╌>

Trump's statesmanship surprise

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  heartland-american  •  6 years ago  •  86 comments

Trump's statesmanship surprise

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Nobody knew. None of us saw it. Among his biggest supporters, maybe a handful suspected it. Many of us expected the economic renewal of the U.S. to happen. Many of us foresaw a significant roll back of Saint Barack's horrid, destructive agenda. A lot of us hoped for a major push back on the left.
None of us, no one I have read, no one I know, expected Donald Trump to be a giant in foreign policy. No one expected him to reshape the world. Yet Donald Trump, in a short time, is doing so.

That was supposed to be one of the reasons to vote against him. He had no foreign policy experience. He did not understand the world. He was going to lead us into wars. He would be taken advantage of by our enemies. He would ruin our alliances. He would be a rube. A bumpkin. An embarrassment. That was what we were told.

Well. Guess what, NeverTrumps! You were so wrong, desperately wrong. Your shame should be bottomless. Bill Kristol, Max Boot, all of you stand up and please voluntarily go into the stocks and throw rotten veggies at yourselves. You should be ashamed to speak. Yep, the entire left-leaning foreign policy establishment as well. All of you.

I did not expect this, never saw this as one of Trump's strengths. Nonetheless, we have not seen a better, more fruitful, and more capable foreign policy than this administration since the great Ronald Reagan.

Here are some of his accomplishments:

He has succeeded in having North Korea agree (document signed today here) to complete denuclearization. The North Koreans have destroyed their main nuclear testing site. They have given us three hostages without the plane loads of cash the Iranians got. North Korea is considering ending the long war with its southern neighbor. So much has happened with this story, it's close to as big and consequential a historical event as the coming down of the wall in Berlin and the fall of the Soviet Union. We won't know for a while. But for the first time in our lifetimes, there is a genuine negotiation to deal with the nuclear nightmare that the North Koreans have brought the world in the past decades.

The decimation of ISIS. In less than one year, their caliphate dreams have been shattered, their bases of operation destroyed.

The realignment of the Middle East. Most nations are choosing to ally together against Iran, and with us. Even Saudi Arabia is a clear ally, and of *gasp* Israel, too.

Israel is a stronger ally than ever. We have moved our embassy to Jerusalem.

Trump's success in connecting with the premier of China.

His dropping of the TPP deal, and subsequent current individual negotiations with the Pacific countries, such as Japan and South Korea.

His current renegotiation with Canada and Mexico on NAFTA.

His clear connection with Macron of France and the upcoming prime minister of Italy.

His clear words to the G7 this week that America will no longer be the piggy bank to the world.

His clear message to the globalist elites that we will not succumb to their foolish nonsensical wastefulness of the (so-called) Paris Climate Accord.

His pulling out of the disastrous Iran nuclear deal. He is clearly signaling to those in Iran who oppose the mullahs that he will, unlike the ugly American Barack Obama, support them if they take the lead in getting rid of those medieval tyrants. He is forging a potent alliance against them.

He has effectively signaled Assad and Putin that they will not be able to get away with the things they did so easily under the former disastrous Obama administration.

Now, let me take a hard poke at the leftist crazies who are the mainstream media. When virtually all of them celebrated the demise of the Korean summit some weeks ago, it was a sad sight to behold. People who should have been yearning for a peaceful solution to the North Korean saga of the last decades decided to cheer when it looked like the summit was off. So-called journalists named Mika, Rachel, Joe, Andrew, and Jake literally every leftist journalist, cheered because the deal appeared to have gone south. No more talk of a Peace Prize, they all cackled. See, we told you Trump was way over his head, didn't we?

Well, when I first read the letter from Trump calling off the summit, it was crystal-clear to me, and anyone paying attention, that Trump was negotiating. He knew what he was doing, and he was several moves ahead of everyone else (as usual). 'Twas obvious as the nose in front of any Democrat operative pretending to be a journalist's face. Did they not read The Art of the Deal? Do these fake news-purveyors never tire of being wrong or losing?

I think not.

Unlike their hero Barack O, the feckless one, the one who gave everything away to whichever country he was negotiating with, Trump actually excels at negotiation. He negotiates from strength. He knows what he wants from a deal and pushes for it until it's a deal that is worthwhile having.

So here we are. The same journalistic fools who gloated in the early calling off of the summit are again caterwauling to their audience just how Trump is unprepared, how he knows nothing, how he's going to get us in a terrible deal with the brilliant adversary Kim Jong-un.

It's all they know. You'd think someone would take a hook like at the old vaudeville shows and yank them off the stage. But no, the news industry is determined to entirely destroy itself. They are determined to make fools of themselves one more time. Determined to undermine their own sanity by promising Trump will fail. Again.

Will the last people who watch our so called "news" media, the last to leave the building please turn off the lights?

As Americans, we can be certain Trump will not sell us out. Whether this summit succeeds in actually changing North Korea and denuclearizing the peninsula, we won't really know for a while. What we do know is that no other American leader has succeeded in getting this far. What we do know is that Trump as foreign policy expert will continue to surprise us and the world.

Enjoy it while you can. We've not seen a foreign policy team this good at realigning the word since Reagan.

One remarkable surprise.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1  seeder  XXJefferson51    6 years ago

“I did not expect this, never saw this as one of Trump's strengths. Nonetheless, we have not seen a better, more fruitful, and more capable foreign policy than this administration since the great Ronald Reagan.

Here are some of his accomplishments:

He has succeeded in having North Korea agree (document signed today here) to complete denuclearization. The North Koreans have destroyed their main nuclear testing site. They have given us three hostages without the plane loads of cash the Iranians got. North Korea is considering ending the long war with its southern neighbor. So much has happened with this story, it's close to as big and consequential a historical event as the coming down of the wall in Berlin and the fall of the Soviet Union. We won't know for a while. But for the first time in our lifetimes, there is a genuine negotiation to deal with the nuclear nightmare that the North Koreans have brought the world in the past decades.

The decimation of ISIS. In less than one year, their caliphate dreams have been shattered, their bases of operation destroyed.

The realignment of the Middle East. Most nations are choosing to ally together against Iran, and with us. Even Saudi Arabia is a clear ally, and of *gasp* Israel, too.

Israel is a stronger ally than ever. We have moved our embassy to Jerusalem.

Trump's success in connecting with the premier of China.

His dropping of the TPP deal, and subsequent current individual negotiations with the Pacific countries, such as Japan and South Korea.

His clear connection with Macron of France and the upcoming prime minister of Italy.

His clear words to the G7 this week that America will no longer be the piggy bank to the world.

His clear message to the globalist elites that we will not succumb to their foolish nonsensical wastefulness of the (so-called) Paris Climate Accord.

His pulling out of the disastrous Iran nuclear deal. He is clearly signaling to those in Iran who oppose the mullahs that he will, unlike the ugly American Barack Obama, support them if they take the lead in getting rid of those medieval tyrants. He is forging a potent alliance against them.

He has effectively signaled Assad and Putin that they will not be able to get away with the things they did so easily under the former disastrous Obama administration.

Now, let me take a hard poke at the leftist crazies who are the mainstream media. When virtually all of them celebrated the demise of the Korean summit some weeks ago, it was a sad sight to behold. People who should have been yearning for a peaceful solution to the North Korean saga of the last decades decided to cheer when it looked like the summit was off. So-called journalists named Mika, Rachel, Joe, Andrew, and Jake literally every leftist journalist, cheered because the deal appeared to have gone south. No more talk of a Peace Prize, they all cackled. See, we told you Trump was way over his head, didn't we?

Well, when I first read the letter from Trump calling off the summit, it was crystal-clear to me, and anyone paying attention, that Trump was negotiating. He knew what he was doing, and he was several moves ahead of everyone else (as usual). 'Twas obvious as the nose in front of any Democrat operative pretending to be a journalist's face. Did they not read The Art of the Deal? Do these fake news-purveyors never tire of being wrong or losing?

I think not.”

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.1  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1    6 years ago

Take all the pokes you want, the facts still remain, Trump got an agreement to TALK about denuclearization and, for that Kim got a photo op with the U.S. President which now makes him a legitimate "leader" in the eyes of the world and, an agreement to stop the war games in South Korea and, a lifting of the sanctions on North Korea, we still have pubkis from Kim but, Kim gets what he wanted, the U.S. out of South Korea and, the sanctions that were crippling his economy lifted, remember, those sanctions were because of Kim's civil liberty's violations in his own country, his killing of political rivals and, his building a nuclear force that threatens the whole Pacific region, yeah, Trump did a good job alright, goofy he gave Kim what Kim wanted and, got absolutely nothing in return. chuckle

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.1    6 years ago

Um, we’re not leaving South Korea and the sanctions aren’t being lifted.  The war games can resume at any time we determine they are not acting in good faith on denuclearization.  

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.1.2  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1.1    6 years ago
North Korean state media said on Wednesday that President Trump had agreed to lift sanctions against the North in addition to providing security guarantees in the summit with the North’s leader, Kim Jong Un, Reuters reports.

“We will be stopping the war games, unless and until we see that the future negotiation is not going along as well as it should,” Trump said during a press conference after the summit.
“We’ll be saving a tremendous amount of money. We fly in bombers [from a US base] in Guam. I said, when I first thought it, ‘Where are the bombers from? Guam. Six-and-a-half hours,” the president said.

Fact, it cost no more or, less, to continue the war games in South Korea than it does to just have the troops sitting in their barracks and, the planes sitting on the tarmac doing nothing.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1.3  Greg Jones  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.1.2    6 years ago

So the NK state media says something and you believe it without question??  chuckle good one laughing dude

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1.3    6 years ago

LOL So Donald Rump says something and you believe it without question?

crazy laughing dude

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.1    6 years ago

So  ow a photo op with Trump is all it takes to make aa world leader? That makes NO sense--not a freaking lick of it--because all along leftists have been preaching how badly the world views DJT.

You can't have it both ways--Trump can't be a raging idiot as you claim AND so respected that a mere photo with him elevates everyone!

Can't y'all just pick ONE?

Or will that destroy your shape-shifting abilities whenever Trump is mentioned?

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.1.6  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1.3    6 years ago
So the NK state media says something and you believe it without question??

No, I'm talking about something that Reuters put on their news feed that was coming out of North Korea, the rest of it, about Trump saying he was going to end the military exercises in South Korea, came out of Trumps mouth on a U.S. station during a statement he was giving, by the way, in the same statement he was asked what he would say if North Korea didn't continue to negotiate, he said he would think of something but, he wouldn't ever admit he was wrong. In other words he would lie. 

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.1.7  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.5    6 years ago
You can't have it both ways--Trump can't be a raging idiot as you claim AND so respected that a mere photo with him elevates everyone!

It's not Trump himself, it is the title that he holds right now, that of U.S. President, in Kim's eyes that gives him something that his father and, his grandfather never got from the world, legitimacy because, neither of them had a photo op with the president of the United States.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.1.7    6 years ago

Like I said--if you think  freaking PHOTO OP is what makes someone a legitimate leader, or what the world will say makes one, then you are very ill-informed.

SMDH

All the Chicken Little stories from the left is growing tiresome.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.1.9  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.8    6 years ago
freaking PHOTO OP is what makes someone a legitimate leader, or what the world will say makes one, then you are very ill-informed.

Clean out your eyes and, read what I said, I didn't say it was ME that thought it made him a legitimate leader, I said, KIM believes that a photo op with the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, (no matter who that person is), makes him legitimate in the EYES OF THE WORLD.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.10  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.1.9    6 years ago

Did Kim tell you that personally?

You are basing this on what exactly?

And if no one else in the world thinks so, WTF difference does it make what Kim thinks?

charger 383
Professor Silent
1.1.11  charger 383  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.4    6 years ago
Donald Rump

well you seem to have named your butt for him

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.12  Tessylo  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.1.6    6 years ago

'by the way, in the same statement he was asked what he would say if North Korea didn't continue to negotiate, he said he would think of something but, he wouldn't ever admit he was wrong. In other words he would lie.'

“I think he’s going to do these things,” Trump said. “I may be wrong. I mean, I may stand before you in six months and say, ‘Hey, I was wrong.’ I don’t know that I’ll ever admit that, but I’ll find some kind of an excuse.”

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.13  Tessylo  replied to  charger 383 @1.1.11    6 years ago

That's so clever there charger, NOT.  

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.1.14  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.10    6 years ago
Did Kim tell you that personally? You are basing this on what exactly? And if no one else in the world thinks so, WTF difference does it make what Kim thinks?

It matters because, now Kim thinks all he has to do is threaten to nuke Guam, Japan, South Korea or, the west coast of the United States and, the U.S. will give him whatever he wants. You may think Kim is stupid or, backward but, Trump just got played and, you are cheering it like it was some big win for the U.S.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.1.15  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.12    6 years ago

Thanks Tessy, I knew someone on here had the exact quote, I couldn't remember it.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.16  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.1.14    6 years ago

yawn.

The Chicken Little syndrome is alive and well, I see. 

Doesn't it ever tire you out?

lady in black
Professor Quiet
1.1.17  lady in black  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.12    6 years ago

The shit that comes out of this POS president is beyond words and that people lap it up.  Sad state of affairs when he admits to lying or that he will lie and people defend him.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.18  Tessylo  replied to  lady in black @1.1.17    6 years ago

It must be so tiresome of those to defend that piece of shit without reservation.  

Deplorables will be deplorable.  

lib50
Professor Silent
1.1.19  lib50  replied to  charger 383 @1.1.11    6 years ago
well you seem to have named your butt for him

More like referencing Trump's butt as the source of of his shit. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.20  Tessylo  replied to  lib50 @1.1.19    6 years ago

(Seeder called off topic) Telo

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.1.22  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  gooseisgone @1.1.21    6 years ago
So if Reuters reports someone's lie it some how becomes the truth.

What lie did they tell?

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.2  Krishna  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1    6 years ago
Did they not read The Art of the Deal?

Why should they? (After all, Trump didn't write most of it!)

His ghostwriter did.

And he got to know the real Trump-- here's what he said about him:

ART OF THE DEAL’ GHOSTWRITER: TRUMP IS ‘DEEPLY DISTURBED’ AND ‘UTTERLY UNTRUSTWORTHY’

The ghostwriter of President Donald Trump’s best-selling book  The Art of the Deal  has suggested that the president may suffer from a personality disorder and said he is “deeply disturbed and utterly untrustworthy.”

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.1  Tessylo  replied to  Krishna @1.2    6 years ago
'The ghostwriter of President Donald Trump’s best-selling book The Art of the Deal has suggested that the president may suffer from a personality disorder and said he is “deeply disturbed and utterly untrustworthy.”'

Duh

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.2.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Krishna @1.2    6 years ago

Big yawn here....Digging a whole

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.2.3  Greg Jones  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.1    6 years ago
Duh

Double Duh!  Party crazy

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.4  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.1    6 years ago

Is he a ghost writer or a licensed psychiatrist?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  JohnRussell    6 years ago

The seeded article inhabits a place in an alternate reality from the one the people of the planet earth live in. 

Let me guess, - it is from American Thinker. 

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.1  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  JohnRussell @2    6 years ago

Great guess! No wonder it has no place in reality.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @2.1    6 years ago

If this is all you guys have got, Republican wins in November are assured. peace 2

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.1.2  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Greg Jones @2.1.1    6 years ago

Off Topic  {SP}

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @2    6 years ago

Another attack the source waste of bandwidth here.  Big surprise.  

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
3  The Magic 8 Ball    6 years ago
 North Korea is considering ending the long war with its southern neighbor.

the magic eightball says...

a peace agreement, officially ending the war in korea before the end of the year

cheers :)

pat wilson
Professor Participates
3.1  pat wilson  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @3    6 years ago

I hope you are correct.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  pat wilson @3.1    6 years ago

So do I.  

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
3.1.2  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  pat wilson @3.1    6 years ago

with nothing to back it but my world-renowned, and simply unquestionable psychic powers to rely on.

it is my assertion that

a peace agreement is part of a bigger "unwritten" agreement.

kim has been told to join the real world and my bet is he knows he has no choice.  

it should be an interesting show along the way.

Cheers :)

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
3.1.3  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @3.1.2    6 years ago
with nothing to back it but my world-renowned, and simply unquestionable psychic powers to rely on. it is my assertion that a peace agreement is part of a

Your "magic eight ball" is cracked.

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.1.4  Krishna  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @3.1.2    6 years ago
a peace agreement is part of a bigger "unwritten" agreement.

Unwritten agreements cannot be verified. And no one can be held accountable. (In fact either party can disagree with the way the other party remembers it...and neither can prove their version is correct).

And then there's the little matter of Jim Jung Un's "Promise" to denuclearize.. or did he actually say that? Without any written evidence?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @3.1.3    6 years ago
'Your "magic eight ball" is cracked.'

That's not all.  .   .  

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
3.1.6  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Krishna @3.1.4    6 years ago
Unwritten agreements cannot be verified.

no shit?  LOL   seriously...  that is priceless.

btw... that sun thing? ya know.. that big ball of fire in the sky? it will be back tomorrow as well... it cant be stopped.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
3.1.7  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Tessylo @3.1.5    6 years ago

when any prediction I make does not come true?

you can be the first EVER to let me know about it.

but, dont hold your breath while we wait :)

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.8  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @3.1.3    6 years ago

Because peace would be a terrible thing for the world if it is Donald Trump that helps make it happen.  

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
3.1.9  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.8    6 years ago
Because peace would be a terrible thing for the world if it is Donald Trump that helps make it happen.

Peace would be a wonderful thing but, it isn't going to happen with Trump conceding to Kim in the first meeting, which he has done. Tell ya what, give it six months and, see where we are then, if and, that's a YUGE if, Trump succeeds, I'll admit I was wrong but, if he fails, I want you to admit you were wrong.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.2  Greg Jones  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @3    6 years ago

But the left wants war, or so it seems from the way they talk.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.1  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @3.2    6 years ago
'But the left wants war, or so it seems from the way they talk.'

But the 'right' wants war, or so it seems from the way they talk

Explorerdog
Freshman Silent
3.2.2  Explorerdog  replied to  Greg Jones @3.2    6 years ago

did you forget that trump loves war, only he nor his will fight in it.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.3  Tessylo  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @3    6 years ago
'a peace agreement, officially ending the war in korea before the end of the year'

What war?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.3.1  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @3.3    6 years ago

See, there was this war. It started in 1950. Some people call it "The Korean War". Ever hear of it?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.3.2  Tessylo  replied to  Texan1211 @3.3.1    6 years ago

It ended in 1953.

What war?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.3.3  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @3.3.2    6 years ago

The fighting ended on 27 July 1953, when an armistice was signed. The agreement created the Korean Demilitarized Zone to separate North and South Korea, and allowed the return of prisoners. However, no peace treaty has been signed, and according to some sources the two Koreas are technically still at war, engaged in a frozen conflict.[50][51] In April 2018, the leaders of North and South Korea met at the demilitarized zone[52] and agreed to sign a treaty by the end of the year to formally end the Korean War.[53]

Skirting. Removed - PRF

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.3.4  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @3.3.2    6 years ago

Oh, so you HAVE heard of it--which makes your silly question very, very strange.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.3.5  Tessylo  replied to  Texan1211 @3.3.3    6 years ago

I neglected to include it ended in a stalemate.  I can reference wikipedia also.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.3.6  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @3.3.5    6 years ago

No value. Removed - PRF

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.3.7  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @3.3.5    6 years ago

Good, Wish the internet had been referenced first.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4  bbl-1    6 years ago

"One remarkable surprise."

Yeah.  It sure is.  And the surprise is--------what?

Kim is funny?  Intelligent?  A good guy?  Loves his people?  And all the rest too? 

Trump got nothing.  The American taxpayers might be on 'the hook' for The Kim Show's hotel bills.  Check it out.

Krishna
Professor Expert
5  Krishna    6 years ago

He has succeeded in having North Korea agree (document signed today here) to complete denuclearization.

"Complete denuclearization"?

Hehehe ...

Do you actually believe that-- or did you merely forget to type the /sarcasm tag?

Because if you seriously believe that-- I have a bridge I 'd like to sell you!

(And in fact, if you actually believe that, I won't have to sell it to you-- you'll beg me to sell it to you...and ask if I have any more, ROFLMAO!!!)

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1  Tessylo  replied to  Krishna @5    6 years ago

According to Gregger they have no choice or face annihilation.  

crazy

Krishna
Professor Expert
6  Krishna    6 years ago

His clear connection with Macron of France

WTF? Do you actually ever read the news? Because if you did, you'd know how those two turned out!

DUH!

Krishna
Professor Expert
7  Krishna    6 years ago

Link?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8  Buzz of the Orient    6 years ago

I'm not so sure about what he's done to the eternal American friendship with Canada. I have no love for Trudeau or his government, but I do love my country and will never give up my citizenship. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
8.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8    6 years ago

I think Trudeau went on his rant because of what happened in Ontario and he fears a national movement of a similar populist effort in parliament.  By ranting against Trump he would try to put a Canadian populist in the position of having to chose between Trump or Canada instead of both.  

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  XXJefferson51 @8.1    6 years ago

Yes, that's a valid possibility - from what he said, and Trump's response, Trudeau did galvanize the population, including those of other parties. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
8.1.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8.1.1    6 years ago

Any chance for a Harper comeback?  

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.1.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  XXJefferson51 @8.1.2    6 years ago

I don't think so. The party has a new leader now, but I don't know anything about him.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @8.1.3    6 years ago
Shouldn't you know - I mean it is your home country and all.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
8.1.6  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Tessylo @8.1.5    6 years ago

I will know, and before I send in an absentee ballot.  I just determined who the new leader is.  I no longer live there and don't always notice everything, but thanks for your GENUINE concern that I should make myself aware.  In any event, if a beaver were the leader of the Conservative party, I would vote for it in lieu of Trudeau and his Liberals anyway. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9  Tessylo    6 years ago

'He had no foreign policy experience. He did not understand the world. He was going to lead us into wars. He would be taken advantage of by our enemies. He would ruin our alliances. He would be a rube. A bumpkin. An embarrassment. That was what we were told.'

He still has no foreign policy experience.  He does not understand the world outside of himself and his massive ego.  He is being taken advantage of by our 'enemies'.  He's destroyed our alliances.  He is a rube.  A bumpkin.  An embarrassment.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @9    6 years ago

yawn.

Mad because Trump did what Obama could not.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
9.1.1  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1    6 years ago
Mad because Trump did what Obama could not.

Again, what did Trump do that Obama didn't? Oh yeah, alienate our allies, call dictators wonderful people, give away our "hold cards" to North Korea, placed tariffs on our allies so that the economy will crash.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @9.1.1    6 years ago

Once again, y'all are just mad that Obama couldn't do what Trump did--meet with NK.

Jealousy doesn't look good on anyone.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
9.1.3  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.2    6 years ago
Once again, y'all are just mad that Obama couldn't do what Trump did--meet with NK.

LOL, still trying to make Obama the current president, get over it, Obama is sitting on a beach somewhere getting some sun while Trump is giving away America.

Enjoy.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @9.1.3    6 years ago

Oh, I am, I am!

Anytime Obama is out of the spotlight, it's all good!

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
9.1.5  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.4    6 years ago
Oh, I am, I am! Anytime Obama is out of the spotlight, it's all good!

Then why do you keep bringing him up? No value. Removed - PRF

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
9.1.6  bbl-1  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1    6 years ago

No.  It is what Obama would not do.  Or any other president since the Kim Family Oligarchy seized control.   Kim's next stop is Moscow.  And for reasons I can not fathom, Kim wants to meet Assad. 

Trump has enabled the man ( Kim ) who drinks his people's blood, an open gate to the World.   Trump now has a new and reliable ally.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  bbl-1 @9.1.6    6 years ago

An open gate to the world?

WTH??

LynneA
Freshman Silent
9.1.8  LynneA  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.2    6 years ago
Obama couldn't do what Trump did--meet with NK.

Making a decision to not meet with NK is not the same as couldn't.  Wouldn't you agree?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.9  Texan1211  replied to  LynneA @9.1.8    6 years ago

Yes, but ANY way you look at it, Trump is moving forward--not backwards, not "maintaining the status quo"

LynneA
Freshman Silent
9.1.10  LynneA  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.9    6 years ago

Yes is sufficient. 

Declaratory statement, Obama couldn't do what Trump did--meet with NK., not supported by fact is opinion. 

Your opinion is noted.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.11  Texan1211  replied to  LynneA @9.1.10    6 years ago

Ok, Obama didn't do what Trump did. Better?

LynneA
Freshman Silent
9.1.12  LynneA  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.11    6 years ago

All better Happy , thank you.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.13  Texan1211  replied to  LynneA @9.1.12    6 years ago

that's a relief! I was getting pretty worried.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
9.1.14  bbl-1  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.7    6 years ago

I've said it before and I shall say it again.   You don't pay attention.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.15  Texan1211  replied to  bbl-1 @9.1.14    6 years ago

I have said it before, and I'll say it again, you don't make much sense.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
10  Dismayed Patriot    6 years ago

"Many of us expected the economic renewal of the U.S. to happen."

Because it had already recovered to pre-recession numbers and better under President Obama.

"Many of us foresaw a significant roll back of Saint Barack's horrid, destructive agenda."

Such a horrid agenda of cutting the deficit by 60%, cutting unemployment from 15% down to 4.7%, increasing veteran funding by 70%, supporting pay equity for women, supporting equal rights for LGTBQ Americans from marriage equality to the military, helping more than 20 million Americans afford health insurance and cutting health insurance premium increases by 65%. So Horrid! /s

"A lot of us hoped for a major push back on the left."

A lot of bigoted assholes who don't deserve to call themselves Americans who fly treasonous confederate flags and pictured the President as an ape and claimed he was a secret gay Muslim born in Kenya contrary to ALL evidence.

"None of us, no one I have read, no one I know, expected Donald Trump to be a giant in foreign policy."

And no one has been let down by their lack of expectation on that front. Trump has been nothing but a joke when it comes to foreign policy from day one. Hanging up in petty rages with our allies, never saying a negative thing about the despots and authoritarian murderers he admires so much.

"No one expected him to reshape the world."

Well, many believed he'd be the feckless moron he's turned out to be and believed that he would do some nearly irreparable damage to the US foreign policy, and they weren't disappointed. But even they didn't expect him to insult our friends and neighbors, start a trade war with allies, capitulate to a vile punk who murders his own people and has one of the worst human rights records on the planet.