S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

AP FACT CHECK: Trump falsely claims economy, jobs best ever

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    6 years ago

Yet his supporters believe every word out of his big fat piehole.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Tessylo @1    6 years ago

A South Carolina television manufacturer blamed President Donald Trump’s tariffs after they were forced to shut down their plant and lay off all of their 126 employees, The State reports.

Element Electronics announced Monday that they will close their Winnsboro plant in response to the tariffs.

The plant closing comes after more than 5,000 construction and manufacturing jobs were lost in the county over the last year.

“When you think you’ve reached rock bottom, to get kicked in the gut like this, you didn’t think anything more could happen,” said state Sen. Mike Fanning, D-Fairfield. “Within 365 days, you just get rocked to your core.”

In a letter to the S.C. Department of Employment and Workforce obtained by The State, Element wrote “ the layoff and closure is a result of the new tariffs that were recently and unexpectedly imposed on many goods imported from China , including the key television components used in our assembly operations in Winnsboro.”

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @1    6 years ago

So the fact that he improved the economy is less important than the fact he likes to embellish his achievements?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2    6 years ago

How did he improve the economy and where the hell did I say anything about embellishing?  You are good at putting words in people's mouths and what achievements?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.2  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2    6 years ago

Uh,

Why is the public so positive about the economy in the first place?

The preferred Republican answer is that Trump has turned the economy around with his brilliant combination of deal-making, tax-cutting, and freeing Job Creators of laborious Obama-era regulation. There is no evidence whatsoever for this widespread claim. Ramesh Ponnuru and Michael Strain, two conservative writers, examine a wide array of economic data, and find the economy is performing no better now than it did in Obama’s second term. Overall economic growth is the same, and job growth is slightly slower. The Trump tax cut is supposed to spur more investment, which would increase incomes over the long run, but there is no sign of any increased investment so far.

Indeed, by the measure people are most likely to feel directly, real wage growth, things have gotten distinctly worse over the last year. David Leonhardt shows that wages have (just barely) failed to keep pace with inflation over the last 12 months:

07-economy-2.nocrop.w710.h2147483647.jpg

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.3  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.2    6 years ago

I have seen this analysis, so often, from different sources, there must be something there. 

We know that Obama created more jobs in the last year or two of his term than Trump has.  And we know that wages have not gone up vs inflation. Unemployment is lower, as part of a trend begun before Trump.

Most people feel that the economy has steadily improved for a few years now. What we have seen is Trump lie about his part in it and there is a faction of the public that believes every word this psychopath says. But is that reality? 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.4  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.3    6 years ago
The last five years saw rates of economic growth, adjusted for inflation, of 2.7, 2.7, 2, 1.8, and 2.6 percent. So the economy grew faster in Trump’s first year in office than it had in 2015 and 2016, but slightly slower than in 2013 and 2014. The economy has created slightly fewer jobs per month over the last two years than it did over the previous two. The unemployment rate has been falling more slowly during Trump’s presidency than it did during the end of Barack Obama’s presidency, too. (Of course, by the time Trump took office, it was already so low it didn’t have all that much room to fall.) The slow wage growth that characterized the recovery from the Great Recession under Obama has continued under Trump.

A recent study confirms the continuity in economic performance. A team of economists looked at the combination of other countries’ economies that most closely mimicked ours in performance between 1995 and 2016. They then looked at how this combination of economies had performed after the 2016 election. The result: No detectible Trump effect, positive or negative. That conclusion feels about right.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.5  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.4    6 years ago

It would possibly be fair for Trump to say that, in the future, if his policies have the intended effect, the economy will boom. 

Evidently it is not fair for him to say it has boomed during his year and a half in office because of him. 

But he's a pathological liar so we have to take that into account. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.6  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.5    6 years ago

from this graph we see that the Dow Jones was 24,824 on Jan 2 , 2018, the start of this year. This is August 7, over seven months later. The Dow Jones closed today at   25,629.   So, so far this year , more than seven months, the stock market has risen 3 percent.  Granted 3 percent is not a loss, it is a gain, but is this the greatest economy of all time? Please. 

When Obama began his second term in January of 2013 the stock market was at   13, 860 . When he left office in Jan of 2017 it was at 19,963.  That is a 44 percent increase in the stock market during Obama's second term. 

If Trump is correct in his beliefs and his policies work as he wants them to he might very well surpass that 44 percent. But he  is not there by a longshot and the stock market has been overall flat this year under Trump. Who knows for sure if he will ever get there?

related

jan18.JPG

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.7  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @1.2.1    6 years ago

Lol, Ok, the economy is not roaring with record unemployment rates for minorities, nor did we just have a second quarter of 4.1% growth, nor has the Stock Market grown at all time highs since the election! /Sar

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.8  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @1.2.2    6 years ago
Why is the public so positive about the economy in the first place?

Actually, John, the public should be far more positive than it is. The question should really be why isn't the President already be at 90% favorable?  And the answer would be that the msm has stopped being a source for news and reporting. Instead it has become part of the Trump resistance and like you paints the President in a negative light all the time.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.9  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.7    6 years ago

Note to President Trump: The stock market has hit an all-time high in 30 of the last 54 months

Washington (CNN) President Donald Trump hasn't hesitated to tout the stock market's new all-time highs in recent days -- but the market's climb over the last decade means record-breaking numbers aren't quite as rare as they might seem.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average made headlines on Wednesday after topping 22,000 points for the first time . And while it's certainly been a strong month for the stock market, it's not unprecedented over the last few years.
In fact, the Dow has reached a new high, on average, once every seven days since fully recovering from the Great Recession in March 2013.
And it's happened under both Trump and former President Barack Obama: The Dow has hit an all-time high in 30 of the last 54 months since fully coming back from the market collapse of 2007-08. And it happened more than 100 times under Obama since 2013.
But Trump took to bragging about the stock market's new high on Wednesday -- the 154th time the Dow achieved a new record since it recovered from the Great Recession and the 32nd time during his young presidency.
close dialog
"I just want to state that, as you probably have noticed, the stock market hit an all-time record high today. Over 22,000," Trump said while unveiling an immigration plan at the White House. "Again, today, the stock market hit the highest level that it has ever been."
In fact, he spent most of July touting the market's new heights -- though it's worth noting March 2013, May 2013, November 2013, November 2014 and December 2016 each had more record-breaking days than occurred over the last month.
He praised the all time high on Twitter on July 2...
...adding it "just hit an all-time high" in a speech in Poland on July 6, and then tweeting it "hits another high" on July 12...
...and a "new all-time high" on July 15...
...and the "Highest Stock Market EVER" on July 31...
"If you look at stock markets -- the highest it's ever been," he said on July 31 after swearing in John Kelly as his new chief of staff. "We have the highest stock market in history," he said later that day in a Cabinet meeting. And Trump added on Twitter on Tuesday it "could hit all-time high (again)."
Indeed, in the eight full or partial months during which Trump has been president, the stock market has soared to new heights in six of them.
But it's happened before in the last few years, including new highs at least once in 11 of the 14 months spanning April 2014 to May 2015 under Obama. And it reached record-breaking heights at least once in 9 of the 10 months from March 2013 to December 2013.
Under Trump, the market has closed at an all-time high on eight days in July and seven days in June after failing to set records in April and May. The Dow closed at record-setting levels about one in four days since Trump took office vs. one in eight days since March 2013 under Obama. (The Dow suffered two significant dips during late 2015 and early 2016.)
Trump also touted more record-breaking numbers in February. "The fake news media doesn't like talking about the economy," Trump said on February 16, during a month that saw 12 record-setting days. "I never see anything about the stock market sets new records every day. I never see it."

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.10  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2.7    6 years ago

The stock market did really well under Trump in his first year. The second year has not been anywhere near that level. Which is why you don't see him talking about the stock market any more. 

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
1.2.11  A. Macarthur  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.2    6 years ago
So the fact that he improved the economy is less important than the fact he likes to embellish his achievements?

THE REALITY!

Comparing that pace to his last nine predecessors over comparable periods in their first terms,   

Trump here bests the four presidents who faced recessions in their first year in office (Barack Obama, George W. Bush, Ronald Reagan and Richard Nixon).

Trump’s other five predecessors came to office, as he did, during economic expansions. Among them, he’s tied for last place : Real GDP growth under Trump over the three quarters has lagged Bill Clinton, Jimmy Carter, Lyndon Johnson and John Kennedy, and tied George H.W. Bush, as the data in the following table shows.

Embellishing a distorted claim is a double lie!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.12  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  A. Macarthur @1.2.11    6 years ago
'So the fact that he improved the economy is less important than the fact he likes to embellish his achievements?'

'THE REALITY!

Comparing that pace to his last nine predecessors over comparable periods in their first terms,   

Trump here bests the four presidents who faced recessions in their first year in office (Barack Obama, George W. Bush, Ronald Reagan and Richard Nixon).

Trump’s other five predecessors came to office, as he did, during economic expansions. Among them, he’s tied for last place : Real GDP growth under Trump over the three quarters has lagged Bill Clinton, Jimmy Carter, Lyndon Johnson and John Kennedy, and tied George H.W. Bush, as the data in the following table shows.

Embellishing a distorted claim is a double lie!'

Thanks again AMac!

Rump is still trying to polish those turds that he drops everywhere.  A gold plated turd is still a turd covered in gold plate.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.2.13  JohnRussell  replied to  A. Macarthur @1.2.11    6 years ago

That is a really good stat AMac. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.14  Vic Eldred  replied to  A. Macarthur @1.2.11    6 years ago

First of all, I thought we had a deal, remember? Second of all, your twisted attempt to detract from a legitimate accomplishment does not address my statement which was a criticism of the premise of the article - namely that Trump's exaggerating is more important that his achievement.

Do you care to address that concept???

96WS6
Junior Quiet
2  96WS6    6 years ago

Better than it ever was when BO was in power.   I'll take it!  It's better than it has been in decades too but that doesn't make a difference to the haters.   It's not nearly as monumental a lie as "you can keep your insurance" or backwards promises of "transparency".   Unintentional lies from dumbasses are no where near as bad as intentional lies by elitists.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
2.1  Bob Nelson  replied to  96WS6 @2    6 years ago

... and you don't care if the President lies?

96WS6
Junior Quiet
2.1.1  96WS6  replied to  Bob Nelson @2.1    6 years ago

yea I cared when BO did it too but I cared a lot more about being lied to about health insurance and transparency than a blow hard that was just trying to make himself look good.

The difference is that Trumps lies are mostly buffoonery while BO's were calculated, intentional, and typically much more damaging.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
2.1.2  Bob Nelson  replied to  96WS6 @2.1.1    6 years ago

deleted

96WS6
Junior Quiet
2.1.3  96WS6  replied to  Bob Nelson @2.1.2    6 years ago

deleted What's that got to do with anything?  deleted

deleted  BTW Trump has already done more for Blacks than BO did his entire presidency.  Have you heard about how low unemployment is among minorities?    I see no evidence BO tried to help black people at all,  All he really did was foment division,    If he was actually trying to help black people, he certainly failed miserably.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
2.1.4  Bob Nelson  replied to  96WS6 @2.1.3    6 years ago

Up is down, cold is hot... and the moon is made of green cheese...

GaJenn78
Sophomore Silent
2.1.5  GaJenn78  replied to  Bob Nelson @2.1.2    6 years ago

It has nothing to do with his color.... I went from having fantastic coverage for about $500 a month with a $1500 deductible with co-pays for doc visits! My daughter needed surgery and thankfully it was during the time before ACA, otherwise it would have cost us $7500, instead, it cost us $500. Now my monthly is $1200 a month for a family of 5, no co pays, and I have a $6500 deductible PER family member before benefits kick in.... The only thing we get is preventive care..... If my girls get strep, I have to pay almost $200 just to get her tested plus the cost of antibiotics before that, I had a co pay of $25..... Do any of you not see a problem with this????? Medicaid has always been there for people in need. This "new" healthcare BS has screwed me..... the "middle class", but I'm so OVERJOYED that Becca, and Hayley are able to get their BC for free..... and their doc visits..... Me, my husband, and daughters get screwed...... YOU'RE FUCKING WELCOME.  

96WS6
Junior Quiet
2.1.6  96WS6  replied to  GaJenn78 @2.1.5    6 years ago

It seldom does have anything to do with color.  Some people's only debate strategy is to accuse racism or personally attack their opponent when they have no more facts and/or brains left to argue with and they know they are losing the debate..  I'ts a sure fire way to tell who won. winking

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.7  Vic Eldred  replied to  Bob Nelson @2.1.4    6 years ago
Up is down, cold is hot... and the moon is made of green cheese...

Yup, that is your mantra!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.8  Vic Eldred  replied to  Bob Nelson @2.1.2    6 years ago

And that was always the defense of Obama!.  In other words he can't be criticized or challenged or apparently even asked a difficult question - because he was black!  He is in a special super bubble!

And that is the left's idea of equality!!!!

cjcold
Professor Quiet
2.1.9  cjcold  replied to  Bob Nelson @2.1.4    6 years ago

All of NASA's supposed moon missions were faked. /s 

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
2.1.10  Bob Nelson  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1.8    6 years ago
In other words he can't be criticized or challenged or apparently even asked a difficult question - because he was black!

That's silly.

I was always an Obama critic. He was too far right. He was not combative enough. He was a Rockefeller Republican.

The thing is... My criticism of Obama was based on things that he actually did do, or on things that he obviously should have done but did not do. I never made stuff up. The right should be profoundly grateful to Obama for having passively allowed the right to put a permanent lock on the Supreme Court, and thus probably on the whole country.

At my harshest, I would say that history will remember Obama as the man who did nothing while the country slid into fascism.

That's not exactly "can't be criticized or challenged... because he was black"...

But what I actually have always thought and said is of no importance to you, is it, Vic?

You aren't interested in what "I" say.

I've observed this phenomenon before in other online warriors: you are not conversing with me. You are conversing with a straw-man that you have constructed.

When you are totally, completely wrong about what I have always said, it isn't simply a mistake, nor even lying. Because what I have always said in real-world reality is of no importance, next to what your straw-man says.

You are talking to yourself. It's much easier to "win the debate", when you take both sides!

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
2.1.11  Bob Nelson  replied to  cjcold @2.1.9    6 years ago

QAnon!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1.12  Vic Eldred  replied to  Bob Nelson @2.1.10    6 years ago
He was too far right.

Let us not forget, next to you everyone is to the right.

My criticism of Obama was based on things that he actually did do, or on things that he obviously should have done but did not do. 

That is the one thing both Barak Obama and Donald Trump have in common - they fully intended to keep their promises. One sought to "transform" America and the other sought to "make America great again". Beyond the slogans, both initiated the policies they promised.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  96WS6 @2    6 years ago
'Better than it ever was when BO was in power.'

FALSE

96WS6
Junior Quiet
2.2.1  96WS6  replied to  Tessylo @2.2    6 years ago

Links please

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  96WS6 @2.2.1    6 years ago

You made the claim.  You support it.  

GaJenn78
Sophomore Silent
2.2.3  GaJenn78  replied to  Tessylo @2.2    6 years ago

BS..... I'm glad you're better off, but working Americans, like myself are not..... Like I said earlier.... "You're welcome", we are going without affordable  so you can have.... Again, You're, welcome

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.4  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  GaJenn78 @2.2.3    6 years ago

I never thanked you for anything in the first place.  Where did I say I was better off than you or anyone else?  You're not paying for anything that I have.  

I have no clue what you're talking about.  

I'm a working American.

Are you implying that I don't work and that you're paying my way?  

GaJenn78
Sophomore Silent
2.2.5  GaJenn78  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.4    6 years ago

No I'm not.... and I wasn't implying you as a person.... I apologize. I also owe you an apology for being a bitch on your seed a couple weeks ago. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.6  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  GaJenn78 @2.2.5    6 years ago

I accept.  I don't even remember that seed so no harm done.   

96WS6
Junior Quiet
2.2.7  96WS6  replied to  Tessylo @2.2.2    6 years ago

It's True.    

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.8  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  96WS6 @2.2.7    6 years ago

What's true??????????

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.2.9  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  96WS6 @2.2.1    6 years ago

Where are your links?

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.3  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  96WS6 @2    6 years ago
Better than it ever was when BO was in power. 

Except it's not as the article points out. Growth is only the best it's been in four years, that's right, we had several 4%+ growth quarters under Obama.

"And while economists have been surprised to see employers add 215,000 jobs a month this year, a healthy increase, employers in fact added jobs at a faster pace in 2014 and 2015." ...when Obama was President.

Obama cut unemployment by 10%. Donald Trump has over seen a drop of just 0.8%.

And as it points out, when adjusted for inflation "hourly pay for non-managers — about 80 percent of the workforce — fell 0.2 percent" and is still falling.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
2.4  A. Macarthur  replied to  96WS6 @2    6 years ago
Better than it ever was when BO was in power. 
On overall business investment, Trump’s record again beats the four presidents who faced recessions in their first year in office (Obama, Bush-2, Reagan and Nixon), plus Bush-1)—hardly a heavy lift—and trails his four other predecessors (Clinton, Carter, LBJ and JFK). On investment in equipment, the comparisons are the same except here he trails Obama as well the four other Democratic presidents since 1960.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  JohnRussell    6 years ago

Adjusting for inflation, hourly pay for non-managers — about 80 percent of the workforce — fell 0.2 percent

Says it all.  The stock market gains don't put food on the table for the 80 percent. 

lady in black
Professor Quiet
5  lady in black    6 years ago

Anything that comes out of orange conman traitor in chief's mouth is a lie, sad that so many fall for his bs.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
6  It Is ME    6 years ago

Sounds like the article is advocating that "THE COST OF LIVING" is too high, Not that Trump is the problem....even though they TRY to MAKE Trump "THE PROBLEM" !

From the article:

"-wages. While paychecks are slowly grinding higher, inflation is now canceling out the gains. Lifted by higher gasoline prices, consumer prices increased 2.9 percent in June from a year earlier, the most in six years.
Adjusting for inflation, hourly pay for non-managers — about 80 percent of the workforce — fell 0.2 percent over the same period. Yet in 1998, for example, inflation-adjusted hourly pay growth topped 2.5 percent."

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
6.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  It Is ME @6    6 years ago

It isn't saying that the cost of living is "too high", it's pointing out that the cost of living is increasing faster than 80% of the populaces income is growing. Obviously that is unsustainable in the long run. The point of the article is that while Trump constantly and incessantly toots his own horn, the economy is not the "best ever" as he claims and is, in fact, in trouble. It doesn't matter how low unemployment is if inflation is growing faster than wages are rising. And Trumps tariff war he's started isn't helping keep inflation down, it's having a reverse effect as many imports are now getting more expensive.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
6.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @6.1    6 years ago
It isn't saying that the cost of living is "too high", it's pointing out that the cost of living is increasing faster than 80% of the populaces income is growing.

And how long has this been going on ?

I suppose...… ONLY the LAST 2 years huh ! Face Palm

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7  seeder  Tessylo    6 years ago
'Sounds like the article is advocating that "THE COST OF LIVING" is too high, Not that Trump is the problem...'

Sounds like is the same as assume, you know what they say about assumptions right?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
7.1  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @7    6 years ago
you know what they say about assumptions right?

No....what ?

The article supposedly has factual stats. Are you refuting your own seeded article ?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  It Is ME @7.1    6 years ago
'Sounds like the article is advocating that "THE COST OF LIVING" is too high, Not that Trump is the problem....even though they TRY to MAKE Trump "THE PROBLEM" !'
Regarding your assumption - per DP 'It isn't saying that the cost of living is "too high", it's pointing out that the cost of living is increasing faster than 80% of the populaces income is growing.'

It Is ME
Masters Guide
7.1.2  It Is ME  replied to  Tessylo @7.1.1    6 years ago
per DP 'It isn't saying that the cost of living is "too high", it's pointing out that the cost of living is increasing faster than 80% of the populaces income is growing.'

Face Palm

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.3  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  It Is ME @7.1    6 years ago

Not supposedly factual, FACTUAL.   

96WS6
Junior Quiet
7.1.4  96WS6  replied to  It Is ME @7.1.2    6 years ago

deleted

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.5  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  96WS6 @7.1.4    6 years ago

Why do you bother?  

It Is ME
Masters Guide
7.1.6  It Is ME  replied to  96WS6 @7.1.4    6 years ago

ghostly bear
Freshman Silent
8  ghostly bear    6 years ago

I've never seen signs at a place of business that said apply today start today until trump. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  ghostly bear @8    6 years ago

NEVER?  NEVER EVER?  FOR SERIOUS?

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
8.1.1  lennylynx  replied to  Tessylo @8.1    6 years ago

Whether or not our friendly neighborhood bear saw the signs before, there have always BEEN jobs where you can start on the spot.  Landed a few jobs myself that way in my younger years.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
8.1.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  lennylynx @8.1.1    6 years ago

Thanks Lenny.  Some seem to think that before Rump, these things didn't exist.  LOL!

Tacos!
Professor Guide
9  Tacos!    6 years ago

This is kind of a silly thing to fact check. He thinks it's the best ever. That's an opinion. I disagree with him, but it doesn't need to be fact checked.

Fact checking has become a way of inserting commentary and opinion into ostensibly "straight news." It's supposed to be a presentation of the facts and the reader decides what it all means, but here we are being told what it all means up front.

There is a seemingly infinite number of ways to measure the economy and just as many opinions about which metric or set of metrics would be the most effective way of determining the best economy. So, it doesn't matter that you can come up with data that shows things have been better before.

So, this ends up being a kind of fake news. Some reporter or news agency decides that Trump's opinion is really a fact that needs to be checked and they present the fact check story without even justifying whether or not it needed to be done in the first place. You're just supposed to accept that it is. Then you're supposed to accept that their argument is the only argument possible.

It all just looks like another example of the pathological need the press has to attack this president. 

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
10  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu     6 years ago

FACT CHECK: Trump Falsely Claims ..........

enter pretty much whatever ya want here. 

My current fav is " No more nuclear threat"  

Not to be outdone by the famose "Mexico will pay for our wall"