╌>

We Said "Never Again", I guess 2018 is Never.

Category:  News & Politics

By:  galen-marvin-ross  •  6 years ago  •  110 comments

We Said "Never Again", I guess 2018 is Never.

December 7, 1941 was a day that indeed lived in infamy, after the bombing of Pearl Harbor something happened to our country, there was a mind set that said that anyone with Japanese in their DNA was the enemy you didn't trust so, according to U.S. policy, all people of Japanese decent were rounded up and, taken to internment camps, after the war we said that we, as Americans, would never do anything like that again, well, never has arrived folks. This is video of a Japanese internment camp during WWII.

This is what is happening now in the U.S. and, it is time to wake up and, smell the coffee folks.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/outrage-grows-as-families-are-separated-will-trump-change-his-policy/ar-AAyNkpb?ocid=spartanntp

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/what-the-first-ladies-have-to-say-about-zero-tolerance-immigration-policy/ar-AAyN3MF?ocid=spartanntp

https://www.christianitytoday.com/news/2018/june/world-refugee-day-2018-us-asylum-border-welcoming-stranger.html

We said never again but, it seems the Trump Administration didn't get the memo.

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1  author  Galen Marvin Ross    6 years ago

This is an original piece please keep your comments civil and, in line with what the article is about, which is Trumps immigration policy of separating children from their parents at the border.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1  Kavika   replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1    6 years ago

The US has a long history of this..Slavery, Japanese interment, Native America forced onto reservations and the latest,

"Indian Boarding Schools'' The ''Indian Boarding School'' era from 1890 to 1980 most everyones lifetime....yup, that is the one everyone doesn't want to hear about...IMO, this current policy is nothing more the the latest of the four that I mentioned.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.1.1  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Kavika @1.1    6 years ago

And, each time we say, "Never again."

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
1.1.2  Skrekk  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.1.1    6 years ago

Don't forget what Trump said when he was pushing his anti-Muslim nonsense during the campaign......that he might have supported the WWII internment camps.    So if he doesn't see a problem imprisoning innocent Americans why would he care about any child regardless of their citizenship?

Republican presidential frontrunner   Donald Trump   told TIME that he does not know whether he would have supported or opposed the internment of Japanese Americans during World War II.

“I would have had to be there at the time to tell you, to give you a proper answer,” he said during a recent interview in his office in New York City. “I certainly hate the concept of it. But I would have had to be there at the time to give you a proper answer.”

Trump added that he believes wartime sometimes requires difficult choices. “It’s a tough thing. It’s tough,” he said. “But you know war is tough. And winning is tough. We don’t win anymore. We don’t win wars anymore. We don’t win wars anymore. We’re not a strong country anymore. We’re just so off.”

Snuffy
Professor Participates
1.1.3  Snuffy  replied to  Skrekk @1.1.2    6 years ago

I tend to think that's an honest answer. It's easy to look back on a situation and know that it's wrong. But if you are there in the middle of it at that time how would you think?

I mean,  think back about other very important but troubling times in history. For example, June 6th, 1944. Knowing what you know today of course you would go with the landing. But go back to the time right before the invasion with only the knowledge they had at the time. All the issues that are wrong, all the factors lined up against you, the tremendous gamble of the attempt, the potential huge loss of life.  Would you go or would you wait?  Hindsight is so much easier...

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.1.4  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Snuffy @1.1.3    6 years ago
I tend to think that's an honest answer. It's easy to look back on a situation and know that it's wrong. But if you are there in the middle of it at that time how would you think?

My parents had skin in the game, so to speak. My dad had a brother at Pearl on the day it was bombed, he kept the flag used on the coffin and, flew it on every day that memorialized our country or, military, especially Dec. 7th. I think they were embarrassed by that time simply from the way they acted whenever it was brought up, all they ever said was, "It was wrong", nothing else.

I mean, think back about other very important but troubling times in history. For example, June 6th, 1944. Knowing what you know today of course you would go with the landing. But go back to the time right before the invasion with only the knowledge they had at the time. All the issues that are wrong, all the factors lined up against you, the tremendous gamble of the attempt, the potential huge loss of life. Would you go or would you wait? Hindsight is so much easier...

Dad landed at Normandy on that day, 'nuf said.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
1.1.5  SteevieGee  replied to  Snuffy @1.1.3    6 years ago
It's easy to look back on a situation and know that it's wrong. But if you are there in the middle of it at that time how would you think?

I don't know Snuffy.  I can look at this situation in the middle of it at this time and clearly see that it's horribly wrong.  Also, we are not at war with Mexico or any central American countries so I reject the notion that this is a huge gamble and that there is any potential for huge loss of life here.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
1.1.6  arkpdx  replied to  SteevieGee @1.1.5    6 years ago
I can look at this situation in the middle of it at this time and clearly see that it's horribly wrong.

Yeah,  all you need to do is look and see that Trump is president and you think it's wrong. If it was ,oh say the previous president you wouldn't say a thing. 

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
1.1.7  SteevieGee  replied to  arkpdx @1.1.6    6 years ago

It's wrong no matter who does it.  I think the point of the article is that we can't change the past but we can learn from it if we only make the slightest effort.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.1.8  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  SteevieGee @1.1.5    6 years ago

Agreed.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
1.1.9  arkpdx  replied to  SteevieGee @1.1.7    6 years ago

So where was all the protests from the left when Obama was doing the same thing 

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.1.10  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  SteevieGee @1.1.7    6 years ago
I think the point of the article is that we can't change the past but we can learn from it if we only make the slightest effort.

Exactly.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
1.1.11  Skrekk  replied to  Snuffy @1.1.3    6 years ago
Hindsight is so much easier...

I know, right?    Who could have known that it was wrong to imprison innocent people based merely on their ethnicity, to send thousands of Jewish refugees to their deaths by refusing them refuge, and to abduct refugee children from their refugee parents?    "Nobody knew presidenting could be so complicated."

Veronica
Professor Guide
1.1.12  Veronica  replied to  arkpdx @1.1.9    6 years ago

If that is true why did the right NOT support Obama as they are Trump?

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
1.1.13  arkpdx  replied to  Veronica @1.1.12    6 years ago

They did. They  did not protest and fake outrage like the left is doing. 

Veronica
Professor Guide
1.1.14  Veronica  replied to  arkpdx @1.1.13    6 years ago

I have never seen the support for Obama from the right.  If he did the same thing as Trump then surely the right should be singing his praises, but they are not, never have, never do and never will.  

In fact... I seem to recall that when Obama won & the "left" said how horrible GW left things in this country the "right" bemoaned the fact that it was in the past & should be left there, but here we are with "your" president & all you do is moan about Obama.  Seems to me you should leave the past in the past, as you wanted the left to do with GW.  Or are there two sets of rules?  

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
1.1.15  arkpdx  replied to  Veronica @1.1.14    6 years ago
 Or are there two sets of rules?  

You seem to think there are. All we heard from the 8 years of the Obama term was someone else did it or it was someone else's fault or so and did it first. They even extended that to Clinton or have you forgotten all the times the left said what about Condi Rice or Colin Powell . So yes there does seem to be two sets of rules at least according to the left. 

Veronica
Professor Guide
1.1.16  Veronica  replied to  arkpdx @1.1.15    6 years ago

Funny you saying the left does it when you are doing it right here.  LOL.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
1.1.17  arkpdx  replied to  Veronica @1.1.16    6 years ago

And your not? 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1    6 years ago

Let us not forget that the Democrats were behind the internment camps.

Lots of difference when it comes to parents not being around their kiddos for a few days because the border jumpers committed a crime by fraudulently applying for asylum. American men and women in prison can't see their children except at visitation.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.2.1  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Greg Jones @1.2    6 years ago
Let us not forget that the Democrats were behind the internment camps.

I don't give a shit who was behind the Japanese Internment camps, it was wrong then and, it is wrong now.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
1.2.2  SteevieGee  replied to  Greg Jones @1.2    6 years ago

And Lincoln was a Republican and the KKK was Democratic etc etc...  We've heard all that before Greg.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.2.3  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Greg Jones @1.2    6 years ago
Lots of difference when it comes to parents not being around their kiddos for a few days because the border jumpers committed a crime by fraudulently applying for asylum.

No judge has decided that, unless you are saying you are now a immigration judge. Are you?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.2.4  Greg Jones  replied to  SteevieGee @1.2.2    6 years ago

Trump and Sessions are just enforcing the laws that Obama ignored. Aren't we a nation of laws? Anyone who says this wasn't going on previously is lying.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.2.5  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Greg Jones @1.2.4    6 years ago
Trump and Sessions are just enforcing the laws that Obama ignored.

Once more and, I know that you have seen this before. 

THERE IS NO LAW ON THE BOOKS THAT CALLS FOR SEPARATING IMMIGRANT CHILDREN FROM THEIR PARENTS, THAT IS A TRUMP POLICY.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
1.2.6  SteevieGee  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.2.5    6 years ago
THERE IS NO LAW ON THE BOOKS THAT CALLS FOR SEPARATING IMMIGRANT CHILDREN FROM THEIR PARENTS, THAT IS A TRUMP POLICY.

I just thought this needed saying again.  Perhaps Greg could come up with the law that requires this. (I'll save you some time Greg. it doesn't exist.)

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1    6 years ago

The phrase from your title "Never again"  "was first popularized as a  Jewish  rallying cry by militant Zionist leader  Meir Kahane  in his 1972 book “Never Again!: A Program for Survival.”

I think he would be outraged at the analogy your'e trying to make

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.3.1  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3    6 years ago
I think he would be outraged at the analogy your'e trying to make

I think he would back me on this Vic, 2300 kids are somewhere in America without their parents, while their parents are either in prison and, not yet convicted of anything or, getting ready to be deported without their children or, have been deported without their children already.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.3.1    6 years ago
I think he would back me on this Vic

Definitely not Gale. He would condemn you for diminishing, first, the Holocaust, which is what those words referred to and secondly the false analogy of comparing what was done to American citizens (Japanese Americans) to what had to be done (if you care about the law) with illegal immigrants who brought children with them.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.3.3  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.2    6 years ago
Definitely not Gale. He would condemn you for diminishing, first, the Holocaust, which is what those words referred to and secondly the false analogy of comparing what was done to American citizens (Japanese Americans) to what had to be done (if you care about the law) with illegal immigrants who brought children with them.

It is a matter of humanity, if you don't get that, then I don't know what to tell you. Maybe, when and, if Trump gets to the point of locking up Americans simply because they want to express their First Amendment rights but, I kind of doubt that until it actually happens to you personally.

First they came for the "illegal aliens"
and I did not speak out
because I was not a "illegal alien".
Then they came for the Journalists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Journalist.
Then they came for the Democrats 
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Democrat.
Then they came for me
and there was no one left
to speak out for me.

Something to think about.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.4  Vic Eldred  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.3.3    6 years ago
Maybe, when and, if Trump gets to the point of locking up Americans

Americans face the same rules. If an American citizen with an infant commits a crime, they are separated from their infant child.  Maybe it's because they are aliens which generates your outrage? It is "others" that you care about?  I'm sorry, our laws apply to everyone equally.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.3.5  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.4    6 years ago
Americans face the same rules. If an American citizen with an infant commits a crime, they are separated from their infant child.

So, if someone gets a speeding ticket they should lose their kids? Got it.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.3.6  Vic Eldred  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.3.5    6 years ago

A traffic ticket may not be a criminal offense. However if you do go to jail, your kids don't go with you.  I think anyone can understand that

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.3.7  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.3.6    6 years ago
A traffic ticket may not be a criminal offense. However if you do go to jail, your kids don't go with you.

So, let me ask you this, if you go to jail and, your kids are taken, is it ok to take the kids across country to another state and, lose track of them? As to your statement above, if you receive a traffic ticket, it means you broke a law, to use your own phrasing, "If you break a law you commit a crime", so, if you get a traffic ticket which like a first offense of crossing the border is it is a misdemeanor, should your kids be taken from you? Please answer both questions, as I posed them to you in this comment.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  JohnRussell    6 years ago

I don't think it's totally out of the question that Trump is using this as a trial balloon to gauge how much outrage there would be to mass incarcerations of US citizens (in this case , those who resist Trumpism). 

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
2.1  SteevieGee  replied to  JohnRussell @2    6 years ago

That's a scary thought.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.2  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @2    6 years ago

What's scary is you even making such a foolish statement.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
2.2.1  SteevieGee  replied to  Greg Jones @2.2    6 years ago

Waitin' on that law Greg.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
3  The Magic 8 Ball    6 years ago
We said never again but, it seems the Trump Administration didn't get the memo.
holy shit... trump is burning kids in ovens?
wait... you do know that "never again" has nothing to do with being locked up
and "never again only refers to the "genocide of the jewish people?
 perhaps you missed that memo?

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
3.1  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @3    6 years ago
holy shit... trump is burning kids in ovens? wait... you do know that "never again" refers to the "genocide of the jewish

No, it also refers to the internment of the Japanese Americans during WWII. Read history and, learn from it.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
3.1.1  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @3.1    6 years ago
it also refers to the internment of the Japanese Americans during WWII.

never again is used very often but most people attribute it to the holocaust

as for internments?

the only historical reference found other than some people/bloggers/hacks who hijacked a cool choice of words from the jewish people?

and a "national mistake" which "shall never again be repeated"

BTW in relation to internment? the words "never again" are not even found here.

as for illegals being locked up?   never again, means never again breaking our immigration laws without going to jail

as for the saying "never again" in general?

I heard that about the gop winning the presidency about 2 yrs ago...  never again my ass :)

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
3.1.2  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @3.1.1    6 years ago

When we speak of this kind of thing never happening again, we are speaking of the Japanese internment and, of the Jewish genocide of WWII, both were things that should never have happened and, should never happen again, what Trump is doing right now at the border is something that never should have happened and, members of the GOP and, even the FLOTUS has stated that this is wrong.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.1.3  Skrekk  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @3.1.2    6 years ago

The US also has a shameful history of refusing refugees during WWII......it seems Trump wants to repeat that disgraceful chapter of our history.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
3.1.4  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Skrekk @3.1.3    6 years ago

You're speaking of this.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.1.5  Greg Jones  replied to  Skrekk @3.1.3    6 years ago

So, what is your solution to the very real illegal immigrant problem?? And now we learn many of these kids are with drug runners, sexual predators and traffickers, and assorted criminals and gang members.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
3.1.6  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1.5    6 years ago
And now we learn many of these kids are with drug runners, sexual predators and traffickers, and assorted criminals and gang members.

Umm, no, that is a Trump meme and, I won't have it repeated on my seed.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
3.1.7  Sunshine  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @3.1.6    6 years ago
Umm, no, that is a Trump meme and, I won't have it repeated on my seed.

No it isn't...

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.1.8  Skrekk  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @3.1.4    6 years ago

I like how Melania's immigration attorney noted that Trump's policy is "reminiscent of detention centers of Nazi Germany, of the slave trade."

“When we’re dealing with this challenge, we should not be quarantining our children from parents. The inhumanity of what we see is reminiscent of detention centers of Nazi Germany, of the slave trade. We can do better when we try to figure out this problem. Let’s not forget, this problem needs to be fixed because the greatest risk-takers and greatest entrepreneurs historically have been immigrants this country.” – Immigration lawyer Michael Wildes, who counts the First Lady and her parents among his clients, speaking this morning during a Fox & Friends focus group.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
3.1.9  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Sunshine @3.1.7    6 years ago

This does not say that the people who are seeking asylum NOW, TODAY AT THE BORDER are human traffickers, what it talks about is the stupidity of our government in placing the kids who came over, BY THEMSELVES and, were placed BY OUR GOVERNMENT in the hands of traffickers so, what makes you think they won't make the same mistake here when they government is shipping the adults back to their home country and, keeping the kids here. Who is the government placing those kids with?

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
3.1.10  Sunshine  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @3.1.9    6 years ago
what makes you think they won't make the same mistake here when they government is shipping the adults back to their home country and, keeping the kids here.

It is my understanding that when a parent is deported they can ask for their child to be returned with them.  Problem solved. 

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
3.1.11  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Sunshine @3.1.10    6 years ago
It is my understanding that when a parent is deported they can ask for their child to be returned with them.

Then you miss understand, it is up to the deportation officer to agree to that, if they chose to agree to it then the parent can wait until their child is found, other wise they are sent back to their country without their child and, the child is then put in foster care for a set number of years. It's a nice set up for Trumps "labor force", by the time the kids get out of foster care they don't really remember their parents and, they speak English so, why go back to a country were they don't understand anyone, they can get a job working at a Trump hotel as a maid or, grounds keeper for pennies on the dollar.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
3.1.12  Sunshine  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @3.1.11    6 years ago
Then you miss understand,

No...

They can also ask for their children to be returned to them during deportation or can request that children be placed with family living legally in the US. Parents in these situations can also ask that the children be permitted to return to their country of origin, but in many cases families are unaware of these options.

Children remain in the foster system because their parents leave them.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
3.1.13  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Sunshine @3.1.12    6 years ago

When the government gives them no choice in the matter. One woman told the press that when she was taken into custody she was told by immigration that she could file for asylum AFTER SHE SIGNED the deportation papers and, that her child would be returned to her then, she was deported as soon as the papers were signed and, she kept demanding that her child be returned, she hasn't seen her child in six months, she's in Guatemala and, her daughter is somewhere in the U.S., no U.S. official knows were. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.14  XXJefferson51  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @3.1.6    6 years ago

deleted, skirting   {SP}

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
3.1.15  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Sunshine @3.1.12    6 years ago

You forgot the most important part of that statement, "not by choice". "Children remain in the foster system because their parents leave and, it is not by choice."

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
3.2  SteevieGee  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @3    6 years ago

Skirting the Coc "BF"

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
4  author  Galen Marvin Ross    6 years ago

It's unlocked now.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5  It Is ME    6 years ago

"We Said "Never Again", I guess 2018 is Never."

WOW ! Trump Syndrome " Desperation" is flat out ......… out of hand now Face Palm Disappointment

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
5.1  Greg Jones  replied to  It Is ME @5    6 years ago

I know...the wider population of potential voters is simply not buying the faux outrage and the anti-Trump hysteria that the Democrats are trying so hard to foist upon us.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
5.1.1  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Greg Jones @5.1    6 years ago
I know...the wider population of potential voters is simply not buying the faux outrage and the anti-Trump hysteria that the Democrats are trying so hard to foist upon us.

Then why are Congressional Republicans, like Ted Cruz coming out and, saying this Trump policy is wrong? I think he might be scared that this could hurt him in November.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
5.1.2  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @5.1.1    6 years ago

Up date, Steve Schmidt, the man who handled McCains campaign for president and, an advocate of the Tea Party has decided he can no longer be a Republican, that's right, he has quit the Republican Party.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.1.3  XXJefferson51  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @5.1.2    6 years ago

Schmidt is an establishment rino who was always opposed to the tea party.  He also sabotaged the campaign by hamstringing the tickets VP candidate and making her a bigger opponent of him than Obama/Biden.  He will not be missed.  In fact his departure is celebrated here.  

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
5.1.4  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.1.3    6 years ago
He also sabotaged the campaign by hamstringing the tickets VP candidate and making her a bigger opponent of him than Obama/Biden.

That was the GOP that wanted Palin, she was the sweetheart of the Tea Party, no one in the McCain campaign liked her as far as Schimidt being a RINO that is total BS, he didn't turn against the party, he turned against the Trump faction of the party, as many in the GOP are doing now. 

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
7  Rmando    6 years ago

All this article proves is that the liberals and the never Trumpers are terrible at historical analogies. Where is the part about these illegal aliens living in this country for generations, being fluent in English and being rounded up because the country of their ancestors attacked this one? Another swing and a miss....

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
7.1  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Rmando @7    6 years ago
Where is the part about these illegal aliens living in this country for generations, being fluent in English and being rounded up because the country of their ancestors attacked this one? Another swing and a miss....

What the what? When did Honduras attack us, when did Guatemala attack us?

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
7.1.1  Rmando  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @7.1    6 years ago

My point exactly. This border "outrage" is nothing like internment camps. These kids are living better in those than at home. They and their parents were never citizens of this country.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
7.1.2  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Rmando @7.1.1    6 years ago
My point exactly. This border "outrage" is nothing like internment camps. These kids are living better in those than at home. They and their parents were never citizens of this country.

Seriously, your going with that. Let me ask you something and, I'd like an honest answer. If someone from the government came up to you and, your family on the street and, said, "give me your kids right now or, I will shoot you dead" what would you do? Would fight for your kids, would you just hand them over and, forget about them, would hand them over and, then fight for them in court and, every fucking where else you could? What would you do?

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
7.1.3  Rmando  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @7.1.2    6 years ago

I wouldn't be sneaking into a country in the first place and what fictional scenario are you talking about where kids are being taken at gun point?? Trump Derangement Syndrome has really affected the Trump haters to epidemic proportions. Now you're just making up fantasies and ignoring reality if completely. If parents break the law then their kids are removed. 

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
7.1.4  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Rmando @7.1.3    6 years ago
I wouldn't be sneaking into a country in the first place and what fictional scenario are you talking about where kids are being taken at gun point?? Trump Derangement Syndrome has really affected the Trump haters to epidemic proportions. Now you're just making up fantasies and ignoring reality if completely. If parents break the law then their kids are removed.

Yep, I can see by your posts you have about as much heart as a statue. I hope nothing ever happens to your kids but, if it does, remember this day.

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
7.1.5  Rmando  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @7.1.4    6 years ago

Yes, I hope nothing happens to my kids too- like being killed by an illegal drunk driver and shot on a pier somewhere. I know in that case I can expect zero sympathy from Trump haters who will allow the killer goes free- if he's even prosecuted at all.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
7.1.6  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Rmando @7.1.5    6 years ago
Yes, I hope nothing happens to my kids too- like being killed by an illegal drunk driver and shot on a pier somewhere. I know in that case I can expect zero sympathy from Trump haters who will allow the killer goes free- if he's even prosecuted at all.

You really have to get over this hatred of 2/3rds of the country, blaming your problems on them is just mental, have you ever thought about therapy?

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
7.1.7  Rmando  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @7.1.6    6 years ago

What 2/3 of the country? If the Dems had that much support they would control all branches of govt. They have at best half the support of the country and a lot of those don't even vote. 

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
7.1.8  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Rmando @7.1.7    6 years ago

they also have to keep recruiting new ignorant kids from college every year just to keep up with the ones that leave the dems when they figure out their bs

seriously... after all these decades. if the dems could keep every college recruit in their ranks longterm? they would have that 2/3rds majority by now... easy money.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
7.1.9  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Rmando @7.1.7    6 years ago

trumpcard.jpg Ok so, Trump has a 41% approval rating which means that at least 54% disapprove of his job as president, it may not be right on 2/3rds but, it is damn close. Any other politician with this kind of rating would be worried about their re-election chances.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
7.1.10  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @7.1.8    6 years ago
seriously... after all these decades. if the dems could keep every college recruit in their ranks longterm? they would have that 2/3rds majority by now... easy money.

Let's see what happens in November.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
7.1.11  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @7.1.10    6 years ago

im lookin forward to it... c-ya back here then :)

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
7.1.13  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  XDm9mm @7.1.12    6 years ago
Say Galen, weren't you among the crowd that was proclaiming to the world that Clinton would win in a landslide and Trump effectively didn't stand a snow balls chance in hell?

LOL, 9mm, I was one of the few on my end that kept saying Hillary needed to wake the fuck up and, the Bernie supporters needed to get on her side or, Trump would win but, of course no one ever listens to the crazy old guy.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
7.1.15  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  XDm9mm @7.1.14    6 years ago
Of course, that's at least until reality smacks them upside the head.

Well, I can't claim I know everything, I did vote for Mondale and, Gore, I thought Gore had it sewed up but, didn't think Mondale had a chance in hell.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
7.1.16  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @7.1.13    6 years ago
the Bernie supporters needed to get on her side

and I told you there was no way in hell bernies people would vote for hillary.  not even the smallest of chances.

with hillary gone?  those voters still hold the DNC responsible for that crap and will be in no rush to save the DNC ever again. that voting block is lost for good.  people tend to ignore a political party that rigs the primaries... simple fact of nature.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
7.1.17  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @7.1.13    6 years ago
of course no one ever listens to the crazy old guy.

I said the same thing in 09 after I said the obama progressive reign will bring a right-lash of epic proportions.

everyone on the site that remains nameless told me I was crazy... using very derogatory terms I might add... 

and we had big discussions about the "overton window... yadda yadda... LOL = and then? enter trump

quick question... hows the right-lash been treating you so far?

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
7.1.18  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @7.1.16    6 years ago
people tend to ignore a political party that rigs the primaries... simple fact of nature.

True, however, you haven't been paying attention, there is some new blood showing up in the primary's and, that new blood is hot on the trail of the old blood and, they are winning, not only the primary's but, the special elections, remember Virginia, Wisconsin, North Carolina and, Pennsylvania recently?

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
7.1.19  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @7.1.17    6 years ago
quick question... hows the right-lash been treating you so far?

I learned a long time ago, the people remember what happened the month before the election not what happened in June, I don't see Trump playing nice in October just to get votes for his people, I do see him trying to campaign for them, which should make things fun, as in Roy Moore fun, remember him?

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
7.1.21  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @7.1.19    6 years ago
the people remember what happened the month before the election

well.. that bit is true enough but people also NEVER forget being fuked like the DNC fuked bernie supporters. they got bent over fo real, being raped like that sticks with a person for life.

the problem now is what will happen a month before midterms?  my guess is a lot of people who tried to take down trump will be going down about then... that should be a fun time to remind voters exactly how criminal the left is. and then? the true moderates left in the democrat party will suddenly become independent.

mark my words on this one

the 7million obama supporters who voted trump?  that was just the beginning of the lefts problems,  not the end by a long shot.

cheers   :)

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
7.1.22  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  XDm9mm @7.1.20    6 years ago
and regardless of the minor dip in the market, the economy is going gangbusters.

Thanks to Obama's policies when he was in office, not Trump but, before we get started on that and, I have to put up charts showing how wrong you are, let's look at who the Republicans are fielding this year, most of the people who are winning the Republican nominations are racist and, they admit they are racists, how many of them do you think have a chance against the general population in their areas and, in Pennsylvania the Republicans don't have gerrymandered districts any longer, yep, it will be interesting to see what happens. I don't really expect a "Blue wave" but, I do expect some things to change.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
7.1.23  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @7.1.22    6 years ago
Thanks to Obama's policies when he was in office

obama told trump to erase his regulations, lower our taxes and then start a trade war?  how fortuitous  :)

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
7.1.24  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @7.1.21    6 years ago
my guess is a lot of people who tried to take down trump will be going down about then... that should be a fun time to remind voters exactly how criminal the left is.

LOL, still trying to say that everyone on the left is a criminal, without any evidence to back it up, tell me, who has had more people indicted, Trump or, Obama?

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
7.1.25  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @7.1.23    6 years ago
obama told trump to erase his regulations, lower our taxes and then start a trade war?

Obviously, reading comprehension isn't a strong suit for you, too bad.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
7.1.26  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @7.1.24    6 years ago
still trying to say that everyone on the left is a criminal

never said "everyone on the left was a criminal. 

try not to be so melodramatic k? I know for you that might be impossible... but give it a whirl just for fun

Cheers :)

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
7.1.28  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @7.1.25    6 years ago

unless obama told trump to do those things? this is not obamas economy - not even close.

download (10).jpg

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
7.1.29  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  XDm9mm @7.1.27    6 years ago
without us, the Chinese economy essentially implodes?

yepp.  that is a fact.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
7.1.30  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  XDm9mm @7.1.27    6 years ago
make damn sure you include the nearly one trillion dollar stimulus package to get Obama started, and then the Quantitative Easing stimulus of 85 BILLION dollars a month for the majority of his TWO terms.

OK,

dow-obama-trump.jpg First chart. This is the rise of the Dow.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
7.1.31  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @7.1.30    6 years ago

Here too, the bailout,

By Kimberly Amadeo Updated April 27, 2018
The U.S. government bailout of the auto industry lasted from January 2009 to December 2013. The Big Three automakers approached Congress in November 2008. They warned that, without the bailout, General Motors Company and Chrysler LLC faced bankruptcy and the loss of one million jobs. The Ford Motor Company didn't need the funds since it had already cut costs. But it asked to be included so it wouldn't suffer by competing with subsidized companies.

The Treasury Department invested $80.7 billion from the $700 billion authorized by Emergency Economic Stabilization Act. It recouped all but $10.2 billion. It both lent money and bought stock ownership in GM and Chrysler. It also provided incentives to spur new car purchases. In effect, the government nationalized GM and Chrysler just as it did Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and the American International Group.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
7.1.32  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @7.1.31    6 years ago

More for ya,

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
7.1.34  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  XDm9mm @7.1.33    6 years ago

Oh, yeah, you mean when Trump gave the corporations and, the rich tax cuts and, pulled a fake on the everyone else and, the stock buy backs started up. Now, the rich have another problem, Trump has put tariffs on the country's they do business with and, they know that everything they buy from those country's is going to go up because of the reciprocal tariffs those country's are going to put on us, so, the market is in flux once again, keep watching, Trumps crash is on the way.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
7.1.38  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  XDm9mm @7.1.35    6 years ago
So, please tell me EXACTLY what then was responsible for the spike STARTING in 2016 on the election of Trump?

Sure, there was a jump in the market, all the investors saw one of their people get in the White House, it was a jump that showed the 1% were tickled to death that someone who would give them tax cuts and, cut regulations that kept them from polluting the environment and, cheating on taxes and, other things that kept them from lining their pockets on the American taxpayers dime would be taken care of. You think that Trump gives a shit about you? That is too rich.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
7.1.40  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  XDm9mm @7.1.39    6 years ago
As long as it's taken, it should be a really good one. And I'm sorry if you were unable to reap any of the benefits of the tax cut.

Maybe you didn't understand the tax cuts like everyone else did, the rich's portion of the cut continues on no matter what happens, however, those who aren't part of the upper 10% can see those nice tax cuts turn into tax increases starting in 2021. Amazing how that happens right after the next general election, isn't it.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
7.1.41  author  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  XDm9mm @7.1.39    6 years ago
As long as it's taken, it should be a really good one.

As you're so fond of saying, Google is your friend, look it up yourself, if I put it up all you'll say is "It's just Left wing BS, it never happened."

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
8  author  Galen Marvin Ross    6 years ago

This one is unlocked too.