╌>

Anatomy of a Smear: How the Media Created a Malicious Lie About Trump's 'Animals' Comment

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  heartland-american  •  6 years ago  •  256 comments

Anatomy of a Smear: How the Media Created a Malicious Lie About Trump's 'Animals' Comment

On Wednesday afternoon, President Donald Trump hosted a "California sanctuary state roundtable" discussion at the White House. Infamously, he referred to violent MS-13 gang members as "animals." Americans wouldn't get that impression from reading Thursday's headlines, however.

"Trump Calls Some Unauthorized Immigrants ‘Animals’ in Rant," screamed The New York Times's Julie Hirschfeld Davis. Her article referenced MS-13 only once, buried as an aside in the third paragraph: "He exhorted his administration to 'do much better' in keeping out undesirable people, including members of transnational gangs like MS-13."

USA TODAY ran with the headline "Trump ramps up rhetoric on undocumented immigrants: 'These aren't people. These are animals.'" To their credit, Gregory Corte and Alan Gomez included a bit more context than The New York Times did. Even so, MS-13 did not come up until the fourth paragraph, and the opening sentence suggested that the president was "calling undocumented immigrants 'animals.'"

NPR's Scott Neuman ran with the same kind of twisted headline: "During Roundtable, Trump Calls Some Unauthorized Immigrants 'Animals.'" Unlike USA TODAY and The New York Times, Neuman updated the story, including remarks from counselor to the president Kellyanne Conway and press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders.

Perhaps worse than these selective headlines, various media outlets shared a selectively edited clip of Trump's comments on Twitter. The clip removed the vital context of his comments — along with any mention of MS-13 — suggesting that the president was referring to all illegal immigrants as "animals."

CNN shared the context-less video, complete with a quote from Trump. "We're taking people out of the country. You wouldn't believe how bad these people are. These aren't people — these are animals," CNN quoted. The outlet provided a context without any mention of MS-13: "During a meeting with public officials who oppose California’s sanctuary policies, Pres. Trump criticized US immigration laws."  

While Trump did make the remarks at a meeting about California's sanctuary policies, that disclaimer does not count as context to explain the "animals" comment. Even so, each outlet seemed to think it did. Here's ABC News:  CBS News did the same, identifying the target of Trump's "animals" remark as "some undocumented immigrants."  

NBC News provided even less context. The outlet didn't attempt to reinterpret Trump's remark as applying to illegal immigrants, but it also refused to mention MS-13.  

CSPAN did the same.  

The New York Times, once again the worst offender, tweeted: "Trump lashed out at undocumented immigrants during a White House meeting, calling those trying to breach the country’s borders 'animals.'" Notice the lack of that important qualifier, "some."  

Contrary to The New York Times, CNN, CBS News, and others, Trump clearly was referring not just to "undocumented immigrants" but to MS-13 members in particular.

Trump opened the event discussing the threat of violent gang members. He attacked sanctuary state laws because they harbor violent criminals:

A law that forces the release of illegal immigrant criminals, drug dealers, gang members, and violent predators into your communities.
California’s law provides safe harbor to some of the most vicious and violent offenders on Earth, like MS-13 gang members putting innocent men, women, and children at the mercy of these sadistic criminals. But we’re moving them out of this country by the thousands. MS-13, we’re grabbing them by the thousands and we’re getting them out, Kevin.

The New York Times Womansplains Jordan Peterson, Slandering Him as Pro-Patriarchy
Here is the exchange in question, in its proper context:

SHERIFF MIMS: Thank you. There could be an MS-13 member I know about — if they don’t reach a certain threshold, I cannot tell ICE about it.
THE PRESIDENT: We have people coming into the country, or trying to come in — and we’re stopping a lot of them — but we’re taking people out of the country. You wouldn’t believe how bad these people are. These aren’t people. These are animals. And we’re taking them out of the country at a level and at a rate that’s never happened before. And because of the weak laws, they come in fast, we get them, we release them, we get them again, we bring them out. It’s crazy.

Conway called out the attacks for what they were — a sensational rush to judgment. "Others who rushed to judgment to get the President rather than to get the story owe [President Trump]- and the grieving loved ones who have lost family members to gang violence - an apology," the counselor tweeted.  

At a press conference Thursday, Sarah Huckabee Sanders clarified that Trump was "very clearly referring to MS-13 gang members who enter the country illegally and whose deportations are hamstrung by our laws."

As if there were any remaining doubt, the president himself explained, "I'm referring and you know I'm referring to the MS-13 gangs that are coming in. I was talking about the MS-13. And if you look a little bit further on in the tape you'll see that. So I'm actually surprised that you're asking this question 'cause most people got it right."

"MS-13, these are animals," he continued on Thursday. "They're coming into our country, we're getting them out. They come in again, we're getting them out. We need strong immigration laws. ... We have laws that are laughed at on immigration. So when the MS-13 comes in, when the other gang members come into our country, I refer to them as animals and guess what? I always will."

Sarah Huckabee Sanders further defended Trump's remarks. "If the media and liberals want to defend MS-13, they're more than welcome to," she said. "Frankly, I don't think the term that the president used was strong enough. MS-13 has done heinous acts."

"It took an animal to stab a man 100 times and decapitate him and rip his heart out," she added. "It took an animal to beat a woman they were sex trafficking with a bat 28 times, indenting part of her body. And it took an animal to kidnap, drug and rape a 14-year-old Houston girl."

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) attacked Trump's "animals" comment. "Does he not believe in the spark of divinity, the dignity and worth of every person?" she asked, insisting that "we are all God's children."

Three Tragic Consequences of America’s Post-Truth Culture
Pelosi was right to attack Trump's comment as dehumanizing from a Christian perspective. Even though human beings are inherently sinful and capable of doing utterly heinous acts, they cannot lose their dignity as made in the image of God. This does not make all people "God's children," however — only those who believe in Jesus have that right (John 1).

The inherent dignity of all people is a central moral foundation for Western civilization and the American idea. Trump's comments do arguably threaten that. Even so, attacking violent murderous MS-13 gang members as "animals" is something extremely different from dehumanizing all illegal — or "undocumented" — immigrants.

Trump's comments may still have been wrong and even slightly offensive, but that doesn't make the misreporting of outlets like The New York Times any more innocent. One of the worst effects of America's polarization and post-truth culture is this disastrous idea that so long as someone opposes my team's enemies (Trump or the Left) they must, therefore, be virtuous. Americans — and especially outlets like The New York Times— should defend truth, even at the expense of their own tribal camp.

Some journalists did rise to this occasion. CNN's Oliver Darcy called out various media outlets for misrepresenting Trump's comments, and CNN's Jake Tapper helped spread the message.  

Tapper later tweeted screenshots of the White House transcript showing the full context.  

He also retweeted Rep. Carlos Curbelo (R-Fla.), who called the Left's outrage "disgusting" and declared, "Let the record reflect that I have no issue with people who murder & rape being referred to as 'animals.'"  Also to its credit, the Associated Press (AP) deleted a tweet about the "animals" comment, acknowledging that it quoted the remarks out of context.  

Whether or not Trump should have called MS-13 gang members "animals," the media should certainly have reported that the president did not just attack "some undocumented immigrants" this way. Intentionally removing the context or twisting the facts to make Trump out as an immigrant-hating bigot is dishonest, no matter how offensive the president's remarks were.

The New York Times Womansplains Jordan Peterson, Slandering Him as Pro-Patriarchy    https://pjmedia.com/trending/anatomy-of-a-smear-how-the-media-created-a-malicious-lie-about-trumps-animals-comment/

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1  seeder  XXJefferson51    6 years ago

Yesterday, Fresno County California Sheriff Margaret Mims expressed frustration to President Trump over her inability to crack down on violent illegal immigrant gang members because of California’s new sanctuary state laws.

Sheriff Mims concluded her remarks saying, “There can be an MS-13 gang member I know about, if they don’t reach a certain threshold, I cannot tell ICE about them.”

In responding, President Trump referred to MS-13 gang members as “animals” and pledged to continue to remove them from the country as fast as possible.

But if you picked up a newspaper this morning, you’d be reading a far different story. What you would be reading is that President Trump called all immigrants “animals.”

It’s not just a few left-leaning publications that wrongly reported the President’s statement, it’s nearly every major outlet.

To call out just a few….

The Associated Press and USA Today wrongly stated the President referred to all undocumented immigrants as “animals.” (The AP is now in the process of correcting it 15 hours later)   https://gop.com/a-media-lie-that-spread-like-wildfire/

epistte
Junior Guide
1.1  epistte  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1    6 years ago

People are not animals, no matter what the situation is.

Stop trying to defend the indefensible. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  epistte @1.1    6 years ago

I admit that trump insulted animals when he called the human debris that make up MS-13 animals.  Otherwise, I stand by Trump and agree that those who participate in MS-13 gang crimes are less than human.  Sub human even.  It is good that Trump puts partisan secular progressive democrats and their msm allies in the position of defending gang killers and rapists in order to attack him.  

epistte
Junior Guide
1.1.2  epistte  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1.1    6 years ago
It is good that Trump puts partisan secular progressive democrats and their msm allies in the position of defending gang killers and rapists in order to attack him.

I am not defending the actions of gang killers and rapists, despite your attempt to spin what I said.  Call them rapists and gang members instead of trying to attack their existence as less than human. Calling people less than human is what Hitler did before the Jewish genocide. 

It is obvious that you cannot defend Trump without creating strawmen and attacking me.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
1.1.3  sixpick  replied to  epistte @1.1    6 years ago

I hope it's not too much trouble for you to look at this video epistte and then tell me what you think of the MS13 gangs.  I'm sure happy to see many Americans are unleashing themselves from all this Political Correctness that has infected so many in this country where it is more important to be PC than face the facts.

I've also provided you with a couple of jokers.... This is why so many remain so out of touch with reality.  They listen to these nuts all day.

Notice this is from the Associated Press.  I didn't know they had a comedy channel.  The Associated Press is just as bad as the Washington Post and the NYT for twisting the truth or outright lying to its views and readers.

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
1.1.4  Rmando  replied to  epistte @1.1.2    6 years ago

Calling people less than human is what Hillary did in her deplorables speech.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.5  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  epistte @1.1.2    6 years ago

So since you violated Godwin’s law and brought Hitler into the discussion, if Trump had called Hitler and his genocidal Nazi henchmen animals, would you be defending those Nazis as human and attacking Trump.  Do you think the MS-13 gangsters deserve the human dignity they denied their victims?  Trump was right to call MS-13 members animals just as it is ok to call the Nazis that.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.6  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Rmando @1.1.4    6 years ago

But that’s different!  We are Americans and working class conservatives.  To the secular progressive and Hillary , we are much worse than some illegal immigrant gang bangers.  

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1.7  Greg Jones  replied to  epistte @1.1    6 years ago

I'm sorry, but some people are worse than animals. Animals kill to survive, MS-13 and its equivalents kill for fun and profit.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.1.8  Jasper2529  replied to  sixpick @1.1.3    6 years ago
I hope it's not too much trouble for you to look at this video epistte and then tell me what you think of the MS13 gangs.  I'm sure happy to see many Americans are unleashing themselves from all this Political Correctness that has infected so many in this country where it is more important to be PC than face the facts.

Great first video, but I doubt he'll watch 42 minutes of MS-13 reality and then discuss. PC is a big part of what has been destroying our country.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1.9  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  epistte @1.1    6 years ago

You should look up the definition of "animal".  

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
1.1.10  magnoliaave  replied to  epistte @1.1    6 years ago

the gang are animals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
1.1.11  lennylynx  replied to  epistte @1.1    6 years ago

People are indeed, animals, we are a type of ape.  African apes like chimps are more closely related to humans than they are to Asian apes like orangutans.  You can't group the apes together without including humans.  Just sayin!

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
1.1.12  magnoliaave  replied to  epistte @1.1.2    6 years ago

Oh, stop with your rhetoric. 

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
1.1.13  lennylynx  replied to  magnoliaave @1.1.12    6 years ago

Stop saying 'rhetoric' Mango!  Happy   Having coffee and peanut butter cookies for breakfast...

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.1.14  Jasper2529  replied to  epistte @1.1    6 years ago

You might want to learn the taxonomy of Homo Sapiens. Pay close attention to the name of the Kingdom to which we belong.  

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.1.15  Jasper2529  replied to  epistte @1.1    6 years ago

Explain to me how you would defend this?

Police: MS-13 men beat sex-trafficked girl with bat 28 times, 'indented' part of her body

A female human trafficking victim too young to legally drive a car or buy a lottery ticket was savagely beaten with a bat by a pack of incensed MS-13 members, Montgomery County Police said.

Late last month, Ivan Alexis Pena-Rodriguez, 20, Yervin Josue Romero-Rivera, 21, and Miguel Angel Ayala-Rivera, 24, were all formally charged with first-degree assault, plus other assorted criminal counts.
MS-13 members clobber 15yo prostitute with bat 28 times because she was “not doing a good job”-MoCo Police say.

The five men took turns hitting girl in backyard of a Kensington MS-13 hangout house.

The girl was left bloody, her skin discolored + her buttocks “indented.”

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.16  Vic Eldred  replied to  epistte @1.1    6 years ago

But that is not what the media said. They claimed he was talking about "immigrants". Now we have more spin that nobody should be called an "animal"!

Such hypocrisy:

On October 9, 2016, just weeks prior to Trump’s upset presidential victory, Navarro, who CNN still falsely advertises as a Republican, tweeted the following from her verified Twitter account, “Should Donald Trump drop out of the race? Yes. He should drop out of the human race. He is an animal. Apologies to animals.”

Tapping-into-God%E2%80%99s-Well-of-Wisdo

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
1.1.18  Rmando  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.16    6 years ago

Navarro said that only slave owners and Nazis would describe another person as an animal. I guess that makes her having a self described Nazi and slave owner mentality.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.19  Vic Eldred  replied to  Rmando @1.1.18    6 years ago

Ya, I got a kick out of that. They eat that up over on CNN, the few haters that still tune in

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.1.20  cjcold  replied to  magnoliaave @1.1.10    6 years ago

By definition we are all animals.

Since Trump has such a limited vocabulary, that's as good as he can do. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.21  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  lennylynx @1.1.11    6 years ago

We are not related to any other animal.  We are special creations in the image of God.  No apes or crap like that in our past.  

sixpick
Professor Quiet
1.1.22  sixpick  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.16    6 years ago

I heard her for the first time last night on a YouTube.  She is a vicious woman.  There's not other person on CNN that can beat her out of being one of the most vicious people I've seen.  And she's not like Nancy Pelosi, who is traveling somewhere in La La land every time I heard her say anything, this lady is rabid, I mean ate up with it.

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
1.1.26  lennylynx  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1.21    6 years ago

All living things are interrellated, HA, not only do we share a common ancestor with the other great apes, we even share a common ancestor with the pine trees!  Modern genetic knowledge is truly fascinating.  Humans are part of the earth's biosphere just like every other biological life form.  This is painfully obvious.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.27  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  epistte @1.1.2    6 years ago

For the record and to be perfectly clear; the members of MS-13 who commit their gang banging crimes ARE animals.  With apologies to the animal 🦓 🦒 kingdom.  

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1.1.28  KDMichigan  replied to  epistte @1.1    6 years ago

Then what are we but anything but so called civilized mammals? 

There is no such thing as god and all we are is a piss ant on this part of the history of the Earth.

MS-13 are barbaric animals unless they are what you prefer to date your offspring then hey, rock on.

Quit being offended like them people that need safe spaces and coloring books.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.29  Tessylo  replied to  Rmando @1.1.4    6 years ago
'Calling people less than human is what Hillary did in her deplorables speech.'

Nah, she was just calling it as she saw it - as all of us see it - except the Donald Rump supporters.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.30  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.29    6 years ago

Which are half the country she talied badly about

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.31  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.29    6 years ago

Which are half the country she talied badly about

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.32  Tessylo  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1.31    6 years ago

No way in hell are half the country deplorable donald rump supporters.  26%

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.33  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.32    6 years ago

He won the election with 26% and all the non voters opposed him?   Not!  LOLlaughing dudeDigging a wholethumbs down

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
1.1.34  arkpdx  replied to  epistte @1.1.2    6 years ago

Calling people less than human is what Hitler did before the Jewish genocide. 

the difference is that Hitler was wrong and Trump is 100% accurate. MS-13 is made up of animals. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.35  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  arkpdx @1.1.34    6 years ago

Well said.  ClappingThumbs Up 2Liberals have no excuse for attacking Trump because he labeled the heinous criminals of MS-13 as animals.  Face PalmToo Much Info

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.36  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to    6 years ago

That’s for sure.  Thanks for pointing that out.  ClappingI bow to youThumbs Up 2

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
2  Rmando    6 years ago

If the liberal media were honest they would have nothing to say. If Trump said the sky is blue the left would line up to deny just because they refuse to agree with him on anything.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
2.1  SteevieGee  replied to  Rmando @2    6 years ago

The conservative media seems more concerned with the treatment of Trump than with the gangs.

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
2.1.1  Rmando  replied to  SteevieGee @2.1    6 years ago

The conservative media is outnumbered by the massive amount of left wing media and still managed to pull in more viewers.

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
2.1.2  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Rmando @2.1.1    6 years ago
The conservative media is outnumbered by the massive amount of left wing media and still managed to pull in more viewers.

I dont doubt that comparing one news outlet to another news outlet. The liberal viewership is divided up among many outlets. So, total liberal viewership compared to total conservative viewership may be quite different.

As far as I know America is still fairly equally devided between the ideologies. With registered Independents actually having more numbers than  either the republican or democratic parties at this time.

That indicates to me that neither party is worth a shit anymore and also the reason I left both parties years ago myself. Neither seemed t have MY best interests at heart. Its all about their power and wealth. Well screw them, they work for US. Not the other way around !

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.1.3  Raven Wing  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @2.1.2    6 years ago
that neither party is worth a shit anymore and also the reason I left both parties years ago myself. Neither seemed t have MY best interests at heart.

Very true, and why I left both parties as well. Both parties have the same "It's all about me" and "I got mine so to Hell with you" attitude toward the American people in general, and it is reflected in the policies and platforms they stand for. Neither is for the American people, no matter how many lies they tell that they do. The only use they have for the people is their votes when it is time for election or re-election. Otherwise, their attitude toward those who voted for them is 'screw you suckers". 

I want nothing to do with either party. They don't truthfully represent the American people, just their own party agenda and their own greedy pockets.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
2.1.4  cjcold  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @2.1.2    6 years ago

In the immortal words of Walt Kelly, "we have met the enemy and they are us"   Pogo.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
2.1.5  cjcold  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @2.1.2    6 years ago

So by definition, the liberal media speaks truths and the conservative media only partisan lies.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.6  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  cjcold @2.1.5    6 years ago

Simply a ridiculous sweeping generalization.  Digging a wholethumbs down

Sophomore Guide
2.2  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Rmando @2    6 years ago
the left would line up to deny just because they refuse to agree with him on anything

yep  now some of you cons understand what the libs dealt with when Obama was president. 

As an independent, I think its hilarious and ironic as hell. 

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
2.2.1  magnoliaave  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @2.2    6 years ago

No, he did not deal with the onslaught of verbal abuse that Pres. Trump does.....Obama had the media in his pocket.  Also, considering the fact that he was black any disagreements one had over his policies was met with being racist.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.2.2  Raven Wing  replied to  magnoliaave @2.2.1    6 years ago

"No, he did not deal with the onslaught of verbal abuse that Pres. Trump does"

Your comment is a lie, pure and simple. Obama and his wife endlessly endured the most racist, hateful, demeaning, denigrating and out right low life verbal attacks by the right wingers throughout his 8 years in office, more than any President in history, and far more than Trump has had. 

Best to educate yourself before you make such incorrect statements. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  Raven Wing @2.2.2    6 years ago

Maybe you should refrain from calling people liars.

Post your memories of those 8 years, without calling people liars. I agree with Mags, the MSM all but had intercourse Obama. PBS even covered one of his legendary mistakes. They were obvious to may of us. Stick to backing up your comments, no name calling

pat wilson
Professor Participates
2.2.4  pat wilson  replied to  magnoliaave @2.2.1    6 years ago
No, he did not deal with the onslaught of verbal abuse that Pres. Trump does

Of course not.

Obama was not a scandal-ridden, sexual harassing, egotistical, ignorant, tantrum throwing, twittering dolt. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.5  Vic Eldred  replied to  pat wilson @2.2.4    6 years ago

Obama was an ideologue who tried to transform America into an Orwellian state.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.2.6  Raven Wing  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.3    6 years ago
Maybe you should refrain from calling people liars

Maybe you should take a course in reading comprehension, as you obviously are unable to comprehend what I wrote. I did not call her a liar, I said her statement was a lie. 

As far as the rest of your snarky comment, the same usual right wing rhetoric nonsense. Not in the least interested. 

Sophomore Guide
2.2.7  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Raven Wing @2.2.2    6 years ago
Best to educate yourself before you make such incorrect statements.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.2.8  Raven Wing  replied to  pat wilson @2.2.4    6 years ago

Thumbs Up 2  Clapping

Sophomore Guide
2.2.9  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.5    6 years ago

trump is much more dictator like, is he of your liking ? 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.10  Vic Eldred  replied to  Raven Wing @2.2.6    6 years ago
I did not call her a liar, I said her statement was a lie.

That is called skirting the Coc. In other words you are trying to technically not call her that, while in effect doing just that. Congratulations, you may get away with it!

As far as the rest of your snarky comment

To quote Barak Obama "Let's call it a teaching moment"

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.2.11  Raven Wing  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @2.2.7    6 years ago

As well as:

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.2.12  Raven Wing  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.10    6 years ago
Congratulations, you may get away with it!

Oh please. If you have a problem with it Flag it, don't just sit around and make derogatory, snarky remarks that make you look silly.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.13  Vic Eldred  replied to  Raven Wing @2.2.12    6 years ago
Oh please. If you have a problem with it Flag it,

I already have

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
2.2.14  Rmando  replied to  pat wilson @2.2.4    6 years ago

Ignorance?

Some of Obamas greatest hits:

"The cops behaved stupidly."

"If I had a son he'd look like Trayvon."

"I guess the shovel ready jobs weren't so shovel ready."

"People clinging to their God, guns and religion."

"If you like your plan you can keep it."

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.15  Vic Eldred  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @2.2.9    6 years ago

Let me answer that completely. Early on in the RNC primaries, when we were on NV somebody asked me who I was voting for. I responded that I was voting for Marco Rubio, a moderate, for a variety of reasons, however if I thought Trump could win, he would get my vote. The reason for that is that Barak Obama had partially accomplished what he wanted to do with this country, a country he saw as deeply flawed. Trump was and now is the man to dial all that back. Rubio could never have done it. He was too easily intimidated by the media and as I found out a terrible campaigner. So, ya, I am happy with the results

Sophomore Guide
2.2.16  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Rmando @2.2.14    6 years ago

I kinda like trumps too:

Lock her up, mexico's Wall, deport them all, clear the swamp, no golfing, I'll appoint the Best of the Best... Funny stuff !!

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.2.17  Raven Wing  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.13    6 years ago

"I already have"

Then why did you feel the need to make a comment about it, which you are not supposed to do according to the Moderators? But, I guess it makes your day, and makes you feel important. Glad I could help with that. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.18  Vic Eldred  replied to  Raven Wing @2.2.17    6 years ago
Glad I could help with that.

Your very welcome

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.2.19  Raven Wing  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.10    6 years ago
To quote Barak Obama "Let's call it a teaching moment"

In order to teach something, there needs to be a qualified person to do that. When you can provide someone who is qualified to teach, then I will be glad to learn from them. However, you do not meet that qualification. 

Sophomore Guide
2.2.20  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.15    6 years ago
So, ya, I am happy with the results

Good for you, I guess, personally trump and his ways scares the crap out of me when I think of what he could do to the American political system in the long run. We have always had 546 people in charge of this country not one man leading it. 

I say Good Luck America. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.21  Vic Eldred  replied to  Raven Wing @2.2.19    6 years ago
When you can provide someone who is qualified to teach, then I will be glad to learn from them. However, you do not meet that qualification.

That's not necessarily true. You can learn a lot from those who are neither qualified as teachers, nor formally educated. I refer you to Abraham Lincoln.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.22  Vic Eldred  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @2.2.20    6 years ago
We have always had 546 people in charge of this country not one man leading it.

We have 3 branches of government. Even if you don't like the President, he gets to lead the executive branch. Congress is divided, which perfectly reflects our society right now.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.2.23  Raven Wing  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.21    6 years ago

True, but, you do not meet those their level of qualification, or interest. Sorry. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.24  Vic Eldred  replied to  Raven Wing @2.2.23    6 years ago
True

I'll take that as a concession. It's been a pleasure, as always

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
2.2.25  arkpdx  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @2.2.20    6 years ago

I'll bet you weren't so upset when there was one man in his office with his "pen and phone" attempting to dictate to the country through his abuse of executive orders. 

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
2.2.26  Rmando  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @2.2.16    6 years ago

"I kinda like trumps too:

Lock her up, mexico's Wall, deport them all, clear the swamp, no golfing, I'll appoint the Best of the Best... Funny stuff !!"

No, that's all good stuff. Hillary should be locked up, along with the rest of the deep state. We do need a wall with Mexico. And I'll take any of Trumps appointments over Eric Holder, John Kerry, Lois Lerner or James Comey.

Sophomore Guide
2.2.27  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  arkpdx @2.2.25    6 years ago
I'll bet you weren't so upset when there was one man in his office with his "pen and phone" attempting to dictate to the country through his abuse of executive orders.

And you'd be wrong. I have never been a fan of executive orders. IMO they are written in invisible ink. The next president can resend them at will, screwing over the people that  the order was written to protect. The American indians and now the DACA people learned this shit the hard way, I dont need to. 

Sophomore Guide
2.2.29  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.22    6 years ago
Congress is divided, which perfectly reflects our society right now.

IMO our own politicians and the media is responsible for Americas division . They did it to gain power and profit, we all suffer because of it now and our country does as well. 

divide and conquer.. enter president trump

Good Luck America.

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
2.2.30  lennylynx  replied to    6 years ago

Obama is a fine man and was a great President.  He was intelligent, respectful, civil, and he actually explained his positions on things.  Donald Trump is a lifelong con artist and total piece of shit.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.2.31  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.13    6 years ago

ClappingThumbs Up 2la de da

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.2.32  Raven Wing  replied to  lennylynx @2.2.30    6 years ago
Donald Trump is a lifelong con artist and total piece of shit.

Thumbs Up 2  I bow to you

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.2.33  Raven Wing  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.24    6 years ago
I'll take that as a concession. It's been a pleasure, as always

Not at all. But, my pleasure. Time to move on. 

Sophomore Guide
2.2.34  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Rmando @2.2.26    6 years ago
And I'll take any of Trumps appointments

most of trumps appointees have little to No experience in the field he appoints them to. His appointees are appointed it seems because they agree with trump and are LOYAL to HIM not because they are the "Best of the Best" for the position they recieve. yet another bogus bit of BS from our leader and commander in chief.  "The Best of the Best",,, LOL How many have already resigned or been tossed aside ? 

He should have said; "The best of the best" ... for ME. Then It would have been the truth.

Watch as trump continues to consolidate power with his appointees.

Before long we could have a one man government with many YES men lackeys in tow.  

Good Luck America !

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
2.2.35  arkpdx  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @2.2.9    6 years ago

Do tell, just how is Trump "dictator like"? Give some examples .

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
2.2.36  arkpdx  replied to  lennylynx @2.2.30    6 years ago
Donald Trump is a lifelong con artist and total piece of shit

Hey! That is the same thing I say about the Clinton's! Imagine that! 

Sophomore Guide
2.2.37  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  arkpdx @2.2.35    6 years ago
just how is Trump "dictator like"?

dictators have  totalitarian regimes, keeping their power through control of the mass media.

Many dictators foster cults of personality , a form of hero worship in which the masses are fed propaganda declaring their leader to be flawless  Critics spoke of them as being  megalomaniacal and extremely narcissistic .

it's often the case that a state of emergency or a coup d'etat results in a dictator coming to power. However, there have been dictators who got there legally. Adolf Hitler, for example, was appointed chancellor, or head of government, by President Paul von Hindenburg in 1933. After Hindenburg died, Hitler made himself Fü­hrer (a combination of president and chancellor).

In addition to being political leaders, dictators often hold the highest military office in their state as well.

Saddam Hussein was originally the general of the Iraqi Army and vice president. He gained more power as the president at the time, Ahmed Hassan al-Bakr, became ill. Hussein officially became president in 1979.

Clue #1. It is my observation that President Trump’s primary “go to personality,” has a distinct, “do-not-misunderstand-me,” authoritarian dynamic. Those who gravitate to adapting the authoritarian personality are dictators. They dictate to their wives, their children, their employees, their parents - even their assigned secret service agents (“Take this bag up to Suite 4011 and leave it.”). They have wide personal reputations as ass holes. It is thought that some voters value this ass hole factor as a prized feature and select a candidate based on its presence. Some say it explains why a certain segment of our society voted for Trump.

Clue #2. Not only does he admire known dictators, his only known reading is from a translation of Hitler’s Mein Kampf. Daily he is putting on a national workshop on “how to talk authoritarian.” He’s always out in plain view of everyone - on TV; and on Twitter.

Clue #3. You may have noticed he doesn’t understand how a Democracy works? This is despite growing up in New York City. He thinks the FBI works for him; he thinks the Attorney General is there to protect him; he thought the Congress is there to pass his bills - this list goes on and on in quotation marks; they are all things he has not been afraid to say out loud in public, as if an ignorant dictator. His Cabinet is not made up of experts in their fields - they there for their loyalty to Trump and as managers to execute his orders; which in several instances are to dismantle at least the archival and the regulatory structures of said departments and dismiss effective personnel.

Clue #4. He expressed his admiration for the success of the Chinese dictator for securing the title of President for Life. He congratulated Xi Jinping and said he wondered how he did this extraordinary achievement (Xi is - again, a dictator; he dictated it)? He has commented a number of times his admiration for the Russian President Vladimir Putin for maintaining control in his country and hoped to learn from him. He recently congratulated Putin on his reelection (the entire world knew it was a sham, staged election). He confessed in an NBC interview that he fired the FBI Director (Comey) to get rid of the (FBI Collusion) Investigation thing. Even non Americans know this is obstruction of justice.

decide this issue for yourself based on the facts.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.2.38  Raven Wing  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @2.2.34    6 years ago
because they agree with trump and are LOYAL to HIM

Too bad that the loyalty is only one way. Once they have served their purpose, or become a burden to him, Trump simply kicks them to the curb like throwing out the trash. That is when they find our the hard way that their own loyalty to Trump is not only unappreciated, but, makes them look like fools in the end. 

Sophomore Guide
2.2.39  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Raven Wing @2.2.38    6 years ago
Too bad that the loyalty is only one way. Once they have served their purpose, or become a burden to him, Trump simply kicks them to the curb like throwing out the trash.

yep you would think others would see that and recognise what loyalty to trump really means. More power for him unless you totally are agree with him then you're his buddy ... for now. 

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
2.2.40  arkpdx  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @2.2.37    6 years ago

keeping their power through control of the mass media.

You like by doing things like putting reporters under surveillance and wiretapping their phones? 

Oops!  It was Obama that did that! 

Many dictators foster cultsof personality, a form of hero worship in which the masses are fed propaganda declaring their leader to be flawless

Gee  guess who that sounds like .Yep,  Obama again or have you forgotten how the left was spouting about how perfect he was that the only reason someone could be against him was race

Critics spoke of them as being megalomaniacal and extremely narcissistic.

Those two traits are prerequisites to becoming a politician in the first place. Obama used the word "I" in his speeches more than anyone  has ever done 

In addition to being political leaders, dictators often hold the highest military office in their state as well.

You do know that the President of the US is the Commander in Chief of the military and has been since its founding right? 

even their assigned secret service agents (“Take this bag up to Suite 4011 and leave it.”). They have wide personal reputations as ass holes

Have you seen any of the reports on how Hillary treated the White House staff and her campaign staff including the Secret Service?

Not only does he admire known dictator

You mean dictators like Castro and Hugo Chavez? Nope!  That was Obama. 

You may have noticed he doesn’t understand how a Democracy works? 

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
2.2.41  arkpdx  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @2.2.37    6 years ago
You may have noticed he doesn’t understand how a Democracy works?

You mean how when he, when unable to get something he wants through the Democratic process of getting a Congressional OK he'll  use his "phone" and his "pen" to go around them? 

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
2.2.42  SteevieGee  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.10    6 years ago
In other words you are trying to technically not call her that, while in effect doing just that.

That's not the case at all.  Maybe she's just misinformed.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.2.43  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @2.2.9    6 years ago

No, it was our former dear leader, king Barack/aka lord Barry who was a tin pot dictator who wanted to rule with a pencil ✏️ and a phone ☎️ And hated his country so much he denied our exceptional America and tried to transform our USA 🇺🇸 Into something we wanted nothing to do with.  

sixpick
Professor Quiet
2.2.44  sixpick  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.3    6 years ago

Oh, I remember those 8 years and here is a speech chalked full of facts for those who want to reminiscence for a little while.  This is a must see.  Facts, even coming from the MSM about those 8 years, but most of them have let us down big time.

You don't have to sit and watch this video or listen to this audio.  You can open another window here in The Newstalkers and do everything you want to do in that window while this video or audio plays in the background. 

This is the audio for you Buzz.  The file is too big to take the time to put it up as a video which would make it a whole lot bigger and take a whole lot longer.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.45  Vic Eldred  replied to  sixpick @2.2.44    6 years ago

So true. He really did a number on all of our institutions. The media wasn't strong enough, the Congressional Republicans weren't strong enough, nobody at the time was strong enough to stop him, but fortunately along came Donald Trump and finally we have begun to roll back the damage to this country.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.2.46  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Raven Wing @2.2.32    6 years ago

The real pos left the White House on Jan. 20, 2017 and was replaced by a great American.  

sixpick
Professor Quiet
2.2.47  sixpick  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @2.2.9    6 years ago

Not really.  There's nothing Trump has done that is not allowed in the Constitution for his position as President.  Obama, on the other hand, stepped all over the Constitution throughout his Presidency.  You may not like Trump or what he has done, but he has followed the Constitution, unlike Obama.  Trump is also transparent and Obama wasn't.  The Obama administration sued more whistle blowers than all the other administrations put together.  When the Liberal judges said Trump couldn't do something, he didn't do it, but Obama went on and did it anyway.

You may not like Trump or his big mouth, but he has followed the Constitution so far and all the spying on American citizens took a big jump under Obama, who acted as though he didn't know about it.  I see Obama, like Hillary's private server.  We all know Obama used the knowledge of the Constitution to get around it and Trump has been using it as a document to abide by.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.48  Vic Eldred  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.2.46    6 years ago

You may be happy to know, (as I am), that The President, who has thus far stayed clear of the DOJ, will formally request that the Justice Department look into whether the FBI "infiltrated or surveilled" his campaign for political reasons, as of TOMORROW!

"I hereby demand, and will do so officially tomorrow, that the Department of Justice look into whether or not the FBI/DOJ infiltrated or surveilled the Trump Campaign for Political Purposes - and if any such demands or requests were made by people within the Obama Administration!,"....President Trump

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.2.49  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.2.48    6 years ago

I started a seed on that very topic about an hour ago!  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.2.50  Vic Eldred  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.2.49    6 years ago

I just came back on. I got to look at topics first. Thanks, on my way over

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.2.51  Raven Wing  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @2.2.39    6 years ago
you're his buddy ... for now.

And that 'for now' can be for a very short time, depending on long he needs you, or how long before he feels you are a burden to him. From the looks of those he has already kicked to the curb, or those who have seen the light and got out while the getting is good and they can still manage to do so with some modicum of integrity and respectable reputation. 

Even those who happily supported him in Congress have seen the hand writing on the wall and are now jumping off the actively smoking and listing ship by the largest number in history while they can still maintain some reasonable amount of respect and integrity. 

sixpick
Professor Quiet
2.2.52  sixpick  replied to  arkpdx @2.2.40    6 years ago

http://larsenfinancial.us/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/malignant-narcissism-narcissist-obama.jpg

sixpick
Professor Quiet
2.2.53  sixpick  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @2.2.37    6 years ago

dictators have totalitarian regimes, keeping their power through control of the mass media.

Many dictators foster cults of personality, a form of hero worship in which the masses are fed propaganda declaring their leader to be flawless  Critics spoke of them as being megalomaniacal and extremely narcissistic.

Yea, that's Obama and that's his fan club.  We on the other hand recognize the flaws in Trump, but never did I ever hear anyone from the Left criticize Obama.  It's the same now.  They still don't realize how he duped them for 8 years.

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.2.54  bugsy  replied to  Raven Wing @2.2.2    6 years ago
Obama and his wife endlessly endured the most racist, hateful, demeaning, denigrating and out right low life verbal attacks

You are right. They did, but only by the far right fringe. Not the mainstream conservative or moderate Republican. Today, Trump and his entire family are being openly viciously attacked by mainstream democrats and liberals. Watch any late night show for proof, especially Kimmel.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
2.2.55  cjcold  replied to  Raven Wing @2.2.32    6 years ago

His parents shipped him off to military school in the hope that the military could cure him of being a bully and a rapist.

It didn't work. He's still a bully and a rapist.

How is it that this seriously flawed, pompous, mean, ignorant, arrogant, lying asshole of a fool is now president?

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.2.56  Raven Wing  replied to  bugsy @2.2.54    6 years ago
Watch any late night show for proof, especially Kimmel.

Afraid I can't do that. I don't own a TV, and haven't for 20 + years. Nothing worth watching on the idiot box, so no sense in paying for the cost of having one. 

However, I agree that it was not the moderate conservatives that cast the hateful and denigrating barbs at the Obama's. It was obvious where it was coming from. However, it is not proven fact that it is also all the moderate Democrats who are viciously attacking Trump in the same manner as well, just the accusations of the hard right.

I am not a Democrat, and am not affiliated with any political party, but, I have my own thoughts and feelings about both sides of the aisle. And neither side is without guilt in the vicious accusations that are hurled endlessly at both sides. I find it disgusting by both, yet, it is not all on either side that are guilty, only the radicals on both sides who do their best to keep the hatred stirred for their own personal or political agendas. The really sad part is, the number of people on both sides that fall into their traps and are willing to buy the lies and hate. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
2.2.57  bugsy  replied to  Raven Wing @2.2.56    6 years ago
However, it is not proven fact that it is also all the moderate Democrats who are viciously attacking Trump in the same manner as well, just the accusations of the hard right.

I agree with the majority of your post. Both "sides" have their loonies and those of us in the middle ned to see past them and get to what is right for the country, not for an ideology.

The above post, however, piqued my interest. Some of the most vile and vocal opponents of the President are the Hollywood liberal elite. I would not call most of them radical, but probably more moderate democratic. What they have not learned, however, is that the more they attack this president and his family, the more their movies and t ratings shrink and the more popular the presient becomes.

They need to stick to their own fantasy world and shut the hell up. Nobody wants to listen to them.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.2.58  Raven Wing  replied to  bugsy @2.2.57    6 years ago
What they have not learned, however, is that the more they attack this president and his family, the more their movies and t ratings shrink and the more popular the presient becomes.

I have to agree with you here. And again, that applies to both sides. While the right wing loonies were viciously bashing denigrating Obama and his wife, the more popular he became. The more the GOP Congress did their best to undercut and blocked him in every way, the more people supported him. It does work both ways, and the radicals on both sides don't seem to get it. 

Our Congress should not be used by either side as a political battleground. It should be used for what the Constitution created it for, to do the country's business, not to try to see how one side or the other can hog-tie the other side and prevent the necessary country's business from being done for the benefit of ALL the country and its people in a fair and judicious manner. Not see which side can our do the other for their political party at the expense of the American people and its safety. And that should apply to any President that sits in the Oval office at any time, regardless of which political party they are from. They should diligently represent ALL Americans and this country first, not just their own political party agenda. 

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
2.2.59  lennylynx  replied to  arkpdx @2.2.36    6 years ago

Woof! 

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
2.2.60  magnoliaave  replied to  Raven Wing @2.2.2    6 years ago

I know you are!

pat wilson
Professor Participates
2.2.61  pat wilson  replied to    6 years ago
The treatment that Trump gets from the media is far worse than Obama

Yeah, Trump IS far worse than Obama. Trump isn't one tenth of one percent the man Obama is.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
2.2.62  magnoliaave  replied to  magnoliaave @2.2.60    6 years ago

Ok, I am back to finish my post.

I am not a liar, Raven Wing.  And, I resent it.

If my opinion is different from yours I doesn't make what I said a lie. 

From the moment Trump became president he has had no support from major media and IMO has been divulged with negativism from the Pink Pussy Cat Hat protest to "screaming at the sky" protest.  Two of the most outrageous imbecilic waste of a human mind.

As people go, Obama, appears to be a nice person. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.63  Tessylo  replied to  magnoliaave @2.2.1    6 years ago
'No, he did not deal with the onslaught of verbal abuse that Pres. Trump does.....Obama had the media in his pocket.'  Makes No Sense

Unfrigginbelievable - what media was that that President Obama had in his pocket?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.64  Tessylo  replied to  sixpick @2.2.52    6 years ago

That's what Donald Rump is - a malignant narcissist.

You got that ass backwards.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.65  Tessylo  replied to  Rmando @2.2.14    6 years ago

Off topic [ph]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.66  Tessylo  replied to  bugsy @2.2.54    6 years ago
'Today, Trump and his entire family are being openly viciously attacked by mainstream democrats and liberals. Watch any late night show for proof, especially Kimmel.'

Attacked?  By comedians?  laughing dude   You forgot Stephen Colbert - he's a genius and he kicks Donald Rump's ass on a daily basis!   

donald rump and his administration of gangsters, thugs, grifters, and thieves give him endless supplies of material.  You forgot SNL.  chuckle

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.67  Tessylo  replied to  magnoliaave @2.2.62    6 years ago
'From the moment Trump became president he has had no support from major media'  laughing dude
You forgot 'Fux' 'news'

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.2.68  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  magnoliaave @2.2.62    6 years ago

I often  get called a liar by some because I state or seed an opinion that differs from those calling me a liar because they disagree with what I said or seeded.  We seem to have that in common.  

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.2.69  Raven Wing  replied to  magnoliaave @2.2.60    6 years ago
I know you are!

You don't know Jack about me, but, you take on the almighty airs that you think you do. That crystal ball you depend on to tell you all about everyone else obviously lies to you as well, as it don't know Jack about me either. So...don't play all big and mighty about you know about me, as you only make an azz out of yourself when you do. 

cjcold
Professor Quiet
2.3  cjcold  replied to  Rmando @2    6 years ago

Agreeing with a fool would be .....foolish.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3  Jasper2529    6 years ago

IMO, Trump actually complimented MS-13 by calling them animals, because animals don't kill for pleasure - they kill for survival.  The motto of MS-13 is

‘Mata, roba, viola, controla’ (Kill, steal, rape, control) 

I refer to MS-13 gang members as either thugs or savages, and my doing so has nothing to do with their ethnicity, race, or nationality.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
3.1  cjcold  replied to  Jasper2529 @3    6 years ago

Walking idiotic statements back is normal for Trump. "I didn't say that".

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3.1.1  Jasper2529  replied to  cjcold @3.1    6 years ago
Walking idiotic statements back is normal for Trump. "I didn't say that".

I will not engage in an immature pissing contest with you regarding Trump. The main focus of my comment 3    was MS-13's venality, thuggery, and utter disregard/disrespect of human life, I suggest that you focus on that when you address me regarding this topic in the future.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
3.1.2  cjcold  replied to  Jasper2529 @3.1.1    6 years ago
I will not engage in an immature pissing contest with you regarding Trump

Trump does that immature pissing contest quite well on his own.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
3.2  sixpick  replied to  Jasper2529 @3    6 years ago

What about rabid animals?  Anyone who would do what the MS13 gangs do are rabid!!!

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3.2.1  Jasper2529  replied to  sixpick @3.2    6 years ago
What about rabid animals?  Anyone who would do what the MS13 gangs do are rabid!!!

I've never researched the behavior of human animals infected with rabies, but if they behave like MS-13 gang members do, I suppose I could agree. 

cjcold
Professor Quiet
3.2.2  cjcold  replied to  Jasper2529 @3.2.1    6 years ago

MS-13 is no different than Trump and his crew. Power and money is what they crave.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.2.3  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  cjcold @3.2.2    6 years ago

That is a sweeping generalization of the worst order and a blood libel against our national administration and some 46% of the population of the country.  

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.2.4  Skrekk  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.2.3    6 years ago
a blood libel against our national administration

A rather ironic use of the term when applied to an administration which is cozy with neo-Nazis, KKK members and other white supremacists.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.5  Tessylo  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.2.3    6 years ago
'That is a sweeping generalization of the worst order and a blood libel against our national administration and some 46% of the population of the country.'

Is that 46% the population that supports Donald Rump?  Your numbers are way off - 26% is more like it.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.2.6  Trout Giggles  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.2.3    6 years ago

People who live in glass houses....(sweeping generalizations)

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.2.7  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Skrekk @3.2.4    6 years ago

The administration is not friendly or on good terms with any of those left wing national socialist and democrats party groups.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.2.8  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.2.6    6 years ago

believe me that I could not care less whether sweeping generalizations are used or not.  It’s meaningless to me when directed at me or my ideology and rolls off like nothing.  The banning of such in general here is the single dumbest and most stupid thing ever done on this site.  It’s just that if I can’t use them I’ll be darned if I won’t report it each and every single time a liberal here uses it after they complained so bitterly about it.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.2.9  Trout Giggles  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.2.8    6 years ago

Some of your rightie buddies did some complaining about them, too

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  JohnRussell    6 years ago

Donald Trump OFTEN deliberately misstates facts and situations in order to try and manipulate public opinion and also provide himself with an out if anyone complains about his statements ("that's not what I meant") He does this all the time. 

Although it appears he was probably referring to gang members in this particular reference,  let's face it, no one really ever knows what Donald Trump means. He is the least articulate president we have ever had. 

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
4.1  magnoliaave  replied to  JohnRussell @4    6 years ago

Listen. You supported Romney in his statement against Trump because you said he told the truth.  Then, give Trump a break and admit this was false reporting.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
4.1.1  sixpick  replied to  magnoliaave @4.1    6 years ago

Address the topic, not other members  {SP}

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
4.2  Rmando  replied to  JohnRussell @4    6 years ago

MS13 members are animals. It can't be any clearer than that. Maybe the media should do their jobs and report the facts.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
4.2.1  magnoliaave  replied to  Rmando @4.2    6 years ago

The FBI reports they are the most dangerous gang. They have even infiltrated the Gulf coast of AL and our law enforcement shows no mercy with kicking them out as soon as they are identified.....crime or no crime committed.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Rmando @4.2    6 years ago

Trump is the least articulate president we have ever had. He is the worst public speaker we have ever had as a president.

Part of the president's job is to make himself clear. It is no one's fault but Trumps that so often his words and statements are falsehood riddled jumbles. 

The truth is Trump wants it both ways. He deliberately leaves his comments open to various interpretations. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.2    6 years ago
Trump is the least articulate president we have ever had. He is the worst public speaker we have ever had as a president.

True.

Part of the president's job is to make himself clear. It is no one's fault but Trumps that so often his words and statements are falsehood riddled jumbles. 

He is clear enough. Obviously, the opposition/resistance media likes to twist, truncate and interpret what he says. Most of the so-called lies are msm fabrications

The truth is Trump wants it both ways. He deliberately leaves his comments open to various interpretations. 

Even if he did, it's obvious that the msm interprets in the most negative way possible. That is why the media has lost the public's trust. What a shame.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.4  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2.3    6 years ago
He is clear enough. Obviously, the opposition/resistance media likes to twist, truncate and interpret what he says. Most of the so-called lies are msm fabrications

You are in some sort of a dreamland Vic. There are hundreds if not thousands of examples of Trump making misleading statements. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2.5  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.4    6 years ago
You are in some sort of a dreamland Vic.

Then how do you explain all of those news organizations claiming that Trump called "immigrants" "animals, when it was clear to everyone else on the planet that he was talking about MS-13 ?

How do you explain Ana Navarro retreating to the next spin of "nobody should be called an animal", when she once called Trump an animal?

How do you keep on rationalizing this stuff?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2.6  Vic Eldred  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2.5    6 years ago

If John can't answer those questions maybe you can answer this one:

Why would Zeke Miller (Time reporter) claim that the MLK statue had been removed from the Oval Room shortly after President Trump moved into the White House?

He later had to walk that back by saying a camera man blocked his view of the statue.

Why John, WHY?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2.7  Vic Eldred  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2.6    6 years ago

Oh, I know, those darn camera guys are always in the way. Well, how about CNN not verifying a story on Trump collusion, resulting in the "resignation" of three of their (how should I say it) "journalists" ?

"Three journalists from  CNN ’s investigative unit are leaving the network after the retraction of their June 22 story connecting an ally of  President Trump  to a Russian investment fund. The story, citing an anonymous source, said Senate investigators were examining a meeting between Wall Street financier Anthony Scaramucci and an executive for the Russian Direct Investment Fund. The $10-billion fund makes direct investments in Russian companies. Scaramucci, who founded hedge fund specialist SkyBridge Capital, served on Trump's transition team.

CNN removed the story and all connecting links to it late Friday, saying the story did not meet its editorial standards. CNN also issued an apology to Scaramucci, who accepted it with a tweet on Saturday. "Everyone makes mistakes," he wrote. "Moving on." Scaramucci had said on Friday that the story is not true. Thomas Frank, who wrote the piece, Eric Lichtblau, an editor in the investigative unit, and Lex Haris, an editor at CNN since 2001 who oversaw the unit, are all departing following a management review of the story.
"In the aftermath of the retraction of a story published on CNN.com, CNN has accepted the resignations of the employees involved in the story's publication," a spokesman said Monday evening.

Why John, WHY?

Sophomore Guide
4.2.9  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to    6 years ago
Because you fail to understand all most everything doesn't mean Trump isn't clear.

BS: trump isn't clear because trump doesn't want to be clear. It leaves him openings for changing what he says. Words to trump dont mean much, he himself has said as much, to him it's deeds that count. In other words look for president trump to say whatever he wants to get what he wants or thinks he needs. 

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
4.2.10  lennylynx  replied to    6 years ago

Lol, Trump doesn't understand HIMSELF what he's babbling about, he's a clueless moron along with being a total piece of shit.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
4.2.11  cjcold  replied to    6 years ago

I knew Trump as an evil, idiotic, ignorant, vindictive, scumbag long before he ran for president.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.12  JohnRussell  replied to    6 years ago
Because you fail to understand all most everything doesn't mean Trump isn't clear. You like the propaganda media twist every word and only hear what you want hear  it is truly sad.

Comments like this are a disgrace to truth and a disgrace to this web site. 

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
4.2.13  Skrekk  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.4    6 years ago
There are hundreds if not thousands of examples of Trump making misleading statements.

I'm still waiting for our racist Glorious Leader to reveal all the "unbelievable" stuff which his crack team of investigators learned about where Obama was born.

"I have people that have been studying it and they cannot believe what they're finding," Trump said an interview that aired Thursday Morning.

Asked if he has assigned people specifically to search in Hawaii, Trump said, "Absolutely."

sixpick
Professor Quiet
4.2.14  sixpick  replied to  Rmando @4.2    6 years ago
MS13 members are animals. It can't be any clearer than that. Maybe the media should do their jobs and report the facts.

Do you think they don't realize their Media and Leaders are twisting the truth into something other than the truth?  I find it hard to believe anyone could fall for that.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
4.2.15  sixpick  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2.5    6 years ago
How do you keep on rationalizing this stuff?

He does the disappearing act.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
4.2.16  sixpick  replied to  lennylynx @4.2.10    6 years ago

Now Lenny, why don't you tell us what you really think of him. LOL

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2.17  Vic Eldred  replied to  sixpick @4.2.15    6 years ago
He does the disappearing act.

A man of mystery

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.18  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.2    6 years ago

Only because of some idiotic reporting by some in the media is this even an issue. Anyone listening to Trump that day could have figured out he was referring to the gang members as animals.

Sometimes you have to let go of your Trump hatred long enough to learn the facts.

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
4.2.19  lennylynx  replied to  sixpick @4.2.16    6 years ago

Lol, thanks for the support Picky! Happy

pat wilson
Professor Participates
4.2.20  pat wilson  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2.7    6 years ago

At least CNN admitted the mistake and issued apologies. When a person or organization can't admit mistakes or issue apologies there are deep problems. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2.21  Vic Eldred  replied to  pat wilson @4.2.20    6 years ago

We aren't talking about individuals, but news organizations. They must verify stories before they put them out there. A next day apology isn't much good once a story has already been accepted as true. The other problem seems to be that there are so many of these "mistakes" when covering this President.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
4.2.22  cjcold  replied to  pat wilson @4.2.20    6 years ago

Can't recall Fox ever apologizing for their constant lies.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.2.23  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  cjcold @4.2.22    6 years ago

Fox News doesn’t lie.  

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
4.2.24  KDMichigan  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.2    6 years ago
He deliberately leaves his comments open to various interpretations.

I agree. President Trump is the master of offending the precious snowflakes that get butt hurt from things he says.

The problem is they then turn it into a big Drama fest that the smarter than average individual can see past and they just end up looking like a bunch of idiots.

laughing dude

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
4.2.25  Raven Wing  replied to  KDMichigan @4.2.24    6 years ago
President Trump is the master of offending the precious snowflakes

Oh please. Stop with the over used childish references. Can't you talk like an adult if you want people to consider you one? Sheesh!!

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
4.2.26  KDMichigan  replied to  Raven Wing @4.2.25    6 years ago
Can't you talk like an adult

Well from what you typically post I figured a childish post was right up your alley.

Did I make you need a safe space?

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
4.2.27  KDMichigan  replied to  Raven Wing @4.2.25    6 years ago

Do you have something to add to the thread instead of talking about me?

Ender
Professor Principal
4.2.28  Ender  replied to  KDMichigan @4.2.27    6 years ago

Like sweeping generalizations are a wealth of knowledge.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
4.2.29  Raven Wing  replied to  KDMichigan @4.2.26    6 years ago

LOL Makes No Sense BlahBlahBlah laughing dude  This should answer your question. 

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
4.2.30  KDMichigan  replied to  Ender @4.2.28    6 years ago
Like sweeping generalizations are a wealth of knowledge.

laughing dude

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.2.31  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  KDMichigan @4.2.27    6 years ago

It could be and usually is me.  I wear her being critical of me as a personal badge of honor.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.2.32  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Ender @4.2.28    6 years ago

The democrat and mainstream media allegation that Trump called all illegal immigrants animals when clearly he was only referring to MS-13 as animals was a sweeping generalization.  And as it turned out, a lie.  

Ender
Professor Principal
4.2.33  Ender  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.2.32    6 years ago
I am he as you are he as you are me
And we are all together
See how they run like pigs from a gun
See how they fly
I'm crying
Sitting on a corn flake
Waiting for the van to come
Corporation T-shirt, stupid bloody Tuesday
Man you've been a naughty boy
You let your face grow long
I am the egg man
They are the egg men
I am the walrus

cjcold
Professor Quiet
4.2.34  cjcold  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.2.23    6 years ago

Only someone who names himself Heartland could possibly say that.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
4.2.35  cjcold  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.2.23    6 years ago

Everything that comes from Fox is a lie.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
4.2.36  arkpdx  replied to  cjcold @4.2.11    6 years ago

Then just how bad was that two time loser Hillary must be that she could not even beat him. She really must be evil .

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.2.37  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  arkpdx @4.2.36    6 years ago

She’s evil, she’s a loser.  She’s a felon.  Lock 🔐 her up!  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.2.38  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.2    6 years ago
'The truth is Trump wants it both ways. He deliberately leaves his comments open to various interpretations.'

As far as North Korea and the summit that Donald Rump blew - as usual - he always makes the comment "we'll see what happens" because he is fucking clueless and he will undermine whatever is said by whoever even himself said - soon

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.3  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @4    6 years ago
He is the least articulate president we have ever had.  No, Carter was much worse.

Well, he was absolutely correct about "some" of these immigrants. And sanctuary cities go out of their way to hide and protect suspected...and....convicted criminals, some previously deported who have returned to commit more crimes up to and including murder, like the POS who shot the young lady on the San Francisco pier.

Sophomore Guide
4.4  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  JohnRussell @4    6 years ago
let's face it, no one really ever knows what Donald Trump means.

So true, and yet we are supposed to trust this man..... why ?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.4.1  Texan1211  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @4.4    6 years ago

What part of calling MS-13 members animals confused you?

Sophomore Guide
4.4.2  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Texan1211 @4.4.1    6 years ago
What part of calling MS-13 members animals confused you?

Nothing president trump says confuses me, I learned from him long ago when he said this,"Words to me don't mean much, it's deeds that matter." after hearing that I understood trump is the type of person to be heard and believed only by what he does not what he says.

So I have no problem understanding that president trump says whatever he feels he needs or wants to, to get the results he desires. trump believe this to be an acceptable way of living and doing business. And for him it has worked well. Unfortunately, for many around him it seems to have not been such a great deal in the long run, considering how many people have sued mr trump, including some of his own lawyers.

Personally I have always stood behind what I said, that's how I was raised.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.4.3  Texan1211  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @4.4.2    6 years ago

Gee, since you took time to repost what some one had said earlier about being confused, I figured you were in agreement with that post.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
4.5  cjcold  replied to  JohnRussell @4    6 years ago
He is the least articulate president we have ever had

He probably knows the meaning of less than a hundred words.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
4.5.1  Raven Wing  replied to  cjcold @4.5    6 years ago
He probably knows the meaning of less than a hundred words

I think you are being generous. His Tweets seem to bear that out. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.5.2  Texan1211  replied to  cjcold @4.5    6 years ago

What is really funny is how dumb you all think Trump is.

What does that make Democrats for not being able to beat him--easily?

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
4.5.3  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Texan1211 @4.5.2    6 years ago

every chess game I lost was because my opponent was stupid....

wait.... whut?

russia, russia, russia,

LOL

pat wilson
Professor Participates
4.5.4  pat wilson  replied to  Raven Wing @4.5.1    6 years ago

He misspelled his current wife's name in a tweet before deleting it when Twitter blew up.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
4.5.5  cjcold  replied to  Texan1211 @4.5.2    6 years ago

Complacent?

Likely won't happen again.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.5.6  Texan1211  replied to  cjcold @4.5.5    6 years ago

Complacent?

What is that?

Excuse Number 389?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.5.7  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @4.5.6    6 years ago

More like dumb campaign strategy.  Ignoring key blue wall states, running up the score in easily won blue states.  Campaigning as if the cumulative popular vote actually meant something in a Presidential election.  What excuses will they come up with next?  

cjcold
Professor Quiet
4.5.8  cjcold  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @4.5.3    6 years ago
every chess game I lost was because my opponent was stupid....

Fools mate every time?

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
4.5.9  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  cjcold @4.5.8    6 years ago

russia-mated again :)

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.5.10  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @4.5.9    6 years ago

Russia colluded with democrats and obama, not with Trump.  

lib50
Professor Silent
4.5.11  lib50  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.5.10    6 years ago

That is a lie.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
4.5.12  KDMichigan  replied to  Texan1211 @4.5.2    6 years ago
What is really funny is how dumb you all think Trump is.

Spot on. 

They chase their tails melting down over the stupidest things and are blind to the bigger picture of what is being done.

I love that President Trump is not PC. Politicians as a whole need to be buried in a hole.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
4.5.13  Raven Wing  replied to  pat wilson @4.5.4    6 years ago

"He misspelled his current wife's name in a tweet before deleting it when Twitter blew up."

That does not surprise me. She's far more popular with the people in crowds from both sides than her husband is, and that has to hurt his oh so delicate ego. 

cjcold
Professor Quiet
4.5.14  cjcold  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @4.5.9    6 years ago

They take their chess seriously over there.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
4.5.15  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.5.10    6 years ago

Duh! ya think?  LOL

Cheers :)

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.5.16  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @4.5.15    6 years ago

I not only think it, I know it to be true.  Obama and Hillary are traitors to our great exceptional nation.  Fundamental transformation rejected/denied!

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
4.5.17  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.5.16    6 years ago
I not only think it, I know it to be true.

so do I.  meaning, your preaching to the choir.

am guessing sarcasm is not your strong suit?

"let me be clear"  obama is a traitor and he will be treated as such soon enough.

cheers :)

cjcold
Professor Quiet
4.5.18  cjcold  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.5.16    6 years ago

Author called off topic  {SP}

cjcold
Professor Quiet
4.5.19  cjcold  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @4.5.15    6 years ago

But Putin hated and feared both Hillary and Obama. Pretty sure you are wrong.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.5.20  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @4.5.17    6 years ago

Amen and hallelujah!!  

sixpick
Professor Quiet
4.6  sixpick  replied to  JohnRussell @4    6 years ago
Donald Trump OFTEN deliberately misstates facts and situations in order to try and manipulate public opinion and also provide himself with an out if anyone complains about his statements ("that's not what I meant") He does this all the time.

Is that what he said about the animal statement?  I don't think so.  I think he said he would continue to call them animals, not that's what I meant. 

cjcold
Professor Quiet
4.6.1  cjcold  replied to  sixpick @4.6    6 years ago

Weird how Trump/Koch propaganda sounds so much like Putin propaganda.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.6.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  cjcold @4.6.1    6 years ago

Deleted, Skirting {SP}

pat wilson
Professor Participates
4.6.3  pat wilson  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.6.2    6 years ago

I'm going to petition the site RA to limit your use of emojis to two per comment. Five is over-use and abuse of emojis.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
4.6.4  Raven Wing  replied to  pat wilson @4.6.3    6 years ago
Five is over-use and abuse of emojis.

Agreed!

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.6.5  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  pat wilson @4.6.3    6 years ago

I’m hardly the only one here who does it on either side.  Your efforts at being a nanny and engagement in content control and stifling debate/discussion on the part of others duly noted.  

pat wilson
Professor Participates
4.6.6  pat wilson  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.6.5    6 years ago

It was a joke. You couldn't see that ?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.6.7  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  pat wilson @4.6.6    6 years ago

No, I missed it.  Usually when you and Raven tag team on me it’s quite angry and serious. 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
4.6.8  Raven Wing  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.6.7    6 years ago
Usually when you and Raven tag team on me it’s quite angry and serious.

Oh please....don't give yourself such high self-importance that we tag teamed on you. It's not our fault you are unable to take a joke, so stop trying to blame us for your own lack of ability to take a joke. Face Palm   close call

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.6.9  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Raven Wing @4.6.8    6 years ago

So, you agreed with a joke?  I think not.  

pat wilson
Professor Participates
4.6.10  pat wilson  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.6.7    6 years ago

don't give yourself such high self-importance that we tag teamed on you.

Exactly, don't flatter yourself HA. 

Also, Raven Wing and I do not engage in "tag-teaming". We are each powerful women and confident in our own selves.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
4.6.11  Raven Wing  replied to  pat wilson @4.6.10    6 years ago

"Also, Raven Wing and I do not engage in "tag-teaming". We are each powerful women and confident in our own selves."

Indeed. We don't need to "tag-team" anyone. That is for children and those who are afraid to face someone head on themselves. Don't think you are so important that either of us are afraid of you in any way. That totally ain't hap'N, Dude.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
4.6.12  Raven Wing  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.6.9    6 years ago

" So, you agreed with a joke?  I think not"

And you think you know me so well that you can make an assumption like that? LOL  good one  crazy

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.6.13  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Raven Wing @4.6.8    6 years ago

As if you saw it as a so called joke when you quoted her emoji comment and wrote “agreed”.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.6.14  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.6.2    6 years ago

Simply ridiculous.  thumbs down

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
4.6.15  lennylynx  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.6.7    6 years ago

And why would you complain about being tag-teamed by Raven and Pat in the first place?  Sounds like fun to me! Happy

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.6.16  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  lennylynx @4.6.15    6 years ago

That they are from Californication is reason enough....

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
4.6.17  lennylynx  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.6.16    6 years ago

Lol, they don't call it that fer nuttin' ya know!  Morning HA, donut?

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
4.6.19  lennylynx  replied to  Release The Kraken @4.6.18    6 years ago

I'm guessing HA is a glazed, just a guess though!

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.6.20  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  lennylynx @4.6.17    6 years ago

They call it that because it is the most worthless good for nothing piece of crap state in the union bar none.  It is the definition of bad business climate, high taxes, overregulation, lax morals, and lawlessness.  Thus many of its citizens are in open rebellion against it including yours truly.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.6.21  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Release The Kraken @4.6.18    6 years ago

Only vanilla filled maple bars will do here.  

pat wilson
Professor Participates
4.6.22  pat wilson  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.6.16    6 years ago

You make me laugh !!

According to the RCC I was born with sin on my soul. Imagine hearing that as a seven year old.

So now , I'm an old woman and I'm evil because of my geographical location ???

GTFOH !

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
4.6.23  Raven Wing  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.6.13    6 years ago

So what. Do I need YOUR permission to agree with something? Not even! LOL  Makes No Sense  laughing dude  Face Palm

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
4.6.24  Raven Wing  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.6.16    6 years ago
That they are from Californication is reason enough..

So are YOU, so that makes you even less than we are. 

pat wilson
Professor Participates
4.6.25  pat wilson  replied to  Raven Wing @4.6.24    6 years ago

Where's Randy ?!?

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
4.6.26  lennylynx  replied to  pat wilson @4.6.25    6 years ago

I hope Randy comes back, but he was getting fed up with all the far right insanity that defines this site.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.6.27  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  lennylynx @4.6.26    6 years ago

Deleted CoC,  {SP}

Randy is neither the topic or should he be the target of personal derogatory comments.

2 day suspension due to an accumulation of violations  ending as close as possible to 2:35 AM EST  on 05/29/2018.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.6.28  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Raven Wing @4.6.24    6 years ago

No.  I live in Jefferson.  

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
4.6.29  lennylynx  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.6.27    6 years ago

"...debate us on the issues..."

Debate is pointless until we can agree on basic facts.  You guys choose to reject the real news, call it fake, and live in an alternate reality.

epistte
Junior Guide
4.6.30  epistte  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.6.28    6 years ago
I live in Jefferson.

You logically cannot live in a state that doesn't exist. Peurto Rico is not a state but it is a federal territory, unlike fictional Jefferson.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.6.31  Tessylo  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.6.20    6 years ago
'It is the definition of bad business climate, high taxes, overregulation, lax morals, and lawlessness.'

Lord almighty - are you of the kind that wants to legislate morality?  

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
4.7  Jasper2529  replied to  JohnRussell @4    6 years ago
Although it appears he was probably referring to gang members in this particular reference

Probably?   Get real and stop spreading fake news. Trump was directly addressing Fresno County Sheriff Margaret Mims' comment about MS-13!

Trump did not specifically mention MS-13 in the same sentence, but his comment came after a California sheriff said U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement cannot use her office’s databases "to find the bad guys" and that "there could be an MS-13 gang member" she knows about, but can’t tell the federal agency.

Here’s the exchange for full context.

Mims: "Thank you. There could be an MS-13 gang member I know about — if they don't reach a certain threshold, I cannot tell ICE about it."

Trump: "We have people coming into the country, or trying to come in — and we're stopping a lot of them — but we're taking people out of the country. You wouldn't believe how bad these people are. These aren't people. These are animals. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5  seeder  XXJefferson51    6 years ago

Trump was right to say what he did about MS-13 being animals.  

cjcold
Professor Quiet
5.1  cjcold  replied to  XXJefferson51 @5    6 years ago

Pretty sure he was talking about all immigrants. Not just gangsters.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
5.1.1  arkpdx  replied to  cjcold @5.1    6 years ago

Well you would be wrong............ ...again! 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.1.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  arkpdx @5.1.1    6 years ago

Considering how long the seeds been up and all the talk about it in the news and the fact Trump was directly answering a law enforcement officials question regarding MS-13, he knew full well Trump was talking about MS-13 before he wrote his reply above to a 6 day old post.  

sixpick
Professor Quiet
6  sixpick    6 years ago

What gets me is how Trump got the MSM and the Left to support Hamas and MS13 in the same week!!!

He keeps em squirming every day.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1  Texan1211  replied to  sixpick @6    6 years ago

Because their hatred for Trump is so deep that they would rather see our ally attacked by terrorists or our country fail than to EVER give an ounce of credit to Trump for anything.

Sad little buggers.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
6.1.1  cjcold  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1    6 years ago

All hatred of Trump has been earned by him. He is a ignorant fool who should have never been elected.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  cjcold @6.1.1    6 years ago

But not anger bordering on irrationality, as so much of it appears to do!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  cjcold @6.1.1    6 years ago

Seems like some Democrats once claimed that "Failure to accept the results of an election threatens our democracy!"

LMFAO!

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.1.4  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  cjcold @6.1.1    6 years ago

as a non Trump voter I’ll say that the best thing about his upset win of the Presidency has been 1. Watching MSNBC and CNN as it happened, 2.  Watching FOX News panning the scene in NY at Hillary’s “victory” party 🎉 🎈 and all the tears 😭 and 3.  The response of secular progressives across all NewsTalk and social media platforms.  ClappingLOLla de da

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.1.5  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.3    6 years ago

True and that witch Hillary and many of her supporters actively did exactly what they were angry Trump said he’d consider doing if he had lost in a contested result.  Hillary’s results were not questionable.  She can land and dismount from her broom now.  

cjcold
Professor Quiet
6.1.6  cjcold  replied to  XXJefferson51 @6.1.4    6 years ago

And using multiple, juvenile emoticons makes your case stronger?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
6.1.7  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  cjcold @6.1.1    6 years ago
All hatred of Trump has been earned by him.

Yeah!  How dare he win the election!  Just for that people on the left are going to cry, whine, stomp their feet, scream at the sky and hold their breath.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.1.8  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  cjcold @6.1.6    6 years ago

At least I have a case to make.....LOLla de da

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.9  Tessylo  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1    6 years ago
'Because their hatred for Trump is so deep that they would rather see our ally attacked by terrorists or our country fail than to EVER give an ounce of credit to Trump for anything.'

He deserves credit for diddly squat yet he takes credit for everything good that happens - what has this shitstain accomplished for the good of everyone (not Donald Rump)?  

lib50
Professor Silent
6.1.10  lib50  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @6.1.7    6 years ago
How dare he win the election!

Not without help from Putin!  Not to mention AGAIN, he lost the popular vote by millions.  In case you forgot.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.11  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.9    6 years ago

Hmmm..low unemployment, a robust stock market, no new wars, tax breaks for almost all people.......wow, it must be sad to ignore all  of that!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.12  Texan1211  replied to  lib50 @6.1.10    6 years ago

When Presidents are elected by popular vote, then the popular vote will be relevant.

Since we don't elect Presidents that way, the popular vote is completely irrelevant.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.13  Tessylo  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.11    6 years ago
'low unemployment, a robust stock market, no new wars, tax breaks for almost all people...'

How about listing Donald Rump's accomplishments.  I've seen none listed here.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.14  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.13    6 years ago

There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.1.15  Tessylo  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.14    6 years ago

How deep!  How profound!  Did you think of that all by yourself?  Good boy!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.16  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @6.1.15    6 years ago

Why? Do you need me to explain what it means? I've got a few hours free if you think I can help!

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
6.1.17  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  lib50 @6.1.10    6 years ago
Not without help from Putin! 

I'm still waiting for you to provide the proof of that.  

Not to mention AGAIN, he lost the popular vote by millions.  In case you forgot.

Still hanging on to that like a toddler with a pacifier aren't you.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  sixpick @6    6 years ago

Great points.  Thumbs Up 2

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.3  Tessylo  replied to  sixpick @6    6 years ago
'He keeps em squirming every day.'

Squirming how?  He keeps me wanting to vomit on a daily basis and keeps moral and sane people squirming on a daily basis on what atrocities are going to come out of his big fat piehole.  Or whatever he is going to undo that President Obama accomplished.