╌>

Giuliani: Trump legal team may try to block Mueller from releasing final report

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  6 years ago  •  4 comments

Giuliani told The New Yorker that it's likely the Trump administration would object to the memo being made public information. "I'm sure we will," he said, before adding that Trump would make the final call on a decision like that.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

President Trump's attorney Rudy Giuliani is claiming that the president's legal team may invoke executive privilege to stop special counsel Robert Mueller's final report on the Russia investigation from being released to the public.

Giuliani told The New Yorker that it's likely the Trump administration would object to the memo being made public information.

"I'm sure we will," he said, before adding that Trump would make the final call on a decision like that.

Giuliani made the comments in reference to the impending report that Mueller will file to Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein at the conclusion of his investigation into Russian election interference.

The New Yorker notes that Rosenstein will then have the ability to release the report to Congress and the public. But Giuliani has signaled that the president may move to stop that from happening - a development that could lead to a battle over whether Rosenstein is allowed to disclose the report.

Giuliani told The New Yorker that Trump's original legal counsel struck a deal with the special counsel reserving the White House the right to object to the public disclosure of information covered by executive privilege.

He also told the magazine that the Trump team is planning to release a report of its own to refute Mueller's findings.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    6 years ago

Get this. Now Mueller's report is coming the gop, which has been demanding his report, wants to deep-six it...

JBB
Professor Principal
2  seeder  JBB    6 years ago

Can Trump or Guiliani even spell O B S T R U C T I O N - O F - J U S T I C E?

JBB
Professor Principal
3  seeder  JBB    6 years ago

"RELEASE THE REPORT"...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @3    6 years ago

Where is it?

Ready to release?

DO IT INSTEAD OF THREATENING TO DO IT!