╌>

Father of Honduran two-year-old who became the face of family separation crisis reveals daughter was never separated from her mother

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jasper2529  •  6 years ago  •  50 comments

Father of Honduran two-year-old who became the face of family separation crisis reveals daughter was never separated from her mother

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

The father of the Honduran girl who became the face of the family separation crisis has revealed that he still has not been in touch with his wife or daughter but was happy to learn they are safe. 

Denis Javier Varela Hernandez, 32, said that he had not heard from his wife Sandra, 32, who was with his two-year-old daughter Yanela Denise, for nearly three weeks until he saw the image of them being apprehended in Texas .

In an exclusive interview with DailyMail.com, Hernandez, who lives in Puerto Cortes, Honduras, says that he was told yesterday by a Honduran official in the US that his wife and child are being detained at a family residential center in Texas but are together and are doing 'fine.'  

Denis said his wife and daughter were never separated by border control agents and remain together.

Denis, who works as a captain at a port on the coast of Puerto Cortes, explained that things back home were fine but not great, and that his wife was seeking political asylum.

The couple has three other children, son Wesly, 14, and daughters Cindy, 11, and Brianna, six.  

He said he heard from friends that his wife paid $6,000 for a coyote - a term for someone who smuggles people across the border. 

'I wouldn't risk my life for it. It's hard to find a good job here and that's why many people choose to leave. But I thank God that I have a good job here. And I would never risk my life making that journey.'  

Moore's photo showed Yanela crying on a dirt track as her mother is patted down by a Border Patrol agent.

But Hernandez said that he had heard through family members that his wife and daughter had not actually been separated.

He said that Yanela is the youngest of four children and she was the only one that traveled with her mother, a decision that surprised him. 

Source:  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5869829/Father-two-year-old-face-child-separation-crisis-speaks-out.html

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1  seeder  Jasper2529    6 years ago

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2  seeder  Jasper2529    6 years ago

Does the little girl look familiar?

Jerry Verlinger
Freshman Silent
2.1  Jerry Verlinger  replied to  Jasper2529 @2    6 years ago

Yeah, she looks familiar, she is the same girl who is  the subject of f this story. Apparently your are  under the impression NT readers are too stupid to understand your attempted subterfuge.  

user image
Freshman Silent
2.1.1    replied to  Jerry Verlinger @2.1    6 years ago

Apparently your are under the impression NT readers are too stupid to understand the little girl was never " Ripped" from her mothers arms. Her mom was right there with her the whole time.  

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
2.1.2  Sunshine  replied to  Jerry Verlinger @2.1    6 years ago

What was it PT Barnum said?  "There is a sucker born...."

But the girl’s father told The Washington Post on Thursday night that his child and her mother were not separated, and a U.S. Customs and Border Protection spokesman confirmed that the family was not separated while in the agency’s custody

Apparently the mother is a repeat offender:

ICE said Sanchez was previously deported to Honduras in July 2013.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.3  XXJefferson51  replied to  Jerry Verlinger @2.1    6 years ago

Jasper is not the source of any subterfuge here.  

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.1.4  seeder  Jasper2529  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1.3    6 years ago
Jasper is not the source of any subterfuge here.

Thanks, Heartland American. I think that Jerry was just making a hit and run "attack the messenger (me)" comment instead of  discussing the seed. 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.1.6  seeder  Jasper2529  replied to  XDm9mm @2.1.5    6 years ago
For some posters, that's all they ever do.   The intelligence to actually discuss and support their theory is glaringly absent.  But then, progressives are not known for being anything but superficial.

Good morning, XD - As you know, as a "messenger" I've been attacked by both political "sides", so I'm used to it and it doesn't bother me. Their comments show that they're unable to discuss topics in a civil, polite manner.

Enjoy your Sunday.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.1.8  seeder  Jasper2529  replied to  XDm9mm @2.1.7    6 years ago
I'm headed out shortly to make another contribution to the lottery.

Good luck!

Jerry Verlinger
Freshman Silent
2.1.9  Jerry Verlinger  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.1.4    6 years ago
Thanks, Heartland American. I think that Jerry was just making a hit and run "attack the messenger (me)" comment instead of  discussing the seed.

Sorry for disengaging from the discussion, but my 'puter went down.In the meantime I, and others, have discovered the girl was not "ripped her mothers arms", but everybody must understand that some hyperbole from our position is a little necessary to keep pace with the enormous amount hyperbole that is emitted by the POTUS and his staff.

At any rate, the photo of that girl, while not accurate in it's presentation, it is very accurate in representing the horror to the children the United States is committing in its method of dealing with the arrival of all these refuges.        

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.1.10  seeder  Jasper2529  replied to  Jerry Verlinger @2.1.9    6 years ago
At any rate, the photo of that girl, while not accurate in it's presentation, it is very accurate in representing the horror to the children the United States is committing in its method of dealing with the arrival of all these refuges.

The photo of the girl isn't at all accurate in representing what you claim. The mother isn't a refugee. As many news agencies reported, she's guilty of fleeing with the child without her husband's knowledge and abandoning her husband (who has a good job) and 3 older children. She did not come to the US for asylum. She entered the US illegally with the one child who can't talk well.

She illegally entered via coyote and not through a legal port of entry. When caught, she claimed "asylum" but her actual goal was to get a job in the USA. By the way, this wasn't her first illegal entry rodeo - she'd been previously deported -- and that makes her a felon.

That being said ... how many other bogus "asylum seekers" like her have done the same?

Jerry Verlinger
Freshman Silent
2.1.11  Jerry Verlinger  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.1.10    6 years ago
The photo of the girl isn't at all accurate in representing what you claim.
I simply said the photo is accurate in depicting it in comparison to the terrible experiences many children are being exposed to because of the callous policy Trump has put n place.   
That being said ... how many other bogus "asylum seekers" like her have done the same?
I don't know, but I'm sure they are small in comparison to the hundreds of people that have had to flee the violence occuring in Central America.
When violence occurs in Asia and Europe, people flee to countries where they can be safe. (Swimming to the US is not an option)  When violence occurs in South or Central America, people can only flee to the United States where they are under the mistaken impression they will be safe and being completely unaware they will be separated from their children. 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3  seeder  Jasper2529    6 years ago

Jerry Verlinger
Freshman Silent
3.1  Jerry Verlinger  replied to  Jasper2529 @3    6 years ago

"Infowars", the home base of false news and misinformation.laughing dude

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3.1.1  seeder  Jasper2529  replied to  Jerry Verlinger @3.1    6 years ago

The information corroborates all of my other links. Knock it off, Jerry.

Jerry Verlinger
Freshman Silent
3.1.2  Jerry Verlinger  replied to  Jasper2529 @3.1.1    6 years ago
Knock it off, Jerry.

Ok, give me a minute.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
3.1.4  seeder  Jasper2529  replied to    6 years ago

Thanks for your efforts, OSM, but Jerry's been MIA since he made his drive-by comments two days ago. Seems he really may not have been very interested in discussing the actual topic.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4  Sean Treacy    6 years ago

This moral panic was created by leftwingers and media members posting obama era photos and claiming that it was  “happening  right now!”. When that was exposed, staged photos of kids at a protest went viral as a supposedly real depiction of a detention camp and now a national news magazine gets in on the act. 

Was it only last week some leftwingers on this site were in a tizzy because trump supposedly used fake evidence to support his arguments?

Jerry Verlinger
Freshman Silent
4.1  Jerry Verlinger  replied to  Sean Treacy @4    6 years ago
This moral panic was created by leftwingers and media members posting obama era photos and claiming that it was  “happening  right now!”

Come on Sean, I haven't been around NT lately, but I recall you are a lot smarter than that.

Apparently the new crowd around here has led you down the path to the garden of false news and you are buying into it. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Jerry Verlinger @4.1    6 years ago
Apparently the new crowd around here has led you down the path to the garden of false news and you are buying into it.

This is Obama' speechwriter using  photos from 2014 to attack Trump.  It basically started the "kids being mistreated at the border" news focus. 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
4.1.2  seeder  Jasper2529  replied to  Jerry Verlinger @4.1    6 years ago

I'm part of "the new crowd", Jerry, and I never post fake news. Comment on the seeded topic or leave.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
4.2  seeder  Jasper2529  replied to  Sean Treacy @4    6 years ago
This moral panic was created by leftwingers and media members posting obama era photos and claiming that it was  “happening  right now!”. When that was exposed, staged photos of kids at a protest went viral as a supposedly real depiction of a detention camp and now a national news magazine gets in on the act.

The Left sprang into Super-Hyper-Outrage-Mode on this topic as soon as the IG Report came out. They didn't care about any of these issues when Clinton, Bush, and Obama were presidents.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.3  XXJefferson51  replied to  Sean Treacy @4    6 years ago

But that’s different, fake news, sweeping generalizations, lies, misdating photos, etc are all fine if liberals do it and Trump is their target.  

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
5  Sunshine    6 years ago

Time is in the meme business now.

Poor child...she has been dragged across the world in who knows what conditions.  

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5.1  seeder  Jasper2529  replied to  Sunshine @5    6 years ago
Poor child...she has been dragged across the world in who knows what conditions.

At least she's safe with her mother in the USA now. The POS mother abandoned her husband and 3 other children.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
6  seeder  Jasper2529    6 years ago

user image
Freshman Silent
6.1    replied to  Jasper2529 @6    6 years ago

Great video nailing the Democrat BS

Jerry Verlinger
Freshman Silent
7  Jerry Verlinger    6 years ago

This is an interesting story. I watch CNN news most of the time and they have shown that photo hundreds of times in the past few days. If the story about the photo is inaccurate, it is likely on the photographer who related the story to CNN, I am sure CNN had hundreds of similar photos being offered to them, but they chose that one, possibly because of the cover story they received with it.

If CNN can prove the photographer misrepresented the story, there is a lawsuit in the wind and the photographer is going to have trouble selling his work in the future, which leads me to question the validity of this seed, if it is a seed. I cannot find any link to the source of this report. Or, if it not a seed, where are the links or references to confirm this information? 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
7.1  seeder  Jasper2529  replied to  Jerry Verlinger @7    6 years ago

Your comments on my seed indicate a Shoot, Ready, Aim attitude that is rude and unwarranted. I don't know why the URL source doesn't appear at the top of my seed, Jerry. When I went to edit it, the URL shows in the box of my Edit page.

In order to ensure that no one thinks I'm making this up, I added the URL link at the bottom of my introduction.

You can now read the article and see that the photographer and Time misrepresented what happened to this particular mother and child. They were never separated from each other.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
7.2  KDMichigan  replied to  Jerry Verlinger @7    6 years ago
If the story about the photo is inaccurate,

"We asked her to set the kid down in front of her, not away from her, she was right in front of her...So we can properly search the mother," Ruiz said. "So the kid immediately started crying as she set her down. I personally went up to the mother and asked her 'Are you doing OK? Is the kid OK?' and she said, 'Yes. She's tired and thirsty. It's 11 o'clock at night.'"

"When I took this picture, I knew it would be important. I had no way of knowing that it would touch people quite on the level that it has," Moore said. "I asked her how long she'd been traveling, and she gave me this very weary look, and she said she'd been on the road with her daughter for a month…. Imagine doing that with children. It's almost impossible to imagine, actually."
Moore's image is now on the cover of Time magazine next to a picture of President Trump.
"They're using it to symbolize a policy and that was not the case in this picture," Ruiz said. "It took less than two minutes. As soon as the search was finished, she immediately picked the girl up, and the girl immediately stopped crying."
Moore says Ruiz and other agents acted professionally that night. But he is happy with the cover and the response to the image.

He got paid and the liberal sheep ate it up.

This fake news following the picture of kids in dog kennels taken in 2015 that they blamed on Trump.

You would think a person that wasn't a bipartisan snowflake would be tired of this "FAKE NEWS"  

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
8  1ofmany    6 years ago

So this is just a picture of a little girl crying from being tired and hungry after being dragged by her mother across the desert to make a false asylum claim. Yet, the photograph is intended to make us think that this little girl was torn from her mother’s arms and left alone with no one to care for or about her, after watching her mother cruelly carted off to Trump’s Nazi-like concentration camp. And the heartless border/Gestapo guard is paying no more attention to her than he would a worm. ALL FAKE.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
8.1  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  1ofmany @8    6 years ago

It is a little more than that 1.

I usually get my news from CBS and ABC  when its on , This AM they had an interview with the CBP agent involved with this particular interception , in it he claims the parent and child were never separated , that she was asked to put the child down so that she could be field searched for weapons and contraband, which she complied with  and the photo was snapped by a photog that was on a ride along .

The interview also includes his (photogs0)on air statement that he asked the woman in question how long they had been traveling to get to the border, asked because both looked haggard and exausted,the reply according to him was , a month.

Along comes this daily mail article with the childs father stating the mother left home on the 3rd of june, and was interdicted in the early morning hours of the 12th of june. the father further states there are 3 other children that were left behind with him , that the mother had expressed a desire to migrate north for a better life 

The hearsay here is that she paid over 6 k to a coyote, that comes from friends of the father 

Here are the facts as I see them , 

the mother decided to take her toddler daughter , who can barely speak , yet leave the children that can communicate

the mother decided to attempt to ILLEGALLY enter the country, with this toddler in tow

the mother after being caught and detained lies to the photographer about the length of travel time , sorry 10 days from departure to capture is not a month. though travelling with a toddler for 10 days could feel like a month to some.

Seems to me this mother had this planned ahead of time , and purposely took the only child that cannot yet talk as a safety net if caught , if she wasn't donated the 6k in funds for the coyote , she must have been saving or borrowed it from friends or family .

The husbands story would to me really blow any asylum claim she may attempt to make right out of the water , because wanting a better life , is NOT grounds for asylum, unless she is going to claim HE was actually abusive …..but she has already proven she has no regard for established law by attempting illegal entry , she has proven she will LIE when questioned  as evidenced about how long they had travelled, 

When one breaks the law sympathy , empathy and compassion tend to be the first victims , when one lies , those 3 things go right out the window as far as I am concerned and the one doing those things are entitled to none of the 3 .

My sympathy is for the child and this 2 year old should be sent BACK to her father and siblings in the ONLY home she has ever known ,

and the piece of shit  manipulative cunt mother , should be forever barred entry into THIS country for life, call it the consequences of NOT following the law and procedure because she didn't have the patience to do it the right (legal) way in the first case.

let the neck and forehead veins pop....

katlin02
Freshman Silent
8.1.1  katlin02  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @8.1    6 years ago

the piece of shit  manipulative cunt mother , should be forever barred entry into THIS country for life, call it the consequences of NOT following the law and procedure because she didn't have the patience to do it the right (legal) way in the first case.

totally agree with this---that picture and the whole story the libs made up to go with it is nothing more than a blatant lie.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
8.1.2  1ofmany  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @8.1    6 years ago
The husbands story would to me really blow any asylum claim she may attempt to make right out of the water , because wanting a better life , is NOT grounds for asylum, unless she is going to claim HE was actually abusive …..

I agree with everything you said but she isn’t eligible for asylum even if he did abuse her. Sessions clarified that domestic abuse doesn’t qualify and, besides, she can move somewhere else in her own country to get away from him rather than come here. Her husband has made clear that her asylum claim is bogus and she should be kicked out immediately. 

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
9  Sunshine    6 years ago

Time actually thought they could get away with their fake news.  Wonder why?  Could it be because CNN, MSNBC do it on a daily basis.

user image
Freshman Silent
9.1    replied to  Sunshine @9    6 years ago

NBC, CBS, and ABC found time to cover the Time magazine cover with the little girl crying saying she was "Ripped" from her mother's arms and carted away to a detention center when in fact the child was with her mother the entire time.

NBC, BBS, and ABC had the time to cover this fake news but in 9.5 hours of broadcasting, they didn't say a peep about the real story of Peter Fonda saying, Barron Trump should be put in a cage with pedophiles. The left-wing bias is sickening. 

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
9.1.1  KDMichigan  replied to  @9.1    6 years ago
The left-wing bias is sickening.

Yes it is. November is coming and people will remember the left wing hypocrisy that we see every day.

katlin02
Freshman Silent
9.2  katlin02  replied to  Sunshine @9    6 years ago

not only are they lying with this story they have people on proudly proclaiming that libs should turn to violence against every trump voter, call for the murder of ICE agents and for the violent rape of the young grandkids of trump--they are escalating violent behavior, wonder what they will do when libs finally get the ass beating they are asking for.

user image
Freshman Silent
9.2.1    replied to  katlin02 @9.2    6 years ago
wonder what they will do when libs finally get the ass beating they are asking for.

If they do, libs have perfected lying to the point where the uninformed believe them.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
10  Buzz of the Orient    6 years ago

It's a fraud the mainstream media learned how to do from Hamas. When they saw the naive gullible fools around the world believed Hamas, they realized they could get away with it too.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
11  seeder  Jasper2529    6 years ago

But facts be damned, because TIME's original article erroneously stated border agents had carried the child away screaming as they detained her mom –  who turned out to be a previously deported Honduran woman who’d paid a human trafficker $6,000 to smuggle her and her daughter into the United States illegally so she could get a job, all without the toddler’s dad knowing. 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
12  seeder  Jasper2529    6 years ago

Everything the media missed:

timf-everything-the-media-missed-mother-and-daughter-were-never-34296162.png

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
12.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Jasper2529 @12    6 years ago

That picture needs to be put everywhere in the country in every media for maximum exposure.  

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
12.1.1  seeder  Jasper2529  replied to  XXJefferson51 @12.1    6 years ago
That picture needs to be put everywhere in the country in every media for maximum exposure.

It's been very widely circulated in my circles. Mine is an easily transferrable ".png" so feel free to circulate what the Left/MSM wants to hide.