╌>

One Of Trump's Biggest Supporters In Congress Has Been Arrested For Securities Fraud And Stock Manipulation

Category:  News & Politics

By:  johnrussell  •  6 years ago  •  12 comments

One Of Trump's Biggest Supporters In Congress Has Been Arrested For Securities Fraud And Stock Manipulation

JUST IN: Rep. Chris Collins (R-NY), Trump’s earliest congressional backer, arrested by the FBI on securities fraud-related charges, via

JUST IN: Rep. Chris Collins , two others charged with insider trading relating to securities of an Australian biotechnology company on whose board of directors Collins served. -

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    6 years ago

171012170026-chris-collins-04-21-2017-ex

If you watch cable news you have probably seen Collins on various shows praising Trump to high heaven.  He was the first person in Congress to endorse Trump back in 2015.  Trump is a slimeball magnet. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  author  JohnRussell    6 years ago

I wonder how many suckers believe that all these sleaze crooks orbit around Trump's sun, but Trump himself is clean. LOL. 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3  Split Personality    6 years ago

The other 2 people ( arrested so far ) were his son  and his son's fiance's father (Stephen Zarsky)

Seems like Chris Collins told his son, and the son told several people including Zarsky, and he told several people and so on, and so on.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
3.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Split Personality @3    6 years ago
Seems like Chris Collins told his son, and the son told several people including Zarsky, and he told several people and so on

It could have been just an innocent mistake on Collins part letting his son know about it, but then Collins lied to investigators about it, so that pretty much proves this wasn't just bad judgment telling your son something he shouldn't have but not expecting him to act on it. Obviously he knew what was going to happen, had likely gotten all his friends to invest in this company and then realized they were all going to take a bath and hate him for getting them invested in a company that he was on the board of that dropped in value 92% in a single day.

So the facts are, GOP representative leaked confidential information, encouraged his family and friends to engage in insider trading, then lied about it to investigators. I'd say I'm surprised, but this is pretty much par for the Republican course. Trump never wanted to "drain the swamp", he just wanted to change who was in charge of it.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  author  JohnRussell    6 years ago

He is a top ten Trump defender. Branches on the same tree. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5  author  JohnRussell    6 years ago

How long until we hear that Collins is being persecuted by the FBI because he is a friend and supporter of Trump?  It's probably happening already in right wing and alt right conspiracy land. I havent looked at twitter for it yet today. The deep state is striking back against the freedom fighters Collins and Trump !

MAGA !  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @5    6 years ago
How long until we hear that Collins is being persecuted by the FBI because he is a friend and supporter of Trump?

This Collins thing is a total witch hunt. They are treating this guy like Al Capone. I smell a pardon coming.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
6  lady in black    6 years ago

He is a scumbag.  Unfortunately the "rural deporables" elected this fucktard into office.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
6.1  Spikegary  replied to  lady in black @6    6 years ago

Erie County people, especially.  Rubes.