S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

MLB suspends Papa Slam promotion with Papa John's after founder's racial slur

Mike Oz, Yahoo Sports   10 hours ago  

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    6 years ago

He's such a dumb ignorant and also racist fuck.  

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tessylo @1    6 years ago

His pizza sucks also.  I tried one once and had gas for a week.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.1.1  MrFrost  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1    6 years ago

Gas for a week? Hows that a bad thing? But then most men think farting should be an olympic sport.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1    6 years ago

Years ago, I was about to order from Papa John's but then I heard all his nonsense about health care and not paying his employees a decent wage, then I decided, nope, nada, not gonna!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.3  JohnRussell  replied to  Tessylo @1.1.2    6 years ago

There are frozen pizzas that are more worthwhile than Papa John's. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1    6 years ago

It is pretty bad. And they charge an arm and a leg for delivery

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.5  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.3    6 years ago

Love your new avatar!

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1.6  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  MrFrost @1.1.1    6 years ago

laughing dude

epistte
Junior Guide
1.1.7  epistte  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.3    6 years ago
There are frozen pizzas that are more worthwhile than Papa John's.

I had Papa Johns when it first came to the college town where I lived in 1991. It sucked and I never went back. Pizza is relatively easy to make at home.   

I'm surprised that he isn't running for office as a Republican.  He could Make America White Again

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.8  Trout Giggles  replied to  epistte @1.1.7    6 years ago
Pizza is relatively easy to make at home.

It really is. We like to use the Pillsbury pizza dough since neither of us is very good at making bread or any other kind of dough.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.1.9  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1    6 years ago
I tried one once and had gas for a week.

Well, at least you didn't have to buy any for your car. Winking 2

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
1.1.10  Spikegary  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.8    6 years ago

I made some last night......I used the Pillsbury crust, but infused some garlic into the crust.

And I'm glad he's out.  There is no room for insulting people in the business world.  None.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.11  Trout Giggles  replied to  Spikegary @1.1.10    6 years ago
but infused some garlic into the crust.

that sounds good. I know I'm going off-topic here, but I bought some cloves of garlic that we are going to dry out and use in our own Italian seasoning mix. Next time we make pizza, I want to try that

96WS6
Junior Quiet
1.1.12  96WS6  replied to  epistte @1.1.7    6 years ago

He donates to both parties.  Not as if that fact would matter any LMAO!

epistte
Junior Guide
1.1.13  epistte  replied to  96WS6 @1.1.12    6 years ago

Schnatter's donations to the GOP are very lopsided, especially in the past 10 years.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2  devangelical  replied to  Tessylo @1    6 years ago

Papa John's, the official pizza of the kkk.

LynneA
Freshman Silent
1.2.1  LynneA  replied to  devangelical @1.2    6 years ago

Yep...those white sauce pizza eaters!! 

Horrible pizza with an equally horrible CEO.  Happy to see him go!

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
1.2.2  Skrekk  replied to  devangelical @1.2    6 years ago
Papa John's, the official pizza of the kkk.

And the official pizza of unemployed KKK members as of today...... Schnatter has resigned.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.2.3  devangelical  replied to  Skrekk @1.2.2    6 years ago

A class action lawsuit by his franchisees is the next logical step.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.4  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @1.2.3    6 years ago
'A class action lawsuit by his franchisees is the next logical step.'

Great idea.  That's a good way to strip him of a lot of his money!  Since he's really fucked up the brand for all those franchisees.

You're brilliant devangelical, brilliant I tell ya!

lady in black
Professor Quiet
2  lady in black    6 years ago

Never had their pizza and never wanted to.  Too many great local pizzerias in WNY to go to.

He is another scum sucking asshole.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
2.1  Spikegary  replied to  lady in black @2    6 years ago
Too many great local pizzerias in WNY to go to.

Good Guys on your list?  I go there's when in N.T.  Buzzy's and La Hacienda in the falls, Tony's in Sanborn is good (they do a nice pizza sub), Chop's in Gasport (near where I live).....the list goes on and on........

lady in black
Professor Quiet
2.1.1  lady in black  replied to  Spikegary @2.1    6 years ago

Good guys in my travels.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
2.1.2  Spikegary  replied to  lady in black @2.1.1    6 years ago

I'm always amazed to see Pizza Hut and Dominoes clawing to their existence here.  I have no idea who eats there........

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     6 years ago

The racist incident that spurred this was brought to light by Forbes, which reported on a May PR training session involving Schnatter. According to Forbes , Schnatter tried to downplay his past controversies by saying that  Colonel Sanders — the founder of KFC — called black people the N-word.

In a PR training session, how stupid can he get...

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
3.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Kavika @3    6 years ago

In a PR training session, how stupid can he get...

That's the best part of the story.  It's so Trumpster.

epistte
Junior Guide
3.2  epistte  replied to  Kavika @3    6 years ago
Colonel Sanders — the founder of KFC — called black people the N-word.

He is trying to defend himself by claiming that others are just as racist as he is, so he did nothing wrong. 

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
3.2.1  Dean Moriarty  replied to  epistte @3.2    6 years ago

I don’t think he did anything wrong. We should not be trying to ban words. We should be supporting his freedom of speech. 

epistte
Junior Guide
3.2.2  epistte  replied to  Dean Moriarty @3.2.1    6 years ago
I don’t think he did anything wrong. We should not be trying to ban words. We should be supporting his freedom of speech.

Nobody said anything about banning words and he wasn't arrested or fined for his words.

Why should we tolerate racism? 

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
3.2.3  Dean Moriarty  replied to  epistte @3.2.2    6 years ago

Because it’s not illegal. And there is no indication he was claiming one race is superior to another. 

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3.2.4  bbl-1  replied to  Dean Moriarty @3.2.1    6 years ago

Nobody is banning words.  Some however, are spending their money elsewhere.  Including me.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3.2.5  bbl-1  replied to  Dean Moriarty @3.2.3    6 years ago

Well!  For a period of time Auschwitz, Treblinka, Sobador and Dachau weren't 'technically illegal' either.

I guess it all depends where the heart is, right? 

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
3.2.6  lennylynx  replied to  Dean Moriarty @3.2.3    6 years ago

The 'n' word isn't banned, Dean, anyone can use it anytime they like.  Some people aren't going to want to have anything to do with you if you do is all, and that's their right too.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
3.2.7  MrFrost  replied to  Dean Moriarty @3.2.3    6 years ago
Because it’s not illegal.

So that makes it ok? Really? You have got to be kidding me. 

JBB
Professor Principal
3.2.8  JBB  replied to  Dean Moriarty @3.2.3    6 years ago
Because it’s not illegal.

When your name and your face represent a publicly owned corporation standards are higher...

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.2.9  Skrekk  replied to  Dean Moriarty @3.2.1    6 years ago

Looks like the company doesn't share your views since Schnatter has resigned.    Apparently they don't want to be associated with really dumb bigots.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.2.11  Trout Giggles  replied to  epistte @3.2    6 years ago

Colonel Sanders is dead, isn't he?

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
3.2.12  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Dean Moriarty @3.2.1    6 years ago
I don’t think he did anything wrong.

There is the rub, most people who support Trump don't think he did anything wrong. Truly sad.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.2.13  Skrekk  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @3.2.12    6 years ago
most people who support Trump don't think he did anything wrong.

I like how our Racist-in-Chief expressed his inner xenophobe in his interview with the UK Sun in this segment regarding immigration:

"I think it's changing the culture, it's a very negative thing for Europe. I know it's politically not necessarily correct to say that, but I'll say it and I'll say it loud," he said. "I do not think it's good for Europe, and I don't think it's good for our country."

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.2.14  Trout Giggles  replied to  Skrekk @3.2.13    6 years ago

He really hates Muslims, doesn't he?

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
3.2.15  Dean Moriarty  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.2.14    6 years ago

He's right it is not good for Europe and the place is turning into a real craphole. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.2.16  Trout Giggles  replied to  Dean Moriarty @3.2.15    6 years ago

So you've been to Europe in the last couple of years and seen for yourself?

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.2.17  Skrekk  replied to  Dean Moriarty @3.2.15    6 years ago
the place is turning into a real craphole.

Especially when they can't even keep a hate-monger like the orange Fuhrer out.

But at least that's one think Brits can agree on.....they universally despise Trump.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
3.2.18  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.2.14    6 years ago

He hates everyone who isn't white.

user image
Freshman Silent
3.2.19    replied to  Kathleen @3.2.10    6 years ago
It's a ugly word, I have never used it.

liar

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2.21  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Skrekk @3.2.17    6 years ago
'But at least that's one think Brits can agree on.....they universally despise Trump.
https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/trump-s-u-k-visit-sparked-protests-because-he-s-ncna891061'

According to someone on another thread here, they're saying 'Ignore the Protesters, the British really love Rump'

laughing dude

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4  seeder  Tessylo    6 years ago

I hope this loses him lots of business like the NFL players kneeling supposedly lost him lots of business  Dumb ass.  

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Tessylo @4    6 years ago

This pos is worth 1 billion dollars.  He should take his money and just go away.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
4.2  Split Personality  replied to  Tessylo @4    6 years ago

He resigned from Papa Johns completely.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.2.1  MrFrost  replied to  Split Personality @4.2    6 years ago

A good thing for sure but i doubt it will improve the pizza...which is not very good. 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
4.2.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  MrFrost @4.2.1    6 years ago
i doubt it will improve the pizza...which is not very good

After eating one of those pies you're going to need a "Papa John"...

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.2.3  MrFrost  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @4.2.2    6 years ago
After eating one of those pies you're going to need a "Papa John"...

Usually I go to taco bell if I need to, "flush the system". We had a Godfathers Pizza here in town but it closed it's doors probably.....12 years ago? Great pizza, very good. Now we are stuck with pizza slut and Papa Murphy's, (which is actually pretty damn good). 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.2.5  Trout Giggles  replied to  MrFrost @4.2.3    6 years ago

I love Papa Murphy's! But they closed the one outside the base gate and now I has a sad

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.2.6  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.2.5    6 years ago

Some big supermarkets make them for take and bake where I live.

cjfrommn
Professor Silent
5  cjfrommn    6 years ago

Well there it is another person who really showed his colors.

I hope it costs him a lot of money to now interact with folks on a business level and yet i am really hoping that folks will distance themselves professionally and privately. 

As they say, doesn't matter what you got, lose lips sink ships!!

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6  Tacos!    6 years ago

My initial reaction to these stories is usually the same. It's always amazing to me that there are people - especially if they are successful people - who even have this word available to them in their vocabulary bucket. It's a word I literally never use. I could be angry, drunk, drugged up, whatever, and it would never occur to me to use this word. The only people I have ever associated with who used it were black (a practice I disagree with, but I get it and have never attacked anyone for it). Why a white person - particularly a leader of a huge corporation - would say this word (even accidentally) just blows my mind.

Having said all that, there does seem to be something about this particular story that appears to be an overreaction given the context. It appears he was quoting/paraphrasing someone else (Colonel Sanders). He himself wasn't trying to use the word on or about anyone, and the whole discussion was supposed to be anti-racist. Although even in this context, I personally would say "n-word" instead of the word itself.

Perhaps if he hadn't already gotten himself in trouble over his NFL comments, people wouldn't have been as sensitive. Still, the idea that you can quote someone and be treated as if they were your words seems to reflect the trend in our society where people rush to be offended rather than dispassionately analyze what is actually being said.

cjfrommn
Professor Silent
6.1  cjfrommn  replied to  Tacos! @6    6 years ago
It's a word I literally never use

for shits sake, why would you admit that and yet comment on this....since you clearly have the same issue per your own words. 

and

It appears he was quoting/paraphrasing someone else (Colonel Sanders). He himself wasn't trying to use the word on or about anyone, and the whole discussion was supposed to beanti-racist. Although even in this context, I personally would say "n-word" instead of the word itself.

did you not notice that you are the only one that has even suggested this can be mitigated away. by the way, the fact that HE DID get himself in trouble for his NFL comments would suggest that THIS SITUATION is confirmation that he is lacking in the ability to have anyone suggest a defense or level of sensitivity is the problem. 

he is the problem and he has public twice did something that NORMAL PEOPLE dont need to do because they know it is wrong to do and say. 

i just dont get why you have such a tough time understanding that nobody is being OVERLY SENSITIVE. they / we / are holding him accountable for the choices he has made based on his personal conduct where he was under no duress. 

Why make excuses...

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  cjfrommn @6.1    6 years ago
why would you admit that

I don't follow you. What's wrong with admitting that I never use the n-word?

did you not notice that you are the only one that has even suggested this can be mitigated away

Yeah, I don't let other people do my critical thinking for me. I'm not part of the mob. I don't measure the truth of something by how many people on an Internet forum agree with me.

the fact that HE DID get himself in trouble for his NFL comments would suggest that THIS SITUATION is confirmation that he is lacking in the ability to have anyone suggest a defense or level of sensitivity is the problem

I think that's probably true. I said as much in my earlier comment. It seems like you missed that point.

Why make excuses...

Do you think referencing/quoting someone who used the n-word simply to say "he said n-" is the same as using it yourself to refer to someone? As I said, I personally wouldn't do either one, but the first use is obviously less offensive than the latter.

cjfrommn
Professor Silent
6.1.2  cjfrommn  replied to  Tacos! @6.1.1    6 years ago
why would you admit that

I don't follow you. What's wrong with admitting that I never use the n-word?

Maybe you need to re-read what you wrote because you didnt say you NEVER use the n-word--sheesh man 

did you not notice that you are the only one that has even suggested this can be mitigated away

again, you want to act as if you dont know WHAT you typed. thus the MITIGATION was referring to you and the need to make excuses for this mans conduct. 

Yeah, I don't let other people do my critical thinking for me. I'm not part of the mob. I don't measure the truth of something by how many people on an Internet forum agree with me.

a critical thinker doesn't get on the INTERNET and suggest that a business leader has any room what so ever to use a racial slur on a conference call , especially with people he doesn't know. so you are wont be mistaken for being a critical thinker.

the fact that HE DID get himself in trouble for his NFL comments would suggest that THIS SITUATION is confirmation that he is lacking in the ability to have anyone suggest a defense or level of sensitivity is the problem

I think that's probably true. I said as much in my earlier comment. It seems like you missed that point.

you know what i have known as most adults do. That when a person says " i said as much in my earlier comment" means they didn't.  just say it the way it has to be said. which is directly.   

Why make excuses...

Do you think referencing/quoting someone who used the n-word simply to say "he said n-" is the same as using it yourself to refer to someone?

YES- as a matter of fact i find that if you have to say it because someone else did that makes you no better. Most normal people who know that word was used dont repeat they just say that the person who did "used a bad word". 

As I said, I personally wouldn't do either one, but the first use is obviously less offensive than the latter.

WRONG again, again your need to think that way makes it clear why you comment or reply the way you do. And that is really to bad if you cant see that. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6.1.3  Tacos!  replied to  cjfrommn @6.1.2    6 years ago
Maybe you need to re-read what you wrote because you didnt say you NEVER use the n-word--sheesh man

Maybe you need to reread it . Here, I'm literally copying and pasting, but I will bold the important part:

It's a word I literally never use.

I went on to say:

I could be angry, drunk, drugged up, whatever, and it would never occur to me to use this word.

You even copied it and pasted it yourself in 6.1

It kind of makes it hard to justify debating you because you clearly aren't paying attention to the words people actually say. The bias you bring to the discussion literally prevents you from seeing the truth. Amazing.

cjfrommn
Professor Silent
6.1.4  cjfrommn  replied to  Tacos! @6.1.3    6 years ago

how about saying shit straight-- 

" i never use the N word"

that lives no room for doubt. 

there is nothing to debate. either you think he is dead wrong or as you have done, suggest there is a reasonable excuse for him using it. 

to me there is no excuse especially when its in the company of others not known to him. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6.1.5  Tacos!  replied to  cjfrommn @6.1.4    6 years ago
that lives no room for doubt

I'm using plain English words. They don't have that many syllables. Why don't you just admit that you falsely accused me because your bias caused you to hastily rush past my actual words?

cjfrommn
Professor Silent
6.1.6  cjfrommn  replied to  Tacos! @6.1.5    6 years ago

plain english words - what ever. 

plain english is direct. 

using that word makes people feel like your bull shitting. and so either you have or would use that word because if you would never then the plain english style would be as such " i would never use the n word"

literally allows for doubt. say as you mean it.  

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6.1.7  Tacos!  replied to  cjfrommn @6.1.6    6 years ago

deleted

You falsely accused me. Just admit it. You'd actually earn some respect.

cjfrommn
Professor Silent
6.1.8  cjfrommn  replied to  Tacos! @6.1.7    6 years ago

i did go back and re-read your sentence with the excuse you suggested for this guy. i still feel you have or did use the word, or you would have just said you NEVER have used the word. And the way that sentence reads to me is the same as the first time.

deleted

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6.1.9  Tacos!  replied to  cjfrommn @6.1.8    6 years ago
i still feel

Your feelings contradict the facts. Typical.

you have or did use the word

I do not use the word. You have no special knowledge otherwise and at this point, I'm going to have to insist that you stop trying to defame me online. Apparently it's time to start flagging your comments.

you would have just said you NEVER have used the word

My own statement, in response to nothing in particular and with no prompting was that it is a word I never use.

So really you are the one full of shit.

And I believe your campaign to smear my reputation on this seed is a violation of the rules of this site. You have demonstrated that it is more important to you to defame people you don't like rather than engage in an intelligent debate.

I invite you to reconsider your words and retract them. You have no specific evidence that I have ever used the n-word and so your claim that I have amounts to libel.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tacos! @6    6 years ago
The only people I have ever associated with who used it were black

I've never known a black person to use that word. The people I knew that use it were all white. One of them is now dead (my brother) and I don't associate with the others any longer

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
6.2.1  Spikegary  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.2    6 years ago

More inner-city use than in the country, though I have heard it used by blacks, also seems to be a standard in song lyrics-I think it's a word no one should use, but I don't control anyone but me and I will not use that word.  Ever.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.2.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Spikegary @6.2.1    6 years ago

An acquaintance of mine once used it loudly in a restaurant we were in. An African-American woman was at the salad bar and J just blurted it out loudly about **** and something while we were sitting at our table. I'm surprised she didn't get the shit kicked out of her.

I no longer see this woman and her bigoted husband socially.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
6.2.3  Spikegary  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.2.2    6 years ago

Understandably-you are judged by the company you keep-and could get your ass kicked for just being there.  Good move on your part.  As you know, the Air Force does not tolerate that kind of stuff and as I'm coming up on 40 years total, it's become pretty ingrained.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.2.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Spikegary @6.2.3    6 years ago

And that's the thing! Her husband is a retired Master Sgt and she's been married to an AF man ever since she left high school. You would think she would know better. He was actually worse than she was.

devangelical
Professor Principal
6.2.6  devangelical  replied to    6 years ago
I associate with quite few black people

No doubt about that.

devangelical
Professor Principal
6.2.8  devangelical  replied to    6 years ago

You guessed wrong. I have black people in my family.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
6.2.9  seeder  Tessylo  replied to    6 years ago

I'm guessing that you don't actually have any black friends, much less ones that use that word. I'm not surprised that the word is used in rap music.  They can say the word whenever they want 

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
7  bbl-1    6 years ago

Schnatter is the younger up and coming breed of the 'conservative oligarchy.'  He is a regular attendee of Koch sponsored events designed to remake American government and American society.

As far as the ****** word, it has been used in the common American vernacular for centuries.  Ever see "Django Unchained?"  Is the word offensive?  Of course.  It was and is meant to be offensive.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
7.1  MrFrost  replied to  bbl-1 @7    6 years ago
Ever see "Django Unchained?"

Much like in music, "that" word is used but under the guise of, "art", which movies and music are. I know, sounds stupid, but that's the truth. That's what has protected porn for so long, it's considered "art". 

cjfrommn
Professor Silent
7.1.1  cjfrommn  replied to  MrFrost @7.1    6 years ago

sadly another attempt at making an excuse for someone who benefits from the public based on his business that is available as a choice to the consumer. 

some of us consumers believe that a person who runs such a company should not be engaged in an activity that has to do with comments that in the context effects one populous of this country. Much less have to speak in such a way that others KNOW  is offensive in that type of public presentation.  

As far as your movie reference, the time period and scope of the movie is made clear to those who choose to see that style of movie. The fact that it was not toned down is expected because that is exactly how life was back then. The deflection you presented would have some validity if it was found out that the producer or individual out side of this movie project used those words. 

Again, most see this mans need to use that term in a meeting with others who know the context he used it in was unprofessional , unwarranted and ignorant. 

And when you are that high up in image based on society's expectations , and choose to say such things, then you dont get to keep that benefit. 

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
7.1.2  Skrekk  replied to  cjfrommn @7.1.1    6 years ago

Given their odious history on issues like this, it's a sign of social progress that the board of Papa Johns wanted nothing more to do with Schnatter.    This isn't exactly the first time he's let his inner bigot out.

cjfrommn
Professor Silent
7.1.3  cjfrommn  replied to  Skrekk @7.1.2    6 years ago

well sadly thats exactly right, this type of person along with the others in news lately just get to comfortable and forget that everyone is not in AAAH of them. 

And the down fall of some of these folks in the news lately have this commonality of assuming that there statute is supposed to transcend to anyone around them. 

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
7.1.4  Skrekk  replied to  cjfrommn @7.1.3    6 years ago

I don't want to blame ALL of this racist crap on Trump but it seems that some right wingers are now so comfortable expressing their inner bigot that we've returned to the era of kicking folks out of swimming pools because they have too much melanin and might contaminate the water.    Did you see the latest one?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.5  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Skrekk @7.1.4    6 years ago

Here's another instance Shrekk.  It's sickening.

and here's another one

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
7.1.6  Skrekk  replied to  Tessylo @7.1.5    6 years ago

Trump has accomplished what physicists have not, the ability to time travel back to the good old days of the Jim Crow south.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
12  Greg Jones    6 years ago

I would venture to say that every left-winger on this site has used the "n" word multiple times in their casual and social conversations. I think what we are witnessing here is liberal and mostly white guilt.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @12    6 years ago

Projection?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
12.1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Tessylo @12.1    6 years ago

eek

Tessylo
Professor Principal
12.3  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Greg Jones @12    6 years ago

I would venture to say that you use the word all the time.  I never do.  

JBB
Professor Principal
12.3.1  JBB  replied to  Tessylo @12.3    6 years ago
I would venture to say that you use the word all the time.  I never do.

As a boy in the early 1960s I oft heard some say that since their parents and grandparents had all called black folks the n-word and since mama and papa and granny and pawpaw were all good righteous Christians then the n-word must be just fine and dandy to use and there was no good reason why they should not address anyone that way if they wanted to. Go Figure...

Mama once had a second grader who would not stop calling other children the n-word at recess so she was constantly being told, "Johnny called me the n-word", less my editing. Which was worse, the use of the word of being told? In any case she had all the kids in class start calling Johnny "Cracker John" until he ceased using that word. He stopped. She probably couldn't do that today.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
13  Hal A. Lujah    6 years ago

775CE0D52E044C14B47CFBE4DF8848FC.jpeg

Tessylo
Professor Principal
13.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @13    6 years ago

laughing dude

devangelical
Professor Principal
13.2  devangelical  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @13    6 years ago

LMFAO! If you can do that to a youtube video, his pizza commercials just got real funny.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
13.2.1  Skrekk  replied to  devangelical @13.2    6 years ago

Papa Johns just killed off their logo:

Tessylo
Professor Principal
15  seeder  Tessylo    6 years ago

I like Pizza Boli's.  I don't know if they're a regional or national chain though.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
17  Thrawn 31    6 years ago

Let me make it perfectly clear for everyone, if you are a white male or female, just don't say nigger. Really in any context, academic is slightly different, but in general conversation or interaction, just don't say it. Piss and moan about fairness all you want, I am just saying if you are white and you say nigger you will be considered to be a racist.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
17.1  Tacos!  replied to  Thrawn 31 @17    6 years ago

The way you just used the word is not radically different from the way Papa John used it.

charger 383
Professor Silent
18  charger 383    6 years ago

rappers can say what the pizza man can't

Tessylo
Professor Principal
18.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  charger 383 @18    6 years ago

Of course they can, they're allowed.  What's that got to do with it?

Split Personality
Professor Guide
19  Split Personality    6 years ago

Since the seeder is suspended the article is locked