╌>

Taco Bell Employee Refuses To Help Customer Who Doesn’t Speak Spanish

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  badfish-hd-h-u  •  6 years ago  •  46 comments

Taco Bell Employee Refuses To Help Customer Who Doesn’t Speak Spanish

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

The first mistake was in going to Taco Bell.

Via   Miami Herald:

A video of an argument with a Taco Bell employee in Hialeah has unleashed a wave of indignation on social media.

The incident happened on Wednesday night, when Alexandria Montgomery was trying to place an order — in English — at a Taco Bell drive thru window at 785 East Ninth St. The employee refused to take her order because she wasn’t speaking Spanish.

In the video, which was posted Thursday night, Montgomery asked the annoyed woman, “Do you have a manager here?”

“She is in her house sleeping,” the employee replied in Spanish in a dismissive tone. There was no one else to take the order, the employee claimed.

“Honey, I have a car behind you,” the employee says in Spanish and closes the window.

“Can you move please? I have an order behind you. There is no one who speaks English,” the woman tells Montgomery in the video and threatens to call the police.

“This is Hialeah, I’m sorry,” she said in Spanish.

Two other Taco Bell workers approached the drive thru window when they heard the altercation, but apparently they did not try to help the client.

“No more, papi,” the clerk said in Spanish to a man who was in the car with Montgomery and was trying to argue that they were in the United States.

Finally, they had to leave without making an order.

Keep reading…

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3  Split Personality    6 years ago
In addition to that, Montgomery told NBC6 that the chain offered her a $100 gift card in response to the incident. “A gift card is not gonna just solve the problem, it’s not gonna give me justice,” she said. “Don’t try to like sweep it under the rug.”

On the one hand, the gift card was a nice gesture,

even if it was for Taco Bell...

one the other hand, what kind of "justice" is warranted?  The employee may have saved her life,  who knows...

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
4  lennylynx    6 years ago

This is a mess, and Taco Bell totally sucks anyway.  If only Hillary had won the presidency; we'd have a taco truck on every corner...

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
4.1  KDMichigan  replied to  lennylynx @4    6 years ago
we'd have a taco truck on every corner...

That must have been a total letdown for a lot of her base.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
4.3  Spikegary  replied to  lennylynx @4    6 years ago

She should have told them that at her election rallies, might have turned the tide.  For want of a taco truck she missed out on being president!

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5  Tacos!    6 years ago

Oh, but she understood "what's your name."

I'll bet you this is a couple of hispanics (probably illegals) who decided to fuck with the black people. Plenty of racist brown people in the world.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tacos! @5    6 years ago
Plenty of racist brown people in the world.

I'm sure, but for the record most Hispanics happen to be white. 
Totals for Florida:

Population by Race

Total Hispanic Non-Hispanic
Race Population  
White 15,130,748
Black or African American 3,216,994
Asian 521,272
Some Other Race 505,877
Two or More Races 495,368
American Indian and Alaska Native 52,904
Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander 11,288

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6  Vic Eldred    6 years ago

Hmmm......Hialeah, once hallowed ground.

This little incident is one more reason the United States needs to adopt an official language. That would be English of course.

As for the customers who were turned away, I think Taco Bell should do two things. Establish an automated system in the Miami/Hialeah area that recognizes both English & Spanish. Second those customers need to be compensated with some free meals, maybe $200 worth. I'm sure the disappointed and hungry customers are now Trump voters.