╌>

BREAKING NEWS : Trump Says He’ll ‘Be Signing Something’ About Border Separations

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  johnrussell  •  6 years ago  •  98 comments

BREAKING NEWS :   Trump Says He’ll ‘Be Signing Something’ About Border Separations

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

It appears Trump is caving to public pressure to end the migrant child separations. 

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/trump-to-sign-something-about-border-separations

President Donald Trump indicated Wednesday that he would soon take action on his own border separation policy.

“I’ll be signing something in a little while that’s going to do that. I’ll be doing something that’s somewhat preemptive and ultimately will be matched by legislation, I’m sure,” he said, according to a White House pool report.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    6 years ago

This appears to be a stop gap surrender by Trump to the reality that his policy was very unpopular. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @1    6 years ago

Trump has temporarily backed down on the issue of separating children at the border, evidently the outrage was too much, even for him , to resist. 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
1.1.1  Raven Wing  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1    6 years ago
Trump has temporarily backed down on the issue of separating children at the border, evidently the outrage was too much, even for him , to resist.

He found out that he is not the King he thought he was when even his own people were against him. He tried to bully the people by doubling and tripling down on his decision of separation which he found made things even worse. He was losing some of his base, the only thing he has to pat his butt and stroke his brown for him when needed with a lot of 'atta boy!!!!' comfort. Even his own wife was against it, and he gave her the brush. 

I'd say he just had a very rude awakening that he is not another Kim, and the American people are not HIS people as he likes to think, who will sit at attention when he speaks and do as he says regardless of what he does. He has discovered that America is not his dictatorship as he would hope to make it. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Raven Wing @1.1.1    6 years ago
He has discovered that America is not his dictatorship as he would hope to make it.

Yeah...but how long will that last?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.3  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.2    6 years ago

got a stopwatch?

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1.1.4  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.3    6 years ago
got a stopwatch?

*effervescent snort!*

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.5  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.3    6 years ago

Giggle

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
1.1.7  Rmando  replied to  Raven Wing @1.1.1    6 years ago

"He tried to bully the people by doubling and tripling down"

Yeah, how dare Trump bully people by actually enforcing the law and seperating kids from their criminally irresponsible parents!

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
1.1.8  Raven Wing  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.2    6 years ago
Yeah...but how long will that last?

Likely until he gets another wild hair up his azz, and that is milliseconds at best. I'm surprised that he hasn't already rescinded his EO and shipped the kids off to NK for 'proper' training.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.9  Texan1211  replied to  Raven Wing @1.1.8    6 years ago

Maybe some Dems can pressure the Senate Minority Leader into working with the GOP to permanently fix this?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @1    6 years ago

Aw gee...now that issue has now disappeared and will have no effect on the midterms, which was the whole idea of the faux outrage. Giggle
Now the ball is in the Democrats court, but Schumer and his fellow shitheads don't want to play, which was to be expected. LOL

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  Greg Jones @1.2    6 years ago

What is so funny to me is that the Democrats wanted to make an election issue of it.

Didn't they learn anything from the last several elections?

Plus, we now have the Senate Minority Leader on record as being an obstructionist., proving that it was really all about politics for them.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
2  lady in black    6 years ago

Well if orange conman toddler in chief and the keebler elf would have left well enough alone......

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  lady in black @2    6 years ago

I am watching him on tv right now. Unfortunately he is already talking again out of both sides of his mouth. I suppose he can't help it. 

One thing he is saying is that if he were "weak" millions of illegal migrants would flood into the US. 

According to him Obama was "weak". Did millions of illegals flood in per Obama's 'wishes'? No. 

lady in black
Professor Quiet
2.1.1  lady in black  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    6 years ago

More lies but what can you expect from this POS

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  lady in black @2.1.1    6 years ago

He should just say "we are changing the procedure so families will be kept together" , and he would be a lot better off.  Instead he has to babble about whatever pops into his mind. 

He would be better off just stopping the separations and leaving it at that, but that is not trump. 

Snuffy
Professor Participates
3  Snuffy    6 years ago

Nice to see he's not too old to learn...   but lets wait and see what he puts forth.  If he just keeps family units together than he'll be yelled at for placing children behind bars with potentially dangerous thugs. If he returns to the failed (IMO) policy of "catch and release" he will be yelled at for not keeping a campaign promise. 

This is really a no-win position. I don't like the current policy but anything else is also not a winning policy. What do you think should be done?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Snuffy @3    6 years ago

Trump needs to learn how to stop lying, and be ACCURATE in what he says at times like this. Personally I think it is hopeless, but by backing down today he will get a second chance from some people. It would be nice if he would use it wisely. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Snuffy @3    6 years ago

Actually, I would rather see the children stay with the parents even if they are behind bars. The parents can protect them better and the children won't be traumatized. These people coming across the border are not real criminals.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.2    6 years ago
Actually, I would rather see the children stay with the parents even if they are behind bars.

It sounds like they are going to create camps for "families" of detainees. I wonder why they couldn't think of that in the first place. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
3.2.2  Kavika   replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.1    6 years ago

Four days ago, a Homeland Security official proclaimed: “We are not separating babies from parents.”

Yet in the middle of the night, two baby boys arrived in Grand Rapids after being separated from their immigrant parents at the southern border weeks ago. 

One child is 8 months old; the other is 11 months old. Both children have become part of a bigger group of 50 immigrant children who have landed in foster care in western Michigan under the Trump administration's zero-tolerance border policy.

The average age of these children is 8, a number that has alarmed foster care employees who are struggling to comfort the growing group of kids who are turning up in Michigan at nighttime, when it's pitch-dark outside. They're younger than ever, they say. And they are petrified.

"These kids are arriving between 11 p.m. and 5 a.m. Not only are they being separated from their family, they are being transported to a place that they don't know in the middle of the night,"  said Hannah Mills, program supervisor for the transitional foster care program at Bethany Christian Services, which is currently assisting the displaced children. "We have found on many occasions that no one has explained to these children where they are going."

Seems that the administration is lying again...Not unusual.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
3.2.3  Snuffy  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.1    6 years ago

hate to sound negative, but if this happens how soon before someone starts yelling about the administration re-opening Manzanar?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.2.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Snuffy @3.2.3    6 years ago

That's a good point.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.2.5  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2.1    6 years ago
It sounds like they are going to create camps for "families" of detainees. I wonder why they couldn't think of that in the first place

Oh come on JR, you'll be whining about that in a day or two. Gotta have some negative issue to whine and write about...right?? Digging a whole

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.6  Texan1211  replied to  Greg Jones @3.2.5    6 years ago

I bow to you

Now THAT is the very definition of hitting the nail on the head!

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.2.7  Skrekk  replied to  Kavika @3.2.2    6 years ago

I'm not sure that it's legal to point out that the Trump regime constantly lies.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.2.8  Greg Jones  replied to  Skrekk @3.2.7    6 years ago

What's that have to do with the EO?

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
3.2.9  Raven Wing  replied to  Kavika @3.2.2    6 years ago

Yep....that lie was only to pacify his minions who will believe the lie that the Devil....er....Democrats did it. Even when they find out they've been duped, they will still defend and support the liar in chief. 

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
3.3  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Snuffy @3    6 years ago
If he returns to the failed (IMO) policy of "catch and release"

That would depend on a few things I think.

I doubt there will be any return to catch them and release them in  this country and trust them to return for their hearings.

We could possably see those caught illegally entering caught  that later claim asylum, being given dates for court and then returned to the point /border of entry and released there contingent to other factors and conditions. with the ability to cross for their hearings.

Of course the then will have to deal with another countries immigration laws .

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
4  Hal A. Lujah    6 years ago

Skirting the CoC [ph] They might need to find a new racist dictator to support in 2020.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @4    6 years ago

Here's one

Image result for donald trump jr.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
6  Hal A. Lujah    6 years ago

Per Michael Cohen :

"As the son of a Polish holocaust survivor, the images and sounds of this family separation policy is heart wrenching," Cohen wrote. "While I strongly support measures that will secure our porous borders, children should never be used as bargaining chips."

This can't be good news for The Donald.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @6    6 years ago

Maybe he's going to run against Trump in 2020. LOL

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
6.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @6    6 years ago
This can't be good news for The Donald.

It's the left wingers who have been exploiting children for years, including this latest kerfuffle. This has all turned out in Trump's favor, thanks to the timely EO. Now the Democrats are shying away from a bipartisan bill on the immigration issue. Guess who loses in the midterms?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.2.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to    6 years ago

These are your people

-

The Trump administration misspelled "separation" in an executive order on family separation

Screen_Shot_2018_06_20_at_3.34.55_PM.png
That’s right: The order meant to address family separation misspelled “separation.”

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
6.2.3  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2.2    6 years ago

That is hilarious.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.4  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2.2    6 years ago

OMG!!

Stop the presses for a freaking spelling error!!!!!!

Breaking news! 

LMFAO!!

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
6.2.5  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Greg Jones @6.2    6 years ago

It's the left wingers who have been exploiting children for years, including this latest kerfuffle.

I wonder why Cohen didn’t mention them.  Hmmmmm ...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.6  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2.2    6 years ago

So, when can we expect you to seed an entire article on this atrocious, dangerous, meaningful spelling error?

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
6.2.7  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Texan1211 @6.2.4    6 years ago

Donald Trump has lost, emasculated, or fired so many of his handlers, that there’s nobody left to spell check his executive orders, much less his tweets.  Yeah, that’s hilarious news!

Remeber this?  I’m like really smart.  I know words.  I have the best words.

LOL!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.8  Texan1211  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @6.2.7    6 years ago

Ever think that maybe, just maybe, a President doesn't WRITE his own EOs--he just signs them? That maybe, just maybe, someone else writes them or he dictates them to someone?

If the head of Apple released a press statement that contained a simple spelling error, would you assume that it is HIS fault?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.9  Texan1211  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @6.2.7    6 years ago

Maybe those with their own spelling errors shouldn't be so critical.

6.2.7 Hal A. Lujah replied to Texan1211 @6.2.4 4 minutes ago
Donald Trump has lost, emasculated, or fired so many of his handlers, that there’s nobody left to spell check his executive orders, much less his tweets. Yeah, that’s hilarious news!
Remeber this? I’m like really smart. I know words. I have the best words.
LOL!

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
6.2.10  Sunshine  replied to  Texan1211 @6.2.9    6 years ago

laughter9.gif

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
6.2.11  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Texan1211 @6.2.9    6 years ago

Oh boy!  You caught me!  I misspelled my executive order.  I guess I don’t deserve to be leader of the free world.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.2.12  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @6.2.11    6 years ago

It is funny how they want Trump to be held to the same standards as people typing comment after comment on an internet forum. 

A somewhat dimwit could still make the distinction between leaving a letter out of a word because you typed too fast, and using the wrong letter because you don't know how to spell. 

But in the end "what difference does it make?"

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.2.13  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @6.2.4    6 years ago
Congressional Int ern Yells 'F-ck You!' At Trump

Now if only those actually in Congress were so bold.

Source: Ny Post

A Congressional intern allegedly yelled “Mr. President, F–k You” as President Trump walked through the Capital rotunda on his way Tuesday night for a talk with legislators about immigration.

The F-bomb incident was captured on video as the president walked through the Capital rotunda on his way to the meeting with GOP congressmen.

The shouting takes place amid high tensions concerning Trump’s new “zero-tolerance” policy on immigration.

A reporter from Politico said that Capitol Police were on the lookout for a “young white woman” who had been wearing an intern badge.

It wasn’t clear Tuesday night if the police were looking to criminally charge the woman for her outburst.

Congressional aide or intern yells “Mr President, f*%k you!” from across the Capitol Rotunda as he walks to the Speaker’s office before mtg with House GOPers on immigration. Gets attention of USCP/Secret Service pic.twitter.com/5Uarw4FTsw

— Chad Pergram (@ChadPergram) June 19, 2018

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
6.2.14  arkpdx  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2.13    6 years ago

If true it should be ex congressional intern. He/she should have been fired on the spot

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.15  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2.13    6 years ago

Naw--Democrats in Congress wouldn't be that bold. Maybe one or two of them, but very, very few.

They are more the stay-hidden-behind-a-keyboard-talking-shit-kind of people. Not enough guts to do it themselves in person.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.2.16  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2.13    6 years ago

At least she called him Mr. President

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.17  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2.2    6 years ago

'The Trump administration misspelled "separation" in an executive order on family separation'

Unreal - I learned a little trick long ago - one of the doctors I worked for told me, a little word trick to remember - 'there's a rat in separate'

I used to be a medical transcriptionist at one point also.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.18  Tessylo  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @6.2.7    6 years ago
'Donald Trump has lost, emasculated, or fired so many of his handlers, that there’s nobody left to spell check his executive orders, much less his tweets.  Yeah, that’s hilarious news!'
Freaking hilarious!!!!!

A bunch of incompetents - every fucking one!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.19  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2.13    6 years ago
'It wasn’t clear Tuesday night if the police were looking to criminally charge the woman for her outburst.'

Criminally charged?  WTF?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.2.20  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.2.16    6 years ago

At least she called him Mr. President

Giggle

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.21  Tessylo  replied to  arkpdx @6.2.14    6 years ago
'If true it should be ex congressional intern. He/she should have been fired on the spot'

Why?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.2.22  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @6.2.21    6 years ago

Because free speech isn't allowed anymore....

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
6.2.23  Dean Moriarty  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.2.22    6 years ago

You should have seen the reaction from the leftists around here when Moochelle was booed at a NASCAR race. This one really frosted their socks too. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
6.2.24  Kavika   replied to  Trout Giggles @6.2.22    6 years ago

Amazing how the hypocritical righties forget about Rep. Joe ''you lie'' Wilson. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.25  Tessylo  replied to  Dean Moriarty @6.2.23    6 years ago

Who is Moochelle?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.2.26  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @6.2.25    6 years ago

That's right....cons never call names or deliberately misspell somebody's name...or call them the "c" word.....

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
6.2.27  Dean Moriarty  replied to  Tessylo @6.2.25    6 years ago

Try a google image search and it won’t take you long to figure it out. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
6.2.28  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2.13    6 years ago

You double space a lot. What's up wit dat?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.2.29  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Greg Jones @6.2.28    6 years ago

What do you care? 

I like to add a little visual variety to the site. 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
6.2.30  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2.12    6 years ago

More than likely, Trump typed it and a spell checker underlined it.  Trump then looked at it and came to the conclusion that spell checker was wrong.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.31  Texan1211  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @6.2.30    6 years ago

Yeah, people, let's focus on the really IMPORTANT stuff, like SPELLING, FFS!

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
6.2.32  arkpdx  replied to  Tessylo @6.2.21    6 years ago

Go say that to your boss  or the ceo of the company you work for and see what happens to you. 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
6.2.33  Raven Wing  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.2.22    6 years ago
Because free speech isn't allowed anymore...

At least not by anyone other than the right. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.34  Texan1211  replied to  Raven Wing @6.2.33    6 years ago

Except for the tiny little fact that no one prevented her from saying what she wanted.

Sounds EXACTLY like free speech to me.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
6.2.35  Raven Wing  replied to  Kavika @6.2.24    6 years ago
Amazing how the hypocritical righties forget about Rep. Joe ''you lie'' Wilson.

Yeah...he was the only one who said that. However, that was not how it was supposed to be. A group of Republicans had agreed that they would all say it as the same time in Chamber. But, after Joe had left the rest decided behind his back not to say it, as they might all look bad. However, no one had the courtesy to tell Joe the plan had changed, so he thought the original plan was still a go. The the agree time came when they would all yell "You Lie!" at President Obama, Joe was the only one who did it. The rest is history, as they say. Given that Republicans are not even loyal to their own, how can anyone expect them to be loyal to the American people. 

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
6.2.36  lennylynx  replied to  Raven Wing @6.2.35    6 years ago

We should all start yelling 'you lie' every time Trump opens his filthy mouth.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
6.2.37  Raven Wing  replied to  lennylynx @6.2.36    6 years ago
We should all start yelling 'you lie' every time Trump opens his filthy mouth

Yeah....but, unlike Joe, we would be hauled away not too politely and likely arrested. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.38  Texan1211  replied to  lennylynx @6.2.36    6 years ago

START????  START???????????????

WTF?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.2.39  Trout Giggles  replied to  Raven Wing @6.2.35    6 years ago

Nice friends he had there, eh?

owlsview677
Freshman Silent
7  owlsview677    6 years ago

Rejoice while the rejoicing is good. Been awhile since the left has had even a simile of a victory. A word of caution. As you already know, when it comes to Trump things aren't always as they seem to appear.

RWs , don't waste time making stupid arguements about this not being back down by Pres. Trump. It is, pure and, well, maybe not simple.

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
8  Rmando    6 years ago

It's absolutely disgusting the left is cheering the loss of law and order and encouraging more kids to be put at risk to be exploited by criminals sneaking into the country. The only people who "won" here are coyotes and kidnappers. Way to go.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
10  The Magic 8 Ball    6 years ago

It appears Trump is caving to public pressure to end the migrant child separations.

yepp... he is going to lock up the whole family together until the case is settled.

thought they were going to be released into the wild huh?

too funny :)

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
11  A. Macarthur    6 years ago

City hospitals have treated 12 immigrant children who were taken from parents, including a suicidal child

By JILLIAN JORGENSEN
JUN 21, 2018 | 4:45 PM

Two city public hospitals have treated 12 young immigrant children who were separated from their parents at the border for physical and mental illnesses, Health and Hospitals CEO Mitchell Katz said Thursday.

The children were brought to the hospitals — four to Bellevue in Manhattan and eight to North Central Bronx Hospital — after being placed with foster parents by area social service organizations tasked with caring for the children, he said. 

“There are undoubtedly many more, since our commitment is to serving people, not interrogating them about the circumstances that bring them to our facilities,” Katz said.

The children they have seen have presented with depression, anxiety, asthma, constipation and other ailments, city officials said. One was suicidal, Katz said, something he said did not surprise him given the circumstances.

“I don’t find that dramatic when I think about my own children, trying to imagine what it would have felt like to them to be separated from me forcibly,” he said.

Dr. Daran Kaufman, director of pediatric emergency services at North Central Bronx, said she and her clinicians have felt “helpless” in treating the children, who have generally arrived without medical records.

“Although we’ve been able to treat their medical diagnoses, they are sad, despondent, and we are unable to treat the emotional scars they are presenting with,” she said. “It’s very difficult for myself and my clinicians to be able to help them with these scars.”

Meanwhile, HHS SECRETARY ALEX AZAR reportedly attended a reunion …

And FREE LEGAL ASSISTANCE IS BEING EXTENDED TO FEDERAL EMPLOYEES TO TELL WHY THEY WILL NOT ENGAGE IN RELATED UNLAWFUL CONDUCT AS IT APPLIES TO THE TRUMP SESSIONS IMPRISONMENT OF CHILDREN!

Fiat justitia ruat cælum --  "Let justice be done though the heavens fall." The maxim signifies the belief that justice must be realized regardless of consequences.

PREDICTION: There will be additional imprisonments … but they won't be immigrant children taken from their parents.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
12  A. Macarthur    6 years ago

"We were just following orders" won't cut it.