╌>

The Children at the Trump Rallies === What is it like to see young people exposed to so much anger?

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  johnrussell  •  6 years ago  •  145 comments

The Children at the Trump Rallies === What is it like to see young people exposed to so much anger?

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

One of the most poignant photos from that time was of a boy, dressed as a fledgling Trump, in the front row of a rally with his father in Grand Junction, Colo., just two weeks before the election. Together, they chanted, “Lock her up, lock her up!” The father beamed with pride. Vitriol sputtered from his son Jaden’s mouth.

merlin_116437811_08574823-1df5-4245-914b

As before, I was drawn to the children, but this time through the lens of 19 months of the Trump administration. The people in that arena supported the actions of a sitting president, not just the musings of a candidate. In that time, the anger I experienced on the trail had taken shape with real-world consequences. The chants of “Build the wall” in 2016 were realized in a haphazard zero-tolerance immigration policy that resulted in nearly 3,000 child separations in 2018.

That night, I photographed 10-year-old Gianna Musolino holding her father’s arm in the most tender and gentle embrace, her arms entwined around his, her head nestled in the soft bend of his elbow. There was no mistaking the comfort and protection she felt under his wing and the pride he felt in providing it.

I thought again about my son, as I have done so many times over these past few months, imagining with deep sadness what it would be like for him to be taken away from us and what it might do to him . How could any parent possibly support a president capable of this?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/03/opinion/trump-rally-maga.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    6 years ago

You would have to be retarded to bring a little kid to a Trump rally. 

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.1  1stwarrior  replied to  JohnRussell @1    6 years ago

Same applies to your side of the fence John.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  1stwarrior @1.1    6 years ago

When you talk about Trump there is no "same". Why are you supporting that asshole? 

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
1.1.2  lennylynx  replied to  1stwarrior @1.1    6 years ago

No First, it doesn't, Hillary and Bernie supporters are not angry half-wits.  The false equivalency crap you guys constantly spew is really getting old.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  lennylynx @1.1.2    6 years ago

Half wits just giving them to much credit, eh?

Okay, we'll go with no-wits.

Better now?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.4  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.3    6 years ago

As time goes on, and trump's total unfitness for the job is completely evident, it may be time to consider those who continue to support Trump to be traitors. He is un-American and supporting him is un-American. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.4    6 years ago

Wow. I can smell the bullshit in that post.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.1.6  1stwarrior  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.1    6 years ago

Don't care WHO he is John - he's the President of the United States - whether you or I like it a bit.

I strongly support the President of the United States - strongly.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.1.7  1stwarrior  replied to  lennylynx @1.1.2    6 years ago

No lenny - they are extremely angry no-wits 'cause they have no wits at'll.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.8  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  1stwarrior @1.1.6    6 years ago

He's not my president. The main characteristic of Donald Trump is that he is an insufferable asshole. It is written all over him with everything he says and all his mannerisms. I am an Irish kid from the tough parts of the south side of Chicago, and I was brought up to never ever admire an asshole. 

I've heard about enough excuses from Trump supporters who want to paper over the mountainous flaws in this man's personality, and in his words and deeds. 

epistte
Junior Guide
1.1.9  epistte  replied to  1stwarrior @1.1.6    6 years ago

That is your choice and I have my own choice not to do so. 

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
1.1.10  lennylynx  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.3    6 years ago

You're absolutely right Tex, witless is more like it.  Thanks buddy! Happy

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.1.11  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.8    6 years ago
I am an Irish kid from the tough parts of the south side of Chicago, and I was brought up to never ever admire an asshole. 

His deplorable base only admires that inflamed asshole because right now it's shitting on everything they hate and that makes them happy. What they don't realize is that assholes are unpredictable and it won't be long before it's shitting on them too. Already the tariffs are taking their toll on those farmers and manufacturing workers who voted for him. 

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
1.1.13  Skrekk  replied to  1stwarrior @1.1.6    6 years ago

I'm not surprised at all.

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
1.1.14  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.8    6 years ago
He's not my president.

When did you emigrate?

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.1.15  Jack_TX  replied to  lennylynx @1.1.2    6 years ago
Bernie supporters are not angry half-wits.

There is substantial evidence to refute this statement.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.1.16  Jack_TX  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.8    6 years ago
He's not my president.

Have you renounced your citizenship and emigrated?

If not...then yeah....he actually IS your president.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.17  Tessylo  replied to  lennylynx @1.1.2    6 years ago

I'm not so sure about the Bernie supporters Lenny.  

96WS6
Junior Quiet
1.1.18  96WS6  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.8    6 years ago
He is not my president

Feel free to share this with others that suffer from your condition.

not my president.jpg

lib50
Professor Silent
1.1.19  lib50  replied to  1stwarrior @1.1.6    6 years ago

Until he cowers before Putin and refuses to acknowledge Russian malfeasance in our elections.  Putin obviously has leverage over Trump, why the hell would any patriotic American choose Russia over the USA?  Because that is exactly what Trumpubs are doing.  I must ask you to recall your support for Obama during his 8 years as president and how the gop and their supporters treated him.  Is it coming back to you now?

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
1.1.20  Jack_TX  replied to  lib50 @1.1.19    6 years ago
Until he cowers before Putin

It's a concern.  Before you know it, Russia will annex the Crimea.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.1.21  1stwarrior  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.8    6 years ago

So, you admit to not being an American citizen, right?

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.1.22  1stwarrior  replied to  Skrekk @1.1.13    6 years ago

Yeah - U. S. Citizens are like that, especially if they're PROUD to be U. S. Citizens.

lib50
Professor Silent
1.1.23  lib50  replied to  Jack_TX @1.1.20    6 years ago
Before you know it, Russia will annex the Crimea.

And they've already 'annexed'  Trump and his base and have successfully implemented Make Russia Great Again, with multiple wins already as the US is weaker internationally and nationally.  Yep, Putin is pleased with his puppet.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.1.24  1stwarrior  replied to  Skrekk @1.1.13    6 years ago

Coming from you??  Nothing else was expected.

nightwalker
Sophomore Silent
1.1.26  nightwalker  replied to  1stwarrior @1.1.6    6 years ago

Hmmm, seems to me I remember a LOT of conservatives screaming "he's not MY President" when Obama was elected, along with some "clever" political wags who said "we won't work with this man."

I'm sure McConnell and his righteous crew would have loved to call him something besides a man, or at least add some descriptive words in there. It certainly expressed their respect to the man in office and the office itself.

Some people seem to have short and selective memories. Surprise, surprise.

nightwalker
Sophomore Silent
1.1.27  nightwalker  replied to  1stwarrior @1.1.7    6 years ago

Wow. Come up with that all by yourself?

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.1.28  1stwarrior  replied to  lib50 @1.1.19    6 years ago

You have no idea how I reacted to Obama as President.

lib50
Professor Silent
1.1.29  lib50  replied to  1stwarrior @1.1.28    6 years ago
You have no idea how I reacted to Obama as President.

I've seen your comments about him, so please feel free to tell us how you really feel if different.   You do realize people are able to glean what you think by the things you say?  If you aren't reflecting your truth, better figure out why the disconnect.  But it is a fact that most Trump supporters were Obama haters, obstructors and birthers.  Apologies if you really reacted differently than the rest of the republicans. 

TruettCollins
Freshman Silent
1.1.30  TruettCollins  replied to  1stwarrior @1.1.6    6 years ago

You see that is your problem. You support the man ignoring that it is the office that deserves our respect and support, not a man who belittles the office.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1.1.31  1stwarrior  replied to  TruettCollins @1.1.30    6 years ago

Pretty much what I said.  Glad you see that.

"the President of the United States" is an office.  Trump is the President.  Obama was the President.  Bush was the President.  Clinton was the President.  Bush was the President.

Get it?

Now, if I were to say "I support Donald Trump as President of the United States" - then you'd have a point.

I didn't - you don't.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.2  cjcold  replied to  JohnRussell @1    6 years ago

I'd call that child abuse.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.4  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @1    6 years ago

I wouldn't take kids to this

Dj9_vTeUYAIYJGw.jpg

nightwalker
Sophomore Silent
1.4.1  nightwalker  replied to  JohnRussell @1.4    6 years ago

I can see your problem, you think trumpism is political, when it's actually a religion so of course you take your kids to church.

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
2  lennylynx    6 years ago

Child abuse...What kind of a monster would fill his kid's heart with hate like that?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  lennylynx @2    6 years ago

What kind of a monster would fill his kid's heart with hate like that?

The parents wearing the white hoods have been doing it for decades.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
2.1.1  Skrekk  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @2.1    6 years ago

You've got to be taught
To hate and fear,
You've got to be taught
From year to year,
It's got to be drummed
In your dear little ear
You've got to be carefully taught.

You've got to be taught to be afraid
Of people whose eyes are oddly made,
And people whose skin is a diff'rent shade,
You've got to be carefully taught.

You've got to be taught before it's too late,
Before you are six or seven or eight,
To hate all the people your relatives hate,
You've got to be carefully taught!

96WS6
Junior Quiet
2.2  96WS6  replied to  lennylynx @2    6 years ago
Child abuse...What kind of a monster would fill his kid's heart with hate like that?

Ask nearly any K-12, middle, high school, teacher or any professor at Berkeley. 

epistte
Junior Guide
2.2.1  epistte  replied to  96WS6 @2.2    6 years ago
Ask nearly any K-12, middle, high school, teacher or any professor at Berkeley. 

Do you have a problem with empirical knowledge, critical thinking skills, and intelligence?  Would you rather they pray about solving differential calculus and physics problems or should they ask a political donor what their preferred solution is? 

Ender
Professor Principal
3  Ender    6 years ago
They want us to be good little boys now so
we can fight some war for them in the future.

1:29:45

Some war they'll decide on.
We'd rather fight our own war right now.

1:29:49

Brian, we're talking about boys so young
they haven't got hair one between their legs.

1:29:54

That's never been
any qualification for a soldier.

1:29:58

Good Christ! 

1:30:00
The final stage of any mobilisation
is the children, the seed corn.

1:30:06
What in God's name did they teach you
in here? What did they turn you into?

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
4  Bob Nelson    6 years ago

A boy wants his father's approval. If a boy sees his father shouting vile hatred, then he will do the same... and soon that vile hatred is installed.

Despicable father!

Silent_Hysteria
Freshman Silent
5  Silent_Hysteria    6 years ago

I guess thy could be taken to parades and get an eye full on the left?  Or perhaps a nice BLM riot where hatred towards police is taught?  

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
5.1  Bob Nelson  replied to  Silent_Hysteria @5    6 years ago
I guess thy could be taken to parades and get an eye full on the left?

So... for you... sexuality is leftist?

Wow.......

Silent_Hysteria
Freshman Silent
5.1.1  Silent_Hysteria  replied to  Bob Nelson @5.1    6 years ago

deleted

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
5.1.2  Bob Nelson  replied to  Silent_Hysteria @5.1.1    6 years ago
Removed for context

Do you really completely confound your politics and your sexuality? Really?

Yikes!  stunned

Silent_Hysteria
Freshman Silent
5.1.3  Silent_Hysteria  replied to  Bob Nelson @5.1.2    6 years ago

Deleted

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1.4  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Silent_Hysteria @5.1.3    6 years ago

This is all off topic. 

Silent_Hysteria
Freshman Silent
5.1.5  Silent_Hysteria  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1.4    6 years ago

You're right.  Sorry.  

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Silent_Hysteria @5    6 years ago

That poor little boy must be thinking "OMG! Is that what mine will end up looking like!?!"

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
5.2.1  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @5.2    6 years ago

LOL

epistte
Junior Guide
5.3  epistte  replied to  Silent_Hysteria @5    6 years ago
I guess thy could be taken to parades and get an eye full on the left?  Or perhaps a nice BLM riot where hatred towards police is taught?  

Like this cop?

An Arkansas police department said they fired an officer on Wednesday after he was captured in a viral video telling a group of black men they “don’t belong in my city.” 

England, Ark., resident Demarcus Bunch on Tuesday shared footage of the July 21 incident to his Facebook page. The video, which has since picked up traction on social media, shows Bunch and his cousin, Shannon Scribner, being approached by Officer Mike Moore.

Bunch told a local CBS affiliate  the two were filming a part of a music video when Moore, who is white, slowed down and parked near them in his patrol vehicle until their crew collected their items and headed to their final shooting location.

“I was wondering, ‘Why is he doing this?'” Bunch told the outlet. “We’re in small England. Everybody knows everybody.” 

bugsy
Professor Participates
6  bugsy    6 years ago

Seeder, I have challenged you many, many times to provide proof of any of your claims of your seeds, and you have always failed to do so. Here is another opportunity to this seed only.

Point out one part of this rally where there was anger. Not your anger because you don't like Trump, but anger coming from those at the rally that you disapprove of bringing children to.

Otherwise, it is proof that you hate this President for no other reason than he is not named Hillary.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
6.1  Bob Nelson  replied to  bugsy @6    6 years ago

It's an opinion piece.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  bugsy @6    6 years ago
Otherwise, it is proof that you hate this President for no other reason than he is not named Hillary.

I dislike Trump because he is an asshole. You are the one who has an opinion of him that is based on him not being Hillary, not me. 

bugsy
Professor Participates
6.2.1  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2    6 years ago

So what if he is an asshole? If that is the biggest thing you can think of to not like him, on top of your "he lies" forever mantra, then may I suggest you get out and see what is really going on in this world. Many millions of Americans think he is doing a great job leading this country and don't care that he is an asshole.

Like several posters said before me.....we feel for your health John. Being full of hate for one man, one man that takes up your whole being, is unhealthful. I sincerely hope you get well.

Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו
Junior Participates
6.2.2  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  bugsy @6.2.1    6 years ago
So what if he is an asshole?

He's that, all right, but that's the least of what he is.  He's a criminal and he employed criminal tactics during his campaign and he's committed crimes ever since trying to obstruct the investigation into the original crimes.  

bugsy
Professor Participates
6.2.3  bugsy  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @6.2.2    6 years ago
He's a criminal and he employed criminal tactics during his campaign and he's committed crimes ever since trying to obstruct the investigation into the original crimes.  

You might want to tell Mueller of your findings because, obviously, he hasn't seen it yet. Maybe your "crystal" ball is broken?

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
6.2.4  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @6.2.2    6 years ago
he employed criminal tactics during his campaign and he's committed crimes

And of the two main competitors for the position can you say did not commit the same???

lib50
Professor Silent
6.2.5  lib50  replied to  bugsy @6.2.1    6 years ago
So what if he is an asshole? If that is the biggest thing you can think of to not like him, on top of your "he lies" forever mantra, then may I suggest you get out and see what is really going on in this world. Many millions of Americans think he is doing a great job leading this country and don't care that he is an asshole.

So some of don't like lying racist bully assholes who don't know squat about the job they got.  And as someone who actually has lived outside this country and knows people across the world,  most of the world agrees with me.  As so a majority of Americans.   My conscience and sense of righteousness won't allow me to pretend this behavior is ok and worth a political gain.  And I do have to wonder what allows you to believe and support a person who literally lies multiple times per day, every single day about the most important issues and about the most inane things.  Anything and everything.  do I even need to bring up his cowardice with Putin?  Treason no longer a problem for you either?

nightwalker
Sophomore Silent
6.3  nightwalker  replied to  bugsy @6    6 years ago

Did you see the pics in 4.1? Do they look like they're cheering at a basketball game?

trump and his 29% LOVE to hate, because to hate someone or something you have to be SUPERIOR to them or it. By hating everything and everyone they feel they are the superior elite, how cool can you get?

Without that hate they're NOTHING and they know it deep in their hearts. The only way they feel anything is by hating and screaming as a group it gives them the illusion that they are so much smarter and superior to all, but it lasts only as long as they're hating so they make stuff up to be angry over it doesn't have to have anything to do with reality.

And the fear. If you hate them, they must hate you back. ALL of them must be hating you back. What a life, hate and fear.

Soooo hate, scream, jump up and down, turn red, have a heart attack, HOLD ON TO THOSE OLD HATE VALUES, or else fade away like the ghosts of history they are, beings of no particular importance who never contributed anything good or special or even noteworthy.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
7  KDMichigan    6 years ago
I thought again about my son, as I have done so many times over these past few months, imagining with deep sadness what it would be like for him to be taken away from us and what it might do to him. How could any parent possibly support a president capable of this?

Well Don't commit any crimes and I'm sure the dumbass snowflake who wrote this opinion article won't get his child ripped from his arms. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
9  Sean Treacy    6 years ago

The only thing worse would be any left wing demonstration, where’s there more anger and more crazy. Plus they smell.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
10  Colour Me Free    6 years ago
One of the most poignant photos from that time was of a boy, dressed as a fledgling Trump, in the front row of a rally with his father in Grand Junction, Colo., just two weeks before the election. Together, they chanted, “Lock her up, lock her up!” The father beamed with pride. Vitriol sputtered from his son Jaden’s mouth.

I do not buy it, I see no anger .. staged photo or taken out of context - no one visible in the photo is chanting lock her up.  The boys face reminds me of a friend of my oldest son .. his face is very animated .. bet the boy in this photo can do a great pirate face!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
10.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Colour Me Free @10    6 years ago

Would you take a 10 year old to a Trump rally? 

Silent_Hysteria
Freshman Silent
10.1.1  Silent_Hysteria  replied to  JohnRussell @10.1    6 years ago

Yes.  Why not?  People take kids to political rallies all the time.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
10.1.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Silent_Hysteria @10.1.1    6 years ago

Donald Trump is a pathological liar who is mentally disturbed. This is barely even in doubt any more. You would actually take kids to this bizarre spectacle? 

Silent_Hysteria
Freshman Silent
10.1.3  Silent_Hysteria  replied to  JohnRussell @10.1.2    6 years ago

Lol.  Hillary was a pathological liar too.  Mrs "public and private position" is just in a more presentable package.  Is that the issue?  You want trump to lie nicer?  Instead of being so brash you want him to call half of all democrats deplorables? 

Democrats don't have an issue as big as they make it with Trump.  They are just mad it isn't their pathological liar in place.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
10.1.5  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Silent_Hysteria @10.1.3    6 years ago

No one, not even her far right enemies, ever cataloged 6000 lies by Hillary Clinton. Claiming an equivalency between Trump and Clinton in terms of their lying is nothing but right wing bamboozling and gaslighting. Nothing compares to trump's level of lying. Nothing. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
10.1.6  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to    6 years ago

Your posts are a good substitute for sleep aid pills. 

Silent_Hysteria
Freshman Silent
10.1.7  Silent_Hysteria  replied to  JohnRussell @10.1.5    6 years ago

So now you want to move the goal post to how much lying?  Liar is a liar.  She knowingly lies as well.  "They attacked because of a video!"...

Again.  Let's be honest.  People are just mad their liar isn't in office.  I don't recall many upset over Obamas lies.  

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
10.1.11  Colour Me Free  replied to  JohnRussell @10.1    6 years ago

I personally would not, because I myself would not be attending … yet I see no reason not to if that is what others choose to do, not for me to judge how other raise their children.

I have been around more than a couple 10 year old boys, unless they are raised in a convent setting - no TV, games. no computer and no friends from the outside world .. they have already been exposed to anger, lies .. etcetera, as a part of daily life (sad really)

bugsy
Professor Participates
10.1.12  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @10.1    6 years ago

I would. It is healthy to get young Americans involved in how this country elects leaders.

If the next democrat nominee adapts the same tactic as Trump did and does, would you take that same 10 year old to the democrat's rally?

I hate to say this, but I think you would have no problem doing it.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
10.1.13  MrFrost  replied to    6 years ago

Hillary isn't the POTUS, trump is...

Hillary lies ~38% of the time, trump lies well over 80% of the time. When it comes to lying? Hillary is an amateur compared to trump. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
10.1.15  MrFrost  replied to  bugsy @10.1.12    6 years ago

bugsy
Professor Participates
10.1.16  bugsy  replied to  MrFrost @10.1.15    6 years ago

That is your opinion of what he said...nothing more. It is also more than 2 years oldm BEFORE Trump was elected.

Now, how do you spin this.....

This is only a few of the more than 500 threats/attacks from the left against the right SINCE Trump was elected.

I'm sure you think of these as "standing up to the meanie" instead of violent acts of violence.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
10.1.17  Dismayed Patriot  replied to    6 years ago
Why did supposedly responsible parents take their kids to Hillary rallies?

Was Hillary credibly accused of 19 sexual assaults? Has she admitted on tape when she sees a man she's attracted to she "doesn't even wait" and just grabs them by the dick? No? Well I guess you're comparing apples to orangutans then.

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
10.1.18  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  JohnRussell @10.1.5    6 years ago
ever cataloged 6000 lies by Hillary Clinton

That's because that number would just scratch the surface...and we don't count them because it would take too long! I don't know about you, but I don't have YEARS to spend going through all the news reports, interviews, and public statements to count hem all. And that is just the PROVEN ones, not the allegations!

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
10.1.19  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @10.1.17    6 years ago
Was Hillary credibly accused of 19 sexual assaults

No, only one against a child that I know of. Her forte' appears to be burying them for her husband...and probably herself too!

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
10.1.20  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @10.1.19    6 years ago
No, only one against a child that I know of.

I said "credibly" accused, not whack-a-doodle Cathy "I was mind controlled by the CIA" O'brien accused. 

"According to O'Brien, under hypnosis she was able to recall memories of sexual abuse — of both herself and her daughter — by international pedophile rings, drug barons, and satanists, who allegedly used a form of "trauma based mind control programming" to make her a sex slave". 

"According to scholars, there is no credible evidence for O'Brien's claims and there are numerous inconsistencies with her story."

I think I'll stick with believing scholars to believing an attention seeking nut job claiming hidden memories under hypnosis who has zero evidence of any of her claims.

In case you've forgoten here is the list of credible Trump accusers:

Jessica Leeds “He was like an octopus … His hands were everywhere.”

Jill Harth “He pushed me up against the wall, and had his hands all over me and tried to get up my dress again.”

Kristen Anderson "He did touch my vagina through my underwear."

Lisa Boyne “[Trump] stuck his head right underneath their skirts.”

Cathy Heller “He took my hand, and grabbed me, and went for the lips.”

Temple Taggart “He kissed me directly on the lips."

Mariah Billado (teen at time of incident in dressing room with girls as young as 15 undressing) "I remember putting on my dress really quick because I was like, 'Oh my God, there’s a man in here."

Karena Virginia "Then his hand touched the right side of my breast. I was in shock."

Bridget Sullivan

Tasha Dixon

Melinda Mcgillivray

Jennifer Murphy

Rachel Crooks

Natasha Stoynoff

Ninni Laaksonen

Jessica Drake

Samantha Holvey

Summer Zervos

Cassandra Searle

stopped posting their quotes since I ran out of time there were so many.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
10.1.21  MrFrost  replied to  bugsy @10.1.16    6 years ago

How is that an opinion of what he said? That makes no sense at all. It's on fucking video, he said what he said, it's not an "opinion".. 

Here, you need this...

thefivestagesoftrumpism1itsatotallie25600875.png

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
10.1.24  Jack_TX  replied to  JohnRussell @10.1    6 years ago
Would you take a 10 year old to a Trump rally? 

The same reason you take a 10-year-old girl to a "women's march" to protest democracy.  The same reason you attempt to "occupy" Wall Street or anything else.  The same reason you show up to start a fight over a statue that's about to be taken down anyway.  The same reason you blockade an interstate highway attempting to deny the Constitutional rights of your fellow Americans.  The same reason you tell everybody "Black Lives Matter", when you clearly don't give a shit about them

Bad judgment.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
10.1.25  Dismayed Patriot  replied to    6 years ago
Absolutely none of them are credible....in my opinion.

What evidence do you have that any of them are lying? Did any of them claim the CIA abducted them and mid control raped them? Do any of them have histories of being liars? Or is it just that you can't imagine your hero Trump doing exactly what he admitted to on tape and "doesn't even wait" for consent before he just grabs women he finds attractive by their genitals? As you know, opinions are like assholes, everyone got one, and your opinion about his accusers happens to be especially stinky. I could see sticking your head in the sand for one or two, maybe even three accusers who have nothing to gain and everything to lose by making the accusation, but 19? You have to do some serious mental gymnastics (or not care about sexual assault of women) to get past all 19 of them. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
10.1.26  MrFrost  replied to    6 years ago

I did, open the link. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.1.27  Tessylo  replied to  Silent_Hysteria @10.1.1    6 years ago

I'm sure those kids at the Rump's 'rallies' just love seeing those folks give the media the finger - those 'fake news' mongers.  I'm sure they love to hear the death threats to the reporters.  

lib50
Professor Silent
10.1.28  lib50  replied to  Silent_Hysteria @10.1.7    6 years ago
I don't recall many upset over Obamas lies.

Oh, please give us that link.   Which you can't, because that is a LIE.  As is the Hillary accusation.  LIES.  NOBODY LIES AS MUCH AS TRUMP, so give it the fuck up.  He wins the Biggest Liar award.

Silent_Hysteria
Freshman Silent
10.1.29  Silent_Hysteria  replied to  lib50 @10.1.28    6 years ago

About things he lied about?   What about when he denied that the NSA was collecting texts, phone calls, etc on American citizens?  Then Snowden revealed everything you do is collected?  Then he just kept expanding the NSA a surveillance 

he also denied doing the same thing to allies around the world and we found out we spied on all our allies leaders.  Although that one doesn't bother me.  I would expect we have spy's and surveillance in every country

and are you seriously denying Hillary was caught in lies?  Mrs "personal and private opinion"?  Lmao.  I already pointed out one where she lied about the Benghazi attack being because of that dumb Moohammed video.  The Wikileaks clearly showed she knew day one it had nothing to do with it.  She told CC in email

lib50
Professor Silent
10.1.30  lib50  replied to  Silent_Hysteria @10.1.29    6 years ago

Read what I wrote.  Nobody lies like Trump.  This is not normal, this is not acceptable.  He literally lies about things we've just witnessed, let alone about things that can be proven as lies immediately.  If you don't see a difference, that's a problem.

nightwalker
Sophomore Silent
10.1.31  nightwalker  replied to  Silent_Hysteria @10.1.3    6 years ago

Ahhhh you're just soooo clever, you know EXACTLY what everyone else thinks.  You shoulda been a shoe salesman, you'd know what everyone would want which is the same shoe YOU want.

Get a grip and watch some REAL news for a while, there's been no protest marches, no violence, nobody even talking loud because Clinton wasn't what the Russians wanted.

Too bad too, I'm sure you enjoy that story.

Happy

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
10.1.32  lennylynx  replied to    6 years ago

Hillary IS boring, absolutely, she totally lacks the charisma that her husband and President Obama had.  Hillary is a lousy campaigner but would have made a good President.  Trump is a great campaigner and we are all witnessing how he is as a president.

Silent_Hysteria
Freshman Silent
10.1.33  Silent_Hysteria  replied to  nightwalker @10.1.31    6 years ago

Deleted

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
10.1.34  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @10.1.20    6 years ago
"According to O'Brien, under hypnosis she was able to recall memories of sexual abuse — of both herself and her daughter — by international pedophile rings, drug barons, and satanists, who allegedly used a form of trauma based mind control programming" to make her a sex slave".

Yeah, no such thing ever occurred here...

I think I'll stick with believing scholars to believing an attention seeking nut job claiming hidden memories under hypnosis who has zero evidence of any of her claims.

Yeah, we know that scholars and scientist can never be corrupted by Government don't we???

“If government scientists had merely done a bad job, then their results would have been all over the place,” notes Sills. “But all those wrong findings pointed in just one direction—that Vietnam vets weren’t harmed by these chemicals. This couldn’t have been a coincidence. And if the research provided any evidence that veterans might be at risk, they were still publicly described as proving that there was no danger. Also, one study showing increased birth defects in the children of potentially exposed veterans was simply kept secret.”

Just one example of many... Unfortunately, you don't want to believe that your "scientists" and " scholars " are corruptible.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
10.1.35  Thrawn 31  replied to  JohnRussell @10.1    6 years ago

No because its stupid. I don't even waste my own time going to political rallies or events, why would I waste a kid's? 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
11  Tacos!    6 years ago
imagining with deep sadness

This might be what the Left does best these days.

PJ
Masters Quiet
12  PJ    6 years ago

Those who support him love his hate, his racism, his misogyny, his ignorance, his bigotry.  

Trump is the epiphany of the Trump supporter.  He has set their true identities free and they scream and applaud him.  

MrFrost
Professor Expert
12.1  MrFrost  replied to  PJ @12    6 years ago

Yep, and at every rally, (aka, "I need people to stroke my pathetic ego" events), he just spits out the same rhetoric and his base goes wild. The wall, immigration, etc... same old BS. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
12.2  Greg Jones  replied to  PJ @12    6 years ago

Sounds like you're just making stuff up. If he was that bad, he couldn't have gotten elected.

PJ
Masters Quiet
12.2.1  PJ  replied to  Greg Jones @12.2    6 years ago

As I said, Trump is the epiphany of the average Trump supporter.   Look in the mirror and then look at him.  As far as what "that bad" means.  I guess we will agree that it's subjective. 

My definition of "that bad" is being racist, misogynistic, bigoted, a liar, a cheater in business, having extra marital affairs, multi marriages, grabbing pussies, having creepy feelings towards your daughter, making fun of disabled people, using your charity foundation to pay for your lifestyle, using your position as President to profit, sowing discord between American citizens......

Apparently none of these things are "that bad" to you.

So, we've circled back to Trump is a representative of who his supporters are and who his supporters WANT to be.

bugsy
Professor Participates
12.2.2  bugsy  replied to  PJ @12.2.1    6 years ago

I would probably consider this a sweeping generalization since you believe that EVERYBODY that voted for Trump is what you describe, no matter the lack of proof you have.

Does that mean we can classify all Hillary voters as thieves, liars, panderers, non indicted felons, etc, no matter the proof?

Sounds like, to you, we can.

PJ
Masters Quiet
12.2.3  PJ  replied to  bugsy @12.2.2    6 years ago

I don't care what you want to label Hilary Clinton supporters.  I'm not one.  If you think it's a sweeping generalization than flag it (if you haven't already).

Why be offended or upset if you are proud of how Mr. Trump is representing you and your issues.  

bugsy
Professor Participates
12.2.4  bugsy  replied to  PJ @12.2.3    6 years ago

Here are my issues..

I want a strong and secure border..Trump is doing that.

I want to decide where the money I earn goes..Trump is doing that with tax cuts

I want a strong leader that will stand up to other country leaders and get what is best for the US and the other country, not just the other country...Trump is doing that

I want a strong military that will be able to thwart any and all threats...Trump is doing that

This is a list of just a few of my issues. None of them have anything to do with racism, misogyny, hatred, or whatever label you want to put on me. Your sweeping generalizations only show that you have no idea who conservatives are, only what the media and far left groups you follow tell you.

You have been had...

PJ
Masters Quiet
12.2.5  PJ  replied to  bugsy @12.2.4    6 years ago

Bugsy - I wish you much luck and I'm glad you're happy with how the President is representing you.  

bugsy
Professor Participates
12.2.6  bugsy  replied to  bugsy @12.2.4    6 years ago

BTW...I am married to an Asian woman. My half Filipino son is married to a Japanese woman and they have two American/Filipino/Japanese kids. I guess you still believe that I am racist just because you think Trump is.

Really sad...

bugsy
Professor Participates
12.2.7  bugsy  replied to  PJ @12.2.5    6 years ago
happy with how the President is representing you.

Nice veiled personal attack...but you knew that.

PJ
Masters Quiet
12.2.8  PJ  replied to  bugsy @12.2.7    6 years ago

What the hell are you talking about?!!  I was trying to end our conversation on a positive note with no hard feelings.  

Wow - go away.

The last thing I want to be is mean to someone I've enjoyed past conversations with.  I remember when you first joined here and I welcomed you.  Looks like another on line relationship has been ruined.  Face Palm

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
12.2.9  lennylynx  replied to  bugsy @12.2.7    6 years ago

Attack??  Trump represents all Americans, doesn't he?  He's supposed to.  He's the President!  Why would you take that as an attack, especially since you actually support Trump?

bugsy
Professor Participates
12.2.10  bugsy  replied to  PJ @12.2.8    6 years ago

OK, my apologies. You have been saying that Trump represents those with the same feelings as him, then went on to list a bunch of isms. That is how I took the "how he is representing you" comment.

I'm happy to end with a good note. Have a good evening.

bugsy
Professor Participates
12.2.11  bugsy  replied to  lennylynx @12.2.9    6 years ago

Lenny...don't start. I apologized for misunderstanding. You don't need to chime in.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
12.2.12  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  PJ @12.2.1    6 years ago
My definition of "that bad" is being racist, misogynistic, bigoted, a liar, a cheater in business, having extra marital affairs, multi marriages, grabbing pussies, having creepy feelings towards your daughter, making fun of disabled people, using your charity foundation to pay for your lifestyle, using your position as President to profit, sowing discord between American citizens......

Apparently none of these things are "that bad" to you.

So, we've circled back to Trump is a representative of who his supporters are and who his supporters WANT to be.

Very well put PJ.

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
12.2.13  lennylynx  replied to  bugsy @12.2.11    6 years ago

I chimed before you apologized! Happy

I'm not sorry for chiming though, you righties have a lot of nerve calling US snowflakes...

bugsy
Professor Participates
12.2.14  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @12.2.12    6 years ago

I will quote the biggest whiner on here, so don't be offended...

"The CoC does not allow me to respond the way I want to".

PJ
Masters Quiet
12.2.15  PJ  replied to  bugsy @12.2.10    6 years ago

Me too.  I'm glad we remain on good terms with each other.  It will come in handy when we move on to our next argument.  devil

bugsy
Professor Participates
12.2.16  bugsy  replied to  lennylynx @12.2.13    6 years ago

Your first sentence I am good. Everything else I'm not bothering with.

Have a good night, Lenny.

Ender
Professor Principal
12.2.17  Ender  replied to  bugsy @12.2.4    6 years ago

Sorry to jump in here, just a few things I don't get.

I want a strong and secure border..Trump is doing that.

Most of the so called illegals are people that have over stayed their visas, nothing to do with a border.

I want to decide where the money I earn goes..Trump is doing that with tax cuts

I don't know what to make of this. Tax cuts or not, we don't decide how the money is spent. The cuts were also disproportionately geared toward the wealthy.

I want a strong leader that will stand up to other country leaders and get what is best for the US and the other country, not just the other country...Trump is doing that

How is he helping us in that respect? He is putting down our true allies, sucking up to putin, got nowhere with NK, after pulling out of the agreement with Iran basically ignores them. Now his tariffs are going to hurt US consumers.

I want a strong military that will be able to thwart any and all threats...Trump is doing that

I didn't know our military was weak before. All he has done is increase spending. After tax cuts and increased spending, I would say increased debt and deficits is more of a weakness than our military.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
12.2.18  Texan1211  replied to  bugsy @12.2.14    6 years ago

LOL!

Good one!

Citizen Kane-473667
Professor Participates
12.2.19  Citizen Kane-473667  replied to  Ender @12.2.17    6 years ago
Most of the so called illegals are people that have over stayed their visas, nothing to do with a border

It has EVERYTHING to do with a border! It doesn't matter HOW you got here; swam, flew, hiked, or drove in.  The bottom line is that there is indeed a Border between us and the rest of the world. Either you are here legally on THIS side of the Border; or you aren't! If you are--then you are here legally. If you aren't--then you are here ILLEGALLY! How hard is that to comprehend people???? Quit trying to split pubic hairs.

Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו
Junior Participates
12.2.20  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו  replied to  Greg Jones @12.2    6 years ago
If he was that bad, he couldn't have gotten elected.

He didn't. He got electoraled.  Nearly 11 million more voters picked anyone but Scumbag.  

bugsy
Professor Participates
12.2.21  bugsy  replied to  Ender @12.2.17    6 years ago

People who get visas to visit here should be tracked as to where they are residing, with random visits during their stay. This is part of having a secure border.

By having a tax cut, I have more money in my pocket to decide what I want to do with it. Just a hypothetical..If you were one of those wealthy, would you give a crap that you got more than someone else. My guess is no. The wealthy get back more because they make more.

None of what you say about our allies and foes are true, only opinion. Trump has managed to get 48 billion out of our allies, fr more than any of his predecessors...exactly 48 billion more. As far as Putin, that is your opinion. As far as NK, we just received 55 true heroes back to American soil, one of which has already been positively IDd....all without paying a dime. Again, something his predecessors have not been able to do.

The spending increase was so our gutted military can once again be as strong as it was during the 80s. I spent 20 years in the Navy, ending in 2005, and saw firsthand the true demolishing of the military. Every ship that was preparing to go on deployment went to other ships in the harbor asking for supplies from ships not going on or just came back from deployment, including aircraft and helo parts.

Thi President has once again instilled  sense of pride in this country not seen since 9/11. We were able to come together as one then.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
12.2.22  Texan1211  replied to  Atheist יוחנן בן אברהם אבינו @12.2.20    6 years ago

You mean he got the win like every President in your lifetime has?

Wow.

Big news story there!

Ender
Professor Principal
12.2.23  Ender  replied to  Citizen Kane-473667 @12.2.19    6 years ago

There are people that think the whole so called border situation lays only on a wall on the southern border while ignoring all of the situation.

Some think the main crux of the situation is people of Latin origins are strolling across, when that is only a fraction of what is at hand.

Ender
Professor Principal
12.2.24  Ender  replied to  bugsy @12.2.21    6 years ago

Building a wall is nothing more than an expensive feelgood measure.

If you were one of those wealthy, would you give a crap that you got more than someone else. My guess is no. The wealthy get back more because they make more.

I don't even know what this means. If I was wealthy, of course I would make more money than everyone else. I don't know what you mean by get back more as the wealthy should not get back anything. If I was extremely wealthy I would expect to pay a lot more in taxes. The wealthy were not hurting at all before the tax cuts and they are certainly not hurting now.

None of what you say about our allies and foes are true, only opinion

My opinion was formed by listening to other counties. Most do not like trump or his policies. The UK protest against trump looked bigger than any rally's in the US. I have seen the way he treats putin. One would have to be blind not to see trump basically being submissive to him.

What is the 48 billion more?

Thi President has once again instilled  sense of pride in this country not seen since 9/11

Haaha. Wow. Thanks for the laugh.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
12.2.26  A. Macarthur  replied to  Greg Jones @12.2    6 years ago
Sounds like you're just making stuff up. If he was that bad, he couldn't have gotten elected.

Unless of course, 87 million American's had their personal information stolen from social media websites and then were targeted via Russian bots and fed endless lies and propaganda about Trump's opponent …

… so that he won by MINUS 3 MILLION VOTES!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
12.2.27  Texan1211  replied to  A. Macarthur @12.2.26    6 years ago

He won. Period.

This nonsense about the popular vote is some of the stupidest crap I have ever heard.

But here is a suggestion for you for next election:

Run somebody who understands how Presidents are elected.

Or not. 

I'm good either way.

lib50
Professor Silent
12.2.30  lib50  replied to  bugsy @12.2.2    6 years ago
Does that mean we can classify all Hillary voters as thieves, liars, panderers, non indicted felons,

WTF is an 'non indicted felon'?  Sounds like more projecting bug.  Aren't you in that 'nothing to see here' brigade that doesn't want to acknowledge what all of Mueller's indictments, pleas and incarcerations?  Care to reconcile that?

PJ
Masters Quiet
12.2.31  PJ  replied to  Kathleen @12.2.29    6 years ago

Hi Kathleen - I sent you a private note.  I don't like to discuss personal issues on an open forum.   Winking 2

nightwalker
Sophomore Silent
12.2.32  nightwalker  replied to  bugsy @12.2.2    6 years ago

What's different? You already say all that and worse of anybody who isn't in the fold...

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
12.3  Skrekk  replied to  PJ @12    6 years ago
Trump is the epiphany of the Trump supporter.  He has set their true identities free and they scream and applaud him.

I think in general he's set the conservative ID free and neither he or his supporters care how much that harms the country.    But it does expose the nasty underbelly of conservative ideology.

96WS6
Junior Quiet
14  96WS6    6 years ago

How Ironic that our children are literally indoctrinated and brainwashed by liberal ideology their entire life (so they have already been CONTINUOUSLY exposed to intolerance and hate) but try to show them another point or view and you are a monster.  LMFAO!!!!

More proof the new strategy is "if you can't beat them silence them".   Of course, The same folks will tell you they don't try to silence conservatives....(don't pay attention to Berkeley and the likes....nothing to see here...)

Maybe it's time to get politics out of schools along with religion....make it so they can only teach basic ideology of each party just like they do with religion.    If you break the rules you are canned.   Sounds fair to me...Isn't the left still all about fairness?/s

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
15  Thrawn 31    6 years ago

Who would take a kid to a political rally or event of any kind?