One Incontrovertible Truth

One Incontrovertible Truth
By:   atheist
Created:   3 weeks ago
Comments:   36

Tags

This is going to be a quickie.  There can be no argument whatsoever against the truism that if Barack Obama had come out with a statement that he had "absolute power" in any sense on any matter, republicans would have had articles of impeachment voted out of the House within the hour.  But to have that same standard for the mini-Mussolini they have in the WH right now--well, that will never happen ever.  Republicans have no care or regard for our system of laws and customs.  They are prepared to burn this country's institutions and traditions to the ground to retain power.  They are fascists and there's no two ways about it.  

This discussion is locked

smarty_function_ntUser_profile_id: user_id parameter required
JohnRussell
1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @1    3 weeks ago

Like the picture. 

People who do not speak out against Trump now will have to deal with their consciences later. 

Greg Jones
1.1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1    3 weeks ago

You guys are funny...you should try try out for the Comedy Channel.

JohnRussell
1.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @1    3 weeks ago

"Trumpolini", sounds like a character from a Marx Bros. movie. 

Raven Wing
1.2.1  Raven Wing  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2    3 weeks ago

That would really suit him very well. Except, he would demand to be the star, and without proper experience,  the movie would be as big a disaster as his administration, and the mess he has made of the country.

Bob Nelson
2  Bob Nelson    3 weeks ago

If you hope to get our beloved wingnuts to recognize that they sometimes, occasionally, once in a while use double standards... you may be in for a slight disappointment..... Eye Roll

kpr37
3  kpr37    3 weeks ago

statement that he had "absolute power"

Source?

Llink to quote?

Nope, none of that.

Dulay
3.1  Dulay  replied to  kpr37 @3    3 weeks ago
Source?

Trump's twitter feed.

Llink to quote?

Trump said the same thing on Twitter on Monday, writing, “As has been stated by numerous legal scholars, I have the absolute right to PARDON myself, but why would I do that when I have done nothing wrong?”

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia/trump-says-he-has-power-to-pardon-himself-but-has-done-nothing-wrong-idUSKCN1J01L2

Nope, none of that.

You're welcome.

kpr37
3.1.1  kpr37  replied to  Dulay @3.1    3 weeks ago
I have theabsolute right to PARDON myself,

The sourced quote!

Quote used in the article.

a statement that he had "absolute power"

Can you spot a difference? I can!

Dulay
3.1.2  Dulay  replied to  kpr37 @3.1.1    3 weeks ago

Pardoning is an exclusive POWER of the Presidency. 

321steve
3.1.3  321steve  replied to  Dulay @3.1.2    3 weeks ago
Pardoning is an exclusive POWER of the Presidency.

I guess the founding fathers never foresaw humanity getting to the point a despot could wield that power and pardon himself a new criminal staff and underlings if they so desired.

and they were so careful Not to to put too much power into one persons hands. Maybe they figured IF it ever got to that point, what the hell all is lost anyway. lol 

Doubtful they probably envisioned always having a highly ethical person at the helm. 

Unfortunately these days it seems we have about half or the country questioning that.. again.

Dismayed Patriot
4  Dismayed Patriot    3 weeks ago

Conservatives are so far down the hypocrite hole they haven't a clue as to which way is up anymore. If Obama had said he couldn't be indicted and could just pardon himself for any crimes he committed the right wing would have lost their ever loving minds. When Trump says it they cheer like fascist little Mussolini lovers. They have no morals, conscience or dignity left after voting in such a disgusting bag of slime, so they continue to double and triple down on his criminal empire like a store owner loyal to the mob because they're getting illegally obtained kickbacks when paying them for protection. 

Greg Jones
4.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @4    3 weeks ago

Don't you ever get tired of spewing the same old shyt?

XDm9mm
4.1.1  XDm9mm  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1    3 weeks ago

When that's all you have, that's all you shovel.

Raven Wing
4.1.2  Raven Wing  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1    3 weeks ago

Do you? Take a long look in your own mirror before you throw your Scheisse at others. 

Karma truly is a Bi*ch when it comes back.

kpr37
4.1.3  kpr37  replied to  Raven Wing @4.1.2    3 weeks ago

Karma truly is a Bi*ch when it comes back

True dat.

If Hillary Is Indicted, President Clinton Could Pardon Herself and Congress Might be Helpless

https://lawandcrime.com/opinion/if-hillary-is-indicted-president-clinton-could-pardon-herself-and-congress-might-be-helpless/

Dismayed Patriot
4.1.4  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1    3 weeks ago
Don't you ever get tired

I never tire of speaking the truth. I notice you don't deny that if Obama had said anything like that you would have been losing your minds screaming to impeach. Heck, you were likely screaming to your conservative legislators to impeach without any illegal actions taken by the Obama administration.

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." - MLK JR

I can say unequivocally that I judge Trump by the content of his character, or rather the lack thereof. Can you say the same about your hatred of Obama?

Raven Wing
4.1.5  Raven Wing  replied to  kpr37 @4.1.3    3 weeks ago

Were we talking about Hillary? Have you no other information to share on the topic at hand? Or are you merely trying to derail the thread? 

On the looks of it, derail seems to be the most obvious answer.

Tessylo
4.1.6  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1    3 weeks ago

Tessylo
4.1.7  Tessylo  replied to  kpr37 @4.1.3    3 weeks ago
'If Hillary Is Indicted, President Clinton Could Pardon Herself'

crazy

Indicted for what for fuck's sake?

Tessylo
4.1.8  Tessylo  replied to  XDm9mm @4.1.1    3 weeks ago
When that's all you have, that's all you shovel.

Landshark
4.2  Landshark  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @4    3 weeks ago

Got an example of that.  I haven't found any, other than on the left. Meanwhile that whole conservatives are evil line of attack is rather threadbare.

BeastOfTheEast
4.3  BeastOfTheEast  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @4    3 weeks ago

Digging a whole

XDm9mm
5  XDm9mm    3 weeks ago

He did say that.....

"I've got a pen, and I've got a phone."  (Source:  https://www.cbsnews.com/news/obama-i-will-use-my-pen-and-phone-to-take-on-congress/)  ...  

Effectively saying fuck off Congress...  I'll do what I want when I want...

Dulay
5.1  Dulay  replied to  XDm9mm @5    3 weeks ago

Thanks for the link. I suggest that members actually watch the video you linked since it refutes your BS quite nicely. 

XDm9mm
5.1.1  XDm9mm  replied to  Dulay @5.1    3 weeks ago

Nope...  his words exactly.

DACA

Iran Nuke deal

His pen and phone at work telling America and Congress to fuck off and he'll make whatever rules or deals he pleases.

Dulay
5.1.2  Dulay  replied to  XDm9mm @5.1.1    3 weeks ago
Nope... his words exactly.

Nope WHAT? If you didn't want everyone to watch the video, why did you post it. Members who DO watch the video will hear Obama talk about what he intended to use his pen to do. I realize y'all prefer talking points but some of us like to hear the whole story. 

321steve
5.1.3  321steve  replied to  XDm9mm @5.1.1    3 weeks ago
His pen and phone at work telling America and Congress to fuck off and he'll make whatever rules or deals he pleases.

yep thankfully (sarc) trump didn't waste 5 years even trying to work with this republican congress before doing the same.

Landshark
6  Landshark    3 weeks ago

That's rather hysterical. In more ways than one.

321steve
7  321steve    3 weeks ago

“As has been stated by numerous legal scholars, I have the absolute right to PARDON myself, but why would I do that when I have done nothing wrong?”

Trump said in an interview, "I like to be good. I don't like to have to ask for forgiveness. And I am good. I don't do a lot of things that are bad. I try to do nothing that is bad."

"I like to be good. I don't like to have to ask for forgiveness. And I am good. I don't do a lot of things that are bad. I try to do nothing that is bad."

Donald Trump has been sued at least 60 times by individuals and businesses who accuse him of failing to pay for work done at his various properties,

http://www.bing.com/search?FORM=UP97DF&PC=UP97&q=trump+has+been+sued+how+many+times+for+non+paymnet

"But, I am Not a Crook !!!" 

I say to trump "people don't trust you." and I dont doubt why.

th 2q.jpg

Raven Wing
7.1  Raven Wing  replied to  321steve @7    3 weeks ago

Sounds to me that Trump is just feeling out his base and supporters about his intention of pardoning himself in case he is found guilty of something. That way, of course, he would feel justified in doing so. 

His bringing that up at this point says to me that he is scared that he will feel the heat of the hot seat at some point, and can't really get out of it, so he is sort of preparing his Trumpets and sheep to see how they will react if that happens. 

And the fact that he is already denying he is guilty of anything is also a test to feel out his base and Trumpets to see how well they will support him. 

In short......it says to me Trump is beginning to feel scared the longer the Mueller investigation goes no. If he wasn't, why would he playing this make believe behind the screen game of What If"?

321steve
7.1.1  321steve  replied to  Raven Wing @7.1    3 weeks ago

I agree, trump doesn't say shit for no reason. This man is in 24/7/365 negotiating mode to maintain and grow his world. 

Raven Wing
7.1.2  Raven Wing  replied to  321steve @7.1.1    3 weeks ago

It's sort of like a young kid asking his Mother, "if I let Mr Finns chickens out of their pen to run free all over, could I blame it on someone else and not get in trouble"? Or...if I let all of Mr Finns chickens let out of their pen to run free all over, could I just pardon myself to stay out of trouble"?

It jut does not make sense that Trump is suddenly now actively testing the waters on his being able to pardon himself with one side of his mouth, but then saying he has done nothing wrong out of the other side of his mouth. 

Is a puzzlement....... thinking

BeastOfTheEast
9  BeastOfTheEast    3 weeks ago

The question can a president pardon himself is a non-issue. If any president was convicted of a crime then pardoned himself he would be impeached.

Peter Loves the Real Tea Party.
10  Peter Loves the Real Tea Party.    3 weeks ago

Locked pending the author's return. PRF