may not be for everyone--its just that I personally find them more interesting). And those Jewish friends I've chosen to associate with are no exception-- as well as being wonderful human beings they are highly intelligent. 

So I find your statement to be somewhat inaccurate... (But I do hope you realize that statements like that tend to diminish your credibility here on NT...)

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
1.1.15  Raven Wing  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.1.10    6 years ago
Talk about a sweeping generalization.

I find it shocking as well. I know many here in So Calif who are Jewish and voted Democrat, and yet, they most ardently support Israel. To define any Jewish people who vote Democrat as being anti-Semite is really off the wall, and very unfair. And the degradation of any Jewish person who votes Democrat is really a step too far. 

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.16  JBB  replied to  Raven Wing @1.1.15    6 years ago
I find it shocking as well.

Oh BULL! Nobody who has one inkling of Buzz's comment history is one bit shocked or surprised...

I seldom ever and on only one issue ever make an exception with anything you seed or comment.

So, I am sorry if my disagreement causes you any discomfiture but I am sick and tired of having to tip toe around Buzz's hyperbolic bullshit for fear of upsetting the apple cart around here. No way am I going to go into my history or the long explanation of how I came to my personal beliefs but I have damn sure been more places and seen more things probably anybody on this site and that does not make me an expert of anything. I am sick and tired of being told shit like, "In that case you approve of the murder of Jewish school children", or, "If you voted Democratic that makes you a Nazi sympathizer".

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
1.1.17  Raven Wing  replied to  JBB @1.1.16    6 years ago

Perhaps YOU are not shocked, but, that does not mean I and Perrie are. Don't try to judge others feelings or thoughts by your own. We are not YOU. 

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.18  JBB  replied to  Raven Wing @1.1.17    6 years ago

I said what I meant. I meant what I said. This is personal. That does not include you or Perrie...

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
1.1.19  Raven Wing  replied to  JBB @1.1.18    6 years ago
That does not include you or Perrie..

As the comment was made to me, in my agreement with Perrie, I considered it to be aimed at me and her, not something said as a personal comment. How else was I supposed to take it? 

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.20  JBB  replied to  Raven Wing @1.1.17    6 years ago

For the record, I thought I replied to Krishna when I replied to you but it really does not matter.

I feel the same. Nobody reading Buzz's seeds or comments is one bit shocked by what he said...

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.21  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  JBB @1.1.9    6 years ago

"I 100% stand by what I said and do protest most strongly you calling me a liar!"

Your failure to differentiate between fair criticism and unfair criticism of Israel as being the basis for being called an anti-Semite is pretty obvious when you also don't know that just declaring something is a lie and not naming the perpetrator of it a liar is NOT a CoC offence,

Obviously the Ottawa Protocol's definition of anti-Semitism, copied by the United States Department of State (well before Trump became POTUS) and by the Working Papers on defining anti-Semitism of the European Union, is ignorantly (and in my opinion deliberately) ignored by some members on this site. Perhaps it should be posted at the top of the Home Page with the advertising.  I will not quote the whole protocol for now, but what is an essential lesson obviously required by some here, being how anti-Semitism is exhibited with respect to the State of Israel.  The bolding of the point I've been making is mine:

"Examples of the ways in which antisemitism manifests itself with regard to the State of Israel taking into account the overall context could include:

• Applying double standards by requiring of it behaviour not expected or demanded of any other democratic nation.
• Using the symbols and images associated with classic antisemitism (e.g. claims of Jews killing Jesus or blood libel) to characterize Israel or Israelis.
• Drawing comparisons of contemporary Israeli policy to that of the Nazis.
• Holding Jews collectively responsible for actions of the State of Israel
However, criticism of Israel similar to that levelled against any other country cannot be regarded as antisemitic.

Let it be clear: Criticism of Israel is not antisemitic, and saying so is wrong. But singling Israel out for selective condemnation and opprobrium - let alone denying its right to exist or seeking its destruction - is discriminatory and hateful, and not saying so is dishonest."

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
1.1.22  Raven Wing  replied to  JBB @1.1.20    6 years ago
For the record, I thought I replied to Krishna when I replied to you

Ahhh........OK.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.23  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.1.10    6 years ago

You're right. I guess I got worked up from reading the lies that EVERY person who criticizes Israel is accused of being an anti-Semite. It's not at all true, as I have pointed out by posting the relevant Ottawa Protocol clauses, which are an accepted guideline, the one that I believe in.  I apologize for the generalization, because I guess there ARE Jews who vote Democrat who are more concerned about Israel's survival than the usual American left wing useful idiots who gobble up the biased left wing media Palestinian propaganda. Let's see if those who make the accusation that EVERY criticism of Israel is considered to be anti-Semitic realize that they, too, have wrongly generalized.  I wouldn't bet on it.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.24  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Raven Wing @1.1.15    6 years ago

Please take note of my apology, in a reply to Perrie. I have the balls to apologize when I overstate - let's see if others have the balls to apologize when THEY do.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.25  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @1.1.14    6 years ago
"And those Jewish friends I've chosen to associate with are no exception-- as well as being wonderful human beings they are highly intelligent."

If they are highly intelligent, then I assume they are not influenced by the left wing media in its bias against Israel, and notwithstanding that perhaps they chose the lesser of two evils by voting Democrat, they DO support Israel's survival. YOU support Israel's survival, so I assume you would not choose to be a friend of one who would prefer for Israel to be obliterated and the world's Jews annihilated, as Hamas does.

I posted an apology for being so angry at the lies I had just read I overstated my point with a generalization, which was wrong, in a reply to Perrie here.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.26  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @1.1.13    6 years ago
"And anyway-- are blatant lies actually a violation of the Coc?"

IMO they are not, and calling out a lie for what it is isn't either. One must not call a person a liar (even if he is) or else earn a CoC violation. However, not every falsehood is meant as a lie - sometimes the person who says it was just misinformed or mistaken, and that is forgivable (if they admit their mistake). 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.27  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Skrekk @1.1.12    6 years ago

"Don't confuse support for Israel with support for the Likud party's extreme right wing policies."

Actually, Skrekk, that is a very fair comment IMO. Notwithstanding what some members think, I do NOT support all of Likud's policies, but I DO support whatever reasonable policies are necessary to guarantee Israel's and its people's survival - even if it means using necessary means to prevent violent Gazans intending to murder and kidnap Israeli citizens from trying to break through the border.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.1.28  Split Personality  replied to  Spikegary @1.1    6 years ago

The National Democratic Party of Germany is one of the most racist and extreme right wing organizations anywhere.

The implication that "our" American Democrats are neo nazis is  beyond disingenuous.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
1.1.29  sixpick  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1.6    6 years ago

I've never heard the MSM criticize those who should be considered our enemies.  They don't seem to have any problems criticizing anyone who tries to protect us from our enemies though.

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.30  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.25    6 years ago
If they are highly intelligent, then I assume they are not influenced by the left wing media in its bias against Israel, and notwithstanding that perhaps they chose the lesser of two evils by voting Democrat, they DO support Israel's survival.

Actually I think one of the major causes of disagreements online is a fairly widespread tendency to over generalize.  I could say a lot more about that, but ... I won't!

And I do know some people who are generally considered intelligent who lack common sense.

Finally, a third factor-- many people are very uninformed regarding world events and background, and very much so regarding the Middle East, (although they generally think they are well-informed when they're not).

And in some cases some people actually know a lot about the Middle East-- but most of what they know is wrong!

(Please forgive my plagiarism in that last comment, lol :-)

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
1.1.31  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  JBB @1.1.9    6 years ago

JBB,

Without a link as proof, we frown on such claims and we don't allow members to call each other liar. Please refrain from making such statements in the future. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.32  seeder  Krishna  replied to  JBB @1.1.20    6 years ago
For the record, I thought I replied to Krishna when I replied to you but it really does not matter.
Nice try but no cigar!

Here's the beginning of your comment-- its is a reply to RW-- in fact you actually quoted her when she said "I find it shocking as well". Yes, theat quote you inserted was a quote from RW-- I did not say that!

After you replied to RW and inserted a quote of what she said, you said "Oh Bull" (she said she was shocked, you replied that what she said was bull because no one should be shocked by what Buzz said)

That interaction between you and RW was about being shocked or not--  it wasn't me that was discussing shocked or not. So, essentially, you posted an "alternative fact"-- you were not replying to me.

(Actually I'm not surprised you thought you could get away with it-- most people reading that sort of thing wouldn't have the patience to go back and actually check--but unfortunately for people who post alternative facts I am the type of person that does take the time to check-- and your "alternative fact"  has been exposed!

Of course you're right-- it doesn't matter. And BTW apparently you are holding a grudge (" This   is personal."). I have no problem with that-- much much worse has been directed at me,

I hold no grudge-- its just that alternative facts and attempts to deceive peak my interest-- sometimes I ignore them but when its starts to look like a pattern, I often tend to expose them. No grudge on my part-- that's just the way "God made me" (Its called an ENTP-- we often get into these debates--  but unlike most people we have little or no emotional attachments to this...for us its not personal!

BTW, if anyone is interested in what we ENTPs are like, someone posted a most excellent series of the Myers-Briggs system of personality type. .Part I is Here  . . . (Part II is most scintillating ...it lists the types of some people here on NT).                

*        *        *        *        *        *         *        *        *               

In the unlikely event that anyone wishes to check what JBB actually said, here's a copy and paste: 

1.1.16    JBB    replied to    Raven Wing  @ 1.1.15      7 hours ago
I find it shocking as well.
Oh BULL! Nobody who has one inkling of Buzz's comment history is one bit shocked or surprised..

sixpick
Professor Quiet
1.1.33  sixpick  replied to  Split Personality @1.1.28    6 years ago

SP, I'm not insinuating the everyday Democrat is a Nazis.  In fact, I think they are more inclined to be middle of the road or Socialist depending on what part of the country they live in. 

I do realize the media from most of the EU countries think everyone who isn't on the Left is Extreme Right Wing most of the time.  If you notice our MSM is on the Left and anytime they discuss people who aren't on the Left they like to label them Right Wingers, but there's never any Left Wingers.  You never hear that term in our MSM.

I've never heard the MSM talking about the Left the same way they do about the Right.  This is the molding of the American Public in my opinion.  I see people who are moving past the Left into the Extreme Left like undiscovered cancer.  It doesn't kill you right away, but if it continues to grow it will in time.  The Moderate Left fears the Moderate Right and the Moderate Right fears the Moderate Left for the same reasons, they both fear extremism.  It's like a pendulum. It swings one way and then the other way.  When it swings too far one way, it will swing too far the other direction. 

You never hear how many people have been murdered by the Extremist on the Left from our MSM compared to people murdered by the Extreme Right from our MSM.  I've never heard them classify Antifa as Extreme Leftist.  They seem to always take up for them by giving the impression how they are fighting Fascists, like in Germany.  Actually Antifa originated in the USSR.  Anyone who disagrees with our MSM, and I'm sure it is worse in the EU, is classified most of the time as Extreme Right Wing or just Right Wing, but never Left Wing.

The only time they seem to stand up for what I consider Right Wing is times like this when a country which is surrounded by Extreme Right Wing enemies and is basically somewhat a Socialist style country itself, they always support the Right Wing.  Right Wing Fanatics received billions of dollars from us and other Left Wing EU countries in the dead of night without our knowledge or the permission of our elected representatives.  Right Wing Fanatics who chant "Death to America" and the Left in this country supported that action without questioning it.  Hamas almost received millions of dollars from us right before Obama left office to support terrorism and maintain control of their people, not to mention where some of that money was dedicated to support families of suicide bombers.

Facts don't seem to matter. The fact is if Israel is expected to continue to exist, they have to protect themselves and going back to 1967 borders, which seems to be one of the biggest arguments everyone has against Israel is a death sentence to the millions of people living in Israel.  And the Left seems to completely ignore this fact, thereby supporting Israel's enemies in my opinion.

I'm wondering who the Left really cares about.  Then some get offended when the logical assumption is they've lost their minds.  I obviously know they aren't stupid, but complacent is a much better term and complacency is the reason North Korea has nukes and has threatened us and our allies.  The Left thinks the illness will go away on its own if we just wait it out, be nice and don't rock the boat, but it won't.  It will only get worse which has been proven to be correct and that is one of the reasons for the confusion we have with the Left who seem to support everything that will leave us unprotected and run us in the ground financially.  Believe me, I don't think Trump is doing any better in that department either.

When there's talk about the KKK or White Supremacists, you would think we're bombarded with them, which we aren't.  There are more and more people thinking Capitalism needs to go and Socialism is the future of this country.

Polls say the under 30 crowd would rather live in a Socialist, Communist or Fascist society than live in a Capitalist society.  Most would prefer Socialism, according to Polls, with the Washington Post is even suggesting it's time to try Socialism.

We on the right, although with every test we've had on this site, which I think have been two or three, I've scored more as a Liberal or leaning Left every time, even after taking a couple of them more than once trying to move to the right, but not moving enough to be on the right, want equal rights for everyone.  We don't like using gender, race or ethnicity to determine who gets special treatment and we don't want some people in high places to go free after they've committed felonies while other rot in prison because their name isn't Clinton.  Whether you want to accept it or not, everyone with an ounce of sense knows exactly what Hillary Clinton had that private server for and it was "Pay for Play" politics.  I refuse to say I'm that stupid to believe it was anything else.

I don't consider it being a Right Winger when I want borders for our country, but Hillary Clinton would have already been working on the dismantling of our southern border in my opinion if she had been elected. We realize the main reason the Left's Leadership are for open borders and nearly unlimited refugees is because it would guarantee a welfare state that would keep the Democrats in power for who knows how long.  She was heavily supported by George Soros, who is like it says "Open Society" and is for nations without borders.  I don't know if you are or not, but to me it's kind of like homes without doors.

I'm sure this political group in Germany is Extreme Right Wing, but not as extreme as their Left Wing Media would like you to believe.  I'm not for extreme anything, but like I said, the Left fears the same thing that the Right does, Extremism.

It’s time to give socialism a try

Millennials would rather live in socialist or communist nation than under capitalism: Poll

‘This troubling turn highlights widespread historical illiteracy in American society’

Get Rid of Capitalism? Millennials Are Ready to Talk About It

As polls show young Americans souring on capitalism, a debate between economic philosophies draws a sellout crowd in New York.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
1.1.34  sixpick  replied to  Krishna @1.1.14    6 years ago

Actually I can't blame them for not voting Republican either, but when it comes to support and that support is for the one country in this world they can call their homeland, when they don't support the continued existence of their homeland, it is confusing to me.  You can hate Netanyahu, but without American Jews support and the MSM lacking in support for Israel, I see Israel's fate as dire.  Two or more groups of people who don't agree on anything else agrees to condemn Israel to annihilation.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
1.1.35  sixpick  replied to  Skrekk @1.1.12    6 years ago
On this site, who have been showing support for Israel and who have not?

Don't confuse support for Israel with support for the Likud party's extreme right wing policies.

Open for suggestions, Skrekk.  What do you think Israel should do to make everyone in that part of the world feel warm and comfy so you can support the continued existence of Israel?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.36  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @1.1.32    6 years ago

Bravo Krishna, Deception Detective Supreme.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.37  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  sixpick @1.1.34    6 years ago

I posted proof of MSM's bias against Israel when I discussed their headline that lays blame on Israel for bombing the Iranian bases in Syria, by NOT mentioning that it was retaliation for 20 Iranian missiles shot to Israel and the Israeli bombing was to prevent the Iranian bases from doing that again.  As well, MSM buried that reason in the third paragraph of the story. What a lowdown obvious dirty move on MSM's part to have done that.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
1.1.38  sixpick  replied to  JBB @1.1.16    6 years ago

Cool it there Brother, Sister or whatever you are.  So you've been around?  Well, how many places did you change along the way?  It wouldn't make any difference if Israel did every single thing these Radicals wanted them to do, they'd still hate Israel and they'd still try to eliminate them from the face of this earth.  Now since you've been around so much, you should have figured that out for yourself.

Don't worry.  Israel has the support of Donald Trump, unlike the last fellow who was in there, who tried to pass off a few million to Hamas before he left and did pass off a few dollars off to the country whose leaders would kill every Jew alive if given the opportunity.  By the way Obama gave them the opportunity by not supporting the people of Iran and going along with providing them a pathway to nuclear weapons so they may very well take advantage of it.  Before that gracious gift, the sanctions were taking a toll, but should have been stiffer, maybe giving the people more leverage in taking their country back from the Police State Obama supported.

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
1.1.39  lennylynx  replied to  sixpick @1.1.33    6 years ago

Many young people coming up are pretty hard left these days, Picky, they do want strong social programs, they love Bernie Sanders.  We've seen what the right can do for us, insane conspiracy theories and constant lying, endless wars and endless redistribution of wealth upwards to the point that America's income disparity rivals that of the most backward banana republics on earth. 

So take your bullshit and shove it, the starvation wages paid around the world are a disgrace to humanity, modern day slavery is real, and YES, EVERYONE working a full time job should be paid a living wage, and if the government has to step in to insure this, they damn well should.  And yes, health care SHOULD be a right, as should education.  Socialism, Schmocialism [Schmocialism is hard to say, try it!] why doesn't anyone complain about the 100% socialized American military?  Talk about wasteful spending...

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.40  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.1.10    6 years ago

I don't feel I'm entirely wrong.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.41  JBB  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @1.1.31    6 years ago

I am sorry for using the word, "Bull", in my reply to Raven Wing. In my head I though I was replying to Krishna probably because I had expected Krishna to jump in at about that point. Other than that I cannot see where or how it could even be implied that I called anyone a liar. The same cannot be said regarding what has been implied regarding myself though. There has been a lot of implying and skirting going on above from my personal perspective, but so be it. My conscience is doing just fine and I damn sure am not a goddamn Nazi sympathizer...

All Americans should be able to publicly express legitimate opinions that are critical of Israel or sympathetic to the Palestinians without being accused of antisemitism. The vast vast vast majority of all Americans who vote Democratic overwhelmingly support Israel and Israel's right to exist. Without one doubt. Any contention that liberal Democratic Americans of any religious stripe, especially Jewish Americans, are like unto Nazi sympathizers is inflammatory hyperbolic bullshit of the highest order. If anyone here can link one single thing that I have ever ever said that could be construed as my condoning the fire bombing and slaughter of Jewish school children in Israel or other such insulting nonsense much less the destruction of Israel I will kiss their asses in Macy's window at high noon on the 4th of July...

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
2  Freefaller    6 years ago

Sounds like a the enemy of my enemy is my friend scenario

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Freefaller @2    6 years ago
Sounds like a the enemy of my enemy is my friend scenario

Correct-- Hamas and the Nazis have similar views about the Jews.

But that's nothing new-- the alliance between Islamic extremists goes back a long way. If interested, you can find a lot of information about t Hitler himself and the Gran Mufti of Jerusalem during WWII:

HitlerMufti1024x640.jpg

Photo: The meeting between Adolf Hitler and the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem, Haj Amin al-Husseini, on November 28, 1941, at the Reich Chancellory in Berlin. (Source: Documents on German Foreign Policy 1918-1945, Series D, Vol XIII, London, 1964.)

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
2.1.1  Freefaller  replied to  Krishna @2.1    6 years ago

Funny thing is Hitler likely viewed Middle Easterners as an inferior race and would have destroyed them as well if given the opportunity.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
2.1.2  sixpick  replied to  Krishna @2.1    6 years ago
the alliance between Islamic extremists goes back a long way.

That's why it is somewhat confusing.  It is true the Muslims and Hitler worked hand in hand during WWII.  There wasn't a single elected Jew in Israel from this country from what I've heard and read who went to Israel to celebrate the implementation of the Jerusalem Embassy Act.  At the most Liberal college campuses in this country Jews are ostracized by Liberal students, White Supremacists and Islamic students as they were in Germany and still are today.  How many times has Germany or France voted with the United States when the United States voted with Israel.  I know both countries have been infiltrated by Jew hating Islamist, but even before the surge into these countries they've always voted against Israel as far as I know at the UN.

Brown shirts calling themselves Antifa or at the very least doing the same things Brown Shirts did in the 1930's are from the Left while they fight against White Supremacists who are from the right.  I say both are from the radical elements in our society.

Why does the Radical Left act this way?  Both of these fringes are against Israel, but the Jews in this country are a mystery to me as to why they would stand by and allow or even support groups who have one thing in mind and that is the complete annihilation of the people and the only country in the world they can call their own? 

That's why it is difficult to call the Left in this country Communist, although history shows they have been friends of Communists as long as I've lived, and ignore the Fascist actions that seem to define them as well in so many instances.

It has been said that Communism and Fascism are not all that different in many respects.  Both have the same characteristic of supporting Collectivism.  They say they are tolerant, but it has been proven they are only tolerant to those who hold the same ideologies they do and  live their lives in a collective manner, with all powers granted to the State over the people.  Freedom seems to be granted by the State in their world. 

It's not necessarily the Left or the Right, but how much government or how little government should be accepted in our society.  I would think the middle doesn't want to be ruled by the government, but wants enough government to allow them to be free and live their lives as they want without infringing on others. 

There's a video I've watched that seems to clear this matter up for me, somewhat.  It's neither left or right.  It's based on how much or how little government a society has.  A society which has no government is an anarchy and a society which has all government is a Totalitarian government.  Totalitarianism includes Communist, Fascists, Dictators and so forth.  The United States was set up to fit somewhere in the middle of this, which is a preferred position to be, where each person can live their life experiencing Liberty and be given the Freedoms by their Creator and guaranteed in our Constitution and Bill of Rights.  It's not a Democracy where the majority rules, but a Constitutional Representative Republic.

It troubles me when I see people who I respect keep insisting on a Democracy, when I know eventually it will destroy our country.  I just can't believe they could not see that.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
2.1.3  magnoliaave  replied to  sixpick @2.1.2    6 years ago

Brilliant post!

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1.4  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Freefaller @2.1.1    6 years ago
Funny thing is Hitler likely viewed Middle Easterners as an inferior race and would have destroyed them as well if given the opportunity.

One of the ironic things about thuggish tyrants like Hitler is ther hypocricy. He considered not only Jews but many other groups (including Africans and Asians) an inferior race.

So why his total hypocricy in having an alliance with some non-Caucasians-- namely, the Japanese? Well, here's how he rationized it-- he made the Japanese "Honorary Aryans"!

And of course it wasn't only non-Caucasian Japanese. An important Arab leader-- The Grand Mufti of Jerusalem himself! --like many Arabs in the region was was a staunch supporter of the Nazis. So his Nazi admirers also bestowed the honour of being an "Honorary Aryan" on him as well!

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1.5  seeder  Krishna  replied to  sixpick @2.1.2    6 years ago
At the most Liberal college campuses in this country Jews are ostracized by Liberal students, White Supremacists and Islamic students as they were in Germany and still are today.

I think many people may be unaware of it, but it is very true. It is ironic, but on many campuses Nazis & Nazi sympathizers and many (not all) liberals have similar views about Jews....

On some campuses which are predominently very far left, some Jewish students don't wear Jewish stars on necklaces where they can be seen. In the past it didn't used to be that way (not in the U.S. although it has fairly common insome countries in Europe . . .)

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1.6  seeder  Krishna  replied to  sixpick @2.1.2    6 years ago

Why does the Radical Left act this way? 

Because-- they are radical!

Radical = extremists. And having known quite a few myself I have come to realize that very radical people (on both the left and the right) tend to be fairly crazy. And the "radical right is crazy as well).

(I actually did know a guy who had  actually a card carrying member of CPUSA-- the U.S. Communist Party! We had a few really fascinating conversations-- the guy was a real Communist, he actually believed all that stuff!)

I also worked on a communal farm in Israel (a "Kibbutz")-- no private ownership-- everything belonged to everyone (Except other peoples' wives :-). But it was an extremely rare form of Communism-- it was actually truly  "democratic communism". (The only other example I heard of of truly democratic Communism were many of the Hippie communes (mostly in Oregon) in the 60s.

Both of these fringes are against Israel, but the Jews in this country are a mystery to me as to why they would stand by and allow or even support groups who have one thing in mind and that is the complete annihilation of the people and the only country in the world they can call their own? 

Good question. There maybe are several answers, but one may be the view by many American Jews (Re Naziism, Islamic extremism, and others who want to exterminate them) that "it can't happen here". (In the U.S.). And perhaps the viewamongst Amrican Jews that if the Jews in Israel were faced with actual extermination (as opposed to the constant threats of extermination they face in Israel-- which so far is mainly talk due to Israel being strong)... Israeli Jews coul escape to safety in the West (that used to include countries like France, for example...but its now become fairly unsafe for Jews due to large scale immigration from countries where violence vs Jews is considered acceptable). So that leaves the US. and Canada.

That's why it is difficult to call the Left in this country Communist, although history shows they have been friends of Communists as long as I've lived, and ignore the Fascist actions that seem to define them as well in so many instances.

"Communism" and "Faacism" are both an economic system as well as a political system. Fascism is actually a distinct economic system-- but in popular usage its become used to describe any non-democratic, any totalitarian system-- or even a person. (When someone says someone is a "Fascist" they are accusing them of having undemocratic views-- in most cases those people are not believers in the actual economic system called "Fascism". (Just as when some people call their boss a "Nazi" they don't mean they're actually a follower of Hitler's beliefs or a member of an actual Nazi Party.. There is such a thing as a real Nazi-- in fact my uncles' brother was one-... but while interesting that more than a bit off topic!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
2.1.7  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @2.1.6    6 years ago
"So that leaves the US. and Canada."

Canada? "Not so fast, Louis." That was so with Harper's Conservative government, but Justin Trudeau and his quisling Liberals is making a sea change there.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
2.1.8  sixpick  replied to  magnoliaave @2.1.3    6 years ago

Thanks Mag.  Don't know how brilliant it is, but I feel better now that is finished.

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
4  Larry Hampton    6 years ago

Planned parenthood should pass out condoms to prevent Marxist Neo Antifa Nazi babies.

That's a mash-up to give one nightmares!

sixpick
Professor Quiet
5  sixpick    6 years ago

I have to ask myself, whether you like Netanyahu or not, what do you expect Israel to do?  Going back to 1967 borders is out of the question, don't you realize that?   Do you realize if they do that, they will certainly be wiped off the map? 

Personally I wouldn't want to live in Israel, even if I was a Jew.  I'd compare it to living on a small island surrounded by crocodiles.  So, tell me, all those who seem to not support some things about Israel, what do you think they should do?  Don't be offended by anyone who thinks you've lost your mind if you vote for those who don't seem to have your best interest in mind. 

Not one single elected Democrat that I know attended the implementation of the Jerusalem Embassy Act.  Think of how many years have gone by and everything remains the same with no solution.  Israel's enemies don't hate Israel any more or less because of the JEA.

Why does your media seem to support Israel's enemies?  I just want to know what you and your media thinks Israel should do or could do that would change the intentions of Israel's enemies?

When the Fascists, White Supremacists, Antifa (Communists), all the Muslim countries, and Extremes from both sides on college campuses seem to hate Israel, what would satisfy them?

What would any of you who have been offended suggest that would keep you from voting for the continued existence of Israel?  Or better yet, why do you vote against Israel?

What could Israel do to gain your support?

I'm at a loss.  Militarily, 1967 borders guarantee annihilation of Israel.  Most people coming across our borders are coming for a better life, but most, if not all people who would be coming across their border would be coming to kill Jews.  Please don't be offended by what seems to be a logical assumption.  Offer some suggestions.

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  sixpick @5    6 years ago
So, tell me, all those who seem to not support some things about Israel, what do you think they should do?

As a result of the '67 war, two occupations were ended-- the Jordanian occupation of the West Bank, and the Egyptian occupation of Gaza. Control turned over to Israel. (Contrary to a commonly held misconception, before the Israeli occupation of those two areas began (1967) those areas were not a Palestinian state-- they were occupied by Egypt and Jordan).

Although, ironically, those demanding an end to any Israeli Occupations never issued a word condemning the illegal Jordanian and Egyptian occupations of land that was supposed to become a new country to be called "Palestine".

So the West Bank and Gaza were occupied by Israel since 1967. Then in 2005 Israel did something I consider to be a big mistake-- while they continued to occupy one area (the West Bank)-- they actually unilaterally ended the occupation of the other (Gaza!).... (IMO the mistake they made was withdrawing and turning Gaza over to Palestinian rule without making any demands in return!

(The demand they should've made was simple-- they should've demanded the Arabs sign a peace treaty in return for ending the Occupation of Gaza. 

And after the total withdrawal from Gaza, they planned to slowly begin withdrawing from the other area (the "West Bank).

But they didn't.

Why?

Because after they left Gaza and turned it over to Arab self-rule... that's when the YUGE volleys of rockets from Gaza started! And the majority of Israelis-- even those favouring the end of the Occupation, realized that ending the Occupation of the West Bank too would not bring peace. They realized that if they ended the Occupation of the West Bank, then their tiny country would be facing rockets, aimed at civilian targets in Israel-- coming from Isides! (Which meant, among other things, that their airport would've been totally shut down as it was  in range of rockets).

So while they did end the Occupation of Gaza (with disastrous results) they finally woke up in time to stop the planned withdrawal from the West Bank!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  sixpick @5    6 years ago

I've seen the suggestion already that Israel should be moved to Antarctica, but my concern is that the Penguins would have no trouble convincing the UN otherwise.