╌>

UPDATE : ABC News says Cohen Is Likely To "Flip" And Co-operate With Prosecutors ///// Report: Criminal Indictment Of Trump's Personal Lawyer Is Imminent

Category:  News & Politics

By:  johnrussell  •  6 years ago  •  39 comments

UPDATE :  ABC News says Cohen Is Likely To "Flip" And Co-operate With Prosecutors /////  Report:   Criminal Indictment Of Trump's Personal Lawyer Is Imminent

UPDATE : Michael Cohen, President Donald Trump ’s longtime confidant and former personal attorney, is likely to cooperate with federal investigators, as his lawyers are expected to leave the case, sources said.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/trump-lawyer-michael-cohen-cooperate-attorneys-leave-case/story?id=55861988

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MSNBC is reporting this morning that Michael Cohen's lawyers have been informed that indictment papers are in the works for their client. Criminal charges against Trump's personal lawyer Cohen could come as early as tomorrow, according to NBC news. 

The next question will be, will Cohen "flip" now that he is about to be charged with crimes that carry prison sentences? One theory is that Cohen is making this news public now so Cohen can signal to Trump that he wants some protection in the form of assurances of pardons or some other help from the president. 

Another theory is that Cohen is waiting to see what the exact charges are before deciding whether to co-operate and possibly implicate Trump or others in wrongdoing. 

In any case, the legal troubles for the Trump circle are growing more concerning. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    6 years ago

Cohen has been telling friends he fears his arrest is imminent, the source told the New York Daily News. Cohen remains under federal investigation for possible bank fraud and campaign finance violations; the FBI raided his Manhattan home, hotel room and office in April.

Cohen, 51, did not immediately return a request for comment.

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1  Ender  replied to  JohnRussell @1    6 years ago

His shady land deals and banking deals are being looked at. They involved Kushner.

Follow the money trail.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1    6 years ago

MSNBC is reporting this morning that Michael Cohen's lawyers have been informed that indictment papers are in the works for their client. 

His lawyers have quit. Cohen is now broke from legal fees.  Where is the "story" about Cohen "flipping" coming from?

Ender
Professor Principal
1.2.1  Ender  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2    6 years ago

I have heard the Cohen got rid of them.

Chaves' firms used the cash from Kushner to buy apartments from Trump attorney Michael Cohen. Chaves paid $32 million for four apartments that Cohen bought one to three years prior for $11.4 million.

Cohen, in turn, immediately reinvested his new $32 million in a 1031 exchange of his own — part of which involved Chaves.

In February 2015, Chaves and Cohen partnered on the purchase of an apartment building at 330 East 63rd St. in Manhattan for $58 million. The next month, Cohen purchased yet another Manhattan apartment building for $10.5 million.

Link

It is hard to see how he is all the sudden broke.

“It’s going to be very hard to figure out what he did with the money,” Zuckerman said.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ender @1.2.1    6 years ago
I have heard the Cohen got rid of them.

You must have been watching CNN or reading the Washington Post, neither knew the reason why Cohen's lawyers were gone.
Here:

The McDermott lawyers representing Cohen are Stephen Ryan and Todd Harrison. A source tells the Times that the split is primarily over payment of Ryan’s legal bills.

www.abajournal.com/news/article/mcdermott_is_reportedly_parting_ways_with_its_client_michael_cohen

It is hard to see how he is all the sudden broke.

Lol!  Lawyers will do that. Avennati said they broke him and he claims o know what Cohen had to pay them. It is part of the governments tactics

Ender
Professor Principal
1.2.3  Ender  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.2    6 years ago

From your link,

Above the Law  offers its speculation on possible reasons for the split

They don't know any more than we do. It could be one way it could be the other. I was offering what I heard, as were you.

If Cohen were planning to cooperate, he wouldn’t need lawyers as expensive as those at McDermott, the blog says. Another possibility is that Cohen can’t afford to pay McDermott. A third scenario is that McDermott “is embarrassed and no longer wants to be associated with Trump world,” the blog says. Another possibility is Cohen plans to represent himself.

As far as him supposedly being broke, he has a lot of property worth millions.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.2.4  Ozzwald  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2    6 years ago
Cohen is now broke from legal fees.

How can he be broke after all the money (millions) from his "pay for play" schemes?  Could it be that most of the money went to his partner in the "pay for play"?

Or could he have dropped his lawyers for different reasons entirely?  Like Gates did just before agreeing to cooperate with Mueller?

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.2.5  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Ozzwald @1.2.4    6 years ago
How can he be broke after all the money (millions) from his "pay for play" schemes?

When you're laundering money for mobsters and oligarchs in Russia the money it looks like you have isn't really yours. I'm sure he was well paid for his services, but not in the tens of millions it looked like he was profiting from the sales of these properties. And if he tried to pocket more than his share I'm sure he knew what body of water he'd be trying to tread with his new pair of concrete shoes.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.4  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @1    6 years ago

So who is that fake source?

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
3  Hal A. Lujah    6 years ago

He may find himself laced up in a pair of concrete sneakas this week.

Save Me Jebus
Freshman Silent
4  Save Me Jebus    6 years ago

So they found another witch.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5  Jeremy Retired in NC    6 years ago
MSNBC is reporting 

MS(13)BC "reporting".  They are giving Stephen King a run for his money on made up stories.laughing dude laughing dude

cjcold
Professor Quiet
5.1  cjcold  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5    6 years ago

So admissions of guilt are "made up stories"?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.2  Ozzwald  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5    6 years ago
They are giving Stephen King a run for his money on made up stories.

Be specific, which part are you claiming is "made up"?

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5.2.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Ozzwald @5.2    6 years ago

I think he’s still stuck on the made up story about Obama being born in the US.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.2.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.2.1    6 years ago

Cohen being involved in the President's colluding with Russia to win the election.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
5.2.3  Ozzwald  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @5.2.2    6 years ago
Cohen being involved in the President's colluding with Russia to win the election.

How do you know it is false?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.2.4  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Ozzwald @5.2.3    6 years ago

What does it have to do with what Mueller was to be investigating?  Absolutely NOTHING.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6  Tacos!    6 years ago
will Cohen "flip" now that he is about to be charged with crimes that carry prison sentences?

Unlikely. People have been watching too much "Law & Order." They seem to think any time someone gets arrested, they get off by producing evidence on Mr. Big. We have heard this "flipping" speculation about countless witnesses or people charged and yet neither Trump nor anyone near him has been exposed as a result.

The truth is this flipping business doesn't happen most of the time and prosecutors don't give up on a conviction unless they really have to.

Also, it's pretty clear that Cohen has been under investigation for some time and not for anything related to his representation of Trump. The guy looks like a crooked lawyer for lots of reasons. And while it makes for sensational headlines to connect him to Trump, it appears that Trump was a small part of what he was doing, and obviously the work he did for Trump was a small part of Trump's affairs.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
6.2  cjcold  replied to  Tacos! @6    6 years ago
neither Trump nor anyone near him has been exposed as a result.

Tick tock tick tock.

Silent_Hysteria
Freshman Silent
7  Silent_Hysteria    6 years ago

I remember when bannons indictment was imminent as well.. "sources" say...  can we just wait until things actually happen?

lib50
Professor Silent
7.1  lib50  replied to  Silent_Hysteria @7    6 years ago
I remember when bannons indictment was imminent as well..

I don't remember anybody thinking Bannon would be indicted.  Manafort, yes.  Bannon, no. 

Silent_Hysteria
Freshman Silent
7.1.1  Silent_Hysteria  replied to  lib50 @7.1    6 years ago

Actually you are right.. I meant I remember when "sources said" Gannon was flipping on trump and testifying etc etc