╌>

Gallup Approval Rating Tanking Again For Trump

Category:  News & Politics

By:  johnrussell  •  6 years ago  •  33 comments

Gallup Approval Rating Tanking Again For Trump

Trump is back down below 40% again in the weekly Gallup Presidential Approval Rating

gal.JPG 39% Approval  -  56% Disapproval

The picture is fairly clear. Trump's basic approval on Gallup is in the mid to upper 30's. Always. There are another 7 or 8 percent who are willing to edge toward approving him depending on his behavior at the time. And a final 5% or so that don't care at all either way ( We can assume these 5% are people who never vote.) 

Over a year ago I said that Trump would never get over 45% approval on Gallup. It is way more clear now. Trump has peaked. He peaked when the tax bill was passed and people thought that "Happy Days Are Here Again". This was the high tide , so to speak. Then it began to slowly dawn on people that whatever benefit they got from the tax cut was going to be eaten up by inflation, and that the rich had gotten the great percentage of the tax cut. 

It has also become crystal clear to people that Trump is not qualified to be president of the United States. Not by his understanding of the issues, and most obviously not by his psychological makeup. All his demented flaws are being laid bare as he turns our sacred high office of the presidency into a tv reality game show every week. Now he is feuding with the fake tv personality Omarosa, just like the participants feud on tv shows like The Apprentice or Worldwide Wrestling Federation. I'm sure on a personal level Trump enjoys this farcical nonsense, but the majority of the American people are appalled by it. 

Let's see where it goes from here. Most likely trump is in quicksand, and the more he flails around trying to bully and blowhard is way out, the deeper he will sink. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    6 years ago

Donald Trump's Presidential Job Approval Ratings

Approval rating Dates
%
Most recent weekly average 39 Aug 6-12, 2018
Term average to date 39 Jan 20, 2017-present
High point, weekly average 45 Jan 20-29, 2017, and Jun 11-17, 2018
Low point, weekly average 35 four times, last on Dec 11-17, 2017
GALLUP

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
3  Dean Moriarty    6 years ago

When you look at the map the heaviest disapproval is concentrated in just a few states. This is good as he still looks strong in the majority of states. 

etrogftbceafe9dg9fptca.png

Dulay
Professor Expert
3.1  Dulay  replied to  Dean Moriarty @3    6 years ago

Right! Vast empty states are so much more relevant than voters. /s

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.2  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Dean Moriarty @3    6 years ago

He's below 40% in Texas, thats not good. Not good for Ted Cruz this year either. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @3.2    6 years ago

Cruz may be in a tight race now, but is a while before the election.

I remember when so many said that Texas was turning purple when Wendy Davis ran for Governor.

Still waiting for that purple to show up!

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4  Paula Bartholomew    6 years ago

I would like to see the members of the EC polled.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1  Texan1211  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4    6 years ago

I would be willing to bet that after many elections, some of the electors have had a change of heart.

Hindsight is always 20/20!