╌>

A conservative guide to how to win in 2018 and 2020

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  heartland-american  •  6 years ago  •  24 comments

A conservative guide to how to win in 2018 and 2020

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Lefty publication Salon posted a blog item from President Clinton's former labor secretary, Robert Reich, on how to run against President Trump. Maybe someone should point out to Reich that the person he supported, Hillary Clinton, broke many laws, known and unknown, getting filthy rich selling her position of power to enrich herself and her husband greatly. Trump’s businesses appear to be doing well because he is helping the economy roar.  

It was President Obama, Hillary, the FBI, the Justice department and sanctuary cities and states that have ignored the rule of law, not Trump.

Obama made fun of those who supposedly clinged to their religion and guns. He also compared tea party members to domestic terrorists. And he illegally spied on thousands. Hillary called anyone who supported Trump 'deplorable' and 'irredeemable.' Obama said people who said that climate changed naturally shouldn’t be listened to. The media didn’t care much when Obama separated kids from parents, but equates Trump to the Nazis when the same policies are followed.

I believe Reich is mixed up as to who sows division and hate.

Obama and Hillary cozied up to Vladimir Putin. It wasn't President Trump. Obama was flexible with Putin. Obama cozied up to tyrants around the world including Raul Castro, the leaders of Iran, and he pretended to draw a red line in Syria as well as pretended with his Secretary of State, John Kerry, that they got rid of the chemical weapons. He dismissed ISIS as the junior varsity team. Then Obama allowed Russia to buy uranium from the U.S.

None of this was the doing of Trump.

So now we have this news nuggetry from Reich:

Salon Publishes Liberal Journalist Field Guide To Trump

“5. Focus on what he’s really doing, and put the day’s stories into this larger context. He’s (1) undermining democratic institutions, (2) using his office for personal gain, (3) sowing division and hate, (4) cozying up to dictators while antagonizing our democratic allies around the world, (5) violating the rule of law, and (6) enriching America’s wealthy while harming the middle class and the poor. He may also be (7) colluding with Putin.”

It's so devoid of contact with reality it amounts to a field guide for Republicans to run against Democrats who will take advice from dimwits like Reich. Why? Because:

Trump is making America great again.
Trump is allowing everyone to move up the economic ladder, especially minorities and other liberals. This has allowed unemployment for blacks and Hispanics to reach record lows. Democrat policies actually encourage more to be dependent on government while they pretend to care.
Business confidence and consumer confidence are much higher than any time during Obama’s eight years.
The economy is growing much faster under Trump than the “experts” said it could.

Trump is bringing back the rule of law at the Justice Dept after years of Obama running it as a fiefdom. Trump believes in the rule of law. Obama believed that he could make and change laws as he pleased.
Trump is actually leading on foreign policy instead of "leading from behind.
Trump is giving freedom, power and the purse back to the people from the greedy government.
Trump is bringing back manufacturing jobs after Obama and Democrats said they were gone for good.

I wonder why newscasters aren’t reporting this story! Or this one:

Boom: Over 95% of manufacturers bullish on future, ‘record optimism’
So let's continue the list:

Trump is bringing back freedom of choice on health care.
Trump understands that fossil fuels and CO2 are not more dangerous than terrorism.
Trump doesn't give terrorist sponsoring countries hundreds of billions to expand their terror and pay them ransom.
Trump is actually trying to get North Korea to give up nuclear weapons after three presidents appeased them.
Trump has kept the promise to move the Israeli embassy to Jerusalem after three presidents reneged on their promise.

Trump is actually trying to make other NATO countries to pay what they are supposed to after decades where they were allowed to skate.
Trump understands that human lives begin before they drop out of the birth canal.
This in no means is all inclusive.

In summary Trump believes in capitalism and the private sector. Obama believed in a powerful government. Our country became the greatest economic powerhouse in the world because of capitalism and the private sector, so why would Obama, Reich and the Democrats, including the media, want to remake America to have a more powerful government instead of just learn from history?

Trump has exceeded my wildest hopes. He appears to have been a much better choice than all the other Republicans, better than Mitt Romney, Better than John McCain and much better than the mental midget common criminal Hillary who wasn't bright enough to understand how to follow the law.

Trump won around 85% of counties. Republicans have won over 1,000 new seats in the last eight years. They absolutely should not listen to Democrats, the media, McCain, Corker, Flake, Kasich and others to move to the left. That would destroy the Republican Party and allow Pelosi and Schumer to become more powerful. The media and other Democrats will never support Republicans no matter how far to the left they move so why would we ever listen to advice from them.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1  seeder  XXJefferson51    6 years ago

“Trump is giving freedom, power and the purse back to the people from the greedy government.
Trump is bringing back manufacturing jobs after Obama and Democrats said they were gone for good.

I wonder why newscasters aren’t reporting this story! Or this one:

Boom: Over 95% of manufacturers bullish on future, ‘record optimism’
So let's continue the list:

Trump is bringing back freedom of choice on health care.
Trump understands that fossil fuels and CO2 are not more dangerous than terrorism.
Trump doesn't give terrorist sponsoring countries hundreds of billions to expand their terror and pay them ransom.
Trump is actually trying to get North Korea to give up nuclear weapons after three presidents appeased them.
Trump has kept the promise to move the Israeli embassy to Jerusalem after three presidents reneged on their promise.

Trump is actually trying to make other NATO countries to pay what they are supposed to after decades where they were allowed to skate.
Trump understands that human lives begin before they drop out of the birth canal.
This in no means is all inclusive.

In summary Trump believes in capitalism and the private sector. Obama believed in a powerful government. Our country became the greatest economic powerhouse in the world because of capitalism and the private sector, so why would Obama, Reich and the Democrats, including the media, want to remake America to have a more powerful government instead of just learn from history?

Trump has exceeded my wildest hopes.”

epistte
Junior Guide
2  epistte    6 years ago

Why do you insist on coughing up these intellectual hairballs on a daily basis?

When was the last time that you wrote 200 words of your own thoughts, instead of constantly posting strawman articles from the American Thinker, Breitbart, Townhall and other sites?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  epistte @2    6 years ago

Don’t like my two seeds a day?  Seed your own articles.  

epistte
Junior Guide
2.1.1  epistte  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1    6 years ago
Don’t like my two seeds a day?

I create threads when there is something that I feel that is worthy of discussion by a wider audience, not because I am permitted to seed twice a day. 

When did you last create more than 200 words of your own ideas, rather than seeding/replying with someone else's thoughts? 

sixpick
Professor Quiet
2.1.2  sixpick  replied to  epistte @2.1.1    6 years ago

I've seen many comments by Jefferson that were his own words.  Seeding articles is his thing.  He likes putting articles up that make those who would rather not see the truth thrown in their faces cringe and squirm around while they try desperately to derail the article.

Trump is bringing back the rule of law

This is a very good article Jefferson and the truth is the Left's worse enemy.

We don't want to forget Obama's change in policy of removing Cuban refugees preferred treatment and sending those who made it to this country, after escaping the Communist Island of Cuba, back to that Communist Island and the obvious treatment they would receive once they arrived back in Cuba. 

The MSM makes the news up for these useful idiots keeping them in an uproar, so something like that doesn't receive the broadcast exposure that something that can be made up or twisted about someone who loves his country and wants everyone to experience all the opportunities this country has to offer has to suffer.

I heard today that layoffs from your job is the lowest it has been since the 1970s.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.3  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  sixpick @2.1.2    6 years ago

That’s true.  There was another decrease announced today in that number.  Soon we will have the progressive left on their knees praying to the Flying Spaghetti Monster for as big a recession as fast as possible befall their fellow American citizens so that they can hope to reclaim political power on the backs of the newly poverty stricken among us. 

sixpick
Professor Quiet
2.1.4  sixpick  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1.3    6 years ago

I believe we already have that.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.1.5  Greg Jones  replied to  epistte @2.1.1    6 years ago
When did you last create more than 200 words of your own ideas, rather than seeding/replying with someone else's thoughts?

So you try to deflect away from the facts and truth contained in the message. This is one of the favorite tactics of the left, and of course, never works. Everything I have learned came from the written or spoken words of others. I interpret those ideas using common sense, reason, logic, conventional wisdom, and the collective unconscious.

But non of that matters. What's happening now in this country is that the Democrats are a war against themselves. The intelligent and truly educated liberals realize the hard liners are losing the battle for them big time because they can't come up with anything better than being anti-Trump...which is not a winning formula.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.6  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  sixpick @2.1.4    6 years ago

You are of course correct.  Isn’t it interesting that they got banned as sweeping generalizations all seeded articles critical of their beliefs and ideology so they can be protected in their insecurities in their new safe space here and now they complain about seeds promoting the policies, persons, and ideology of their opposition.  They will not be happy til they squelch all dissent from their point of view and we conservatives are banished to elsewhere.  

nightwalker
Sophomore Silent
3  nightwalker    6 years ago

Animal secretions. Keep on a-shoveling.

Digging a whole

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  nightwalker @3    6 years ago

You hungry?  💩 💩. Digging a whole Giggle

nightwalker
Sophomore Silent
3.1.1  nightwalker  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1    6 years ago

Naw, you go ahead, you enjoy it so much more then I do and I'm on a fecal-free diet. Wink

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
3.1.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  nightwalker @3.1.1    6 years ago

Nope.  It’s not my style or diet. Besides you brought up the matter.  I guess you’d rather talk about poop than about how the democrat party is going to lose the next two elections.  Increased majorities this year and 4 more years!  in 2020.  la de da

nightwalker
Sophomore Silent
3.1.3  nightwalker  replied to  XXJefferson51 @3.1.2    6 years ago

I didn't mention your diet, I was commenting on what you shovel, article after article, from anybody or any place as long as it leans to the right far enough whether it makes sense or not.

Ender
Professor Principal
4  Ender    6 years ago

Haaha.  OMG  The whole thing reads like propaganda.

Kavika
Professor Principal
4.1  Kavika   replied to  Ender @4    6 years ago

it is propaganda...

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5  JohnRussell    6 years ago

Trump's good unemployment numbers are somewhat misleading , as the labor force participation rate is lagging, and still has not recovered from the economic crash of 2008

United States Labor Force Participation Rate

When Trump says we have the lowest unemployment bla bla bla he is not taking into account all the people who are not participating in the labor market.  The labor participation rate is about 3% points lower than it was in 2008. Three percent of the American adult population is somewhere in the neighborhood of 7 million people. 

If we added 7 million people to the unemployment ranks today we would have a different unemployment rate, wouldn't we? 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @5    6 years ago

Here's an interesting thought . Red state drug addictions and chronic illnesses may be helping to keep Trump's unemployment rate so low. Opioid addicts can't work and are thus not counted in unemployment statistics. Same with the chronically ill middle aged folks, whose numbers seem to be increasing

Almost half of prime age men not in the labor force take pain medication daily to treat chronic health conditions. Two thirds of them are on prescription meds. A study by Yale professor Alan Krueger shows how this affected the LFPR. He estimates that, from 1999 to 2015, 20 percent of the LFPR decline for these men was caused by opioid dependency. Another study found that one million people are heavy users of opioid drugs. That's 0.5 percent of the labor force. It cost the economy $44 billion a year. It slowed economic growth by 0.2 percent. 

Another factor is the increasing number of people too sick or disabled to work. For example, 13.2 percent of those aged 56 - 60 cite that reason for not being in the labor force. The Atlanta Fed found it contributed 0.6 percent of the decrease in the LFPR. The level of sickness was highest in Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, and West Virginia. The two biggest illnesses were diabetes and high blood pressure.

So Trump has a dilemma , if he solves the opioid epidemic some of those folks might regain the ability to work and the unemployment rate will go up. What will Trump do? Are you kidding.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
5.2  arkpdx  replied to  JohnRussell @5    6 years ago

So for all the Obama years the left was claiming that the labor participation rate was meaningless and inconsequential. Now all of sudden your tune has changed and it now matters. 

Ender
Professor Principal
5.2.1  Ender  replied to  arkpdx @5.2    6 years ago

I think it has more to do with hypocrisy. For years trump and conservatives said that the numbers were a lie.

Now that trump is in charge, the numbers are correct and wonderful.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.2.2  JohnRussell  replied to  arkpdx @5.2    6 years ago

I really only brought it up as a counter to Trump's claims that we have the lowest unemployment in the past 50 years. That is highly doubtful. 

For example in the year 2000 the unemployment rate was 4% ( compared to 3.8% now). But the participation rate was considerable higher in 2000 compared to today. Thus the 4% then is the more impressive figure than the 3.8% today. 

Do you think we can get Trump to acknowledge this? 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.2.3  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  JohnRussell @5.2.2    6 years ago

The Obama defense to what you mention when he was in power was that with the large number of baby boomers retiring, and the generation entering the labor market being smaller it’s natural that the labor participation rate would drop.  Is that explanation no longer valid now that Obama left office and Trump instead of Hillary replaced him there?  

tomwcraig
Junior Silent
5.2.4  tomwcraig  replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.2.3    6 years ago

If you look at the data, the labor participation rate has actually stabilized.  It is holding steady at the same rates as what Obama had during the last 2 years of his Administration.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.2.5  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  tomwcraig @5.2.4    6 years ago

True as the original baby boomers born between 1946-1950 have passed full and in the case of half age 70 benefits too and are the largest part of the baby boom generation.  1946-1964.  As the years go by the rest of the baby boom of which I’m a part 1960, won’t be much different than other generations so the retirement shock of all the baby boomers hitting retirement may have already maxed out.  I have 8 years 11 months to full regular retirement.