╌>

My Personal "Plan" to Mitigate the Problem of Illegal Immigration

Category:  News & Politics

By:  a-macarthur  •  6 years ago  •  30 comments

My Personal "Plan" to Mitigate the Problem of Illegal Immigration

Preface: We have seen endless debate, partisan misinformation and much angst and anger regarding "illegal immigration." So, let me propose my personal "plan" to mitigate (there is, IMO, no perfect solution) the many problems and dilemmas regardining illegal immigration.

Ideas and constructive comments and criticism are welcomed … BUT LEAVE THE PARTISAN COMMENTARY AND MISINFORMATION AT THE DOOR AS I WILL FLAG ANY/ALL OF IT!

• SEVERAL* REASONS AS TO WHY ILLEGALS COME TO AMERICA … THE MOTIVATIONS

√ (1) To escape the real threats of murder, rape, human trafficking and all sorts of mayhem at the hands of drug gangs/cartels, or …

√ (2) To sell illegal drugs to American BUYERS/USERS/DEALERS, or …

√ (3) To find work in America due to "slave-like wages and working conditions" in their native countries

* I'm sure there are other motivations but let's address these

• DETERRENTS TO THE MOTIVATIONS

√ (1) Intense, radical problems require equally intense, radical deterrents … my idea …

FORM A MILITARY COALITION OF AMERICAN, MEXICAN, and, ANY OTHER COUNTRY WILLING TO JOIN, AND SEND A FORCE INTO THE CENTRAL AMERICAN COUNTRIES WHERE THE DRUG CARTELS RULE … AND KILL THEM OR BEAT THEM INTO SUBMISSION!

√ (2) DECLARE A REAL WAR ON THE SALE OR USE OF ILLEGAL DRUGS IN AMERICA … LEGALIZE SOME OF THE DRUGS NOW SOLD AND USED ILLEGALLY, HAND DOWN LONG AND SEVERE PRISON SENTENCES ON AMERICANS WHO BUY, DEAL AND/OR USE ILLEGAL DRUGS … AND FINE AND IMPRISON PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANY OFFICIALS WHO, IN CONJUNCTION WITH UNSCRUPULOUS PHYSICIANS, FLOOD OPIODS ACROSS AMERICA, CREATING ADDICTS (vulnerable customers for illegal sales)!

√ (3) Fine and or imprison employers of illegal workers, implement a LIVING WAGE SO THAT AMERICANS CAN SURVIVE BY DOING THE WORK CURRENTLY DONE BY ILLEGALS AT SHIT WAGES. Threaten to boycott American tourism to Mexico until it ceases to fuck over its workers.

By all means, state your case … but THIS IS NOT ABOUT POLITICS … IT'S ABOUT IDEAS as to how a real problem can be mitigated.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
1  author  A. Macarthur    6 years ago

Stay on topic.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  A. Macarthur @1    6 years ago

All immigrants that attempt to enter illegally, alone or with with children, should be detained in a humane and comfortable facility, for as long as it takes to process or vet them. Unless they can verify and prove that they are fleeing dangerous conditions in their home country, they should not be allowed entry into the US. Far too many have fraudulently used this excuse in attempts to gain asylum. They should also be able to provide proof that they are the actual parents of the children who are with them.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
1.1.1  author  A. Macarthur  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1    6 years ago

Greg,

You essentially described the protocol that was in place before it was abrogated.

Thank you for your comment.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
2  Snuffy    6 years ago

Or legalize all drugs and allow the government to get in the business of selling it. The government can greatly cut the cost of the drugs which will remove the money from the cartel which would basically put them out of business. Removing the money and power that drugs brings in will put a serious hurt in the cartels and give the local governments more of an opportunity to solve their own problems. I realize that the cartels will move on to something else but they won't have the money that the drugs bring in so the local governments will be on a more equal footing.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
2.1  author  A. Macarthur  replied to  Snuffy @2    6 years ago

Thank you … that is the kind of commentary I was hoping for.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
3  author  A. Macarthur    6 years ago

So far, it seems like there's virtually no interest in discussing addressing the problem and efforts to suggest solutions or mitigation … does that mean that ONLY PARTISAN PISSING CONTESTS are what we're interested in?

charger 383
Professor Silent
4  charger 383    6 years ago

Those are some good ideas and I am thinking on this

One thought now, We must address the problem of overpopulation in this country and worldwide

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
4.1  author  A. Macarthur  replied to  charger 383 @4    6 years ago

We must address the problem of overpopulation in this country and worldwide

Agreed although it's a separate issue; the U.S. Tax Code needs to be changed to reflect reality … by this I mean, A FAMILY WITH (i.e.) 6 CHILDREN, uses twice the tax-subsidized resources as a family with 3 CHILDREN … and yet … it gets to claim twice the exemptions.

Think about how backwards that is.

charger 383
Professor Silent
4.1.1  charger 383  replied to  A. Macarthur @4.1    6 years ago

It is backwards and that has annoyed me for years

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  A. Macarthur @4.1    6 years ago

That won't change anytime soon. First thing out of the box, someone would complain how unfair that is.

I don't know of anyone in any economic level that thinks taxes are fair.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
4.1.3  author  A. Macarthur  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.2    6 years ago

I didn't say it would change soon … or ever … I was responding to a comment.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  A. Macarthur @4.1.3    6 years ago

I realize that, I just think that it won't ever happen because someone will always complain, and lawmakers will always give in to the complainers.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
4.1.5  author  A. Macarthur  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.4    6 years ago

Probably true!

Thank you for comments.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5  JohnRussell    6 years ago

I think all your ideas are good, but not as simple to achieve as your enthusiasm may imply. Honduras, El Salvador and Nicaragua are sovereign nations and we can't just invade them without being invited to assist them militarily by their controlling governments. It would also be extremely expensive to invade and occupy these countries. It might be cheaper and easier to just make them the 51st, 52nd and 53rd states. 

I think some drugs should be decriminalized which may pave the way for them to be produced in the US at a competitive price, thus eliminating the need to import them. Sounds like a mess though, to be honest. 

I like the first part of your number 3, but I doubt if Americans can become united enough to effect a boycott of travel to Mexico. 

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
5.1  author  A. Macarthur  replied to  JohnRussell @5    6 years ago

John,

I did not mean to imply any of my ideas would be easily implemented … for the most part, I wanted to make members think rather than beat each other over the head politically.

GregTx
PhD Guide
6  GregTx    6 years ago

1) I agree with the idea however I think we would be better served by cutting off any aid to those countries for some length of time. I suspect there would be more participation by our neighbors if the olive branch that was withdrawn was extended again.

2) The idea of some type of renewed or refocused War on Drugs isn't relevant until Federal drug policy steps into the 21st century. The second part of that post I agree with completely.

3) Agreed

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
6.1  author  A. Macarthur  replied to  GregTx @6    6 years ago

Many thanks for a thoughtful reply.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
7  lady in black    6 years ago

Jail employers who employ them and shut down their business.  I know this will never happen, can't upset the "job creators"

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
9  livefreeordie    6 years ago

As a minarchist I oppose criminalization of drug use. We did not have these issues before states and the federal government criminalized personal behavior

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
9.1  author  A. Macarthur  replied to  livefreeordie @9    6 years ago

Are you then in favor of legalization?

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
9.1.1  livefreeordie  replied to  A. Macarthur @9.1    6 years ago

Yes. Back to the position held by government prior to the 1920s and 1930s

as a minarchist I oppose the criminalization of all personal behavior that does not cause direct harm to another

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
9.1.2  author  A. Macarthur  replied to  livefreeordie @9.1.1    6 years ago

Thank you for your response; I appreciate your position.