╌>

Donald Trump slammed for ‘narcissistic’ tribute to Senator John McCain - "Only douchebag Trump would put a picture of himself on his Instagram post to John McCain."

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  johnrussell  •  6 years ago  •  339 comments

Donald Trump slammed for ‘narcissistic’ tribute to Senator John McCain - "Only douchebag Trump would put a picture of himself on his Instagram post to John McCain."

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

DONALD Trump has been hung out to dry by furious social media users over his “narcissistic” and “fake” condolences in response to the tragic passing of US Republican Senator John McCain.

Mr Trump reportedly rejected the plan to issue an official White House statement praising Mr McCain for his acts of heroism during the Vietnam War.

Multiple White House aides, including Press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders and Chief of Staff John F. Kelly, urged the president to release a statement calling the former POW a “hero” and thanking him for his service, according to The Washington Post .

But when Senator McCain died overnight at 81 years old after a battle with brain cancer, Mr Trump went against the suggestions of his senior aides and instead issued a short statement on social media.

View image on Twitter

swilly @Leadstack

Only douchebag Trump would put a picture of himself on his Instagram post to John McCain. pic.twitter.com/nU6BxBTHc0

========================

Taking to Instagram to express his sympathy to the grieving family of Mr McCain, the US President wrote: “My deepest sympathies and respect go out to the family of Senator John McCain. Our hearts and prayers are with you!”

But the message lost any good intention when Mr Trump accompanied it with a photo of himself.

Next to the words, the President featured a full-length photo of himself looking pensively into the distance — and people are disgusted.

Mr Trump and Mr McCain had butted heads over recent years.

Mr Trump drew widespread condemnation during his 2016 presidential campaign when he questioned Mr McCain’s military service, claiming he liked people who had not been captured.

“He’s not a war hero. He’s a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren’t captured,” Mr Trump said at a campaign event in Iowa.

After his cancer diagnosis, Mr McCain continued criticism of what the long-time foreign policy hawk saw as an “unpatriotic” abdication of US leadership on the world stage, denouncing Mr Trump’s policies as “half-baked, spurious nationalism cooked up by people who would rather find scapegoats than solve problems”.

Mr McCain irked Mr Trump in July 2017 when he helped scuttle long-standing Republican efforts to overturn health care reforms implemented by former president Barack Obama.

This ended Mr Trump’s bid to repeal the health care reforms despite having allowed debate of the matter to move forward by returning to Congress just days after his cancer diagnosis.

Mr Trump later won a partial victory in his effort to repeal and replace Obamacare when its requirement that Americans buy health care insurance or face a fine was cancelled in another bill.

Many have taken to Mr Trump’s favoured form of communication, Twitter, to tell him directly that his post is insensitive and wrong.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    6 years ago

Everyone who follows the news regularly is aware that McCain forbade Trump being invited to his funeral. That is better than any criticism of trump by the rest of us. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @1    6 years ago

Then why bother seeding the article?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1    6 years ago

Do you approve of Trump placing his own photo into a tribute to someone who died? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.1    6 years ago

How was what he tweeted a tribute?

We must think tributes are two completely different things if you actually believe that was a tribute.

And no, he probably shouldn't have used his picture, but what difference does it really make? 

Trump is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

Had Trump said nothing, you would have crucified him.

Had he spoke in glowing term of Mc Cain, you would have called him a liar, a faker, and worse.

And please don't bother to deny it, because your Hate Trump seeds every single day just about proves what I say.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.3  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.2    6 years ago

What other president can you think of that would have put a full length photo of themself into a condolence message? It's ridiculous, and you Trump supporters need to get that through your heads. He is a ridiculous man. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.3    6 years ago

I never claimed otherwise, so please save your bitching for someone else. 

The point I am making is that it doesn't matter what Trump did in this case, some were sure to bitch about it.

Like some do with all things Trump.

It is a disease like alcoholism--some just can't stop!

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
1.1.5  Jasper2529  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.3    6 years ago
What other president can you think of that would have put a full length photo of themself into a condolence message?

Barack Obama - on the deaths of Neil Armstrong, Arnold Palmer, Rosa Parks, and Nelson Mandela. You can look them up for yourself on Google Images. If you can't find them, please ask, and I'll help you.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  Jasper2529 @1.1.5    6 years ago

Eight Times When Obama Honored People With Photos of Himself
https://freebeacon.com/culture/times-obama-honored-people-photos-himself/

Sep 26, 2016 - Below are eight times when Obama honored those who had died and ... Rest in peace, Champ. pic.twitter.com/z1yM3sSLH3 ... Neil Armstrong.

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
1.1.7  Phoenyx13  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.6    6 years ago
Sep 26, 2016 - Below are eight times when Obama honored those who had died and ... Rest in peace, Champ. pic.twitter.com/z1yM3sSLH3 ... Neil Armstrong.

i'm guessing you don't notice any differences whatsoever between the two in the way they conveyed their "tributes" ?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.8  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.6    6 years ago
Eight Times When Obama Honored People With Photos of Himself Sep 26, 2016 - Below are eight times when Obama honored those who had died and ... Rest in peace, Champ. pic.twitter.com/z1yM3sSLH3 ... Neil Armstrong.

I wasted time looking at all those examples. 

1. Only half of them are about a death.

2. ALL of them specifically praise the person Obama is honoring.  (Trump's message did not have ONE WORD of praise for Mccain. 

Please stop posting ridiculous comparisons. )

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1.9  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.3    6 years ago

He had no respect for McCain so offering respect to his family is just laughable.  He also won't let the flag fly half staff at the White House.  It is supposed fly half staff until the body reaches it final destination.  Any vet who supports Trump after his displays of disrespect for a true war hero, shame on them.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
1.1.10  Snuffy  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1.9    6 years ago

yes he didn't care for McCain.  However the flag according to code is only supposed to be at half mast for a congressman on the day of his / her death and the next day.  After that the flag is supposed to go back to the top.  It's been tradition for the flag to remain at half mast until burial.  I agree that not keeping the flag at half-mast is a stupid dig at McCain,  but it's probably more that Trump didn't do anything to extend it rather than purposely having it raised back up. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.11  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.8    6 years ago

Like I stated, no matter what Trump would have done, you would have had a negative reaction to it as soon as you heard the word Trump.

No sense denying it, because it is evident everyday you post, on virtually any subject, you manage to get your little Hate Trump-fest going.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.12  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.8    6 years ago

And here I thought you were merely bitching because Trump's picture was on the tweet--just like Obama did.

So it was the words Trump used that you are now objecting to?

Which words did you not like.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.13  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.12    6 years ago

I looked at all 8 photos you posted a link to. None of them are comparable to Trumps message about McCain. I can't help it if the difference escapes you.  I'm tired of spoon feeding information to Trumpsters. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.14  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.13    6 years ago

Has there been anything that Trump has done that you HAVEN'T bitched about?

because I haven't seen it if such a thing exists.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
1.1.15  Tacos!  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.6    6 years ago
Eight Times When Obama Honored People With Photos of Himself

Nice! That's gonna leave a mark.

Image result for burn gif

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.1.16  MrFrost  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.11    6 years ago
no matter what Trump would have done, you would have had a negative reaction to it as soon as you heard the word Trump.

Sucks doesn't it? Well, buckle up because the dems had the same problem for the last 8 years with Obama. No matter what he did? The right complained. So get used to it. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
1.1.18  MrFrost  replied to  XDm9mm @1.1.17    6 years ago
Then President Pence Or will it be President Trump (Ivanka that is.)

LMAO!!! Oh wait, you're serious? Well, that's even funnier!! 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.19  Sparty On  replied to  MrFrost @1.1.18    6 years ago

Lol .... echos of 2016, 2016, 2016, 2016 ........

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.20  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @1.1.15    6 years ago
'Nice! That's gonna leave a mark.'

Nope.  The usual impotence displayed by some.. .   

'Eight Times When Obama Honored People With Photos of Himsel f   Sep 26, 2016 - Below are eight times when Obama honored those who had died and ... Rest in peace, Champ. pic.twitter.com/z1yM3sSLH3 ... Neil Armstrong.'

'I wasted time looking at all those examples. 

1. Only half of them are about a death.

2. ALL of them specifically   praise   the person Obama is honoring.  (Trump's message did not have ONE WORD of praise for Mccain. 

Please stop posting ridiculous comparisons. )'

It Is ME
Masters Guide
1.1.21  It Is ME  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1.1    6 years ago
Do you approve of Trump placing his own photo into a tribute to someone who died? 

Sure, Why not.

Schumer and other Politicians did a full scale "Personal" appearance on TV time, to voice their emotional comments. "Look at me too, I care" ?

A simple "Photo" is now worse than a "Personal" self indulgent TV Appearance ?

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
1.1.22  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.4    6 years ago
disease like alcoholism--some just can't stop

ill drink to that

lady in black
Professor Quiet
2  lady in black    6 years ago

Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, text Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, text Image result for trump not invited to bush and mccain funeral

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  lady in black @2    6 years ago

That's so awesome it needs to be posted 3 times!

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.2  Jasper2529  replied to  lady in black @2    6 years ago

<sigh. Here we go again with fake news. Trump wasn't "banned" from Barbara Bush's funeral. There are other sources with the same info if you don't like this one.

Why didn’t President Trump attend? 
A lot of people were put off by that, but there’s an important reminder: Sitting presidents RARELY attend the funeral services of former first ladies. Similarly, in 2016, then-President Obama did not attend the funeral of former first lady Nancy Reagan, while his wife did. Sitting presidents have rarely in recent decades gone to the funerals of former first ladies,  according to FactCheck.org , a project of The Annenberg Public Policy Center in Philadelphia.

Regarding McCain's funeral wishes: It's common knowledge that since at least 2015, McCain held severe animosity toward Trump.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
2.2.1  lady in black  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.2    6 years ago

Excuses, excuses.....

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
2.2.2  KDMichigan  replied to  lady in black @2.2.1    6 years ago

[Deleted]

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
2.2.3  Jasper2529  replied to  lady in black @2.2.1    6 years ago
Excuses, excuses.....

I gave you facts about sitting presidents either going or not going to former first ladies' funerals. It's not my problem that you don't like facts.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
2.2.4  pat wilson  replied to  Jasper2529 @2.2    6 years ago

Say what you want about presidents attending funerals, the fact is Trump insulted numerous members of the Bush family, so of course he was not welcome there.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.2.5  Trout Giggles  replied to  pat wilson @2.2.4    6 years ago

Well, that's a fact that will go over somebody's head

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3  Trout Giggles    6 years ago
“He’s not a war hero. He’s a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren’t captured,” Mr Trump said at a campaign event in Iowa.

Senator McCain did his duty for his country. Can you say that, mr trump?

I'm glad the family forbids you from attending the funeral.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1  Sparty On  replied to  Trout Giggles @3    6 years ago

That was an awfully ignorant statement that never would have been made by someone who served.

Trump was WAY out of line on that one.   Way out!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sparty On @3.1    6 years ago

Thank-you for that

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
3.1.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Sparty On @3.1    6 years ago

Agreed..............

GaJenn78
Sophomore Silent
3.1.3  GaJenn78  replied to  Sparty On @3.1    6 years ago

I agree! I told my husband over the weekend that he should have just apologized for the ignorant comment, owned his eff up,  say his mouth got ahead of him and he wasn't thinking when he said it. It wouldn't have made the comment any better, but McCain would have (maybe) respected him (and a lot of other people) for owning up to being and insensitive ass

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.4  Sparty On  replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1.1    6 years ago

No worries, just calling it like i see it.   The guy was clearly being an ass making that comment

I'm sure many will disagree but this is just one more reason i think serving should be a requirement to be POTUS.   The military is such an integral part of our country and NO WAY does a POTUS really begin to understand the military, if they never served in the military.

I know many politicians pay it lip service but i don't think many of them really care or really appreciate it.   Not really.   I hate what Trump said in this case but at least he was being honest with his thoughts.   Most politicians will promise you dry shoes while they're pissing on them.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.5  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sparty On @3.1.4    6 years ago

OMG!!!!

What's next cats sleeping with dogs?

We agree!

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.1.7  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Sparty On @3.1    6 years ago

After his continual disrespect of this war hero, any vet who still supports Trump should be ashamed.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3.1.8  Skrekk  replied to  GaJenn78 @3.1.3    6 years ago
I told my husband over the weekend that he should have just apologized for the ignorant comment, owned his eff up,  say his mouth got ahead of him and he wasn't thinking when he said it.

McCain was a big enough man to make an apology when he was wrong but Trump is not and never has been.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.9  Sparty On  replied to  XDm9mm @3.1.6    6 years ago

Well put but a guy can dream can't he?

winking

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3.1.10  Sparty On  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3.1.7    6 years ago

If we should be ashamed every time a bureaucrat/politician we voted for/supported, somehow mistreated or disrespected active duty military or veterans, we all would be ashamed ..... a lot.

That said, Trump made a obtuse comment about McCain two years ago.   I didn't like it then and i don't like it now but it's not the end of the world now anymore than it was then.    And i know many Vets who feel the same way about it.

To each their own.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Trout Giggles @3    6 years ago

When the enemy discovered that McCain's father and grandfather were high ranking officers, they offered to free him long before the five years in order to use him as PR.  He refused because his honor taught him that the first captured should be the first set free.  That is called integrity.  Trump has the integrity of a blob fish as well as the physical resemblance.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.2.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @3.2    6 years ago

I had read that somewhere. He really was a man of integrity.

The news this morning recounted when his plane was shot down. Apparently he landed in a lake in the middle of Hanoi with 2 broken arms and a broken leg. He was lucky he didn't drown. Locals pulled him out of the lake and began beating him. They could have killed him but a soldier or a policeman (can't remember which) came upon the scene and took him to the Hanoi Hilton

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4  Tessylo    6 years ago

Former Presidents to be attending McCains' service but not the current 'president'.  I'm so glad the shithole in chief was NOT INVITED.  It wouldn't be all about him now would it although he would try to make it that way.  

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
4.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Tessylo @4    6 years ago

Actually, the media is making it all about Mr. Trump by writing these stories. They just can't help but jump on that train to Bashville........................let that soak in..................

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1.1  Ozzwald  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @4.1    6 years ago
Actually, the media is making it all about Mr. Trump by writing these stories.

Actually Trump is making it all about Trump with his insensitive tweet.  The media is just calling him out on it.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1.1    6 years ago

How was his tweet insensitive?

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
4.1.3  KDMichigan  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1.1    6 years ago
Trump with his insensitive tweet.

Yes please tell us in what Bizzaro world offering condolences to the family is insensitive.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1.5  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.2    6 years ago

How was his tweet insensitive?

1st of all, it was a fucking tweet!

2nd, it was a generic Hallmark card of a tweet with his own picture on it.  There was nothing meaningful or personal in it.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1.5    6 years ago

Which words in the tweet are you objecting to?

Had Trump praised Mc Cain, the same people bitching about Trump now would have been bitching that Trump was "faking it--everyone knows he couldn't stand McCain--that POS Trump is a FAKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1.7  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.6    6 years ago

Had Trump praised Mc Cain, the same people bitching about Trump now would have been bitching that Trump was "faking it--everyone knows he couldn't stand McCain--that POS Trump is a FAKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trump Ditched Statement Paying Tribute to Sen. McCain, Tweeting 2 Sentences Instead

Face it, Trump is  sociopathic asshat.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1.7    6 years ago

had he went with that, you and others would still bitch.

You know it and I know it.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1.9  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.8    6 years ago

You know it and I know it.

Unless you can tell me, right now, what next Saturday's winning PowerBall numbers are, NO YOU DO NOT KNOW IT!!!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.10  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1.9    6 years ago

Okay, so it was an educated guess based on previous posts numbering in the hundreds.

All better now?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1.11  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.10    6 years ago
Okay, so it was an educated guess based on previous posts numbering in the hundreds.

Educated?  No.  It was a claim you made to try and cover your right wing extreme beliefs, you cannot conceive of anyone thinking differently than you do.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.12  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1.11    6 years ago

Here is what an educated guess is:

ed·u·cat·ed guess
[educated guess]

NOUN
a guess based on knowledge and experience and therefore likely to be correct.
"a prognosis can necessarily be only an educated guess"
synonyms: rough calculation · approximation · estimation · educated/informed guess · rough guess · impression · approximate price/cost/value · [more]

You're welcome!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.13  Tessylo  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @4.1    6 years ago
'..let that soak in..................'

let what soak in?  Typical nonsense.  

Nope it's all about Rump - and if it's not all about Rump - he acts worse than a petulant toddler.  

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1.14  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.12    6 years ago
You're welcome!

Thank you for the definition, it confirms that an "educated guess" is in no way related to your claim.  But thanks for clearing that up.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.15  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1.14    6 years ago

Once again, your personal inability to understand my posts is showing.

I am sorry about that.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1.16  Ozzwald  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.15    6 years ago
I am sorry about that.

That's okay.  As we've discussed before, just keep practicing your English.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.17  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1.16    6 years ago

[Removed]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.18  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1.16    6 years ago

I am sorry you didn'tunderstand my post.

devangelical
Professor Principal
5  devangelical    6 years ago

I might have a few suggestions on the type of weaponry and ordinance to be used in Senator McCain's 21 gun salute, and in which direction they should be aimed.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  devangelical @5    6 years ago

RPG's

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
5.2  KDMichigan  replied to  devangelical @5    6 years ago

[deleted.]

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
6  Cerenkov    6 years ago

Look! More faux outrage!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Cerenkov @6    6 years ago

nice to know you are protective of the asshole Trump

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
6.2  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Cerenkov @6    6 years ago

Spin this, the flag at the White House is not at half staff today,

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
6.2.2  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  XDm9mm @6.2.1    6 years ago
Maybe you should have read the article you linked to.....  here's a quote directly from it:
U.S. Flag Code states that flags be lowered “on the day of death and the following day for a Member of Congress.”

Died Saturday...  half staff  Sunday THE DAY FOLLOWING...  half staff

Today is MONDAY the second day after death.

The  United States Flag Code  establishes advisory rules for display and care of the  national flag  of the  United States of America . It is Chapter 1 of  Title 4 of the United States Code  ( 4 U.S.C.   § 1   et seq ).

I can only imagine that many on the left would harangue President Trump for breaking the law had he left it lowered for a longer period than required BY LAW.

Yet the flag over the Congressional building is still at half staff, hmmmm.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.3  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @6.2.2    6 years ago

Is Trump in charge of flags at the Capitol Building now, too?

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
6.2.4  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Texan1211 @6.2.3    6 years ago

Oh, Jesus Christ, you know as well as I do if this had been any Democratic president you guys would be up in arms over this, Trump can tell the staff at the White House to fly the damn flag at half staff until after the funeral and, they would do it, he can also tell them not to fly it at half staff and, they would do it. Let's face it, Trump will not honor McCain at all,

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
6.2.6  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  XDm9mm @6.2.5    6 years ago
Do you have a point?

He WORKED in that building.

He did not work in the White House and the WH is following the law.

Besides, the President does NOT//NOT dictate when the flag is lowered, except in some specific situations.   Lowering and raising the flag is a function of the full time WH Staff.

Did he work in other federal buildings too? Every other federal building is flying their flags at half staff, yet, the White House isn't, also Trump won't use a White House statement on McCain that praises McCain, sounds to me like Trump is having a high school sophomore tantrum,

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.2.8  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  XDm9mm @6.2.5    6 years ago

The flag should fly at half staff until the ceremonies connected with McCain lying in state at the Capitol building are concluded. A moron could figure that out, but Trump can't. Trump supporters just avoid reality. That is what they are best at. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.9  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2.8    6 years ago

Funny that so many of the same folks complaining about flags flying at half mast or full mast have no problem with people protesting not honoring the flag.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
6.2.11  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  XDm9mm @6.2.7    6 years ago
If you have a bitch, take it up with the people actually violating the law and flying it at half staff.

[Removed] defend Trump no matter what he does and, then you come on here and, complain because of an article written by a VOX reporter stating that McCain was wrong for choosing Palin as a running mate, calling her all kinds of things and, when Trump dishonors McCain by not making a statement or, even flying the flag at half staff it's, "Hey, that's ok, he's just obeying the law." and, ya'all know that is nothing but, BULLSHIT.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
6.2.13  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  XDm9mm @6.2.12    6 years ago
Now, now....  temper, temper. Not much into sweeping generalizations or anything are you?

Is there a mouse in your pocket that is helping you write this kind of shit?

You ARE aware are you not that there is a LAW that specifies when the flag is to be flown.
Or are you now proclaiming that you want President Trump to BREAK the law?
I see some serious conflicts with your flip flopping positions John.

Other federal offices are HONORING John McCain by flying the flag at half staff but, Trump can't be bothered because, McCain hurt his wittle feelings. Now, I fucking dare you to tell me that I'm wrong because, when you do you will be admitting that you think that Trump is above the law and, can do any fucking thing he wants, just like his butt buddy Putin.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
6.2.14  Jasper2529  replied to  XDm9mm @6.2.1    6 years ago

Excellently researched and factual comment about US Flag Code, XD. 

I can only imagine that many on the left would harangue President Trump for breaking the law had he left it lowered for a longer period than required BY LAW.

Perhaps that could be the "impeachable offense" they endlessly seek!  laughing dude

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
6.2.17  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Jasper2529 @6.2.14    6 years ago
Excellently researched and factual comment about US Flag Code, XD. 
Perhaps that could be the "impeachable offense" they endlessly seek!

bull.jpg shit.jpg

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
6.2.18  Jasper2529  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @6.2.17    6 years ago

Thanks for such a mature reply, Galen. It's not surprising to see who "liked" it, too!

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
6.2.19  KDMichigan  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @6.2.17    6 years ago

[deleted]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.2.22  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  XDm9mm @6.2.10    6 years ago
You ARE aware are you not that there is a LAW that specifies when the flag is to be flown. Or are you now proclaiming that you want President Trump to BREAK the law?

Trump can issue an executive order to build a wall but he can't order the White House flag to fly at half staff?

ROFL. Trump could order the flag to fly at half staff if the White House pet parakeet died. All he does is issue a proclamation. He doesnt want to do it for McCain, that is the beginning and the end of it. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.23  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2.22    6 years ago

And you bitched about him doing that, and now want him to do exactly that?

Look, we ALL get that NOTHING Trump has done or ever will do will please you.

My God, it is like a broken record with you--every damn day the same old tired bit about Trump.

Enjoy your little hatefest!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.2.24  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @6.2.23    6 years ago
Look, we ALL get that NOTHING Trump has done or ever will do will please you.

Get back to me when he resigns. 

People who defend Donald Trump should be ashamed of themselves. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.25  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2.24    6 years ago

People who do nothing but bitch should be ashamed of themselves.

Is there anything Trump could have done in regards to McCain's death that would have been deemed acceptable by you? 

Anything at all?

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
6.2.27  Skrekk  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2.24    6 years ago
People who defend Donald Trump should be ashamed of themselves.

[deleted]  That's why McCain didn't support Trump - because he was an honorable man and was unwilling to support a sociopathic traitor.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
6.2.28  KDMichigan  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2.8    6 years ago

[deleted]

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
6.2.29  Studiusbagus  replied to  XDm9mm @6.2.26    6 years ago

TRUMP FIRST PAROLE HEARING IN 2020

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
6.2.30  Studiusbagus  replied to  JohnRussell @6.2.22    6 years ago

Which he just did AFTER members of both parties howled

MrFrost
Professor Expert
6.2.31  MrFrost  replied to  Texan1211 @6.2.3    6 years ago

He is the POTUS? Is he not? OH! He is leading from behind, as usual. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.32  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @6.2.31    6 years ago

Wow. Why would Trump be in charge of flags at the U.S. Capitol Building?

That is a little bit ridiculous, and a whole lot stupid.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
6.2.33  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Jasper2529 @6.2.18    6 years ago
Thanks for such a mature reply, Galen. It's not surprising to see who "liked" it, too!

That's all that the comment I responded to, deserved.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
6.2.34  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to    6 years ago
Nor should it be. McCain was an ex-military officer who served a long time in government. Nothing really all that special about him.

Trump and, his supporters are having a,

trump crying.png

MrFrost
Professor Expert
6.2.35  MrFrost  replied to  Texan1211 @6.2.32    6 years ago

Hey i'm with you, I don't think that fucking retard should be in charge of anything at all. Maybe you can give us a specific list of things that trump is in charge of? I mean, does he have to swap out the tp roll when it's empty? Add peanut butter to the shopping list when the jar is empty? I mean, just so we can be clear... Thanks! 

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
6.2.36  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to    6 years ago

TrumpAnimatedV6.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.37  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @6.2.35    6 years ago

Sigh.

Here you go--and, BTFW, it took me almost 10 seconds to look it up for you.

What are the duties and responsibilities of the US president?
The duties and responsibilities of the US president are:
1. Chief of State: Acts as a living symbol of the nation and serves as an example for its people.
2. Chief Executive: Decides how laws are enforced and chooses officials and advisers to help run the Executive Branch.
3. Chief Diplomat: Decides what diplomats and ambassadors say to foreign governments and makes foreign policy.
4. Commander-In-Chief: In charge of the armed forces. The president decides where troops shall be stationed, where ships shall be sent, and how weapons shall be used.
5. Chief Legislator: Only Congress has the actual power to make laws, but the president has the power to influence Congress in its lawmaking.
6. Chief of Party: Helps members of his political party get elected or appointed to office.
7. Chief Guardian of the Economy: Expected to help the economy run smoothly and to focus on unemployment, commodity prices, taxes, business profits, and general prosperity.
Reference: www.scholastic.com/teachers/article/seven-roles-one-president

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
6.2.38  KDMichigan  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @6.2.34    6 years ago

That is funny seeing the Anti-Trumpers have been crying all day over a flag.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.2.39  Trout Giggles  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @6.2.36    6 years ago

I used to have a 2 year old that did that....

....She grew up

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
6.2.40  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Texan1211 @6.2.37    6 years ago

And, Trump has failed at all of them.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
6.2.41  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.2.39    6 years ago

I remember seeing the video of Trump when reporters were asking for a comment on McCain's passing, Trump sat there with his arms folded across his chest and, a toddler pout on his face, it reminded me of my children when they didn't get what they wanted.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.2.42  Trout Giggles  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @6.2.41    6 years ago

That's what we used to call "pulling a drag"

My lil princess used to do that in the store when she didn't get what she wanted

MrFrost
Professor Expert
6.2.43  MrFrost  replied to  Texan1211 @6.2.37    6 years ago

But does he have to change the TP roll or add things to the shopping list? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.44  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @6.2.43    6 years ago

Since it seems really, really , really important to you, I suggest you call the WH and ask.

Here ya go:

1-202-456-1111.

Anything else you can't seem to find with a 10-second Google search?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.45  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @6.2.40    6 years ago

Yawn. A typical response.

Got anything, anything at all, that is new and different or just the regurgitated complaints that have been repeated everyday since Trump won?

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
6.2.46  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Trout Giggles @6.2.42    6 years ago
My lil princess used to do that in the store when she didn't get what she wanted

LOL my grandson does it now, he's six and, doesn't like it when he can't get everything he wants at the store Mom tells him no and, he "pulls a drag" the rest of the time he's in the store. Too funny.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
6.2.47  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Texan1211 @6.2.45    6 years ago
Got anything, anything at all, that is new and different or just the regurgitated complaints that have been repeated everyday since Trump won?

That's jus it, Trump doesn't do anything different or, new, everything he does has been done by petulant children since the dawn of time.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.48  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @6.2.47    6 years ago

So just the same old same old from you.

Can't say I am in the least surprised, of course.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
6.2.49  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Texan1211 @6.2.48    6 years ago
So just the same old same old from you. Can't say I am in the least surprised, of course.

Then get Trump to do something different, I'll talk about that.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
6.2.50  1stwarrior  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @6.2.40    6 years ago

Be great if the Democratic leadership did - oh, wait - they don't have any leadership.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.51  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @6.2.49    6 years ago

Sure you would.

And I expect snow in Texas today, too.

LOL!

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
6.2.52  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  1stwarrior @6.2.50    6 years ago
Be great if the Democratic leadership did - oh, wait - they don't have any leadership.

It's nice to be a part of a party that doesn't require its members to walk in lockstep with the leaderships plans, like Will Rogers said, "I don't belong to an organized political party, I'm a Democrat".

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
6.2.53  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Texan1211 @6.2.51    6 years ago

[Removed]

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.2.54  Sparty On  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @6.2.52    6 years ago

Will Rogers said a lot of witty things, that sure as shit wasn't one of them ...... he was probably drunk at the time .....

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
6.2.55  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Sparty On @6.2.54    6 years ago
he was probably drunk at the time .....

Maybe he was but, I doubt it and, I have to say that I have to agree with him. The Democratic Party has a loose relationship with its members, they don't require that they all walk in lockstep with the party line like the new Republican Party does, they value differences of opinion and, ways of running campaigns, that is why the local campaigns are more solvent than the national right now, we have until 2019 to start collecting for that one but, the locals are the main focus right now, taking back the House and, the Senate as well as governors seats and, local legislatures and, as you should know, those campaigns aren't all about Trump and, his agenda.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
6.2.56  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sparty On @6.2.54    6 years ago
  • I am not a member of any organized party — I am a Democrat.
    • Ch. 9 "Rogers was a lifelong Democrat but he studiously avoided partisanship. He contributed to the Democratic campaign funds, but at the same time he frequently appeared on benefit programs to raise money for the Republican treasury. Republican leaders sought his counsel in their campaigns as often as did the Democrats." ~ P. J. O'Brien
    • Variants: I don't belong to an organized political party. I'm a Democrat.
      I belong to no organized party. I am a Democrat.

link

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.2.57  Sparty On  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @6.2.55    6 years ago

You keep telling yourself that.   Perhaps someday it will be true.

I've never belonged to either party and never will.   Something i can agree with Will Rogers on.

Democrats ..... Republicans, it's all the same thing with a different bias.   Bernie Sanders found that out.   Do you think the Democratic party was "open," "inclusive" and "fair" with him?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.58  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @6.2.53    6 years ago

Hmmmm...did I?

I believe I did not call you anything at all.

Is your imagination working overtime?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.59  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @6.2.53    6 years ago

[Removed]

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
6.2.60  lennylynx  replied to  Texan1211 @6.2.25    6 years ago

Why yes, yes there is Tex, and I would be glad to lay it out for you.  What Trump needed to do regarding McCain was...APOLOGIZE.  He needed to sincerely apologize for ever impugning the character of this great American, and admit how outrageous his comment about McCain not being a hero because he was captured, was.  Trump needs to completely and finally retract this comment, express profound regret about it, and beg the forgiveness of McCain's family and the entire country for ever saying it.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
6.2.61  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Texan1211 @6.2.59    6 years ago
Unless you are now a moderator, it isn't your place to tell me what C of C violations are. Are you a moderator?

Tex, can you show me were I tried to tell you anything about CoC violations and, claimed to be a moderator? How many times have you and, others claimed that people had broken a CoC on this site and, not been a moderator? Are you a moderator on this site?

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
6.2.62  igknorantzrulz  replied to  Sparty On @6.2.54    6 years ago
...... he was probably drunk at the time .....

bet Money

when pretty in Pink 2 2's

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
6.2.64  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Kathleen @6.2.63    6 years ago
How is that a violation?

If he was calling me a liar he has used something that is derogatory so, I asked him if he did call me a liar to see if he would answer the question, he didn't answer the question he only tried to derail further so, I must either make the assumption that he did call me a liar or, let it go. I've been trying to let it go but, people keep commenting on it.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.66  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @6.2.61    6 years ago

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.67  Texan1211  replied to  lennylynx @6.2.60    6 years ago

At this point, what difference does it make?

The same people bitching about what Trump said and didn't say will always bitch about the same things.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.68  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @6.2.64    6 years ago

Let it go, let it go let it go!

Wink

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.2.69  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @6.2.61    6 years ago

I don't know what any "others" have claimed, and suggest you ask "others" if it is important to you.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
7  Colour Me Free    6 years ago

A man of honor and service to the Nation is lying in State before being heading to the US Capitol to lie in State, funeral services Saturday and all some can do is celebrate the current President not being invited to his funeral.. 

It seems as though there is rather Trump'esque behavior on displayed … I have read that there is a difference between celebrating an individuals life, and celebrating their death … think I see what that individual means now...

Sad that Senator McCain's funeral services are being politicalized in such a way ….. Mr. McCain himself asked that former President's Bush and Obama give eulogies .. to celebrate his ability to roll up his sleeves and get to work in a true bi partisan fashion, to celebrate the life of a man that was never afraid to speak his mind, nor afraid to take responsibility for his mistakes and admit he was wrong... 

Rest in Peace Mr. McCain...

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
7.2  Jasper2529  replied to  Colour Me Free @7    6 years ago
Sad that Senator McCain's funeral services are being politicalized in such a way

John McCain started it many months ago when, as a sitting US senator, he told his family that he didn't want the current POTUS to attend his funeral, thereby disrespecting the OFFICE of the POTUS

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
7.2.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Jasper2529 @7.2    6 years ago
John McCain started it many months ago when, as a sitting US senator, he told his family that he didn't want the current POTUS to attend his funeral, thereby disrespecting the OFFICE of the POTUS

LOL. The office of the POTUS was disrespected completely the moment Donald Trump set foot in it. 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
7.2.2  Jasper2529  replied to  JohnRussell @7.2.1    6 years ago
LOL. The office of the POTUS was disrespected completely the moment Donald Trump set foot in it. 

Thank you for posting yet another comment which iterates your opinion.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.2.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  JohnRussell @7.2.1    6 years ago

Don't people have the right to determine who they want at their funerals?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7.2.4  Tessylo  replied to  Jasper2529 @7.2    6 years ago
'John McCain started it many months ago when, as a sitting US senator, he told his family that he didn't want the current POTUS to attend his funeral, thereby disrespecting the OFFICE of the POTUS.'

He started it?  Very mature response.  Exactly what I expected.  

And how is that disrespecting the office of the POTUS?

Like TG said - and I'm changing it a bit -  so Mr. McCain has no right to state who he wants at his funeral?  

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
7.2.5  1stwarrior  replied to  JohnRussell @7.2.1    6 years ago

And just how many have done the same to NT John?

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
7.3  Skrekk  replied to  Colour Me Free @7    6 years ago
all some can do is celebrate the current President not being invited to his funeral.

I seriously doubt the McCain's family would want a traitor to attend the funeral anyway.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.3.1  Texan1211  replied to  Skrekk @7.3    6 years ago

Then no need to bitch about it.

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
8  livefreeordie    6 years ago

Who cares?  McCain served in the military honorably but was a terrible Senator who should have left a long time ago so a conservative could represent Arizona.

we don’t lower the flag for other pow’s.  If it was for all it would be different

GaJenn78
Sophomore Silent
8.1  GaJenn78  replied to  livefreeordie @8    6 years ago

Wow..... The flag wasn't lowered at half staff for being a POW, he was a sitting Senator of the United States. You know, sometimes your posts make make me think and then others, like this, make me SMH..... You think he was a terrible Senator so the flag shouldn't be lowered?  Did I misinterpret your post somehow?

GaJenn78
Sophomore Silent
8.1.1  GaJenn78  replied to  GaJenn78 @8.1    6 years ago

You know, I can't remember because I was in 10th grade when Nixon died, but were flags lowered for him? I remember my dad telling me he wasn't going to get the huge send off like Reagan did because he didn't want it and didn't think he deserved it (my dads words), he laid in state at his library if I remember correctly. If flags were lowered, did he deserve it? 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
8.1.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  GaJenn78 @8.1.1    6 years ago
pic.twitter.com/z1yM3sSLH3

Yes, the flags were flown at half-staff and I think we got the day off (I was stationed in Texas at the time...but let me go look up when Nixon died....)

Yes...he died in 1994...I was pregnant with my youngest at the time

GaJenn78
Sophomore Silent
8.1.4  GaJenn78  replied to  XDm9mm @8.1.2    6 years ago

Thank you, I tried to research it. I was young and didn't have a constant 24 hr news cycle we have now. I mainly got the "news" from my dad, who BTW, loved Senator McCain. I hope they are having a beer together :-)

GaJenn78
Sophomore Silent
8.1.5  GaJenn78  replied to  Trout Giggles @8.1.3    6 years ago

Well, hell, I didn't get the day off from school!  (I kid :-))

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8.1.6  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  GaJenn78 @8.1    6 years ago

[deleted]

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
8.1.7  1stwarrior  replied to  JohnRussell @8.1.6    6 years ago

Removed for context {SP}

devangelical
Professor Principal
8.1.8  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @8.1.3    6 years ago
when Nixon died in 1994

I remember that party.......er, wake.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
8.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  livefreeordie @8    6 years ago
McCain served in the military honorably but was a terrible Senator

The only reason the Trumpites and bitterly partisan Republicans view him with disdain is because he wasn't piss his pants afraid of the word "compromise" like they are. He was able to reach across a very divided aisle and actually get things done for the American people and he voted his conscience instead of holding the party line like so many pitiful sycophants wanted. I rarely agreed on the policies he supported, he pushed some terrible Republican bills, but he never stooped to being a pure ideologue as so many spineless Republicans have. When there was something that could help the American people, regardless of whether the idea originated with the Democrats or the Republicans, he would speak out and stand up for what he thought was best for America no matter the in-fighting and pointless partisan wars being raged in Washington. I think anyone with even a smidgen of intelligence and patriotism, regardless which side of the political divide, would be able to proudly salute this war hero and maverick of America.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
8.2.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @8.2    6 years ago

When the country was in trouble because of the Wall Street Meltdown....he suspended his campaign and went back to DC to get some work done and try to save the country from a financial ruin

GaJenn78
Sophomore Silent
8.2.2  GaJenn78  replied to  Trout Giggles @8.2.1    6 years ago

Hey, Trout, did he do that willingly or was that a ploy by GWB? I was still young when he was running against Obama, but I remember something about GWB calling both candidates to DC to "discuss" that issue if its the same thing I'm thinking of. If it is the same, I saw that on the news, and thought to myself "damn....I've never seen that shit before", Obama went but looked irritated as hell. I called my dad and he said Bush did it to halt campaigns for a "minute". Mind you, Daddy loved Bush, but thought this was BS 

GaJenn78
Sophomore Silent
8.2.3  GaJenn78  replied to  GaJenn78 @8.2.2    6 years ago

Young, but not that young LOL. I still watched the news, but was in my 20s. I still called my daddy to explain things LOL

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
8.2.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  GaJenn78 @8.2.2    6 years ago

I think McCain went on his own. And I'm not one to disparage Pres Obama but I think he went only because McCain did. It didn't seem like he wanted to suspend his campaign.

I really don't think it was a ploy by Bush, but the Sec of the Treasury then, Hank Paulson? was the driving force on getting everybody's butts in their seats for that vote

MrFrost
Professor Expert
8.3  MrFrost  replied to  livefreeordie @8    6 years ago
so a conservative could represent Arizona.

Um, McCain was a conservative. Just because he didn't vote or act EXACTLY the way YOU think a conservative should doesn't mean he wasn't one. FFS. 

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
8.3.1  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  MrFrost @8.3    6 years ago
Um, McCain was a conservative. Just because he didn't vote or act EXACTLY the way YOU think a conservative should doesn't mean he wasn't one. FFS. 

What I like about this is that Cindy McCain is in the running to replace him.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
8.3.2  MrFrost  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @8.3.1    6 years ago

No shit? I hadn't heard that. If she is anything like her husband, she would be a good one. 

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
8.3.3  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  MrFrost @8.3.2    6 years ago
A day after McCain's death, political types from Arizona to Washington were buzzing with options. The senator's wife, Cindy McCain, was viewed as a possibility, as was former Sen. John Kyl and former McCain chief of staff, Grant Woods. Another group of former lawmakers and state officials were floated as middle-ground options — including Ducey's chief of staff Kirk Adams — who might not anger the right wing of the party.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.3.4  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @8.3.3    6 years ago

I bet the tune changes regarding Cindy McCain getting the seat, based on how progressives have treated any woman who dares to be conservative.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
8.3.5  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Texan1211 @8.3.4    6 years ago
I bet the tune changes regarding Cindy McCain getting the seat, based on how progressives have treated any woman who dares to be conservative.

I'll take that bet and, raise ya a general election choice.

freepress
Freshman Silent
9  freepress    6 years ago

Trump is total scumbag draft dodging narcissist, no redeeming qualities at all. I know his family only sits back and lets him loose because they don't want to be disinherited if they try to tell him what a loon he really is. He should have been put in a home not long before he ran for office but the family dare not do the right thing because they would lose money.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1  Texan1211  replied to  freepress @9    6 years ago

After Trump was rejected for military service, do you suppose he should have forced his way into the military?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
9.1.1  MrFrost  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1    6 years ago

Do you think it's appropriate to lie to avoid being drafted? [deleted]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @9.1.1    6 years ago

Please let us all know the lie Trump told to convince the military he couldn't serve.

Include who he told and why they would let him off the hook.

Yawn--think I'll take a little nap while you find that out to support your absurd little theory.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
9.1.3  MrFrost  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.2    6 years ago
Please let us all know the lie Trump told to convince the military he couldn't serve.

Which time? He  took 5 deferments. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
9.1.4  MrFrost  replied to  Texan1211 @9.1.2    6 years ago

Keep spinning... LOL McCain served, trump didn't. Trump is a fucking scumbag. But you keep right on defending that feckless cunt. LMFAO!!!!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @9.1.4    6 years ago

I spun nothing. You must be imagining things.

I will let you pick whichever one helps to prove your statement.

Wake me up when you find one and can actually support your outlandish claim.

Will that be anytime today, or should I come back tomorrow?

MrFrost
Professor Expert
9.1.6  MrFrost  replied to  MrFrost @9.1.1    6 years ago

Skirting the CoC [Perrie Halpern R.A.]

Well that didn't take long.. I waited 14 hours for a mod to address flags on the article I posted... Nothing. But Me? All over it. Thanks! 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
9.1.7  Trout Giggles  replied to  MrFrost @9.1.1    6 years ago
Do you think it's appropriate to lie to avoid being drafted?

Anybody who's a fan of Ted Nugent must think it's appropriate to lie to avoid being drafted

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
9.1.8  lennylynx  replied to  Trout Giggles @9.1.7    6 years ago

Hmm, well, Ted basically took the position that he was too crazy to serve.  Not so sure I disagree with that!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
9.1.9  Trout Giggles  replied to  lennylynx @9.1.8    6 years ago

He lied. He deliberately shit his pants and walked around in them for days because he was too chicken shit to pick a rifle and serve his country

Coward? Yes

Crazy? No

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
9.1.10  lennylynx  replied to  Trout Giggles @9.1.9    6 years ago

Yes dear...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
9.1.11  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @9.1.3    6 years ago

Have you picked one yet?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
9.1.12  Tessylo  replied to  MrFrost @9.1.3    6 years ago
'Which time? He  took 5 deferments.'

And daddy had a letter written for him.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
11  seeder  JohnRussell    6 years ago

Trump Ignores Questions About John McCain’s Legacy

Trump ignored several questions about his thoughts on John McCain’s legacy at a White House press pool Monday, according to Jonathan Karl, an ABC News Chief White House Correspondent.

Karl wrote on Twitter that Trump “heard me” but “did not answer.”

Jonathan Karl
@jonkarl

In the Oval Office just now I asked @ realDonaldTrump if he had any thoughts on the legacy on John McCain. He heard me but did not answer.

Noah Gray of CNN also tweeted that the president ignored Karl, but added that he ignored the question “three or four times.”

“President Trump was asked if he had “any thoughts on the legacy of John McCain” just now in the oval. “He ignored three or four times.”

President Trump reportedly also rejected sending out a statement praising Sen. John McCain, opting instead to write a short tweet.  According to the Washington Post , Trump decided against releasing the statement, despite calls from his senior aides, including press secretary Sarah Sanders and Chief of Staff John Kelly.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @11    6 years ago

Has there ever been an article about Trump that did not bash him that you have ever liked?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
11.1.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1    6 years ago

Donald Trump does not belong in the presidency. He is a piece of shit human being who is a pathological liar, a lifelong con man, a business cheat, a bully, and is an asshole. 

He should resign this afternoon. Why you hide your head in the sand about this is your problem. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @11.1.1    6 years ago

Nice way to avoid answering, which, in a twisted way, IS an answer.

You could have simply stated "NO".

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
11.1.3  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Texan1211 @11.1    6 years ago
Has there ever been an article about Trump that did not bash him that you have ever liked?

Has Trump ever acted Presidential, displayed a shred of humility, admitted any of his many many mistakes or stopped acting like a petulant vindictive child to anyone who isn't licking his boots? If he has, I haven't seen it. He has earned the bashing, ridicule and deserves to be exposed as the liar, cheat and man baby he is.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @11.1.3    6 years ago

Nice way to avoid answering my question, which is still KIND of answering it.

I'll put you both down as "NO",.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
11.1.5  lady in black  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @11.1.3    6 years ago

That's a big fat NO

Texan1211
Professor Principal
11.2  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @11    6 years ago

Like stated before, trump is damned if he did that and damned if he didn't.

lady in black
Professor Quiet
11.4  lady in black  replied to  JohnRussell @11    6 years ago

He is a man child that never heard the word NO.....he's a POS

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
11.5  KDMichigan  replied to  JohnRussell @11    6 years ago
He heard me but did not answer.

Awe the poor little snowflake felt he was entitled to a answer?

These poor Anti-Trumpers get dumber every day. 

Nobody owes his crybaby ass a reply to any question.

crying

Tacos!
Professor Guide
11.6  Tacos!  replied to  JohnRussell @11    6 years ago
Noah Gray of CNN also tweeted that the president ignored Karl, but added that he ignored the question “three or four times.”

Once again the fascist, gotcha Left thinks that Trump owes them an answer to every question no matter what it is or when or how it's asked. It is so long past time to get over yourselves. 

cjfrommn
Professor Silent
12  cjfrommn    6 years ago

i have read the comments above and its clear that one group gets it and another doesn't. 

so this is one of the biggest groups and if they suggest that president trump is lacking in tact and patriotism then i will defer to this group. 

sadly this is another screw up by a man who just cant see further then his face and doesn't understand how he offends others just because he doesn't take into consideration anyone elses input or suggestion. 

The leader of the American Legion, a prominent veterans group, also penned a letter to Trump urging him to lower the White House flag to half-staff through McCain's interment.

"On the behalf of The American Legion’s two million wartime veterans, I strongly urge you to make an appropriate presidential proclamation noting Senator McCain’s death and legacy of service to our nation, and that our nation’s flag be half-staffed through his internment (sic)," Denise Rohan, the group's national commander, wrote.

cjfrommn
Professor Silent
12.1  cjfrommn  replied to  cjfrommn @12    6 years ago

and sure enough...someone put a bug in his ear to put the flag back to half-staff. Again a decent president, much less a decent man, doesn't have to be told, he knows better. 

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
12.1.1  Skrekk  replied to  cjfrommn @12.1    6 years ago

McCain's spokesman just read McCain's final words to the nation, and it says in part:

We weaken our greatness when we confuse our patriotism with tribal rivalries that have sown resentment and hatred and violence in all corners of the globe…We weaken it when we hide behind walls, rather than tear them down, when we doubt the power of our ideals rather than trust them to be the great force for change they have always been… Do not despair of our present difficulties but believe always in the promise and greatness of America, because nothing is inevitable here.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
13  Skrekk    6 years ago

Good news - Trump just caved.    Presumably one of his aides must have felt embarrassment for him.

Statement from the President: Despite our differences on policy and politics, I respect Senator John McCain’s service to our country and, in his honor, have signed a proclamation to fly the flag of the United States at half-staff until the day of his interment. I have asked Vice President Mike Pence to offer an address at the ceremony honoring Senator McCain at the United States Capitol this Friday.

At the request of the McCain family, I have also authorized military transportation of Senator McCain’s remains from Arizona to Washington, D.C., military pallbearers and band support, and a horse and caisson transport during the service at the United States Naval Academy. Finally, I have asked General John Kelly, Secretary James Mattis, and Ambassador John Bolton to represent my Administration at his services.

And the formal proclamation:

As a mark of respect for the memory and longstanding service of Senator John Sidney McCain III, I hereby order, by the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, that the flag of the United States shall be flown at half-staff at the White House and upon all public buildings and grounds, at all military posts and naval stations, and on all naval vessels of the Federal Government in the District of Columbia and throughout the United States and its Territories and possessions until sunset, on the day of interment. I also direct that the flag shall be flown at half‑staff for the same period at all United States embassies, legations, consular offices, and other facilities abroad, including all military facilities and naval vessels and stations. IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this twenty-seventh day of August, in the year of our Lord two thousand eighteen, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and forty-third. DONALD J. TRUMP

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
13.2  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Skrekk @13    6 years ago
Good news - Trump just caved.    Presumably one of his aides must have felt embarrassment for him.
Statement from the President: Despite our differences on policy and politics, I respect Senator John McCain’s service to our country and, in his honor, have signed a proclamation to fly the flag of the United States at half-staff until the day of his interment. I have asked Vice President Mike Pence to offer an address at the ceremony honoring Senator McCain at the United States Capitol this Friday. At the request of the McCain family, I have also authorized military transportation of Senator McCain’s remains from Arizona to Washington, D.C., military pallbearers and band support, and a horse and caisson transport during the service at the United States Naval Academy. Finally, I have asked General John Kelly, Secretary James Mattis, and Ambassador John Bolton to represent my Administration at his services.

This is what I thought of when I read this, canned responses.

campbellstomatosoup484.jpg

And the formal proclamation:

As a mark of respect for the memory and longstanding service of Senator John Sidney McCain III, I hereby order, by the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, that the flag of the United States shall be flown at half-staff at the White House and upon all public buildings and grounds, at all military posts and naval stations, and on all naval vessels of the Federal Government in the District of Columbia and throughout the United States and its Territories and possessions until sunset, on the day of interment. I also direct that the flag shall be flown at half‑staff for the same period at all United States embassies, legations, consular offices, and other facilities abroad, including all military facilities and naval vessels and stations. IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this twenty-seventh day of August, in the year of our Lord two thousand eighteen, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and forty-third. DONALD J. TRUMP

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
13.2.1  KDMichigan  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @13.2    6 years ago
Good news - Trump just caved.

Yeah because President Trump really cares what the crybaby Anti-Trumpers are whining about.

Maybe He was to busy doing Presidential things to worry about what the snowflakes where about today?

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
13.2.2  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  KDMichigan @13.2.1    6 years ago
Maybe He was to busy doing Presidential things to worry about what the snowflakes where about today?

It would seem, according to his supporters, that Trump is the only president that can't do two things at one time. Maybe, your support is misplaced?

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
13.2.3  KDMichigan  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @13.2.2    6 years ago

Makes No Sense

Maybe, your support is misplaced?

Why because of your opinion? Bahahahahah

Just an FYI In real news that matters to those not crying about a flag the President made a better deal with Mexico in are trade agreements today.

Now you can get back to the news that matters...…..flags.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
13.2.4  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  KDMichigan @13.2.3    6 years ago
Why because of your opinion? Bahahahahah

No, because of yours. laughing dude

You said this,

You must think he can't do more than one thing at a time to write something like that.

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
13.2.5  Studiusbagus  replied to  KDMichigan @13.2.1    6 years ago
Yeah because President Trump really cares what the crybaby Anti-Trumpers are whining about.

He will when the hearings start....if he doesn't resign in disgrace before then.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
13.2.6  KDMichigan  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @13.2.4    6 years ago
You must think he can't do more than one thing

Where did I say that?

Don't try to put words in my mouth.

Like I said you can get back to your discussion that matters....flags.

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
13.2.7  KDMichigan  replied to  Studiusbagus @13.2.5    6 years ago
He will when the hearings start.

I heard if you hold your breath it will happen sooner.

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
13.2.8  Studiusbagus  replied to  KDMichigan @13.2.7    6 years ago

When it happens doesn't matter to me, but it will happen.

Have you been holding your breath instead of reading?

Here's some recent news, Cohen, who was not only Trump's attorney he was also a VP of the Trump Co. Recently convicted on felonies has already said he will testify without a deal and will refuse a pardon from the corrupt president.

Then you have Mr. Weisselberg, he's been the CFO of the Trump Co. longer than Trump has run it. He's also the CFO of the Trump Foundation. Did I mention his balls are locked in a federal vise and has taken an immunity deal to testify?

Let's not leave David Pecker out of this...He's the chair of the Enquirer and has a treasure trove of "catch and kill" dirt on Trump.

Did I mention David Pecker's pecker is also in a federal vise and agreed to an immunity deal to sing also?

Now, let's top that off with the NYS AG case also involves his kids...

Here's the BEST part...Trump can't pardon himself or his kids out of that one....he's only good for federal pardons, not state.

How much longer after those hearings do you think his political survival will be?

Still think I'll turn blue begore that comes to play?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
13.2.9  Tessylo  replied to  KDMichigan @13.2.1    6 years ago
'Maybe He was to busy doing Presidential things to worry about what the snowflakes where about today?'

Such as?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
13.2.10  Tessylo  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @13.2    6 years ago

And we all know damn well he didn't write it.  It has too many words with more than two syllables and was intelligent and reasonable and it didn't mention the turd in chief.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
13.2.11  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @13.2.10    6 years ago

My guess is John Kelley convinced him to lower the flag until Sunday. He also got pressure from the American Legion regarding the flag.

As to who wrote that tweet? Who knows.....

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
13.2.12  lennylynx  replied to  Trout Giggles @13.2.11    6 years ago

The attention paid to his legacy, and the adulation for McCain is going to drive President Bonespur batty! Happy

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
13.2.13  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  KDMichigan @13.2.6    6 years ago
Where did I say that?

Keep pretending you didn't say that but, everyone on here can read your words regarding this and, they know, you said it.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
13.2.14  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @13.2.11    6 years ago

I work at a University Hospital here in Maryland which is connected to a VA hospital - the Baltimore VAMC and their flag is not at half staff.  

Whenever I walk by you know whose portrait over there - good thing I don't have anything to throw at it - though I wouldn't want to be arrested anyway for defacing federal property.  

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
13.2.15  Skrekk  replied to  Tessylo @13.2.14    6 years ago
I work at a University Hospital here in Maryland which is connected to a VA hospital - the Baltimore VAMC and their flag is not at half staff. 

That surprises me.

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
13.2.16  lennylynx  replied to  Skrekk @13.2.15    6 years ago

The place must be crawling with Trumpanzees.

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
13.2.17  lennylynx  replied to  Tessylo @13.2.9    6 years ago
"Such as?"

Tweeting insults at anyone who dares to question anything he does, staring at his daughter's ass, golfing, calling people to talk about the crowd size at his inauguration and remind them that there was 'no collusion.'

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
13.2.18  Studiusbagus  replied to  Tessylo @13.2.9    6 years ago

Notice how fast KD has disappeared? Now, if one were not trying to bullshit themselves and us too one would stay and offer facts but.......

Tacos!
Professor Guide
14  Tacos!    6 years ago

Boy, life is pretty good when this is the shit people complain about.

So much is made of him not being welcome at the funeral. It's not like he would have gone anyway - even if he were welcome. Presidential attendance at a funeral is rare, especially for a "mere" Senator.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
15  Tacos!    6 years ago

Actually, the most disgusting thing happening in relation to John McCain's death is the way leftists and the media now want to pretend that they loved and respected the man and that they feel some great sense of loss.

Hypocrites! You treated that man like absolute dog shit when he ran for president and any time he spoke out or voted for something you didn't like. You do not get to pretend like you give a shit about John McCain now.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
15.1  Skrekk  replied to  Tacos! @15    6 years ago
Hypocrites! You treated that man like absolute dog shit when he ran for president and any time he spoke out or voted for something you didn't like. You do not get to pretend like you give a shit about John McCain now.

LOL.    Even McCain's Vietnamese captor issued a more heart-felt statement than Trump did, and that guy really did treat McCain like he was dog shit.    At least one of Trump's aides was belatedly able to write something decent and convince Trump to sign it.....but only after GOP leaders and the American Legion were howling in outrage.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
15.1.1  Skrekk  replied to  Skrekk @15.1    6 years ago

From the NBC link above:

Trump can't afford to have the nation's veterans turn their backs on him the way he turned his back — or held his flag at full-staff — to spite McCain. He needs to avoid angering them, both to protect his veterans agenda in Washington and for his re-election hopes.

McCain is not universally popular among veterans — and insulting McCain's service during the 2016 campaign didn't cost Trump the Republican nomination or the presidency — but turning the American Legion and Veterans of Foreign Wars into enemies would have been politically toxic.

Trump, who received educational and medical deferments from serving in the war that put McCain in a Vietnamese prison camp for five-and-a-half years, wants to throw himself a military parade in Washington in the midst of two wars that the U.S. has been engaged in for nearly two decades.

His retreat in the face of pressure from veterans groups demonstrates that he understands there's a limit to how much he can insult a high-profile veteran without damaging his own standing. And while the pushback from the American Legion and VFW didn't rise to the level of harsh criticism — they simply asked him to honor McCain when he wasn't doing it — their willingness to take on a commander in chief obsessed with loyalty suggests that they have a certain influence with him that neither his critics nor most of his allies do.

And in a show of just how urgent it was for Trump to reverse course, the flags at the White House were lowered back to half-staff — where they had stood on Sunday before being returned to the tops of their poles Monday morning — before he issued the official order to federal agencies to honor McCain.

Trump doesn't like to back down from any fight. Yet he had no choice but to retreat when the leaders of millions of vets came knocking.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
15.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  Skrekk @15.1    6 years ago

First you bitched because Trump only tweeted condolences to the family.

And now right on cue, and as predicted, you are still bitching after Trump did what you bitched he didn't do.

Like I said many times--it doesn't freaking matter what Trump says or doesn't say, you will find something to bitch about. it is like an incurable disease, and usually, the topic doesn't matter as long as you can twist it into a Trump Hatefest and Bitchfest.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
15.1.3  MrFrost  replied to  Texan1211 @15.1.2    6 years ago

And you are whining about people whining about trumptard... Hypocrite much? 

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
15.1.4  Skrekk  replied to  Texan1211 @15.1.2    6 years ago
And now right on cue, and as predicted, you are still bitching after Trump did what you bitched he didn't do.

LOL.....I think I'm the first person here to give the Trump regime credit for trying to correct an unforced error.    But that doesn't mean one can't analyze why Trump felt the need to make that correction.

As I noted elsewhere I'm amazed that any vet would support a true douchebag like Trump.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
15.1.5  Texan1211  replied to  Skrekk @15.1.4    6 years ago

Seems like many things about Trump amaze you.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
15.1.6  Tacos!  replied to  Skrekk @15.1    6 years ago
Even McCain's Vietnamese captor issued a more heart-felt statement than Trump did

What specifically is wrong with the statement? What do you think the president should have said? Do we have previous examples we could look to instead of just taking your word about what is appropriate language?

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
15.1.7  Skrekk  replied to  Tacos! @15.1.6    6 years ago
What specifically is wrong with the statement?

You mean the one which gave no praise to McCain for his accomplishments?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
15.1.8  Tessylo  replied to  Skrekk @15.1.4    6 years ago

'As I noted elsewhere I'm amazed that any vet would support a true douchebag like Trump.'

I bet they'll be lining up to vote for him in 2020 eh?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
15.1.9  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @15.1.8    6 years ago

Not this vet

Kavika
Professor Principal
15.2  Kavika   replied to  Tacos! @15    6 years ago

That's quite the sweeping generalization there Tacos. I'm what you would call a leftist (dem) and actually had quite a bit of respect for Senator McCain. As a military person myself (and my entire family going back generations) there is much respect for what he went through as a POW. (we fought in the same war)

Additionally Senator McCain was a life long advocate for Native Americans and the longest serving member of the Senate Committee on Indians Affairs. Twice serving as it's chairman. As a Native this is important for me. We did not agree on many items but I never doubted that he was a honest, honorable man. Something that currently lacking in this administration, IMO.

Senator McCain always had America's back. He was a true American patriot. Unlike many that claim to be or represent themselves as patriots. 

So Tacos that is the opinion of a leftist on Senator McCain. 

I did not vote for Senator McCain, but when we lived in Las Vegas we did support a local man running for congress that Senator McCain campaigned for in LV. My wife met Senator McCain and he was quite the gentleman and she was duly impressed. 

So there you have it Tacos.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
15.2.1  Skrekk  replied to  Kavika @15.2    6 years ago
We did not agree on many items but I never doubted that he was a honest, honorable man. Something that currently lacking in this administration, IMO.

Ditto.    I doubt there was much of anything I'd agree with McCain on from a policy standpoint and I think he had several serious character flaws like his anti-LGBT views, his selective support for terrorists like the MEK and the Contras, and his involvement in the Keating 5 scandal.   But he was usually able to recognize when he was wrong and correct his mistakes, even to the point where he actually opposed Trump's efforts to boot transgender soldiers out of the military.   And his vote against Trump's effort to repeal the ACA showed that he put country over party.

My favorite senator is still Russ Feingold (even though he's been out of office since 2011) and he wrote a good memoriam about his friend and colleague:

Also on the subject of McCain's character it turns out he called Khizr Khan and his wife shortly after Trump had publicly disparaged them.   And then he wrote a very public condemnation of what Trump said:

Tacos!
Professor Guide
15.2.2  Tacos!  replied to  Kavika @15.2    6 years ago
That's quite the sweeping generalization there Tacos.

Well, of course it is. 

I'm what you would call a leftist (dem) and actually had quite a bit of respect for Senator McCain.

Good, I'm glad to hear it. If what I said doesn't apply to you, then don't worry about it. I am aware that there are leftists in the world who genuinely had respect for McCain before he died. There should be because I believe that one of the great things about him was that he generally put principle and country before party. That means that at various points, he would have supporters on either side of the aisle.

But there were also a lot of people - particularly in media - who have been very disrespectful to him over the years. To those people who now want to pretend they always liked him - mainly because he feuded with Trump - I direct my accusation.

Kavika
Professor Principal
15.2.3  Kavika   replied to  Tacos! @15.2.2    6 years ago
Good, I'm glad to hear it. If what I said doesn't apply to you, then don't worry about it.

I never worry about what people say. I do like to point out that comments that seem to include all member of one party are pretty much BS.

But there were also a lot of people

Yes there are a lot of people on the right that attacked Obama with no let up...It works both ways Tacos. 

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
15.3  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Tacos! @15    6 years ago

LOL, you seem not to understand the difference in politics and, appreciation of someone's service. I can disagree with someone on policy and, politics but, I can also respect and, admire them for their service to this country. McCain and, I didn't agree on much, politically but, we did agree on one thing, nothing is more important than faith in this country and, in order to have faith in this country and, be a leader in any government office one must be honest, not just with the people but, with yourself and, that to me is where John McCain made his "bones", honesty, if he saw that something was wrong he spoke up about it, if he saw it was right, he spoke up about it, that is what this president doesn't understand about him.

In McCain's last attempt to become president I would have voted for him, if he hadn't picked Palin for a running mate, other than his VP pick and, his thoughts on Iran, I had no complaints with were he was coming from and, I think that once he was in office he would have seen the error of starting a war with Iran at that time.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
15.3.1  Tacos!  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @15.3    6 years ago
In McCain's last attempt to become president I would have voted for him, if he hadn't picked Palin for a running mate

I think that's a shame because he was miles and miles more worthy to be president than Barack Obama and I think we would have gotten a lot more done in those eight years than we did. The way he could work both sides of the aisle, I also think the political mood in this country would be very different today.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
15.3.2  Skrekk  replied to  Tacos! @15.3.1    6 years ago
I think that's a shame because he was miles and miles more worthy to be president than Barack Obama and I think we would have gotten a lot more done in those eight years than we did.

Why was he "more worthy"....because McCain was a white guy?

I also think the political mood in this country would be very different today.

That's quite likely true given that the reactionary right wing reacted very poorly to the fact of a black president.   Several studies since the 2016 election have shown that Trump was elected by the EC is large part due to white racial resentment and racial anxiety.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
15.3.3  arkpdx  replied to  Skrekk @15.3.2    6 years ago

No because he had more experience and new the inner workings of the federal government .

Why is it always race with you all?

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
15.3.4  Skrekk  replied to  arkpdx @15.3.3    6 years ago
No because he had more experience and new the inner workings of the federal government .

Obviously that "experience" didn't give him good judgement on foreign policy issues since he was a huge advocate of the illegal invasion of Iraq and a supporter of various terrorist groups like the MEK and the Contras.    Nor did it give him good judgement on military personnel issues since he opposed the open service of LGBT soldiers.    And it certainly didn't help him when it came to basic civil rights issues since he opposed marriage equality.

On pretty much every policy issue McCain was wrong and Obama was right.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
15.3.5  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Tacos! @15.3.1    6 years ago
I think that's a shame because he was miles and miles more worthy to be president than Barack Obama

I don't think that this is true, Obama had as much experience, if not more than another president that we had that did very well in office, of course that president wasn't obstructed by the other party like Obama was from inauguration day till the end of his presidency.

and I think we would have gotten a lot more done in those eight years than we did.

Well, of course, the Right wouldn't have obstructed him like they did Obama for eight years and, there wouldn't have been all the fake investigations that there were during Obama's Administration, even if the same things happened, which they would have.

The way he could work both sides of the aisle, I also think the political mood in this country would be very different today.

Well, I don't know about that, especially if the Tea Party had gotten as many candidates in office as it did during Obama's time in office, McCain was opposed to the Tea Party thought process.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
15.3.6  Trout Giggles  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @15.3.5    6 years ago

If McCain had won in 2008 I don't think there would have been a Tea Party. That little club was all a reaction to Obama's election

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
15.3.7  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Trout Giggles @15.3.6    6 years ago
If McCain had won in 2008 I don't think there would have been a Tea Party. That little club was all a reaction to Obama's election

Actually, the Tea Party started before Obama was elected, the movement was in full swing by the time McCain won the nomination, in fact Palin was its leading spoke person at the time. Remember the little old lady at the McCain rally? She was part of the Tea Party.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
15.3.8  Trout Giggles  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @15.3.7    6 years ago

I don't remember that very well. I remember Palin became one of their spokespersons AFTER the election

Tessylo
Professor Principal
15.3.9  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @15.3.6    6 years ago

Yup and they were astroturf, not grassroots.  

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
15.3.10  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Trout Giggles @15.3.8    6 years ago
I don't remember that very well. I remember Palin became one of their spokespersons AFTER the election

Tacos!
Professor Guide
15.3.12  Tacos!  replied to  Skrekk @15.3.2    6 years ago

Sure Skrekk, you got me. It's because he was white. /s Face Palm

What an imbecilic comment.

Didn't you just agree with the comment that McCain was an honest and honorable man? Didn't you just support a comment that basically said he was worthy of everyone's respect? And then you turn around and say stupid crap like I supported him because he was white. Un. Believable. 

The fact that you feel the need to weave race into something like this tells everyone a lot more about you than it doesn't about me.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
15.3.13  Tacos!  replied to  Skrekk @15.3.4    6 years ago

Why don't you answer the question that was just put to you?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
15.3.14  Tacos!  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @15.3.5    6 years ago
Obama had as much experience, if not more than another president that we had that did very well in office

By virtue of his incredibly undistinguished time in the Illinois State Senate? He was a US Senator for what? a little over a year before he decided to run for president? John McCain had already been a senator for 20 years and was in the House for four years before that.

Obama had virtually no experience on national issues, no experience leading people (like some of our generals turned presidents), no experience bringing together people with opposing views (like John McCain and other Congressional leaders) no experience as an executive (like so many governors who have been president). 

Obama had zero experience as a leader or a builder of consensus and that's a huge reason why I didn't vote for him. And when you look at his performance in those areas, I wasn't wrong.

Well, of course, the Right wouldn't have obstructed him like they did Obama for eight years

Oh, for sure. But under a McCain administration, it's likely Democrats would have gotten a lot more things they wanted than Republicans could have hoped for under Obama.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
15.3.15  arkpdx  replied to  Skrekk @15.3.4    6 years ago
On pretty much every policy issue McCain was wrong and Obama was right.

That is your opinion and it is worth less than I paid you for it. 

Going to answer the question? 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
15.3.16  Tessylo  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @15.3.10    6 years ago

Didn't they ditch the pitbull with lipstick?  The Hillbilly from Wasilla?

Too batshit crazy for Faux 'news'?

Good Lord - if McCain had won the election and that white trash hussy made it to the White House - there would have been drunken brawls on the White House lawn with Bristol and all her different baby daddies and all the other white trash Palin family members.  Did you hear that she is now on a reality show - some teen mom garbage?  

lady in black
Professor Quiet
15.3.17  lady in black  replied to  Tessylo @15.3.16    6 years ago

doncha know they are "fine" upstanding christian values family....LOLOLOLOLOLOLlaughing dude ....trashy hillbillies. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
15.3.18  Tessylo  replied to  Tacos! @15.3.14    6 years ago

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
15.3.19  Phoenyx13  replied to  arkpdx @15.3.3    6 years ago

wait ... now it's only the liberal minded ? really ? have you read post 11.3.3 (and below it) from one of your conservative minded brethren ? i'm sure you'll want to ask that poster "why is it always race with you all?", right ?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
15.3.20  Trout Giggles  replied to  lady in black @15.3.17    6 years ago

I know hillbillies that have more class in their pinky toes than the whole Palin clan melted together

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
15.3.21  Skrekk  replied to  Tacos! @15.3.12    6 years ago
Didn't you just agree with the comment that McCain was an honest and honorable man? Didn't you just support a comment that basically said he was worthy of everyone's respect? And then you turn around and say stupid crap like I supported him because he was white. Un. Believable.

Ummmm....whether McCain had my respect has nothing to do with the motives of you or anyone else.    I also see that you made no effort to support your claim that McCain was "more worthy" of the presidency than Obama, despite the fact that on so many issues Obama was right and McCain was dead wrong.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
15.3.22  Skrekk  replied to  arkpdx @15.3.3    6 years ago

That's because several political science studies (and history) show that for conservatives it usually is about race or at least about racial anxiety and a fear of losing status.    That's why today they support the racist King of the Birthers and it's why the Tea Party groups had such a strong element of racism.   Of course it's not ALL about race and white supremacy - there's certainly also a strong element of anti-LGBT nuttery, Islamophobia, xenophobia, misogyny and Christian Dominionism.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
15.3.23  arkpdx  replied to  Skrekk @15.3.22    6 years ago

[Deleted]

[Sweeping generalizations]

and [violation] of [rules about discussing  News Vine.]

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
15.3.24  Skrekk  replied to  arkpdx @15.3.23    6 years ago
The only people that I ever see here on NT and before on NV that continually bring up race as if it is important are liberals.

Right, that's why we see conservatives so often using racist and xenophobic tropes like attributing crime to undocumented immigrants, referring to black folks as "thugs", and finding all manner of excuses to ignore or denigrate civil rights protests.

If conservatives made an effort to be less anxious about race and a little more aware of racial issues they might find that some non-white folks would actually vote for the GOP.   Instead what we see today is that the GOP's racism and Islamophobia are motivating all kinds of minorities into political action against the GOP.   For example:

Tacos!
Professor Guide
15.3.25  Tacos!  replied to  Skrekk @15.3.21    6 years ago
I also see that you made no effort to support your claim that McCain was "more worthy" of the presidency than Obama

And I see you're still as bad at reading the thread as ever. I detailed those thoughts in 15.3.14 , just a few posts up.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
15.3.26  Tacos!  replied to  arkpdx @15.3.23    6 years ago

I guess I'm sorry I missed that comment. I'm curious what sweeping generalizations could be so objectionable when the comment is sandwiched by sweeping generalizations from someone else.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
15.3.27  Tacos!  replied to  Skrekk @15.3.22    6 years ago
there's certainly also a strong element of anti-LGBT nuttery, Islamophobia, xenophobia, misogyny and Christian Dominionism

Is that to cover all the people of color who are conservative? Preach on race guru! Digging a whole

Texan1211
Professor Principal
15.3.28  Texan1211  replied to  Tacos! @15.3.26    6 years ago

Pretty sure it depends on who you are, what your politics are, and who the moderator is.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
16  seeder  JohnRussell    6 years ago

DlrzruBUUAIZFjd.jpg

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
16.1  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @16    6 years ago

Cute, you can use the exact same thing for Hillary Clinton voters. Of course you would need to list each option twice- since she is twice the failure.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
16.1.1  MrFrost  replied to  Ronin2 @16.1    6 years ago
Hillary Clinton

Ya know, during the election cycle, the right claimed they couldn't wait for the election to be over so they wouldn't have to hear about Hillary anymore. The election was over damn near 2 years ago and the right is STILL bringing her up DAILY. I tend to believe that it's because they now realize that they elected one of the worst human beings on the planet and all they can do is deflect, blame others, point fingers, etc.

I think you need to accept reality. You have a republican president, republican congress, republican special counsel and one republican after another is either being indicted, pleading guilty or running as far away from trump as they can. 

The days of blaming the democrats? OVER. Our entire government is run by republicans, accept it. It's what you wanted so defend it without the, "but.......but.......but....CLINTON!!!!!!". She isn't even a government employee anymore, give it a rest. 

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
16.1.2  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Ronin2 @16.1    6 years ago

Man passes out..jpg

Texan1211
Professor Principal
16.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @16.1.1    6 years ago

Yes and the left did the same for Bush, which we heard about for 8 long years when Obama won.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
16.1.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  MrFrost @16.1.1    6 years ago

Yeah....I wonder how that "winning" is working out for them

Sparty On
Professor Principal
16.1.5  Sparty On  replied to  MrFrost @16.1.1    6 years ago
Our entire government is run by republicans, accept it.

I do:

- Unemployment down

- Productivity up

- Taxes down

- Stock market up

- Consumer confidence up,  except for small sector of haters looking for four leaf clovers in left field

-  Retail sales up

- Etc, etc

All accepted and i say go Republicans.    So do a lot of other people regardless of what left wing pontificators here on NT spew.   Thats just a whole shitload of partisan hatred getting vomited out by the same people here, day in and day out.   It's a lot of left wing mental masturbation thats all but i'm sure those folks feel better for a little while.   

So good job .... congrats!   Get ready to lose your ass again in the mid terms because of it.   I highly doubt you will make the historically normal gains as the minority party.   Highly doubtful .....

MrFrost
Professor Expert
16.1.6  MrFrost  replied to  Trout Giggles @16.1.4    6 years ago
Yeah....I wonder how that "winning" is working out for them

I think they are like the dems, still waiting for the winning to start. Trump's presidency has been one massive failure after another. 

Did you see the other day trump said his approval rating was 90%? Who was he polling exactly? David Duke, Kellyanne CONway, Sarah Sanders and Devin Nunes? 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
16.1.7  Tessylo  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @16.1.2    6 years ago

But, but, but, but Hillary.  Like a fucking broken record..

Tessylo
Professor Principal
16.1.8  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @16.1.4    6 years ago

But, but, but, but Obama.  Like a fucking broken record.   

MrFrost
Professor Expert
16.1.9  MrFrost  replied to  Sparty On @16.1.5    6 years ago

Dude, you do realize that almst literally everything you listed did the exact same thing under Obama....right? 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
16.1.10  MrFrost  replied to  Sparty On @16.1.5    6 years ago

Did you know that Obama proposed tax cuts for the middle class 3 times in 8 years? Wanna guess who shot those cuts down...every time? Hint: It was the republicans. Why? Because the cuts didn't cut the taxes for the rich... True story, go look it up. But please, do keep telling us how trump is in it for the middle class... LOL 

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
16.1.11  lennylynx  replied to  MrFrost @16.1.10    6 years ago

Exactly, and Obama was also the Deporter-in-Chief and solved the illegal migration problem.  Never mind trying to tell the right wing dingbats any of this though, their heads are all buried deep.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
16.1.12  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Sparty On @16.1.5    6 years ago
regardless of what left wing pontificators here on NT spew.

- Unemployment down- Productivity up

Under Obama: Unemployment dropped 10%

Under Trump: 0.8%

- Taxes down

President Obama signed an $858 billion  tax cut  deal. It extended the Bush tax cuts through 2012 and unemployment benefits through 2011. It cut payroll taxes by 2 percent, adding $120 million to workers' spendable income. It extended a college tuition tax credit. It also included $55 billion in  industry-specific tax cuts .

Trump cuts: Economists Tim Mahedy and Dan Wilson said in a letter released on Monday that the $1.5 trillion tax cuts passed by the Republican-dominated Congress in 2017 will likely boost the economy less than some predicted, and the trims might not do anything at all. The top 1% will get 22% of the tax benefits, 60% going to the top 5% of wealthiest Americans.

- Stock market up

Under Obama it recovered from 6,624 to 20,068 an increase of 13,444

Under Trump it's gone from 20,068 to 26,049 an increase of 5,981

- Consumer confidence up,  except for small sector of haters looking for four leaf clovers in left field

Under Obama it went from 34 to 96 an increase of 62 points

Under Trump it went from 96 to 122 an increase of 26 points

-  Retail sales up

Under Obama it went from $289 billion to $395 billion an increase of $106 billion

Under Trump it's gone from $396 billion to $445 billion an increase of $49 billion

- Etc, etc

Yeah, we can see the numbers and Obama outperformed Trump in every category. All Trump has done is built upon the successes of the Obama administration.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
16.1.13  Sparty On  replied to  MrFrost @16.1.9    6 years ago

Dude, not even close to the same thing.    For example, how many fed rate increases were there during the Obama admin?

How much qualitative easing has happened in the last two years?

Black unemployment was never this low during his reign, etc, etc

Sorry dude but you’ve got nothing but disingenuous rhetoric on this topic.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
16.1.14  Sparty On  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @16.1.12    6 years ago

Coming off the Great Recession, with all the federal bailouts and qualitative easing, Obama would have had to be a total idiot to not bring it back from that recent historical low.

Therfore your entire post is basically a non sequitur and not honestly comparable in a realistic sense.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
16.1.15  Trout Giggles  replied to  MrFrost @16.1.6    6 years ago

He read the poll wrong, but you knew that. LOL!

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
17  Ronin2    6 years ago

Trump and McCain hated each other; they didn't respect each other; and they sure as hell didn't put aside their political differences over anything for any reason.

So what do you expect Trump to do- stop being Trump?  Put out some bullshit statement that the left, and even many on the right, would call out. No matter what statement Trump made the left wouldn't find it acceptable; so to quote Hillary, "at this point, what difference does it make?"

This statement might be the most truthful/sincere thing Trump has put out ever.  I will give him a very slight nod for that.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
17.1  Tessylo  replied to  Ronin2 @17    6 years ago

We expect Donald Rump to show grace, decorum, diplomacy, and dignity  . . .

Oh wait, NEVER MIND.  

Never happened before and never will

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
17.1.1  Ronin2  replied to  Tessylo @17.1    6 years ago

If he did that you would be leading the charge calling him a fake, fraud, and phony.

This is the one time I will give him credit for not being politically correct.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
17.1.2  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Ronin2 @17.1.1    6 years ago
If he did that you would be leading the charge calling him a fake, fraud, and phony.

Well, ya know, that would be true in Trumps case.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
17.1.3  MrFrost  replied to  Ronin2 @17.1.1    6 years ago
This is the one time I will give him credit for not being politically correct.

He did claim to be totally against PC. Right up to the point that someone slammed him for something, then it was, "Oh the media is so mean to me, they treat me so unfairly!!!!!" 

Then there was this, that the right came unhinged about. Hey, she was being non-pc, and the right blew a fuse about it. 

170530kathygriffinfeature.jpg

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
18  Just Jim NC TttH    6 years ago

I have been pondering this "hero" thing for a couple days now and in my mind, could NOT come up with a "why". Captured, as were several others. Tortured, as were several others. And I ran across this post on another forum that REALLY makes one think. Let me know what you think AFTER your read it and let it soak in..............

"Liberals have no answer as to why we should be honoring McCain more than any other Senator."
The final line in the movie, "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance" is apropos:
"This is the West, sir. When the legend becomes fact, print the legend."
Heroes often are manufactured. Many, like John McCain, are manufactured through self-promotion.
The only reason John McCain became a hero was because he was the son of an admiral and the grandson of an admiral. No one knows the names of the REST of the POWs imprisoned with him and what THEY endured.
And McCain's family and his privileged upbringing is the only reason he was still flying when was shot down. He'd already crashed three planes -- and possibly destroyed two more. If it weren't for his family, he'd already have been grounded and possibly cashiered.
There are similarities between John McCain and Donald Trump. BOTH have manufactured images -- McCain's of a war hero and Trump's of a savvy businessman. And the fastest way to earn the unending enmity and ire of EITHER is to suggest (or demonstrate) that their manufactured images aren't reality.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
18.1  Sparty On  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @18    6 years ago

Well like i've said in here several times, i didn't like the man, disagreed with him much of the time but still respected him for his service.   Always will.   The issue here isn't so much that he's being recognized for some of the things he's gone through but rather that others who went through the same things (or worse) are not being recognized.

For some reason we tend to elevate people in positions like his, actors, athletes, etc to higher social status.   Much to our own detriment in my opinion.   They are just people like the rest of us and just as flawed, sometimes more.   They aren't bad people but rather .... just people.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
18.2  Colour Me Free  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @18    6 years ago

Morning Jim ole buddy ole pal .. did you slip a lil self promotion in your Fruit loops during breakfast, then trip and hit your head hard...?

I do not know what makes a hero, was John McCain a hero (?) he certainly did not think so - was that part of his manufactured image?   Mr. McCain said many times that others were far braver, that he witnessed others suffer through the torture and not cave as he did.  Although his family could have had Mr. McCain released from captivity long before the 5 and 1/2 years were up - McCain chose to stay with his fellow prisoners (that flat out takes brass ones!)  Did he do so in order to one day join the Senate?  Or did he remain behind to create a future where he could not raise his hands above his shoulders?  

Self promoted manufactured image - yeah, I will agree that is Trump … McCain not so much!

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
18.2.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Colour Me Free @18.2    6 years ago

Don't think he had much choice. It was the recognition GIVEN TO HIM more than likely in his bid to run for Senate by his campaign. Much the same as John Kerry's "self promotion" was probably given to him (although Mr. Kerry didn't hesitate reminding us all of his Viet Nam service) I am not discounting any of them, including Mr. Trump as he has successfully become POTUS..........hyped or not, seems embellishment is the "point du jour" in politics. JMHO baby cakes...........Winking 2

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
18.2.2  Colour Me Free  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @18.2.1    6 years ago
Don't think he had much choice. It was the recognition GIVEN TO HIM more than likely in his bid to run for Senate by his campaign.

Huh?  Darlin' baby cakes, you do know that McCain left his military service after 25 years in 1981 ..  in 1982 won a seat in the House of Representatives, later becoming a Senator in 1987 .. right?

Hero, not a hero .. does it really make a difference?  McCain was a man that I believe children should be reading about in history book - an American that loved his country, fought for our freedoms in a unpopular 'war' .. was held captive and came home to serve the Nation.  Albeit, he could be as partisan as everyone else .. he reached across the divide and worked with the opposition to achieve success …

Mr. John McCain does not have to be a 'Hero' in order to be respected and revered as a great American leader .. just by being the man that he was! 

Peace my friend - ya know we are never going to agree on this .. and I do believe that your comments are for shock value -- but I like you anyways : )

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
18.2.3  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Colour Me Free @18.2.2    6 years ago

Honey, can't agree with you more. Just because someone questions the definition of hero does NOT mean I had no respect for what he did and was...........at all. And you know you had my heart at hello.........Winking 2

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
18.2.4  Colour Me Free  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @18.2.3    6 years ago

So ya just wanted to read me preach'n .. : )

I struggle with the definition of Hero myself .. as to whether or not McCain is a Hero, after this conversation, YES I think he was, he stayed with his fellow prisons at the 'Hilton' which took far more than courage, it also took a great love for his fellow man and country to remain captive.  McCain earned the respect that was given him the hard way..

Just my opinion, as always  : )

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
18.3  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @18    6 years ago
The only reason John McCain became a hero was because he was the son of an admiral and the grandson of an admiral.

As I've mentioned before, I disagreed with most of the policies Mccain supported, but I have always recognized that yes, he was a hero just as every single one of our military men and women who put their lives on the line to defend America and our allies are. And in his case he was tortured and then told he could return home because he was a high profile POW but he refused to leave without the rest of those being held with him. Politics aside, any patriot would have to admit that his self sacrifice and service are enough to define him as a hero. I believe anyone challenging that record who hasn't gone through it themselves is doing so purely based on petty partisan politics and diminishing him all because he wouldn't bend to an incompetent, petulant narcissist that has blinded a third of the nation with faux indignation, fluffery and flattery for bigots and white nationalists appealing to the lowest common denominator by telling them what they so desperately want to hear.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
18.4  Skrekk  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @18    6 years ago
"Liberals have no answer as to why we should be honoring McCain more than any other Senator."

Ummmm...because he's the one most recently deceased?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
20  Vic Eldred    6 years ago

this article belongs in METAFIED!!!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
20.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Vic Eldred @20    6 years ago

Vic, 

Metafied is meant for member meta. I am not sure what you mean. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
20.1.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @20.1    6 years ago

Sorry, I'm not in the mood to explain it

MrFrost
Professor Expert
20.1.2  MrFrost  replied to  Vic Eldred @20.1.1    6 years ago
Sorry, I'm not in the mood to explain it

In other words, you can't. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
20.1.3  devangelical  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @20.1    6 years ago

ugh, always the teacher. Please stop while you're so far ahead. Thank you.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
20.1.4  Vic Eldred  replied to  MrFrost @20.1.2    6 years ago

Both Perrie & SP know exactly what I'm talking about

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
20.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @20    6 years ago
this article belongs in METAFIED!!!

what in the world are you talking about ? 

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
21  Thrawn 31    6 years ago

Trump is Narcissus reborn.