╌>

Laura Ingraham Has Been Peddling White Nationalism For Years: A Reminder

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  johnrussell  •  6 years ago  •  43 comments

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

David Duke Gives Ingraham’s Anti-Immigrant Speech A Thumbs Up

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/kkk-leader-david-duke-gives-ingraham-anti-immigrant-speech-a-thumbs-up

duke.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------

To Ingraham, the so-called alt-right is just a “more traditional” view, and Democrats are “agents of a historical and cultural purge.”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    6 years ago

What do we have here? An internationally known white supremacist leader praising the editorial comments of a major host on the premier conservative US tv news channel. 

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @1    6 years ago

The party of Louis Farrakhan wants to play the look what a loathsome creature liked? 

Of course, Farrakhan endorses Democratic politicians and Presidents, not news commentators.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1    6 years ago

When has Louis Farrakhan had a nightly one hour program on mainstream national television? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.1    6 years ago

Well, I guess he can get a job and get his own hour. Nothing stopping him except talent that I can see.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.1.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.1    6 years ago

en has Louis Farrakhan had a nightly one hour program on mainstream national television? 

When has  David Duke?  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2  Texan1211    6 years ago

Why do people who hate conservatives, and especially any of those appearing on Fox News, listen to her program?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @2    6 years ago

Does that strike you as a good defense of her? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    6 years ago

Why the heck would I need to defend her? Defend her against WHAT?

Left wing hit jobs that don't matter to a hill of beans and no one but a few disgruntled, pouty, classless people care about?

Nope, ain't going to do it!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.3  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to    6 years ago

It's easy enough to read. 

How many seeds or articles have you posted again Wally? 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1.3    6 years ago
'How many seeds or articles have you posted again Wally?'

As many as the other whiners on this seed.  Zip, zero, nada, zilch, diddly squat.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.6  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to    6 years ago

I don't have time to reply to nonsense , but that is half of what I am presented with here. 

You make many many comments. It doesnt take all that much longer to seed an article. 

Don't complain about what the articles look like unless it is something egregious. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3  Tacos!    6 years ago

Somebody needs reading comprehension or listening comprehension. Something!

“This is just their shorthand way of trying to demean anyone who is not part of the press cabal, the press club,”

See, I know this is a tough concept, but she's not defining the term "alt-right." She's talking about how the Left uses the term as a dishonest bludgeon to discredit people or shut them up. They do the same thing with other words like "racism" or [insert prefix]phobia." 

“not only do today’s liberals ― many of them ― hate our American traditions and a lot of our heritage

Uh yeah, many of them do. Not all, of course. Much of it is really petty, too. For example, at the Olympics, they hate when our athletes run around with the flag or our fans chant U-S-A. But you know, when other countries do it, it's charming. Also Trick or Treat is now really a vehicle for evil "cultural appropriation."

Yikes

is not much of an argument

asking if anyone could confirm that the video depicts a street in Paris. In doing so, she amplified the voice of a man

Not only is that interpretation of the retweet a heck of a stretch, if she's setting out to spread white nationalism, that's a pretty inefficient way of doing it. Seems like it would be simpler to just put a swastika at the top of her feed.

During a discussion last summer over terror attacks in the U.K.

So there were real terror attacks and they really were coming from the people being indiscriminately let into the country. You admit that. So she's not making it up.

When She Suggested That Brown-Skinned Immigrants “Lower Our Standard Of Living Here In The United States,” 

First of all, she never said brown-skinned. You did.

Unless They Are Christians.

So she's racist except to Christians? I though she was a White nationalist? How many white nationalists do you know who are ok with people of color if they're the right religion? I can't think of one. Make up your mind: Is she racist or not?

We know that,” she said before adding a caveat. “That doesn’t mean everybody has, doesn’t mean everyone who comes across the border is a nasty, horrible person

So she made it clear that it doesn't apply to all Mexican immigrants. Trump made that clear, too, in his speech. Do you dispute that some illegal aliens commit these crimes? No? Then stop whining about this people who simply stating facts.

My time is limited. Back later.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
3.1  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Tacos! @3    6 years ago
For example, at the Olympics, they hate when our athletes run around with the flag or our fans chant U-S-A.

Who the hell are you talking about? Who are "they"? I love the Olympics, love to see our actual flag carried around and our people chanting "U.S.A.". What I don't like seeing carried about is the confederate symbol of treason that many alt-right and white supremacists like to wave while chanting "Jews will not replace us!".

"So there were real terror attacks and they really were coming from the people being indiscriminately let into the country. You admit that."

More complete bullshit. Immigrants aren't "indiscriminately" let into the country. Legal asylum seekers go through a rigorous 2 year investigation before being allowed in and there were more illegal immigrants deported under Obama per month than there have been under Trump. The total population of illegal immigrants went DOWN by over 1 million during Obamas terms, so it's a complete myth that Democrats want an open border. We simply think calling Mexicans "rapists and criminals bringing drugs" as an unfair depiction when the vast majority are nothing of the sort, and even with the caveat "some are good people" doesn't excuse it. Maybe if Trump had said "but the vast majority are good people" I might give him a pass. As it stands he knew who he was speaking to, the alt-right white nationalists and white supremacists who are simply frightened little bigots scared of their nation browning and not looking like it did back in the 1950's.

Ingraham echoed those white supremacist views as she said “In some parts of the country, it does seem like the America that we know and love doesn’t exist anymore,”. Yes, that country that didn't ever expect a store owner to speak to them in Spanish, the country where all bank tellers were white, the country where being white meant you were somehow special or entitled to the benefits all Americans should be taking advantage of like freedom and equality.

"When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression".

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
3.1.1  Spikegary  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @3.1    6 years ago

So, you must know where all the illegal aliens are and how many there are, based on your statements.......

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @3.1    6 years ago

Someone I was arguing with on Face Book yesterday is all ascairt because of the Muslim woman that was elected to Congress. He couldn't stop talking about Dearborn and how it's all Muslim today and that as a woman I should be afraid.

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be afraid of

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
3.1.3  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Spikegary @3.1.1    6 years ago
So, you must know where all the illegal aliens are and how many there are, based on your statements.......

Sure, the illegal "aliens" are at Area 51, helping with government research.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
3.1.4  Tacos!  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @3.1    6 years ago
Who the hell are you talking about? Who are "they"?

People like this:

Don’t chant “U.S.A.!”

The fun, inescapable (and kind of worrisome) psychology of ‘U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!’

More complete bullshit. Immigrants aren't "indiscriminately" let into the country.

So, to be clear, your problem with what I said isn't that the immigrants are committed terrorist acts. Good. At least we agree on that. I'm willing to concede that the word "indiscriminate" might be more than is fair. Let's just say that Europe is not as vigilant as the United States and that their desire to feel good about themselves is exposing them to danger and death.

Craving for control: refugee screening in the EU and the US

And herein lies the catch for the EU: meaningful security screenings of refugees and migrants that have already entered EU territory are extremely hard to implement . . . At the moment Italy, Greece or Croatia still do not even (manage to) fingerprint and register refugees in a systematic manner. But even if implemented properly, these procedures would security-wise still not live up to the US screenings.

The EU and the Migration Crisis

Almost 90 % of refugees and migrants have paid organised criminals and people smugglers to get them across borders. In a large part of the EU — called the Schengen area — people are able to move freely without internal border controls

There may be some good news, though, because there does appear to be some movement to up their game.

but the flow of migrants has caused some EU countries to reintroduce temporary checks at their borders with other Schengen states.
The new European Border and Coast Guard was launched in October 2016 to ensure that Europe can protect its common external borders and face the new migration and security challenges together.

How ironic that at the very time the EU is getting a clue and implementing new border security, lunatics in the United States are talking about eliminating border security. smfh!

so it's a complete myth that Democrats want an open border

And it's a straw man to act like anyone said all Democrats want open borders. Some do. Some don't.

We simply think calling Mexicans "rapists and criminals bringing drugs"

Trump never said that. Watch the video (starting at 2:03) and stop listening to CNN.

Trump wasn't talking about Mexicans generally. He also wasn't talking about immigrants from Mexico (which would be a small subset of Mexicans). He was talking about ILLEGAL ALIENS from Mexico, which is an even smaller subset of people.

And we're still not done!

He wasn't even talking about ALL illegal aliens from Mexico because he said "some of them, I assume, are good people."

But he STILL wasn't done! He went on to say that it wasn't just Mexico and then he listed some other places like the rest of Latin America and the Middle East.

So what Donald Trump REALLY said was that SOME ILLEGAL ALIENS from Mexico AND OTHER PLACES bring crime to America.

But all the Lying Left does is repeat the lie that Trump says Mexicans are rapists. Sheesh!

devangelical
Professor Principal
4  devangelical    6 years ago

KKK casual. Sheets optional.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @4    6 years ago

Removed

JBB
Professor Principal
4.2  JBB  replied to  devangelical @4    6 years ago
KKK

A/K/A - The QKu QKlux QKlan...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.3  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @4    6 years ago

Deleted,  still skirting

Silent_Hysteria
Freshman Silent
6  Silent_Hysteria    6 years ago

Deleted

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
7  bbl-1    6 years ago

Ingraham.  Mid fifties, never married, has three adopted children, a girl from Guatemala and two boys from Russia.  She speaks Russian fairly well.  Well educated and outspoken.

Ingraham has always been an 'economic protectionist' and allied with the political belief that America was 'founded' by white Europeans for white Europeans.   End of story.

Are Ingraham's thoughts and comments racist?   As with all things, that would depend upon the 'tribe' in which one resides.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  bbl-1 @7    6 years ago

"She has also dated political commentator Dinesh D'Souza"

That says a lot. 

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
7.1.1  bbl-1  replied to  JohnRussell @7.1    6 years ago

Uh...……...wow!  That says more than I want to know.

Blows my 'tribal concept' out of the water, huh?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.1.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  bbl-1 @7.1.1    6 years ago

She loved his racist ideas more than she hated his dark skin.  They are both "intellectuals" after all.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.1.3  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @7.1.2    6 years ago

Like Archie Bunker said - She has more hismones than hermones.

She is quite mannish - from her face to her voice.  

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
8  Galen Marvin Ross    6 years ago
“In some parts of the country, it does seem like the America that we know and love doesn’t exist anymore,”

Yes, things have changed in this country but, that is what they are suppose to do in a melting pot, change. It is the purpose of a melting pot to change the mettle that is put into it, making it stronger and, more flexible at the same time. Ronald Reagan said it best in my opinion, "You can go to France but, you will never be a Frenchman, you can go to Turkey but, you will never be a Turk, you can go to Japan but, you will never be Japanese and, you can come to America and, you will become an American." Those who think like Laura Ingraham are the "dinosaurs" of America. With the change that Laura and, her kind hate, comes a stronger America, that is the purpose of immigration, that has been the result of immigration over the past two hundred years, to create a stronger Union.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
9  Colour Me Free    6 years ago

I had not even heard of this woman before she smack talked the high school student from Florida...

Somedays I feel like I am reading a Jeff Foxworthy skit - 'You might be a racist if...………..'  Seems as though racism has turned into 'just a thing' that can be altered on a whim (if 'you' were not a racist yesterday .. 'we/they' will make sure 'you' are one today)  .. between Russia and racism, I am not sure which one is seen most often in the dark closet or under the bed of many individuals.

I wonder if this national will ever regret this spotting of racism behind every bush (did anyone know that Nixon started his career by seeing communism everywhere) .. some is legitimate, and some is just twisting the actual events to fit a narrative...

Sorry to go off topic .. delete away!

Tacos!
Professor Guide
10  Tacos!    6 years ago
When She Floated The Idea That Immigrants Attempting To Re-Enter The Country Illegally Should Be Shot. 

What a lie! Have you no conscience at all? She was not talking about "immigrants" and she was not even just talking about illegal aliens reentering the country. She was talking about a very specific and very dangerous group: i.e. Convicted Criminals.

Some context because it matters:

CALLER: It's not just the terrorist threat, but we also have [California Gov.] Jerry Brown putting a lot of prisoners out on our streets . And along with Obama -- LAURA INGRAHAM (HOST): Oh yeah, really? So this is a perfect storm, hold on. You know something, Toni, I am so glad, don't hang up. I am so glad you reminded me of that. Brown is releasing all these criminals , because they're spending too much money in the jails. By the way, the jails are what, 27 percent illegal immigrants? Why don't we ship them back home and say you come again, and you'll be shot crossing the border? Why don't we ship them out of this country, why are we paying for these horrific individuals? They do their time, get out of the country, never coming back. Never coming back. You come back, you'll be shot.

She wants to shoot immigrants, eh? Face Palm

When She Called The American-Born Children Of Undocumented Immigrants “Anchor Fetuses.” 

What's the objection here? Is it the terminology or the accusation of the act? Because people really do come here illegally, give birth and hope to stay on the basis of their citizen child. The numbers declined at the start of the recession, but they are still staggering to look at. We're talking over 300,000 births in a year. Somewhere between 7% and 9% of TOTAL births in the United States. Amazing!

FT_16.10.10_BirthsToUnauthorizedImmigrants.pnghttp://assets.pewresearch.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/12/2016/10/24161224/FT_16.10.10_BirthsToUnauthorizedImmigrants-70x300.png 70w, 95w, 75w" sizes="(max-width: 200px) 100vw, 200px">

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
10.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Tacos! @10    6 years ago
By the way, the jails are what, 27 percent illegal immigrants? Why don't we ship them back home and say you come again, and you'll be shot crossing the border? Why don't we ship them out of this country, why are we paying for these horrific individuals? They do their time, get out of the country, never coming back. Never coming back. You come back, you'll be shot.

How would you know by looking at them crossing the border whether they had been in prison before in the US? Or do you recommend capturing them at the border and then putting a bullet in the back of their heads while they are kneeling on the ground handcuffed? 

What exactly was Ingraham advocating? 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
10.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @10.1    6 years ago
How would you know by looking at them crossing the border whether they had been in prison before in the US?

Maybe we could tattoo "Dangerous Asshole" on their faces before deporting them. Then we could spot them in the rifle scopes.

What exactly was Ingraham advocating?

I would think a sensible adult would figure out that she was employing hyperbole (like I just did) to make the point that we should be tougher on criminal illegal aliens. That should be something everyone can agree on.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
10.2  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @10    6 years ago

Thanks for all your rumpsplanations - of that's not what she said - or if that's what she said - this is what she meant.  

Tacos!
Professor Guide
11  Tacos!    6 years ago
When She Said The Cage-Like Structures Confining Migrant Children At The Southern Border Were “Essentially Summer Camp.”

I can't advise this strongly enough: Do NOT get your news from Huff Post. They lie to you. I'm sorry, but that's reality. Take a look at what they did:

If you watch their video, they have Ingraham making the summer camp comment. First of all, she has an adopted kid from Guatemala and that's her basis for comparison. But second, Huff Post then says "apparently this what Ingraham thinks a summer camp looks like" and they show a processing facility.

But this is a lie. The image they show is not what Ingraham was thinking of. The kids don't spend an extended period of time in the place with the chain link "cages." They are sent to facilities that do look very much like a camp. They play soccer, shoot pool, sleep in real beds, have access to phones, and eat real food. They even have some kind of classes. They're not spending weeks and months sleeping on the floor.

And by the way, it's not like Trump built these places or created this system. Nor did he write the law that says we can't simply turn these people away, thus keeping families together - which is what Ingraham is also advocating. These systems and laws have been in place for years. How come Obama isn't a white nationalist for keeping these systems in place?