╌>

The Amazing Pelosi-Schumer Immigration Solution!

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  sixpick  •  6 years ago  •  69 comments

The Amazing Pelosi-Schumer Immigration Solution!

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Image: The Amazing Pelosi-Schumer Immigration Solution!

Wow, is this possible, what I just heard?

That some major millionaire liberal leaders of politics and media are offering to make serious personal sacrifices as examples to the rest of America ?

The media is making sure we all know about the seemingly impossible impasse in Congress, as Democrats and Republicans wrestle with the decades-long problem of immigration.

Most Americans still cherish the idea of the Lady of Liberty standing in the harbor, arms open, saying in the famous words of Emma Lazarus in 1883, “Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free.” We always celebrate the millions among us whose forebears came to these shores with little or nothing, truly seeking our liberties and opportunities, who came through the immigration process and became solid, productive citizens, often achieving tremendous success.

In fact, historically, we might be described as “an immigrant nation.” Our earliest colonists came from elsewhere, at great difficulty and through rigorous, dangerous travel.

And yet, right now, we have many thousands of the “tired, poor, huddled masses” at our southern border, yearning for the American Dream, many with little children — and the whole nation is in conflict over how to accommodate them. The Republican controlled Congress is presenting at least two comprehensive plans to (1) preserve our border security from drug trafficking, alien smuggling, criminal gang encroachment and pure and simple illegal entry — and (2) to devise a fair and orderly process by which individuals and their kids can still gain access to life in America.

As we know, the whole dilemma is terribly exacerbated right now by the several thousand of those “huddled masses” at the border, with kids (some with their own parents, some not), and Congress haplessly divided completely along party lines. Apparently, the Dems and Repubs just cannot agree on a workable solution.

BUT WAIT! I just heard — and haven’t had time to confirm this exciting rumor — Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, and very vocal advocate for humanitarian solutions Anderson Cooper of CNN have just decided to set the examples themselves, personally, on how to solve the dilemma!

They are turning their own homes, their lovely estates, into smaller “sanctuary cities”! They’re letting any and all undocumented immigrants, with or without kids, “come one, come all,” move into their houses, their guesthouses, their garages and basements — as many as can jam their way in, and will provide their needs personally, out of their own pockets!

I even heard, just now, that Wolf Blitzer and Jake Tapper of CNN have announced their willingness to do the same, even offering transportation to public schools for the kids and using their own health insurance to provide medical care for the new immigrants! Ditto Senator Mazie Horono of Hawaii, most strenuous critic of President Trump and his efforts.

What a truly magnanimous, humanitarian, self-sacrificing example these liberal representatives are offering the American people. That’s what we’ve all been looking for, not just preachments about what other Americans should do, regardless of the mounting billions of taxpayer costs…and the rising perils of criminal infiltration of all 50 states through hopelessly porous borders…but personal sacrifices by the critics themselves, real sacrifices to help real people with their own real funds and spaces.

Isn’t that just incredible? Who would have anticipated such a thing? Politicians and pundits not just telling other citizens what they collectively should do, at no expense to themselves whatever — but stepping up individually, opening their own homes and bank accounts, and competing to see who could house and make comfortable the largest number of immigrants?

I sure hope it’s true, I'm waiting for CNN to report it.

Meanwhile, I’m reminded of the response the notorious bank robber Willie Sutton made when asked why he robbed banks: “ Because that’s where the money is.”

Well, sure, that’s obvious. But what if the bankers would follow the example, up till now, of our liberal politicians, and just say to potential robbers, “Hey, put your guns away. You don’t need to rob us…just step up to our windows, say what you want, and our tellers will give it to you. It’s not our money anyway, it was put in our hands by our depositors, and they’ll never know the difference. As long as they keep putting money in our banks, we’ll let you have whatever you want, doesn’t cost us anything. Those robberies are just too noisy and dangerous!”

Well, we know that wasn’t going to happen. And I never heard of a banker willing to give a potential robber what he wanted either. That’s what so amazes me about this Pelosi-Schumer-Cooper rumor — that these liberal icons, who have always been so willing to give billions of taxpayer money to illegal aliens — at no cost to themselves personally — might actually step up and invite some “huddled masses” into their own homes!

What a great and positive example of true humanitarian concern.

Sure hope it’s true.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

sixpick
Professor Quiet
1  seeder  sixpick    6 years ago

No, it's not true but those with the money are true to form going to have a hunger strike to protest the actions at the border.  Wonder why they don't just go make a movie and donate the money from it to the children?

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
2  Bob Nelson    6 years ago

I much prefer the GOP immigration solution.

oh, wait........

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.3  Texan1211  replied to  Bob Nelson @2    6 years ago

Oh, wait---do you mean enforcing current laws?

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
2.3.1  Bob Nelson  replied to  Texan1211 @2.3    6 years ago

I have no idea.

If you can detect a "policy" somewhere in the Republicans' travelling carnaval, you're more perceptive than I.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
2.3.2  seeder  sixpick  replied to  Texan1211 @2.3    6 years ago

I'd say we need to get rid of the policy of giving citizenship to children born here by illegal immigrants.  Actually the law doesn't give them citizenship, kind of like the GOP use to be blue and now it is red.  Just happen one year and has been that way every since.  The law doesn't give children of people who are in this country citizenship, but the policy does, just kind of happened one day.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
2.3.3  arkpdx  replied to  Bob Nelson @2.3.1    6 years ago
I have no idea.

Now that I believe. 

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
2.3.4  Bob Nelson  replied to  arkpdx @2.3.3    6 years ago

Gee...

You're taking words out of context.

Gosh.

Wow.

Such a surprise...

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
3  Rmando    6 years ago

If only any of this were true...

The way CNN is going their anchors will need to save their money for themselves. They can't even get a million viewers at any one time. 

I guess Anderson Vanderbilt could afford to house a few aliens though.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
3.1  Bob Nelson  replied to  Rmando @3    6 years ago

Obviously a Bilderburger conspiracy!

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
3.1.1  Rmando  replied to  Bob Nelson @3.1    6 years ago

I don't know anything about conspiracy theories. That's all left wing territory.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
3.1.3  Bob Nelson  replied to    6 years ago

OMG!

You two actually take remarks about the Bilderburgers seriously!

Wow! Eye Roll

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.1.4  Greg Jones  replied to  Bob Nelson @3.1    6 years ago

They actually exist, and we have to wonder why Governor Hickenlooper of Colorado was there in Milan attending their secret little get-together a few weeks ago? His wife is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations. Not sure what the Tri-Lateral Commission has been up to lately. Party

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
3.1.5  Bob Nelson  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1.4    6 years ago
They actually exist...

... and they secretly rule the world!

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
3.1.7  Bob Nelson  replied to  dennis smith @3.1.6    6 years ago

That’s okay with me.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
3.1.8  Raven Wing  replied to  dennis smith @3.1.6    6 years ago
Nothing you say is taken seriously

Why do you think everything you say is taken seriously?  Just because it is YOU saying it makes you think every word you post it is totally credible? 

sixpick
Professor Quiet
3.1.9  seeder  sixpick  replied to  Raven Wing @3.1.8    6 years ago

Raven, this article is a joke, but this article isn't.

When I read it I was emotionally moved to say the least.  Can't you just read it?  I didn't see a comment from one person on the Left.  Surely you could post the first one.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
3.1.10  Raven Wing  replied to  sixpick @3.1.9    6 years ago

I did read it. Having a Father who was a police officer for over 15 years, and a Texas Ranger involved in very dangerous undercover assignments for almost 4 years, and a cousin who worked for the Border Patrol in San Diego, I am well aware of the kind of life her husband is living with and the affect is may have on him, and her. The same kind of life that my Mother lived with for much of her life with my Father. So I know the stress and fear that the woman must be feeling for her husband and what he is exposed to at work. 

When my Father left for work each day we never knew if we would see him alive again, so we made sure that he knew how much he was loved each time he left. You live one day at a time, give a big sigh of relief when he walks in the door. Even as a young child I realized the life my Parents lived, and my fear for my Father each time he left for work was something that haunted me for many years, and was the cause of many frightening nightmares. He himself was also traumatized by the many that he found dead and dying at many confrontation scenes. He held 15 of his various partners and compeers who were dying from ambush attacks and confrontations, some he had known for many years, and it broke his heart. I could hear him crying alone in is bedroom after each one was laid to rest. He also saw much of what her husband saw, the world is a vicious place for some, and death is always just a breath away. 

But....like her husband...it was something that my Father chose to do. Like her husband, no one forced my Father to take those kinds of jobs, but, it was something that he felt he should do. 

So.....there really is not much more I could add to that article/seed that she had not already expressed.

And when you say you didn't see comment from anyone of the Left, you demeaned the post and her statement by making it political. And you also wrongly chose to assume that I am on the political Left. So why should I be compelled to take your request seriously.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
3.1.11  seeder  sixpick  replied to  Raven Wing @3.1.10    6 years ago

Well, I hate I said anything that may have kept you from supporting one of the best articles on here today that tells the side of those who have given their time and lives to help those who who have broken the law, but have gone on to help them anyway.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
4  1ofmany    6 years ago

We’re actually paying these two old demented scoundrels to obstruct justice and overrun the country with illegal aliens. Just looking at them is nauseating. 

sixpick
Professor Quiet
4.1  seeder  sixpick  replied to  1ofmany @4    6 years ago

1ofmany, neither of them will every be subjected to immigration in any form.  They are the elite, high above the rest of us and their goals are of gaining power and nothing more.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
4.1.1  1ofmany  replied to  sixpick @4.1    6 years ago

Who needs foreign threats when you have these two tearing the country up from the inside?