╌>

Sean Spicer: Mueller's investigation is not a witch hunt

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  galen-marvin-ross  •  6 years ago  •  104 comments

Sean Spicer: Mueller's investigation is not a witch hunt

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Former White House press secretary Sean Spicer said he does not believe special counsel Robert Mueller's Russia investigation is a witch hunt, contradicting a claim often repeated by President Donald Trump.
"As of now, I see no evidence that it is," Spicer said during an exclusive interview on "Today" when asked if Mueller's probe is a political witch hunt.
Spicer, however, said that there has been "no evidence" of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia.

He also added that he believes Russia meddled in the 2016 election but he did not criticize his former boss for the president's widely condemned comments in which Trump appeared to say he believed Russian President Vladimir Putin's assertion that Russia did not orchestrate a campaign to interfere in the presidential election.
"I think it's very important to be clear that Russia meddled in our election and there's no evidence of collusion," Spicer said.
Trump faced a groundswell of criticism from all sides for his performance in Helsinki on Monday, where he blamed the U.S. for hurting relations with Russia and contradicted American intelligence agencies' assessment that Russia interfered in the election.
Trump faced additional backlash after attempting to clarify his remarks on Tuesday. He said he misspoke in Helsinki.
Then on Wednesday, White House press secretary Sarah Sanders had to again clarify that the president agreed with the assessment of the intelligence community that Russia is looking to interfere with U.S. elections this year. The president had responded "no" earlier in the day when asked if Russia is continuing to meddle, but Sanders said that had been his way of indicating that he was not going to respond to questions from reporters.
In an interview conducted after his return from Helsinki, Trump was asked whether he held Putin personally responsible for meddling in the 2016 election.
"Well, I would, because he's in charge of the country. Just like I consider myself to be responsible for things that happen in this country," he told CBS News. "So certainly as the leader of a country you would have to hold him responsible, yes."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross    6 years ago
"I think it's very important to be clear that Russia meddled in our election and there's no evidence of collusion," Spicer said.

Spicer left out the most important word here, "Yet".

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1    6 years ago

This whole mess was started by a fake dossier paid for by the democrats which led to illegal spying by the Obama administration in an attempt to dig up dirt on Trump.

Fireryone
Freshman Silent
1.1.1  Fireryone  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1    6 years ago
This whole mess was started by a fake dossier paid for by the democrats which led to illegal spying by the Obama administration in an attempt to dig up dirt on Trump.

That is false information you're hanging onto. Sad really that you believe it was just oppo research, but even if it was, So what?

that doesn't change the facts of the case. 

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.1.2  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1    6 years ago

Not according to Sean Spicer and, people appointed by Trump and, serving in both the FBI and, the DOJ.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1.3  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1    6 years ago

And has evolved into investigating the hacking of the DNC server without the server.  Wonder how he got that evidence?  But then again, there hasn't been much evidence of a damn thing anyway.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.1.4  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.1.3    6 years ago
And has evolved into investigating the hacking of the DNC server without the server. Wonder how he got that evidence? But then again, there hasn't been much evidence of a damn thing anyway.

You and, Gregg should stop watching Judge Jeanine and, Sean Hannity.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1.1.5  KDMichigan  replied to  Fireryone @1.1.1    6 years ago
that doesn't change the facts of the case.

Well so far the facts are no collusion.

Any charges thrown out so far have nothing to do with the Trump campaign. As far as I know.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.1.6  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  KDMichigan @1.1.5    6 years ago
Any charges thrown out so far have nothing to do with the Trump campaign. As far as I know

One, forget the collusion thing, that is a Trump meme. Two, every American charged so far have one thing in common, they all worked on the Trump campaign.

bugsy
Professor Participates
1.1.7  bugsy  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.1.6    6 years ago
they all worked on the Trump campaign.

So? Now because you have no proof that any one of them colluded with the Russians to change the election, you simply just don't like them because they worked on the campaign.

Says alot about you.

Fireryone
Freshman Silent
1.1.8  Fireryone  replied to  KDMichigan @1.1.5    6 years ago
Any charges thrown out so far have nothing to do with the Trump campaign. As far as I know.

They do have a lot to do with the trump campaign.  Conspiracy is the same thing as collusion and it is a crime to conspire against the US. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.9  It Is ME  replied to  Fireryone @1.1.8    6 years ago
Collusion  and it is a crime to conspire against the US.

"President Barack Obama was caught on camera on Monday assuring outgoing Russian President Dmitry Medvedev that he will have “more flexibility” to deal with contentious issues like missile defense after the U.S. presidential election."

Funny thing this Missile defense. Seems the systems promised to allies, just went "Poof" after that little on-mic discussion.

Was that just  simple "Collusion"....or was it a MAJOR  "Conspiracy".

Fireryone
Freshman Silent
1.1.10  Fireryone  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.1.3    6 years ago
And has evolved into investigating the hacking of the DNC server without the server.

Haha, you have fallen for that BS too? Ready last weeks indictment. It explains how they know what happened.  

Fireryone
Freshman Silent
1.1.11  Fireryone  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.9    6 years ago
"President Barack Obama was caught on camera on Monday assuring outgoing Russian President Dmitry Medvedev that he will have “more flexibility” to deal with contentious issues like missile defense after the U.S. presidential election."

That is hardly a cause for concern compared to what we are facing with Trump and his lying campaign staff.  I don't deal with what about this or what about that.  It is in NO way shape or form the same thing.

Besides it is past and I prefer to deal with the present.  There's nothing that can be done about the past. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.12  It Is ME  replied to  Fireryone @1.1.11    6 years ago

Tell Me....what has gone on that "Dooms the world" because of Trumps ways.

And by the way....the Allies that were supposed to get that missile defense system from Obama (President of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA), and then he backtracked, weren't too happy with the United States. At least Trump tells out allies how it is....up front !

"Besides it is past and I prefer to deal with the present."

History....is how we are supposed to learn the "what" and the "what nots". Not from the present.

Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו
Junior Participates
1.1.13  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.12    6 years ago

Glad you brought that arms deal up.  Robert Mueller is particularly interested in it as well since sending those missiles just happened to coincide exactly with Ukraine abruptly deciding to terminate its cooperation with Mueller's investigation:

Fireryone
Freshman Silent
1.1.14  Fireryone  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.12    6 years ago

What history do we have that informs us about trump and his corruption? 

Fireryone
Freshman Silent
1.1.15  Fireryone  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.12    6 years ago
Tell Me....what has gone on that "Dooms the world" because of Trumps ways.

I never said it dooms the world, that is your hyperbole not mine.  Here are some of the things he has done that damages the us.

Climate change denial and inaction. 

Meeting with dictators and giving concessions without getting any thing in return,

Trade war

Calling our allies foes

Calling fascists friend.

Massive increase to the debt for no good reason. 

Which of these things that trump has done is conservative?  I remember how the right on NV screamed and wailed over Obama's so called apology tour.  Now you've got trump saying much much worse things about the US to putin and along side him while you applaud and cheer.  

I'll add to my list

off the chart hypocrisy, oh and of course 

his lies. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.16  It Is ME  replied to  Fireryone @1.1.15    6 years ago

Climate change denial and inaction. - SO !

Meeting with dictators and giving concessions without getting any thing in return - REALLY ?  Obama gave up Missile defense for Allies....for a DICTATOR ! What is different now ? What did Obama Get for doing that ? Russian Help with the Iran Non-Binding Deal ?

Trade war - SO ! Like that has NEVER happened before....and yet here this country STILL stands.

Calling our allies foes - He called out our allies in order to get them to stand on their own two feet. Isn't it Liberals that don't want the United States of America to be the Police of the world ? NOW THEY DO ?

Calling fascists friend. - Like Obama, Bush and other past Presidents have.

Massive increase to the debt for no good reason. - And what IS a good reason....since that has been going on for a millennial or so.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.17  It Is ME  replied to  Fireryone @1.1.14    6 years ago
What history do we have that informs us about trump and his corruption?

A dumb statement...but good try anyway. stunned

Take down confederate statutes and the civil war and slavery NEVER happened....right ? Face Palm

Fireryone
Freshman Silent
1.1.18  Fireryone  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.16    6 years ago

Good grief, do you ever just discuss an issue without deflection? I provided my list, I have no intention of debating you on my list. I already know you don't care about what trumps doing. 

Besides your responses are non responsive. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.19  It Is ME  replied to  Fireryone @1.1.18    6 years ago
Good grief, do you ever just discuss an issue without deflection? I provided my list,

I answered . Didn't like the answers ?

Good Grief ! Face Palm

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
1.1.20  Skrekk  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1    6 years ago
an attempt to dig up dirt on Trump.

So far there seems to be a mountain of dirt.

Fireryone
Freshman Silent
1.1.21  Fireryone  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.17    6 years ago
Take down confederate statutes and the civil war and slavery NEVER happened....right ?

What the hell does that have to do with trump? 

Fireryone
Freshman Silent
1.1.22  Fireryone  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.19    6 years ago
Didn't like the answers ?

They aren't answers. 

You've said so what and deflected.  

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.23  It Is ME  replied to  Fireryone @1.1.21    6 years ago
What the hell does that have to do with trump?

Everything !

Liberals all riding on Conjecture about what they think Trump is doing or did, since day one.

Fireryone
Freshman Silent
1.1.24  Fireryone  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.23    6 years ago
Liberals all riding on Conjecture about what they think Trump is doing or did, since day one.

I see you think this is just a partisan disagreement. It is not that.  It is a serious national security matter. 

I'm no longer going to entertain discussions with hyper partisans when it's very clearly about the US and not parties.  The tribe I belong to is Citizen of the United States.  Which one do you belong to? 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.25  It Is ME  replied to  Fireryone @1.1.24    6 years ago
It is a serious national security matter.

How do you know this.

The media said so ?

Hell....Some idiots in congress wanted to call in Trumps interpreter for questioning after the Putin Meeting. Deep State Wants ?

What has the "Deep State" been doing before Trump....pussy footing around the Hot coals as a good thing, and then Trump Dives in head first, and they're scared  ?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.26  It Is ME  replied to  Fireryone @1.1.22    6 years ago
They aren't answers.

They sure were !

Fireryone
Freshman Silent
1.1.27  Fireryone  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.25    6 years ago

The better question is how do you not know that?  

Trump appointed intelligence agencies know it to be true. 

Fireryone
Freshman Silent
1.1.28  Fireryone  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.26    6 years ago
They sure were !

They were not.  are you going to come back with they were too?

lol 

Fireryone
Freshman Silent
1.1.29  Fireryone  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.25    6 years ago

Deep state...Hahah right.

that's ridiculous name for career professionals. 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.30  Ozzwald  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.1.6    6 years ago
Two, every American charged so far have one thing in common, they all worked on the Trump campaign.

AND they all had contact with various Russian nationals that they either lied about or refused to disclose.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.31  It Is ME  replied to  Fireryone @1.1.29    6 years ago
that's ridiculous name for career professionals.

Not at all. Politics is supposed to be "For the People"...not for the one serving.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.32  It Is ME  replied to  Fireryone @1.1.28    6 years ago
are you going to come back with they were too?

They were too. Thumbs Up 2

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.33  It Is ME  replied to  Fireryone @1.1.27    6 years ago
Trump appointed intelligence agencies know it to be true.

So they say.

The DNC Server story is still being told to us by a third party....and the third party is not the FBI.

The FBI Was and IS satisfied with the "Third Parties" explanations of what's in it though. Ask Comey.

Fireryone
Freshman Silent
1.1.34  Fireryone  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.33    6 years ago
is still being told to us by a third party....and the third party is not the FBI.

Did you read the indictment? 

If you did you would know there wasn't just 1 computer it was several and they don't need the server because the way it happened has been tracked from person 1 to victim 1 etc.  

Fireryone
Freshman Silent
1.1.35  Fireryone  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.31    6 years ago
Politics is supposed to be "For the People"...not for the one serving.

career professionals aren't supposed to be political and you know it. That's why ya'll so upset about those hateful text messages. 

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1.36  Ender  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @1.1.13    6 years ago

It just gets deeper and deeper.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.1.37  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  It Is ME @1.1.31    6 years ago
Not at all. Politics is supposed to be "For the People"...not for the one serving.

That's just it, the FBI and, DOJ aren't suppose to be involved in the politics end of government, however, the current head of the DOJ was a politician before accepting Trumps nomination and, he's one of the ones who lied about conversations with Russians while he worked for the Trump campaign.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1.38  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.1.4    6 years ago

So you really don't have anything but assumptions about me.  Shouldn't you be out creaming at the sky or getting your vagina costume ready for the next outrage?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1.39  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Fireryone @1.1.10    6 years ago
It explains how they know what happened.

No it doesn't.  Bobby is dumb enough to take the word of the rest of the mindless clods in the DNC.  I don't recall hearing him checking into the China aspect of the hacking.  Wonder why.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.40  It Is ME  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.1.37    6 years ago
That's just it, the FBI and, DOJ aren't suppose to be involved in the politics end of government

I know....right ?

Eric and HIS secret police were just GREAT ! 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.41  It Is ME  replied to  Fireryone @1.1.35    6 years ago
career professionals

The Dinosaurs in Congress ?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.42  It Is ME  replied to  Fireryone @1.1.34    6 years ago
If you did you would know there wasn't just 1 computer it was several and they don't need the server because the way it happened has been tracked from person 1 to victim 1 etc.

It DIDN'T happen because Comey and his bunch said it was okay for someone else to look at them and report back. Wouldn't it be great if that thought process went for ALL ?

Fireryone
Freshman Silent
1.2  Fireryone  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1    6 years ago
Spicer left out the most important word here, "Yet".

I think Friday's indictment provides very clear evidence.  

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.2.1  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Fireryone @1.2    6 years ago
I think Friday's indictment provides very clear evidence.

It provides clear evidence that Russians were involved, the one that I'm interested in is the "Sparrow" that was arrested on Monday.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.2.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.2.1    6 years ago
It provides clear evidence that Russians were involved

It proves they THINK russians were involved.  No server, no evidence.  Just a lot of speculation based on ignorance and crying because they lost the election.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.2.3  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.2.2    6 years ago
Just a lot of speculation based on ignorance and crying because they lost the election.

Mueller wouldn't have set up the indictments if he didn't have enough evidence to PROVE the Russians were involved.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.2.4  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.2.3    6 years ago

He's already done it the last time he indicted Russians.  You should really keep up.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.2.5  Sean Treacy  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.2.3    6 years ago
ave set up the indictments if he didn't have enough evidence to PROVE the Russians were involved.

If Muller was serious about trying those Russians he would have kept the indictments under seal and hoped the indicted Russians traveled to a place they could be caught and brought to trial. Instead, he handed their prosecution off to the Trump Administration. If, of course, there was evidence of collusion the Trump administration would be too conflicted to try these Russians. That's the whole point of an "independent prosecutor," to handle prosecutions that the DOJ is too conflicted to handle itself.

Every time Mueller hands prosecution off to the Trump DOJ, you can bet the case has nothing to do with "collusion" with Russia. 

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.2.6  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.2.4    6 years ago
He's already done it the last time he indicted Russians.  You should really keep up.

Then why are you on here trying to support Trumps line of "It might have been a 400lb man in his mothers basement in New Jersey"?

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.2.7  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.2.5    6 years ago
Every time Mueller hands prosecution off to the Trump DOJ, you can bet the case has nothing to do with "collusion" with Russia.

Mueller, didn't hand it off to the DOJ, he handed it off to the courts in the states that were involved and, offered up the evidence of the Russia meddling to the DOJ so, that someone there could hand it off to Congress and, Congress could do something about preventing the meddling in the next election but, of course if Russia is favoring the Republicans why would a Republican Congress want to do anything about Russian meddling in the 2018 election, after all the Russians are helping the Republicans win. Right?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.2.8  Sean Treacy  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.2.7    6 years ago
Mueller, didn't hand it off to the DOJ,

Yes. He did. This is not a secret. That fact is in just about every story announcing the indictments.  

I really have no idea what the rest of your word salad purports to mean. 

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.2.9  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.2.8    6 years ago
I really have no idea what the rest of your word salad purports to mean.

Sorry about that, I've only had one cup of Joe this morning, still feeling groggy. Mueller, from what I understand works for the DOJ, in this case, since Sessions recused himself, he works for Rosenstein, he handed the information over to Rosenstein who handed it to the national security division for prosecution, how they will do that I don't know, maybe prosecute them even though they aren't here to defend themselves, I've heard that's been done before when a defendant can't be brought before a court. This is my way of saying you were right, Mueller did hand it over to Rosenstein but, it is because Rosenstein is his boss, not for any other reason. As far as nothing coming against any more Americans, I think we need to wait and, see, this set of indictments didn't have anything in them about Americans being involved but, that doesn't mean that the next set won't. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.2.10  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.2.6    6 years ago

Show me EXACTLY where I made any mention of that?  Although I will admit, it does accurately describe many of the liberals I have come across.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.2.11  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.2.10    6 years ago
Show me EXACTLY where I made any mention of that?  Although I will admit, it does accurately describe many of the liberals I have come across.

I have not seen one statement by Trump were he came out and, actually said that the Russians interfered in our elections in 2016, he comes close but, then he says, "It could have been other people, like some 400lb man in his mothers basement in New Jersey.", he always throws an excuse out there to give to his butt buddy Putin.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.2.12  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @1.2.11    6 years ago

So you CAN'T show me where I made any mention of 400lb basement dwelling liberals and now you are deflecting because of it.  Gotcha.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.2.13  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.2.12    6 years ago
So you CAN'T show me where I made any mention of 400lb basement dwelling liberals and now you are deflecting because of it.  Gotcha.

I didn't say you said that, I was saying that Trump made that statement when he first started talking about the Mueller probe and, the Russia investigation, he has been calling it a witch hunt since he  first learned of it and, it has proven not to be so, if you think you said that somewhere, is that a Freudian slip?

Ender
Professor Principal
2  Ender    6 years ago

Spicer was lucky he got out when he did. He was not as good at lying and deflection as Sanders is.

Funny that he says no evidence though. Some on the right never needed any evidence to make wild accusations.

It just sounds like he is trying to talk out of both sides of his mouth. Yes, no witch hunt but no, no collusion. He is trying to have it both ways.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.1  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Ender @2    6 years ago
It just sounds like he is trying to talk out of both sides of his mouth. Yes, no witch hunt but no, no collusion. He is trying to have it both ways.

Collusion doesn't matter, it's not a crime, what does matter is the two other things that Trump could be guilty of conspiracy and, obstruction.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.1.2  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Have Opinion Will Travel @2.1.1    6 years ago
Yeah right conspiring to defeat a democrat of course is a crime in the corrupt world of Comey, McCabe, Strzok Mueller et al.

I know that you are just trolling this site and, have no intention of adding anything except BS to any conversation so, I'll make it simple for you. Conspiracy to subvert our democracy, our elections and, to steal items from the DNC and, the Clinton campaigns computers. Obstruction of the Russia investigation by firing James Comey.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
2.1.3  pat wilson  replied to  Have Opinion Will Travel @2.1.1    6 years ago

Putin put his finger on the scale of the 2016 election and all of you on the right know that. Stop being be disingenuous. It makes you look stupid. I know a lot of you here are not stupid.

conspiring to defeat a democrat

Conspiring to alter the outcome of an election. You're welcome.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
2.1.4  KDMichigan  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @2.1    6 years ago
what does matter is the two other things that Trump could be guilty of conspiracy and, obstruction.

Woulda, Shoulda, Coulda.

So is this whataboutism?

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.1.5  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  KDMichigan @2.1.4    6 years ago
Woulda, Shoulda, Coulda. So is this whataboutism?

No, it's called common sense, try it.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.6  It Is ME  replied to  pat wilson @2.1.3    6 years ago
conspiring to defeat a democrat

Why would Putin and the Russians want to defeat a Democrat. They received quite a bit of what they wanted from the democrats for 8 years. Was Putin just tired of receiving ? He wanted to give back this time ?

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.1.7  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  It Is ME @2.1.6    6 years ago
Why would Putin and the Russians want to defeat a Democrat. They received quite a bit of what they wanted from the democrats for 8 years.

Oh, you mean like this?

And, then Trump did this,

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/‘that’s-going-to-be-special’-tensions-rise-as-trump-invites-putin-to-washington/ar-AAAj9C7?ocid=spartanntp

Yep, Trumps being really hard on Putin. Makes No Sense

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.8  It Is ME  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @2.1.7    6 years ago

Trump sent 60 Russians packing after the poison attacks in Britain. Obama could only muster 35. Trumps sanctions are more potent than Obama's ever were. Trump bombed Syria. The Gains Russia got from Democrats Far, Far, Far outweigh the little tickles the democrats did against Russia.Your Point ?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.9  Tessylo  replied to  It Is ME @2.1.8    6 years ago

laughing dude

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.10  JohnRussell  replied to  It Is ME @2.1.8    6 years ago

Trump is a pathological liar. He doesnt belong in the presidency for that reason alone. He is psychologically troubled. We need , as a country, to stop playing games about this before something truly bad happens. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.11  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @2.1.9    6 years ago

Tickle, Tickle, Tickle....again. devil

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.1.12  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  It Is ME @2.1.8    6 years ago

Do you mean the same sanctions that Trump refuses to implement?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.13  It Is ME  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.10    6 years ago

Funny how this "Funny Guy" has this country working and more positive about itself again. The "Few" that hate....well.....It's their "Life's" goal to hate ...apparently.

I'm doin' fine...and I bet YOU are too !  thumbs up

Burning down the Swamp ! la de da

About time someone did ! I bow to you

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.14  JohnRussell  replied to  It Is ME @2.1.13    6 years ago
Funny how this "Funny Guy" has this country working and more positive about itself again.

Nonsense. Trump has never had a majority of support. The country is not "positive", it is appalled. 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.15  It Is ME  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.14    6 years ago
The country is not "positive", it is appalled.

Sure it is....In "Normal" world. A Couple of "Blue States" aren't the entire country.

By the way...can you guess who won the presidency ?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.16  It Is ME  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2.1.12    6 years ago

Which ones ?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.17  JohnRussell  replied to  It Is ME @2.1.15    6 years ago

Trump's approval ratings have not improved much since he took office 18 months ago. He's not going to get re-elected, he's not even going to survive Mueller.  Why not put an end to this farce sooner instead of later? America has suffered enough profound embarrassment from this travesty. 

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
2.1.18  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.17    6 years ago
He's not going to get re-elected

When are people going to STOP underestimating this man ?

I stopped underestimating him long ago, I half expected he'd win and I predicted how his presidency would look like. I called it "Clean up on isle 1,2,3 and 6 and 7 pronto !" 

Unfortunately at this point I see the only one capable of trumping trump is trump himself, that's why I advocate for letting trump be trump. I truly believe sooner or latter trump will "trump" himself right out of office.

Till then watch as the weak congress people ether surcome to his wishes or abandoned the political ship hoping for another chance later. Contradicting trump has consequences at this time. 

America voted for a huge gamble, now we see what hand we were dealt. Good Luck America.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.19  It Is ME  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.17    6 years ago
he's not even going to survive Mueller.

Really ?

It's been almost 2 years now, with only 2 years to go, and no word noting TRUMP ! Just everything else that has nothing to do with what Mueller was supposed to be looking for in the first place.

I'd luv to know your inside source John.

Junior Participates
2.1.20  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  It Is ME @2.1.19    6 years ago
It's been 2 years now,

You people really need to do some remedial arithmetic or at least learn how to read a calendar.  This Special Counsel was created on July 17, 2017--i.e. just a few days over 14 months.  Two years is 24 months.  

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.21  It Is ME  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @2.1.20    6 years ago

You need to look at FACTS. This Russian election obstruction Thingy has been going on for Decades. 

The "Super-duper Uber Special Council" only came about because Trump was elected. All the other times this has been going on....well..... "What Difference did it make".

Junior Participates
2.1.22  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  It Is ME @2.1.21    6 years ago
You need to look at FACTS. This Russian election obstruction Thingy has been going on for Decades.

Make up your mind which bullshit track you're on.  Is it the "2 year" bullshit or the "decades" bullshit?   Or in your mind is bullshit bullshit so consistency of the bullshit doesn't matter?  Hey and didn't you forget to throw in a "EMAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and BENGHAZI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.23  It Is ME  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @2.1.22    6 years ago

Clueless STILL ? Eye Roll

I NEVER said anything about Benghazi and Emails....or did you just make up that part......for a Liberal EFFECT again !

Junior Participates
2.1.24  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  It Is ME @2.1.8    6 years ago
Trump sent 60 Russians packing after the poison attacks in Britain.

Yeah, from Seattle.  Not quite as far from D.C. as he could go but good enough, er?  By the way here's the list of the rest of the things Obama did to Putin:

Executive Order 13660 , signed on March 6, 2014, authorizes sanctions on individuals and entities responsible for violating the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ukraine, or for stealing the assets of the Ukrainian people. These sanctions put in place restrictions on the travel of certain individuals and officials and showed our continued efforts to impose a cost on Russia and those responsible for the situation in Crimea.

Executive Order 13661 , issued on March 17, 2014, under the national emergency with respect to Ukraine that find that the actions and policies of the Russian government with respect to Ukraine -– including through the deployment of Russian military forces in the Crimea region of Ukraine –- undermine democratic processes and institutions in Ukraine; threaten its peace, security, stability, sovereignty, and territorial integrity; and contribute to the misappropriation of its assets.

A new Executive Order, "Blocking Property of Additional Persons Contributing to the Situation in Ukraine," issued on March 20, 2014, expanded the scope of the national emergency declared in Executive Order 13660 of March 6, 2014, and expanded by Executive Order 13661 of March 16, 2014, finding that the actions and policies of the Government of the Russian Federation, including its purported annexation of Crimea and its use of force in Ukraine, continue to undermine democratic processes and institutions in Ukraine; threaten its peace, security, stability, sovereignty, and territorial integrity; and contribute to the misappropriation of its assets, and thereby constitute an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States.

Executive Order 13685 was issued December 19, 2014. Utilizing these Executive Orders, the United States has steadily increased the diplomatic and financial costs of Russia’s aggressive actions towards Ukraine. We have designated a number of Russian and Ukrainian entities, including 14 defense companies and individuals in Putin’s inner circle, as well as imposed targeted sanctions limiting certain financing to six of Russia’s largest banks and four energy companies. We have also suspended credit finance that encourages exports to Russia and financing for economic development projects in Russia, and are now prohibiting the provision, exportation, or re-exportation of goods, services (not including financial services), or technology in support of exploration or production for deepwater, Arctic offshore, or shale projects that have the potential to produce oil in the Russian Federation, or in maritime area claimed by the Russian Federation and extending from its territory, and that involve five major Russian energy companies.

These actions, in close coordination with our EU and international partners, send a strong message to the Russian government that there are consequences for their actions that threaten the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ukraine. The United States, together with international partners, will continue to stand by the Ukrainian government until Russia abides by its international obligations. The United States is prepared to take additional steps to impose further political and economic costs. A secure Ukraine, integrated with Europe and enjoying good relations with all its neighbors, is in the interests of the United States, Europe, and Russia.

Executive Order 13694 was issued on April 1, 2015 and authorized the imposition of sanctions on individuals and entities determined to be responsible for or complicit in malicious cyber-enabled activities that result in enumerated harms that are reasonably likely to result in, or have materially contributed to, a significant threat to the national security, foreign policy, or economic health or financial stability of the United States. The authority has been amended to also allow for the imposition of sanctions on individuals and entities determined to be responsible for tampering, altering, or causing the misappropriation of information with the purpose or effect of interfering with or undermining election processes or institutions in E.O. 13757.

Executive Order 13757 issued on December 28, 2016, amends EO 13694. E.O. 13757 focuses on specific harms caused by significant malicious cyber-enabled activities, and directs the Secretary of the Treasury, in consultation with the Attorney General and the Secretary of State, to impose sanctions on those persons he determines to be responsible for or complicit in activities leading to such harms. The U.S. Department of State and other U.S. government agencies work to identify individuals and entities whose conduct meets the criteria set forth in E.O. 13694, as amended, and designate them for sanction under the delegated authority of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC). Persons designated under this authority are added to OFACS’s list of Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons (SDN List).

Obama also ordered the seizure of two Russian properties and closed the San Francisco consulate.  

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.25  It Is ME  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @2.1.24    6 years ago

Those have done sooooo well.

Thank goodness Obama put Romney in his place and let him know that the "Cold War' was over. Obama supporters believed it and elected Obama. laughing dude

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.26  Ozzwald  replied to  It Is ME @2.1.8    6 years ago
Trump sent 60 Russians packing after the poison attacks in Britain.

And the next day allowed their 60 replacements into the country.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.1.27  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  It Is ME @2.1.8    6 years ago
Trump sent 60 Russians packing after the poison attacks in Britain. Obama could only muster 35. Trumps sanctions are more potent than Obama's ever were. Trump bombed Syria. The Gains Russia got from Democrats Far, Far, Far outweigh the little tickles the democrats did against Russia.Your Point ?

June 17, 2017,

If Trump had gotten his wish, which I don't believe he did, then the sanctions that had been placed on Russia under Obama would have been lifted before Trump expelled the 60 Russians and, had Congress put more sanctions on Russia. Trump is only tough on Russia when he thinks that the polls will be against him if he isn't.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.1.28  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  It Is ME @2.1.15    6 years ago
By the way...can you guess who won the presidency ?

Through the electoral college, not the popular vote and, since we are talking about the investigation this line is off topic.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.29  It Is ME  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @2.1.28    6 years ago
Through the electoral college, not the popular vote

3 or 4 states do not make up the entire United States of America. There are 46 other states.

" since we are talking about the investigation this line is off topic. "

You got it going again.  You can Blame me though. Big hugs

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
2.1.30  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  It Is ME @2.1.29    6 years ago
You can Blame me though.

I know I got it going again but, I'd like it to stop. thumbs up

It Is ME
Masters Guide
2.1.31  It Is ME  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @2.1.30    6 years ago

Thumbs Up 2

Junior Participates
2.2  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Ender @2    6 years ago
He was not as good at lying and deflection as Sanders is.

Not for want of trying, it must be noted. 

Ender
Professor Principal
2.2.1  Ender  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @2.2    6 years ago

True that.

charger 383
Professor Silent
3  charger 383    6 years ago

After the investigations he did for the NFL, Muller should not be believed.   

Junior Participates
3.1  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  charger 383 @3    6 years ago
After the investigations he did for the NFL, Muller should not be believed.

What sort of fresh BS and pathetic derail attempt is this?

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4  bbl-1    6 years ago

Spicer's net worth is about $4.5 million.  I'm sure he covered himself and his assets are safe.

He also said , "The Russians meddled and there isn't any evidence of collusion."  Again he is correct on both points.  However, the horses are still on the track.

I wonder if he's writing a book?  If he is, will it be factual or bs?  I suspect bs.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
4.1  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  bbl-1 @4    6 years ago
If he is, will it be factual or bs?

After his time in the White House I'm betting,

bull.jpg  shit.jpg

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
5  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    6 years ago

col·lu·sion
[kəˈlo͞oZHən]

NOUN
secret or illegal cooperation or conspiracy, especially in order to cheat or deceive others.

con·spir·a·cy
[kənˈspirəsē]

NOUN
a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful.
"a conspiracy to destroy the government"

There is no difference.

Here's the most important thing:  Every single person in Trump's inner circle, during both the campaign and the transition, had dealings with Russian representatives.  With the exception of 2, every one of them lied about it.  Rex Tillerson couldn't very well lie.  Exxon Mobil was putting millions in Putin's pocket.  In fact, Rex received a friendship award from Putin in 2013.  Paul Manafort couldn't lie, either.  He's been lobbying for Russian causes for years, both here and in other countries.  I'm pretty sure it's how he paid his mortgage...and then some.  My point?  Why lie?  Why did Don Jr. lie?  Why did Carter Page lie?  Why did Michael Flynn lie?  Why did Jared Kushner lie?  Why did Jeff Sessions lie?  When efforts are legitimate, lying is unnecessary.  

This is no longer a partisan issue.  This is a holy shit what have we done and how can we fix it issue.  

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
5.1  seeder  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @5    6 years ago
This is no longer a partisan issue. This is a holy shit what have we done and how can we fix it issue.

This is the part that the Republicans in Congress that support Trump and, his supporter out here don't seem to get.

Sophomore Guide
5.2  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @5    6 years ago
This is no longer a partisan issue.  This is a holy shit what have we done and how can we fix it issue.

O but it is a partisan issue, many republicans are behind trump because of what he wants and are still willing to overlook that no one can really trust this man's word.  For now.... if and when trump wants something they dont want... well guess what guys it may be too damn late.

I see trump's presidency as one huge gamble. So good luck America.

What can be done to fix this issue ?   Vote

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
5.3  Raven Wing  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @5    6 years ago
This is a holy shit what have we done and how can we fix it issue.

Absolutely. And thus far they have not found a way to fix it. Jeff Sessions may think he has it beat because he is the head of the DOJ, but, no one is above the law, no matter what government dept they may head. Something both Sessions and his Mentor Trump will eventually find out, along with their cleaner fish who avidly serve them.

freepress
Freshman Silent
6  freepress    6 years ago

It certainly is not a "witch hunt". But if the GOP and Trump were so innocent they wouldn't protest so much.

If they were innocent they would be happy to testify, they would not be panicked as it moves forward and they would just stop talking about it altogether without any fear.

We see just the opposite. Lots of panicking, lots of denials, always calling it a "witch hunt" and failure to acknowledge all proof and guilty pleas or indictments so far. 

Sophomore Guide
6.1  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  freepress @6    6 years ago

tho do protest too much ... eh? 

I tend to agree.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
7  Skrekk    6 years ago

Former White House press secretary Sean Spicer said he does not believe special counsel Robert Mueller's Russia investigation is a witch hunt

It's more like shooting witches in a barrel.