╌>

Trump approval ties his personal high as satisfaction with U.S. direction reaches highest level in 12 years

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  heartland-american  •  6 years ago  •  60 comments

Trump approval ties his personal high as satisfaction with U.S. direction reaches highest level in 12 years

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

It must be that child separation policy that everyone seems to love.

Well … that, or the gangbusters economy. Yeah, probably the gangbusters economy. Which soon may be even more gangbusters than it is right now.

Not to rain on POTUS’s parade, as this is great news, but imagine topping out in job approval at 45/50 despite rolling out one sweet jobs report after another for months. Republicans like to point to the fact that Obama was also mired in the mid-40s approval-wise for much of his presidency, which is a fair point: In our hyperpartisan age, all presidents are destined to muddle along in that range, it seems. But remember that at this point of Obama’s presidency we were less than two years removed from the financial crisis, with O’s White House watching for “green shoots” economically and touting “recovery summer.” Now the flowers are in full bloom. And still: 45 percent.

This is even better news than his job approval:

From Gallup: “The satisfaction rate, which Gallup has measured at least monthly since 2001, has now topped 35% three times this year — a level reached only three times in the previous 12 years (once each in 2006, 2009 and 2016).” If the takeaway here feels familiar, it’s because CNN published a similar poll just last month noting an 11-year high in a similar metric. In that case 57 percent said that things were going well in the U.S., the highest number since midway through Dubya’s second term. To put it differently, this is the second time in a little more than a month that a major pollster has found higher levels of national satisfaction than were reached at any point of Obama’s presidency.

It’s mostly the economy but not just the economy, of course. The summit with Kim Jong Un has also given POTUS a nudge in key metrics, although less of one than I expected, to be honest. His ceiling on job approval appears to be 45 percent across multiple polls except for Rasmussen. On the other hand, Obama reminds us that a president certainly can get reelected with mid-40s job approval for most of his first term, even in a poorer economy than this one. Last month, in fact, I wondered whether the CNN poll might be a better measure of POTUS’s reelection chances than his job approval was:

[N]ormally a job approval figure is treated as an estimate of what share of the population wants the current president to continue in the job. If so, 41 percent is … not good. But in Trump’s case, people may be treating job approval less as a metric of whether they want things to continue as they are now and more as a metric of what they think of Trump personally. Trump’s persona is so overbearing, it’s hard to separate the man and all of his drama from his job performance. So when you ask people if they approve of the job he’s doing, some may take it as a question about him personally and respond reflexively with, “No, he’s a dick.”

But does that mean they wouldn’t vote for him again in 2020, believing that the state of the country is better than it’s been in a long time?

CNN asked people who disapproved of Trump at the time whether they did so due to policy reasons or due to personal characteristics. Fifty-four percent said the latter versus 37 percent who said the former. If I were a White House aide I’d take that as good news, based on the theory that voters ultimately behave rationally, i.e. selfishly, when they’re in the booth. Has your life been better since the current president took office, yes or no? If the answer’s yes, it’s awfully hard to vote no because you don’t like his Twitter habit or whatever. The fact that Gallup’s seeing a 12-year high in positivity about the direction of the country is another point in favor of his reelectability.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1  seeder  XXJefferson51    6 years ago

“The satisfaction rate, which Gallup has measured at least monthly since 2001, has now topped 35% three times this year — a level reached only three times in the previous 12 years (once each in 2006, 2009 and 2016),” Gallup reports.

Gallup adds, “Satisfaction with the nation is now back to the historical average of 37% for this trend, which was first measured in 1979, but is far below the majority levels reached in the economic boom times of the mid-1980s and late 1990s.”

Gallup credits the increase in national satisfaction to “a spate of positive economic news — including the shrinking of the unemployment rate to levels last seen in 2000 and the continuation of an economic expansion that is now the second longest on record.”

Currently, 68 percent of Republicans are satisfied with the direction of the country, up from 54 percent in April. A full 38 percent of Independents are satisfied, up from 25 percent. Democrats stayed the same at a sour and miserable 13 percent.   http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/06/18/satisfaction-with-direction-of-country-hits-12-year-high/

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.1  cjcold  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1    6 years ago

And you continue to seed from far..far right wing sources (Heartland?) You're wasting your time. Nobody here who isn't already brain dead thinks you are anything other than a shill (and not a very effective one).

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
1.1.1  Raven Wing  replied to  cjcold @1.1    6 years ago

Agreed.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  cjcold @1.1    6 years ago

Then prove the polling numbers from the polling company that were reported on in the seeded article or in the quote from the other one are wrong or a lie.  Otherwise it really doesnt matter where the article was seeded from, does it.  Of course a msm source may not have reported the results at all or downplayed them in with other polling data to mask the effect.  You just don’t like it that it was reported at all and attack the source even though you have no way to refute the info.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.3  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Raven Wing @1.1.1    6 years ago

https://news.gallup.com/poll/1669/general-mood-country.aspx

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
1.1.4  Studiusbagus  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1.3    6 years ago

Yeah, nevermind that if you actually look at the chart you linked, it shows the month of May for just about every year shows a peak in the confidence.

And you want to try and point out that it is something unique to Trump?

Nice try.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  cjcold @1.1    6 years ago

I saw a poll the other night that has 62% disapproval of this piece of shit for the immigration policy of ripping these children away from their families - and 35% approval.  So there you have it - the only ones who approve of this are his deplorable heartless bastard supporters.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.6  Vic Eldred  replied to  cjcold @1.1    6 years ago
And you continue to seed from far..far right wing sources (Heartland?)

Do you really need to see the numbers direct from Gallup?

Here:

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
2  Studiusbagus    6 years ago
Well … that, or the gangbusters economy. Yeah, probably the gangbusters economy. Which soon may be even more gangbusters than it is right now.

Except that he has done zero to get the economy to where it is and in fact is killing it on a regular beating.

ALL the gains in the market 2018 are gone, and still sinking.

There's an economic tsunami approaching...he has neither acknowledged that nor taken any action to ease the pain.

Farmers are reeling right now because China didn't even have to impose tariffs, they just stopped buying soy beans and sorghum from the USA farmers who plant 1/2 of their crop for export to China.

What's he doing about that? Nothing, just like he is with the economy.

When this thing spins around and pukes havoc you won't be able to blame Democrats or even liberals for this. But I'm sure you'll try and find a way.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1  It Is ME  replied to  Studiusbagus @2    6 years ago
Except that he has done zero to get the economy to where it is

He's just riding Obama's coattails huh. Face Palm

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.1.1  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  It Is ME @2.1    6 years ago
He's just riding Obama's coattails huh.

Yep.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.2  It Is ME  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @2.1.1    6 years ago
Yep.

Of course ! good one

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
2.1.3  Studiusbagus  replied to  It Is ME @2.1    6 years ago
He's just riding Obama's coattails huh

As far as the steady growth? Yes. He has done zero.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.4  It Is ME  replied to  Studiusbagus @2.1.3    6 years ago
As far as the steady growth?

Now that's funny.

"The longest streak of private-sector job growth on record"!

"U.S. businesses have now added 14.4 million jobs over 73 straight months"!

"The labor force participation rate rose to 63% in March, the same level as in November 2013"!

All those quotes -- minus the exclamation points -- came from White House top economist Jason Furman. And they are all accurate.

What's missing, however, is context. Because when you look at these numbers in context, not only do the exclamation points disappear, but so do any claims of robust job growth under this administration.

Take that 14.4 million job growth number. That sounds impressive doesn't it? But that job growth is stretched over almost six full years , during which time the working age population grew by 15.8 million.

In that respect, we've lost ground on jobs under Obama.

What's more, that 14.4 million increase in jobs is measured against when the job market hit rock bottom in February 2010. If you compare the current number of jobs to the previous jobs peak in January 2008 -- which is how job growth is normally measured -- the number of private-sector jobs has increased just 5.6 million.

During that time, the population grew by more than 20 million. In other words, there's a jobs gap of more than 14 million.

-------------------------------------------------

While 14.4 million jobs were created from February 2010 to March 2016, the number of people who dropped out of the labor force -- either because they retired or just quit looking for work -- shot up an astonishing 10 million.

Meanwhile, the number of people who aren't in the labor force but do want to work is higher today than when Obama took office. And the median length of unemployment is now 11.4 weeks, which is also higher than when Obama took office.

In many areas of life, slow and steady will win the race. But when it comes to job growth, slow and steady ends up leaving millions of workers in the dust.

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
2.1.5  Studiusbagus  replied to  It Is ME @2.1.4    6 years ago

Oh please! Stop with the hyped bullshit.

Albeit slow, Obama guided the country out of a severe crash and slowly built momentum and that IS a fact, the economy was not stopping because he was no longer there.

Trump has done zero with the economy that has actually produced anything that wasn't already moving.

And now that he is touching things what is happening?

The Market has lost all it's gains for 2018

He screwed the pooch on withdrawing from the TPP and is now trying to find a way back in without admitting he fucked up.

He's pissing off our trading partners and our competitors, things are going to get expensive for the working family soon.

The bungled "repeal and replace" only 1/2 happened and the insurance industry is going to drop your pants this year...reportedly between 19% and 30% rate hikes...

Coal is not saved

Jobs left Carrier for Mexico just as the left was screaming they would.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.6  Trout Giggles  replied to  Studiusbagus @2.1.5    6 years ago
Obama guided the country out of a severe crash

Which was basically because of the housing bubble.

Watch "Too Big to Fail" if you have Amazon Prime

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.7  It Is ME  replied to  Studiusbagus @2.1.5    6 years ago

Obama had 8 years to TRY, and it was stale !

Trumps has had less than two years. 

I'll wait awhile before I judge Trumps enactments.

As for the stock market, 200 to 500 points, if it's still there, is a hiccup. Not a total loss on ANYTHING. How do you lose "Totally", if you've already gained bunches of bucks over what you initially put in oir had. My 401 is doing GREAT !

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
2.1.8  Studiusbagus  replied to  It Is ME @2.1.7    6 years ago
Obama had 8 years to TRY, and it was stale !

How many straight months of job gains? Stale?

Stock market had a steady trajectory, yes, your 401 is doing well, think that came around because of Trump?

My ex-wife lost millions because she listened to Bush and not me, she had it all back and making a profit by Obama's end of term.

Since January the market has stopped it's steady trajectory and is showing signs that are not good.

I don't do 401K's, too detached and under someone's control. I let that happen once and once only, they don't move fast enough.

With Trump's "fuck 'em" attitude, especially with Canada we're going to get hurt and not in a small way. Besides being the country that supplies 40% of our oil they also supply huge anounts of wood building materials. Any idea what that will do to the housing market?

Your 401 is most likely tied to some of these industries, watch one slide and the other maybe sit, you might even catch a winner in there.....if it goes south, your 401 will take a whack with very little you can do in time to save it.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.9  It Is ME  replied to  Studiusbagus @2.1.8    6 years ago
How many straight months of job gains?

Mediocre !

"Stock market had a steady trajectory, yes, your 401 is doing well, think that came around because of Trump?"

Yep ! Exuding confidence and positivity is everything ! Obama was always a "Debbie Downer" !

Best growth under Mr. "Negative" Barrack Hussein Obama = 2.6%

Best Growth under Mr. "Positive" President Donald Trump = over 3% and growing. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Studiusbagus @2    6 years ago

I know it's down at least 200 points right now (the Dow)

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
2.2.1  Studiusbagus  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.2    6 years ago

After a 500 drop yesterday!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.2.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Studiusbagus @2.2.1    6 years ago

Was it that much? Holy shit!

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.2.3  Kavika   replied to  Trout Giggles @2.2.2    6 years ago

It's down 350 as of 2 minutes ago.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.2.4  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Kavika @2.2.3    6 years ago

The Dow today,

▼ 42.41 (0.17%)

This is what it ended at.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.2.5  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @2.2.4    6 years ago

While the S&P 500 was up and the Nasdaq and Russell 2000 hit all time highs today.  

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.2.6  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.2.5    6 years ago
While the S&P 500 was up and the Nasdaq and Russell 2000 hit all time highs today.

Hey, I quit playing the market just before the crash under Bush. I switched to gold.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  Studiusbagus @2    6 years ago

Ya, Gone with all the free money they were using. Interest rates are finally rising - a sign of a robust economy.

Farmers are reeling right now

Link please

BTW, Don't forget those low unemployment numbers 3.8%, the deregulation and the Tax Cut Act. I'm looking forward to the November elections

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.3.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.3    6 years ago

Me too.  

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
3  Studiusbagus    6 years ago

Hmmm, his "Highs"?

This should be good...He's always comparing to Obama who never hit below 40% approval and Trump can't even get above 42%

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  JohnRussell    6 years ago
  • 90% of Republicans approve

90% of Republicans approve of having a pathological liar be president of the United States. Nice to know. 

We are in a war against the vile trumpism ideology (lie, cheat, practice bigotry and massive personal corruption) .

Make no mistake about it. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @4    6 years ago

What kind of war?  How are you fighting it?

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
4.1.1  Sunshine  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.1    6 years ago
What kind of war?

Make believe....lol

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Sunshine @4.1.1    6 years ago

LOLlaughing dudeGiggle

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
5  bbl-1    6 years ago

Trump's personal highs and the direction of the country?

A valid explanation of what those parameters would be is needed.

All I see is a sea of political propaganda clogging a sea of flotsam.  And an unexplainable, undeserved cult like following.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.1  Tessylo  replied to  bbl-1 @5    6 years ago
'Trump's personal highs and the direction of the country?'

Yeah - WTF does Rump's 'personal highs' even mean???????

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
5.1.1  bbl-1  replied to  Tessylo @5.1    6 years ago

Ivanka?

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
7  Studiusbagus    6 years ago
[N]ormally a job approval figure is treated as an estimate of what share of the population wants the current president to continue in the job. If so, 41 percent is … not good. But in Trump’s case, people may be treating job approval less as a metric of whether they want things to continue as they are now and more as a metric of what they think of Trump personally.

Wow!  What a load of shit excuses they come up with to justify that he sucks to about 60% of the population.

Krishna
Professor Expert
8  Krishna    6 years ago

EU to launch counter-tariffs against US on Friday What could the impact be?

Many of the products the EU has in its sights are specifically chosen to have maximum political effect. Bourbon whiskey is produced in Kentucky, the state of Senate majority leader Mitch McConnell.

Orange juice is a key export for Florida, a swing state in the US elections.

Meanwhile, economists have warned the US metal tariffs could lead to higher metal costs, disrupt supply chains and even get passed on to US households.

Last week, the International Monetary Fund warned that the Trump administration's protectionist policies   are l ikely to hurt the US economy and undermine the world's trade system.

Krishna
Professor Expert
8.1  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @8    6 years ago

US politicians criticised the measures at a hearing in Washington on Wednesday, saying they were hurting American businesses and alienating allies.

US Senator Pat Toomey, a Republican from Pennsylvania, said the use of national security to justify the metals tariffs was "wholly inappropriate".

He is co-sponsor of a bill that would limit the administration's authority on trade.

Krishna
Professor Expert
9  Krishna    6 years ago

TURKEY TO START IMPLEMENTING RETALIATORY TARIFFS AGAINST UNITED STATES

(ANKARA)- Turkey will start implementing on Thursday retaliatory tariffs worth $266.5 million against the United States over 'ill-advised' and 'unsupportable' additional steel tariffs enacted by Washington, Economy Minister Nihat Zeybekci said.

The tariffs will be imposed on imports of US coal, paper, walnuts/almonds, tobacco, unprocessed rice, whisky, automobiles, cosmetics, machinery equipment and petrochemical products.

Krishna
Professor Expert
10  Krishna    6 years ago

Krishna
Professor Expert
11  Krishna    6 years ago

The impact of potential Chinese tariffs on US wheat growers

Mike Miller of U.S. Wheat Associates says players like Canada and Australia could grab market share if American growers face a 25% tariff from China.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
11.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @11    6 years ago

Canada grows tons of wheat, and I'm sure China will buy it. Maybe the Canadian farmers should start growing soybeans.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
11.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @11.1    6 years ago

Can soybeans grow that far north?

Kavika
Professor Principal
11.1.2  Kavika   replied to  Trout Giggles @11.1.1    6 years ago

Canada already grows soybeans....The country that will benefit the most from increased sales to China will be Brazil. They are the second largest producer of soybeans in the world and already have a relationship in selling soybeans to China. 

China could cut the US out completely and not feel any pain. Between increasing their own production of soybeans and the countries lining up to supply more the US could be SOL.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
11.1.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Kavika @11.1.2    6 years ago
Canada already grows soybeans

I did not know that. Thanks, Kavika.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
11.1.4  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Trout Giggles @11.1.1    6 years ago

Maybe "Global Warming" will mean bananas and pineapples will grow in Canada as well.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
11.1.5  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Trout Giggles @11.1.3    6 years ago

Actually, neither did I.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
11.1.6  Trout Giggles  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @11.1.4    6 years ago

I would just like to have an orange tree in my back yard.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
11.1.7  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Trout Giggles @11.1.6    6 years ago

Did you ever watch the movie "The Illusionist" starring Ed Norton?  He could make orange trees grow really fast.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
11.1.8  Trout Giggles  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @11.1.7    6 years ago

No, but I've seen it on Netflix (or was it Amazon?). Anyway, thanks for the suggestion. I will watch it

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
11.1.9  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Kavika @11.1.2    6 years ago

The bottom line is that China is largely an exporting nation and we are a major importer who also exports.  The further these tariffs go, the more the exporting nation will be harmed in the long run.  What other market that is such a huge percentage of the global economy can they export their stuff to?  The EU?   Their tariffs are much higher.  Same for Japan and South Korea.  The rivalries China has with Japan and India mean they won’t likely be an export market for China.  This should end before there’s too much pain on either side but China has been getting away with crap regarding intellectual property, corporate espionage, and currency manipulation as well as dumping, and has to be called on it.  

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
11.1.10  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  XXJefferson51 @11.1.9    6 years ago

"China has been getting away with crap regarding intellectual property, corporate espionage, and currency manipulation as well as dumping, and has to be called on it." 

Then deal with that at the WTO rather than deprive and harm the nations' peoples, Americans included.

Kavika
Professor Principal
11.1.11  Kavika   replied to  XXJefferson51 @11.1.9    6 years ago

Before you make outlandish statement with no verification you may want to actually read the real stats which pretty much blow your comment out of the water. 

The world’s largest exporter by value, China shipped US$2.272 trillion worth of products around the globe in 2017. That dollar figure represents roughly 14.2% of overall global exports estimated at $15.952 trillion one year earlier in 2016.

China imported US$1.841 trillion worth of products in 2017.

From a continental perspective, about half (48.5%) of Chinese exports by value were delivered to fellow Asian countries while 22% were sold to North American importers. China shipped another 18.9% worth to clients in Europe.

At 4.2%, a smaller portion of Chinese exports were bought by importers in Latin America (excluding Mexico) plus the Caribbean with another 4.1% going to Africa.

China’s Top Trading Partners

• Top 15
  • Deficits
  • Surpluses
  • Companies

Below is a list highlighting 15 of China’s top trading partners in terms of export sales. That is, these countries imported the most Chinese shipments by dollar value during 2017. Also shown is each import country’s percentage of total Chinese exports.

1. United States: US$431.7 billion (19% of total Chinese exports)
  2. Hong Kong: $281 billion (12.4%)
  3. Japan: $137.4 billion (6%)
  4. South Korea: $102.8 billion (4.5%)
  5. Vietnam: $72.1 billion (3.2%)
  6. Germany: $71.2 billion (3.1%)
  7. India: $67.9 billion (3%)
  8. Netherlands: $67.3 billion (3%)
  9. United Kingdom: $57 billion (2.5%)
  10. Singapore: $45.7 billion (2%)
  11. Taiwan: $43.9 billion (1.9%)
  12. Russia: $43.1 billion (1.9%)
  13. Malaysia: $42 billion (1.8%)
  14. Australia: $41.6 billion (1.8%)
  15. Thailand: $38.8 billion (1.7%)

Over two-thirds (67.9%) of Chinese exports in 2017 were delivered to the above 15 trade partners.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
11.1.12  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Kavika @11.1.11    6 years ago

And if that 437 b was no longer available to them here, how much of that would be absorbed by the other 14?  

Kavika
Professor Principal
11.1.13  Kavika   replied to  XXJefferson51 @11.1.12    6 years ago

So you want to play the whataboutism game...

Do you actually believe that we could/would stop all trade with China. The blow back to the U.S. would be significant. Take a look from the the other side if that happened. U.S. export to China in 2017 were US$127 billion and another US$52 billion in services. China by far is our fastest growing export market. U.S. export to China support a million jobs in the U.S.

Now if you really want a trade war, and keep in mind that we are heading towards to trade war with Mexico and Canada our number 1 and 2 trade partners. Adding China would be a trade war with our 3 biggest trading partners. The U.S. would suffer a lot of pain and job loses. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
11.1.14  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Kavika @11.1.13    6 years ago

It may well become a game of chicken we have to play to win the concessions we need to correct poor deals made in the past.  The next exporter in each case has more to lose.  We have a million jobs dependent upon exports to China.  How many million jobs do they have dependent on exports here?  Will it be harder for us to find alternative makers for our good than for them to find alternatives for their exports?  Let’s not root for America to lose this battle because some don’t like our President.  We need fair free trade.  

Kavika
Professor Principal
11.1.15  Kavika   replied to  XXJefferson51 @11.1.14    6 years ago
Let’s not root for America to lose this battle because some don’t like our President.  We need fair free trade.

First off I'm not rooting for for America to loose, that is a really ignorant remark. I'm pointing out to those that have little understanding of world trade/tariffs and the repercussions the real world and what you can expect to happen. 

There are ways to address the trade issues and a trade war isn't one that will benefit either side. The World Trade Organization (WTO) is the way to go. NO ONE WINS A TRADE WAR.

China maintains an array of tariff and non-tariff barriers that prevent more American goods, agriculture products, and services from reaching Chinese customers. The United States should pursue multiple approaches to improve market access for US companies, including bringing legally sound, industry-supported cases to the World Trade Organization; coordinating with like-minded countries on advocacy with China; and engaging in results-oriented dialogue with China to address barriers of longstanding.

We have a million jobs dependent upon exports to China.  How many million jobs do they have dependent on exports here?

You are aware that if a all out trade war takes place that it's not only exports that will be affected, but imports and there are millions of jobs in the U.S. tired to the import of goods. 

You might want to avail yourself of some of the information available to help you see the light so to speak. 

Here is one to start with..... 

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
11.1.16  Studiusbagus  replied to  Kavika @11.1.15    6 years ago

3 days ago the proof hits the table and a disappearing act suddenly is performed.

Amazing.