╌>

Police chief's son, 18, charged with beating elderly Sikh man, smiles, flips bird in court: reports

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  badfish-hd-h-u  •  6 years ago  •  24 comments

Police chief's son, 18, charged with beating elderly Sikh man, smiles, flips bird in court: reports

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

1533976027785.jpg

The 18-year-old son of a police chief in California’s Bay Area, who allegedly attacked a 71-year-old Sikh man, appeared in court Friday, smiling and waving his middle fingers at media cameras, a report said.

Tyrone Keith McAllister, estranged son of Union City police Chief Darryl McAllister, entered the courtroom and flipped his middle fingers at their camera,  Sacramento's FOX 40  reported.

DFgmySa8.jpg

He appeared to be grinning, and made suspected gang signs while his hands were cuffed,   the Record  of Stockton reported.

"[W]ords can barely describe how embarrassed, dejected, and hurt my wife, daughters, and I feel right now," the chief   wrote on Facebook . He also wrote that his son, who has spent time in both juvenile and adult jail, needs to be held accountable for his actions.

The younger McAllister and a 16-year-old companion  allegedly confronted Sahib Singh Natt   while he was taking a stroll in Manteca, near Stockton in the Central Valley, on Monday at about 6 a.m., and asked him for money.

Authorities said the pair kicked Natt to the ground. Police said the video shows the suspect kick him at least three times and that one of the suspects may have waved a gun.

The police chief and his wife worked with local police to track down their son and the 16-year-old. The pair were arrested Wednesday on one count of attempted robbery, elder abuse and assault with a deadly weapon.

Investigators were still looking into whether the attack meets the legal criteria for charging a hate crime, the Record reported.

"As to whether it was just a crime or a hate crime, I’m of the opinion that at this point, looking at the videos, that it’s just a crime committed by some young people," Bobby Bivens, president of the Stockton branch of the NAACP, told FOX 40.

Bail wasn't set during the arraignment. McAllister was scheduled appear again Aug. 17.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
4  Colour Me Free    6 years ago
"As to whether it was just a crime or a hate crime, I’m of the opinion that at this point, looking at the videos, that it’s just a crime committed by some young people," Bobby Bivens, president of the Stockton branch of the NAACP, told FOX 40.

And those boys in Oklahoma were just bored, so hunted down a man out jogging and shot him in the back for the fun of it ...

Ooo my and WOW! this is so sad on so many levels..

PJ
Masters Quiet
5  PJ    6 years ago

This story has several victims including the parents.  Such a sad sad story.  I hope the victim recovers and the parents find peace.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
6  Thrawn 31    6 years ago

Wow, so that's a good look for the chief lol. It would be hard to lock up your own son, and even harder to not blame yourself as a parent, but I am glad to see that he knows what needs to be done. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
6.1  Kavika   replied to  Thrawn 31 @6    6 years ago

The attack was in Manteca and the father is the CoP in Union City around 60 miles away.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
6.1.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  Kavika @6.1    6 years ago

Meh, either way.