╌>

The Times finally gets to the bottom of Trump supporters: It turns out they're garbage human beings

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  dulay  •  6 years ago  •  244 comments

The Times finally gets to the bottom of Trump supporters: It turns out they're garbage human beings

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

The author goes through some trouble and many paragraphs to explain this phenomenon of Trump support despite Trump’s grotesque family-values-averse behaviors via a mix of sociology and class, because we are not allowed to point out that these people are simply dishonest bullshitters. When you grow up in Nebraska, you are apparently expected to bleat about family values and the corruption of the elites, to be sure—but, socioeconomically speaking, it is apparently all a ruse meant for the children and whatever gullible reporters wander through town. In reality, when it comes to the churches and the voting booths, you can be as adulterous as you want, cheat your neighbor eagerly and gleefully, lie to everyone about everything and—if you are in the right tribe, and only if you are in the right tribe—it is expected.
We're not supposed to say it, but that is what the sociological modal boils down to. I think all of us have ample experience with these sorts of human beings, and it is not necessarily political. I believe I have pointed out multiple times that in my own experiences, for example, if any business owner mentions Jesus within the first 10 minutes of meeting you you can be absolutely, 100 percent assured they are out to scam you, good and hard, which is an interesting metric of what so-called Christianity has been reduced to in many subsets of the American psyche. But in general, journalists and other neutral observers are not supposed to notice that wide swaths of society are, in fact, Not Good People. Even if there are entire churches or towns filled with them.
And so we instead get it explained to us in very neutral, analytical terms. Can't very well take to the pages of the New York Times to explain that Trump voters are wife-beating fascists who admire Trump's ability to build a golden tower for himself by cheating other people out of their money, but even in its most anodyne formulation the message is clear: Trump's version of "family values" plays well to people who themselves have none.
Baffling as it may be to elites, Mr. Trump embodies a real if imperfect model of family values. People familiar with the purple family model tend to view his alienation from his children’s mother as normal and his closeness to his children as exceptional and admirable. I saw this among my acquaintances in Nebraska. Even those from red families were more likely than my acquaintances in New York to know someone who has had a child out of wedlock or is subject to a restraining order.
See there? By God, being a do-nothing father with no apparent love for his kids is the downright admirable way to raise a family. And who, among Trump's base, has not had a restraining order slapped on them at some point in their lives? Oopsies have been made.
The only way Trump could connect with these fine upstanding voters any deeper than he has, I tell you, is to start a meth lab in his basement.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Dulay
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Dulay    6 years ago

There is an obsessive need, in our journalistic culture, to explain bad behavior away. Donald Trump is not an amoral cesspool of lies, he is merely engaging in a particular brand of political rhetoric that seeks to persuade via the creative denial of the world everyone else can see with their own two eyes—and it's not for we keepers of the truth to judge. Donald Trump's supporters are not themselves dismal human beings who have open contempt for anyone not in their own small tribe, people who are forever obsessed with harming every other tribe in every other way, regardless of how it is done or how many family values rules need to be broken to do it, but are waving their little rebel flags and demanding child internment camps because their economic anxiety has gotten their stomachs all a-knotted of late.
But the acts speak for themselves. Trump's supporters do not care about his values, his lies, the means by which he achieves his ends, or whether or not he burns the Constitution in a barbecue pit so long as he can make them feel better about their own lot in life. This is not our construction, but their own; you need not look very far in any interview to find it. They are not good people. They are not good Americans, and their so-called morals are reptilian at best. We are allowed to say it.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Dulay @1    6 years ago
We are allowed to say it.

Are you sure? The comments could be construed to be skirting the COC by dissing a whole group of people...namely, anyone who supports Trump.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.2.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Greg Jones @1.2    6 years ago

The whole headline from Daily Kos is a sweeping generalization by the standards applied to seeds from comparable sources on the right. The whole seed should be struck down according to the new coc.  Honestly I don’t really care if the seed is here or not.  I just want to put one up talking of democrats as human garbage.  

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.2  seeder  Dulay  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.2.1    6 years ago
I just want to put one up talking of democrats as human garbage.

Isn't that the posit of majority of your seeds? 

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2.3  devangelical  replied to  Dulay @1.2.2    6 years ago

Haven't you seen the latest seed? trump ass lickers = patriots, (paraphrasing), of Russia I assume.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.2.5  XXJefferson51  replied to  NORMAN-D @1.2.4    6 years ago

Good question.  

pat wilson
Professor Participates
1.2.6  pat wilson  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.2.1    6 years ago
I just want to put one up talking of democrats as human garbage.

What are you talking about ? You do that on a regular basis.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
1.2.7  Raven Wing  replied to  pat wilson @1.2.6    6 years ago

(Deleted)

Ender
Professor Principal
1.2.8  Ender  replied to  devangelical @1.2.3    6 years ago
trump ass lickers = patriots, (paraphrasing), of Russia I assume.

A bunch of republicans spent the 4th of July in Russia kissing the regimes ass. Such patriots the conservatives are.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.9  Texan1211  replied to  Greg Jones @1.2    6 years ago

Kind of depends on who posts such garbage.

And, of course, who they post to.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.10  seeder  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.9    6 years ago
Kind of depends on who posts such garbage. And, of course, who they post to.

It shouldn't, should it? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.11  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @1.2.10    6 years ago

No, it really shouldn't.

But it looks like it does at times.

Dulay
Professor Expert
1.2.12  seeder  Dulay  replied to  Greg Jones @1.2    6 years ago
Are you sure?

Yes. 

The comments could be construed to be skirting the COC by dissing a whole group of people...

As does the headline and content of a plethora of seeds posted here every day. I have yet to see you on any of them stating that their content is a CoC violation. In fact, I've seen you willingly participate in many of them. Why the double standard? 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3  Tessylo  replied to  Dulay @1    6 years ago

deleted

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2  Sean Treacy    6 years ago

Dailykos.

Classy.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
2.1  bbl-1  replied to  Sean Treacy @2    6 years ago

Daily Stormer or The Klan Weekly is more classy?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  bbl-1 @2.1    6 years ago

All three equally bad and evil.  No place here for any of them.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1.1    6 years ago

So plenty of room for The American Stinker right?  and Breitfart?

laughing dude

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1.3  devangelical  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.2    6 years ago

both are nazi-lite publications

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.4  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.2    6 years ago

Both have had articles that met the standards needed to be listed at Real Clear Politics.  There are articles on the left that clear their standards but not this one.  

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.1.5  seeder  Dulay  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1.4    6 years ago
Both have had articles that met the standards needed to be listed at Real Clear Politics.

Does that mean that you will only be seeding American Stinker articles if they are listed at Real Clear Politics? Can we hold you to that? 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.6  XXJefferson51  replied to  Dulay @2.1.5    6 years ago

It depends.  Lately most all articles I’ve seeded were ones I found listed there.  Including two from American Thinker this week.  Real Clear Politics is a good buffer because it would be hard to boot a seed here left or right that passed muster there.  

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1.7  devangelical  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1.6    6 years ago

Which is precisely why you've concealed the original sources of seeds and gotten called on it. 

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
2.2  Skrekk  replied to  Sean Treacy @2    6 years ago
Dailykos.    Classy.

It's actually about a NY Times article but I doubt anyone expected Trump supporters to actually read the seeded article.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
2.2.1  Bob Nelson  replied to  Skrekk @2.2    6 years ago

One of the guys complaining about Daily Kos sometimes doesn't read his own seeds, which is comprehensible since they're basically all the same... and very, very boring. The other... almost never seeds anything at all.

But hey!

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
2.2.2  Skrekk  replied to  Bob Nelson @2.2.1    6 years ago

To summarize the NY Times article for our friends here who didn't bother to read it, Trump won the uneducated white trash vote.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
2.2.3  Bob Nelson  replied to  Skrekk @2.2.2    6 years ago
... who didn't bother to read...

They rarely read more than the title of anything... so the idea of their following a link to read an article is... downright hilarious!

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
2.2.4  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  Skrekk @2.2.2    6 years ago
Trump won the uneducated white trash vote.

And what demographic voted most heavily for Clin-toon?

Wait for it....

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.5  seeder  Dulay  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @2.2.4    6 years ago
And what demographic voted most heavily for Clin-toon?

Educated white women and people of color.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
2.2.6  Skrekk  replied to  Dulay @2.2.5    6 years ago

That sure doesn't speak well of my white guy demographic.....somehow we always seem to vote for the right wing moron.

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.7  seeder  Dulay  replied to  Skrekk @2.2.6    6 years ago

Here is an interesting graph:

FT_16.11.09_exitPolls_education.jpg

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2.8  Texan1211  replied to  Skrekk @2.2.2    6 years ago

To summarize for our more brilliant friends, Trump won.

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.9  seeder  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @2.2.8    6 years ago
To summarize for our more brilliant friends, Trump won.

To clarify for those who are less brilliant, the question wasn't about who WON, it was about the demographic of who voted for whom. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.10  Tessylo  replied to  Dulay @2.2.9    6 years ago

applause

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2.11  Texan1211  replied to  Dulay @2.2.9    6 years ago

Nobody but the losers care.

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.12  seeder  Dulay  replied to  Texan1211 @2.2.11    6 years ago

So you're calling the member who asked the question a looser. Not sure that he'll appreciate that... 

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
2.2.13  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  Dulay @2.2.5    6 years ago
Educated white women and people of color.

And of the two you cite, which ONE demographic voted most heavily for Clin-toon? Come on, you're the one that brought education and race into the discussion so let's go there . But then somehow I'm not surprised that you equate education levels with intelligence without realizing that just because someone doesn't have a degree doesn't mean they are stupid.

Summary:

1. Intelligence is intrinsic and an internal force
2. Education is an extrinsic or external force provided by a third party
3. There are many different types of intelligence that are now recognized by psychologists
4. People can be intelligent , but uneducated and vice versa

Such a ᏗᏕᎶᏆᏍᎩ i. ¡Que tengas un buen día! 

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.14  seeder  Dulay  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @2.2.13    6 years ago
And of the two you cite, which ONE demographic voted most heavily for Clin-toon?

Educated white women. 

Come on, you're the one that brought education and race into the discussion so let's go there.

Actually, I wasn't. It seems that you are having issues following the thread. 

But then somehow I'm not surprised that you equate education levels with intelligence without realizing that just because someone doesn't have a degree doesn't mean they are stupid.

Somehow I'm not surprised that you jump to that conclusion. Elections stats cite education as a demographic. I FACTUALLY cited that demographic. I did NOT 'equate education levels' with ANYTHING.  

BTW, I note that YOU are equating education with a degree. One can be highly educated yet lack a degree. 

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
2.2.15  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  Dulay @2.2.14    6 years ago
Educated white women.

WRONG! African-American's were the single demographic which OVERWHELMINGLY voted for Clin-toon. But you already knew that and are simply beating a retreat from the facts.

Actually, I wasn't. It seems that you are having issues following the thread.

Not at all. Shrekk made a comment and I addressed it (and taking the facts that YOU seeded this article AND voted up Shrekks' and everyone else who called T-Rump supporters basically ignorant, I would say it is MORE than fair to infer you share the view even if you haven't stated it in black and white on this thread. Or are you now claiming that his supporters ARE NOT ignorant???) and then you jumped into the discussion trying to prove that it was the uneducated whites (and presumably stupid) that were T-Rumps overwhelming base support.

BTW, I note that YOU are equating education with a degree.

Why Yes I am because as we all know, a great education without a degree is a waste of money.../s

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.16  seeder  Dulay  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @2.2.15    6 years ago
WRONG! African-American's were the single demographic which OVERWHELMINGLY voted for Clin-toon. But you already knew that and are simply beating a retreat from the facts.

Really? The numbers of white educated women that voted for Clinton OUT NUMBERS the number of ALL African Americans in the US including non voters. 

But you already knew that and are simply beating a retreat from the facts.

Nope, I didn't 'know that' because it isn't a FACT. 

Not at all.

Not at all WHAT?

Shrekk made a comment and I addressed it

Actually, Shrekk made a comment and you asked a question WITHOUT addressing it at all. 

(and taking the facts that YOU seeded this article AND voted up Shrekks' and everyone else who called T-Rump supporters basically ignorant, I would say it is MORE than fair to infer you share the view even if you haven't stated it in black and white on this thread. Or are you now claiming that his supporters ARE NOT ignorant???)

Well that's a fucking mouth full of a parenthetical sentence. You should have asked the question outside of it. 

To answer your question, hardly. 

and then you jumped into the discussion 

Since you've already acknowledged that I seeded the article, my comments here can hardly be considered as 'jumping into the discussion'. 

trying to prove that it was the uneducated whites (and presumably stupid) that were T-Rumps overwhelming base support.

Why are you presuming that 'uneducated whites' are 'stupid'. You sure as hell can't cite any statement I have made to that effect. 

Why Yes I am because as we all know, a great education without a degree is a waste of money.../s

Though you haven't made that claim with sarcasm before. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.17  seeder  Dulay  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @2.2.15    6 years ago

Where-do-you-go-after-a-failure.jpg

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
2.2.18  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  Dulay @2.2.16    6 years ago

Really? The numbers of white educated women that voted for Clinton OUT NUMBERS the number of ALL African Americans in the US including non voters. 

Maybe so, but what percentage Of African-Americans voted for Clin-toon versus what percentage of white women voted for Clin-toon???  You can keep trying to weasel out of it but the facts are the facts. The ONE demographic that overwhelming supported Clin-toon was the African-American vote by a stunning margin of 51% (college educated women) versus 89% (blacks who voted for Clinton). Now let's do a little math shall we??? 49.7% of white women went to college. 51% voted for Clin-toon, so only roughly half of the half of white women who went to college voted for the Toon.  Meanwhile, T-Rump still beat the Toon by 4% on the college educated voted. DOH! And by the numbers, roughly 1/4th of white women supported sHill-ary over T-Rump at the polls. Actually, it was more like 61%...

Why are you presuming that 'uneducated whites' are 'stupid'. You sure as hell can't cite any statement I have made to that effect.

So you are NOT claiming that T-Rump was elected by stupid people? Then exactly WHY did you seed the piece and WHY are you voting up everyone who says they are? Are you are you not in agreement with their comments??? Or are you now trying to "walk back" your support for their comments?

my comments here can hardly be considered as 'jumping into the discussion'

Actually, since the response was directed to Shrekk specifically, then indeed you "jumped in" to the discussion. Or is Shrekk a parachute account of yours???

Pack a lunch Dulay, when you take me on.

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
2.2.19  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  Dulay @2.2.17    6 years ago

In this case? Straight to the Trump train apparently. You were asking about that failure affectionately known as O'Bummer weren't you???

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.20  seeder  Dulay  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @2.2.18    6 years ago
You can keep trying to weasel out of it but the facts are the facts.

Yes and I cited the facts. Proof of that is your reply of "Maybe so'. How many posts did it take you to ask the right question to get the answer you wanted?

So you are NOT claiming that T-Rump was elected by stupid people? Then exactly WHY did you seed the piece and WHY are you voting up everyone who says they are?

Actually, my seed is about the HYPOCRISY of Trump supporters. Try reading it. 

Are you are you not in agreement with their comments??? 

Not necessarily, perhaps I enjoyed their turn of phrase. Though I do think all too many of Trump's supporters are willfully uninformed and in some cases willfully obtuse. 

Or are you now trying to "walk back" your support for their comments?

Nope.

Actually, since the response was directed to Shrekk specifically, then indeed you "jumped in" to the discussion. Or is Shrekk a parachute account of yours???

Well gee CK, Shrekk's response was directed specifically to Bob. So I guess per your standards YOU were the one who 'jumped in to the discussion'. 

Pack a lunch Dulay, when you take me on.

I don't even need a snack. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.21  seeder  Dulay  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @2.2.19    6 years ago
You were asking about that failure affectionately known as O'Bummer weren't you???

Nope.

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
2.2.22  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  Dulay @2.2.20    6 years ago

*Yawn*

Dulay
Professor Expert
2.2.23  seeder  Dulay  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @2.2.22    6 years ago

Did you just wake up after two weeks? 

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
2.2.25  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  Dulay @2.2.23    6 years ago
Did you just wake up after two weeks? 

Yep. Got bored...

PJ
Masters Quiet
3  PJ    6 years ago

Great find.  It made me laugh outloud because many of the questions being asked were questions I have also asked.  The speculated answers were reasonable and believable.

Almost like a hometown hero making it big.  Burping and farting all the way to the WH.  

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4  bbl-1    6 years ago

Article is a bit over the top.

But, I have relations that are all in for Trump.  One is in because he is an avowed, unapologetic racist.  Another believes the fetus is supreme.  And yet another told me that, "God spoke to me."  And yet another is in because the others told her it was her duty.

Trump's only avenue of survival is whether the 'dirty money' is ever aired.   Cheating on his wives, cavorting with dictators, weakening the foundations of democracy does not matter to his base.   

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  bbl-1 @4    6 years ago

My brothers-in-law are all trump supporters but their sense of family values is whacked. They love their mother, father, brothers, and cousins....but all have had at least one child out of wedlock, and the worst has had 4. Abortion and birth control is wrong and a sin but having sex outside of marriage is just fine.

I just shake my head

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
4.1.1  livefreeordie  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1    6 years ago

Hmm, I know they exist, but within all of my circles of friends I know of none who act or believe that way

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
4.1.2  sandy-2021492  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1    6 years ago

Yup.  I had this uncle - well, he died in '96, but he left quite a legacy.

His first child was already in the oven when he and his first wife walked down the aisle.  So, of courses, his daughter was a whore for having her daughter out of wedlock.

He raised 8 kids on welfare, but other families on welfare were, of course, deadbeats.

He was all about Christianity and "family values", but his oldest 3 kids had to leave home after his divorce and remarriage, because his new wife didn't like "his" kids sharing with "their" kids.  It took them decades, him filing for divorce from her, and the death of his oldest son to reconcile with his oldest daughters.

And he's not the only one in my family like that.

I have a family reunion this weekend.  Sigh.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  sandy-2021492 @4.1.2    6 years ago

You have my sympathies

epistte
Junior Guide
4.1.4  epistte  replied to  sandy-2021492 @4.1.2    6 years ago
I have a family reunion this weekend.

I had a family reunion about 3 weeks ago. I decided to paint my nails instead. 

96WS6
Junior Quiet
4.1.5  96WS6  replied to  epistte @4.1.4    6 years ago

How sad you you would rather paint your nails than spend time with your family.  

epistte
Junior Guide
4.1.6  epistte  replied to  96WS6 @4.1.5    6 years ago
How sad you care more about your nails than your family.

You missed the sarcasm.

I don't want to deal with their drama and backbiting gossip. I heard all about it on Facebook.

96WS6
Junior Quiet
4.1.7  96WS6  replied to  epistte @4.1.6    6 years ago

No I didn't miss it at all.  It is sad you don't like your own family.  This and the above posts about family actually explain a lot.   

epistte
Junior Guide
4.1.8  epistte  replied to  96WS6 @4.1.7    6 years ago
This and the above posts about family actually explain a lot.

I am tired of dealing with the drama that they create. They give you a hug and the first thing that you feel is the knife that they stick in your back. Anything that you say gets twisted around and isn't close to being what you said when you hear the 3rd hand gossip a week later.   Its like an episode of Survivor with a bad carry-in casserole dinner. 

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
4.1.9  sandy-2021492  replied to  96WS6 @4.1.7    6 years ago

My cousin said, of her mother, who died last year, that she "hated every day that bitch walked the Earth".

She now has power of attorney over my uncle, who has dementia, and is draining him dry.

Some family works hard to be disliked.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
4.1.10  Spikegary  replied to  epistte @4.1.8    6 years ago

That has to suck.  I just spent a week (actually 10 days) at the family lakehouse.  We had 4 generations of family gather and had a wonderful time.  Of course, there are always interpersonal issues, but we, as a family, were there for the holiday, but also to celebrate my dad's life.  I feel sorry for you that you are unable to experience the kind of love we have as a family.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
5  1ofmany    6 years ago

Trump’s supporters have already stopped listening to anybody else and they revile Social Justice Warriors so it’s just a question of who turns out the most voters on Election Day. If you can make them mad enough with articles like this, then his supporters will turn out in droves and things will stay just like they are. 

96WS6
Junior Quiet
5.1  96WS6  replied to  1ofmany @5    6 years ago

Shhh! They are their own worst enemies and they still haven't wised up.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
5.2  Greg Jones  replied to  1ofmany @5    6 years ago

Sizable number of Democrats are switching parties because it appears the core of the Democrat party has gone all in on far left socialism and has abandoned the poor and middle class in this country.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
5.2.1  1ofmany  replied to  Greg Jones @5.2    6 years ago
Sizable number of Democrats are switching parties because it appears the core of the Democrat party has gone all in on far left socialism and has abandoned the poor and middle class in this country.

At his Montana rally, he called idiot Maxine Waters the new head of the Democratic Party. He’s using her to drive a wedge. Either Democrats rebuke her and start internal warfare or they support her (or say nothing) and let Trump wipe the floor with the Democrats. She’s too stupid to shut up so I think using her big mouth against Democrats is a smart move. 

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
5.2.2  Spikegary  replied to  1ofmany @5.2.1    6 years ago

I've asked this question several times over the past year.  Who are the Dems going to run in 2020?  President Obama started running for election a few weeks after being sworn in as a Senator.  there is a little over 2 years before the next election and there doesn't seem to be anyone running, except possibly Hillary, as she continues playing the Blame-o-tron media tour.  So is it going to be Hillary 3.0?  Bernie?  Who?  The Dems and the far left here seem to want someone besides President Trump.  So, it's past time to present the candidate(s) and tell us why we should vote for him/her/whomever.

As they keep playing this stupid game of calling people garbage and similar games, they will continue to lose elections.  You'd think theyd have learned from Hillary's HUGE blunder of calling people 'Deploreables'.

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.2.3  seeder  Dulay  replied to  Spikegary @5.2.2    6 years ago
As they keep playing this stupid game of calling people garbage and similar games, they will continue to lose elections.

What makes you think that name calling looses elections? The election of Trump clearly refutes that posit. 

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
5.2.4  1ofmany  replied to  Spikegary @5.2.2    6 years ago
So is it going to be Hillary 3.0?  Bernie?  Who?  The Dems and the far left here seem to want someone besides President Trump.  

They’re so stupid that I wouldn’t be surprised if they repeated the same mistake of running Hillary, expecting a different result. She’d catapult herself right into the side of a mountain and they’d waste their time blaming everybody but themselves. 

As they keep playing this stupid game of calling people garbage and similar games, they will continue to lose elections.  You'd think theyd have learned from Hillary's HUGE blunder of calling people 'Deploreables'.

No, they really don’t get it. They’re driving people to Trump and he’ll win exactly the same way he did before. I don’t want him as president but I can live with it if I get more conservative judges and border enforcement. Ginsberg and Breyer can’t stay on the Court forever so Trump can potentially get two more appointments. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.2.5  seeder  Dulay  replied to  1ofmany @5.2.4    6 years ago
I don’t want him as president but I can live with it if I get more conservative judges and border enforcement. Ginsberg and Breyer can’t stay on the Court forever so Trump can potentially get two more appointments.

So you make the SAME deal with the devil that the Trump supporters in the seed did. Cheers. 

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
5.2.6  1ofmany  replied to  Dulay @5.2.5    6 years ago
So you make the SAME deal with the devil that the Trump supporters in the seed did.

I prefer to see it as every cloud has a silver lining. I’m compelled to find a silver lining since Democrats insist on re-electing Trump. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.2.7  seeder  Dulay  replied to  1ofmany @5.2.6    6 years ago
I prefer to see it as every cloud has a silver lining.

That's obfuscation. Your 'silver lining' is just the scum floating on top of a cesspool.

I’m compelled to find a silver lining since Democrats insist on re-electing Trump.

Oh bullshit. Don't blame the Democrats for Trump. That's a fucking cop out. 

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
5.2.8  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Dulay @5.2.7    6 years ago
Don't blame the Democrats for Trump

trump would not have been possible without obamas bs, and the thought of hillarys future bs.

not to mention the 7 million obama voters who flipped and voted trump.

it does appear as if the left has made its own bed here. people are not buying it anymore.

the only real question is how long will the left use the same tactics against trump that got him elected in the first place?

hint: alinsky was a fool.

so how long until today's left abandons their rules for radicals?  my bet is round about 14yrs

cheers :)

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.2.9  seeder  Dulay  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @5.2.8    6 years ago
trump would not have been possible without obamas bs, and the thought of hillarys future bs.

Bullshit. 

not to mention the 7 million obama voters who flipped and voted trump.  https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/nov/28/jarrett-voters-flipped-trump-painful-think-about/ 

That bullshit has already been debunked long ago. Try to keep up.

it does appear as if the left has made its own bed here.

So I see you're one of those that think only the left is effected by Trump's agenda. 

people are not buying it anymore.

Buying WHAT? Please be specific. 

the only real question is how long will the left use the same tactics against trump that got him elected in the first place?

That statement shows a complete lack of curiosity.

hint: alinsky was a fool. so how long until today's left abandons their rules for radicals? my bet is round about 14yrs

It's disingenuous to infer that the left used 'radical rules' while ignoring the actual 'radicals' who influenced the 2016 election. 

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
5.2.10  Skrekk  replied to  Greg Jones @5.2    6 years ago

One or two is "sizable"?    Only in Breitbart land and the feverish dreams of wingnuts.    And it turns that that one of those two was a Russian bot anyway.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.2.11  XXJefferson51  replied to  Dulay @5.2.7    6 years ago

Really?  What about the 7 million democrats who voted for Obama 2x and then voted for Trump?  What about Hillary and the way she ran her campaign?  What about the DNC and all it’s scandals and lack of internet security?  Democrats can only blame themselves for Trump winning.  

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5.2.12  MrFrost  replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.2.11    6 years ago

Actually the people that voted for trump are to blame. Sad that you have no idea how our election process works.

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.2.13  seeder  Dulay  replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.2.11    6 years ago
What about the 7 million democrats who voted for Obama 2x and then voted for Trump?

Link proof of your fantasy HA. 

Perhaps you can explain where these '7 million democrats' went to since Clinton only received 62,781 less votes than Obama. 

Oh and BTFW, if '7 million democrats' voted for Trump, why did he still loose the popular vote by almost 3 million votes? 

Seriously, don't y'all ever get tired of shoveling bullshit? 

What about Hillary and the way she ran her campaign?

What about acknowledging that the GOP spent 10s of millions in taxpayer dollars to undermine Clinton's campaign? 

What about the DNC and all it’s scandals and lack of internet security?

What about the FACT that the RNC was hacked too but their data was never released by Wiki? 

Democrats can only blame themselves for Trump winning.

Then shouldn't y'all be PRAISING Democrats rather than 'blaming' them? 

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
5.2.14  Spikegary  replied to  Dulay @5.2.3    6 years ago

Loses.  Do you really think Hillary got a boost from calling people that didn't agree with her 'Deploreables'?

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
5.2.15  Spikegary  replied to  Dulay @5.2.5    6 years ago

And the deal the Dems made with the devil to get Hillary the nomination......it's the lesser of evils in politics these days, though I'm sure no one can agree whcih is the lesser of the two evils.

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.2.16  seeder  Dulay  replied to  Spikegary @5.2.14    6 years ago
Do you really think Hillary got a boost from calling people that didn't agree with her 'Deploreables'?

Deflective false equivalency. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.2.17  seeder  Dulay  replied to  Spikegary @5.2.15    6 years ago
And the deal the Dems made with the devil to get Hillary the nomination...…

It's always revealing to see conservatives rinse and repeat the same bullshit ad nauseam. 

it's the lesser of evils in politics these days, though

There weren't two evils in the last election, the evil won. 

I'm sure no one can agree whcih is the lesser of the two evils.

I'm sure that all too many are too ashamed to admit they knew he was evil when they voted for him. 

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
5.2.18  Spikegary  replied to  Dulay @5.2.3    6 years ago

Oh bullshit.  More of your inability to see outside your self imposed blinders.  But keep calling people names, and we'll see how that helps your side with elections.

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.2.19  seeder  Dulay  replied to  Spikegary @5.2.18    6 years ago
But keep calling people names, and we'll see how that helps your side with elections.

WTF names are you talking about. Are you devolving to pure fabrication now? 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
5.3  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  1ofmany @5    6 years ago
Trump’s supporters have already stopped listening to anybody else

I think you mistake their inability to understand basic sentence structures and words with more than two syllables as "stopping listening".

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.3.1  Tessylo  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @5.3    6 years ago
'I think you mistake their inability to understand basic sentence structures and words with more than two syllables as "stopping listening".'

Their dear leader cannot speak in words of over two syllables.  His 'rallies' are non stop ranting and incoherent gibberish.  

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.3.2  devangelical  replied to  Tessylo @5.3.1    6 years ago

Campaign speeches full of dog whistle and bumper sticker clichés. Wonder who he stole that from. (hint) unemployed family values icon with a meth head wife beater son and husband churning hypocrite daughter.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
5.3.3  1ofmany  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @5.3    6 years ago
I think you mistake their inability to understand basic sentence structures and words with more than two syllables as "stopping listening".

Calling people garbage and stupid will repel them rather than draw them to your side. Not exactly a winning strategy as shown in the last election. Even people who might otherwise listen will turn a deaf ear when you refer to their mother, and others close to them, as garbage. Trump will happily take everyone you blew off and run the table in the electoral system as he did before. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.3.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  devangelical @5.3.2    6 years ago

Sarah Palin?

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.3.5  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.3.4    6 years ago

None other. Do you ever wonder why she never got a real job in trump's administration?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.3.6  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @5.3.2    6 years ago

The Hillbilly from Wasilla?  If that dumb bitch made it to VP - there would have been drunken brawls on the now white trash house lawn.  With her how many times knocked up out of wedlock daughter who preached abstinence?

laughing dude 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.3.7  Tessylo  replied to  1ofmany @5.3.3    6 years ago
'Calling people garbage and stupid will repel them rather than draw them to your side.'

Well all the stupid and garbage people will vote for the rump anyway so what difference does it make?  Those who support the rump repel me anyway - as in they are quite repellent.  

Like we want them on our side?  crazy

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
5.3.8  livefreeordie  replied to  1ofmany @5.3.3    6 years ago

[deleted]

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
5.3.9  livefreeordie  replied to  Tessylo @5.3.7    6 years ago

[deleted]

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.3.10  Trout Giggles  replied to  devangelical @5.3.5    6 years ago
a real job in trump's administration?

She just couldn't nail that blow job requirement?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.3.11  Trout Giggles  replied to  livefreeordie @5.3.9    6 years ago

Are you calling us cancer?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.3.12  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.3.11    6 years ago

He's such a fine 'pastor' isn't he?  Where's the puke emoticon when you need it?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.3.13  Tessylo  replied to  livefreeordie @5.3.9    6 years ago

Like I said - why would we want the likes of you on our side?

crazy

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.3.14  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @5.3.12    6 years ago

He reminds me of that preacher who took advantage of my grandmother and practically took all of her worldly goods. Grandma was suffering from a type of depression and went batshit crazy with the religion. She finally got help but by then the damage had been done

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
5.3.15  livefreeordie  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.3.11    6 years ago

Deleted

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.3.16  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.3.10    6 years ago

Too chatty in the limo and no good naked, even after trump paid for the pizza. Her own husband would rather ride a snowmobile.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
5.3.17  livefreeordie  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.3.14    6 years ago

As usual you have no idea what you are talking about, either me or our ministry

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.3.18  Trout Giggles  replied to  livefreeordie @5.3.15    6 years ago

(Deleted)

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.3.19  Trout Giggles  replied to  livefreeordie @5.3.17    6 years ago

(Deleted)

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.3.20  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.3.14    6 years ago
'He reminds me of that preacher who took advantage of my grandmother and practically took all of her worldly goods. Grandma was suffering from a type of depression and went batshit crazy with the religion. She finally got help but by then the damage had been done'

What a shame.  What a 'man' huh?  Prey on the weak and elderly.  Shameful.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.3.21  XXJefferson51  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.3.11    6 years ago

To that ideology in general but not to all within it, that would b a generous term.   

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.3.22  Trout Giggles  replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.3.21    6 years ago

I think you need a donut, too

bugsy
Professor Participates
5.3.23  bugsy  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.3.11    6 years ago

Let's see if I get this right. This seed calls Trump supporters uneducated white garbage and you say nothing about it....except YAY!!!, but when someone refers to liberals as cancer you get all pissy. Why is no one surprised???

I would not refer the actual liberal as cancer, but the ideology of liberalism is cancer and needs to be wiped out. It is a serious danger to this country.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.3.24  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.3.18    6 years ago

Removed for context

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
5.3.25  lennylynx  replied to  Tessylo @5.3.6    6 years ago

Easy on Sarah, she may be dumb as a bag of hammers, but she does have a nice ass!  Happy

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
5.3.26  1ofmany  replied to  Tessylo @5.3.7    6 years ago
Like we want them on our side?  

Then lose.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.3.27  Tessylo  replied to  1ofmany @5.3.26    6 years ago

We'll see what happens 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.3.28  XXJefferson51  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.3.18    6 years ago

Deleted

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
5.3.29  lennylynx  replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.3.28    6 years ago

There's still donuts?

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
5.3.30  Raven Wing  replied to  1ofmany @5.3.26    6 years ago
Then lose.

Not likely. At the rate Trump is raping the country and its people with his Tariffs and alienating our much needed allies while climbing in bed with our enemies and selling our country down the tubes, this first term in office will be his last.

People will be stupid and gullible only so much before they say "ENOUGH!" At that time is coming sooner than he, or you, thinks. Whether or not they will vote for another Republican is yet to be seen, and if they pick a good one that could be fine. But, you can bet it won't be Trump.

Even now, many of the people who voted for him are having 'buyers remorse' when they see just how much he is costing them with his Tariffs. Whatever bit of relief they may have realized with the tax cuts, which are laughably minimal, they will lose 10 times that much due to the Tariffs. 

The truth is....NO ONE wins in a war. Especially, not the average people.

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.3.31  seeder  Dulay  replied to  lennylynx @5.3.29    6 years ago

I only have mini crullers left but I can hit the gas station if we run out...

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
5.3.32  bbl-1  replied to  devangelical @5.3.5    6 years ago

I know.  But I'm not telling.

epistte
Junior Guide
5.3.33  epistte  replied to  Tessylo @5.3.12    6 years ago
Where's the puke emoticon when you need it?

Can't you feel the unconditional love that flows through LFOD?  

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
5.3.34  Spikegary  replied to  Tessylo @5.3.7    6 years ago

Better do something, or that whole electoral college thing will bite you in the ass again.

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
5.3.35  1ofmany  replied to  Raven Wing @5.3.30    6 years ago
People will be stupid and gullible only so much before they say "ENOUGH!" At that time is coming sooner than he, or you, thinks. Whether or not they will vote for another Republican is yet to be seen, and if they pick a good one that could be fine. But, you can bet it won't be Trump.

I think it will be Trump. Democrats spend their time talking exclusively to their own base and insulting Trump’s. Although I agree that Trump is a boob when it comes to international affairs, that won’t matter to his base if they’re not actually feeling any pain. Democrats will drive people to Trump with insults, political correctness, Maxine Waters, calls to abolish ICE, transgenderism etc and Trump can win exactly the same way he did before. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.3.36  Trout Giggles  replied to  bugsy @5.3.23    6 years ago

Please show me where I said, "YAY"

I bet you a donut that you can't

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.3.37  seeder  Dulay  replied to  1ofmany @5.3.35    6 years ago
I think it will be Trump. Democrats spend their time talking exclusively to their own base and insulting Trump’s.

Again, bullshit. Since it isn't true here, why do you believe it's true anywhere else? 

Although I agree that Trump is a boob when it comes to international affairs, that won’t matter to his base if they’re not actually feeling any pain.

In short, you admit that they are insular, short sighted and uninterested in anything that doesn't directly effect them. 

Democrats will drive people to Trump with insults, political correctness, Maxine Waters, calls to abolish ICE, transgenderism etc and Trump can win exactly the same way he did before.

That's contradictory. 

If you decry 'insults' then you are FOR PC. If you decry PC than you have to accept that what is said can and will be insulting. PICK ONE. 

Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו
Junior Participates
5.3.38  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  1ofmany @5.3.3    6 years ago
Calling people garbage and stupid will repel them rather than draw them to your side.

You seem to labor under the illusion that the garbage can be convinced to stop being garbage.  I'm referring to the garbage white supremacist nazis who will never abandon him and who would not be welcome in the Dem party in any case.  That scum makes up the vast majority of the people who show up at his rallies. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.4  seeder  Dulay  replied to  1ofmany @5    6 years ago
Trump’s supporters have already stopped listening to anybody else and they revile Social Justice Warriors so it’s just a question of who turns out the most voters on Election Day. If you can make them mad enough with articles like this, then his supporters will turn out in droves and things will stay just like they are.

If as you say, 'Trump supporters have already stopped listening to anybody else' WHY would they give a shit what 'articles like this' have to say? Hmmmm? 

Ironically, I actually agree with you about Trump supporters not listening to anyone else but Trump. They are willfully obtuse and proud of it. They lap up Trump's lies like dogs eating their own puck. 

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
5.4.1  1ofmany  replied to  Dulay @5.4    6 years ago
If as you say, 'Trump supporters have already stopped listening to anybody else' WHY would they give a shit what 'articles like this' have to say? Hmmmm

They'll hear the insult and ignore the reason. If I start off telling someone that he’s an ignorant jackass and then tell him why I think it, odds are that he stopped listening after the insult and will cut me off with an insult of his own. Any opportunity for intelligent discourse is lost. We’ll retreat to opposite corners of the ring and next time just come out swinging. 

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
5.4.2  livefreeordie  replied to  Dulay @5.4    6 years ago

We don’t care. It’s just fun to come and engage leftists

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.4.3  Tessylo  replied to  livefreeordie @5.4.2    6 years ago
'We don’t care. It’s just fun to come and engage leftists'

Engage leftists?  laughing dude

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.4.4  devangelical  replied to  livefreeordie @5.4.2    6 years ago

The fun's just started.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
5.4.5  livefreeordie  replied to  Tessylo @5.4.3    6 years ago

(Deleted)

engage ( third-person singular simple present engages , present participle engaging , simple past and past participle engaged )

1. ( heading , transitive ) To interact socially.
    1. To engross or hold the attention of; to keep busy or occupied.
    2. To draw into conversation
  2. ( heading ) To interact antagonistically.
    1. ( transitive ) To enter into conflict with (an enemy ).
    2. ( intransitive ) To enter into battle .

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
5.4.6  livefreeordie  replied to  devangelical @5.4.4    6 years ago

I agree.we conservatives will not be satisfied until the cancer of anti-American leftist ideology no longer holds any power in this country

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.4.7  Tessylo  replied to  livefreeordie @5.4.5    6 years ago

You don't 'engage' you just disparage and demonize the left.  I'm very good when it comes to English 'pastor'.  I don't need you to copy and paste definitions for me.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.4.8  XXJefferson51  replied to  Tessylo @5.4.3    6 years ago

Enraging them is good too....Gigglela de da

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.4.9  seeder  Dulay  replied to  1ofmany @5.4.1    6 years ago
They'll hear the insult and ignore the reason.

So they HAVEN'T stop listening. Glad you cleared that up. 

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
5.4.10  lennylynx  replied to  XXJefferson51 @5.4.8    6 years ago

Which is exactly why your side makes disingenuous arguments, to incite anger.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
5.4.11  Raven Wing  replied to  lennylynx @5.4.10    6 years ago
to incite anger.

I have to agree. Although there are many here how do just that, not all in the right are unwilling to debate the important issues instead of doing nothing but inciting hate and verbal warfare. And we all know who those people are. The speak loud and clear who they are.

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
5.4.12  lennylynx  replied to  Raven Wing @5.4.11    6 years ago

Well, to tell you the truth, I couldn't understand anyone voting Republican even before Trump.  They have not been a viable choice since the corporate puppet Reagan started all the deregulation in my opinion.  But supporting Trump is beyond ANY reasonable understanding.  It's bizarre, insane, frightening...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.4.13  Texan1211  replied to  livefreeordie @5.4.5    6 years ago

Probably need to type slower for some on here.

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.4.14  seeder  Dulay  replied to  lennylynx @5.4.10    6 years ago
Which is exactly why your side makes disingenuous arguments, to incite anger.

What incites true anger is when you debunk their bullshit. Oh man do they get pissed...

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
5.4.15  Raven Wing  replied to  Dulay @5.4.14    6 years ago
What incites true anger is when you debunk their bullshit.

True. And yet...they make it so easy to do. Face Palm

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
5.4.16  Raven Wing  replied to  lennylynx @5.4.12    6 years ago
It's bizarre, insane, frightening...

Insane is the key word. What he is doing to our country and its people with his tariffs and alienation of our allies is beyond mentally sound, and will truly hurt our country and its people. And even his rich cronies will feel the pinch where it really hurts in the long run. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.4.17  Texan1211  replied to  livefreeordie @5.4.5    6 years ago

Clappinglaughing dude

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
5.4.18  Spikegary  replied to  Dulay @5.4    6 years ago
Ironically, I actually agree with you about Trump supporters not listening to anyone else but Trump. They are willfully obtuse and proud of it. They lap up Trump's lies like dogs eating their own puck. 

Ironically, the same can be said for the left-they listen to nothing else but left created propaganda.  You think the left can win an election?  They cannot.  There is a huge swath in the middle that you need to sway to your side of thought, and calling them names because they don't march in lock-step with you is a mistake.  The politics of extremes doesn't work for me and for many others.

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.4.19  seeder  Dulay  replied to  Spikegary @5.4.18    6 years ago
Ironically, the same can be said for the left-they listen to nothing else but left created propaganda.

Really? What is the source of this 'left created propaganda' you speak of? I read my local newspaper and watch local evening news. As a member here, I read more RW propaganda then most or my conservative friends. 

You think the left can win an election? They cannot.

What brought you to this conclusion? 

There is a huge swath in the middle that you need to sway to your side of thought, and calling them names because they don't march in lock-step with you is a mistake.

The Trump supporters from the article aren't part of the 'huge swath in the middle' and IMHO it isn't worth the effort to try to 'sway' them in any way. They have to swim in hypocrisy to justify their support for Trump's agenda, they're lost and need to crawl their own way out. 

The politics of extremes doesn't work for me and for many others.

Starting in 2008 the GOP has been purging moderates from their roster. Only the most radical hard right candidates need apply. They elected 'government sucks' candidates and created a self fulfilling prophecy and as a result are incapable of governing. 

Then in 2016 the GOP elected THE most extreme candidate on their roster.

So y''all went radically to the right AGAIN, then insist that the way to the 'middle' is for the center left is to go to the center right and the actual 'left' are labeled as anarchists. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.4.20  Trout Giggles  replied to  Spikegary @5.4.18    6 years ago

Do you think trump calling people names is working?

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
5.4.21  Dean Moriarty  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.4.20    6 years ago

Yes that’s how he won the nomination. That low energy Jeb comment was a death blow to his campaign. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.4.22  seeder  Dulay  replied to  Dean Moriarty @5.4.21    6 years ago
Yes that’s how he won the nomination. That low energy Jeb comment was a death blow to his campaign.

So, since it's 'all about winning' that would infer that the Democrats should let it fly. 

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
5.4.23  Spikegary  replied to  Dulay @5.4.19    6 years ago

You are so far left that the middle looks like the 'right' to you. Until you cure that, you will not be able to see anything in a rational manner.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
5.4.24  Spikegary  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.4.20    6 years ago

No, I think it's a poor example from the leader of our country.  But for the other side to say, well he did it so we can (especially here) is juvenile and convinces no one of anything.  It also didn't deter Hillary from calling people names during one of her insular campaign stops.  Did it benefit her?

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.4.25  seeder  Dulay  replied to  Spikegary @5.4.24    6 years ago
No, I think it's a poor example from the leader of our country.

Yet his whole campaign was filled with name calling and his fans lapped it up.

But for the other side to say, well he did it so we can (especially here) is juvenile and convinces no one of anything.

A member just stated that was how he got elected. Even today, when asked to comment, the GOP leadership pretend that it's just 'Trump being Trump' while refusing to address the underlying effect it has on the country. 

It also didn't deter Hillary from calling people names during one of her insular campaign stops. Did it benefit her?

AGAIN with the false equivalencies. Clinton made ONE nuanced statement that could be viewed as negative about SOME of Trump's fans and y'all want to pretend that it's a game changer. This, after Trump spent years on his 'birtherism' campaign and STARTED his Presidential campaign calling Mexicans drug dealers and rapist and all Muslims terrorists. That was just the start of his vitriol, it hasn't stopped to this day, in fact if possible, it's gotten worse because now he's speaking from the WH. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.4.26  seeder  Dulay  replied to  Spikegary @5.4.23    6 years ago
You are so far left that the middle looks like the 'right' to you.

Spike if you think I'm 'far left' you must not know anyone who actually is. 

Until you cure that, you will not be able to see anything in a rational manner.

One thing I see rationally right now is that you didn't answer my question or provide any links to support your statement. You quickly devolved to personal assassination. It's all you've got.

I see just about everything pretty fucking rationally Spike. That's what pisses y'all off.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
5.5  Skrekk  replied to  1ofmany @5    6 years ago
Trump’s supporters have already stopped listening to anybody else and they revile Social Justice Warriors

I'm not at all surprised that Trump and his supporters oppose social justice.    They're the kind of folks who call 911 whenever they see a black person.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.5.1  Tessylo  replied to  Skrekk @5.5    6 years ago

'I'm not at all surprised that Trump and his supporters oppose social justice.    They're the kind of folks who call 911 whenever they see a black person.'

Did you see the one with that ignorant bitch who called the police on a little 8 year old girl selling bottles of water then hid behind the wall when the mom saw her?  Such brave bullies aren't these racist assholes?

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
5.5.2  Skrekk  replied to  Tessylo @5.5.1    6 years ago

Amazing isn't it?   These days I'm very glad I'm a white guy and never had to experience any of that crap, at least not here in the US.    And I've never had to worry about the cops shooting me for no reason.

My very Swedish-looking niece is about to do a year long trip through SE Asia on her own so she'll be getting the other side of the monoculture experience.   But she's done enough traveling in other regions to keep perspective and have a sense of humor about it, plus she's making a real effort to learn some of the languages where she'll be staying the longest.

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.5.3  seeder  Dulay  replied to  Skrekk @5.5.2    6 years ago

Asian men LOVE white women. At least my Filipino Grampa did...

1ofmany
Sophomore Silent
5.5.4  1ofmany  replied to  Skrekk @5.5    6 years ago
I'm not at all surprised that Trump and his supporters oppose social justice.

I wasn’t referring to “social justice” but rather the insufferable virtue signaling nitwits who think anyone who disagrees with them is an “ist or a “phobe.”

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
5.5.5  Skrekk  replied to  1ofmany @5.5.4    6 years ago
I wasn’t referring to “social justice” but rather the insufferable virtue signaling nitwits who think anyone who disagrees with them is an “ist or a “phobe.”

(Deleted)

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
5.5.6  Skrekk  replied to  Dulay @5.5.3    6 years ago
Asian men LOVE white women. At least my Filipino Grampa did...

I'm generally the same way with Asian women, especially Filipinas.   And I can guarantee that my niece will be very popular on her trip - she could be part of the Swedish bikini team.

Dulay
Professor Expert
5.5.7  seeder  Dulay  replied to  Skrekk @5.5.6    6 years ago
And I can guarantee that my niece will be very popular on her trip - she could be part of the Swedish bikini team.

Just imagine the sight of my 5'9" Henna haired grandmother landing @ the port of Manila with her little brown kids in the 40's after the war. She was a BIG hit in Pangasinan. Gramma wasn't much for monogamy...  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.5.8  Texan1211  replied to  Skrekk @5.5.6    6 years ago

gee, weren't you one of those folks who made derogatory comments about Trump and his daughter for making similar remarks?

Kavika
Professor Principal
5.5.9  Kavika   replied to  Skrekk @5.5.6    6 years ago

Tell her to be sure that she spends some time in northern Thailand, around Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai...The indigenous people there are the Ahka and Karen. Beautiful people and the area is stunning. 

I spend a couple of months living with the Ahka and had a ball. Of course we're both indigenous....LOL

Chiang Mai is called the ''Rose of the North''..and it really is. She can take a long tail boat from Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai on the Kok river...Great trip, wild country and it's part of the ''Golden Triangle''...It can be a bit dicey from time to time.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
6  Ronin2    6 years ago

Wow, I am sure this will convince Trump supporters; or anyone that didn't vote for the unconvicted Establishment criminal Hillary Clinton, to come running to the next Democratic nominee for POTUS.

Still haven't figured out that the you supported a candidate that lost to Trump.  That was more toxic than Trump.  That ran a stupid campaign for the second time; just to prove the first time was no fluke. That ignored fly over country so she could increased her war chest for the next run (to defend her presidency in 4 years in her mind) by fund raising on the leftist coasts?  Please, run her again.  Prove to the world the Democratic Party is thrice stupid.  But who else have the Democrats got?  They should be cuing up for the chance to run against Trump.  It should be an easy victory after all.

I didn't vote for Trump or Hillary.  We got exactly what we deserved with two of the most corrupt toxic pieces of shit to ever run for POTUS under the major parties.  Pull the R or D lever- it really didn't matter.  I am only disappointed that Trump hasn't done more to enrich himself so far from being President. Someone should tell him to get with the program.  Considering the head start he had over the Clintons and Obamas entering office he should be the richest man on the planet when he leaves.  They wrote the book for him to follow.  What is he George Bush; to stupid to follow the blue prints his predecessors laid out so clearly for him? I was hoping some real reforms in government would come about no matter which piece of trash was elected; but it seams that politicians are too busy suckling lobbyists, corporations, and PACs tits to do more than bluster.  The Democrats are just pissed of it is not their piece of shit in the White House.

96WS6
Junior Quiet
6.1  96WS6  replied to  Ronin2 @6    6 years ago

Shhh! see 5.1

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2  Tessylo  replied to  Ronin2 @6    6 years ago

I highly doubt Hillary would run again and be up against the same deplorables as before.  

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
6.2.1  Ronin2  replied to  Tessylo @6.2    6 years ago

You mean she is going to attempt to breed a whole different set of "deploreables"? Like she didn't alienate enough people the first time around?  That will take some doing; but I am sure she is up to it.

If it is Hillary and Trump again I will find the 3rd party candidate that is closest to my views again.

GregTx
PhD Guide
8  GregTx    6 years ago

devangelical
Professor Principal
8.1  devangelical  replied to  GregTx @8    6 years ago

Sounds like music more suitable for having sex with a blood relative at the next family reunion.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @8.1    6 years ago
'Sounds like music more suitable for having sex with a blood relative at the next family reunion.'

Where they all go to meet their future sister-mommy-wife

devangelical
Professor Principal
8.1.2  devangelical  replied to  Tessylo @8.1.1    6 years ago

The Dixie mixer.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
8.1.3  livefreeordie  replied to  Tessylo @8.1.1    6 years ago

[deleted]

devangelical
Professor Principal
8.1.4  devangelical  replied to  livefreeordie @8.1.3    6 years ago

biblical sex = incest and pedophilia

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.5  Tessylo  replied to  livefreeordie @8.1.3    6 years ago

Keep your dirty fantasies to yourself there  'pastor'

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
8.1.6  livefreeordie  replied to  Tessylo @8.1.5    6 years ago

I have no such fantasies since I have the most wonderful wife possible. Nor would I desire such filth

i leave those to the Godless in their love of the mud of sin

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
8.1.7  XXJefferson51  replied to  devangelical @8.1.2    6 years ago

Deleted

devangelical
Professor Principal
8.1.8  devangelical  replied to  livefreeordie @8.1.6    6 years ago

" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer noopener"> blah blah blah

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.9  Texan1211  replied to  livefreeordie @8.1.6    6 years ago

Clapping

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
8.1.10  Spikegary  replied to  devangelical @8.1    6 years ago

I'll have to take your expert, experienced word on that.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
9  Bob Nelson    6 years ago

The article says

The author goes through some trouble and many paragraphs to explain this phenomenon of Trump support despite Trump’s grotesque family-values-averse behaviors via a mix of sociology and class, because we are not allowed to point out that these people are simply dishonest bullshitters.

"Bullshitters" is much too kind. Trump’s popularity has one single basis among the Tea Partiers: he promises to keep "those people" in their place.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
9.1  livefreeordie  replied to  Bob Nelson @9    6 years ago

deleted

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  livefreeordie @9.1    6 years ago

Deleted

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
9.1.2  livefreeordie  replied to  Tessylo @9.1.1    6 years ago

I’ve never met anyone who was inbred. I’m sure they exist. But at age 70 I’ve never met one.

no I don’t tell them who to vote for. But I do tell them whom I’m voting for and why.

my vote is of little help to them if they vote Democrat or Republican since I vote 3rd party.

devangelical
Professor Principal
9.1.3  devangelical  replied to  livefreeordie @9.1.2    6 years ago
I’ve never met anyone who was inbred

...just read a lot about them in the bible.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
10  Texan1211    6 years ago

Just gotta love it when the same people who lost the last Presidential election learn absolutely nothing

[deleted]

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
11  The Magic 8 Ball    6 years ago
The author goes through some trouble and many paragraphs to explain this phenomenon

because? truth requires few words and bullschit requires a lot more than that.

cheers :)

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1  Texan1211  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @11    6 years ago

Well, it takes lots of word to justify their abhorrent behavior.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
11.1.1  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1    6 years ago

Indeed.  Well said.  Thumbs Up 2

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
11.2  Raven Wing  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @11    6 years ago
because? truth requires few words and bullschit requires a lot more than that.

Indeed. You took the words right out of my mouth. That is obviously why Trump tells and tweets so many lies and spews so much BS. 

Dulay
Professor Expert
12  seeder  Dulay    6 years ago

Hasta manana

luther28
Sophomore Silent
13  luther28    6 years ago

Though I may agree that Mr. Trump as a human being may fall into this particular description, it is a tad extreme to classify his supporters in total as such.

Under informed, mesmerized, and perhaps other denigrating things but garbage really?

At the present rate of decline, it is doubtful the Country can be mended.

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
13.1  lennylynx  replied to  luther28 @13    6 years ago

We can't even begin to mend until we remove the trash from the White House.

luther28
Sophomore Silent
13.1.1  luther28  replied to  lennylynx @13.1    6 years ago

Going to need a big dump truck Lenny.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
13.1.2  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  lennylynx @13.1    6 years ago
We can't even begin to mend until we remove the trash from the White House.

we cleaned out the white house with trumps election and now all the leftwing bs is in the trash.

there is no comeback on the schedule for the left.

maybe in about 20yrs the dnc will put our country first again and you can start to mend.

enjoy :)

Dulay
Professor Expert
13.2  seeder  Dulay  replied to  luther28 @13    6 years ago
it is a tad extreme to classify his supporters in total as such.

Nowhere near as 'extreme' as the vitriol coming out of Trump's own mouth. 

It's just honky dory for Trump and his minions to name call and demean everyone that isn't his base, it's accepted as part of the shtick by their fans. They say, 'Oh don't take that seriously, he's just playing to the crowd'. Trump stands in front of this adoring sycophants and yucks it up about how 'Presidential' he's acting at the moment. 

The right decries 'PC' and then is an uproar over a lack thereof. 

The hypocrisy is breathtaking. 

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
14  Cerenkov    6 years ago

Some people are clearly incapable of learning.